Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5448497 times)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| Weekly Trump Scandal Hot Takes
« Reply #5820 on: May 17, 2017, 06:43:32 PM »

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #5821 on: May 17, 2017, 06:46:48 PM »
Man, I guess Rod Rosenstein never heard of Seth Rich.
yar

zomgee

• We've *all*
rub

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #5823 on: May 17, 2017, 06:51:57 PM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #5824 on: May 17, 2017, 07:02:54 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
NO LEAKS

And remember : No Russian (investigation)
ὕβρις

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #5825 on: May 17, 2017, 07:06:58 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
NO LEAKS

And remember : No Russian (investigation)
This made me laugh way harder than it should
que

Syph

« Reply #5826 on: May 17, 2017, 07:29:37 PM »
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/864985257803751424

edit:
Charles Schumer, the Senate minority leader, has issued the following statement: “A special counsel is very much needed in this situation and Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein has done the right thing. Former Director Mueller is exactly the right kind of individual for this job. I now have significantly greater confidence that the investigation will follow the facts wherever they lead.”

i look forward to quoting this extensively in a month or so
XO

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #5827 on: May 17, 2017, 07:34:55 PM »
Pump your brakes, Turbo. It will probably be a good year or so before Mueller releases any findings.

In the meantime, there will be Congressional hearings with Comey and the steady drip drip drip of leaks, and more Trump related fuckery to go along with it.

Sadly, I doubt we'll ever get to the bottom of the Seth Rich thing. Keep us updated, etoilet!
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #5828 on: May 17, 2017, 07:38:34 PM »
Law enforcement officials tell NBC News that both Flynn and Manafort are formally considered "subjects" of a criminal investigation, though their lawyers say they have done nothing wrong. A subject generally is someone investigators suspect of a crime.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/flynn-manafort-are-key-figures-russia-probe-mueller-will-lead-n761256

who's gonna flip

FStop7

« Reply #5829 on: May 17, 2017, 07:43:39 PM »
I've started to fully believe that guy now

I'm imagining the history books in 50 years referring to @TrueFactsStated and @LouiseMensch the way that current books refer to Woodward and Bernstein.

Fucking weird times.

Sadly, I doubt we'll ever get to the bottom of the Seth Rich thing. Keep us updated, etoilet!

Rich was undoubtedly on his way to drop off the proof that Pizzagate is real when Podesta himself popped out from behind the bushes and capped him, just like he did to Vince Foster.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #5830 on: May 17, 2017, 07:48:22 PM »
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/864985257803751424

edit:
Charles Schumer, the Senate minority leader, has issued the following statement: “A special counsel is very much needed in this situation and Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein has done the right thing. Former Director Mueller is exactly the right kind of individual for this job. I now have significantly greater confidence that the investigation will follow the facts wherever they lead.”

i look forward to quoting this extensively in a month or so

Do you honestly think there's nothing to this shit
püp

etiolate

« Reply #5831 on: May 17, 2017, 07:50:36 PM »
I wager that Nola doesn't believe that there is no increase in Russia concern lately. I wager that he doesn't believe that there's been no increase of negative views of Russia in social media. He doesn't believe that public concern over Russia has stayed the same.

That's my insight. He can say I'm wrong.

Don't move goalposts toilet.[/qutote]

I didn't.

You inferred that Democrats took a position of disconcern and even tolerance of Russia and Russia's actions Pre-Trump. Implying a flip flop. Inferring, I assume, a heavy prevalence of "Trump Derangement Syndrome" being the driving factor?..As the talking point goes.

Though if you re-read what I said, I didn't say the left is devoid of that sort of partisan driven flip flopping, mindless partisan loyalty, irrational hyperbole, or moral relativity, only that you might want to keep in mind that the left is still trailing the right by a pretty good margin in those departments. So you might want to think more carefully about jumping down the well of the Right's ongoing collective Freudian projection about the left. Since it doesn't seem to be nearly as present as the rhetoric commands. The whole "glass houses and stones" angle.

But to your new point, sure, there is definitely a general heightening of concern on the left toward Russia. But why shouldn't there be? I know polls will show that the left used to think Russia was not the greatest geopolitical threat, but they didn't think they were benign flowers either. But you know current events change people's calculus. And I think a country that engages in an escalation of asymmetric espionage, including possible collusion with a president's campaign, with the overarching goal of destabilizing the western alliances and pushing the world toward a more 19th century real politik arrangement with Russia expanding its influence, justifies a calculus restructuring....then on the other hand, you have the right in the face of that going "maybe he's not that bad of a guy this Putin fella?"

