Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5443873 times)

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| Everything is awful
« Reply #25920 on: October 17, 2018, 12:41:00 PM »
*Political gang is invited to a Republican Party function, beats up some people on camera that night, police make no arrests because there was something more important to do first like plant drugs on a person of color or whatever*

tHe PrOuD bOyS ArE gAy :teehee :teehee :teehee :teehee :teehee

FStop7

« Reply #25921 on: October 17, 2018, 01:16:11 PM »

Dude's gonna get hurt. I'm gonna giggle. Probably cheer.

Everything about the “proud boys” seems like a a very thinly veiled closeted homosexual group. Even the name is a gay as hell, and it’s leader has a live cam where he puts butt plugs in his ass.

I’m not trying to be ironic or to jump directly into Godwin’s Law territory but this is precisely what the brownshirts were.  Look up Ernst Rohm if you’re not familiar.

agrajag

« Reply #25922 on: October 17, 2018, 01:22:01 PM »
I don't know, the Proud Boys kind of remind me of The Monarch's henchmen from Venture Bros. They practically wear the same uniform.

kingv

« Reply #25923 on: October 17, 2018, 01:25:52 PM »
When they say history repeats itself, this is not what they intended

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #25924 on: October 17, 2018, 01:36:14 PM »
I see we have another super villain that escaped from Arkham.
🤴

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #25925 on: October 17, 2018, 01:41:28 PM »
he put butt plugs up his ass, not bat plugs

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #25926 on: October 17, 2018, 01:43:13 PM »
*Political gang is invited to a Republican Party function, beats up some people on camera that night, police make no arrests because there was something more important to do first like plant drugs on a person of color or whatever*

tHe PrOuD bOyS ArE gAy :teehee :teehee :teehee :teehee :teehee

And they were at that function to celebrate the anniversary of the assassination of Inejiro Asanuma (not just fash, but weeb fash  :yuck)

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #25927 on: October 17, 2018, 01:47:24 PM »
Crazy news coming out today.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-17/senior-fincen-adviser-charged-by-u-s-over-sars-disclosures

Natalie Mayflower Sours Edwards, a senior adviser at the Treasury Department’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network, or FinCEN, which targets illicit use of the U.S. financial system, was accused of leaking Suspicious Activity Reports to a journalist starting in 2017 and continuing until this week. The reporter and the news organization aren’t identified, but the articles cited by prosecutors were written by journalists at BuzzFeed -- the most recent having been published Oct. 15.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #25928 on: October 17, 2018, 01:53:54 PM »
And they were at that function to celebrate the anniversary of the assassination of Inejiro Asanuma (not just fash, but weeb fash  :yuck)

kingv

« Reply #25929 on: October 17, 2018, 02:00:09 PM »
Awful news for gundam fans.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #25930 on: October 17, 2018, 02:06:15 PM »
https://twitter.com/attn/status/1052577837968846848

Obama doesn't care about Pokemon. Wow.
The Democrats might as well withdraw from this election.
🤴

agrajag

« Reply #25931 on: October 17, 2018, 02:07:09 PM »
I could never be down with the proud boys, since they are no fap adherents. Maybe that explains the prostate play.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #25932 on: October 17, 2018, 02:41:45 PM »
Proud Boys sounds like the name of a group that I would make up to claim I was a member of if I really wanted to convince someone I was gay.
©@©™

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #25933 on: October 17, 2018, 03:04:07 PM »
Proud boiz is just another in a long line of conservative naming conventions where the more innocent the title of the group is, the more nefarious the intent.

Other examples:

Americans for Prosperity: Bussed in protestors for anti-Obamacare/"tea party" rallies(paid protestors)
Citizens United: Undid the limit for corporate campaign donations
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 03:10:29 PM by Brehvolution »
©ZH

FStop7

« Reply #25934 on: October 17, 2018, 08:00:41 PM »
The PATRIOT Act has to be the pinnacle of that.  How dare you argue against patriotism!

