Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5450998 times)

kingv

Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| The Benji Memo
« Reply #15120 on: February 28, 2018, 11:21:15 AM »
The way he complains about people he appointed without taking any responsibility is embarrassing.

If he’s so damn bad, fire him.

agrajag

« Reply #15121 on: February 28, 2018, 11:27:17 AM »
he's just askin questions man

FStop7

« Reply #15122 on: February 28, 2018, 01:15:14 PM »
That Rubio tweet whining about those darn kids ruining his NRA party induced full body cringe.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #15123 on: February 28, 2018, 01:18:24 PM »
Dude who ran a campaign on the idea that Obama was deliberately trying to hurt and weaken the United States is now getting the feels that politics has become too mean-spirited.

Poor guy.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #15124 on: February 28, 2018, 01:29:11 PM »
Dude who ran a campaign on the idea that Obama was deliberately trying to hurt and weaken the United States is now getting the feels that politics has become too mean-spirited.

Poor guy.

He just needs to wait for Melania's cyberbullying initiative to take hold. Any day now....
©@©™

agrajag

« Reply #15125 on: February 28, 2018, 01:32:39 PM »
Little Marco... Trump was right?

:trumps

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #15126 on: February 28, 2018, 01:40:38 PM »

Poor guy.

Let's dispel with the myth that Barack Obama didn't know exactly what he was doing. Barack Obama knew exactly what he was doing.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15127 on: February 28, 2018, 02:19:02 PM »
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/968856971075051521

mrw my AG is a Deep State Daddy

This is so bizarre. Did he lose Sessions' phone number or something?  :doge
🤴

FStop7

« Reply #15128 on: February 28, 2018, 02:51:55 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/28/politics/meghan-mccain-cindy-mccain-trump-cpac/index.html

Quote from: CNN article on Meghan McCain
During a joint appearance with her mother on ABC's "The View," Meghan McCain said the moment made her feel "naïve" following a conversation she had with the President last fall.
The President and first lady Melania Trump called her, she said, in the wake of an Axios report that Trump mocked the Arizona senator's Vietnam War injuries.
"I had a really nice conversation with him and Melania and I really was under the impression this sort of fight between our families and between him and my father, especially at this particular moment would end. I understand the argument is he's talking about policy, and that's the attack, but it's still particularly hurtful, especially after I've had this conversation with him on the phone, to have this moment of booing at CPAC ... at this particular moment in time is incredibly hurtful and I feel, quite frankly, very naïve to have believed that this would be any different," she said.

:gurl :iface :picard  :ufup

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #15129 on: February 28, 2018, 02:53:51 PM »
lol
©@©™

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #15131 on: February 28, 2018, 03:22:31 PM »
Anyone want to summarize manafort stuff for me? What the charges are for etc. I presume it's over being a consultant for Yanakovich. As a Filipino I'd like to see him nailed for Marcos too but that might be a big ask because it looks bad on Reagan.
每天生气

« Reply #15132 on: February 28, 2018, 03:34:14 PM »
Anyone want to summarize manafort stuff for me? What the charges are for etc. I presume it's over being a consultant for Yanakovich. As a Filipino I'd like to see him nailed for Marcos too but that might be a big ask because it looks bad on Reagan.
Do you like your Manaforts crispy or extra crispy? :doge

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #15134 on: February 28, 2018, 03:58:19 PM »
Oh hey it's the ARG for Year Zero part 2. This would be funny if it wasn't so unsettling. :doge
Hi

kingv

« Reply #15136 on: February 28, 2018, 04:40:29 PM »
Hopefully she starts taking bookings.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #15137 on: February 28, 2018, 04:43:11 PM »
Balls deep state

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #15138 on: February 28, 2018, 05:18:06 PM »
“Number one, you can take the guns away immediately from people that you can adjudge easily are mentally ill, like this guy,” he told a bipartisan group of legislators durning a televised meeting.

The President was referring to Nikolas Cruz, who allegedly murdered 17 people during a Valentine’s Day mass shooting at Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida.

Vice President Mike Pence said later that “the focus is to literally give families and give local law enforcement additional tools if an individual is reported to be a potential danger to themselves or others.”

“Allow due process so no one’s rights are trampled but the ability to go to court, obtain an order and then collect not only the firearms but any weapons in the possession—”

Trump cut him off: “Or, Mike, take the firearms first and then go to court, because that’s another system.”

