Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5391439 times)

Leadbelly

Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| The Mushroom Character from Mario Kart
« Reply #24780 on: October 01, 2018, 04:24:12 PM »
"without evidence"

Well, I believe it was already stated that there is insufficient evidence to bring it to an actual trial. So...

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #24781 on: October 01, 2018, 04:24:39 PM »
as far as I am aware none of the allegations are actually for rape

agrajag

« Reply #24782 on: October 01, 2018, 04:32:10 PM »
"without evidence"

Well, I believe it was already stated that there is insufficient evidence to bring it to an actual trial. So...

You said you're not from US, right? I don't know about whatever country you live in, but here in US we don't put people on trial as part of their job interview process. If even half the shit came up during a job interview no sane person would even hire him as a burger flipper.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #24783 on: October 01, 2018, 04:39:09 PM »
Demanding we treat this like a criminal trial only in the ways that would be in Kavanaugh's favor (presumption of innocence, highest standard of proof) and not in the aspects that would disadvantage him (well-resourced investigation with no time limit, threatening charges against Mark Judge to compel him to flip, locking up Kavanaugh until the proceedings are finished, etc.) makes no sense.

Leadbelly

« Reply #24784 on: October 01, 2018, 04:42:35 PM »
"without evidence"

You said you're not from US, right? I don't know about whatever country you live in, but here in US we don't put people on trial as part of their job interview process. If even half the shit came up during a job interview no sane person would even hire him as a burger flipper.
I never said you did. If I was I wouldn't have stated there is insufficient evidence to bring an actual trial. As I said, my issue is with the 'listen and believe' crap where people's reputations and careers are destroyed by mere allegations.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #24785 on: October 01, 2018, 04:44:56 PM »
As I said, my issue is with the 'listen and believe' crap where people's reputations and careers are destroyed by mere allegations.

*jerking off motion*

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #24786 on: October 01, 2018, 04:45:47 PM »
I didn't miss anything. Just because you said you don't give a crap about Kavanaugh post factum doesn't erase your previous posts where you essentially paint him as "the real victim."

Becuase it was a previous post I said it in?

First of all, as far as I am aware none of the allegations are actually for rape. They are accusations of incidents that happened decades ago. The thing is, no evidence has been brought forward, none.

I don't give a shit quite frankly about Kavanaugh, I just don't feel comfortable with this whole 'listen and believe' crap. Surely it can't be good in the long run for a society to just treat these sort of accusations as gospel and then pretty much destroy a person's reputation and livelihood over it? I don't know... you people make it seem like this is a fucking far out opinion or something. lol

I'm not American and obviously not a Republican. I don't paarticularly give a shit about Kavanaugh personally, rather this trend that sexual misconduct, whatever, allegations should be believed without evidence.
Kavanaugh would've been cut some slack if he didn't start his last hearing blaming the Clintons, left wing groups and the media for his troubles in what is best to be described as his audition to play General Hux in the next Star Wars film.

There's a couple of sad realities here. The woman might've been mistaken that Mitchell lady after all found some inconsistencies in statements made by Dr. Ford.
However, it is also possible that Kavanaugh really doesn't remember what he did when he was shitfaced that night. Which would explain why he is convinced he didn't do it.
For me parts of my high school days are a blur and I wasn't an heavy drinker or anything. If someone asked me if I knew about things that happened at a party 10+ years ago it would be hard to recall.
Something like this might stand out but if it wasn't a big deal at the time and they had parties every other weekend his friends might not remember this incident.

To get the truth they need witnesses and some of those were Kavanaugh's high school drinking buddies one of whom has a shot memory.
However at this point Republicans will latch onto anything that seemingly clears him. No matter how ambiguous so they can get this done with.
So if Mark Judge sticks to his story that for them is enough to clear Kavanaugh. As any 'bad' behavior in terms of drinking and partying was just 'high school'.
And I honestly have to agree there that your high school drinking habits should not bar you from jobs 38 years later.
🤴

agrajag

« Reply #24787 on: October 01, 2018, 04:49:47 PM »
No, but continuously lying on your job interview is absolutely disqualifying.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #24788 on: October 01, 2018, 04:55:52 PM »
Yup, that's the weird bit. Kavanaugh not owning his drinking past and at the same time yelling how much he likes to drink beer.
I guess it's some conservative holier than thou thing.

