Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5445236 times)

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
"the bank was open on father's day!"

:lol

Cauliflower Of Love

“Next week ICE will begin the process of removing the millions of illegal aliens who have illicitly found their way into the United States,” Trump tweeted on Monday evening. “They will be removed as fast as they come in.”

Trump’s announcement apparently caught Immigration and Customs Enforcement by surprise, and it’s unlikely the agency has the resources to carry out an operation of the scale he apparently has in mind.

https://www.vox.com/2019/6/18/18683600/trump-mass-deportation-tweet-ice

:trumps

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
Michelob Ultra is a good beer. Lowest carbs on the market.
:O

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Tasty

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/19/democratic-establishment-elizabeth-warren-1369874

People are taking a second look at her and saying, ‘Hmm. Some of her policies are good. Maybe she isn’t like Bernie.’

:dead

BisMarckie

I'm gonna start posting cursed boomer images.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/19/democratic-establishment-elizabeth-warren-1369874

People are taking a second look at her and saying, ‘Hmm. Some of her policies are good. Maybe she isn’t like Bernie.’

She's the least trash of the actual Dems running from what I can tell at any rate. Can't fairly say I know about everyone at 0% in this clown car primary.
Hi

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Biden apparently had some choice quotes for rich donors.

"Statu quo" for the TLDR.
ὕβρις

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
Biden apparently had some choice quotes for rich donors.

"Statu quo" for the TLDR.
And thus, Status Joe was born.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Trump raised $24 million in 24 hours. Biden raised $6.3 million in 24 hours.

The pundits are shook. 

https://twitter.com/KimStrassel/status/1141358719927644160
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Trump has apparently announced he will live tweet the Dem debates.  :lol
🤴

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
:lol Wrath, Buttigieg is أبو الدجاج.

I feel like I should know what this is referencing but I chuckled anyway so thank you.

I heard Pete Buttigieg is Maltese so I looked up his surname to see if it was Arabic (Maltese) and it was even better than I imagined.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe

surprised he isn't restreaming it on twitch sitting in a DX racer.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1140850072554336256

sometimes I fantasize about armed chicano groups raiding ICE detention centers and freeing detainees, turning the border states into a no-man's-land for ICE to operate except through information volunteered by state level authorities after unrelated criminal convictions

but then I remember that even within the latino community there is little solidarity with immigrant brothers and sisters.
每天生气

Cauliflower Of Love

:stop

Tasty

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/1141385420602859520

"Democrats hate me so much! To the point that they're rallying around someone with the same listed policies*... Wait."

:doge

Maybe it's cause you bailed on the party after your sorry ass lost, right when we needed all the blue support we could get.

I'll meet you at the curb Sanders, cause u trash

*Don't @ me about Medicare for all

Cauliflower Of Love

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/1141385420602859520

"Democrats hate me so much! To the point that they're rallying around someone with the same listed policies*... Wait."

Maybe it's cause you bailed on the party after your sorry ass lost, right when we needed all the blue support we could get.

I'll meet you at the curb Sanders, cause u trash

*Don't @ me about Medicare for all

:derp

Meanwhile

“You know, what I’ve found is rich people are just as patriotic as poor people. Not a joke. I mean, we may not want to demonize anybody who has made money,” -Joe

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Lol Tasty, cmon y u so 2016 salty? Clinton was trash

agrajag

he morphed into 2016-era Jack somehow

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
You simmer down bby, you’re the other side of that coin

agrajag

who was the Bire Berner analogue for Jack in 2016?

shosta

You
每天生气

agrajag

nah. I started participating in Bore US Politics thread after Hilldawg had secured the nomination and I was all in on her against Trump. But nice revisionist history, coward.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1141335680309714944

"There will not be a conflict of interest between the Trump Organization and the Trump Administration*.

*The Trump chairman is obliged to play the part of fluffer at the Trump rallies to ensure the complete and total independence of the business empire.
🤴

james

Biden and Gillbitch should jump off a rocket together

team filler

• filler
  • filler

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️

Mebbe me

agrajag

Mebbe me

Be honest, I have been snarky but have you seen me post stuff like

"Fuck you and fuck Bernie Bros like you. 🤷🏻‍♂️

We don't need you."

:reeeee

Enough with the false equivalencies, they drag down the discourse in this forum.  8)

Mandark

• Icon

Prole, but he was mostly posting on Facebook.

team filler

• filler
  • filler

agrajag

I actually like Andy, so it feels odd to see him come at me like that just because I swore allegiance to Bernie Daddy  ???

Tasty

Lol Tasty, cmon y u so 2016 salty?

Gee I wonder :trumps

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
You’re the one who backed a losing candidate with such polarizing fervor tho? ???

Tasty

I actually like Andy, so it feels odd to see him come at me like that just because I swore allegiance to Bernie Daddy  ???