“Because a lot of times by the time you go to court, it takes so long to go to court, to get the due process procedures, I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida,” he continued. “He had a lot of firearms. They saw everything. To go to court would have taken a long time. So you could do exactly what you’re saying but take the guns first, go through due process second.”

Trump's new idea is to use the government to take people's guns. :neogaf
dog

agrajag

« Reply #15139 on: February 28, 2018, 05:18:08 PM »
Hope Hicks annihilated

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #15140 on: February 28, 2018, 05:19:07 PM »
“Number one, you can take the guns away immediately from people that you can adjudge easily are mentally ill, like this guy,” he told a bipartisan group of legislators durning a televised meeting.

The President was referring to Nikolas Cruz, who allegedly murdered 17 people during a Valentine’s Day mass shooting at Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida.

Vice President Mike Pence said later that “the focus is to literally give families and give local law enforcement additional tools if an individual is reported to be a potential danger to themselves or others.”

“Allow due process so no one’s rights are trampled but the ability to go to court, obtain an order and then collect not only the firearms but any weapons in the possession—”

Drumpf cut him off: “Or, Mike, take the firearms first and then go to court, because that’s another system.”

“Because a lot of times by the time you go to court, it takes so long to go to court, to get the due process procedures, I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida,” he continued. “He had a lot of firearms. They saw everything. To go to court would have taken a long time. So you could do exactly what you’re saying but take the guns first, go through due process second.”

Drumpf's new idea is to use the government to take people's guns. :neogaf
HITLER CONFIRMED
Hi

Nola

« Reply #15141 on: February 28, 2018, 05:27:51 PM »
We need our guns to protect us from the police state, we need our police state to protect us from the guns.

....if nothing else, Trump manages to distill modern conservatism down to its core essence.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15142 on: February 28, 2018, 05:31:14 PM »
https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/968949817874370560

Who's this person, what has he done with Donald Trump
🤴

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #15143 on: February 28, 2018, 05:38:11 PM »
dog

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #15144 on: February 28, 2018, 05:40:21 PM »
 :trumps

I'll laugh my ass off if proper gun control somehow happens under Trump

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15145 on: February 28, 2018, 05:53:09 PM »
Trump signs the guns away.
Guns confiscated. Murder rate drops, Trump receives Nobel Peace Prize.
Mueller drops investigation

*6 months later*

Russian paratroopers land in California

:putin
🤴

kingv

« Reply #15146 on: February 28, 2018, 06:22:47 PM »
NRA has been silent on Trumps remarks.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #15147 on: February 28, 2018, 06:26:10 PM »
They probably figure that they can wait for someone else to talk to him, and he'll be tweeting the opposite within a day.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #15149 on: February 28, 2018, 07:07:58 PM »
Has anyone even posted in this thread about how the head of the Veterans Administration was accepting improper gifts and lying to cover it up?

In the AP Coaches Fuckery Poll I'm not even sure that's ranked.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #15150 on: February 28, 2018, 07:13:50 PM »

Drumpf cut him off: “Or, Mike, take the firearms first and then go to court, because that’s another system.”

Drumpf's new idea is to use the government to take people's guns. :neogaf
HITLER CONFIRMED
TRUMPLER CONFIRMED
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #15151 on: February 28, 2018, 07:14:57 PM »
Has anyone even posted in this thread about how the head of the Veterans Administration was accepting improper gifts and lying to cover it up?

In the AP Coaches Fuckery Poll I'm not even sure that's ranked.

Just throw it on the pile with the HUD Secretary getting a $31,000 dining room set and the EPA chief hiring 24-hour security.
dog

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #15152 on: February 28, 2018, 07:29:25 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/28/us/politics/hope-hicks-resign-communications-director.html

Communications Director out.

Question: Will anyone outside of the White House/Journalist core notice?
que

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #15153 on: February 28, 2018, 07:37:08 PM »
Time for Mooch's triumphant return.
©@©™

agrajag

« Reply #15154 on: February 28, 2018, 08:42:43 PM »
Time for Mooch's triumphant return.

