Author Topic: FFXIV  (Read 73603 times)

Bebpo

Re: FFXIV
« Reply #1860 on: July 13, 2019, 05:11:20 AM »
Got from Twine mining to the lvl.77 dungeon and did the dungeon and got my flying on, back to Chrystarium now. About halfway through lvl.77 xp-wise.

So story-wise BIG SPOILERS
spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Thancred fight got me nervous because these long scripted fights can suck if something glitches 15 mins in or something and you die and have to sit through it all again. Like this happened on the 4.55 zenos fight for me. This one went ok though.

then they kill Thancred and it's like oh shit!

then after the dungeon he's still alive and it's oh ok. I normally hate fake out deaths because you can almost always tell when a death scene isn't real and so it just feels lame and forced and you're just waiting for them to come back, but this was one of the only times it got me and I really thought Thancred was dead. Made sense, he'd been given all these cutscenes lately and flashbacks and stuff and FFXIV's just killed off main characters before, and they do that flash effect thing at the end of his death scene that made it seem like damn they really killed off another scion.

So instead of being lame when Thancred is shown still alive, it's actually kinda nice because at least I really thought he was dead and him and Y'shtola are the only good Scions. Urianger can go die in a fire with how boring he is. 4 games later and the twins are still tolerable at best.

I like Ryne though. I was really hoping they weren't going to bring Minfilia back because like a lot of the dead/ditched Scions, she was boring as hell and her JP voice is kinda of headache inducing. Plus Ryne has a better campaign the way they wrote it and actually has a good JP voice. So was really happy when they kill off Minfilia again :D

This is one of the spots in the story where I felt Shadowbringers was living up to the hype. The Thancred/Ryne sub-plot throughout was kinda annoying at times in a just talk to her way, but it worked and it built up over time to give a very satisfying scene between Thancred/Ryne when she comes back after the dungeon. I don't really remember the plot in the beginning of the game/lakeland but the fairy story had a good climax, the Night Blessed arc had a good climax, and now Ahm Araeg has had a 3rd good climax to a quest/arc as well. Story's been pretty satisfying since we got to the Fauth.

Oh and I did the lvl.77 dungeon with AI only cause was tired and didn't want to have to play well. Other than taking like 40-45 mins, was fine. The AI is almost too good even if their dps sucks, on new bosses I can pretty much just watch what they do to learn the boss mechanics before I see them.

Bebpo

« Reply #1861 on: July 13, 2019, 11:07:27 PM »
Thought I'd have all day to get through the msq but slept in and didn't get up until like 4pm. Lol, so much for a free day. Feeling pretty good about my xp though, did the 77 dungeon again and a leveling roulette on the 75 dungeon and an alliance raid + daily hunts and I'm halfway to lvl.79 and I haven't even gotten to the lvl.77 trial so I've got to be at least 1 level ahead xp-wise. Gonna see if the MSQ takes me to 80 from this point without any additional duty roulettes.

I also feel like playing through an expansion from start to finish as a tank for the first time has made me pretty comfortable tanking even though I only started DRK in May. Feel like I'm a pretty solid tank now. Though I still have never done a tank swap because I've never fought anything that required it. One day I will tank swap!

I've been leveling my gatherers every day from GC turn-ins and a little fishing and gathering here and there. All 3 are at lvl.75 already, so should be quick to get them to 80 once I finish the MSQ. Haven't really touched my crafters. That'll be the time consuming leveling from 70-80 for sure while I'm getting my NIN/WHM to 80 as well.

Chooky

« Reply #1862 on: July 13, 2019, 11:40:38 PM »
man eulmore and the surrounding countryside are huuuuge. feel like i barely did anything today besides talking to npcs, and i havent even explored the northern area of the map.

also lol at them putting a strip club in this game. erps rejoicing.

