Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5453181 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
What a difference a decade makes

2009 vs 2019
🤴

curly

• cultural maoist
I've seen some people on twitter like Tom Nichols argue Harris has opened the door for Biden to attack her racial record as a prosecutor...but after watching that debate does anyone honestly believe Biden can competently pull that off?

Not happening, but not because he can't pull it off I just don't think he can incorporate this into his platform.

Coming at institutions goes against the entire theme of his campaign imo.

I agree but it is kinda interesting that he went to the "I was a public defender not a prosecutor" line

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

Beto's a goddamn vampire.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
this idiot should have run for Senate.
每天生气

curly

• cultural maoist
Beto is Renly

Tripon

So the guy is a right wing conservative troll that went on the same trip as Laura Loomer and Jacob Wohl to try to prove that Ilhan Omar married her brother. And now he's being quoted on Face the Nation.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
Is Trump going to do to the Republic of Korea what Nixon did to the Republic of China? :whew

People's Korea coming back into the fold. :aah

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/03/politics/trump-cabinet-meeting-afghanistan-soviet-union/index.html

:lol

But Trump's assertion that Russia was "right to be there" conflicts with the fact that the US strongly opposed the invasion and supported the guerilla insurgency that ultimately forced the Soviets to leave in 1988.

His claim that the incursion was a response to "terrorists going into Russia" also diverges with what the US believed, that it was part of the Soviet effort to spread communism.

come get ya cultural turners, jakefromstatefarm

e: framing this article and going social imperialism was right to all my friends and comrades

shosta

So the guy is a right wing conservative troll that went on the same trip as Laura Loomer and Jacob Wohl to try to prove that Ilhan Omar married her brother. And now he's being quoted on Face the Nation.
I believe he's also related to a major politician
每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
#unwantedivanka

The left really can't meme

🤴

shosta

His claim that the incursion was a response to "terrorists going into Russia" also diverges with what the US believed, that it was part of the Soviet effort to spread communism.
that's not what the US believed ::)

In 1998, in an interview with the Parisian publication Le Novel Observateur, Zbigniew Brzezinski, adviser to President Carter, admitted that he had been responsible for instigating aid to the Mujahadeen in Afghanistan which caused the Soviets to invade. In his own words:

According to the official version of history, CIA aid to the Mujahadeen began during 1980, that is to say, after the Soviet army invaded Afghanistan on 24 December 1979. But the reality, secretly guarded until now, is completely otherwise. Indeed, it was July 3, 1979 that President Carter signed the first directive for secret aid to the opponents of the pro-Soviet regime in Kabul. And that very day, I wrote a note to the President in which I explained to him that in my opinion this aid was going to induce a Soviet military intervention. (5,1,6)

Brzezinski justified laying this trap, since he said it gave the Soviet Union its Vietnam and caused the breakup of the Soviet Union. “Regret what?” he said. “That secret operation was an excellent idea. It had the effect of drawing the Russians into the Afghan trap and you want me to regret it?” (7)

The CIA spent 5 to 6 billion dollars on its operation in Afghanistan in order to bleed the Soviet Union. (1,2,3) When that 10-year war ended over a million people were dead and Afghan heroin had captured 60% of the U.S. market. (4)
每天生气

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Eh on one hand sure he could have run for senate instead. On the other hand, if he was going to run for president he should have put some actual thought into it. On paper he seems to have a lot of the attributes you'd mark as "presidential" - tall, handsome white guy with a somewhat commanding voice. And he also clearly studied from Obama's Greatest Hits. But upon greater examination you realize he was just poorly swagger jacking one of the GOATs, like...well....

:beli

Like Marco Rubio or Cory Booker, there's just not anything...there, man. And I get the impression his team thought that wouldn't matter but now breh is hovering around 2% and speaking in tongues at debates. Obama had quite a few policy statements when he first ran. He also separated himself from the crowd by constantly taking an almost cynical, almost arrogant "I see through this bullshit" mentality. He was running against the politics of old, and loved lining up opponents and the media for criticism (fair or unfair) while portraying himself as the last real nicca alive. What does Beto do? He looks timid and hesitant, even when defending himself. Dude just comes off soft and unwilling to fight. Obama wasn't all "hope and change" in the debates...he had no issue with knocking Hillary. He was aggressive when he needed to be. He had no issue with talking over Hillary or directly attacking other senators on the stage for their Iraq votes.

