Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5452958 times)

agrajag

I've never seen people lose their shit over a bunch of tanks in a parade like this.  :lol

It's weird how people raise eyebrows when we suddenly start doing things normally associated with undemocratic nations, and then boasting about it.

Wasn't he "inspired" by the parade he saw on Bastille day? I guess the military parade shit isn't that uncommon in Western nations, it's just that it hasn't been the tradition in US. That and the current slight anti-militaristic sentiment among US liberals combined with a kneejerk reaction to anything Trump does among the #resistance and you have a recipe for substantial backlash.

For what it's worth, we Floridians have been doing an annual military parade called the Air & Sea Show for many decades .

:salute

agrajag

how could this happen in america, nation noted for its lack of militarism and public demonstrations of armed force?

:derp

this is true, as much as the Never Trumper Republicans and Maddowites want to  :reeeee about this stuff, it's not out of character for the country at all.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Yeah, we’re usually slightly classier by having our war toys fly by just for a second but I mean, is it that different?

Boredfrom

LMAO

https://twitter.com/tribelaw/status/1146150363285905409

I've never seen people lose their shit over a bunch of tanks in a parade like this.  :lol

Is a waste of money that requires a lot of infrastructure and planning that I doubt they did when Trump decided to do it compensate for his small dick.

The non authoritarian nations that do it already has a infrastructure in place to pull it off.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
They tried to warn us...

©@©™

Boredfrom

how could this happen in america, nation noted for its lack of militarism and public demonstrations of armed force?

:derp

this is true, as much as the Never Trumper Republicans and Maddowites want to  :reeeee about this stuff, it's not out of character for the country at all.

Is just a waste of time for everyone and risk of damaging roads and public service on your Capital.

agrajag

No one said it's not a waste of time.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
LMAO

Is a waste of money that requires a lot of infrastructure and planning that I doubt they did when Trump decided to do it compensate for his small dick.

The non authoritarian nations that do it already has a infrastructure in place to pull it off.

I don't think it is correct to associate it with undemocratic nations only. However the French military parade was clearly first adopted with a revanchist mindset. It ranks very low on the ladder of awful things Trump wants, does or says but it is not politically neutral (besides being a caprice).

Though as Esch pointed out, it's a little amazing the US doesn't have one already considering how you (as a country) love putting a superlative show for patriotism and supporting the troops.
ὕβρις

Boredfrom

LMAO

I don't think it is correct to associate it with undemocratic nations only. However the French military parade was clearly first adopted with a revanchist mindset. It ranks very low on the ladder of awful things Trump wants, does or says but it is not politically neutral (besides being a caprice).

Though as Esch pointed out, it's a little amazing the US doesn't have one already considering how you (as a country) love putting a superlative show for patriotism and supporting the troops.

Well, we also make a military parade and we are Mexico so...  :awesome

Probably something you guys are better off not having outside of fly shows...

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Let's turn this into a discussion. What's your favorite part of american militarism? Mine's probably Air Force Shows..... Or probably having recruiters in some shape or form at every public high school or event....

:gopnik

Seeing an 8-year old cry tears of joy at a football game when they find out their dad hasn't been killed by an IED yet.
©@©™

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
Let's turn this into a discussion. What's your favorite part of american militarism? Mine's probably Air Force Shows..... Or probably having recruiters in some shape or form at every public high school or event....

Seeing an 8-year old cry tears of joy at a football game when they find out their dad hasn't been killed by an IED yet.

Almost as heart warming as seeing an 8 year old cry tears of joy at a bottle of water given to them from a border patrol agent who wasn't killed by an IED in war and had no choice but to join the BP.

agrajag

One time, this was many years ago, I was accosted by a military recruiter at a shopping mall. At the time I just started working at a restaurant, I was a salad cook. He asked me what I did and how much I was making, I lied and told him I was a chef making what felt to me like an astronomical number at the time, $70k a year. He laughed at that and said that I would easily be making WAY more if I enlisted as a military cook or whatever. The median salary for a military chef is like $40k.

Boredfrom

You guys without forced Military service...