Bebpo

« Reply #1863 on: July 14, 2019, 04:19:23 AM »

Best helmet is best

also, hey they are changing things up!

no trial at 77, but probably trial at 78 instead. BIG CHANGES :P

Story-spoiler-stuff
They've been doing a good job with Emelt-Sech in this expansion. It's nice having a non-one dimensional villain like Vauthry/Zenos/Ran'Jit/Evil Pope/etc....

I'm actually pretty on-board with him at this point. Would rather join up with team Ascian than team Scion.

213372bu

• My Phriend
« Reply #1864 on: July 14, 2019, 12:33:36 PM »
Yeah considering the Summoner level 80 gear is genuinely bad looking, I just used that Toll gear set for my main.
Got lots of people stopping and "Examine"-ing  when I walked into Limsa lol.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1865 on: July 14, 2019, 12:44:12 PM »
Been busy lately so haven't played much but got in some time last night and made it to Susano. Fun trial with great music, I really liked it! Also I dunno if it's the same dude but his voice sounds a lot like Storm Spirit from Dota 2.

Akala

• VEGAS
« Reply #1866 on: July 14, 2019, 03:34:36 PM »
Bad weather with no power loss meant could crack out some more, got to do the two level 80 dungeons. Both fun/not bad for the most part but Twinning final boss sucks to heal, that or I drank more than I thought. I kept getting zapped.  :lol

May try eden once or twice but not really hype for tbh. I am more excited about bringing up other jobs now...but will be taking it slower for a bit I think as have played a ton in past few weeks, probably a bit burnt out. Haven't unlocked DNC or GNB, touched any DoH/L past initial one level so there is a ton to do still, I will be taking time though.

Good expansion overall, think I will be playing for a while.
Aka

Chooky

« Reply #1867 on: July 14, 2019, 03:36:28 PM »
going super slow and only just beat the first dungeon, but man the story is pretty cool so far. the game also feels larger than the previous two expansions, but maybe that's just me being so impressed right now.

remy

« Reply #1868 on: July 15, 2019, 02:20:45 AM »
Just did the 78 Trial

Emet Selch stuff was pretty interesting, but not too shocking. the writing in this game... or at least in the english translation never fails to surprise me though. only jrpg where people don't speak like google translate.

Real shook by the "flashback"? of someone reading heavensward in the midst of an apocolypse suggesting it'd be better if it happened after ala mhigo is liberated?? what world is this??

Bebpo

« Reply #1869 on: July 15, 2019, 03:01:35 AM »
Wait, what??? Was the 78 trial optional or something?
I just hit the lvl.79 dungeon (barely squeezed into 79) and I still haven't had any trials since lvl.73. Will do the dungeon tomorrow before servers go down.

Also, when people talk about that "part where the expansion drags for a while before getting good again" the upper rung stuff? Because man that was boring. Especially when I had to redo the instance 10 mins in and sit through all the scripted stuff again because the dumbass Exarch guy sat in too many AoEs and died :|

remy

« Reply #1870 on: July 15, 2019, 03:28:07 AM »
Lol, sorry, I meant dungeon. More like 77 dungeon.

Akala

• VEGAS
« Reply #1871 on: July 15, 2019, 08:54:13 AM »
Wait, what??? Was the 78 trial optional or something?
I just hit the lvl.79 dungeon (barely squeezed into 79) and I still haven't had any trials since lvl.73. Will do the dungeon tomorrow before servers go down.

Also, when people talk about that "part where the expansion drags for a while before getting good again" the upper rung stuff? Because man that was boring. Especially when I had to redo the instance 10 mins in and sit through all the scripted stuff again because the dumbass Exarch guy sat in too many AoEs and died :|

yes. that's the part I was talking about dragging.  :lol

it pads a bit there then there is some cool stuff, then more padding, then omg.
Aka

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1872 on: July 15, 2019, 09:08:14 PM »
Had a quest where I had to dress up as an Imperial so I needed to get a shot of that

Bebpo

« Reply #1873 on: July 15, 2019, 09:09:03 PM »
oooh, nice shot.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1874 on: July 15, 2019, 09:15:21 PM »
Thanks :) Got an alternate shot with my pet in the background :lol

