Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5448061 times)

agrajag

Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| Thanos/Hitler had some good ideas...
« Reply #36000 on: June 06, 2019, 06:53:55 PM »
Why do I get the feeling that whatever Newt Gingrich considers "self-empowerment" is horrific :holeup

have you heard about the wonders of handheld computers and McDonald mobile ordering technology?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #36001 on: June 06, 2019, 06:56:29 PM »
It's a dramatic change from his Park Avenue lifestyle. Before, Cohen frequented fine restaurants, held court at the Regency Hotel, and once took pride in being Trump's fixer. Now, he's muddling through terrible meals and has become Mr Fix-It -- his job is working on the prison's heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, according to a source.

:trumps

Just sell the script when you get out Michael
🤴

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #36002 on: June 06, 2019, 06:59:23 PM »
I am the zodiac killer.

There's a Fossil Watch / old fossil joke to make here but I'm not going to make it.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #36005 on: June 06, 2019, 08:47:28 PM »
That is the story of so many of those motherfuckers, they're almost all failed hollywood wannabees.
Hi

Tripon

« Reply #36006 on: June 06, 2019, 08:48:58 PM »
Democratic presidential hopeful Joe Biden said Thursday he no longer supports the Hyde Amendment, just one day after reaffirming his decades-long support for the ban on federal funding for abortions.

Biden’s presidential campaign had said Wednesday that he still supported the controversial ban.

The news sparked intense blowback from members of his party, including fellow presidential hopefuls, who criticized Biden for reaffirming his stance amid a spate abortion restrictions passing state legislatures.

"If I believe health care is a right, as I do, I can no longer support an amendment that makes that right dependent on someone's zip code," he said at a Democratic National Convention gala in Atlanta.

Biden cited abortion restrictions recently passed by Republican governors for his change in position.

"I can't justify leaving millions of women without the access to care they need, and the ability to exercise their constitutionally protected right."

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/447392-biden-reverses-stance-on-hyde-amendment-after-blowback

:pika :whatsthedeal :science

Tasty

« Reply #36007 on: June 06, 2019, 11:17:39 PM »
Biden flip flopping so obviously can't be good for him right

Like I'm good with evolving views and stuff, but this is quite the stretch...

Trent Dole

« Reply #36008 on: June 06, 2019, 11:31:19 PM »
Biden doesn't even clear the 'not as bad as' bar. :trash
Hi

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #36009 on: June 07, 2019, 12:16:20 AM »

Taking cues from Master Gillibitch
:O

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #36010 on: June 07, 2019, 01:28:57 AM »
I was a 20 year old dude who liked watching Gingrich book tour events on C-Span in the mid 90's.
:dead newsfeed plz

Tripon

« Reply #36011 on: June 07, 2019, 08:27:06 AM »

Biden campaign released a statement saying he still supported the Hyde amendment 24 hours before he switched that he wouldn't anymore. That was after a old female activist asked him a detailed question if he still supported the Hyde amendment and he said no to wave her off.

The Biden campaign somehow tried to wave the whole thing off as some sort of sincerely held belief as a Catholic and couldn't.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #36012 on: June 07, 2019, 08:47:48 AM »
“If I believe health care is a right, as I do, I can no longer support an amendment that makes that right dependent on someone’s ZIP code,” Mr. Biden said.

Dude needs to go away

Occam

« Reply #36013 on: June 07, 2019, 09:32:18 AM »
It never ceases to amaze me how the Democrats keep underestimating the Republicans and expect them to act honorably and play by the rules.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #36014 on: June 07, 2019, 10:07:50 AM »
“Speaker Nancy Pelosi telling senior Democrats she would like to see Trump behind bars,” he said. “Based on no actual crime she wants to a political opponent locked up in prison? Um that happens in banana republics. Beyond despicable behavior.”

While Hannity may not have explicitly made calls for imprisoning Clinton, he fervently covered the investigation into her emails and has stood in support of Republican efforts to keep the Clinton probe alive.

:violin
©ZH

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #36015 on: June 07, 2019, 10:20:29 AM »
AOC is apparently the real speaker of the house.

:lol

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #36016 on: June 07, 2019, 10:59:20 AM »
Today in governance by Democrats

No tax increase for NJ millionaires, no $125 tax credit for anybody, top Democrat says

Murphy has tried to sweeten the pot by dangling a $125 credit to taxpayers if lawmakers support his proposal to raise rates on incomes over $1 million from 8.97 percent to 10.75 percent. But Democratic leaders — who repeatedly and unsuccessfully sought the millionaires tax under former Gov. Chris Christie — have said they no longer support the increase.

