Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5539968 times)

agrajag

Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| Get Fired, Make Money
« Reply #23100 on: August 17, 2018, 04:12:26 PM »
I know, Bored. I was being facetious, sometimes it doesn't come across well online.

Unlike Nintex, I don't earnestly endorse anything Trump says or does.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #23101 on: August 17, 2018, 04:13:19 PM »
Why would you be part of a group that
A) Doesn't allow members to masturbate
B) Is led by a guy who stuck a dildo up his ass to prove his manliness live on stream.
 :cac
These dudes invade Portland or Seattle like every weekend. :doge
Hi

Boredfrom

« Reply #23102 on: August 17, 2018, 04:16:40 PM »
I know, Bored. I was being facetious, sometimes it doesn't come across well online.

Unlike Nintex, I don't earnestly endorse anything Trump says or does.

:fbm

studyguy

« Reply #23103 on: August 17, 2018, 04:48:59 PM »
Why would you be part of a group that
A) Doesn't allow members to masturbate
B) Is led by a guy who stuck a dildo up his ass to prove his manliness live on stream.
 :cac
These dudes invade Portland or Seattle like every weekend. :doge

Can you really call it an invasion when everyone in Portland or Seattle is already white?  :doge
pause

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #23104 on: August 17, 2018, 05:47:12 PM »
Feel like adapting a story about the Congo Free State to the Vietnam War is a recipe to garble its anti-colonial message, but as Ilf and Petrov once said, imperialism remains imperialism.

Boredfrom

« Reply #23105 on: August 17, 2018, 05:59:30 PM »
Feel like adapting a story about the Congo Free State to the Vietnam War is a recipe to garble its anti-colonial message, but as Ilf and Petrov once said, imperialism remains imperialism.

So that is a yes still does?  :doge

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #23106 on: August 17, 2018, 06:38:20 PM »
https://twitter.com/CoreyStewartVA/status/1030534209998385155

2018 congress is all about being just racist enough while still maintaining the ability to meme.
The Meme wars are escalating
https://twitter.com/CoreyStewartVA/status/1030583471985647616
🤴

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #23107 on: August 17, 2018, 06:47:43 PM »
https://twitter.com/IanSams/status/1030548996585082882

The spokesperson for the Democratic Senator from Virginia comparing his boss favorably to Ulysses S. Grant and his Republican opponent (who grew up in Minnesota) to Robert E. Lee is as good an illustration of realignment as I could imagine.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #23108 on: August 18, 2018, 05:48:58 AM »
Mueller has concluded that Papadopoulos is guilty.

He received $10 000 from a foreign agent (but not from Russia) and lied about a few things to the FBI that hampered the investigation.
The requested sentence is:
spoiler (click to show/hide)
6 months in prison
$9500 fine
[close]

This was one of the main 'TREASON!' suspects. So uh....  :doge
🤴

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #23109 on: August 18, 2018, 05:54:44 AM »

he pled guilty almost a year ago
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 06:03:14 AM by Mandark »

agrajag

« Reply #23111 on: August 18, 2018, 07:53:31 AM »

He received $10 000 from a foreign agent (but not from Russia) and lied about a few things to the FBI that hampered the investigation.
6 months in prison
$9500 fine
[close]

He cut a deal for Russia a long ass time ago, this thing IS the slap on the wrist deal. Jesus, Nintex.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #23112 on: August 18, 2018, 08:56:35 AM »

6 months in prison
$9500 fine
[close]

He cut a deal for Russia a long ass time ago, this thing IS the slap on the wrist deal. Jesus, Nintex.
I dunno, it still seems like basically nothing compared to what we were promised. Public hangings of the traitors.  :-\

Steve Bannon is traveling Europe, he was supposed to be executed months ago

Aren't witches supposed to be burned or drowned? So much for a witch hunt.   :idont
🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23113 on: August 18, 2018, 09:46:39 AM »
https://www.axios.com/donald-trump-stories-news-cycle-2018-c0a4fd56-ad7a-4120-aa9d-157edc29948f.html

I like that the graph illustrates just how the "X time unit news cycle" is actually true. Also the May lull without any controversy-du-jour is the moment where corruption by other officials came at the fore.
ὕβρις

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #23114 on: August 18, 2018, 09:57:07 AM »
Can we just ban Nintex from posting in this thread?
dog

agrajag

« Reply #23115 on: August 18, 2018, 10:35:01 AM »

You're the mod, dawg

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #23116 on: August 18, 2018, 11:04:45 AM »
Did benji take his L yet on the Brennan thing?
每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #23117 on: August 18, 2018, 11:35:11 AM »
:fbm :dead
🤴