Beto could have done all this. He could have positioned himself as a guy who left Washington DC to listen directly to America and carry their message to the steps of DC blah blah blah. Instead my guy is just out here reading off Chinese fortune cookie platitudes.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
Beto could have done all this. He could have positioned himself as a guy who left Washington DC to listen directly to America and carry their message to the steps of DC blah blah blah. Instead my guy is just out here reading off Chinese fortune cookie platitudes.

You're talking about someone whose daddy funded a campaign that relied on Republican voters pretending to be Democrats.

Fair play to him for getting a cop out of the House, but he doesn't possess any particular nous. He's just a hot white guy who doesn't understand that shoes are unsanitary.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1145444789070041091

LMAO North Korea is slowly turning into Fox News 2.0  :lol
🤴

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
I seem to recall Rudy Giuliani, Hillary Clinton, Jeb Bush, and a variety of other failures leading early primary fights long before a single vote had been cast in large part due to name ID. Biden is not going to be the nominee. Being the early front runner is hard...even moreso when you technically aren't campaigning, can't perform decently at debates, and haven't had a single positive news cycle since you entered the race.

The striking thing to me is that Biden (rightfully) criticized Hillary's general election campaign yet is running a far worse primary campaign than her.  Hillary was pretty active during the primaries and actually campaigned...whereas Biden is constantly hiding or doing nothing. I'm not sure whether this is hubris or the product of him simply being too old to actually campaign/debate/do anything. Maybe both?

Biden filled his staff with black people but the general impression I'm getting is that he not only doesn't listen to them, he must downright loath them; probably mocks them behind their backs. He's the smartest guy in the room and understands Real America so he doesn't need advice. Meanwhile...he's dropping in every poll and I can't even imagine him stumbling into a good moment right now. I really don't know why he's running man.

Oh, I know, babe. That doesn't mean I can't be worried that the Dems will fall back into their old tricks again.

team filler

• filler
  • filler

shosta

James Clapper, the former Director of National Intelligence, also dismissed the claim during a television interview Sunday. “I don’t know where he’s getting that,” Clapper said. “In all the deliberations that I participated in on North Korea during the Obama administration, I can recall no instance whatever where President Obama ever indicated any interest whatsoever in meeting with Chairman Kim,” Clapper said on CNN’s State of the Union. “That’s news to me.”
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Kara

James Clapper, the former Director of National Intelligence, also dismissed the claim during a television interview Sunday. “I don’t know where he’s getting that,” Clapper said. “In all the deliberations that I participated in on North Korea during the Obama administration, I can recall no instance whatever where President Obama ever indicated any interest whatsoever in meeting with Chairman Kim,” Clapper said on CNN’s State of the Union. “That’s news to me.”

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
"The press just keeps giving air time to Trump"  :brazilcry

"I know, we need to troll him or even better his family"  :stop

"Let's Photoshop pictures of Ivanka participating in historic world events"  :rage

"CHECKMATE TRUMP!"  :esports
🤴

Tripon

I'm really curious at the thought process Nintex goes though daily. It's so alien to my own.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
I'm really curious at the thought process Nintex goes though daily. It's so alien to my own.
A mix between The Big Lebowski, Scarface, Blade Runner and the Matrix.
🤴

Tripon

How does that apply with writing fanfiction?

Mandark

• Icon

giving me the most acute sense of secondhand embarrassment I've felt in a while

agrajag

this moment seems ripe for one of those expectation vs reality memes

shosta

每天生气

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.

Admit it, you put Fight Club in there at first didn't you
___

Mandark

• Icon
kicking himself for leaving off Boondock Saints
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 07:09:33 PM by Mandark »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Also Home Alone and Lord of the Rings.  8)
🤴

agrajag

So you're a coke-addicted, trench coat wearing hobbit in love with his sex doll, whose parents left him, and was kidnapped by Antifa?

:thinking

Kara

Y'all letting the basest troll troll you.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story

Blade Runner :holeup

Everything else  :lawd

shosta

Blade Runner :lawd

Everything else  :holeup
每天生气

jakefromstatefarm

I kinda like all 4 :goty

agrajag

seriously some  :snob with a dash of  :badass in here

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
Do you guys think MSNBC is actually silencing Yang or is it just a meme?

