Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5389920 times)

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| America: A Yum! Brands affiliate
« Reply #31560 on: February 14, 2019, 03:58:49 PM »
每天生气

agrajag

« Reply #31561 on: February 14, 2019, 03:59:24 PM »
whoever is next after Trump can just cancel the emergency and the wall is gonna be only 0.5% complete

:trumps

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31562 on: February 14, 2019, 04:02:30 PM »
Now watch it be a wall made out of concrete, across the entire US Mexico border named "TRUMP WALL" because no one else helped him out getting it done.
The US will ironically construct a lasting monument to the Trump era using disaster relief funds.
🤴

Himu

« Reply #31563 on: February 14, 2019, 04:02:50 PM »
National emergency. Get fucked Trump. Mexican's ain't coming to kill Tejanos. How does this help Americans?

I mean, it doesn't. The whole thing is based around white people getting shook because the demographics in America are changing and migration across the southern border is a big part of that. Of course, it's already too late for Texas, where non-Hispanic whites will soon be [or have already been] passed up by Latinos/Hispanics.

Every nation has a right to sovereignty and borders. But when you dress it up as a racial issue that's when I disagree. Building a wall is fine. We've done it before. Illegal immigration isn't exactly chocolate and rainbows and I don't support it. At the same time, the need for it this is also completely overstated. El Paso, one of the main cities in this mess, is completely absolved from the fear mongering due to its lower than average population index crime rate and yet this racialized fear mongering continues. Be against illegal immigration all you want, but national emergency? Using funds for helping Ameriacan in time of need? What kind of fuckery is this? Does Trump really think this will be a popular move?

This man has got to go.

IYKYK

agrajag

« Reply #31564 on: February 14, 2019, 04:03:34 PM »
Now watch it be a wall made out of concrete, across the entire US Mexico border named "TRUMP WALL" because no one else helped him out getting it done.
The US will ironically construct a lasting monument to the Trump era using disaster relief funds.

E.T.A. twenty to thirty years

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #31565 on: February 14, 2019, 04:09:00 PM »

so thirsty to see your boy trump get a win

Himu

« Reply #31566 on: February 14, 2019, 04:10:25 PM »
What in the ever living fuck.

I still can't believe he's finally gone full Nero.
IYKYK

BisMarckie

« Reply #31567 on: February 14, 2019, 04:17:33 PM »
WELL ACKCHYUALLY,  Nero was probably not as bad as Suetonius  and Tacitus made it appear  :esports

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #31568 on: February 14, 2019, 04:47:45 PM »
The silver lining of the shutdown and emergency declaration is pundits scrapping 90% of the "Will we see a new, conciliatory Trump ready to work with Democrats?" pieces they had in the works.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31569 on: February 14, 2019, 05:01:20 PM »
The silver lining of the shutdown and emergency declaration is pundits scrapping 90% of the "Will we see a new, conciliatory Trump ready to work with Democrats?" pieces they had in the works.
"Funding bill and national emergency give Trump and Democrats a clean slate to work together!"
JOHN BOOT - Trump and the Democrats can finally bury their battle axes (sorry Warren!) now that the migration issue has been solved. It is true that Trump has used near dictatorial powers to build his promised border wall, however this means that the issue of migration that has kept Washington in gridlock is finally off the table and Trump and the Democrats can start working together in earnest! The White House already signaled this week that it was ready to work with house Democrats to advance a common agenda. "After the Green Deal Drama and the Wall we can finally move on with priorities that matter to the American people." a person in the administration texted us. "Next week is infrastructure , all infrastructure . It's going to be great to watch the parties work together to make america great again just you wait.". Democrats we spoke to were not ready to celebrate just yet but they see steps towards compromise. "If the President is serious about infrastructure there is certainly common ground for us there" Chuck Schumer told our reporter.

🤴

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #31570 on: February 14, 2019, 05:35:50 PM »
what in gods name wills you into posting shit like that
püp

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #31571 on: February 14, 2019, 05:44:30 PM »
 :lol

Nola

« Reply #31572 on: February 14, 2019, 06:02:15 PM »
whoever is next after Trump can just cancel the emergency and the wall is gonna be only 0.5% complete

Yeah I think it was NYT Daily or some other random podcast I was listening to on my commute that was basically laying out about how absurd a lot of this national emergency declaration is.

So you are going to use the immediacy powers of a national emergency declaration to.....get bogged down in weeks, months, and years worth of bureaucratic wrangling and litigation over eminent domain claims?

agrajag

« Reply #31573 on: February 14, 2019, 06:19:56 PM »

Yeah I think it was NYT Daily or some other random podcast I was listening to on my commute that was basically laying out about how absurd a lot of this national emergency declaration is.

