Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5451170 times)

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| Twilight in America
« Reply #5521 on: May 11, 2017, 01:53:54 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/11/politics/trump-james-comey-nbc/index.html

"I was going to fire Comey," Trump told NBC News' Lester Holt in an interview. "Regardless of the recommendation I was going to fire Comey."

The White House initially said Rosenstein's memorandum to Attorney General Jeff Sessions prompted Trump to fire Comey, but Trump contradicted that account, saying he had already planned to do so and requested a memo to back up his decision.

I mean, obviously we all knew this, but to still just come out and say this... :neogaf
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5522 on: May 11, 2017, 02:05:49 PM »
Trump just threw everybody who lied for him over the past few days directly under the wheels of the bus. :lol
dog

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #5523 on: May 11, 2017, 03:00:17 PM »
http://www.wbaltv.com/article/fbi-searching-annapolis-fundraiserconsulting-firm/9639787

ANNAPOLIS, Md. —
The FBI confirms agents are executing a search warrant at an office of a GOP fundraiser/consulting firm in Annapolis, the 11 News I-Team has learned.

Sounds like somebody's in trouble.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #5524 on: May 11, 2017, 03:01:23 PM »
Wow if true

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #5525 on: May 11, 2017, 03:19:13 PM »
I was just in an office literally 1h ago. Shaking right now.

FStop7

« Reply #5526 on: May 11, 2017, 03:39:15 PM »
I was accepting Russian bribe money just last week.  Legit shook rn.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #5527 on: May 11, 2017, 03:42:36 PM »
I had a fundraiser once, shook off the planet.
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5528 on: May 11, 2017, 03:44:38 PM »
I was on the planet once. Stay safe, brehs.
dog

pizzashit

« Reply #5529 on: May 11, 2017, 04:19:51 PM »
I was posting on gaf once, fuck

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
___

Syph

« Reply #5532 on: May 11, 2017, 04:46:25 PM »
laughing up their sleeves, i just came up with that
XO

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #5533 on: May 11, 2017, 04:52:21 PM »
It makes more sense in the original Russian, comrade.
©@©™

agrajag

« Reply #5534 on: May 11, 2017, 05:34:21 PM »
It makes more sense in the original Russian, comrade.

Seriously people, calm down. He's just acting according to his competence.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #5535 on: May 11, 2017, 05:55:09 PM »
Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia
rub

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5536 on: May 11, 2017, 06:10:14 PM »
Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia

And don't forget Russia.
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5537 on: May 11, 2017, 06:33:23 PM »
Last night I was reading through the TPM email box when I saw this note from TPM Reader JG. As has happened so many times over the years I thought it was a game try but it simply couldn’t be right. And yet …

Well, let’s look at the email.

I think that almost all of the coverage is overlooking the most important element of the Trump-Comey story. And you are yourself my guide here, with Trump’s Razor. Does all this have something to do with the Russia investigation? Sure. But this is REALLY about the “mildly nauseous” comment. You and I know that Comey meant that the idea that he might have influenced an election made him feel sick. Trump heard that as “you make me sick,” as a personal attack. So, fuck you, he had to go. It’s the dumbest explanation that fits all the available information. Trump can’t think strategically enough to have done this to impede the Russia investigation, or as a Candide-like execution to scare off others (I think the analogy came from Slate).

I mean, please, right? I appreciate the reference to Trump’s Razor. But this can’t have been it. JG sent in his note at 6:49 PM eastern, I think significantly in advance of any of the reporting which, mind-bogglingly, appears to confirm JG’s analysis (relying on the heuristic of Trump’s Razor, let’s be clear).

From CNN …

Several people familiar with the decision say the President grew increasingly frustrated at Comey after his congressional hearing last Wednesday when he testified that he was “mildly nauseous” over the idea that he helped sway the election. Even the health care victory in the House one day later couldn’t take his mind off Comey, two people close to Trump said.

“He wouldn’t hear it (that he should be encouraged),” the friend said. “It’s Russia. Russia. Trump and Russia.” The President complained, with expletives, about Comey’s “mildly nauseous” answer and said his answer when pressed on leaks convinced the President he was far less concerned about the leaks than Trump thought he should be.

