Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5441699 times)

agrajag

Matt Christman wins... Flawless victory.

Don't get this reference. :'(

Chapo were at war with the Gravel kids or something

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
Didn't get the Mike Gravel teens get started because they were listeners of Chapo Trap House?

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
Donate :clap one :clap dollar :clap to :clap Mike :clap Gravel :clap you :clap fucking :clap cowards

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/mikegravel2020
:O

jakefromstatefarm

“I came to it after reading walzer and Rawls” :jeanluc

agrajag

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1146964432314150912

Thank you Colonel Jessup, we need you on Trump's wall

:salute

james

Get off the internet and go celebrate this country you goons.

USA USA USA USA USA

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
But you are also on the internet. Curious.

每天生气

james

But you are also on the internet. Curious.

I have no interest in celebrating this dumpster fire of a country

:bolo

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
https://twitter.com/zachmontellaro/status/1146418586174533632

BUTTCHUG BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

shosta

每天生气

Mandark

• Icon
Anyway it's extremely funny that the American left can't even have a joke  anti-imperialist candidate (edit: fact check, Tulsi gabbard is a candidate and a joke, I forgot).

Gravel being literal COINTELPRO is probably my favorite bit of trivia among the fringe candidates.

james

Anyway it's extremely funny that the American left can't even have a joke  anti-imperialist candidate (edit: fact check, Tulsi gabbard is a candidate and a joke, I forgot).

Gravel being literal COINTELPRO is probably my favorite bit of trivia among the fringe candidates.

Have you thanked him by donating just one dollar to help him make the next debate?

agrajag

Donate $1 today to send James to the Hague.

shosta

I'd buy THAT for a dollar!
每天生气

Mandark

• Icon
I will glady donate a dollar if the Gravel teens send me fifty bucks.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Look up the tuition at The Masters School. I feel I'm being more than fair.
[close]

james

I'd buy THAT for a dollar!

Show me your proof of donation and Ill have it arranged

team filler

• filler
  • filler

[close]
No reply when I tweeted them to have their rich families send my poor family money so we can donate  :lol

james

[close]
No reply when I tweeted them to have their rich families send my poor family money so we can donate  :lol

....this is pretty genius.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Trump met with the dank memelords mad-liberals and carpedonktum and their kids

https://twitter.com/CarpeDonktum/status/1146985737541304320
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race

Cauliflower Of Love

Trump met with the dank memelords mad-liberals and carpedonktum and their kids

https://twitter.com/CarpeDonktum/status/1146985737541304320

that kid is all like "if my dad does his shit right I can buy myself into this office".

VomKriege

• Do the moron
@CarpeDonktum
Eternally Sarcastic Memesmith specializing in the creation of memes to support President Donald J. Trump. Content that I post was "Doctored" by me.🎥 👨‍⚕️⚕️

Am I out of touch or do I still want to live on this planet anymore ?
No, it's the planet that is wrong.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
That's the CO of Marine Todd, right ?
ὕβρις

agrajag

kingv

Carpedonktum has some of the most low effort unfunny memes.

He’s also somewhat ironic, because he loves to drag millennials for millennial tendencies (I think every fourth meme is about avocados)... but Is a stay at home dad, which imo is peak millennial stereotype cuck lifestyle.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
That's one poor Photoshop. :lol
ὕβρις

Cauliflower Of Love

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Did they check to see whether he'd written "Boycott" above the Nike swoosh?
©@©™

Tripon

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
A Twitter poll  8)
🤴

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
Post-it Note

Cauliflower Of Love

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
Maybe the governor of Arizona is too poor to afford new shoes. *checks Wikipedia*

Before entering politics, Ducey was the CEO of Cold Stone Creamery. He and his business partner sold the company in 2007.

Nope, just more politics kayfabe. :goty2

Kulturkampf :goty

Cauliflower Of Love

I was feeling bad about donating 27 doll hairs to bernie because he was falling down the list.