🤴

Leadbelly

« Reply #24789 on: October 01, 2018, 04:56:21 PM »

Fine. I have no issue with that.

Leadbelly

« Reply #24790 on: October 01, 2018, 04:59:53 PM »
I didn't miss anything. Just because you said you don't give a crap about Kavanaugh post factum doesn't erase your previous posts where you essentially paint him as "the real victim."

Becuase it was a previous post I said it in?

First of all, as far as I am aware none of the allegations are actually for rape. They are accusations of incidents that happened decades ago. The thing is, no evidence has been brought forward, none.

I don't give a shit quite frankly about Kavanaugh, I just don't feel comfortable with this whole 'listen and believe' crap. Surely it can't be good in the long run for a society to just treat these sort of accusations as gospel and then pretty much destroy a person's reputation and livelihood over it? I don't know... you people make it seem like this is a fucking far out opinion or something. lol

I'm not American and obviously not a Republican. I don't paarticularly give a shit about Kavanaugh personally, rather this trend that sexual misconduct, whatever, allegations should be believed without evidence.
Kavanaugh would've been cut some slack if he didn't start his last hearing blaming the Clintons, left wing groups and the media for his troubles in what is best to be described as his audition to play General Hux in the next Star Wars film.

There's a couple of sad realities here. The woman might've been mistaken that Mitchell lady after all found some inconsistencies in statements made by Dr. Ford.
However, it is also possible that Kavanaugh really doesn't remember what he did when he was shitfaced that night. Which would explain why he is convinced he didn't do it.
For me parts of my high school days are a blur and I wasn't an heavy drinker or anything. If someone asked me if I knew about things that happened at a party 10+ years ago it would be hard to recall.
Something like this might stand out but if it wasn't a big deal at the time and they had parties every other weekend his friends might not remember this incident.

To get the truth they need witnesses and some of those were Kavanaugh's high school drinking buddies one of whom has a shot memory.
However at this point Republicans will latch onto anything that seemingly clears him. No matter how ambiguous so they can get this done with.
So if Mark Judge sticks to his story that for them is enough to clear Kavanaugh. As any 'bad' behavior in terms of drinking and partying was just 'high school'.
And I honestly have to agree there that your high school drinking habits should not bar you from jobs 38 years later.

That's the thing: The accounts given are blurry enough that it is hard to fathom whether it is an accurate picture of the events or not. It doesn't help that it is something that happened 40 years ago.

agrajag

« Reply #24791 on: October 01, 2018, 05:02:59 PM »
There are now more than a handful people all corroborating the same portrait of Kavanaugh: a belligerent drunk who was sexually aggressive towards women, including his college roomate. But sure, all of them hazy memories and the boofing beer guzzler is the one whose recollections should trump all others.

Leadbelly

« Reply #24793 on: October 01, 2018, 05:07:15 PM »
There are now more than a handful people all corroborating the same portrait of Kavanaugh: a belligerent drunk who was sexually aggressive towards women, including his college roomate. But sure, all of them hazy memories and the boofing beer guzzler is the one whose recollections should trump all others.

That's not how it works, but whatever. lol

I think you're trying now just to find disagreement with me.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #24795 on: October 01, 2018, 06:10:15 PM »
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/sep/30/retraction-aaron-rich-and-murder-seth-rich/

If I was the family I would sue the Wapo into bankruptcy. I mean, those sorts of stories is what kept the Seth Rich thing going.

We all got diverted, but I'd like to highlight this from the last page so we can all pile on Nintex for being dumb again.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #24796 on: October 01, 2018, 06:26:47 PM »
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/sep/30/retraction-aaron-rich-and-murder-seth-rich/

If I was the family I would sue the Wapo into bankruptcy. I mean, those sorts of stories is what kept the Seth Rich thing going.