Regardless, this Twitter thread is hilarious:

https://twitter.com/scottsantens/status/1144725258118795270
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 09:57:28 PM by EightBitNate »

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race

Cauliflower Of Love

Do you guys think MSNBC is actually silencing Yang or is it just a meme?

Regardless, this Twitter thread is hilarious:

https://twitter.com/scottsantens/status/1144725258118795270

Sorry?

:confused

Kara

Kara

Scarface is p. bad tbh.

Cauliflower Of Love

Imagine trying to be the victim about race relations when you sell crystals for healing.

shosta

:o :o :o

spoiler (click to show/hide)
YANG GANG 2020 HAS BEEN RENEWED FOR A SECOND SEASON

[close]
每天生气

Cauliflower Of Love

Why does Jet Li have antlers?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
mariannewilliamson
Verified
‪The way pathology works in a group is no different than the way it works in a person. It doesn’t emerge from the conscious mind and sometimes the conscious mind doesn’t even see it. Whole groups of people unconsciously conspire in promulgating and acquiescing to dysfunctional patterns of thought. The pathological nature of our political system is that it’s basically a game of smoke and mirrors. For instance, if you do the “I feel your pain” routine enough, then maybe people won’t notice that you’re not actually doing anything about it. Race is a perfect example. We have a side conversation - the theatre of sensitivity - to distract from the fact that what we’re not discussing is mass incarceration; shootings of unarmed black men; and environmental, criminal, educational and economic injustice. Welcome to politics, guys! We’re going to untangle this, but only by recognizing what is really going on. #bigtruth #radicaltruthtelling‬ #marianne2020

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Cop
Zioner
Can’t dance for shit

Cancel the dumbass biiiiaaaatttccchhh already  ::)
Margs

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
At least she's not dabbing

That would imply she did learn something from 2016.
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Scarface is p. bad tbh.

Scarface is probably the superior film out of the 4 listed, bar Blade Runner perhaps.

Actually Nintex's mind is more of a mix of Wag The Dog, Bulworth, Network, The King of Comedy and Air Force One.

ὕβρις

Kara

God no, cahiers du cinéma is getting a letter of complaint from me, buster.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
God no, cahiers du cinéma is getting a letter of complaint from me, buster.

Aren't they pretty enamored with De Palma ?
ὕβρις

kingv

https://twitter.com/KamalaHarris/status/1145482776025505792

Damn, she really isn’t black enough... looks like Hillary taught her to dance (and dress).

kingv

Eh on one hand sure he could have run for senate instead. On the other hand, if he was going to run for president he should have put some actual thought into it. On paper he seems to have a lot of the attributes you'd mark as "presidential" - tall, handsome white guy with a somewhat commanding voice. And he also clearly studied from Obama's Greatest Hits. But upon greater examination you realize he was just poorly swagger jacking one of the GOATs, like...well....

:beli

Like Marco Rubio or Cory Booker, there's just not anything...there, man. And I get the impression his team thought that wouldn't matter but now breh is hovering around 2% and speaking in tongues at debates. Obama had quite a few policy statements when he first ran. He also separated himself from the crowd by constantly taking an almost cynical, almost arrogant "I see through this bullshit" mentality. He was running against the politics of old, and loved lining up opponents and the media for criticism (fair or unfair) while portraying himself as the last real nicca alive. What does Beto do? He looks timid and hesitant, even when defending himself. Dude just comes off soft and unwilling to fight. Obama wasn't all "hope and change" in the debates...he had no issue with knocking Hillary. He was aggressive when he needed to be. He had no issue with talking over Hillary or directly attacking other senators on the stage for their Iraq votes.

One of my friends in high school thought that album was 100% proof Tupac was alive.

Cauliflower Of Love

Presidential.

https://twitter.com/meenaharris/status/1145400072831508481

This such pandering bullshit.

You want to support the mos? Go out there with how you are normally not with a fucking glitter vest.

Cauliflower Of Love

Even Obama the first gay president didn't do that shit.

Tasty

At least she's not dabbing

That would imply she did learn something from 2016.

:dead

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
(Image removed from quote.)

https://twitter.com/RVAwonk/status/1144461081189875712
©ZH