It's my old point. My point was that the sudden interest in Russia is heavily sourced by a political party's needs, rather than in Russia itself. I have great doubt about the Russia ties being anything more than normal for people of popularity and power, at least in the manner that they are making Trump their puppet. As much as right wing media would have tried to push it, I don't think you get this level of intensity over our leaders Saudi interests and Saudi's influence.

I am not sure what went on is that exceptional. You see, America does this stuff to other countries. Russia has probably tried to hack us before. I am sure they've made hacking attempts, as has China and other powers. I assume that the major players are all engaged in cyberwarfare at this point.

I do distrust it because this "Russia is a threat" narrative served the DNC's political needs. It first showed up as a distraction from what was in the wikileaks, and it didn't help them then. They let it go for awhile and then brought it back full force. (They = press/reps/ppl involved/shit like the mediamatters leak)

Say there's success in ousting Trump. Do you believe we'll still focus on Russia or will we let them fade out of the news? Do we actually care that much right now with what Putin is doing on the Ukraine border? No, it's heavily centered around Trump with Putin as the boogeyman.

It's not about a flip-flop in people liking Putin. It's about the intensity of focus and mental occupation upon Russia that was not there before and which I doubt will exist afterwards, even though most of Putin's ill deeds will remain in action.

See, I originally said, many pages back, that a federal source claimed Rich was the DNC wikileak source, and that it sounds like Trump was incompetent at the job. Basically, I was open to the idea that Seth Rich was the leaker and that Trump isn't qualified. Actually, I always thought Trump wasn't qualified, so that's confirmation bias on my part. However, I severely underestimated the significance of Seth Rich for other people's confirmation bias. If Rich is the leak, then the whole Russia thing starts to tumble apart at its root, because the root was that wikileaks got the info from Russian hackers and are acting as Russian agents.

However, that theory would require the same wikileaks that hurt the Bush admin and Republicans, and helped Obama into office in some way, to suddenly have its existence be invested in massive attempts to undermine the DNC. You have to buy that propaganda to give no thought to Assange's inference that Rich was the leak after his death. That triggered people into their normal irrational character attacks on me and it took me pages of dragging it out to see why: Rich fucks up everything if he's the leak.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 08:07:12 PM by etiolate »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #5833 on: May 17, 2017, 08:15:55 PM »
I'll throw you one bone, Etiolate; You do know from spin, I tell you hwat.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #5834 on: May 17, 2017, 08:24:37 PM »
"See, I originally said, many pages back, was that a federal source claimed Rich was the DNC wikileak source, and that it sounds like Trump was incompetent at the job. "

you're not gonna let that go huh

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #5836 on: May 17, 2017, 08:33:44 PM »
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3581911/turkish-presidents-bodyguards-batter-washington-dc-protesters-leaving-them-covered-in-blood-while-leader-meets-trump-at-the-white-house/
I can just imagine one of the bodyguards yelling: "Diplomatic Immunity!" *kicks the shit out of a protestor*  :doge
I really do hope this has consequences. Petty shit compared to what's going on there domestically, but you gotta take what you can get, considering their geopolitical usefulness. :shaq2

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #5837 on: May 17, 2017, 09:04:34 PM »
Its really disgusting.  Trump wont do anything but I'm hoping congress would light a fire on this. 

Nola

« Reply #5838 on: May 17, 2017, 09:14:24 PM »
"See, I originally said, many pages back, was that a federal source claimed Rich was the DNC wikileak source, and that it sounds like Trump was incompetent at the job. "

you're not gonna let that go huh

And like before, it breaks down to trusting Wheeler's credibility and the credibility of his supposed source. A source that seems to be factually wrong about the laptop's location when hearing what three other independent sources had to say, and Wheeler who walked back his statements(though tonight is taking a new angle on Hannity apparently, claiming the DNC pressured the Rich family into those statements).

Nola

« Reply #5839 on: May 17, 2017, 09:17:39 PM »

It's my old point. My point was that the sudden interest in Russia is heavily sourced by a political party's needs, rather than in Russia itself. I have great doubt about the Russia ties being anything more than normal for people of popularity and power, at least in the manner that they are making Trump their puppet. As much as right wing media would have tried to push it, I don't think you get this level of intensity over our leaders Saudi interests and Saudi's influence.

I am not sure what went on is that exceptional. You see, America does this stuff to other countries. Russia has probably tried to hack us before. I am sure they've made hacking attempts, as has China and other powers. I assume that the major players are all engaged in cyberwarfare at this point.