“I’m not doing it,’’ Senate President Stephen Sweeney said in an interview, shortly before he met with Murphy and Assembly Speaker Craig Coughlin in Trenton.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/new-jersey/2019/06/07/sweeney-no-nj-millionaires-tax-hike-no-125-tax-credit/1371643001/
:O

agrajag

« Reply #36017 on: June 07, 2019, 11:52:17 AM »
AOC is apparently the real speaker of the house.

:lol

Centrist dems: wE nEeD tO wOrK wItH rEpUbLiCaNs

Progressives: hold my beer

:patel

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #36018 on: June 07, 2019, 01:03:37 PM »
“Speaker Nancy Pelosi telling senior Democrats she would like to see Trump behind bars,” he said. “Based on no actual crime she wants to a political opponent locked up in prison? Um that happens in banana republics. Beyond despicable behavior.”

While Hannity may not have explicitly made calls for imprisoning Clinton, he fervently covered the investigation into her emails and has stood in support of Republican efforts to keep the Clinton probe alive.

No need to skate around this one.  :lol

🤴

Nola

« Reply #36019 on: June 07, 2019, 01:06:17 PM »

I know it's Hannity, but it is wild that people just forget when talking about Trump, that Trump was already named as an unindicted co-conspirator in a felony.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #36020 on: June 07, 2019, 01:24:11 PM »
It would be bad optics if
- Nixon did not go to jail for Watergate
- Reagan did not go to jail for Iran-Contra
- Bush did not go to jail for Iraq

But Trump went to jail because he was trying real hard not get elected.
🤴

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #36022 on: June 07, 2019, 02:18:07 PM »
Some people made a comment on twitter that Trump tweeted that after watching a segment on Fox news. His tweet came about 50 minutes after the segment appeared.

This is our leader.

edit: Here's a tweet from just a few weeks ago:

May 13, 2019 - Under my Administration, we are restoring @NASA to greatness and we are going back to the Moon, then Mars.  I am updating my budget to include an additional $1.6 billion so that we can return to Space in a BIG WAY!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 02:24:14 PM by ToxicAdam »

agrajag

« Reply #36023 on: June 07, 2019, 02:20:43 PM »
he needs to appoint Brianna Wu as the head of the moon (mars) rocks research special commission.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #36025 on: June 07, 2019, 03:04:09 PM »
You, foolish: Look at this dumb president saying the Moon is part of Mars.

Me, wise: Look at this dumb president saying Mars only has one moon.

Trent Dole

« Reply #36026 on: June 07, 2019, 03:06:52 PM »
Hi

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #36027 on: June 07, 2019, 03:41:09 PM »
just build a mars base lol
©@©™

Nola

« Reply #36028 on: June 07, 2019, 03:57:51 PM »
Some people made a comment on twitter that Trump tweeted that after watching a segment on Fox news. His tweet came about 50 minutes after the segment appeared.

This is our leader.

edit: Here's a tweet from just a few weeks ago:

May 13, 2019 - Under my Administration, we are restoring @NASA to greatness and we are going back to the Moon, then Mars.  I am updating my budget to include an additional $1.6 billion so that we can return to Space in a BIG WAY!

Yeah, this should be pretty well known at this point.

Most of his morning tweets(and for that matter most of his afternoon tweets) are simply him live-blogging his reactions to what he is watching on Fox.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #36029 on: June 07, 2019, 04:27:10 PM »
Mueller Report eventually turns into: Most of this shit is shady as fuck, but technically not illegal due to outdated laws written before emails were a thing, or everyone Trump surrounded himself with happened to be people who loved doing illegal shit and we can't say for sure Trump directed them to do so but they all knew what they were doing was shady as shit and went to lengths to cover their actions up, which Trump did know about and contributed to, which is illegal but I can't do shit about it due to the laws being the way they are. There's a long section going over previous cases which allow all these people to not be charged with anything on technicalities OR because so many in the Trump organisation were deemed too stupid to know what the fuck they were or weren't doing.

