Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5448451 times)

etiolate

Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| Weekly Trump Scandal Hot Takes
« Reply #5940 on: May 19, 2017, 01:07:11 AM »
Oh, Tom Wolfe, Hunter and Didion would shit all over today's left and liberals, especially the college types. Didion too old and rich and mothafuckin to bother.

They took gonzo and turned it into godzo." Nothing in news is objective except for my personal point of view. " That wasn't the point of that period.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #5941 on: May 19, 2017, 01:08:52 AM »
There's a story that I don't remember is actually in Loathing on the Campaign Trail since that got edited from the originals but it is in the Rolling Stone version of the piece about how he went to some shindig to report on and the people at his table complained about how much he stunk of booze so he went back to his car and laid in the trunk and drank the rest of the bottle. (Which probably is the only rational response.) And his editor didn't even realize he skipped the event because whoever he was covering gave the same speech all the time so Thompson just winged it assuming this was so.

etiolate

« Reply #5942 on: May 19, 2017, 01:10:38 AM »
Well the whole book is winging it.

"Cover a dune bag rally."

"Okay, time to get loaded."

benjipwns

« Reply #5943 on: May 19, 2017, 01:23:27 AM »
Might have been '76. Which spends more time contemplating suicide methods than Democratic candidates.

This one has the bonus of not only having someone complain about his booze smell and a trunk involved (which is an amusing way to search for an article) but also sheer incoherence about a Jimmy Carter speech:
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/fear-and-loathing-on-the-campaign-trail-1976-19760603
The SS agents assigned to Kennedy are hypersensitive about anything that might jack up the risk factor, and they move on the theory that safety increases with speed.

There was no need for King and Kirk to warn me that the SS detail would have a collective nervous breakdown at the prospect of taking Senator Kennedy and the governor of Georgia through the streets of downtown Athens – or any other city, for that matter – to search for some notoriously criminal journalist who might be in any one of the half-dozen bars and beer parlors on the edge of the campus.

So there was nothing to do except sit there in the university cafeteria, slumped in my chair at a table right next to Dean Rusk's, and drink one tall glass after another of straight Wild Turkey until the Law Day luncheon ceremonies were finished. After my third trip out to the trunk, the SS driver apparently decided that it was easier to just let me keep the car keys instead of causing a disturbance every 15 or 20 minutes by passing them back and forth….... Which made a certain kind of fatalistic sense, because I'd already had plenty of time to do just about anything I wanted to with the savage contents of his trunk, so why start worrying now? We had, after all, been together for the better part of two days, and the agents were beginning to understand that there was no need to reach for their weapons every time I started talking about the blood on Dean Rusk's hands, or how easily I could reach over and cut off his ears with my steak knife. Most Secret Service agents have led a sheltered life, and they tend to get edgy when they hear that kind of talk from a large stranger in their midst who has managed to stash an apparently endless supply of powerful whiskey right in the middle of their trunk arsenal. That is not one of your normal, everyday situations in the SS life; and especially not when this drunkard who keeps talking about taking a steak knife to the head of a former secretary of state has a red flag on his file in the Washington SS headquarters in addition to having the keys to the SS car in his pocket.

Carter was already speaking when I came back from my fourth or fifth trip out to the car. I had been careful all along to keep the slice of lemon on the rim of the glass, so it looked like all the other iced-tea glasses in the room. But Jimmy King was beginning to get nervous about the smell. "Goddamnit Hunter, this whole end of the room smells like a distillery," he said.

"Balls," I said. "That's blood you're smelling."

King winced and I thought I saw Rusk's head start to swing around on me, but apparently he thought better of it. For at least two hours he'd been hearing all this ugly talk about blood coming over his shoulder from what he knew was "the Kennedy table" right behind him. But why would a group of Secret Service agents and Senator Kennedy's personal staff be talking about him like that? And why was this powerful stench of whiskey hanging around his head? Were they all drunk?

Not all – but I was rapidly closing the gap and the others had been subjected to the fumes for so long that I could tell by the sound of their laughter that even the SS agents were acting a little weird. Maybe it was a contact drunk of some kind, acting in combination with the fumes and fiendish drone of the speeches. We were trapped in that place, and nobody else at the table liked it any better than I did.