And Politico …

People close to the White House say Pence knew the president was thinking about firing Comey before he met with Rosenstein on Monday. Trump, these people said, was frustrated with Comey’s testimony and the growing Russia investigation scrutiny into his campaign. He also disliked Comey’s testimony last week on Capitol Hill, particularly the FBI director’s use of the word “nauseous” to describe his reaction to the idea that he may have influenced the election.

I really have nothing to add. I wouldn’t have anticipated it. I couldn’t quite believe it when JG suggested it. And yet, Trump’s Razor is simply never wrong. So there it is.

So...there you go. Trump is not a Machiavellian/Mafia Don mastermind trying to stop the Russian investigation, but rather a thin-skinned child throwing a temper tantrum.
dog

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5538 on: May 11, 2017, 06:57:45 PM »
...and he's got access to the "Nuclear Football."  Someone prone to tantrums has access to their ability to destroy the world. Fan-fucking-tastic.

White House furious after being trolled with Russia Oval Office photos:
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/11/politics/oval-office-photos-donald-trump-russians/index.html
"What are we supposed to do?" the official asked. "Not meet with the Russians?"

Maybe don't meet with them in our country's  "master bedroom." Maybe take them on one of those golfing trips you you are so fond of.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5540 on: May 11, 2017, 07:45:42 PM »
What did Trump think those pictures were going to be used for? Putin's scrapbook? :lol
dog

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #5541 on: May 11, 2017, 07:49:07 PM »

Nola

« Reply #5542 on: May 11, 2017, 08:34:16 PM »
WASHINGTON — Only seven days after Donald J. Trump was sworn in as president, James B. Comey has told associates, the F.B.I. director was summoned to the White House for a one-on-one dinner with the new commander in chief.

The conversation that night in January, Mr. Comey now believes, was a harbinger of his downfall this week as head of the F.B.I., according to two people who have heard his account of the dinner.

As they ate, the president and Mr. Comey made small talk about the election and the crowd sizes at Mr. Trump’s rallies. The president then turned the conversation to whether Mr. Comey would pledge his loyalty to him.

Mr. Comey declined to make that pledge. Instead, Mr. Comey has recounted to others, he told Mr. Trump that he would always be honest with him, but that he was not “reliable” in the conventional political sense.

By Mr. Comey’s account, his answer to Mr. Trump’s initial question apparently did not satisfy the president, the associates said. Later in the dinner, Mr. Trump again said to Mr. Comey that he needed his loyalty.

Mr. Comey again replied that he would give him “honesty” and did not pledge his loyalty, according to the account of the conversation.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/11/us/politics/trump-comey-firing.html?action=Click&contentCollection=BreakingNews&contentID=65284618&pgtype=Homepage&_r=0

spoiler (click to show/hide)
As they ate, the president and Mr. Comey made small talk about the election and the crowd sizes at Mr. Trump’s rallies.
:heh
[close]
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 08:40:55 PM by Nola »

Boredfrom

« Reply #5544 on: May 11, 2017, 09:50:30 PM »
WASHINGTON — Only seven days after Donald J. Trump was sworn in as president, James B. Comey has told associates, the F.B.I. director was summoned to the White House for a one-on-one dinner with the new commander in chief.

The conversation that night in January, Mr. Comey now believes, was a harbinger of his downfall this week as head of the F.B.I., according to two people who have heard his account of the dinner.

As they ate, the president and Mr. Comey made small talk about the election and the crowd sizes at Mr. Trump’s rallies. The president then turned the conversation to whether Mr. Comey would pledge his loyalty to him.

Mr. Comey declined to make that pledge. Instead, Mr. Comey has recounted to others, he told Mr. Trump that he would always be honest with him, but that he was not “reliable” in the conventional political sense.

By Mr. Comey’s account, his answer to Mr. Trump’s initial question apparently did not satisfy the president, the associates said. Later in the dinner, Mr. Trump again said to Mr. Comey that he needed his loyalty.