Now I realized he's just letting these wealthbuckets soak in their money before he goes up against dumbass trump.

curly

• cultural maoist
Apropros of nothing it's hilarious how the gaping maw of content has transformed Nate Silver from guy who cuts through pundit to bullshit to guy whose site writes features on how Mike Gravel and Joe Sestak could win the nomination.

Tripon

Apropros of nothing it's hilarious how the gaping maw of content has transformed Nate Silver from guy who cuts through pundit to bullshit to guy whose site writes features on how Mike Gravel and Joe Sestak could win the nomination.

Somebody pointed out when the ownership of 538 shifted from ESPN to ABC, 538 had to pump out way more 'content' articles to justify its existence, where ESPN had no idea what to do with it's political side and just left the site alone as long as the sports articles kept pace.

Also, Nate Silver is a terrible pundit himself, and really shouldn't give out 'analysis'. Dude's just terrible at it.

shosta

should I go to the bernie town hall tomorrow?
每天生气

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Somebody pointed out when the ownership of 538 shifted from ESPN to ABC, 538 had to pump out way more 'content' articles to justify its existence, where ESPN had no idea what to do with it's political side and just left the site alone as long as the sports articles kept pace.
But the shift to be under ABC was last year, didn't actually change their editorial oversight, and they were posting this garbage for years now.

I contend the flaw has always been result of the trade from the NYT. The NYT wanted it solely as a politics site, Nate has a well known history in sports which is why ESPN (during its period of also allowing stuff like Grantland) was willing to buy it. ESPN was fine with it taking on literally anything under the sun when it shouldn't have been.

They should have kept 538 solely as a politics, and politics-adjacent metrics focused site. And Nate should have launched a new metrics-focused sports brand. ESPN proper has dabbled in this but never with a full-on focus. And now 538 actually does less of it because they've scrambled up the sites focus and let all the people they hired off the dying sports-stats-web go.

ESPN should have never been running any of this as first-brand content but Disney has always run their internet sites as a disaster area. The Go.com debacle is one of the greatest internet stories. The infamous ESPN redesign that broke all their old content was because they finally had to escape the Go.com platform backend.

ESPN is a multi-billion dollar enterprise based around amassing an archive of sports content, but they've broken their own internet archives four times, including the specific archive they setup to transition everything into as a repository. There's a whole chunk of ESPN content that the current site links to, but displays as blank, but if you ask for a print mode version restores all the content and makes it visible which I assume is why it still shows up as "related" or in searches.

You can sometimes randomly find nearly perfectly preserved content hiding on the servers that they probably don't even know is still sitting around: https://www.espn.com/nba/draft99/index.html

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.

Live blog it on The Bore dot com.

benjipwns

https://apnews.com/0c6962ba64b74c459b3cac060e322087
DOVER, N.H. (AP) — Democratic presidential candidate Marianne Williamson on Friday warned that American elections could become more like voting in countries like Iran.

Speaking at a campaign event in Dover, New Hampshire, the author described an “illusion of choice,” and criticized the “political media elite establishment. It’s a corporate establishment.”

“And they will not only tell us what we’re supposed to talk about,” she said. “They will tell us who we’re supposed to choose to even choose between in terms of voting.”

Williamson added: “It’s kind of like countries like Iran, where you can vote for whoever you want, among the people that they tell you it’s OK to vote for. And that’s the kind of country that we’re living in today.”

In a follow-up statement to The Associated Press, Williamson clarified that Iran was “a cautionary tale, not a direct analogy.” She also said the July Fourth holiday “reminds us of our unique place in the world and the hope and light we represent to others.”

However, she added, “When corporate forces begin to dictate our candidates and give us fewer and fewer choices, it is a threat to our foundation.” She said all candidates should be welcome to participate “whether they are backed by monied forces or not.”

benjipwns

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/05/us/politics/kamala-harris-fundraising.html
WASHINGTON — Senator Kamala Harris of California raised less than $12 million in the past three months, her campaign said on Friday, a total that leaves her well behind her top rivals in the Democratic presidential primary’s money race.