I am still not sure when I began listening to what Carter was saying, but at some point about ten minutes into his remarks I noticed a marked difference in the style and tone of the noise coming from the speakers' table and I found myself listening, for the first time all day. Carter had started off with a few quiet jokes about people feeling honored to pay ten or twelve dollars a head to hear Kennedy speak, but the only way he could get people to listen to him was to toss in a free lunch along with his remarks. The audience laughed politely a few times, but after he'd been talking for about 15 minutes I noticed a general uneasiness in the atmosphere of the room, and nobody was laughing anymore. At that point we were all still under the impression that Carter's "remarks" would consist of a few minutes of friendly talk about the law school, a bit of praise for Rusk, an introduction for Kennedy, and that would be it.... …

But we were wrong, and the tension in the room kept increasing as more and more people realized it. Very few if any of them had supported Carter when he won the governorship, and now that he was just about finished with his four-year term and barred by law from running again, they expected him to bow out gracefully and go back to raising peanuts. If he had chosen that occasion to announce that he'd decided to run for president in 1976, the reaction would almost certainly have been a ripple of polite laughter, because they would know he was kidding. Carter had not been a bad governor, but so what? We were, after all, in Georgia; and, besides that, the South already had one governor running for president….... Back in the spring of 1974 George Wallace was a national power; he had rattled the hell out of that big cage called the Democratic National Committee in '72, and when he said he planned to do it again in '76 he was taken very seriously.

So I would probably have chuckled along with the others if Carter had said something about running for president at the beginning of his "remarks" that day, but I would not have chuckled if he'd said it at the end.... …Because it was a king hell bastard of a speech, and by the time it was over he had rung every bell in the room. Nobody seemed to know exactly what to make of it, but they knew it was sure as hell not what they'd come there to hear.

I have heard hundreds of speeches by all kinds of candidates and politicians – usually against my will and for generally the same reasons I got trapped into hearing this one – but I have never heard a sustained piece of political oratory that impressed me any more than the speech Jimmy Carter made on that Saturday afternoon in May 1974. It ran about 45 minutes, climbing through five very distinct gear changes while the audience muttered uneasily and raised their eyebrows at each other, and one of the most remarkable things about the speech is that it is such a rare piece of oratorical artwork that it remains vastly impressive, even if you don't necessarily believe Carter was sincere and truthful in all the things he said. Viewed purely in the context of rhetorical drama and political theater, it ranks with General Douglas MacArthur's "old soldiers never die" address to the Congress in 1951 – which still stands as a masterpiece of insane bullshit, if nothing else.

There were, however, a lot of people who believed every word and sigh of MacArthur's speech, and they wanted to make him president – just as a lot of people who are still uncertain about Jimmy Carter would want to make him president if he could figure out some way to deliver a contemporary version of his 1974 Law Day speech on network TV….... Or, hell, even the same identical speech; a national audience might be slightly puzzled by some of the references to obscure judges, grade-school teachers and backwoods Georgia courthouses, but I think the totality of the speech would have the same impact today as it did two years ago.

But there is not much chance of it happening....… And that brings up another remarkable aspect of the Law Day speech: it had virtually no impact at all when he delivered it, except on the people who heard it, and most of them were more stunned and puzzled by it than impressed. They had not come there to hear lawyers denounced as running dogs of the status quo, and there is still some question in my own mind – and in Carter's too, I suspect – about what he came there to say. There was no written text of the speech, no press to report it, no audience hungry to hear it, and no real reason for giving it – except that Jimmy Carter had a few serious things on his mind that day, and he figured it was about time to unload them, whether the audience liked it or not....

Which gets to another interesting point of the speech: although Carter himself now says, "That was probably the best speech I ever made," he has yet to make another one like it – not even to the extent of lifting some of the best images and ideas for incorporation into his current speeches – and his campaign staff attached so little importance to it that Carter's only tape recording of his Law Day remarks got lost somewhere in the files and, until about two months ago, the only existing tape of the speech was the one I'd had copied off the original, before it was lost. I've been carrying the bastard around with me for two years, playing it in some extremely unlikely situations for people who would look at me like I was finally over the hump into terminal brain damage when I'd say they were going to have to spend the next 45 minutes listening to a political speech by some ex-governor of Georgia.