:mouf :phil

« Reply #15155 on: February 28, 2018, 10:56:48 PM »
You mean Mr. Cocaine?  :doge

Freyj

« Reply #15156 on: March 01, 2018, 12:23:33 AM »
Even with the average day being a shit show of new lows, this Delta Georgia stuff is absolutely wild.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #15157 on: March 01, 2018, 04:06:27 AM »
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-legal-case-for-striking-north-korea-first-1519862374
Quote from: John R. Bolton
Pre-emption opponents argue that action is not justified because Pyongyang does not constitute an “imminent threat.” They are wrong. The threat is imminent, and the case against pre-emption rests on the misinterpretation of a standard that derives from prenuclear, pre-ballistic-missile times.
:american

benjipwns

« Reply #15158 on: March 01, 2018, 07:54:05 AM »

okay, whose turn is it to have a talk with 18-29 year olds?

benjipwns

« Reply #15159 on: March 01, 2018, 07:57:52 AM »
15% of Democrats are honest about being traitors:

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #15160 on: March 01, 2018, 08:17:54 AM »
They probably figure that they can wait for someone else to talk to him, and he'll be tweeting the opposite within a day.
My gun forums are going crazy trying to figure out what level of chess Trump is playing.  "He knows nothing will pass so it's a ploy to take eyes off of DACA!" and anyone that dares to say he's a flimsy turd gets dog piled and called a communist.  It's incredibly entertaining (sad).

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #15161 on: March 01, 2018, 09:48:06 AM »
Trump signs the guns away.
Guns confiscated. Murder rate drops, Trump receives Nobel Peace Prize.
Mueller drops investigation

*6 months later*

Russian paratroopers land in California

:putin
©ZH

benjipwns

« Reply #15162 on: March 01, 2018, 10:05:24 AM »
My gun forums are going crazy trying to figure out what level of chess Trump is playing.  "He knows nothing will pass so it's a ploy to take eyes off of DACA!" and anyone that dares to say he's a flimsy turd gets dog piled and called a communist.  It's incredibly entertaining (sad).
Seems odd to have that kind of impression since Trump's never seemed like a hardcore gun guy anyway, he's from NYC and travels with bodyguards already, he used to be for varying degrees of gun control before he had to run in the GOP primaries and he did a bunch of bragging to the NRA, saying stuff like he maybe carries because he likes to be unpredictable. But he's never done dopey stuff like go out to a range or hunting with the media that I can recall that every other candidate does. Though I have seen his two sons doing that. Maybe in a strange twist Trump's just an actual normal gun owner instead of desperate to fake show off his bonafides. :lol

If he had a fully Democratic Congress, reaching YOOGE DEALS on some popular things/small assault weapon ban/etc. regarding guns and some kind of set of tweaks that "FIX" Obamacare would probably have been the two least surprising "moderate/liberal/left/whatever" compromises to me. (Other than trade stuff where he's a bit more in line with parts of the Democratic Party already.) His getting flakey about DACA and other stuff regarding immigration is probably way more surprising considering that wasn't one of this post-2011 policy shifts like he did on abortion and gay marriage most notably.

benjipwns

« Reply #15163 on: March 01, 2018, 10:21:10 AM »
the Bakers and others always said about Reagan that he didn't think in the abstract, probably because of like his whole life being fantasy, but if he met someone directly or heard a personal account of something that it could override his more dogmatic or instinctual worldviews which is why he'd go counter to them unexpectedly on policy sometimes

Trump seems to have at least a little bit of that aspect to him, plus the whole whatever someone he respects said last factor

that last part is why we need to keep John Bolton away from him permanently, and somehow get him off Fox too, give him an ambassadorship to somewhere nice

like the moon

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #15164 on: March 01, 2018, 10:28:27 AM »

Remember in his first month in office where he'd tweet about a company and their price would drop temporarily? Then Wall Street figured out "oh he just says shit sometimes."

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #15165 on: March 01, 2018, 10:35:01 AM »
They're all hung up on his verbal commitments to the NRA during the election.  A small minority on these boards were pointing out his history during the elections but they were shit on by everyone else and told that he was the savior of gun rights and real conservative America.  Keep in mind that these guys aren't applying any real logic to who they vote for in the Presidential elections.  They're the kind that use college intellectual with a straight face and every political loss is really an incredible win for Trump that the average person and lamestream media just don't understand... but nothing until now has really impacted firearm restrictions or legislation in a meaningful way so they're starting to turn and the boards seem to be separated into 3 groups:

1. He's a brilliant tactician!  Watch!
2. Oh no!  I'm starting to get worried...
3. I told you guys he was a populist pig