Ms. Harris’s total for the second quarter of the year, which ended on Sunday, was padded by a strong finish. She collected more than $2 million in online donations in the first 24 hours after the start of the Democratic debate on June 27, as well as an additional $1.2 million online last weekend, her team said.

Ms. Harris’s second-quarter number is far below what some other first-tier candidates reported this week.

Mayor Pete Buttigieg of South Bend, Ind., raised $24.8 million in the second quarter, former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. brought in $21.5 million and Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont collected $18 million, their campaigns said this week. (Mr. Biden entered the race in late April, more than three weeks into the quarter.)

Many other candidates are expected to report raising far less. Senator Michael Bennet of Colorado, for instance, raised $2.8 million since entering the race in early May, his campaign said this week. The campaign of Gov. Steve Bullock of Montana announced Friday that he had raised more than $2 million since becoming a candidate in mid-May.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/01/us/politics/pete-buttigieg-fundraising.html
It was a diverse group of supporters, but not a surprising one for Mr. Buttigieg. Through the first two fund-raising quarters, no other Democratic presidential candidate has married traditional high-dollar fund-raising with online small donations as successfully as Mr. Buttigieg, whose campaign announced on Monday that he had collected $24.8 million from more than 294,000 donors for the three-month period that ended Sunday.
“They’ve got a badass operation,” Rufus Gifford, the finance director for Mr. Obama’s re-election campaign, said of Mr. Buttigieg’s campaign.

During the second quarter, Mr. Buttigieg attended about 50 high-dollar fund-raising events, for which ticket prices typically run $2,800, the maximum individual contribution allowed by federal law in the primary. But he also held 20 “grass-roots” fund-raising events, for which ticket prices start as low as $15.

And from March 24 to June 22, the Buttigieg campaign’s combined spending on digital advertising on Facebook and Google ($1.3 million) exceeded that of any other Democratic candidate except Mr. Biden and Ms. Warren, according to Bully Pulpit Interactive, a Democratic digital communications firm.
Mr. Buttigieg had more than 230,000 new donors in the second quarter, bringing his total to more than 400,000, his campaign said. The average contribution over the course of his campaign has been $47.42, according to his team. His campaign said it now had more than $22.6 million in cash on hand. Of that, $832,000 is earmarked for the general election and cannot be used in the primary.

“This fund-raising report shows that Pete’s message is resonating with Americans, and it’s proof that we are building an organization that can compete,” Mike Schmuhl, his campaign manager, said in an early-morning email to supporters announcing the fund-raising total.
The watch party included Mr. Buttigieg’s top fund-raising officials, known on his campaign as “investment directors”
“They are innovating every single minute of every single day,” said Brendan Mullen, a cybersecurity executive who was the Democratic nominee for South Bend’s House seat in 2012 and who attended the campaign’s Miami debate events. “I’ve never seen anything scale at the speed they are. It’s scaling faster than any start-up in the history of America.”

Kara

I see Big Armenia has paid that infographic designer off handsomely.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Ask Bernard why he is a coward and let himself be cucked by Hilldawg at the 2016 convention.
🤴

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed

Biden continues to crater.
Hi

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

Biden continues to crater.

I'm still surprised that people are surprised by this. Biden's got a history of history pre-VP and it's not good, once all that stuff started coming back into focus [along with some new, inevitable gaffes] his initial numbers were destined to drop off.
dog

Tripon

Tripon

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1146713535105425413

Politico on that new age number system.  :doge

agrajag

I see Big Armenia has paid that infographic designer off handsomely.

or Colombia

agrajag

if you're gonna do a military parade, do it right or don't do it at all.

:snob

skip to 9:28 for bonus Steven Seagal

look at all the military hardware! Tanks, AK's, ballistic missle vehicles!

(Image removed from quote.)

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1147162499671908353

:putin

jorma

:lol

politico headline in 2020: "trump loses the presidency in a landslide election victory for his opponent"

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Doesn't look that bad actually. :trumps
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight

:lol

politico headline in 2020: "trump loses the presidency in a landslide election victory for his opponent"
"Biden concedes election in victory speech"
🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
U.S. Marine and Meme Economist.

ὕβρις