Mr. Comey again replied that he would give him “honesty” and did not pledge his loyalty, according to the account of the conversation.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/11/us/politics/trump-comey-firing.html?action=Click&contentCollection=BreakingNews&contentID=65284618&pgtype=Homepage&_r=0

As they ate, the president and Mr. Comey made small talk about the election and the crowd sizes at Mr. Trump’s rallies.
[close]

Trump is truly a dumb motherfucker. If he was not born rich, he will be Chris Chan.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #5545 on: May 11, 2017, 10:43:22 PM »
remember when we had barack obama as president
püp

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #5546 on: May 11, 2017, 10:54:32 PM »
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5547 on: May 11, 2017, 11:08:29 PM »

Feels like a lifetime ago, breh.
dog

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #5548 on: May 11, 2017, 11:16:21 PM »
Lets just impeach Trump already so Pence can start his Handmaid's Tale fanfic

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5549 on: May 11, 2017, 11:30:32 PM »
Lets just impeach Trump already so Pence can start his Handmaid's Tale fanfic

The only path to happiness is if Trump is impeached/quits/dies, and Pence takes over the reins, only to have the movie plot of Dave occur, but instead of Kevin Kline, we get Hot Pence to take his place.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #5550 on: May 11, 2017, 11:35:39 PM »
wow look at the big brains on the history buff here throwing out obscure past presidents

agrajag

« Reply #5551 on: May 12, 2017, 12:13:02 AM »

Remember when we had anyone not named Donald Trump as president?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5552 on: May 12, 2017, 12:17:21 AM »
okay, this presidency has been worth it just for this image :lol :lol :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #5553 on: May 12, 2017, 12:42:37 AM »
people have already forgotten this ongoing crime against humanity:
Mr. Senecal, 74, who has worked at the [Mar-a-Lago] property for nearly 60 years, and for Mr. Trump for nearly 30 of them.

He understands Mr. Trump’s sleeping patterns and how he likes his steak (“It would rock on the plate, it was so well done”)

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #5554 on: May 12, 2017, 12:47:04 AM »

[close]

Trump is truly a dumb motherfucker. If he was not born rich, he will be Chris Chan.

IF he wasn't born rich he would be pumping gas in NJ and selling brick weed on the side.
©ZH

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5555 on: May 12, 2017, 12:59:38 AM »

[close]

IF he wasn't born rich he would be pumping gas in NJ and selling brick weed on the side.

…and living in a trailer park.

benjipwns

« Reply #5556 on: May 12, 2017, 01:05:45 AM »
He probably would have gone to Vietnam actually. Unlike most other scumbags of his era (Cheney, Bush, etc.) he didn't game the system as easily as he could have. Did the limited amount of student deferments unlike Cheney. He actually got called up but if IIRC he actually had an semi-legitimate temporary foot injury when he showed up that got him a delay and then he lucked out by pulling a low number.

Of course, Trump had gone to a military academy as a teen and I think he's mentioned, in his bragging way about things you shouldn't brag about, that he might have liked to pursue it because he would be a badass soldier but you know he HAD to run the company and all.

In fact, considering all that, it's probably not far fetched to say he's a war hero.

Raist

« Reply #5557 on: May 12, 2017, 02:39:55 AM »
laughing up their sleeves, i just came up with that

Hum, it's an actual saying?

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #5558 on: May 12, 2017, 05:29:12 AM »
That Lester Holt interview is something else mane. Imagine being that shitty at lying in any other aspect of your life. Dude's whole demeanor is like a high school kid forging a sick note from their parents. "Also please remember that Seagrams Hotsauce has had a perfect attendance record and gets all A's, all of the time, no matter how stupid and ugly Mrs Macintosh is!"

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #5559 on: May 12, 2017, 06:24:22 AM »
okay, this presidency has been worth it just for this image :lol :lol :lol

(Image removed from quote.)

agrajag

« Reply #5560 on: May 12, 2017, 08:47:05 AM »

Our president, ladies and gentlemen.
 :trumps

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #5561 on: May 12, 2017, 09:07:03 AM »
Wouldn't this be enough to ask any one subpoena'd if there are tapes and if they say yes to get all such tapes?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 09:13:13 AM by TheInfelicitousDandy »

FStop7

« Reply #5562 on: May 12, 2017, 09:15:13 AM »
We had the "I'm no crook" moment, the Frost/Nixon moment (Trump's tacit admission to Holt that firing Comey ws about Russia) and now the "tapes" moment in the space of 2 days.  Warpspeed Watergate.