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #23118 on: August 18, 2018, 02:47:37 PM »
Did benji take his L yet on the Brennan thing?
I think so? kingv pointed out I had conflated two things and I further noted I conflated more than that and had made another error about the "term limits" on security clearances.

n this instance, I didn't get the impression that kingv was necessarily disagreeing with the broader strokes of my argument regarding the media hyperfocus on the subject as the End of The Republic considering the post I first made was me agreeing with his comments along the same lines:
While I think this is petty and dumb, it’s not really as big of a deal as a lot are wringing their hands over. It’s not like Brennan has a SIPR terminal and a scif in his basement. It’s quite likely he hasn’t interacted with ANY classified material since he left office.
Rather he was cleaning up the mistakes I had made in my extended rambling due to his experience with the process, which was appreciated as it helped me also discover the other primary error I had made. If he had further disagreement he didn't seem to think it important to bring up. As I had posted originally, Brennan or any of these guys having a security clearance or not doesn't effectively matter if they're actually leaking classified info to their new employers. It simply shifts where the crime would be taking place if such a crime was happening.

Regarding the larger picture, I don't think there's much disagreement here about the proliferation of security clearances due to the proliferation of the usage of classification on everything as others with direct experience have expressed feelings on the stupidity of it all in the past.

But, you fail to note that I should be also taking a L regarding the Manafort Defense Team strategy as I had suggested my read on it was that they were letting the prosecution fuck things up. Whereas that amazing chart that came out, along with the other pause in the case details shows that they had a deliberate strategy of introducing absurd confusion into the proceedings including during the cross. And the prosecution walked into that, which changes the implication of the Judge's comments to rather warning the prosecution how they were so determined to present everything they had regardless of relevance that it was walking into a dual-bladed buzzsaw. I had not seen information on the defense's case other than that they didn't call any witnesses. So I had taken the implication that the prosecution was merely fucking up, not that they were fucking up and being assisted to do so by the defense's deliberate efforts at confusing the jury and cross-examining on irrelevant points so the prosecution would continue to head down those routes thinking they went somewhere.

It should not be unsurprising that I enjoy defense attorneys schemes to blow up prosecutions by basically being epic jerks in the courtroom. Even in instances where I don't care at all for the accused I find it great stuff. Manafort's obvious crimes leading to his defense team going "well, fuck it, let's get nuts" is great even if I hope they don't pull it off in the end.

Rake and The Defenders (2010 reboot) were great for actually showing this side versus the standard prosecution dominates and defense attorneys are evil dudes that proliferates in TV. (Runaway Jury and Bull are similarly fun for jury manipulation reasons, even if they're too heart string tugging horseshit at times.)
[close]

Apologies if I misread you and you're talking about a different L I need to take.

agrajag

« Reply #23119 on: August 18, 2018, 03:00:52 PM »
Maybe you should just SIT DOWN AND LISTEN, benji.

benjipwns

« Reply #23120 on: August 18, 2018, 03:30:38 PM »
#FreeAlex  :rejoice
#BanKlepek  :gun
The first tweet didn't load for me initially so I read the second one and I think I almost had a stroke from Trump saying something relatively reasonable and non-inflammatory that ended in good advice. (Especially for him on twitter.) By the time I recovered the first one had loaded and I felt safe again.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #23121 on: August 18, 2018, 03:57:44 PM »
Maybe you should just SIT DOWN AND LISTEN, benji.

I didn't know Navi said this. Please MARK all Zelda spoilers.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #23122 on: August 18, 2018, 04:47:08 PM »
benji predicting Manafort not guilty on all charges, gonna just jot that down here.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #23123 on: August 18, 2018, 04:51:15 PM »
To be fair, Benji is a libertarian. He can't help but doubt government competency, even in the one area in which they have a near perfect (98.7%) track record - winning court cases and sending people to jail.

agrajag

« Reply #23124 on: August 18, 2018, 04:52:51 PM »
Lmao at anyone that thinks the jury will unanimously clear him on all 18 counts

benjipwns

« Reply #23125 on: August 18, 2018, 05:00:13 PM »

:american

benjipwns

« Reply #23126 on: August 18, 2018, 06:05:11 PM »
Yeah, we should probably take Housing Segregation off that chart, 23 seconds? Talk about a literal non-story.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #23127 on: August 18, 2018, 06:18:52 PM »

agrajag

« Reply #23128 on: August 18, 2018, 06:22:57 PM »
I always thought itwas impressive how Leia was able to choke Jaba the Hutt to death, given the circumference of his neck. Either he is made of extremely pliable tissue or it's that coke strength.