It was not until I showed up in New Hampshire and Massachusetts for the '76 primaries and started playing my tape of the Law Day speech for a few friends, journalists and even some of Carter's top staff people who'd never heard it that Pat Caddell noticed that almost everybody who heard the speech was as impressed by it as I was.... But even now, after Caddell arranged to dub 50 tape copies off of my copy, nobody in Carter's brain trust has figured out what to do with them.

etiolate

« Reply #5944 on: May 19, 2017, 01:33:00 AM »
"I WAS COMPLETELY WASTED...  and now here's extremely readable accounting of the event."

benjipwns

benjipwns

« Reply #5946 on: May 19, 2017, 02:23:06 AM »
oh yeah this is the good stuff: https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2017/05/18/this-is-a-coup-against-our-right-to-govern-ourselves-n2328059
The blizzard of lies and distraction blowing through Washington is not just any routine stuffstorm, but a calculated attempt to bring down a president – our president, not the establishment’s president. And more than that, it’s an attempt to ensure that we never again have the ability to disrupt the bipartisan D.C. cabal’s permanent supremacy by inserting a chief executive who refuses to kiss their collective Reid.

This is a coup against us. It’s a coordinated campaign by liberals and their allies in the bureaucracy and media to once and for all ensure their perpetual rule over us. We need to fight it, here and now, so we don’t have to fight it down at the bottom of this slippery slope.

It’s brazen. It’s bold. It’s insulting to our intelligence. They aren’t even trying to hide their lies anymore. Truth is irrelevant; this is a choreographed dance routine and everyone has his moves. Call it Breakin’ 2: Electric Leakaroo, except instead of trying to save the community center they’re trying to save their power and prestige.
Now, this campaign isn’t aimed at us. Normal people, people who don’t live in DC or NYC or LA, just tune it out. After all these years, and with the help of the web, we normals know the game. We’re woke, as the dorky leftists say.

The target of this constant barrage is the soft and the stupid, the smug and the sanctimonious, the wusses and the surrender flunkies. That’s why you get the girlish-handed likes of David Brooks writing dainty columns that give Trump such a pinch! That’s why David Frum starts using words like “courage” to impugn actual men who have done actual man-things, like LTG McMaster. That’s why Kasich spews his bilious funk of sanctimony and submission, among other funks. It’s all to appeal to the Fredocons, the soft-headed RINOs who are smart, not dumb like everyone says, who just want something for themselves – attention, approval, and media pats on their pointy little heads.

So these fussy ninnies, fresh from having some v-capped crone screeching at them that they will vote to take away her right to have taxpayers fork cash over to kill the baby no man will ever give her, wander outside into a wall of mics and cameras and pause. Then they talk, and when what they say trashes Trump sufficiently, the smiles from the press come, and the nods, and then the faux respect. Now they are no longer mean old Rethuglicans but dauntless heroes, at least in Georgetown, because they are willing to dance and caper to the tune of the establishment.

This tsunami of baloney isn’t aimed at us. It’s aimed at them, the Republicans who are foolish enough to believe their new friends when they whisper words like “honor” and “patriotism.” Some of the marks are real patriots who fall prey to these liars when they couch their bogus narrative in national defense terms. But the majority of the marks are just morons.

When targeting the dummies, the goal is simple. Draw off enough weak, attention-addicted RINOs to make it impossible for the President to govern. Then, hopefully, us normals will shrug, and slink away, having relearned our place. After all, we’re deplorable.

And when the liberal establishment retakes power, and the mavericks and goody-goodies get tossed aside, the bureaucracy, media and the Democrats will conspire to ensure that no one can ever take their power from them again. But they haven’t considered the consequences. We’ll object.

So we have to fight against this cable network coup. Because, if we don’t fight now, we all may end up fighting later.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #5947 on: May 19, 2017, 04:47:02 AM »
Oh, Tom Wolfe, Hunter and Didion would shit all over today's left and liberals, especially the college types. Didion too old and rich and mothafuckin to bother.