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #25935 on: October 17, 2018, 11:27:30 PM »
Obama looks old

Is he Abuelo?
:O

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #25936 on: October 18, 2018, 12:49:19 AM »
I could never be down with the proud boys, since they are no fap adherents.
hard pass

Maybe that explains the prostate play.
but now i'm interested again  8)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #25937 on: October 18, 2018, 03:22:57 AM »
 :drudge https://www.foxnews.com/politics/state-department-provided-clearly-false-statements-to-derail-hillary-clinton-doc-requests-federal-judge-says

In a combative exchange at a hearing Friday in Washington, D.C., a federal judge unabashedly accused career State Department officials of lying and signing "clearly false" affidavits to derail a series of lawsuits seeking information about former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's private email server and her handling of the 2012 terrorist attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya.

U.S. District Court Judge Royce Lamberth said he was "shocked" and "dumbfounded" when he learned that FBI had granted immunity to former Clinton chief of staff Cheryl Mills during its investigation into the use of Clinton's server, according to a court transcript of his remarks.

"I had myself found that Cheryl Mills had committed perjury and lied under oath in a published opinion I had issued in a Judicial Watch case where I found her unworthy of belief, and I was quite shocked to find out she had been given immunity in — by the Justice Department in the Hillary Clinton email case," Lamberth said during Friday's hearing.
During a tense exchange with Justice Department lawyer Robert Prince, Lamberth pressed the issue, accusing Prince of using "doublespeak" and "playing the same word games [Clinton] played."

That "was not true," the judge said, referring to the State Department's assurances in a sworn declaration that it had searched all relevant documents. "It was a lie."

benjipwns

« Reply #25938 on: October 18, 2018, 03:23:38 AM »
Then-national security adviser Susan Rice claimed on several talk shows that the attack was caused by a YouTube video, even as e-mails uncovered after the fact revealed that administration officials knew the incident was the result of terrorism. Officials the State Department were stunned by Rice's appearances, according to the emails, with one State Department employee suggesting Rice had gone "off the reservation."

Rice has since openly suggested she is considering running against Maine moderate Republican Sen. Susan Collins because of her vote to support Supreme Court Associate Justice Brett Kavanaugh's confirmation. Rice called Collins' speech announcing her vote a "paean to disingenuousness and incoherence."
what

benjipwns

« Reply #25939 on: October 18, 2018, 03:34:22 AM »
Proud boiz is just another in a long line of conservative naming conventions where the more innocent the title of the group is, the more nefarious the intent.

Other examples:

Americans for Prosperity: Bussed in protestors for anti-Obamacare/"tea party" rallies(paid protestors)
Citizens United: Undid the limit for corporate campaign donations

Citizens United had been around for twenty some years (late 1980s) making shitty conservative documentaries and ads before they were handed the FEC ruling that gave other groups that case on a silver platter. It wasn't really like they were setup or organized even to pursue that goal intentionally, they just got caught up in the regulatory game.

It's not exactly similar to Americans for Prosperity, which is actually a hostile splinter (the other half becoming FreedomWorks) from a group that existed since the 1980s (Citizens for a Sound Economy) and tried to first start a "tea party movement" in the early 2000s.

It's important to keep our taxonomy of advocacy front groups accurate. :bolo

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #25940 on: October 18, 2018, 05:18:02 AM »
oh my god shut the fuck up about emailghazi aaaa
Hi

Trurl

« Reply #25941 on: October 18, 2018, 07:41:59 AM »
Citizens United had been around for twenty some years (late 1980s) making shitty conservative documentaries and ads before they were handed the FEC ruling that gave other groups that case on a silver platter. It wasn't really like they were setup or organized even to pursue that goal intentionally, they just got caught up in the regulatory game.

It's not exactly similar to Americans for Prosperity, which is actually a hostile splinter (the other half becoming FreedomWorks) from a group that existed since the 1980s (Citizens for a Sound Economy) and tried to first start a "tea party movement" in the early 2000s.

It's important to keep our taxonomy of advocacy front groups accurate. :bolo
I remember Freedom Works trying to do a tea party-like movement and being led by Dick Army.  I've never heard of Citizens for a Sound Economy

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #25942 on: October 18, 2018, 08:32:43 AM »
I simply am convinced at this point that trump supporters just want to see the world burn.