Chooky

« Reply #1875 on: July 15, 2019, 09:31:56 PM »
black cat is absolutely the best minion very fine taste there

213372bu

• My Phriend
« Reply #1876 on: July 15, 2019, 09:58:49 PM »
black cat is absolutely the best minion very fine taste there
I'm actually glad I'm a Weaver, because I think Nana Bear is super cool and Chimera has some wacky animations.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1877 on: July 15, 2019, 11:23:30 PM »
Also created and saved a viera appearance. Maybe one day I'll pull the trigger.

Bebpo

« Reply #1878 on: July 15, 2019, 11:24:54 PM »
Lvl.79 dungeon was cool. Then I queued up for the trial and it popped and I confirmed only to realize I hadn't un-queued the lvl.79 dungeon and that was what popped so ended up doing it twice -_- Got me halfway to lvl.80 and filled out my right side slots in lvl.79 gear so I guess it's alright.

Trial was alright, maybe because the game's been out too long at this point but everyone knows what to do and the only thing I needed to know was to attack the tethered enemy during the dps check and the rest was just dodge stuff and keep wacking. Tatania seemed tougher, but it was earlier when fewer people knew what they are doing. I think half our party that time was new whereas I was the only new person on this 2nd trial.

So.many.cutscenes.and.minor.quests.afterwards

Was hoping to get to the final map before servers go down so I could see what it looks like but started to fall asleep in these quests so I gotta take a break and will get to the last area tomorrow. Hopefully it's pretty short and I shouldn't have to grind since I'm not that far from 80 already so maybe I can finish the MSQ tomorrow night and unlock the Eden raid? Idk, if not I'll do it Wednesday I guess.

remy

« Reply #1879 on: July 15, 2019, 11:51:29 PM »
Also created and saved a viera appearance. Maybe one day I'll pull the trigger.
(Image removed from quote.)
:rejoice

213372bu

• My Phriend
« Reply #1880 on: July 16, 2019, 01:08:33 AM »
Lvl.79 dungeon was cool. Then I queued up for the trial and it popped and I confirmed only to realize I hadn't un-queued the lvl.79 dungeon and that was what popped so ended up doing it twice -_- Got me halfway to lvl.80 and filled out my right side slots in lvl.79 gear so I guess it's alright.

Trial was alright, maybe because the game's been out too long at this point but everyone knows what to do and the only thing I needed to know was to attack the tethered enemy during the dps check and the rest was just dodge stuff and keep wacking. Tatania seemed tougher, but it was earlier when fewer people knew what they are doing. I think half our party that time was new whereas I was the only new person on this 2nd trial.

So.many.cutscenes.and.minor.quests.afterwards

Was hoping to get to the final map before servers go down so I could see what it looks like but started to fall asleep in these quests so I gotta take a break and will get to the last area tomorrow. Hopefully it's pretty short and I shouldn't have to grind since I'm not that far from 80 already so maybe I can finish the MSQ tomorrow night and unlock the Eden raid? Idk, if not I'll do it Wednesday I guess.
I think the last dungeon is a gatekeeper, and the other endgame bosses are very interesting. Had wipes on both of them, and nothing felt stale.

Last area is more of a tight place, make sure to do your level 80 role quests asap as it'll be required for progression soon enough.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 01:14:52 AM by 213372bu »

Bebpo

« Reply #1881 on: July 16, 2019, 01:54:25 AM »
Yeah, 79 was pretty fun for tanking. Was the first dungeon where I'd almost die in pulls and really had to rotate cooldowns/popping TBN for DRK. Lotta fun. Bosses also had decent mechanics. I sorta feel like dungeons are better for tank & healer than DPS in general. For tank you can always play the fun meta-game of how much can I pull and just barely glass cannon stay alive and for healers it's the how the fuck do I keep my crazy tank alive panic mode. DPS just sit and do AoE attacks on mobs zzz, but get thrown some fun patterns on the bosses to dodge.

