Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5434345 times)

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
Scarface is p. bad tbh.

The Moroder soundtrack is pretty fire tho...
^_^

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
Pretty sure this was part of the opening montage in The Day After Tomorrow

:O

Trurl

Scarface is p. bad tbh.

Scarface is probably the superior film out of the 4 listed, bar Blade Runner perhaps.

Actually Nintex's mind is more of a mix of Wag The Dog, Bulworth, Network, The King of Comedy and Air Force One.

(Image removed from quote.)

I want to like the second part of this post but not the first.  There needs to be an improvement in like technology

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Just pretend it's the original Scarface with Cagney :yeshrug

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm surprised the De Palma get so little love to be honest here :lol
[close]
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Scarface is p. bad tbh.

Scarface is probably the superior film out of the 4 listed, bar Blade Runner perhaps.

Actually Nintex's mind is more of a mix of Wag The Dog, Bulworth, Network, The King of Comedy and Air Force One.

Network and Wag The Dog are also great movies  :heart

https://twitter.com/mateagold/status/1145733400789229569
🤴

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Scarface is p. bad tbh.

Network and Wag The Dog are also great movies  :heart

https://twitter.com/mateagold/status/1145733400789229569

Of all things, this parade is what soured my father in law on trump.
©ZH

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.

[close]

Just that movie in particular, it was Breaking Bad before Breaking Bad was a thing (with slightly less absurd racial dynamics).

The rest of his portfolio is obvious schlock with the odd hit (Mission: Impossible iirc).

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
40 percent etc etc :dead

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1145738027270115328

The other 60% are rotting away in Mississippi trying to "round 'em up".

I used to stand up a little for ICE/INS/BP/etc. Cause some dudes just like enforcement jobs and there's is validity in security of sovereignty. But, Thanks Trump! You showed me they're all pretty much dickheads like you.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
 :lol What lickspittles.

Cauliflower Of Love

Since when did the post start giving out pinnochios? That's like the beaver constructing riverways.

VomKriege

• Do the moron

I'm not sure I even follow the reasoning ? Because in essence they're saying that it's actually much, much worse than even what Sanders says.
ὕβρις

Cauliflower Of Love

I'm not sure I even follow the reasoning ? Because in essence they're saying that it's actually much, much worse than even what Sanders says.

If you have zero assets and zero debt your wealth is 100%.

If you have a billion in assets and 250 million in debt your wealth is uh.....75% (?*).

It's like twitter ratios.

*emptyvessel check my math*

Joe Molotov

• Administrator

We said at the time he should focus on wealth inequality within a country, but we didn't expect the mad man to actually do it!  :noooo
©@©™

Kara

The other day I saw speculawyer being a reply guy on Twitter in a not-GAF space and it was most unpleasant.

Cauliflower Of Love

The other day I saw speculawyer being a reply guy on Twitter in a not-GAF space and it was most unpleasant.

gross

agrajag

Technically, Senator Sanders is correct, but what really is ownership?

:smug

Trurl

I came across him the same way a long time ago.  I followed him and sent him a pm asking him to post on The Boor.

I sent a similar message to Bobby Roberts.  Neither responded.

Perhaps that makes me a bad lurker here.

agrajag

lmao, I saw speculawyer posting up a storm on Twitter yesterday

Cauliflower Of Love

links

:rage

Kara

Talking about how momentous it was that Trump crossed the Korean demilitarized zone during a business lunch today. The bourgeois because they're Trump people obviously and me because I support peace and prosperity on the Korean peninsula.

:mjcry

agrajag

https://twitter.com/QTRResearch/status/1145149433589489664

Lib beta c.uckboi gets snubbed by alpha dogg Balls-onaro

:salute

#assimilate

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Talking about how momentous it was that Trump crossed the Korean demilitarized zone during a business lunch today. The bourgeois because they're Trump people obviously and me because I support peace and prosperity on the Korean peninsula.

