Author Topic: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| America: A Yum! Brands affiliate  (Read 871667 times)

shosta

• just a thought
Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| America: A Yum! Brands affiliate
« Reply #34261 on: February 14, 2019, 02:31:34 AM »
HALP!

benjipwns

« Reply #34262 on: February 14, 2019, 02:41:34 AM »
going after the crucial Great Rumbler vote
meowr

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
Hi

HardcoreRetro

• DIGITAL MAN
« Reply #34264 on: February 14, 2019, 04:57:54 AM »
They should install a President Simulator so he can learn not to act like a massive shithead. Or just give him Tropico 6 instead.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
Hi

KennyLoggins

« Reply #34266 on: February 14, 2019, 06:11:54 AM »
So I guess he's not going to announce his presidential run anytime soon? :(

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #34267 on: February 14, 2019, 06:46:53 AM »
 :taylor

Attention hogger turns out to be kind of a pompous douche bag ?
ὕβρις

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #34268 on: February 14, 2019, 09:37:32 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Man, I can't believe that Dems were actually worried about this guy
dog

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #34269 on: February 14, 2019, 09:39:21 AM »
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/fox-news-rejects-national-ad-oscar-nominated-anti-nazi-documentary-1186379

"The film shines a light on a time when thousands of Americans fell under the spell of a demagogue who attacked the press and scapegoated minorities using the symbols of American patriotism," Night at the Garden director Marshall Curry said in a statement to THR.

He added, "It’s amazing to me that the CEO of Fox News would personally inject herself into a small ad buy just to make sure that Hannity viewers weren’t exposed to this chapter of American history.”

©ZH

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #34270 on: February 14, 2019, 10:58:08 AM »
So I guess he's not going to announce his presidential run anytime soon? :(

I dunno, seems like the perfect time to me.
©@©™

shosta

• just a thought
HALP!

Nintex

• <(^_^)>
« Reply #34272 on: February 14, 2019, 02:11:26 PM »
https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1096021932477157378

FBI tries to overthrow the President.

Perfectly normal.  :doge
dutch

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #34274 on: February 14, 2019, 02:32:28 PM »
Amazon picking up their ball and going home because some politicians pushed back at the idea of them getting $3 billion just to continue conducting their normal business operations. :neogaf
dog

shosta

• just a thought
« Reply #34275 on: February 14, 2019, 02:37:28 PM »
time to put hq2 in sacramento :rejoice
HALP!

Nintex

• <(^_^)>
« Reply #34276 on: February 14, 2019, 02:37:41 PM »
Amazone'd: The Rise and Fall of Jeff Bezos

Release: Fall 2019
dutch

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #34278 on: February 14, 2019, 03:21:46 PM »
WaPo op-ed section has two never-Trump conservatives (Max Boot, George Will) explaining how the Green New Deal is the left equivalent of Trump-style politics. Will, IIRC, was one of those "global warming stopped in 1998" guys.

Nintex

• <(^_^)>
dutch

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #34280 on: February 14, 2019, 03:36:19 PM »
WaPo op-ed section has two never-Trump conservatives (Max Boot, George Will) explaining how the Green New Deal is the left equivalent of Trump-style politics. Will, IIRC, was one of those "global warming stopped in 1998" guys.

Everytime George Will came up in those Ken Burns Roosevelt documentaries I rolled my eyes.
püp

agrajag

• ain't
« Reply #34281 on: February 14, 2019, 03:42:47 PM »
lmao Trump is gonna try to push the national emergency.

Chill bro, I've seen the way contractors work. Your wall is decades out.
slick

shosta

• just a thought
« Reply #34282 on: February 14, 2019, 03:44:35 PM »
I guess there's been an emergency happening on the Rio Grande for 400 years and I just never knew about it
HALP!

Cindi Mayweather

• The answer lies in the heart of battle
« Reply #34283 on: February 14, 2019, 03:45:03 PM »
National emergency. Get fucked Trump. Mexican's ain't coming to kill Tejanos. How does this help Americans?

shosta

• just a thought
« Reply #34284 on: February 14, 2019, 03:46:31 PM »
Cindi, I need some on the ground facts. Has the Karavan burned Houston down yet? How many survivors? Is this more or less tragic than the Alamo?
HALP!

filler

• (((Love you guys )))
« Reply #34285 on: February 14, 2019, 03:47:37 PM »
been to any pool halls lately, cindi?  :-[
rahx

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #34286 on: February 14, 2019, 03:49:37 PM »
National emergency. Get fucked Trump. Mexican's ain't coming to kill Tejanos. How does this help Americans?

I mean, it doesn't. The whole thing is based around white people getting shook because the demographics in America are changing and migration across the southern border is a big part of that. Of course, it's already too late for Texas, where non-Hispanic whites will soon be [or have already been] passed up by Latinos/Hispanics.
dog

Cindi Mayweather

« Reply #34287 on: February 14, 2019, 03:53:30 PM »
Cindi, I need some on the ground facts. Has the Karavan burned Houston down yet? How many survivors? Is this more or less tragic than the Alamo?