I did about half my role quest, yeah gonna go and finish it tomorrow before getting back to the msq.

I also think after I finish the MSQ, role quest, do the DRK 80 job quest, and do a run of the new raid tier I'm gonna take a break for a few weeks outside 1 night weekly raid run. I'm feeling pretty burnt out at this point. Like, normally I get in maybe 10-20 hours a week of gaming. I marathoned Baldur's Gate EE last month and played a ton and beat it around 40 hours in ~2 weeks. Right now I'm like 70 hours on Shadowbringers in 2 weeks all while working full time, going on multiple dates, social stuff with friends each week and 4th of July holiday stuff. At first I was taking it slow at my own pace and enjoying it, but last few days I've been kinda rushing to try to make the Eden raid and it's burning me the fuck out.

Next expansion I'm gonna say fuck being there day 1 for the raid tier pt.1 and just take my slow ass time to play regularly and take a month to get through the msq and enjoy it. While I love the day 1 of boss fights where no one knows what they're doing and it's wipe city learning mechanics, can still get that for raid tier pt.2 & pt.3 later on.

remy

« Reply #1882 on: July 16, 2019, 08:40:19 AM »
Just before the 79 trial.

fat boy gonna get his ass put to the sword!!!

I feel like I'm like a day behind Bebpo which has been interesting, fun. A lot of your thoughts mirror mine btw. kinda interested to see what this trial is like, but for some reason my queue is like... over ten minutes? The dungeon was great

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1883 on: July 16, 2019, 11:57:53 AM »

Akala

• VEGAS
« Reply #1884 on: July 16, 2019, 01:49:42 PM »
 :'(
Aka

Bebpo

« Reply #1885 on: July 16, 2019, 03:53:39 PM »
Got to the last map this morning before work. Cool stuff. Only 1 teleport station again just like HW ;_; Even in Stormblood the teleport stations were always a pain away from everything gathering-wise, but at least there were 2 :(

Also one of my minor complaints is as someone whose a big fan of the new beast tribes in each expansion, having this expansion be
parallel Eorza so the beast tribes are mostly just the ARR ones reskinned is a little disappointing. At least Il Mheg has a few new ones.

Oh and what the heck is up with Upper Rung having Red Dwarf tribe, with their own town, that's never even used. Instead of the boring questing up there, could've done something fun with the 2 dwarf tribes. Guessing they'll be related to a beast tribe or something...

213372bu

• My Phriend
« Reply #1886 on: July 16, 2019, 04:06:26 PM »
Yeah, unfortunately the last area is really small (1 aetheryte and the main draw is that boring beast tribe.)  :-\

Bebpo

« Reply #1887 on: July 16, 2019, 04:11:23 PM »
I'd rather it be small if it's only 1 teleport tbh. Getting around that last HW map is a paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain because everything is so spread out. Someone calls a Hunt there, good luck getting to it before it's pulled :|

Akala

• VEGAS
« Reply #1888 on: July 16, 2019, 05:39:35 PM »
not talking spoilers yet. :kermit
Aka

Bebpo

« Reply #1889 on: July 16, 2019, 07:13:08 PM »
Me and Remy'll be there soon!

Also I hope since they went all fantasy with this expansion (hence Yoshi-P's comments about making an FF that was pure fantasy without the sci-fi tech and everyone thought he was talking about FF16), that the next expansion is like SCI-FI FF and everything is crazy magitek everywhere. I want to go to space in FF8's Ragnorak next xpac!

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1890 on: July 16, 2019, 09:51:58 PM »
this random annoying kid in this nothing village in doma is gonna be a real issue. i can already tell >:(

Bebpo

« Reply #1891 on: July 17, 2019, 01:38:10 AM »
Ended up hitting the gym and getting drinks with an old friend tonight instead, oh well. Remy can catch up today and tomorrow we'll both beat it ;)

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1892 on: July 17, 2019, 08:38:38 AM »
this random annoying kid in this nothing village in doma is gonna be a real issue. i can already tell >:(
well that turned out better than expected. i figured he was gonna rat me out to zenos/anime hair lady but he was a bro instead. :D

remy

« Reply #1893 on: July 17, 2019, 10:21:55 AM »
Lol I went through the exact same arc with that kid.