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I was able to skip it because getting on it depends of a raffle
[close]

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
An official with the DNC told NBC News they had not received any tickets, while an RNC official confirmed Monday that they had, in fact, received their ticket allotment. An RNC spokeswoman said that several of the tickets had gone to top donors but would not comment how many they received.
Typically, the White House provides an allotment of tickets for White House events to each party’s national convention and the conventions distribute however they see fit. “Salute to America” is free and open to the public but there is a ticketed VIP section near the front, which apparently this year won’t include Democrats.

White House officials stated before the news broke that the event this year would remain bipartisan. When asked by NBC News why the DNC had not received tickets to the VIP section, a White House spokesman simply maintained that the event was free and open to the public.

Totally a bipartisan event.
©ZH

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
For real though I actually love the Betsy Ross flag. :(

Fun fact: Betsy Ross is a fraud. The story of her sewing the American flag was cooked up by her grandson 100 years later.

You could almost say her story was Biblical in nature.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship

Mine is visiting numerous coastal cities along the Atlantic and realizing most all those small towns/cities are reliant on military spending to some degree.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.

I should preface this story by saying in military games I'm known as the "So they want to kill my men, eh? Well two can play that game!" type. (e.g. The story of my first game of 40K in childhood ends with a Falcon grav tank blowing up--which was the mission objective--my last squad of terminator marines who had engaged it at close quarters.)

Anyway, noted Bore employer the United States Air Force came to my high school, which to echo the sentiments of Johnny Rico's dad ought to be illegal, with some slick for the time flight sim. The mission objective was to blow up an oil derrick off the coast. (Always Be Closing Preparing for a War with Iran You'll Lose.) The mission wasn't exactly easy, and after a couple of attempts I realized that you could just crash into the derrick and complete it so I did. The recruiter was not amused.

This is why we don't win wars anymore. :camby

Also we can't just jump in after Europeans annihilate one another for years.
[close]

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Wow, what did your highschool do that made you think it should be illegal?
每天生气

Cauliflower Of Love

Shosh, the Yang Gang will still take you back if you repent

https://twitter.com/AndrewYang/status/1146473590226690048

let's see Marianne Williamson try to do this with her flower magick

VomKriege

• Do the moron

One time, this was many years ago, I was accosted by a military recruiter at a shopping mall. At the time I just started working at a restaurant, I was a salad cook. He asked me what I did and how much I was making, I lied and told him I was a chef making what felt to me like an astronomical number at the time, $70k a year. He laughed at that and said that I would easily be making WAY more if I enlisted as a military cook or whatever. The median salary for a military chef is like $40k.

- I'm a Fortune 500 executive and make 600k a year.
- Ah ah pitiful ! They're wasting your potential ! You could make double that easy in the military son !
ὕβρις

agrajag

- I'm a Fortune 500 executive and make 600k a year.
- Ah ah pitiful ! They're wasting your potential ! You could make double that easy in the military son !

Basically, yeah  :lol

Cauliflower Of Love

You missed your chance to join the deep state, numbnuts.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
Wow, what did your highschool do that made you think it should be illegal?

;)

For some fun reading scope out the story of Reality Winner's recruitment while she was in high school.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Libs:
"Ttrump will probably invite Putin, Kim Jun Un and MBS to the parade in the VIP section. Has anyone spotted Oleg Deripaska yet? This thing must be awash with Russian money. Did you know Russia sells fireworks?"

Cons:
"Surely President Trump will give a seat to Paul Ryan, The Koch Brothers, The Pope and the NRA. Perhaps he can even give the hologram of Reagan a seat."

Actual VIP List:
- Ivanka Trump
- Jared
- Diamond & Silk
- The pool boy from the Mar-a-Lago
- The rub & tug lady from Trump Tower
- Tiger Woods
- Tucker Carlson
- Kim & Kanye West
- Sean Hannity
- Kid Rock
- A Twitter follower
- Rudy
- Piers Morgan
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Sounds like Wilbur Ross will be fired soon  :lol
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

Diamond Silk.

:lol

I guess they actually think they're getting that big secret paycheck in a 2025.

