Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5393596 times)

Boredfrom

Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| America: A Yum! Brands affiliate
« Reply #31980 on: February 25, 2019, 03:22:06 PM »
I’m pretty sure is a really old racial stereotype, though.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #31981 on: February 25, 2019, 03:23:08 PM »
i mean he mentions they are wearing glasses... make fun of how much of a fucking goofy moron he is but stretching that to racism is just going to get the GOP victim complex machine rolling.

I just thought we were laughing at it because he looks like a moron.
©@©™

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #31982 on: February 25, 2019, 03:27:29 PM »
"staight out of central casting" means they looked very much like a stereotype, basically looked like what you'd expect a chinese bureaucrat to look

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31983 on: February 25, 2019, 03:31:05 PM »
Please someone think of the *checks notes* Chinese Communist Party bureaucrats  :uguu
🤴

Boredfrom

« Reply #31985 on: February 25, 2019, 03:43:49 PM »
Please someone think of the *checks notes* Chinese Communist Party bureaucrats  :uguu

:dayum

That was your worst hot take in a while.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31986 on: February 25, 2019, 05:10:56 PM »
"staight out of central casting" means they looked very much like a stereotype, basically looked like what you'd expect a chinese bureaucrat to look

Japanese with buck teeth, squinty eyes, and small round glasses was a pretty common propaganda image during WW2. Of course, that was Japanese people, not Chinese people, but I doubt our racist uncle President know or cares about the difference.
dog

agrajag

« Reply #31987 on: February 25, 2019, 06:15:22 PM »

Oh yeah. Next time he sits down with Israeli diplomats, I hope he lampoons them with crooked-nose, shekel-counting Jew stereotype.

:derp

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31988 on: February 25, 2019, 06:23:15 PM »

Oh yeah. Next time he sits down with Israeli diplomats, I hope he lampoons them with crooked-nose, shekel-counting Jew stereotype.

What makes you think he hasn't already done that.  :thinking
🤴

kingv

« Reply #31989 on: February 25, 2019, 06:38:30 PM »
LMAO the salty clintonites are coming for Bernard

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/25/bernie-sanders-hillary-clinton-private-jet-flights-1182793
“I’m not shocked that while thousands of volunteers braved the heat and cold to knock on doors until their fingers bled in a desperate effort to stop Donald Trump, his Royal Majesty King Bernie Sanders would only deign to leave his plush D.C. office or his brand new second home on the lake if he was flown around on a cushy private jet like a billionaire master of the universe,” said Zac Petkanas, who was the director of rapid response for the Clinton campaign.

:lol

Same article talks about how he did 18 campaign stops in 9 days in 9 states during one of those trips. Anyone who has ever traveled in the us can tell you that that is virtually impossible to do flying commercial.

kingv

« Reply #31990 on: February 25, 2019, 06:40:36 PM »

What makes you think he hasn't already done that.  :thinking

“It turns out my lawyer... my Jew lawyer....the Jews love me by the way, I gave them a new embassy. Was crooked.

It’s like something out of a movie!”

:trumps

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31991 on: February 25, 2019, 06:51:56 PM »

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/25/bernie-sanders-hillary-clinton-private-jet-flights-1182793
“I’m not shocked that while thousands of volunteers braved the heat and cold to knock on doors until their fingers bled in a desperate effort to stop Donald Trump, his Royal Majesty King Bernie Sanders would only deign to leave his plush D.C. office or his brand new second home on the lake if he was flown around on a cushy private jet like a billionaire master of the universe,” said Zac Petkanas, who was the director of rapid response for the Clinton campaign.

Same article talks about how he did 18 campaign stops in 9 days in 9 states during one of those trips. Anyone who has ever traveled in the us can tell you that that is virtually impossible to do flying commercial.
And that's why the CLINTON TEAM didn't know that  :rimshot
🤴

Nola

« Reply #31992 on: February 25, 2019, 07:57:33 PM »

Welcome to being a front runner Bernie!

Seriously though, given the make up of the Republican party the ridiculousness is going to reach new levels this season. Frankly, the whole, "You want to reduce inequality and you have lots of money/you want to combat climate change and you pollute" is pretty standard dumb conservative stuff. It reminds me of when Republicans started hyperventilating over Gore's energy bills because they thought it owned the libs.

Like, I'll take the guy that votes on those policies and doesn't live his philosophy to the hard line of his rhetoric over the guy that lives like an asshole and also votes and governs like one.

Boredfrom

« Reply #31993 on: February 25, 2019, 08:13:42 PM »
I don’t think pointing that both are terrible is a bad thing...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 06:43:52 AM by Boredfrom »

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #31995 on: February 26, 2019, 07:36:03 AM »
bom bom
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

Occam

« Reply #31997 on: February 26, 2019, 10:38:45 AM »
You can't make this up. I think the word moron is inadequate to describe Trump.

agrajag

« Reply #31998 on: February 26, 2019, 10:43:35 AM »
he is profoundly dumb

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #31999 on: February 26, 2019, 11:28:52 AM »

Idiots.—Those so defective that the mental development never exceeds that or a normal child of about two years.
Imbeciles.—Those whose development is higher than that of an idiot, but whose intelligence does not exceed that of a normal child of about seven years.
Morons.—Those whose mental development is above that of an imbecile, but does not exceed that of a normal child of about twelve years.