We all got diverted, but I'd like to highlight this from the last page so we can all pile on Nintex for being dumb again.
Bad publicity is still publicity Mandark.  :smug
🤴

agrajag

« Reply #24797 on: October 01, 2018, 06:34:16 PM »

Umm I called him out on last page..

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #24798 on: October 01, 2018, 06:36:58 PM »
yes, but leadbelly monopolized the attention with his tendentious bullllllllshit so we didn't get a proper public shaming

https://twitter.com/jchaltiwanger/status/1046888548375384064

he's prolly innocent and just constantly lies for funsies tho

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #24799 on: October 01, 2018, 06:54:50 PM »
https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/1046863868784513024

It seems that the circus that started last week of people sending out messages pro and against Kavanaugh has just restarted again.
🤴

Leadbelly

« Reply #24800 on: October 01, 2018, 07:01:43 PM »
yes, but leadbelly monopolized the attention with his tendentious bullllllllshit so we didn't get a proper public shaming

God. It's amazing how people willfully misrepresent your argument. lol

Saying you shouldn't automatically believe the victim without evidence is not the same as saying he is probably innocent. Shit the point would still be same regardless of who was on the receiving end of it, it has to do with the 'listen and believe' culture not Kavanaugh. It is all the shit surrounding the case, like there is with all sexual allegations these days.

You had three accusations, all were sufficiently blurry (which they were) for there to be reasonable skepticism about them. I understnad what SmokyDave meant by RElite. lol

agrajag

« Reply #24801 on: October 01, 2018, 07:05:06 PM »

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #24802 on: October 01, 2018, 07:10:22 PM »

Saying you shouldn't automatically believe the victim without evidence is not the same as saying he is probably innocent. Shit the point would still be same regardless of who was on the receiving end of it, it has to do with the 'listen and believe' culture not Kavanaugh. It is all the shit surrounding the case, like there is with all sexual allegations these days.

You had three accusations, all were sufficiently blurry (which they were) for there to be reasonable skepticism about them. I understnad what SmokyDave meant by RElite. lol

Leadbelly - willfully dumb or just dumb dumb?

There's already a plethora of information available to understand who is credible and who is not. That is plenty of evidence as-is.
___

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #24803 on: October 01, 2018, 07:11:44 PM »
also other thread bitching stays in the garbage thread, bud

Leadbelly

« Reply #24804 on: October 01, 2018, 07:17:51 PM »
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1046883721138311169

Typical behavior of an innocent person

I think he is innocent. Again. lol

You want me to comment on this I guess?

And that maybe because he was guilty of that act. It might also be he heard she was going public with allegations and discussed with friends in anticipation.

Also states in a tweet:
The memo states"Kavanaugh 'and/or' his friends" and "may."

Which again, as of this moment isn't concrete language.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #24805 on: October 01, 2018, 07:19:26 PM »
I think he is innocent.

what odds you giving that kav is innocent of just the Ford charge?

agrajag

« Reply #24806 on: October 01, 2018, 07:19:27 PM »
Quote from: Leadbelly

Are you projecting, bud? This thread doesn't revolve you.

And that maybe because he was guilty of that act. It might also be he heard she was going public with allegations and discussed with friends in anticipation.

Ok, so let's say if this memo is true, what do you think of Kavanaugh perjuring himself during the testimony where he said he hasn't heard of this accusation until now?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 07:24:06 PM by agrajag »

Leadbelly

« Reply #24807 on: October 01, 2018, 07:21:04 PM »

Leadbelly - willfully dumb or just dumb dumb?

There's already a plethora of information available to understand who is credible and who is not. That is plenty of evidence as-is.

Is there?

As I said before it was stated in a memo that there was insufficient evidence to take it to trial.

Maybe there is new evidence though. I don''t know. Tell me, has someone come forward and said they witnessed Kavanaugh do something that is a crime? You know actual evidence of something.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 07:38:49 PM by Leadbelly »

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #24808 on: October 01, 2018, 07:22:21 PM »
Tell me, has someone come forward and said they witnessed Kavanaugh do something that is a crime?