:rage

Daniel Gelbinovich, a campaign worker for Trump Organization Inc. Chief Executive

Trump scammed his own campaign. Now THAT is dedication to your craft.
🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #36030 on: June 07, 2019, 04:33:54 PM »
I'm still amazed that ignorance of the law is exceptionally accepted as an excuse for some political campaign regulations.
ὕβρις

Nola

« Reply #36031 on: June 07, 2019, 04:35:20 PM »
Mueller Report eventually turns into: Most of this shit is shady as fuck, but technically not illegal due to outdated laws written before emails were a thing, or everyone Trump surrounded himself with happened to be people who loved doing illegal shit and we can't say for sure Trump directed them to do so but they all knew what they were doing was shady as shit and went to lengths to cover their actions up, which Trump did know about and contributed to, which is illegal but I can't do shit about it due to the laws being the way they are. There's a long section going over previous cases which allow all these people to not be charged with anything on technicalities OR because so many in the Trump organisation were deemed too stupid to know what the fuck they were or weren't doing.

:rage

Probably not the best analogy, but the conspiracy side kind of reads like a technical legal version of the Lost/GoT series arc. All these story threads built up and the third act reveal is either not there, or it is garbage.

So what's the deal with this indebted, shady alligator skin wearing political hatchet man running this corrupt long-shot campaign doing handing over all this internal polling data to a Russian agent who's country is engaging in a sophisticated disinformation campaign to get his client elected? In the context of the two countries(one that suddenly gained a surprising level of sophistication in short order) having strikingly similar digital campaigns? IDK, there was some likely witness tampering, which we can't prosecute, so we just sort of dropped the storyline out of not having anywhere to take it.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #36033 on: June 07, 2019, 08:37:13 PM »
presidential powers took over

sad

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #36034 on: June 07, 2019, 08:39:12 PM »
This script is just so wild
CLICK the image. READ the page. It says that Blumenthal was trying to obtain a contract with the coalition government in Libya to help them obtain funds expatriated by Gaddafi, his family, and his closest allies. It says that they couldn't do that unless they had access to how the State Department found these hidden assets overseas.

The caption on the tweet is a boldfaced lie and either a deliberate or simply brain-damaged misreading of the report.
每天生气

Tripon

agrajag

shosta

« Reply #36038 on: June 07, 2019, 09:11:31 PM »
"Pity poor Mexico, so far from God and so close to the United States." - Carlos Salinas
每天生气

BisMarckie

« Reply #36039 on: June 07, 2019, 09:21:04 PM »
Pete looks like a guy whose dad will sue you if you don't vote for him.

BisMarckie

« Reply #36040 on: June 07, 2019, 09:26:48 PM »

Boredfrom

« Reply #36041 on: June 07, 2019, 09:47:07 PM »
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1137162754131976192

LOL AMLO is such a chicken shit scumbag.

"Pity poor Mexico, so far from God and so close to the United States." - Carlos Salinas

That quote is not from Carlos Salinas.

shosta

« Reply #36042 on: June 07, 2019, 10:24:48 PM »
Is that why you took away your like? You fucking indian giver. You backstabber. You two-timing piece of shit.
每天生气

curly

• cultural maoist

Boredfrom

« Reply #36044 on: June 07, 2019, 10:32:37 PM »
Is that why you took away your like? You fucking indian giver. You backstabber. You two-timing piece of shit.

Okay, I will give it back, I’m not coward but I want to avoid conflicts. Tariffs don’t resolve anything so I will write you a letter.

shosta

« Reply #36045 on: June 07, 2019, 10:49:06 PM »
Tariffs don’t resolve anything so I will write you a letter.
De manera específica, ciudadano Presidente: le propongo profundizar en el diálogo, buscar alternativas de fondo al problema migratorio y, por favor, recuerde que no me falta valor, que no soy cobarde ni timorato sino que actúo por principios: creo en la política que, entre otras cosas, se inventó para evitar la confrontació y la guerra.
This guy's a little bitch!! :lol
每天生气

Kara

« Reply #36046 on: June 07, 2019, 11:12:00 PM »

Heh, good misattribution.

Cauliflower Of Love

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #36049 on: June 08, 2019, 01:17:45 AM »
http://mainebeacon.com/new-state-ballad-honors-20th-maine-despite-pro-confederate-objections/
With Governor Janet Mills’ signature today, the “The Ballad of the 20th Maine” became Maine’s official state ballad.