They took gonzo and turned it into godzo." Nothing in news is objective except for my personal point of view. " That wasn't the point of that period.

posts like this really make the idea that you seriously think you're smart just that much more hilarious. i'm almost convinced your account is benji posting the dumbest copypastas he can find so he has something to banter with at this point

benjipwns

« Reply #5948 on: May 19, 2017, 06:51:03 AM »
i'm almost convinced your account is benji posting the dumbest copypastas he can find so he has something to banter with at this point
oh yeah? well i had sex with your wife!

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #5950 on: May 19, 2017, 07:50:09 AM »
sigh

another page derailed by ppl indulging in toilletards bullshit

A wise man told me don't argue with fools
‘Cause people from a distance can't tell who is who

He was wrong and on the internet. I absolve myself of all guilt.

I triggered benji. I am pretty sure that's an achievement nobody else has.
Nah. Triggered upset Benji becomes quite snippy. No playful verbosity there. I've caused seen it multiple times. :shh
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 08:06:41 AM by Rufus »

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #5952 on: May 19, 2017, 09:34:00 AM »
full circle: Bill O'Reilly: Roger Ailes endured hatred 'and it killed him. That is the truth.'

lol hasn't o'reilly authored a bunch of books? his writing is terrible

Having ghostwriters doesn't make you an author. He has books with his name on them. He didn't write any of them.
©ZH

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #5953 on: May 19, 2017, 09:53:55 AM »
I didn't buy into that. You just outed yourself as an idiot. Possible illiteracy. Possible learning disorder.

What do you buy into? Because it seems like the vast majority of your time is spent explaining various strains of far right movements, "just asking questions" about fake news, and wading into reddit style m'lady MRA stuff.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5954 on: May 19, 2017, 10:09:34 AM »
I trolled benji the best. It is known.

I trolled benji once by pretending to forget that Omarosa was the Season 2 champion of The Apprentice.
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #5957 on: May 19, 2017, 10:31:50 AM »

I trolled benji once by pretending to forget that Omarosa was the Season 2 champion of The Apprentice.

I think a lot of good could have been done if Trump gave Lil Jon a cabinet position

etiolate

« Reply #5959 on: May 19, 2017, 11:10:03 AM »
I didn't buy into that. You just outed yourself as an idiot. Possible illiteracy. Possible learning disorder.

What do you buy into? Because it seems like the vast majority of your time is spent explaining various strains of far right movements, "just asking questions" about fake news, and wading into reddit style m'lady MRA stuff.
(Image removed from quote.)

There's no point in discussing subjects with anyone here because they don't know how to discuss anything. It's all an effort to dogpile on me like it always has been here.

You're all incapable of discussion because I threaten you in some way. Normal reactions are not as irrational as everyone's here.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #5960 on: May 19, 2017, 11:27:57 AM »

There's no point in discussing subjects with anyone here because they don't know how to discuss anything. It's all an effort to dogpile on me like it always has been here.

You're all incapable of discussion because I threaten you in some way. Normal reactions are not as irrational as everyone's here.
Reactions are this way because you are presumptuous and arrogant. That's why you get dogpiled. Refer back to the topic you started on your first day back for the perfect example.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #5961 on: May 19, 2017, 11:30:11 AM »

Wow.
que

etiolate

« Reply #5962 on: May 19, 2017, 11:32:27 AM »

Reactions are this way because you are presumptuous and arrogant. That's why you get dogpiled. Refer back to the topic you started on your first day back for the perfect example.

That topic was that way because I got dogpiled for things that I ended up right on, so I told everyone to basically eat my ass. Also, if they wanted tips on understanding what I did then ask.

Explain to me why everyone is so obsessed with whether I'm smart or not.

agrajag

« Reply #5963 on: May 19, 2017, 11:33:11 AM »
No one has been treated as badly and unfairly.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #5964 on: May 19, 2017, 11:36:21 AM »

That topic was that way because I got dogpiled for things that I ended up right on, so I told everyone to basically eat my ass. Also, if they wanted tips on understanding what I did then ask.

That's what you think, yes. It should come as no surprise that kind of approach doesn't lead to amicable reactions.