So you are going to use the immediacy powers of a national emergency declaration to.....get bogged down in weeks, months, and years worth of bureaucratic wrangling and litigation over eminent domain claims?

it's all a farce. Whatever logistics prevent the wall from actually being feasible don't matter at all here. All he cares about is that he "kept his campaign promise to his base" and Nintex. Placating his base, like Nintex here, is all that matters.

People fall that garbage. hook, line qnd sinker. I hear randos all the time saying stuff like "you gotta hand it to the President, he's doing exactly what he said he would do."

shosta

« Reply #31574 on: February 14, 2019, 06:26:32 PM »
People fall that garbage. hook, line qnd sinker. I hear randos all the time saying stuff like "you gotta hand it to the President, he's doing exactly what he said he would do."
And after he fulfilled practically all of his other campaign promises, too.
:goty2

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't really understand how I've committed to memory all my worst posts.
[close]
每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31575 on: February 14, 2019, 06:41:21 PM »
Trump is an expert not in doing the things he said he'd do but making it look like he did the things he said he'd do.

In some cases his administration even forgets things they started such as the Kushner Middle East peace plan, joint cyber intelligence unit with Russia or making Kellyanne the czar to combat the opioid crisis. 
Somewhere out there in Brussels an EU trade delegation is waiting for Trump to remember that they were supposed to make a deal on car tariffs and military planners are still waiting on the official word on the postponed parade.

The boycot on Qatar will probably not be lifted until the next President.
🤴

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #31576 on: February 14, 2019, 08:54:54 PM »
Trump is an expert not in doing the things he said he'd do but making it look like he did the things he said he'd do.

The weird thing with Trump is that he's actually doing what he was elected to do.

The only thing of his insane ramblings Trump didn't do was re-invade Iraq to take their oil and lock up Hillary Clinton.
Everything else, for better for worse turned into policies, executive orders and laws.

:derp

shosta

« Reply #31577 on: February 14, 2019, 11:53:27 PM »
Didn't notice this:

The $1.4 billion in border barrier funding is well below the $5.7 billion that Trump sought in negotiations. Beyond that, the legislation limits the type of border barriers the administration may erect to already-deployed designs, which means Trump can’t use any of the border wall prototypes his administration built in the San Diego area.

Nice.
每天生气

kingv

« Reply #31578 on: February 15, 2019, 12:47:32 AM »
The national emergency thing is super dumb and in all likelihood will be tied up in courts forever.

There is A huge hole in his national emergency argument around the definition of “national defense structures around whether or not the wall is even able to be built under emergency powers.

The answer is probably no.

Nola

« Reply #31581 on: February 15, 2019, 12:15:09 PM »
I love how Trump is trying to convince his base the wall is being built but no one believes him, even though his base believes in so much other bullshit.

Trump is never going to get his wall. :rejoice
Yeah, I feel like we are just cycling through a never ending series of obviously contradictory narratives that his base clearly has no interest in confronting. Likely because(totally original hot take alert) it's not really about the wall but the cult of personality, fascist comfort of his rhetoric, and the underlying racial animus that his base is in it for.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/968850364383596545

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1075732375169060869

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1076569051768516608

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1088430717611245571

Himu

« Reply #31582 on: February 15, 2019, 12:17:27 PM »
:sabu
IYKYK

shosta

« Reply #31583 on: February 15, 2019, 12:44:09 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/virgiltexas/status/1096189852117278721

I want to see Matt Christman at the debates so bad. Hellworld.
每天生气

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #31584 on: February 15, 2019, 12:51:02 PM »
What the hell happened to trump between 12/20/18 and the tweet on 12/22/18 besides being the biggest dumbass?
©ZH

shosta

每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31587 on: February 15, 2019, 01:24:31 PM »
https://twitter.com/VicBergerIV/status/1096446610375143424

:lol :lol :lol

Note: This footage was not editted in any way by Vic Berger.

Trump reviews the conservative media

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1096447847698882560

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1096444019746398208

:dead

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Absolute B E A S T M O D E
[close]
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 01:30:21 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Himu

« Reply #31588 on: February 15, 2019, 01:55:26 PM »
Thanks for not campaigning is Wisconsin, Hilary.
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 02:14:34 PM by Nintex »
🤴

kingv

« Reply #31590 on: February 15, 2019, 02:18:19 PM »
Looking into the future here is what will happen.

1) trump will eventually win over th question of whether or not he can call this a national emergency
2) at the same time, trump will lose over whether or not he gets to call the “wall” a “military construction project”

Everyone will claim victory. Trump will stretch that 1.5 billion to build the wall at 10 feet per month and constantly tweet about how the wall is being built, but he will lie about how quickly.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #31591 on: February 15, 2019, 02:28:46 PM »
thanks for rigging the primary, DNC!