Like, I woke up this week and this is seriously the president of the United States.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1052387851088867330

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1052168909665824769

I see people on Facebook laughing at these tweets and I’m horrified. This is the president? I tell them that this is disgusting behavior for a world leader. They tell me they like him because he reminds them of a shit poster. This is a good thing? I’m told that well, politicians have always been a dirty. That Reagan threw shade at Russia. And that’s supposed to be the same as mocking a woman at a rally for giving a testimony at a Supreme Court hearing relating to sexual assault?

I knew we were living in a nightmare but the dream just seems to be getting worse and worse. I’m convinced they just want the world to burn. It has nothing to do with ideals or values. It’s pure Id.

This is what happens when a society is slowly being impoverished for decades, that's how neoliberalism has been functioning afterall slowly stealing people's rights and income to benefit the wealthier hoping that the meek won't notice. There's a phrase I really liked from some Plinkett reviews, "You might not have noticed but your brain did", many Americans are too dumb to understand that they were getting robbed but their brain did and they became more and more and cynical and angry, the same applies to Europeans and their distaste of EU. Yes, many Trump supporters just want to see the world burn and as per usual with this type of rightwingers they're a symptom not the cause. Behaviours and politics like these will always lurk in a society waiting for the opportunity to activate like a dormant virus, it's the assholes' in charge responsibility to keep it dormant.

kingv

« Reply #25943 on: October 18, 2018, 09:02:12 AM »
A dick army
 :dsp :mouf

I finished reading fear and am going to try writing semi-coherent thoughts about it while I poop.

- sources seem relatively obvious, because they come out looking better than expected. Bannon, Priebus, Rob Porter, and John Dowd are almost all definitely sources. Or someone very close to them.
- you can sort of see why they were so hesitant to get rid of Rob Porter (assuming it’s accurate). He was instrumental in running interference on Trump’s dumber ideas by slow walking them, changing the subject, or failing to deliver memos.
- Trump actually comes off better than a lot give him credit for usually. Not good, mind you, but I think the way many interpret his terribleness is different than how it really is. People think he’s a moron that can barely string a senate crack together, but it’s more like he’s set in his ways, has a ton of moral failings, lies constantly, and has a very stupid worldview. He may also have a touch of dementia or Alzheimer’s because his staff often takes advantage of his forgetfulness. He’s basically your dumb uncle that thinks Obama is a Muslim except he probably lies more.
- people think Trump has no worldview but that’s not 100% true. He does, it is just a dumb one. He is extremely transactional and the only way he measures the success of those international transactions is money into the us vs money out. He doesn’t seem to be able to grasp the value of intangible parts of a relationship or grasp that there are sometimes second order benefits where a situation would be a lot worse without this imperfect balance in place. This is what ppl mean when they say “we need a business man for president” so America, let’s not say that anymore.
- he doesn’t really understand governments function or constraints
- it seems John dowd basically admitted to Woodward that he committed obstruction. He actually says “I don’t think trump committed obstruction” but then goes on to lay out that’s trump can’t be interviewed by the fbi because he is a liar and will incriminate himself in his answers.... this says to me that really actually thinks he did it, no matter how he tries to spin it.
- not much to go on either way with Russia stuff
- trump’s inability to run a well-tuned White House contributes to the bad policy. The chief of staff is unable to control the presidents schedule, so people will sort of sneak into his office and convince of shit with a memo to sign and Boom, new bad policy.
- he would be less objectionable with better people around him probably, especially on the crazy immigration shit.
- he 100% believes in the trade war though. Wanting to scrap the trade agreement with South Korea is a recurring then thwarted by his cabinet. Don’t be surprised if that executive order lands with a thump out of nowhere one day.

Kara

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #25945 on: October 18, 2018, 02:16:07 PM »
The weird thing with Trump is that he's actually doing what he was elected to do.

His platform was:
- Hand out L's to the Democrats
- Bomb ISIS
- Invest in the military
- Start shit with China
- Abolish NAFTA
- Drop out of the Paris Accords
- Drop out of the TTP
- Ban migrants from Muslim states that harbor terrorists
- Move the US embassy to Jerusalem
- Tell NATO to pay up or get stuffed
- Build a wall
- End political correctness
- Jobs, jobs, jobs

Usually Presidents discover that their office limits them or that their ideas sounded nice while campaigning but can't be implemented.
In that sense, no matter how you slice it Obama promised a lot but couldn't get a lot done. He had some valid reasons but still, campaign promises not kept.