:rofl

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
I just rebought Bernie @ 8¢, no way this doesn’t spike between now and the close of the market

Cauliflower Of Love

I just rebought Bernie @ 8¢, no way this doesn’t spike between now and the close of the market

You own half a bottle of jonny walker blue if this falls through!

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Tanks, concentration camps, pardoning war criminals.... I've seen this somewhere before.  :thinking
When the Democrats were in office for two decades: 1933-1953.

benjipwns

lol Harris ZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM

Cauliflower Of Love

I can't wait for that bernie clap back.

shosta

Thanks for letting me know. Need to recoup my Biden losses.
每天生气

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
You’re welcome*

*gamble at own risk
[close]

shosta

You’re welcome*

*gamble at own risk
[close]
These dumb dumbs Bootyjudge and Warren need to drop out :/
每天生气

benjipwns

Marianne, when you get in touch, FIND OUT:

Cauliflower Of Love

I'm so fucking sad these people are in majority, they have not only just random computers running their things, but people who are collecting checks to run random computers about who gives a fuck because fuck poor people, people of colors, minorities, and everyone.

shosta

Shut the fuck up, Benji.
每天生气

agrajag

Cauliflower Of Love

Shut the fuck up, Benji.

you better watch your mouth about benji

benjipwns

Shut the fuck up, Benji.

Stopped for ice cream in Webster City after Q&As in 12 counties this wk. at least 1 Q&A in 77 counties so far on my 39th annual #99countymeetings When I finish all #99countymeetings I’ll celebrate at Dairy Queen also

Kara

are there seriously 99 counties in Iowa

shosta

based West Coast
每天生气

benjipwns

ya, visiting all of them is some kind of tradition, especially in the presidential primaries

Nebraska has 93 counties, Kansas has 105 counties

the Northwest Territory and Missouri Territory had roughly geographically square countries of about the same size drawn in them by federal law, so most all the states have 80+ counties due to their physical size, that's also why, as you can see in shosta's map you can draw fairly straight lines from one end to the other across multiple states as the surveying started in Ohio

iirc, Georgia has the most counties of any state not Texas like 150+, Texas has like 250, Kentucky has like 120 or something plus might have independent towns like Virginia I don't remember
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 11:57:21 PM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

WEST DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Sen. Kamala Harris said Wednesday that busing students should be considered by school districts trying to desegregate their locations — not the federal mandate she appeared to support in pointedly criticizing rival Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden last week.

Harris had a breakthrough moment at the candidates’ first debate when she criticized Biden for his opposition to mandatory school busing when he was a senator in the 1970s. Harris said she benefited from busing as an elementary school student in Berkeley, California, in the early 1970s.

“That’s where the federal government must step in,” Harris said, looking at Biden and winning a burst of applause from the auditorium in Miami.

On Wednesday, though, Harris characterized busing as a choice local school districts have, not the responsibility of the federal government.
:huh

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Margs

Tasty

WEST DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Sen. Kamala Harris said Wednesday that busing students should be considered by school districts trying to desegregate their locations — not the federal mandate she appeared to support in pointedly criticizing rival Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden last week.

Harris had a breakthrough moment at the candidates’ first debate when she criticized Biden for his opposition to mandatory school busing when he was a senator in the 1970s. Harris said she benefited from busing as an elementary school student in Berkeley, California, in the early 1970s.

“That’s where the federal government must step in,” Harris said, looking at Biden and winning a burst of applause from the auditorium in Miami.

On Wednesday, though, Harris characterized busing as a choice local school districts have, not the responsibility of the federal government.
:huh

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/28/politics/kamala-harris-democratic-debate-abolishing-private-insurance/index.html

Harris already flip flopping. The gun buyback thing is probably next up.

Was wrong about what the next flip-flop was, didn't expect this one tbh.

Cauliflower Of Love

https://twitter.com/ChuckGrassley/status/1146463248813711360

They're just slurring it up. jfc

(i'm aware jfc is a religious slur used in that manner. jfc)

Cauliflower Of Love

I'm starting to think bernie wont even bother with a VP