I don't know much about law enforcement but what little I do know says this is basically how guilty people behave: they drop hints and allude to the things they've done because they either have a need to be caught or a need to brag about what they've done.

agrajag

« Reply #5563 on: May 12, 2017, 09:52:43 AM »
"Wiretapped," "tapes," "president"

agrajag

« Reply #5564 on: May 12, 2017, 10:30:41 AM »
They should be if the GOP is working round the clock to make everyone's life shittier. But then again, dumbocrats will dumbocrat.

What's Jack Remington's hot take on this development?

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #5565 on: May 12, 2017, 11:18:06 AM »
isn't it a bad thing if he's out before the 2018 midterms

think about it

if there's no trump, dumbocrats won't be motivated to go vote, just like previous times

You mean last time as in 2006, when democrats made massive gains and rejected an unpopular president/administration? If Trump falls, the party falls with him (temporarily).

agrajag

« Reply #5566 on: May 12, 2017, 11:26:16 AM »
hopefully Foul Ryan and Bitch McConnel go down with him :doge

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #5567 on: May 12, 2017, 11:29:28 AM »
Dems lost seats because they passed Obamacare now the gop stands to lose seats for voting to repeal it.  :doge

©ZH

agrajag

« Reply #5568 on: May 12, 2017, 11:32:05 AM »
Dems lost seats because they passed Obamacare now the gop stands to lose seats for voting to repeal it.  :doge

it's like poetry
 :lucas

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5569 on: May 12, 2017, 11:40:03 AM »

it's like poetry
 :lucas
I know I've told you before but your fucking avatar will never get old.

agrajag

« Reply #5570 on: May 12, 2017, 11:44:50 AM »
I like yours too  :-*

agrajag

« Reply #5571 on: May 12, 2017, 12:09:52 PM »
Brehs, this is kind of crazy. Comey's becoming somewhat of a martyr in the cable news rounds. They keep playing that clip of the guy at the townhall yelling at his congressman about when the republican party is going to open their f'n eyes juxtaposed with clips of McGabe giving testimony about how well liked Comey was in the FBI.  :lol They're going to milk this thing for days if not weeks.

HyperZoneWasAwesome

• HastilyChosenUsername
« Reply #5572 on: May 12, 2017, 12:24:38 PM »
He probably would have gone to Vietnam actually. Unlike most other scumbags of his era (Cheney, Bush, etc.) he didn't game the system as easily as he could have. Did the limited amount of student deferments unlike Cheney. He actually got called up but if IIRC he actually had an semi-legitimate temporary foot injury when he showed up that got him a delay and then he lucked out by pulling a low number.

Of course, Trump had gone to a military academy as a teen and I think he's mentioned, in his bragging way about things you shouldn't brag about, that he might have liked to pursue it because he would be a badass soldier but you know he HAD to run the company and all.

In fact, considering all that, it's probably not far fetched to say he's a war hero.
Nah, no way of that. He'd still be a self-serving asshole. The kind that gets his subordinates killed on stupid tasks to make him look better. I'd put money down that he'd get fragged by his own men.

FStop7

« Reply #5573 on: May 12, 2017, 01:56:42 PM »
This would be going better if the left hadn't tripled down on the "Fuck Comey Fire Comey" bandwagon after he announced the additional Clinton emails stuff right before the election. 

Raist

« Reply #5574 on: May 12, 2017, 02:33:01 PM »
Comey went from hero to bad guy to martyr almost as quickly as jesus. You gotta give him that.

agrajag

« Reply #5575 on: May 12, 2017, 03:36:49 PM »
Not to mention that these idiots can't even get their stories straight on WHY he was fired.

Oblivion

« Reply #5576 on: May 12, 2017, 06:23:23 PM »
Yeah, and also even while Dems were happy that Hillary wasn't going to be prosecuted, plenty of them still bitched about the shitty way Comey handled the press conference.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5577 on: May 12, 2017, 06:39:33 PM »
So, this is something that came out today:

dog

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5579 on: May 12, 2017, 07:48:15 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Our president, ladies and gentlemen.
 :trumps

The thing is, wouldn't there be some form of record keeping of official meetings between the President and the head of the FBI? It seems like that would be a thing.