Because you bring it up, while not actually displaying said superior intellect. Same reason I whipped out "post-irony" a couple times, shortly after you banged on about it.

etiolate

« Reply #5965 on: May 19, 2017, 11:36:48 AM »
Wonder how many times O'Reilly and Ailes had that awkward moment where they realized they were both trying to creepily seduce the same coworker?

etiolate

« Reply #5966 on: May 19, 2017, 11:38:29 AM »

That's what you think, yes. It should come as no surprise that kind of approach doesn't lead to amicable reactions.

Because you bring it up, while not actually displaying said superior intellect. Same reason I whipped out "post-irony" a couple times, shortly after you banged on about it.

I don't bring it up and when I do its in response to others. "You think you're so smart" are reactions I get to normal statements. You aren't aware about what's going on.

Also, this goes back beyond anything I've said. You don't know the history, but few really do.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #5967 on: May 19, 2017, 11:40:25 AM »
Pray tell, what is going on.

Is post-irony posting ironically?
Actually... I think that may be the most useful definition I've seen so far. :lol

etiolate

« Reply #5968 on: May 19, 2017, 11:41:12 AM »
Pray tell, what is going on.

Is post-irony posting ironically?
Actually... I think that may be the most useful definition I've seen so far. :lol

I will tell you in PM.

agrajag

« Reply #5969 on: May 19, 2017, 11:45:53 AM »
Etoilet is a very good man that's been treated very badly and unfairly by the failing Bore

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #5971 on: May 19, 2017, 11:48:20 AM »
Or maybe they've found someone with the most compatible values. :hitler

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5972 on: May 19, 2017, 12:55:56 PM »
i'm almost convinced your account is benji posting the dumbest copypastas he can find so he has something to banter with at this point
I don't get the benji hate.  Shit like this makes him so entertaining on this forum.  I also love when he replies to himself with sarcastic remarks.  Keep on keepin' on, benji.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #5973 on: May 19, 2017, 01:07:55 PM »
I always thought people were joking when they said they hated Benji. :confused
que

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #5974 on: May 19, 2017, 01:12:01 PM »
Wonder how many times O'Reilly and Ailes had that awkward moment where they realized they were both trying to creepily seduce the same coworker?

Real talk: they prob did some threesomes together. Or foursomes.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #5975 on: May 19, 2017, 01:31:54 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/19/politics/joe-biden-hillary-clinton/
Quote from: Joe Biden

"I never thought she was a great candidate. I thought I was a great candidate."...

"What happened was that this was the first campaign that I can recall where my party did not talk about what it always stood for -- and that was how to maintain a burgeoning middle class. You didn't hear a single solitary sentence in the last campaign about that guy working on the assembly line making $60,000 bucks a year and a wife making $32,000 as a hostess in restaurant."
:whew
que

FStop7

« Reply #5976 on: May 19, 2017, 02:18:10 PM »
YAS QUEEN brigade has a new public enemy #1.

But I'm not gonna let Joe entirely off the hook because he helped make it happen.  This was a trainwreck 8 years in the making and he was one of a very few people in a position to do something about it rather than let the debbie wasserman schultz band of idiots run things off the rails.

agrajag

« Reply #5977 on: May 19, 2017, 02:43:26 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/19/politics/joe-biden-hillary-clinton/
Quote from: Joe Biden

"I never thought she was a great candidate. I thought I was a great candidate."...

"What happened was that this was the first campaign that I can recall where my party did not talk about what it always stood for -- and that was how to maintain a burgeoning middle class. You didn't hear a single solitary sentence in the last campaign about that guy working on the assembly line making $60,000 bucks a year and a wife making $32,000 as a hostess in restaurant."
:whew

Why 's the man gotta be the factory worker and the woman be the hostess :doge

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #5978 on: May 19, 2017, 03:07:15 PM »
Female factory workers and male host clubs. :lawd
©@©™

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #5979 on: May 19, 2017, 03:23:09 PM »
I don't get the benji hate.  Shit like this makes him so entertaining on this forum.  I also love when he replies to himself with sarcastic remarks.  Keep on keepin' on, benji.

I didn't mean for benji to be collateral damage here, he's a gem <3

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #5980 on: May 19, 2017, 04:22:02 PM »
Like factory workers are making 60k right now ::)

FStop7

« Reply #5981 on: May 19, 2017, 05:01:15 PM »
That got me curious so I looked it up.  I guess the high end for an assembly line worker is around $53k and the low end is $30k.  Maybe union shops are higher. 