Yeah man, I'm typing this while my entrails hang out from a Mexican stabbing me in the gut.

He came up to me and I said,"now you look here, Mexican. We don't do that here in blue bonnet land" and he unflinchingly thrust his piece into me.

:tauntaun

filler

• (((Love you guys )))
« Reply #34288 on: February 14, 2019, 03:58:31 PM »

:heart :heart :heart :noah
rahx

shosta

• just a thought
« Reply #34289 on: February 14, 2019, 03:58:49 PM »
HALP!

agrajag

• ain't
« Reply #34290 on: February 14, 2019, 03:59:24 PM »
whoever is next after Trump can just cancel the emergency and the wall is gonna be only 0.5% complete

:trumps
slick

Nintex

• <(^_^)>
« Reply #34291 on: February 14, 2019, 04:02:30 PM »
Now watch it be a wall made out of concrete, across the entire US Mexico border named "TRUMP WALL" because no one else helped him out getting it done.
The US will ironically construct a lasting monument to the Trump era using disaster relief funds.
dutch

Cindi Mayweather

« Reply #34292 on: February 14, 2019, 04:02:50 PM »

I mean, it doesn't. The whole thing is based around white people getting shook because the demographics in America are changing and migration across the southern border is a big part of that. Of course, it's already too late for Texas, where non-Hispanic whites will soon be [or have already been] passed up by Latinos/Hispanics.

Every nation has a right to sovereignty and borders. But when you dress it up as a racial issue that's when I disagree. Building a wall is fine. We've done it before. Illegal immigration isn't exactly chocolate and rainbows and I don't support it. At the same time, the need for it this is also completely overstated. El Paso, one of the main cities in this mess, is completely absolved from the fear mongering due to its lower than average population index crime rate and yet this racialized fear mongering continues. Be against illegal immigration all you want, but national emergency? Using funds for helping Ameriacan in time of need? What kind of fuckery is this? Does Trump really think this will be a popular move?

This man has got to go.

agrajag

• ain't
« Reply #34293 on: February 14, 2019, 04:03:34 PM »
Now watch it be a wall made out of concrete, across the entire US Mexico border named "TRUMP WALL" because no one else helped him out getting it done.
The US will ironically construct a lasting monument to the Trump era using disaster relief funds.

E.T.A. twenty to thirty years
slick

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #34294 on: February 14, 2019, 04:09:00 PM »

so thirsty to see your boy trump get a win

Cindi Mayweather

« Reply #34295 on: February 14, 2019, 04:10:25 PM »
What in the ever living fuck.

I still can't believe he's finally gone full Nero.

KennyLoggins

« Reply #34296 on: February 14, 2019, 04:17:33 PM »
WELL ACKCHYUALLY,  Nero was probably not as bad as Suetonius  and Tacitus made it appear  :esports

Stro

« Reply #34297 on: February 14, 2019, 04:41:31 PM »
This just makes Trump look even worse, because why didn't he just do this when he brought it up the first time and prevented the first shut down from happening to begin with?

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #34298 on: February 14, 2019, 04:47:45 PM »
The silver lining of the shutdown and emergency declaration is pundits scrapping 90% of the "Will we see a new, conciliatory Trump ready to work with Democrats?" pieces they had in the works.

Nintex

• <(^_^)>
« Reply #34299 on: February 14, 2019, 05:01:20 PM »
The silver lining of the shutdown and emergency declaration is pundits scrapping 90% of the "Will we see a new, conciliatory Trump ready to work with Democrats?" pieces they had in the works.
"Funding bill and national emergency give Trump and Democrats a clean slate to work together!"
JOHN BOOT - Trump and the Democrats can finally bury their battle axes (sorry Warren!) now that the migration issue has been solved. It is true that Trump has used near dictatorial powers to build his promised border wall, however this means that the issue of migration that has kept Washington in gridlock is finally off the table and Trump and the Democrats can start working together in earnest! The White House already signaled this week that it was ready to work with house Democrats to advance a common agenda. "After the Green Deal Drama and the Wall we can finally move on with priorities that matter to the American people." a person in the administration texted us. "Next week is infrastructure , all infrastructure . It's going to be great to watch the parties work together to make america great again just you wait.". Democrats we spoke to were not ready to celebrate just yet but they see steps towards compromise. "If the President is serious about infrastructure there is certainly common ground for us there" Chuck Schumer told our reporter.

dutch

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #34300 on: February 14, 2019, 05:35:50 PM »
what in gods name wills you into posting shit like that
püp

filler

• (((Love you guys )))
« Reply #34301 on: February 14, 2019, 05:44:30 PM »
 :lol
rahx

Nola

« Reply #34302 on: February 14, 2019, 06:02:15 PM »
whoever is next after Trump can just cancel the emergency and the wall is gonna be only 0.5% complete

Yeah I think it was NYT Daily or some other random podcast I was listening to on my commute that was basically laying out about how absurd a lot of this national emergency declaration is.