These are usually a paranoid bunch to begin with but these last couple of weeks I've never seen them whipped up into a frenzy like they are now, even under Obama.  Republicans are in control and seem to be on board with at least some form of legislation.  They're even railing against EO's out of fear but of course still blaming Obama for "setting the precedent" on those.  The only gun owners I know that don't seem to be freaking out are the ones that belong to my Liberal Gun Owners club.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #15166 on: March 01, 2018, 10:43:14 AM »

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #15167 on: March 01, 2018, 10:45:33 AM »

Remember in his first month in office where he'd tweet about a company and their price would drop temporarily? Then Wall Street figured out "oh he just says shit sometimes."
Exactly.  This is why I still don't believe anything will change (not that I don't think something should change).  Gun nuts - the kind who get 2nd amendment tattoos - have not seemed to learn that.  They've taken his ADD tweets and off hand comments as either a brilliant political ploy for reason X or his true intentions... depending on whether they're in favor of the comment or not.  But now that it actually relates to something they care about they're trying to figure out which and the paranoia has them leaning towards it being his true intention.

benjipwns

« Reply #15168 on: March 01, 2018, 11:52:57 AM »
Wow, it's shocking that yet again the entire problem stems from Barack Hussein Obama's Marxist-Sharia policies:
https://www.realclearinvestigations.com/articles/2018/02/28/obama_administration_school_discipline_policy_and_the_parkland_shooting.html
Despite committing a string of arrestable offenses on campus before the Florida school shooting, Nikolas Cruz was able to escape the attention of law enforcement, pass a background check and purchase the weapon he used to slaughter three school staff members and 14 fellow students because of Obama administration efforts to make school discipline more lenient.
To keep students in school and improve racial outcomes, Broward school Superintendent Robert W. Runcie – a Chicagoan and Harvard graduate with close ties to President Obama and his Education Department – signed an agreement with the county sheriff and other local jurisdictions to trade cops for counseling. Instead of the criminal justice system, students charged with various misdemeanors, including assault, were referred to counseling, which included participation in “healing circles,” obstacle courses and other “self-esteem building” exercises.

Asserting that minority students, in particular, were treated unfairly by traditional approaches to school discipline, Runcie’s goal was to slash arrests and ensure that students, no matter how delinquent, graduated without criminal records.
Runcie had been working closely with Obama Education Secretary Arne Duncan to radically reform school discipline policies, ever since landing the Broward job in 2011 using as a reference the name of the Cabinet member, his former boss in the Chicago school system.

In January 2014, Duncan’s department issued new discipline guidelines strongly recommending that schools use law enforcement measures and out-of-school suspensions as a last resort. Announced jointly by Duncan and then-Attorney General Eric Holder, the new procedures came as more than friendly guidance from Uncle Sam – they also came with threats of federal investigations and defunding for districts that refused to fully comply.
"Broward County adopted a lenient disciplinary policy similar to those adopted by many other districts under pressure from the Obama administration to reduce racial ‘disparities’ in suspensions and expulsions,” said Peter Kirsanow, a black conservative on the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights in Washington
At a press conference in 2015, Duncan described his “good friend” Runcie as courageous for implementing a “new system” to "keep kids in classrooms and out of courtrooms." “It’s difficult work,” the then-education secretary said, “challenging centuries of institutionalized racism and class inequality.”

Duncan noted that Runcie had partnered with a psychology professor named Phillip Goff, who has been working with both Broward educators and police officers to become more aware of their “implicit biases” toward minority children.

“Implicit bias exists in all of us,” Runcie said in late 2016, "and we have to be courageous enough to confront it if we are going to meet our goals.” District records reveal Runcie has been putting school leaders and school support personnel through intensive training in “implicit bias, black male success strategies [and] Courageous Conservations about Race."

In calling for weaker discipline standards, the Obama administration blamed previous decades' zero-tolerance policies against gangs and drugs in schools for disproportionately increasing the number of arrests, suspensions and expulsions of black and Hispanic students. It charged that racially biased teachers and administrators were meting out harsher punishments for minorities.

Nikolas Cruz’s rampage suggests the limits of this approach.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #15169 on: March 01, 2018, 12:18:53 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/01/politics/carson-dining-room-canceled/index.html

I mean, it doesn’t even have a picture of him and Jesus and a misspelled Bible verse in gold leaf, what are we even paying for?!
©@©™

kingv

« Reply #15170 on: March 01, 2018, 12:36:32 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/01/politics/carson-dining-room-canceled/index.html

I mean, it doesn’t even have a picture of him and Jesus and a misspelled Bible verse in gold leaf, what are we even paying for?!