You are looking for imbecile.
:O

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #32000 on: February 26, 2019, 02:17:54 PM »
On the apprentice they would often reverse engineer the episodes because Trump's decision on who to fire when didn't make any sense.
This is kinda the same thing. Bob kinda explains it without telling Trump he's wrong but of course Trump doesn't pick up the hint and just sticks to his guns.

"Bob" if that even is his name now made Trump 'look bad' so he'll probably be fired.  :lol
🤴

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #32001 on: February 26, 2019, 05:16:32 PM »

agrajag and curly's proxy war must end before more people are hurt
每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

shosta

« Reply #32003 on: February 26, 2019, 05:34:08 PM »
witness tampering over a public medium
 :wow
每天生气

Himu

« Reply #32004 on: February 26, 2019, 07:12:33 PM »
today's daily summarized:

listen to a white man bitch about how so many Hollywood movies about race are written and directed by white people for 50 minutes. I could only last 30.
IYKYK

Tripon

« Reply #32005 on: February 26, 2019, 07:27:17 PM »

Nola

« Reply #32006 on: February 26, 2019, 11:05:46 PM »
today's daily summarized:

listen to a white man bitch about how so many Hollywood movies about race are written and directed by white people for 50 minutes. I could only last 30.

For reference, the white guy Cindi was talking about from The Daily

:P

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I mean he wasn't really wrong. Us white people love a story where a black guy with no real complex personal agency spends 90 minutes making us feel not so racist.

[close]

Boredfrom

« Reply #32007 on: February 26, 2019, 11:25:29 PM »
So you saw the film?  :doge

Nola

« Reply #32009 on: February 27, 2019, 12:10:52 AM »
So you saw the film?  :doge
The Green Book? Nah, but I can read a synopsis. I'm sure I'll catch it when it's cheap to rent.

It's probably a decent enough comedy on it's own. Still, the writer on the show wasn't wrong. Since the show was mostly about the way the Oscars have approached and confronted race issues in the past. Basically fawning over a certain strain of self-congratulatory racial reconciliation fantasy that uses a black person as a lower agency prop in service of a white protagonist's journey toward a sort of personal racial reconciliation attached to a delusional message about racial dynamics in America.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #32010 on: February 27, 2019, 12:29:56 AM »
The best defense of Hollywood is that they give the same bowdlerized, feel-good treatment to basically any controversial subject matter.

Also kind of funny that a lot of people adopted Blackkklansman as the counterpoint to Green Book. Especially in a year that had Sorry To Bother You and Blindspotting.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #32011 on: February 27, 2019, 12:49:32 AM »
Is the leaked Cohen statement actually useable in finding Trump guilty of illegal activity? everything outside of the Stormy Daniels stuff sounds unethical but still technically legal.

Nola

« Reply #32012 on: February 27, 2019, 12:52:26 AM »
The best defense of Hollywood is that they give the same bowdlerized, feel-good treatment to basically any controversial subject matter.

Also kind of funny that a lot of people adopted Blackkklansman as the counterpoint to Green Book. Especially in a year that had Sorry To Bother You and Blindspotting.

Thats true, but there is a pretty specific current that the Oscars in particular have carried with them in regard to how they confront race related issues. Be it Driving Ms. Daisy, Glory, The Help, Green Book, or Crash. It's feel-good treatment, but it's who that feel-good treatment is tailored to and how it manifests itself.

Though I suspect in all those cases it obviously has to do with the underlying dynamics within Hollywood and the Academy and who they have mostly perceived as their core audience(white people) and who makes up their voting block in the awards process(older white guys).

Though I agree with Blackkklansman, it was solid, but either of those films, and I would add Sweet Country to that list as well, were better films that played with a lot of the same themes. Though I think of it as being a counterpoint has less to do with merit(since no one of note really believes the Oscars are truly merit based) and more to do with the parallel between Do the Right Thing and Driving Miss Daisy and Blackkklansman and basically the Farrelly remake of the film.

shosta

« Reply #32013 on: February 27, 2019, 01:20:29 AM »
I just got around to reading Michael Cohen's testimony that he'll present tomorrow and I was touched by the sincerity. He made so many bad decisions and ended up having his life destroyed by someone who will never be held accountable for his own actions. That testimony is his last attempt at redemption.
每天生气

« Reply #32014 on: February 27, 2019, 05:45:02 AM »

Maybe he was just making a meta commentary on the state of America  :trumps

kingv

« Reply #32015 on: February 27, 2019, 07:50:21 AM »
Is the leaked Cohen statement actually useable in finding Trump guilty of illegal activity? everything outside of the Stormy Daniels stuff sounds unethical but still technically legal.