So you are going to use the immediacy powers of a national emergency declaration to.....get bogged down in weeks, months, and years worth of bureaucratic wrangling and litigation over eminent domain claims?

agrajag

• ain't
« Reply #34303 on: February 14, 2019, 06:19:56 PM »

Yeah I think it was NYT Daily or some other random podcast I was listening to on my commute that was basically laying out about how absurd a lot of this national emergency declaration is.

So you are going to use the immediacy powers of a national emergency declaration to.....get bogged down in weeks, months, and years worth of bureaucratic wrangling and litigation over eminent domain claims?

it's all a farce. Whatever logistics prevent the wall from actually being feasible don't matter at all here. All he cares about is that he "kept his campaign promise to his base" and Nintex. Placating his base, like Nintex here, is all that matters.

People fall that garbage. hook, line qnd sinker. I hear randos all the time saying stuff like "you gotta hand it to the President, he's doing exactly what he said he would do."
slick

shosta

• just a thought
« Reply #34304 on: February 14, 2019, 06:26:32 PM »
People fall that garbage. hook, line qnd sinker. I hear randos all the time saying stuff like "you gotta hand it to the President, he's doing exactly what he said he would do."
And after he fulfilled practically all of his other campaign promises, too.
:goty2

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't really understand how I've committed to memory all my worst posts.
HALP!

Nintex

• <(^_^)>
« Reply #34305 on: February 14, 2019, 06:41:21 PM »
Trump is an expert not in doing the things he said he'd do but making it look like he did the things he said he'd do.

In some cases his administration even forgets things they started such as the Kushner Middle East peace plan, joint cyber intelligence unit with Russia or making Kellyanne the czar to combat the opioid crisis. 
Somewhere out there in Brussels an EU trade delegation is waiting for Trump to remember that they were supposed to make a deal on car tariffs and military planners are still waiting on the official word on the postponed parade.

The boycot on Qatar will probably not be lifted until the next President.
dutch

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #34306 on: February 14, 2019, 08:54:54 PM »
Trump is an expert not in doing the things he said he'd do but making it look like he did the things he said he'd do.

The weird thing with Trump is that he's actually doing what he was elected to do.

The only thing of his insane ramblings Trump didn't do was re-invade Iraq to take their oil and lock up Hillary Clinton.
Everything else, for better for worse turned into policies, executive orders and laws.

:derp

shosta

• just a thought
« Reply #34307 on: February 14, 2019, 11:53:27 PM »
Didn't notice this:

The $1.4 billion in border barrier funding is well below the $5.7 billion that Trump sought in negotiations. Beyond that, the legislation limits the type of border barriers the administration may erect to already-deployed designs, which means Trump can’t use any of the border wall prototypes his administration built in the San Diego area.

Nice.
HALP!

kingv

« Reply #34308 on: February 15, 2019, 12:47:32 AM »
The national emergency thing is super dumb and in all likelihood will be tied up in courts forever.

There is A huge hole in his national emergency argument around the definition of “national defense structures around whether or not the wall is even able to be built under emergency powers.

The answer is probably no.

Dufus

• Harvester of Likes
« Reply #34309 on: February 15, 2019, 05:26:02 AM »
I love how Trump is trying to convince his base the wall is being built but no one believes him, even though his base believes in so much other bullshit.

Trump is never going to get his wall. :rejoice

Nola

« Reply #34313 on: February 15, 2019, 12:15:09 PM »
I love how Trump is trying to convince his base the wall is being built but no one believes him, even though his base believes in so much other bullshit.

Trump is never going to get his wall. :rejoice
Yeah, I feel like we are just cycling through a never ending series of obviously contradictory narratives that his base clearly has no interest in confronting. Likely because(totally original hot take alert) it's not really about the wall but the cult of personality, fascist comfort of his rhetoric, and the underlying racial animus that his base is in it for.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/968850364383596545

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1075732375169060869

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1076569051768516608

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1088430717611245571

Cindi Mayweather

« Reply #34314 on: February 15, 2019, 12:17:27 PM »
:sabu

shosta

• just a thought
« Reply #34315 on: February 15, 2019, 12:44:09 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/virgiltexas/status/1096189852117278721

I want to see Matt Christman at the debates so bad. Hellworld.
HALP!

Brehvolution

« Reply #34316 on: February 15, 2019, 12:51:02 PM »
What the hell happened to trump between 12/20/18 and the tweet on 12/22/18 besides being the biggest dumbass?
©ZH

shosta

• just a thought
HALP!

Nintex

• <(^_^)>
« Reply #34319 on: February 15, 2019, 01:24:31 PM »
https://twitter.com/VicBergerIV/status/1096446610375143424

:lol :lol :lol

Note: This footage was not editted in any way by Vic Berger.

Trump reviews the conservative media

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1096447847698882560

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1096444019746398208

:dead

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Absolute B E A S T M O D E
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 01:30:21 PM by Nintex »
dutch