I don't have a problem with you and my posts here are angrier than I am IRL. :) I apologize.

The context for my outburst was this post in which I was trying to be temperate and sincere, and you responded snarkily.

Her policies are things like capping prescription drug prices at $500 a month, as if a normal person can afford that.

This is an extremely disingenuous reading of her various policy proposals, but then again this is a political thread...

that's literally the policy she just rolled out dude. But go ahead, support a registered Republican and call progressives Bernie Bros and then wonder why people aren't so charitable to the new Yass Queen.

Pretty minor stuff honestly, but I'm also upset with both the current American political situation, as well as *allowing* myself to become upset with it. My avenues to vent are few, but that's not really an excuse.

Expect fewer outbursts in the future.

Mandark

• Icon
I'm skeptical the siege mentality stuff will be as effective for Sanders this time around but he's won a bunch of elections and I haven't, so who knows.

Does feel weird to boost the idea of moderates rallying around Elizabeth Warren while Biden's still running away with all the polls.

shosta

每天生气

Cauliflower Of Love

wait tasty meat is rex?

shosta

I'm skeptical the siege mentality stuff will be as effective for Sanders this time around but he's won a bunch of elections and I haven't, so who knows.

Does feel weird to boost the idea of moderates rallying around Elizabeth Warren while Biden's still running away with all the polls.
Word on the street is that he's "taking superdelegate strategy seriously" but I don't know how effective that will actually be because he doesn't have experience with this kind of compromised deal-making (please correct me if I'm wrong). I feel like he's just calling up people and saying, "I'm the best candidate, believe it!"
每天生气

Tasty

Biden's sleepwalking through this primary, "sleepy Joe" may actually be accurate. Almost every piece I read about the various campaign trails and stuff has a "X, Y, and Z candidates responded with their policies. Joe Biden was nowhere to be seen/did not respond for comment."

The most damning one came from today's NYT piece, which includes interviews with literally every other candidate. :doge

One candidate who might have staked a different position was the only Democrat not to show up for an interview: Joseph R. Biden Jr. As the co-author of a strict criminal-justice law in the 1990s, Mr. Biden once joked that he had “made it a death penalty offense for everything but jaywalking.” But Mr. Biden declined to take our questions.

:lol On top of Biden ditching the Times, their reaction to it is so transparently petty.

It's like he's doing the exact opposite amount of work that Warren is...

agrajag

Biden is mid implosion already guys. His proverbial corpse is only propped up by 60yo+ electorate who don't know what twitter is

Mandark

• Icon
Word on the street is that he's "taking superdelegate strategy seriously" but I don't know how effective that will actually be because he doesn't have experience with this kind of compromised deal-making (please correct me if I'm wrong). I feel like he's just calling up people and saying, "I'm the best candidate, believe it!"

People in his campaign have been floating the idea he could win the nomination with ~30% of the vote in a divided field. Seems like a very bad sign to be talking that way so early.

agrajag

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/18/billionaire-trump-donor-says-he-rejected-joe-bidens-request-for-fundraising-help.html

https://www.thedailybeast.com/joe-biden-segregationist-senator-never-called-me-boy

Biden's already doing shit like this and we haven't even had the first Democratic debate. Maybe there is a strategy to this, maybe he is trying to endear himself to conservatives/racist voters. Or he's just a dumbass that self-sabotages any chance he gets.

james

I like when Hillary bots claims they know what electability means

Mandark

• Icon
Maybe Biden will tank his own campaign. He's done it before.

But "we don't need to worry about that guy; he keeps saying dumb and offensive things and his support relies on old voters" echoes the complacence of the 2016 general election, eye emm oh.

agrajag

well, what do you want us to do, exactly? I can't stop Biden from running

:yeshrug

shosta

you guys should get in on predict it before the debates. time for me and glen to lose money again
每天生气

shosta

:yeshrug
if nola can singlehandedly derail the schultz campaign and force him into a triple back surgery I'm sure you can do some damage
每天生气

agrajag

what are you betting on? who gets the nomination

james

you guys should get in on predict it before the debates. time for me and glen to lose money again

I made so much money on the primaries.

And then I put it all on Hillary :(

You can bet on specific results (ie by state) or even things like "who will be leading after the 2nd debate"

shosta

I put 50 bucks on Biden winning the nom and will cash out once his solid debate performance results in a price bump.
每天生气

Mandark

• Icon

"Weird to focus attacks on Warren for moderate support while Biden's leading the polls by a lot, and by even more among moderates."

"Well what else could Bernie possibly do???"

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Hopefully the debate moderators put up a screen with a live feed of the Tweets so the Democratic candidates can respond in real time.
🤴

agrajag

Bernie hasn't mentioned Warren once.