The straw buyer for the painting would also be illegal because he used a charity’s money to pay for it.

Also draft dodging is illegal.

Tripon

« Reply #32016 on: February 27, 2019, 08:48:27 AM »
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1100742127372386304

This is bold of a man who had 5 draft deferments to fight in the same country he's mocking another person to have never fought in.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #32017 on: February 27, 2019, 09:07:12 AM »
Fine AFAIK
©@©™

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #32018 on: February 27, 2019, 09:08:37 AM »
That Buzzfeed article and Mueller's response makes a lot more sense now.

"We don't have business in Russia"

"How's it going in Russia?"
___

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #32020 on: February 27, 2019, 09:50:06 AM »
Republican leadership must have come down on him pretty hard to get him to publicly apologize to Pelosi.
dog

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #32021 on: February 27, 2019, 09:59:29 AM »
Cohen, trusted enough to be trumps personal lawyer and deputy finance chairman for the rnc is now a liar because he got popped and is singing.  :lol
©ZH

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

agrajag

« Reply #32023 on: February 27, 2019, 10:33:03 AM »
that dude should be in some legal hot water for the tweet tbh, but I know that's asking for too much

Occam

« Reply #32024 on: February 27, 2019, 10:56:44 AM »

Idiots.—Those so defective that the mental development never exceeds that or a normal child of about two years.
Imbeciles.—Those whose development is higher than that of an idiot, but whose intelligence does not exceed that of a normal child of about seven years.
Morons.—Those whose mental development is above that of an imbecile, but does not exceed that of a normal child of about twelve years.

You are looking for imbecile.

Thanks, I had no idea that (at least from a historical/scientific perspective) idiot is the strongest term. I found this:
"Specifically, those who have an IQ between 0 and 25 are idiots; IQs between 26 and 50 are considered imbeciles; and those who have an IQ between 51 and 70 are considered morons."

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2010/03/the-words-moron-imbecile-and-idiot-mean-different-things/

It's too bad that most likely Trump's IQ will never be tested, I think there's a pretty good chance it's indeed way below 100 at this point. His slide into dementia seems to be accelerating.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 11:06:46 AM by Occam »

agrajag

« Reply #32025 on: February 27, 2019, 12:11:16 PM »
Yo, Cohen snapping back at GOP congressmen

:gladbron

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #32026 on: February 27, 2019, 12:22:23 PM »
Cohen bodied a bunch of these old white dudes. Cant wait for the super cut of them slamming down single white pages of absolutely nothing.
:9

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #32027 on: February 27, 2019, 12:25:30 PM »
Yeah, but he's a LIAR, and we all value the truth so highly, that's why Donald Trump is president.
©@©™

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #32028 on: February 27, 2019, 12:27:16 PM »
jesus christ, fuck the GOP

also lord, neogaf truly is an alt-right hell hole
püp

agrajag

« Reply #32029 on: February 27, 2019, 12:28:46 PM »
Gym Jordan is a truly punchable douche

agrajag

« Reply #32030 on: February 27, 2019, 12:33:02 PM »
Hahahahahaha holy fuck, Cohen just dragged the fuck out of and cucked Gym Jordan.

There is nothing more priceless than the look of impotent frustration on GOP congressmen when the committee chairman says "your time is up," like they have been doing for the past two years.

:lawd

agrajag

« Reply #32031 on: February 27, 2019, 12:44:08 PM »
Lol this guy is a moron

Moron: why are there boxes of evidence sitting in your garage and why didn't you turn them over by the investigators?  :maf

Cohen: Those are boxes that were returned to me

Moron: why didn't Lani Davis alert the investigators about these boxes?  :maf

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #32032 on: February 27, 2019, 12:58:37 PM »
If only the evidence had been about sexual assaults, then he could have just ignored it.
©@©™

agrajag

« Reply #32033 on: February 27, 2019, 01:01:09 PM »
 :drudge

there is a guy sitting behind Cohen with a giant melon head and no neck.

Also

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1100623527399575552

benji annihilated

agrajag

« Reply #32034 on: February 27, 2019, 01:17:27 PM »
wow Amash was the only GOPer not being a piece of shit playing interference for Trump

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #32035 on: February 27, 2019, 01:29:32 PM »
Has anyone ever noticed that Jennifer Rubin pronounces things weird? I just heard her say "rooned" (ruined) and "heenous" (heinous).

Pretending to be british I guess.

shosta

« Reply #32036 on: February 27, 2019, 01:32:02 PM »
每天生气

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #32037 on: February 27, 2019, 01:33:27 PM »
Boy the "you want a book deal and TV deal" is pretty much the entire strategy of the GOP.
rub

kingv

« Reply #32038 on: February 27, 2019, 01:34:16 PM »
This Higgins guy is an absolute moron. Boss Hogg looking ass.

agrajag

« Reply #32039 on: February 27, 2019, 01:34:30 PM »
this idiot is at it again with boxes  :lol