Yes, Christine Blasey Ford.

Leadbelly

« Reply #24809 on: October 01, 2018, 07:24:06 PM »

Considering the post above was aimed at me and said the same thing, easy mistake to make I guess. :p

Nah, I will leave you to it. I don't want to it to be about me either.

agrajag

« Reply #24810 on: October 01, 2018, 07:25:26 PM »
A simple misunderstanding, I'm sure. But can you answer the question in my edit?

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #24811 on: October 01, 2018, 07:33:41 PM »
Not sure how the Supreme Court nomination process works, but why can’t they just go for someone else? Is this really a moment of Republicans not wanting to look wrong? Or are they worried that starting the process over with another nominee will take until 2020?

Leadbelly

« Reply #24812 on: October 01, 2018, 07:35:23 PM »

Ok, so let's say if this memo is true, what do you think of Kavanaugh perjuring himself during the testimony where he said he hasn't heard of this accusation until now?

Well, he has been doing this on pretty much everything else anyway hasn't he? It doesn't look good for him. I would question why he felt the need to do that. Lying about everything may also be sufficient grounds to deny him a place on the supreme court. In terms of whether it is sufficient evidence he committed a crime, unless he is charged with something, I reserve judgment on that.

I'm not even sure if the Ramirez testimony could even be considered a crime or not even if it was true. I guess depends on exactly what he did. If he waved his dick around in front of her face. Exposure maybe? If he slapped it around her face and stuck it in her mouth. Well, that is a real serious accusation.

agrajag

« Reply #24813 on: October 01, 2018, 07:36:11 PM »
Not sure how the Supreme Court nomination process works, but why can’t they just go for someone else? Is this really a moment of Republicans not wanting to look wrong? Or are they worried that starting the process over with another nominee will take until 2020?

Just speculating, but at this point it's the second. Not enough time to confirm someone else before the midterms, and they are fearful of Dems taking back the senate. Before that, it was because Trump was dead set on Kavanaugh because of reasons.

EightBitNate

« Reply #24814 on: October 01, 2018, 07:37:23 PM »

Just speculating, but at this point it's the second. Not enough time to confirm someone else before the midterms, and they are fearful of Dems taking back the senate. Before that, it was because Trump was dead set on Kavanaugh because of reasons.

Well that’s infuriating.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #24815 on: October 01, 2018, 07:39:47 PM »
Time from nomination to confirmation for the Supreme Court is usually about two months, so even if they immediately dumped Kavanaugh and went with somebody else it would put it past the midterm election.
dog

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #24816 on: October 01, 2018, 07:41:13 PM »
I'm not even sure if the Ramirez testimony could even be considered a crime or not even if it was true. I guess depends on exactly what he did. If he waved his dick around in front of her face. Exposure maybe?

EightBitNate

« Reply #24818 on: October 01, 2018, 07:42:33 PM »
Time from nomination to confirmation for the Supreme Court is usually about two months, so even if they immediately dumped Kavanaugh and went with somebody else it would put it past the midterm election.

Oh wait so we’re talking this year’s election to decide the senate? I doubt they have anything to worry about.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #24819 on: October 01, 2018, 07:42:58 PM »
You want me to comment on this I guess?
:nope

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #24821 on: October 01, 2018, 07:47:06 PM »
Oh wait so we’re talking this year’s election to decide the senate? I doubt they have anything to worry about.

At this point they could probably start the process for another nominee and confirm them in a lame duck session, after the election and before the new Congress is sworn in. The risk is the ~20% chance Dems take the Senate, it could look bad enough to scare off Collins and whoever. Unlikely but not impossible.