benjipwns

« Reply #23129 on: August 18, 2018, 06:27:01 PM »
Seems the Hutts had the same concerns:
Quote from: Wookiepedia
Immediately following Jabba's demise, in order to determine the exact nature of the Hutt's death and settle the debate over the matter of his will, the Hutt Clan had the wreckage of the Khetanna examined. What they found was only a holorecording of Organa choking Jabba in his last moments. Most of the circulated copies of this footage and their vendors were hunted down by the Clan to prevent proof of their own vulnerability from circulating.

benjipwns

« Reply #23130 on: August 18, 2018, 06:54:22 PM »
OUT OF THE WAY, REAL NEWS COMING THROUGH:
https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/08/16/5484142/
Omarosa: Donald Trump might deport Melania if she crosses him

A couple of months ago, the Trump administration began looking into stripping citizenship from naturalized citizens who might have lied or cheated to get into the country. Was this somehow personal for President Trump?

According to Omarosa Manigault Newman, Trump might be using wife Melania Trump’s possibly questionable entry into the United States against her, just in case she decides to leave him before his term as president is over.
In her just published book “Unhinged: An Insider’s Account of the Trump White House,” Manigault Newman hypothesizes that a “vindictive” Trump would find a way to boot the first lady back to her native Slovenia if she were to cross him.

“Since Donald is fully aware of however she acquired her permanent citizenship, he could, if there were anything fishy around it, expose the methods and somehow invalidate it,” wrote Manigault Newman. “He is a vindictive man, and I would not put anything past him.”

Melania Trump gained residency to the United States with an Einstein (EB-1) visa. In her book, Manigault Newman said “Trumpworld intimates” often questioned how Melania, a former model, was able to obtain a visa that was reserved for people with “extraordinary ability.” Manigault Newman said there were rumblings that Donald Trump pulled strings to “secure or expedite” the visa for his future wife, according to People.

“If Melania were to try to pull the ultimate humiliation and leave him while he’s in office, he would find a way to punish her,” Manigault Newman wrote. “This is a man who has said he could pardon himself from the Mueller investigation. Why not pardon himself over an alleged visa payoff?”

“In my opinion,” she added, “Melania is counting every minute until he is out of office and she can divorce him.”
“Unlike the past, when (Melania) had no recourse or influence, she no longer had to accept her powerlessness,” Manigault Newman wrote. “I believe that by avoiding Donald’s clasp in public, Melania was grasping the full extent of her power.”

benjipwns

« Reply #23131 on: August 18, 2018, 07:08:59 PM »
Maybe Melania is QAnon? :thinking

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #23132 on: August 18, 2018, 07:12:58 PM »
Melania Trump picked cyber bullying as her 'thing' as first lady, copied Michelle Obama's speech and decorated the White House into a death star for Christmas.

She is/was completely in on the fuckery.
🤴

kingv

« Reply #23133 on: August 18, 2018, 11:43:55 PM »
benji predicting Manafort not guilty on all charges, gonna just jot that down here.

I think he pretty obviously committed crimes some of it is really obvious and he’s essentially caught red-handed.

That said people are stupid and he is white and rich.

Basically. If you are white and didn’t kill your wife, shoot up a school, or try to eat a dead body I think
You should just try your luck at trial.

Nola

« Reply #23134 on: August 19, 2018, 12:07:30 AM »
So Don McGahn has been cooperating extensively with Mueller. That’s kind of something.

kingv

« Reply #23135 on: August 19, 2018, 01:26:32 AM »
So will trump fire Don McGahn? Isn’t firing him actually kind of obstruction on its own?

Also, my brother in law just said that Trump has higher approval ratings than Obama... :beli

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

shosta

« Reply #23137 on: August 19, 2018, 10:49:57 AM »
I wish William Saffire was still alive. He'd be having a field day with the obfuscations and euphemisms.
每天生气

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23138 on: August 19, 2018, 10:50:19 AM »
To be fair it seems pretty plain what he was trying to mean by "Truth isn't truth" (Rashomon, etc...). It's insane he's so bad at this though.
The big thing is that he is not even denying the meeting was to gather dirt on Clinton.
ὕβρις

agrajag

« Reply #23139 on: August 19, 2018, 01:01:34 PM »
Yeah, it's called opposition research, or as some people call it "OPPO DROPPO"

shosta

« Reply #23140 on: August 19, 2018, 01:46:34 PM »
I think Giuliani has a good point about Trump being caught in a perjury trap. Last year a buddy of mine had some bad luck and ended up in a grand theft auto trap and minor kidnapping trap, didn't have trap insurance, and wound up doing time in a county penitentiary. You never know where these traps might be lying around so it's always good to be careful. Precautionary principle and all that.
每天生气

agrajag

« Reply #23141 on: August 19, 2018, 01:50:34 PM »
Did Shosta take his L yet on the Russia collusion thing?