The only thing of his insane ramblings Trump didn't do was re-invade Iraq to take their oil and lock up Hillary Clinton.
Everything else, for better for worse turned into policies, executive orders and laws.

Imagine if Obama had the same 'my way or the highway' demeanor that Trump has.
🤴

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #25946 on: October 18, 2018, 02:27:17 PM »
 ::)
püp

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #25947 on: October 18, 2018, 02:43:18 PM »
The weird part about Obama is that he didn't get credit for shit he did that he hadn't promised.

Killing Osama Bin Laden and dumping his body into the ocean wasn't a campaign promise but he did it anyway.
And even after he had Osama brutally murdered like a slob the Republicans still said: "Durrr Obama's not standing up for 'Murica1!"
🤴

agrajag

« Reply #25948 on: October 18, 2018, 02:43:38 PM »
lol @jobs, jobs, jobs

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #25949 on: October 18, 2018, 02:49:58 PM »
I simply am convinced at this point that trump supporters just want to see the world burn.

Like, I woke up this week and this is seriously the president of the United States.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1052387851088867330

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1052168909665824769

I see people on Facebook laughing at these tweets and I’m horrified. This is the president? I tell them that this is disgusting behavior for a world leader. They tell me they like him because he reminds them of a shit poster. This is a good thing? I’m told that well, politicians have always been a dirty. That Reagan threw shade at Russia. And that’s supposed to be the same as mocking a woman at a rally for giving a testimony at a Supreme Court hearing relating to sexual assault?

I knew we were living in a nightmare but the dream just seems to be getting worse and worse. I’m convinced they just want the world to burn. It has nothing to do with ideals or values. It’s pure Id.

This is what happens when a society is slowly being impoverished for decades, that's how neoliberalism has been functioning afterall slowly stealing people's rights and income to benefit the wealthier hoping that the meek won't notice. There's a phrase I really liked from some Plinkett reviews, "You might not have noticed but your brain did", many Americans are too dumb to understand that they were getting robbed but their brain did and they became more and more and cynical and angry, the same applies to Europeans and their distaste of EU. Yes, many Trump supporters just want to see the world burn and as per usual with this type of rightwingers they're a symptom not the cause. Behaviours and politics like these will always lurk in a society waiting for the opportunity to activate like a dormant virus, it's the assholes' in charge responsibility to keep it dormant.

Boreans Rise Up
Margs

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #25950 on: October 18, 2018, 02:53:45 PM »
https://m.

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #25951 on: October 18, 2018, 03:33:59 PM »
Evangelical leaders siding with a Wahhabist monarchy to ensure arms manufacturers get paid and Trump doesn't look bad is about the most 2018 thing imaginable

https://www.vox.com/2018/10/17/17990268/pat-robertson-khashoggi-saudi-arabia-trump-crisis?fbclid=IwAR3uzVSXVJgNbS0CGpmewjcpJAMMFss4cfrJ46XuZ4mt9LJm8ggQYP2t8dI
vin

kingv

« Reply #25952 on: October 18, 2018, 03:36:49 PM »
Nobody has shit in their own mouth over Trump more than evangelicals.

They’re even dumber than the 4channers.

Kara

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #25954 on: October 18, 2018, 03:59:01 PM »

Great interview. Apparently CNN made 1 billion in profits in the first year of the Trump presidency. Did you guys know that? That's fucking nuts.

Kara

« Reply #25955 on: October 18, 2018, 04:17:19 PM »
To borrow a phrase, what's good for The Nation isn't what's good for the nation.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #25956 on: October 18, 2018, 04:19:11 PM »

Great interview. Apparently CNN made 1 billion in profits in the first year of the Trump presidency. Did you guys know that? That's fucking nuts.

That doesn't seem accurate considering how hard their ratings have dropped, but this is common. MSNBC blew up during the Bush administration. Rush and Fox News blew up during the Clinton administration. Fox News then had another surge during the Obama administration. MSNBC is also currently doing its best numbers ever. "Opposition" media always does better numbers.
They're saying its profits unlike anything before.