Meanwhile, I made a bunch of progress today. Still not posting spoilers cuz this shit is god damn interesting. Shame that the last area is just that one placce with the beast tribe.

Also: I appreciate the catch up time Bebpo :D

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1894 on: July 17, 2019, 07:19:40 PM »
One day I will not make a new glamour before heading out to do stuff in game. Today is not that day.

Akala

• VEGAS
« Reply #1895 on: July 17, 2019, 08:16:45 PM »
Sidetracked by the true endgame...
Aka

Bebpo

« Reply #1896 on: July 17, 2019, 08:37:04 PM »
Did the role quest through 78 since not 80 yet and then got to the MSQ part where you need it. ~5 million xp short of 80, did some Fates but 300k or 700k for xp+ still gonna take a while for 5 mil. Just gonna run a leveling queue in a bit.

Bebpo

« Reply #1897 on: July 18, 2019, 03:53:55 AM »
This endgame msq is neat. This is a pretty massive expansion between the MSQ, role quests, hopefully decent job quests (although they've really shredded job quests here, you don't even get your job gear set or final skill from it!), etc...

Probably not gonna finish this tonight, but hoping to get to the final dungeon soon and then just do the dungeon/trial/ending/job quest/bonus dungeons/raid set tomorrow.

Also the english translation for this expansion feels like someone just discovered the word Indolence. I don't think I've ever seen it used before and they've used it like a dozen times in the MSQ.

Bebpo

« Reply #1898 on: July 18, 2019, 05:14:12 AM »
Ok, got to the final dungeon, will finish tomorrow.

Story-spoilz
Still siding more with Emelt-Sech than the main cast. Too bad we're gonna have to kill him.

my favorite bit of the msq there:

Bebpo

« Reply #1899 on: July 18, 2019, 03:33:14 PM »
Beat the msq

That was some damn good shit.

:lawd

I see why people give high praises for this expansion. It has some great highs, a few lows and a really strong finish. I’d say this was as good as Heavensward 3.0-3.3. Definitely a cut above Stormblood which suffered in story from the two locations split. Still, Otherd maps rule.

They could’ve ended the expansion on the previous boss and then everything after be 5.1-5.3 with this final boss being the epilogue boss, but definitely satisfying they did it this way.

I still have some reservations with the sin eaters storyline, which seems even more like filler now and the real stuff was the endgame story.

Like you beat the Wardens and their barriers and that’s it? Doesn’t that just clear the radius of Noverant? I figured you’d fight the Wardens boss, aka this planet’s hydelin/god and restore night to the whole world.

I hope that’s where 3.1-3.3 goes. Because otherwise not super satisfied with that side of the story. Also the way MC just got rid of the light in the boss fight seems kinda deus ex machina. I thought the whole point of Ardbert’s touching and continued existence was that Ardbert was there to absorb the light and die saving the MC.

But yeah, super satisfied with Emelt-Sech. Best Final Fantasy villain since idk Sephiroth? FF has issues with developing more than one-dimensional antagonists. So this was very nice. Also basically concludes the Ascians original Zodiark plan, so it’ll be interesting what they do with the rest of them. I’m guessing they’ll give them all their own individual agendas at this point and there will be a lot of in-fighting and some good guy Ascians at some point.

Last dungeon wasn’t too bad but had fun boss patterns. Final boss seemed a little too easy/simple in phase 1, but phase 2 was a great final boss. We lost 3 people and had to replenish. I like the DPS check at the end. I think the Ex version of this fight could be really satisfying in a God-Kefka, Neo-Exdeath/Omega kinda savage tier way.