shosta

« Reply #23142 on: August 19, 2018, 01:51:20 PM »
I will ram my cock so far up your ass you'll be screaming "Urineberg Trials"
每天生气

agrajag

« Reply #23143 on: August 19, 2018, 01:51:47 PM »
that little thing?

shosta

« Reply #23144 on: August 19, 2018, 01:52:38 PM »
I'm a grower, not a shower :goty
每天生气

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #23145 on: August 19, 2018, 02:14:55 PM »
Rudy is claiming the woman was just some Russian chick...as if she wasn't literally a Russian agent (Natalia Veselnitskaya).

The way they lie is amazing. Deny everything, then deny some of it, then say it happened but not like everyone says, then say it happened but who cares, etc.

kingv

« Reply #23146 on: August 19, 2018, 03:11:58 PM »
I think Giuliani has a good point about Trump being caught in a perjury trap. Last year a buddy of mine had some bad luck and ended up in a grand theft auto trap and minor kidnapping trap, didn't have trap insurance, and wound up doing time in a county penitentiary. You never know where these traps might be lying around so it's always good to be careful. Precautionary principle and all that.

It is remarkable spin. And it’s remarkable how much of the political establishment just lets it go by.

Like they are admitting that he can’t go under oath because he’ll lie, and then calling it a trap. It’s insane. America has always been far Shittier than we ever knew and it’s people far stupider.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #23147 on: August 19, 2018, 03:32:57 PM »

It is remarkable spin. And it’s remarkable how much of the political establishment just lets it go by.

Like they are admitting that he can’t go under oath because he’ll lie, and then calling it a trap. It’s insane. America has always been far Shittier than we ever knew and it’s people far stupider.
What Rudy is 'trying' to say is that Comey might've said that Trump knew about the meeting and Trump says he didn't know about the meeting.
So if Trump testifies and says that he didn't know about the meeting and Mueller sticks with Comey's narrative that means that he's 'lying'.
And although Mueller can't take into account 'past conduct' (i.e. Trump's history of 'alternative facts') as Rudy calls it he can just guess which account Mueller is going to believe (Comey).
What is not clear is how Comey got involved into this business about the meeting. As Trump and Comey never came face to face until after the campaign and I might be wrong but I don't recall Comey ever commenting on this meeting.

However at this point it is quite clear that Trump would've known about a meeting in his own tower about this own campaign.
He could've just said that he knew about the meeting in a broad sense but didn't know what it was about as he didn't attend it himself.
Yet by saying Trump didn't know about the meeting at all they've made everything far more complicated.
🤴

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #23148 on: August 19, 2018, 03:40:11 PM »
We're also seeing the uselessness of US media. Most of these people are pundits, not journalists - and frankly many of the journalists might as well be pundits. They're more interested in image, aesthetic, mythology, etc than anything that involves details or facts. They would rather walk into a diner in bumblefuck Ohio and talk to a random white man to learn about the country...than read a policy paper or demographic breakdown.

So Rudy gets to go on multiple shows and make wild claims without fear of pushback. Today he says the meeting was to get dirt on Clinton, but the dirt wasn't provided so it doesn't matter; oh and by the way, Trump didn't know about it. The obvious followup question should be: but intent to commit a crime is still a crime, no? If I conspire the commit a crime and take some (but not all) steps to commit a crime...I'm guilty of conspiracy. Taking the meeting was a crime. Promising policy shifts or rewards in exchange for foreign help is a crime. This...isn't hard.

A large batch of email dumps came after the meeting, and even more came after the "grab her by the pussy" tape came out. Does anyone honestly think some dumbass (Don Jr, Kushner, etc) on the campaign didn't ensure that happened? That's a crime.

agrajag

« Reply #23149 on: August 19, 2018, 03:55:52 PM »
Well, you see your honor, I attempted to murder this guy but I didn't succeed, no crime committed!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #23150 on: August 19, 2018, 05:12:47 PM »
We're also seeing the uselessness of US media. Most of these people are pundits, not journalists - and frankly many of the journalists might as well be pundits. They're more interested in image, aesthetic, mythology, etc than anything that involves details or facts. They would rather walk into a diner in bumblefuck Ohio and talk to a random white man to learn about the country...than read a policy paper or demographic breakdown.