Also the Senate has a lot of old dudes with pretty retrograde ways of looking at this stuff. Orrin Hatch was talking about what a good man Rob Porter was after news broke that he'd beaten both his ex-wives. There was some pushback against Roy Moore, but ultimately the party backed him, and he was nowhere near the respectable club member in good standing that Kavanaugh is.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #24822 on: October 01, 2018, 07:47:46 PM »

Maybe, maybe not. Either way, they've spent three years working nonstop for this moment [5 reliable conservative votes on the SC] that they're not going to take any chances that the Dems managed to pick up two Senate seats.
dog

Leadbelly

« Reply #24823 on: October 01, 2018, 07:48:01 PM »
I'm not even sure if the Ramirez testimony could even be considered a crime or not even if it was true. I guess depends on exactly what he did. If he waved his dick around in front of her face. Exposure maybe?

(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)

Maybe rephrase that. I kind of meant whether it could be considered sexual assault or harassment or whatever, as opposed to exposure.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 08:01:35 PM by Leadbelly »

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #24824 on: October 01, 2018, 07:51:48 PM »
p sure waving your dick at someone can be considered sexual harassment, yes

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #24825 on: October 01, 2018, 07:53:40 PM »
The renegade shitposters in this thread have been getting poorer and poorer.
每天生气

Leadbelly

« Reply #24826 on: October 01, 2018, 07:55:29 PM »
p sure waving your dick at someone can be considered sexual harassment, yes

you really want to object to anything I say don't you?

I don't know is the answer to that. Might fall under this that's all.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indecent_exposure

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #24827 on: October 01, 2018, 07:57:17 PM »
just answering your question, duder

if you meant "would it legally be harassment, assault or exposure?" then you ought to say so

in which case also explain why we're applying criminal law standards to what is a gussied-up job application

shosta

« Reply #24828 on: October 01, 2018, 07:58:53 PM »
If the nomination process for the supreme court was merely whether or not the nominee had committed any crimes before, a simple background check could have taken care of that.
每天生气

Leadbelly

« Reply #24829 on: October 01, 2018, 07:59:45 PM »

if you meant "would it legally be harassment, assault or exposure?" then you ought to say so

in which case also explain why we're applying criminal law standards to what is a gussied-up job application

Why would you do that?

I'm leaving this thread.

shosta

每天生气

Leadbelly

« Reply #24831 on: October 01, 2018, 08:03:06 PM »
Why would you do that?
:idont

Yeah. It's sexual harassment, but it might not legally be sexual harassment.... yeah

I'm leaving this thread... see you.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #24832 on: October 01, 2018, 08:16:26 PM »
a woman, stupid: "this dude keeps getting really close to me and whipping out his dick even though he knows I don't want him to, this harassment is really upsetting to me"

you, wise: "according to chapter 952 of section 53a of the connecticut general statutes, 'harassment' is not defined as relating to sexual conduct, so really he just exposed himself"

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #24833 on: October 01, 2018, 08:20:57 PM »
Look at this confident Chad.

Chad Ludington, who went to Yale with Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, said "there were omissions" in the nominee's testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday about his drinking in college.

"I'm saying there were omissions," Ludington told reporters Monday. "There were certainly many times when he could not remember what was going on."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/01/politics/yale-kavanaugh-drinking-ludington/index.html

The Chad we need.   
sigh

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #24834 on: October 01, 2018, 08:23:09 PM »
making a dramatic exit from a thread cause nobody was applauding your shitty posts

maybe they were right about the crisis of masculinity

agrajag

« Reply #24835 on: October 01, 2018, 08:24:41 PM »
That's why you gotta hand it to Nintex, he just takes it all on the chin.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #24836 on: October 01, 2018, 08:28:46 PM »
Easily his most endearing quality, cause he'd have every right to be pissed.

If he were just generally dumb and not credulously posting racist propaganda, it'd probably be enough to make me like him.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #24837 on: October 01, 2018, 08:40:59 PM »
Back to the hug box Demi's Home for Wayward Posters with No Vocabulary.

kingv

« Reply #24838 on: October 01, 2018, 10:35:16 PM »
Kavanaugh is another example of the coverup is worse than the crime.

In my opinion, if he had just owned up to both incidents, said he had trouble with drinking when he was younger and has since found god or something and then apologized to both chicks, he would have skated through with 53 votes to confirm.

But now, the lying itself is reason not to confirm him.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.