“Give a man a house and he has somewhere to live, teach a man to fish and he can cook some fish in a trash can and live in a cardboard box”

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15171 on: March 01, 2018, 01:35:46 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)  (Image removed from quote.)

okay, whose turn is it to have a talk with 18-29 year olds?
What the Democrats completely missed because Bernie managed to persuade a few commies is that most young people are more conservative, individualistic and right wing than their parents.
The Democrats think that old people dying will make them bigger than the GOP but it will be the opposite.

They're all hung up on his verbal commitments to the NRA during the election.  A small minority on these boards were pointing out his history during the elections but they were shit on by everyone else and told that he was the savior of gun rights and real conservative America.  Keep in mind that these guys aren't applying any real logic to who they vote for in the Presidential elections.  They're the kind that use college intellectual with a straight face and every political loss is really an incredible win for Trump that the average person and lamestream media just don't understand... but nothing until now has really impacted firearm restrictions or legislation in a meaningful way so they're starting to turn and the boards seem to be separated into 3 groups:

1. He's a brilliant tactician!  Watch!
2. Oh no!  I'm starting to get worried...
3. I told you guys he was a populist pig

These are usually a paranoid bunch to begin with but these last couple of weeks I've never seen them whipped up into a frenzy like they are now, even under Obama.  Republicans are in control and seem to be on board with at least some form of legislation.  They're even railing against EO's out of fear but of course still blaming Obama for "setting the precedent" on those.  The only gun owners I know that don't seem to be freaking out are the ones that belong to my Liberal Gun Owners club.
Trump knows that in the end the choice will be between him and Warren or something and that it doesn't matter what he says the right will vote for him anyway.
All he needs to do is persuade a few of the independents with the Apprentice like TV ops where he looks smart and in control. Like, the people 'undecided' (actually, they've decided to go with Trump but they're simply too afraid to admit that).

No Republican is going to risk 'not' voting for Donald Trump because that's a highway to the commies taking over.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 01:42:24 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #15172 on: March 01, 2018, 01:42:03 PM »
most young people are more conservative, individualistic and right wing than their parents.
The Democrats think that old people dying will make them bigger than the GOP but it will be the opposite.

no

Tasty

« Reply #15173 on: March 01, 2018, 01:43:46 PM »
Gonna need a source on that one, lmao.

kingv

« Reply #15174 on: March 01, 2018, 01:44:52 PM »
This is where you’re being not an American betrays you.

Millennials are further left than even mainstream democrats, in my experience.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15175 on: March 01, 2018, 01:56:58 PM »
I think that a vocal minority is further left. However, there's a lot of people active who are surprisingly right wing.

Sure this is purely anecdotal but during the NeoGAF Clinton craze you had these threads with: "You are voting Clinton right? But what are your friends voting"
and even the most left wing communist had to admit, that his/her sister/friend/co-worker was in fact voting for the GOP.
I figured that if even on Hillary Campaign Central each of their vote is complemented with a vote the other side they were completely fucked.

I also notice a lot of young 'conservative' stars lately like Tomi Lahren. Shapiro, Peterson and other members of the league of evil get millions of YouTube views and those aren't all grandpa's watching.

There's a big group of new conservatives out there, including the Pepe's who are politically active.

Not to mention the Democrats seem to enjoy making themselves un-electable on a daily basis

No ResetEra true believer would ever vote for Diane if she's nice to Trump. However, most conservatives are perfectly fine with voting for Trump no matter what he does and he has already proven that. 

Bernie ran on the left youth vote and he lost because they didn't show.
🤴

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #15176 on: March 01, 2018, 01:58:36 PM »
is this the shit that goes on in the other forum thread?

jesus

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #15177 on: March 01, 2018, 02:11:03 PM »
*joke about Roy Moore aggressively courting the youth vote*

kingv

« Reply #15178 on: March 01, 2018, 02:20:09 PM »
I live in a state that went 60%+ for Trump.

I am telling you that people under 35 typically don’t like him very much. Even here. Where every congressman is a Republican and Every Senator.

The only people that are under 35 that are willing to say they support trump are basically bible thumping home schooler types.

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
« Reply #15179 on: March 01, 2018, 02:27:24 PM »
not sure if nintex can go a week without mentioning communists
bent