Usually the numbers drop after the election, but here the numbers increased.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #25957 on: October 18, 2018, 05:10:29 PM »
CNN's prime time ratings have dropped both years since the election, but they make most of their money on distribution deals rather than ad revenue.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #25958 on: October 18, 2018, 05:15:27 PM »
To borrow a phrase, what's good for The Nation isn't what's good for the nation.
The Nation hasn't been good since Christopher Hitchens left
每天生气

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #25960 on: October 18, 2018, 05:31:38 PM »
Campaign ad of the year from Black Americans for the President's Agenda.

https://mobile.twitter.com/notlarrysabato/status/1053023848772378625

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #25961 on: October 18, 2018, 05:37:17 PM »
holy christ
püp

Kara

« Reply #25962 on: October 18, 2018, 05:40:09 PM »

It was a one-liner Bhaskar Sunkara came up with when Sarah Leonard was explaining that The Nation enjoys a stronger financial position during especially bad Republican presidencies during a panel they did together. :)

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #25963 on: October 18, 2018, 05:41:33 PM »

IIRC he left because he thought they were going too far left by not supporting the Iraq War :lol

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #25964 on: October 18, 2018, 05:43:29 PM »

holy christ
White boy offended  :lol

This is actually something a lot of African American women talk about. They have a real disgust for white girls, especially those that date black guys. Taboo, offensive, whatever, but it's known

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #25965 on: October 18, 2018, 05:44:48 PM »
Yeah, black women were super fired up by the unfair treatment of Brett Kavanaugh.

shosta

« Reply #25966 on: October 18, 2018, 05:50:48 PM »
IIRC he left because he thought they were going too far left by not supporting the Iraq War :lol
pretty much. :p
每天生气

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #25967 on: October 18, 2018, 05:51:40 PM »
Yeah, black women were super fired up by the unfair treatment of Brett Kavanaugh.
:lol
vin

kingv

« Reply #25968 on: October 18, 2018, 05:59:48 PM »
Was that diamond and silk?

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #25969 on: October 18, 2018, 06:05:43 PM »

holy christ
White boy offended  :lol

This is actually something a lot of African American women talk about. They have a real disgust for white girls, especially those that date black guys. Taboo, offensive, whatever, but it's known

Do you run into a lot of African American women in Brazil
No but then again I haven't even been here a year.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #25970 on: October 18, 2018, 06:40:58 PM »
The GOP is just too devilishly good at campaigning.

They've perfected the art of siphoning off votes, catering to enough niche groups to create a big enough vocal minority to win elections.
They just need to figure out which buttons to press to get people to vote or in some cases not vote. As low turnouts also favor them.

Let's face it, no one outside of the Democrat bubble is going to watch the Obama 'vote' videos or Robert Reich's op-eds about Trump.
🤴

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #25971 on: October 18, 2018, 06:44:04 PM »
The GOP is just too devilishly good at campaigning.

So you wanna make a bet on the House or nah?

Kara

« Reply #25972 on: October 18, 2018, 06:46:24 PM »
Don't take Mandark's bet until you consider my offer on the House of Burgesses result.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #25973 on: October 18, 2018, 06:50:54 PM »
Don't take Mandark's bet until you consider my offer on the House of Burgesses result.

"Daddy, I got cider in my ear."

shosta

« Reply #25974 on: October 18, 2018, 06:58:03 PM »
We should make house predictions anyway
每天生气

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #25975 on: October 18, 2018, 07:04:05 PM »
We should make house predictions anyway

I'll go bold and say the Dems do not take the house

shosta

« Reply #25976 on: October 18, 2018, 07:04:39 PM »
I predict no matter who wins congress will still be a shit show and nothing of importance will get done for the next 20 years.
spoken like a true wrestling fan
每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #25977 on: October 18, 2018, 07:05:33 PM »
I predict no matter who wins congress will still be a shit show and nothing of importance will get done for the next 20 years.
What do you mean? Kanye is going to address Congress to talk about important issues and Trump will bring his new best friend Kim Jun Un.
🤴

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #25978 on: October 18, 2018, 07:10:46 PM »
dems win house comfortably, senate goes 50-50

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #25979 on: October 18, 2018, 08:00:42 PM »

What year is this?  Holyfuck.