Maybe Trump should stop sabotaging President Moon then ::)
每天生气

Cauliflower Of Love

based bourgeois, how was it?

james

Biden down 10 points in the polls but zero movement on Predictit wtf

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1145756680136925187

And now even all of North Korea knows who Donald Trump is.
The only left to do to boost signal the brand is to find extra terrestrial life.  :thinking

Time for Hilldawg to jump in and save the party

https://twitter.com/DavidChalian/status/1145784146431754240
🤴

Kara

Boredfrom

But where are not even close...

Kara

It's an old meme and nicer than the one I wanted to post that shows 2 other meetings of Korean heads of state.

Cauliflower Of Love

https://twitter.com/QTRResearch/status/1145149433589489664

Lib beta c.uckboi gets snubbed by alpha dogg Balls-onaro

#assimilate

He fucked ivanka didn't he.

jfc

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1145756680136925187

And now even all of North Korea knows who Donald Trump is.
The only left to do to boost signal the brand is to find extra terrestrial life.  :thinking

Time for Hilldawg to jump in and save the party

https://twitter.com/DavidChalian/status/1145784146431754240

shocking

VomKriege

• Do the moron

[close]

I like De Palma quite a bit, but do think he makes more interesting films than he does great ones. My personal fav is probably Phantom Of The Paradise(I know  :lol) but if I were to call any of his movies great I'd go with Blow Out.

I took the liberty of continuing that discussion in the movie thread but basically I agree with your general assessment of De Palma.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
https://twitter.com/KenDilanianNBC/status/1145770585907245058

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1145754914901151745

As Donald Trump secured greater support from Republicans and as the 2016 general election neared, pro-Trump content produced by a Russian bot got more attention on Twitter.
The study's authors themselves point out the limitations inherent in their analysis, which was intended to test "prediction, not causality." Indeed, they stress that "it seems unlikely that 25,000 re-tweets could influence one percent of the electorate in isolation.

More to the point, they caution that "any correlation established by an observational study could be spurious." Despite a strong correlation between Trump's popularity and increased Twitter-based interest in the Russian bot accounts, "There could still be a third variable driving the relationship between IRA Twitter success and U.S. election opinion polls," they write. "We controlled for one of these—the success of Donald Trump's personal Twitter account—but there are others that are more difficult to measure; including exposure to the U.S domestic media."

Indeed, the study find that one major spike in both Trump's popularity and the attention received by IRA-run Twitter accounts was associated with the 2016 Republican National Convention.
:usacry :usacry :usacry :usacry
[close]

Cauliflower Of Love

Think about the 50 million dollars they have "raised" and how that's going into troll farms that hire people like PD and Yang supporters.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator

As Donald Trump secured greater support from Republicans and as the 2016 general election neared, pro-Trump content produced by a Russian bot got more attention on Twitter.
The study's authors themselves point out the limitations inherent in their analysis, which was intended to test "prediction, not causality." Indeed, they stress that "it seems unlikely that 25,000 re-tweets could influence one percent of the electorate in isolation.

More to the point, they caution that "any correlation established by an observational study could be spurious." Despite a strong correlation between Trump's popularity and increased Twitter-based interest in the Russian bot accounts, "There could still be a third variable driving the relationship between IRA Twitter success and U.S. election opinion polls," they write. "We controlled for one of these—the success of Donald Trump's personal Twitter account—but there are others that are more difficult to measure; including exposure to the U.S domestic media."

Indeed, the study find that one major spike in both Trump's popularity and the attention received by IRA-run Twitter accounts was associated with the 2016 Republican National Convention.
[close]

What if they got retweeted 2,525,000 times?
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
For every 25,000 pieces of Sonic fanart made during the 2016 election, Trump's poll numbers jumped 1%, per a new study

wow if true
🤴

Boredfrom

[close]

Holy shit, this is so dumb...

james

Fake news.

I bought Twitter bot followers and it didn't help me

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
https://twitter.com/kristina_wong/status/1145810525617577985

Press F to pay respect to the Democrat Party

Trump is bringing NEW Super Shermans Deluxe.

🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

"We're going to have planes going overhead."