Now time for Eden, bonus dungeons and DRK job quest!

213372bu

• My Phriend
« Reply #1900 on: July 18, 2019, 04:27:12 PM »
Yeah, I think Eden is going to focus on the rest of the light, so I think that the patch MSQ will focus on that last Ascian until we get to the next Allagan expansion.

I thought that this expansion did an amazing job taking such a mindless, boring, needlessly mysterious threat and making it interesting, all within one expansion.

I hope the lead writer is working on YoshiP's next big project. She's great!

Bebpo

« Reply #1901 on: July 18, 2019, 04:40:46 PM »
Big spoilers for Shadowbringers ending:

Yeah, I could see Eden being the big boss of light.

I also feel like they’ve been setting up Zenos trial for 5.3 since Stormblood’s after scenario. I’ll be glad when we finally get that trial and past it because honestly I feel like Zenos sucks at this point. He’s such a comical one line villian and SE is trying to make him the flagship antagonist just because he has cool armor.

Wasn’t super happy when he killed Varis. Varis actually seemed like a layered interesting antagonist who was a smart commander and was also against the Ascians. Seems like a bit of a misfire to take him out before the next expansion assuming it’s in Garlemaed. All just to put more focus on Zenos yawn. Let’s kill him in 3.3 and move on.

213372bu

• My Phriend
« Reply #1902 on: July 18, 2019, 04:47:40 PM »
I'm thinking that they're setting up a new threat.

The people who wrote this expansion knew what they were doing yet, they left Zenos as someone who is only going after WoL (and wants to see the power of Hydaelyn and Zodiark clash), and the last Ascian is an empty canvas for the most part.

With word that the next expansion will probably be wrapping up this story arc, I'm wondering what they plan to do.

Bebpo

« Reply #1903 on: July 18, 2019, 05:24:05 PM »
I'm thinking that they're setting up a new threat.

The people who wrote this expansion knew what they were doing yet, they left Zenos as someone who is only going after WoL (and wants to see the power of Hydaelyn and Zodiark clash), and the last Ascian is an empty canvas for the most part.

With word that the next expansion will probably be wrapping up this story arc, I'm wondering what they plan to do.

Yeah, I can see the next expansion wrapping everything up. I mean there's one real ascian left and garlemead is now without a leader and there's probably going to be a bunch of chaos going on. So an expansion dealing with the city and the last ascian would basically wrap everything up.

There's also some hints in Shadowbringers about what can be the next arc since Emel Secht pretty much says when something comes to threaten the entire planet are you guys going to be able to stand up to it. Next arc can deal with a major planet-wide disaster either coming from outer space, other dimensions or some internal planet issues like the ascians dealt with.

But it would be pretty funny if they kill off Eldibus in the next few patches before the next expansion and just completely end the ascian story even before that.

Bebpo

« Reply #1904 on: July 18, 2019, 06:47:12 PM »
The first Eden raid is really good for a normal difficulty raid. Feels more complex like the 3rd/4th raids rather than an opening one in the first tier. I looked at some of the gear sets and Dragoon/Ninja get some nice looking sets.

*edit* Also did Twinning which was a lot of fun. The last boss is great and like mini-raid boss. Taking a break for a bit before doing the other bonus dungeon and getting back to Eden raid.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 07:52:20 PM by Bebpo »

Akala

• VEGAS
« Reply #1905 on: July 18, 2019, 07:55:41 PM »
you tanked it? I haven't tried eden yet, will do maybe next weekend or maybe tonight, will be away all weekend lol.

I think most people agree the story ended pretty well and was overall a great expansion. The healer outfits are all clownshoes though.  :'(

Aka

Bebpo

« Reply #1906 on: July 18, 2019, 07:59:05 PM »
Yeah, my NIN is still 71 and WHM is 65. Did this whole expansion as tank and have sorta gotten the hang of it.

The tank outfits all sucked outside the dwarf set and job gear. I remember Stormblood having a lot of neat sets along the way. My lvl.65 WHM blue robe is pretty rad.