I do distrust it because this "Russia is a threat" narrative served the DNC's political needs. It first showed up as a distraction from what was in the wikileaks, and it didn't help them then. They let it go for awhile and then brought it back full force. (They = press/reps/ppl involved/shit like the mediamatters leak)

Say there's success in ousting Trump. Do you believe we'll still focus on Russia or will we let them fade out of the news? Do we actually care that much right now with what Putin is doing on the Ukraine border? No, it's heavily centered around Trump with Putin as the boogeyman.

It's not about a flip-flop in people liking Putin. It's about the intensity of focus and mental occupation upon Russia that was not there before and which I doubt will exist afterwards, even though most of Putin's ill deeds will remain in action.

And my point was, that your point is kinda shit  :ohyou

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #5840 on: May 17, 2017, 09:17:54 PM »
I was waiting for a response but fuck it

A FoxNews.com story on the case also cited a "federal source" who said the FBI had conducted a forensic analysis of Rich's computer and discovered thousands of emails with Wikileaks. But a law enforcement official told CNN that the FBI never had possession of Rich's laptop and did not conduct a forensic analysis of its contents.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/17/media/seth-rich-family-apology-retraction-fox-news-wttg/index.html

Surprise, the story is bullshit.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #5841 on: May 17, 2017, 09:23:25 PM »
Are you sure you're not dismissing it because it might collapse your world view? :thinking

Look at all these fireworks I'm lighting.

Nola

« Reply #5842 on: May 17, 2017, 09:37:03 PM »
Are you sure you're not dismissing it because it might collapse your world view? :thinking

Look at all these fireworks I'm lighting.

Wouldn't the Seth Rich narrative essentially require a person to accept the hypothesis that the 2016 DNC was functionally competent?

I'm pretty sure you could find more convincing evidence for Saddam's Stargate then that.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #5844 on: May 17, 2017, 09:51:03 PM »
If obstruction takes him down, I almost feel bad for him. He just thought he could do that kinda shit since he was the boss

Nola

« Reply #5845 on: May 17, 2017, 09:54:15 PM »
I don't know if it has been pointed out yet, but since this is a special counsel, apparently Mueller answers to the Deputy AG, and thus ultimately Trump.

I'm wondering what the line is until Trump goes full dumb-Nixon and calls up the D-AG after a particularly triggering Fox News piece and demands Rosenstein stop some part of Mueller's investigation because it's "fake news."

Oblivion

« Reply #5846 on: May 17, 2017, 09:59:09 PM »

A FoxNews.com story on the case also cited a "federal source" who said the FBI had conducted a forensic analysis of Rich's computer and discovered thousands of emails with Wikileaks. But a law enforcement official told CNN that the FBI never had possession of Rich's laptop and did not conduct a forensic analysis of its contents.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/17/media/seth-rich-family-apology-retraction-fox-news-wttg/index.html

Possible responses:

1) Look, I'm not saying Fox News has the best track record when in comes to the truth, but why should I or anyone else for that matter, trust the Clinton News Network?

2) Why doesn't CNN name the source in this report if they're not lying?

3) How about we wait until after Hillary/the DNC is arrested for Rich's murder before jumping to conclusions?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 10:05:33 PM by Oblivion »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #5847 on: May 17, 2017, 10:12:57 PM »
4) 'jesus christ, you dumbasses. It is a mess at this point. if you fight my concession on this then you end up taking the bigger L.   As long as I drive the conversation, you'll be in the trunk.  I am smarter. That's not a secret.'

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #5848 on: May 18, 2017, 12:20:00 AM »
unshockingly, wikileaks is going hard against mueller
püp

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #5849 on: May 18, 2017, 12:24:21 AM »
i have to say entertainment value of hatereading the_donald >> hatereading freerepublic back in the day, which is saying a lot
QED

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #5850 on: May 18, 2017, 12:27:09 AM »
Why even do that to yourself sir.
püp

recursivelyenumerable

« Reply #5851 on: May 18, 2017, 12:29:27 AM »
I lost any connection to humanity over a decade ago
QED

recursivelyenumerable

« Reply #5852 on: May 18, 2017, 12:50:26 AM »
unshockingly, wikileaks is going hard against mueller

Assange pulling theories from Sidney Blumenthal is :rofl :rofl
QED

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #5853 on: May 18, 2017, 02:07:16 AM »

Now who are you going to believe? Fox News?.or so called "law enforcement"?
que

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #5854 on: May 18, 2017, 02:48:57 AM »
remember when etiolet argued the legitmacy of the seth rich story, while trying to delegitimize the collusion story that has way more proof
püp

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #5855 on: May 18, 2017, 03:19:40 AM »
The_Donald right now: Pay no attention to that man rotting pumpkin behind the curtain. WHAT ABOUT SETH RICH?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #5856 on: May 18, 2017, 04:57:23 AM »
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN18D2TC?il=0

Stock markets got tired of winning too.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
j/k they'll keep on winning :putin
[close]
ὕβρις

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #5857 on: May 18, 2017, 08:55:40 AM »
Roger Ailes has died.
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5858 on: May 18, 2017, 08:58:49 AM »
Fortunately, he was able to live long enough to see his career go down in flames.
dog

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5859 on: May 18, 2017, 08:59:05 AM »
Roger Ailes has died.