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #5982 on: May 19, 2017, 05:18:37 PM »
so a lot of stuff happened today, too
püp

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #5983 on: May 19, 2017, 05:20:09 PM »
so a lot of stuff happened today, too

I'm waiting for etoilet to tell me all about it
yar

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #5984 on: May 19, 2017, 05:40:28 PM »

* not seen, Snorenado in the trunk. 
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 05:45:16 PM by TheInfelicitousDandy »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #5985 on: May 19, 2017, 05:47:41 PM »
...a rapist tow-truck driver?

I don't get it.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #5986 on: May 19, 2017, 05:50:26 PM »
Before I noticed the "towing" business card thing, my first thought was "welp, definitely driving home on my own despite the 9 pints I just had".

Not that it makes it much better, mind.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #5987 on: May 19, 2017, 05:53:34 PM »

I don't get it.

As long as I drive the conversation, you'll be in the trunk. Sip another seven dollar ale Triumph and wonder why the face on the bottle is starting to resemble your own.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #5988 on: May 19, 2017, 05:54:46 PM »

Wait...I don't understand. They're trying to get you to not drink and drive by making getting a ride from someone look like a bad idea?
que

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #5989 on: May 19, 2017, 05:55:04 PM »
#deepcuts
yar

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #5990 on: May 19, 2017, 05:55:06 PM »
I'm glad we got rid of benji. He was crazy. A real nut job.

I'm not under moderation.
rub

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #5991 on: May 19, 2017, 05:55:08 PM »

I don't get it.

As long as I drive the conversation, you'll be in the trunk. Sip another seven dollar ale Triumph and wonder why the face on the bottle is starting to resemble your own.
Yes, yes, yes, but the actual campaign is confounding me. What the hell is the message here? You're drunk, so get it towed and hop in this guy's dirty rape-truck instead? What?

Oh wait, you had a minor crash, so now you have to get in this dirty rape-truck? Ah. That's seems awfully circuitous.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 05:59:18 PM by Rufus »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #5992 on: May 19, 2017, 06:00:02 PM »
Its a campaign targeted to drunks.  Doesn't need to make sense as long as it works.   

FStop7

« Reply #5993 on: May 19, 2017, 06:03:03 PM »

Anthony Bourdain's really let himself go.

On another note: Fox News just fired that tub of shit Bob Beckel for saying something racist to a black coworker.  This week keeps getting better.

Here's to hoping the talking thumb and the confused dog are next.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 06:09:51 PM by FStop7 »

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #5994 on: May 19, 2017, 06:47:22 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #5995 on: May 19, 2017, 07:42:58 PM »

SHE NEVER WON ANYTHING, AND KELLY WAS THAT SEASONS WINNER AND I just god you people don't know how to discuss anything

benjipwns

« Reply #5996 on: May 19, 2017, 07:44:28 PM »

SHE NEVER WON ANYTHING, AND KELLY WAS THAT SEASONS WINNER AND I just god you people don't know how to discuss anything
What do you mean "you people" :comeon

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #5997 on: May 19, 2017, 09:38:32 PM »
/r/the_donald just made itself private to protest reddit removing its mods :rofl

subredditdrama thread here
https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditDrama/comments/6c7utq/the_donald_has_gone_private_in_protest_of_their/

they tried to migrate to voat but the voat userbase hates them for not being racist enough: http://i.imgur.com/pF0yd4H.jpg
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 10:04:55 PM by recursivelyenumerable »
QED

« Reply #5998 on: May 19, 2017, 09:55:53 PM »
/r/the_donald just made itself private to protest reddit removing its mods :rofl

subredditdrama thread here https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditDrama/comments/6c7pvx/reddit_admins_remove_three_reddit_users_from/

they tried to migrate to voat but the voat userbase hates them for not being racist enough: http://i.imgur.com/pF0yd4H.jpg

lmao, this fucking owns.

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #5999 on: May 19, 2017, 09:58:46 PM »

You seriously need to write that Medium thinkpiece, dude.
QED