Bebpo

« Reply #1907 on: July 18, 2019, 08:09:36 PM »
Also re: tanking, I've been able to go into everything blind and just figure it out and it's been ok. In non-savage/ex raids so far there hasn't been anything that requires 2 tanks (still haven't shirked once yet), so basically it's not bad because even if I die the other tank can handle it until I get ressed. Also DRK's The Blackest Night is ridiculously OP and useful because you can basically throw it up everytime the boss does a new attack and hey if you fuck up you still take 0 damage or barely anything because TBN absorbs it and the cooldown is like 10 secs. Combination of both things above makes DRK pretty easy to jump in blind and learn as you go.

And there's only been 1 attack so far that required cooldowns to survive. The final boss has an attack "dual strike" on the two tanks and unless you pop something you'll die even with full HP. This was fun popping cooldowns to survive. I'd like to see more really hard hitting tankbusters that will kill you without a cooldown. I use all my cooldowns and TBN but if a boss attack doesn't do more than 20% damage (like raid-wide attacks) not even worth wasting a cooldown on.

I do like popping my -10% all party magic damage cooldown because the refresh time isn't bad and might as well pop it and buff the group a bit for a hit or two since it lasts 15 seconds. I'd like to see DRK get a stronger all-party buff like -20% magic damage for 10 seconds because that's DRK's only utility party shield/ability and -10% and only on magic attacks isn't really noticeable.

Bebpo

« Reply #1908 on: July 18, 2019, 11:37:49 PM »
Man, people are pretty salty right now when there's no Savage for the salty serious people to go and do their runs at. Did the 2nd Eden raid and one of the healers went off on me and the other tank because when we were dead we lost aggro and the healer got targeted. Wasn't a big deal but healer was salty af, and this is only on first wipe! We cleared it the 2nd run pretty much no problem. Good raid battle, complexity is definitely there and some of the new mechanics

time delayed stacks/spells/player blinds

were cool. I gotta imagine on Savage these raids are gonna be insane.
Also did the not-Twinning bonus dungeon. I really liked the first boss with the 2 sharks alternating. Thought that was really clever concept. Rest was pretty by the books.
Going into 3rd raid now...

Akala

• VEGAS
« Reply #1909 on: July 18, 2019, 11:50:46 PM »
Twinning not as bad as I thought once I realized lasers continue  :doge
Aka

Bebpo

« Reply #1910 on: July 19, 2019, 12:17:25 AM »
My game crashes whenever 200 people are on screen flying at an S rank hunt :( This is like the 3rd time it's happened.

Also, 3rd raid battle down. Was alright, kinda easy compared to the first two so a bit boring.
Also kinda a re-tread. Are we gonna fight a bunch more of kinda different primals? Hope not.

Bebpo

« Reply #1911 on: July 19, 2019, 01:21:08 AM »
Cleared the Eden raid. The battles are all fun but I definitely prefer the first two because

I want new cameos and exciting battles in Raids, not just fighting Alt-ARR primals in Alt-ARR Eorza /sigh
Titan was pretty funny though, especially riding his ATV lol
Graphics were a really nice improvement from their ARR counterparts for sure.

I wonder if Eden Prime should've been the 4th battle and not the first one. ATV Titan is kinda a weird final battle. Wonder how they'll change up Leviathon and Titan on Savage.

I'm also hoping that we'll just do alt-Ifrit to bring back fire and alt-Garuda to bring back wind and then call it a DAY and get back to original bosses for the remainder of the raid. Like if that's the case it would've worked better if like Tier 2 was just 4 alt-primal bosses and had it's own theme like how Omega tiers had FF5 theme and FF6 theme tiers.

Also I'm hoping for some FF8 cameos like I want the girl to be Edea or something.