So Rudy gets to go on multiple shows and make wild claims without fear of pushback. Today he says the meeting was to get dirt on Clinton, but the dirt wasn't provided so it doesn't matter; oh and by the way, Trump didn't know about it. The obvious followup question should be: but intent to commit a crime is still a crime, no? If I conspire the commit a crime and take some (but not all) steps to commit a crime...I'm guilty of conspiracy. Taking the meeting was a crime. Promising policy shifts or rewards in exchange for foreign help is a crime. This...isn't hard.

A large batch of email dumps came after the meeting, and even more came after the "grab her by the pussy" tape came out. Does anyone honestly think some dumbass (Don Jr, Kushner, etc) on the campaign didn't ensure that happened? That's a crime.
Someone pointed out on Twitter that October 7th was the day it all came off the rails:

- The Russian interference report was released.
- The Access Hollywood tape came out.
- Wikileaks starts leaking Hillary's emails.

Responding to Michael Hayden who said that he certainly warned the American public about the Russian interference while everyone is now saying that they didn't.
However, their report drowned in the Access Hollywood tape and e-mail coverage. Everyone assumed then that Wikileaks/Roger Stone dropped the Hillary e-mails to drive attention away from the Access Hollywood tape.
But what if Wikileaks goal was not to drown that story but the Russian interference report?
🤴

shosta

« Reply #23151 on: August 19, 2018, 05:26:02 PM »
ok what's the story so far, then? Who did what, what do we know, and what do we not know?
stankakovich is my long lost twin confirmed
you are hereby put on IGNORE :maf
每天生气

agrajag

« Reply #23152 on: August 19, 2018, 05:30:43 PM »
ok what's the story so far, then? Who did what, what do we know, and what do we not know?
stankakovich is my long lost twin confirmed
you are hereby put on IGNORE :maf

So uh, Rudy was on TV again

https://twitter.com/MeetThePress/status/1031177883547574279

https://twitter.com/MeetThePress/status/1031182464809689088

shosta

« Reply #23153 on: August 19, 2018, 05:33:14 PM »
I'm not talking about Giuliani's embarrassing tv appearances. I'm asking what is the collusion plot from the Kremlin, to Papadopoulos' involvement, to the Trump Tower meeting, to the material consequences and actions taken thereafter.
每天生气

agrajag

« Reply #23154 on: August 19, 2018, 05:35:06 PM »
Meeting with Russians to get dirt on Hillary is collusion, numbnuts

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #23155 on: August 19, 2018, 06:11:49 PM »
I wish William Saffire was still alive

:hhh

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #23156 on: August 19, 2018, 07:09:39 PM »
Michael Cohen apparently ran Taxi businesses, loans, tax fraud etc.
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1031314215641014272

The business plan for all these people seems to have been:

1. Work for Trump
2. Commit banking and tax fraud on the side
3. ???
4. Profit
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #23157 on: August 19, 2018, 07:11:57 PM »

And even more than any of that meaningless crap, nobody seems to care that nobody is pointing out the fact that neither Barack or Michelle Obama nor Bill Clinton nor Anita Sarkeesian have yet to testify under oath at all about their actions during the 2016 presidential campaign. Even Sean Hannity is still on about Hillary Clinton's e-mails and never once has demanded to know what the President knew and when did he know it when he was overseeing the Russian's placing of ads on Facebook that caused Hillary voters to switch to Trump. QAnon is obsessed with pedophiles instead of the fact that Barack Obama told the President of Russia he could be more flexible after his re-election and then just happened to not prevent the Russians from defeating his old nemesis Hillary with twitter spam bots that caused Democratic voters to not vote.

And despite all of this, Lou Dobbs only cares about demanding Paul Ryan resign for Gym Jordan rather than simply retire in a few months like planned. If Lou can't protect me from the Business Round Table, Chamber of Commerce, Koch Bros., George Soros, Dimm Globalist Agenda, than all I've got is TUCKER!

benjipwns

« Reply #23158 on: August 19, 2018, 07:13:45 PM »
Michael Cohen apparently ran Taxi businesses, loans, tax fraud etc.
But federal investigators appear to be especially focused on his work as an investor in taxi medallions, the permits that drivers need to legally operator yellow cabs in New York City.
This is a common long time racket in NYC, I'd be surprised if someone of his character class wasn't involved in taxi medallions.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #23159 on: August 19, 2018, 07:21:56 PM »
I wish William Saffire was still alive. He'd be having a field day with the obfuscations and euphemisms.

What's with you treating these dead Iraq War stans like they were all Diogenes?