The stirring anthem recorded and performed by the band The Ghost of Paul Revere tells the story of the 20th Maine Volunteer Infantry Regiment, which fought for the Union Army under General Joshua Chamberlain in the American Civil War. The regiment is best known for its brave defense of Little Round Top at the Battle of Gettysburg on July 2, 1863.

two Republicans raised objections that the song’s unabashedly pro-Union message may be unfair to the South.

“I find it a little bit, we are united states, we are not Union, we are united states. And I find it just a little bit – I won’t say offensive but that’s what I mean – to say that we’re any better than the South was,” said Rep. Frances Head (R-Bethel) during a May 1st public hearing on the bill.

“I am a lover of history and especially a lover of the civil war period and regardless of what side people fought on, they were fighting for something they truly believed in,” said Rep. Roger Reed (R-Carmel), who specifically praised Confederate General Robert E. Lee. “Many of them were great Christian men on both sides. They fought hard and they were fighting for states’ rights as they saw them.”
lol

Paul Vaccaro
Tom you need a history lesson. I give you a clue to what the war of Northern aggression was about. Crittenden Resolution and Corwin Johnson amendment. Its the norths dirty little secret. The states already seceded from the union, before the war started a Union controlled Congress under President Buchanan and lobbied by Abraham Lincoln the original 13th amendment (Corwin Johnson amendment) So why fight for slavery if it was protected , why fight for something that was not going away. Why fight for slavery when the union was handing it to you on a silver platter. Oh those pesky facts they dont teach in school.
:american

Tom Quinn
Actually, no. I had not a moment of public education. (Although my step/kids did, and went on to degrees (including doctorates) from Harvard, Cornell, Barnard, Penn, NYU, Princeton, Duke and elsewhere.) I had 20 years of formal education, though. And you? It looks to me like you managed to graduate high school then taught electrical something at a state school. Are you seriously deciding to insult my education, of which you know nothing? Dipshit.
:badass

Mark K Goody
Confederates were traders. And as traders they should have been hung until death. Of course these low-,life's were fighting for the right to own slaves. In every Confederate states declaration of succession they mention the right to own slaves. They used this same argument of state's rights to enforce Jim Crow laws for 100 years after the Civil War ended.
:teehee

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #36050 on: June 08, 2019, 02:01:26 AM »
Trader Joe annihilated
©@©™

Kara

« Reply #36051 on: June 08, 2019, 02:21:19 AM »
Trader Joe's is a foreign controlled corporation. :hitler

spoiler (click to show/hide)
The emote is funny cuz Aldi was started by a Nazi.
[close]

shosta

« Reply #36052 on: June 08, 2019, 02:45:21 AM »
Uhh, old, but, Pelosi wants Trump in prison now? Did he call her something nasty on the phone or something?
每天生气

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #36053 on: June 08, 2019, 04:14:18 AM »
Uhh, old, but, Pelosi wants Trump in prison now? Did he call her something nasty on the phone or something?

I don't know about Trump but some Dem voters probably were nasty with her.

Trader Joe's is a foreign controlled corporation. :hitler

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

2008 - Joe the Plumber
2020 - Joe the Trader
ὕβρις

agrajag

« Reply #36054 on: June 08, 2019, 04:25:43 AM »

she's also going around saying that if they don't vote to remove him in the Senate then he cannot be criminally indicted as a private citizen once he is out of office. That's not how that works, Nasty Nancy.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #36055 on: June 08, 2019, 04:29:57 AM »
to be fair, it's not her job to know how the law works

Occam

« Reply #36056 on: June 08, 2019, 07:57:17 AM »

No it wasn't. There is zero evidence the Albrecht brothers were Nazis.
They came from a conservative catholic family. If they had been members of the Nazi party or the SS, this information would be public knowledge. Simply being alive in Germany during the 1930s did not make you a Nazi.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #36057 on: June 08, 2019, 08:09:04 AM »
Maybe the real Nazi's were the people we voted for along the way.
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Kara

« Reply #36059 on: June 08, 2019, 10:01:54 AM »

No it wasn't. There is zero evidence the Albrecht brothers were Nazis.
They came from a conservative catholic family. If they had been members of the Nazi party or the SS, this information would be public knowledge. Simply being alive in Germany during the 1930s did not make you a Nazi.

One of them fought in the Nazi army but I'm sure you're going to give us a delightful spiel about that not meaning anything or, even better, a tedious taxonomic claim that only Nazi Party members could be Nazis.