Hillary strikes again.
©@©™

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #5860 on: May 18, 2017, 09:03:27 AM »
Roger Ailes has died.

Hillary strikes again.

Probably the same person who got Seth Rich.  :ohhh
©ZH

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #5861 on: May 18, 2017, 09:22:37 AM »
Roger Ailes has died.

Hillary strikes again.

Probably the same person who got Seth Rich.  :ohhh

:hans1

edit: shit. Of course I get first post on the next page.  :doge

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #5862 on: May 18, 2017, 09:37:25 AM »
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN18D2TC?il=0

Stock markets got tired of winning too.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
j/k they'll keep on winning :putin
[close]

Was leaving a meeting yesterday and briefly talked to a manager at my job who was discussing that, and he said "so I guess we're not getting tax cuts huh."

No tax cuts
No Obamacare repeal
No wall

:trumps

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

FStop7

T-Short

• hooker strangler
地平線

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #5867 on: May 18, 2017, 11:21:49 AM »
First thing President Pence needs to do is reassure the intelligence community he's not gonna fuck with them, it would appear.
yar

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #5868 on: May 18, 2017, 11:30:54 AM »
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-05-18/ap-newsalert-top-republican-on-senate-intelligence-panel-says-michael-flynn-s-lawyers-say-he-will-not-honor-subpoena

Washington (AP) -- Top Republican on Senate intelligence panel says Michael Flynn's lawyers say he will not honor subpoena.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. That's a bit illegal I believe.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #5869 on: May 18, 2017, 11:34:15 AM »
Trump should just pardon Flynn, I can't foresee any blowback.
©@©™

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #5870 on: May 18, 2017, 11:38:53 AM »
They're in such deep deep shit. I love it.  :lol

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #5871 on: May 18, 2017, 11:43:19 AM »
As Sho Nuff on GAF linked:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/15/flynn-senate-subpoena-russia-trump-238404

This is probably more of a stalling tactic than Flynn accepting being thrown into prison for contempt. Maybe the goal is to force the FBI to issue a subpoena before they're ready, thereby forcing them to reveal a bit more of what they have so far?

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #5872 on: May 18, 2017, 12:08:17 PM »
Didn't Flynn preemptively offer to snitch a month or two ago?

This Russia shit is pretty rich, but I dunno. I don't think anything is gonna move his base short of direct evidence of Trump himself privately requesting intervention on his behalf from Putin. Normally, I'd have a hard time believing a presidential candidate wouldn't insulate themselves as much as possible if they were involved, but Trump being Trump that nothing would really shock me at this point

agrajag

« Reply #5874 on: May 18, 2017, 12:51:30 PM »
Didn't Flynn preemptively offer to snitch a month or two ago?

This Russia shit is pretty rich, but I dunno. I don't think anything is gonna move his base short of direct evidence of Trump himself privately requesting intervention on his behalf from Putin. Normally, I'd have a hard time believing a presidential candidate wouldn't insulate themselves as much as possible if they were involved, but Trump being Trump that nothing would really shock me at this point

He already did that. In public. No one batted an eye.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #5875 on: May 18, 2017, 01:00:16 PM »

Oblivion

« Reply #5876 on: May 18, 2017, 01:33:28 PM »
Roger Ailes has died.

This post does not have nearly enough likes.

Nola

« Reply #5877 on: May 18, 2017, 03:29:29 PM »
Apparently Lieberman is now the front-runner for FBI director.....

So your name is Donald Trump. You just had a special counsel appointed to look into your ties to Russia less then 24 hours ago. Largely on the back of firing the FBI director that refused to swear loyalty and then possibly obstructing justice in the Flynn investigation.

One might think that it wouldn't exactly be a wise idea to go with the guy who is currently senior counsel at the department of the law firm that has represented you and your business for years?

But hey:  :trumps

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #5878 on: May 18, 2017, 03:51:17 PM »
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/taibbi-roger-ailes-was-one-of-the-worst-americans-ever-w483013
When I mentioned to one of my relatives that I was writing about the death of Ailes, the response was, "Say that you hope he's reborn as a woman in Saudi Arabia."
©ZH

etiolate

« Reply #5879 on: May 18, 2017, 03:57:31 PM »
Says a paper that published a fake rape story.