As opposed to subterranean planes.

Kara

Critical support to Donald Trump keeping the Air Force in the F-35.

benjipwns

What if they got retweeted 2,525,000 times?
More proof of voter fraud by the Democrats and Clinton 2016 campaign imo

Kara

Whatever Nate 538 has it's clearly contagious. :doge

benjipwns

did Bernard advocate having lunch outside or something?

Cauliflower Of Love

Look at this motherfucker with his no front or side panel podium.

"We DONT have time for PODIUMS!"

"my comrades better com trhough"

Mandark

• Icon
Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| America: A Yum! Brands affiliate
« Reply #38444 on: July 01, 2019, 06:40:54 PM »
So it's their Obama "West Wing" analysis retooled without modification

How does Bernie being a big West Wing fan fit into their theory

I find a lot of Sanders' fans to be pretty Sorkin-y in their faith that a single guy can right the ship by standing up for what he believes in and speaking plain truths. Which is a pretty widespread belief across different ideologies, but it's funny cause TWW has become synecdoche for the naivete of centrist libs.

:yeshrug

agrajag

fuck off, coward.

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1145764653835964419

flush this country down the toilet

Cauliflower Of Love

And then drink it up!

Cauliflower Of Love

Where's marrec with his "not concentration camps technically" shit?

james

Bernie is the only good thing about this country. Everything else is trash

benjipwns

this* is just more proof we can't have UNLIMITED IMMIGRATION on a LIMITED PLANET

*Shosh taking away a like

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Are you mental? This is in your head.
每天生气

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

curly

• cultural maoist
:lol someone's losing it

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1145820698969018369

Critical support for Matthew Yglesias for pointing out the feckless idealism that undergirds Sandersism

agrajag

https://twitter.com/acnewsitics/status/1145713215055290369

marrec: don't call them concentration camps :rage

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| America: A Yum! Brands affiliate
« Reply #38456 on: July 01, 2019, 07:07:45 PM »
So it's their Obama "West Wing" analysis retooled without modification

How does Bernie being a big West Wing fan fit into their theory

I find a lot of Sanders' fans to be pretty Sorkin-y in their faith that a single guy can right the ship by standing up for what he believes in and speaking plain truths. Which is a pretty widespread belief across different ideologies, but it's funny cause TWW has become synecdoche for the naivete of centrist libs.

We already had a discussion to that effect so sorry for repeating myself, but you have to start somewhere and the top is as good a place as any.

Just look at what Trump manages to "achieve" just on the back on the powers of his office despite the total inefficient, unfocused shitshow his administration is. In an absolute sense it's not a lot, barely anything meaningful get done but he still managed to get thousands of kids in cages, imposes tariffs, and upsets some global equilibrium.

I don't think most people really think Sanders is gonna establish Soviets and leads Bolshevik groups or even turn the US into an European social democracy. A GOP Senate or even a Dem House like the current one would probably be a major choke point to any sweeping reforms but there's something to be said for how Sanders apparently helped to pull steadily the median dem position towards him from 2016 to now. It would seem he is convincing or resonating with enough voters that a lot of "establishment" candidate feel they need to pay some lip service to it. Obviously he's also helping with the bottom of the pyramid.
ὕβρις

Tasty

A GOP Senate or even a Dem House like the current one would probably be a major choke point to any sweeping reforms but there's something to be said for how Sanders apparently helped to pull steadily the median dem position towards him from 2016 to now. It would seem he is convincing or resonating with enough voters that a lot of "establishment" candidate feel they need to pay some lip service to it.

I mean, I kinda view this as the political system functioning as expected.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
https://twitter.com/acnewsitics/status/1145713215055290369

marrec: don't call them concentration camps :rage
There seems to be a terrible lack of resources at those camps. Luckily some more funding has been approved and hopefully it ends up in the right place.
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1145823157057728512

but of course.

Imagine going to a fourth of july celebration headed by the son of a russian oligarch.

As the great pacifist buddha once recited:

It has to start somewhere
It has to start sometime
What better place than here?
What better time than now?