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #31592 on: February 15, 2019, 02:42:06 PM »
thanks for rigging the primary, DNC! (Image removed from quote.)

Thanks for attacking Bernie Sanders because you hate men, neogaf posters
:O

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #31593 on: February 15, 2019, 02:44:53 PM »
"He got outmaneuvered by Debbie Wasserman-Schultz" is the most insulting thing anyone's ever said about Bernie Sanders.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #31594 on: February 15, 2019, 02:49:11 PM »
 ::)

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #31595 on: February 15, 2019, 03:16:59 PM »
Jeremy Corbyn has had roughly 20 times the shit flung at him and he's actually won his party leadership struggles

shosta

« Reply #31596 on: February 15, 2019, 03:33:38 PM »
e: why do any of you still not have me on ignore
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 03:45:42 PM by shosta »
每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31597 on: February 15, 2019, 03:35:47 PM »
Jeremy Corbyn vs. Donald Trump is some sort of Batman v Superman match-up.
🤴

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #31598 on: February 15, 2019, 03:46:24 PM »
He didn't win his party leadership struggles, he lost a no confidence vote by a staggering margin and still said "fuck all of you, I'm not budging".

...and then went on to win the party leadership election.

edit: preserved for shosta's self-owning.

shosta

« Reply #31599 on: February 15, 2019, 03:47:33 PM »
Not even mad, I deserve it. But you have to at least like my post about Matt Christman.
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #31600 on: February 15, 2019, 04:23:08 PM »
stacey abrams was really outmaneuvered by brain kemp!

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #31601 on: February 15, 2019, 04:23:08 PM »
why are all these Democrats running for President instead of allowing Hillary to run for her second term? :thinking

Boredfrom

« Reply #31602 on: February 15, 2019, 04:34:45 PM »
Jeremy Corbyn has had roughly 20 times the shit flung at him and he's actually won his party leadership struggles

Given the state of politics in the UK, I don’t feel is something to brag about...

benjipwns

« Reply #31603 on: February 15, 2019, 04:42:19 PM »
Quote from: Current "National Emergencies"
Blocking Iranian Government Property
Proliferation of Weapons of Mass Destruction
Prohibiting Transactions With Terrorists Who Threaten To Disrupt the Middle East Peace Process
Prohibiting Certain Transactions with Respect to the Development of Iranian Petroleum Resources
Blocking Assets and Prohibiting Transactions with Significant Narcotics Traffickers
Declaration of a National Emergency and Invocation of Emergency Authority Relating to the Regulation of the Anchorage and Movement of Vessels
Blocking Sudanese Government Property and Prohibiting Transactions With Sudan
Blocking Property of Persons Who Threaten International Stabilization Efforts in the Western Balkans
Continuation of Export Control Regulations
Declaration of National Emergency by Reason of Certain Terrorist Attacks
Blocking Property and Prohibiting Transactions With Persons Who Commit, Threaten To Commit, or Support Terrorism
Blocking Property of Persons Undermining Democratic Processes or Institutions in Zimbabwe
Protecting the Development Fund for Iraq and Certain Other Property in Which Iraq Has an Interest
Blocking Property of Certain Persons and Prohibiting the Export of Certain Goods to Syria
Blocking Property of Certain Persons Undermining Democratic Processes or Institutions in Belarus
Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Conflict in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
Blocking Property of Persons Undermining the Sovereignty of Lebanon or Its Democratic Processes and Institutions
Continuing Certain Restrictions With Respect to North Korea and North Korean Nationals
Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Conflict in Somalia
Blocking Property and Prohibiting Certain Transactions Related to Libya
Blocking Property of Transnational Criminal Organizations
Blocking Property of Persons Threatening the Peace, Security, or Stability of Yemen
Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Ukraine
Blocking Property of Certain Persons With Respect to South Sudan
Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Conflict in the Central African Republic
Blocking Property and Suspending Entry of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Venezuela
Blocking the Property of Certain Persons Engaging in Significant Malicious Cyber-Enabled Activities
Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Burundi
Blocking the Property of Persons Involved in Serious Human Rights Abuse or Corruption
Imposing Certain Sanctions in the Event of Foreign Interference in a United States Election
Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Nicaragua
Declaring a National Emergency Concerning the Southern Border of the United States
Yeah, maybe it's a good thing to draw some attention to how this power grant by Congress is being used. :doge

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #31604 on: February 15, 2019, 04:45:01 PM »
Declaration of National Emergency by Reason of Certain Terrorist Attacks

You know the ones.
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #31605 on: February 15, 2019, 04:48:28 PM »
One of the never terminated ones that led to the 1976 Act is when Nixon declared a national emergency in 1970 in response to a wildcat strike by postal workers: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._postal_strike_of_1970

Nola

« Reply #31606 on: February 15, 2019, 04:58:39 PM »
I saw a more detailed list earlier, and while some are perhaps questionable, it's pretty clear that Trump's use, coupled with his public admissions of it not being any sort of emergency at all, is far outside the realm of it's established use and that McConnell for once is probably right that a court ruling in Trump's favor opens the door for Democrat's to use it on all manner of issues.

benjipwns

« Reply #31607 on: February 15, 2019, 05:10:56 PM »
while some are perhaps questionable
They pretty much all are. No President or Congress should be renewing annually a "national emergency" regarding a defunct oil company's attempt at a business deal with Iran in 1995: https://www.nytimes.com/1995/03/15/us/oil-concern-ends-a-deal-with-iran-as-president-acts.html
A big American oil company said today that it would not proceed with its agreement to develop two large offshore oilfields for Iran after the White House announced that President Clinton would issue a directive barring all such transactions.

The step by Conoco Inc. ended an energy deal that would have been the first involving Iran and the United States since Washington severed relations with Teheran in 1980. It came after eight days of debate within the Administration about how and whether to block an agreement that top deputies to Mr. Clinton acknowledged was legal but said could undermine American efforts to isolate Iran.

In announcing Mr. Clinton's decision this morning to block such oil-development agreements, the White House said the President was trying to set an example for American allies and was also trying to prevent Iran from accumulating wealth that could make it more dangerous to its neighbors.

"We need to send a clear and unequivocal message," Michael D. McCurry, the White House spokesman, said. "There cannot be normal relations until Iran's unacceptable behavior changes."

It's not like it's a power that they aren't aware they can clean up. Both Clinton and Obama issued and withdrew "national emergencies" (for Haiti and H1N1) during the same year. Bush and Obama both terminated "national emergencies" relating to countries that weren't problems or didn't exist anymore (Yugoslavia, Sierra Leone, Cote d'Ivoire) and Obama even cancelled a nearly 20 year old one against Burma (Myanmar).
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 05:15:42 PM by benjipwns »

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #31608 on: February 15, 2019, 05:13:11 PM »
Trump: I'm gonna build a big fuckin' monument to racism!

Neurotypicals: Hm I don't like the sound of that.

liberatarians: Guys this is a great opportunity to talk about the real issue... procedural minutiae!

benjipwns

« Reply #31609 on: February 15, 2019, 05:18:17 PM »

liberatarians: Guys this is a great opportunity to talk about the real issue... procedural minutiae!
You actually posted this.

benjipwns

« Reply #31610 on: February 15, 2019, 05:24:08 PM »
Cowardly Mandark is so afraid of his racket in Belarus being undermined that he rushes in to defend President Trump.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #31611 on: February 15, 2019, 05:26:53 PM »

posted this with the wrong account sweaty  ::)

Himu

« Reply #31612 on: February 15, 2019, 05:29:04 PM »
thanks for rigging the primary, DNC! (Image removed from quote.)

Hahaha, no. The guy didn't have enough votes. Simple.
IYKYK

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #31613 on: February 15, 2019, 05:30:31 PM »
damn I got filler in his feelings

benjipwns

« Reply #31614 on: February 15, 2019, 05:37:16 PM »
I'm not saying to ignore the wall, I obviously oppose it as I have in all the instances of this for four years, I was just noting them all because conservative media is using the talking point of THERE ARE TONS OF THESE, OBAMA DID IT and even Trump mentioned they're using an Obama one against Cartels in writing theirs (which is wrong it's a Clinton one) that we obviously and clearly can all agree to actually look at these because they're bullshit too and perhaps it's time for some great bipartisanship to repeal probably something like 170 of the 180 "powers" the President is allowed through these. Along with cancelling pretty much all of them except perhaps the ones that Trump has issued as he's the sitting President. (The last four on the list are Trump.)

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #31615 on: February 15, 2019, 05:51:57 PM »
Republicans saying "but Obama!" isn't convincing anyone, bipartisanship's not going to happen, and no1curr anyways.

benjipwns

« Reply #31616 on: February 15, 2019, 05:54:28 PM »
I think we accidentally have our roles reversed.

benjipwns

« Reply #31617 on: February 15, 2019, 06:03:18 PM »

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #31618 on: February 15, 2019, 06:03:40 PM »
Nah, I'm saying racism's a bigger problem than executive branch creep, you're taking the other side. We're in our usual corners here.

benjipwns

« Reply #31619 on: February 15, 2019, 06:06:13 PM »
I'm not sure reducing the specifics of Trump's invoking "national emergency" powers to partly fund a border wall to "racism is a problem" is going to lead to best practices.