Also did the Dark Knight job quest. These lvl.80 job quests are nowhere near the length of the old 4-5 quest stories. It was solid but it took about 10 mins and didn't have any battles/instances. It was also a weird closure quest for Dark Knight in a way that seems like it's saying "goodbye job quests". Will be very interesting to see what they do next expansion and whether there are no job quests at all past this point and all the lvl.80 job quests here are just wrapping things up for the job stories.

Pretty much done with everything DRK now, all that's left is bringing up my NIN/WHM and Gatherers/Crafters to 80, their role quests and then their scrip recipes/tome books/scrip gear. Plenty of time for all of that though since no more content outside Savage until September. Will take it slow now.

*edit* damn, just looked at my steam time, ~85 hours since started Shadowbringers. Lotta game. Good stuff though. Time to take it easy for a while.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 01:32:39 AM by Bebpo »

Bebpo

« Reply #1912 on: July 19, 2019, 01:54:01 AM »
Reading up on Eden raid impressions online and some neat tidbits:

-Someone pointed out that the mystery knight from raid 2 uses time shifting magic in her attacks. So yeah, it’s gotta be Edea and the raid will probably go time travel at some point.

-There’s a theory that the savage version of the raid will be in reverse with Titan first and Eden Prime last (and then maybe a god Eden Prime phase) and that’ll just be chalked up to the minstrel being weird on the first. This would be cool if it happens.

-General consensus pretty much seems to be that 3 of the raids are cool & fun but Lev is a bit zzz since most of its mechanics are just Shinryu but easier. Wonder if they can mix it up enough in Savage to make it more interesting.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1913 on: July 19, 2019, 09:55:10 AM »
Playing a bit in FF Mongolia and I'm liking it. I like the idea of all the different tribes with totally different cultures and societies and stuff, curious how deep they will go with that. Also Lord Hien seems like a bro fo sho.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1914 on: July 19, 2019, 03:20:44 PM »
Got my Monk and Gunbreaker to level 80. Working on Pally next. Dreading leveling my Astro because I loved the card mechanic. But that’s next followed by Samurai and Dragoon. Interested in trying Dancer, Warrior, and White Mage.

Still need to finish the story. Got to do the role quests. My feelings so far are that the story is good, but like all of XIV’s stuff I only care about the main plot. With ARR it was the stuff with Gaius, Hevansword it was the dragonsong War, Stormblood it was just Alg Mihigo, and with Shadow it’s the Ascians. When these stories take side tours and deal with small things in the world I lose interests. Shadow has been a bit better since the party this time feels well like an actual party. More so then the past expansions. Thracred feels like a real character and the subplot with Magnus actually was a good contrast with him. I’ve really liked the story so far.

213372bu

• My Phriend
« Reply #1915 on: July 19, 2019, 07:14:48 PM »
Got excited to level my Weaver to 80, but there's only one generic glamour shirt/pants which requires the rarest mats in the lvl 80 8 party treasuremap. :doge

Bebpo

« Reply #1916 on: July 19, 2019, 10:04:30 PM »
Yeah, I tried going on today and realized I'm gonna abandon my crafters. I started leveling them with leves and I've got the money to do that real quickly but sitting there grabbing a leve and turning it in and unlocking the 75-80 crafts with one class I just felt like this is tedious and pointless and why bother.

Even the gathering feels pretty pointless outside it bringing in gil through retainers. But gathering is easy enough to level just buy buying the HQ GC turn-ins each day (I'm already at 77 for all three) that I'll get them to 80 since it's like no effort. I make like 500k gil a day and buying those turn ins is like 100-150k gil max.

I did some of the gathering role quest and it's zzz, the crafting ones look expensive for zzz results. The Ishgard restoration stuff isn't out yet and Recipe Books VII aren't out yet.

Pretty much just felt over the whole crafting/gathering thing. I've felt at multiple times it was a big waste of like 500 hours of time getting them all maxed, but now going into an expansion with them at the lvl.70 full i350 blue gear, I'm just not motivated to do anything with them. Even gathering my own mats, making stuff is still a pain in the butt and needs a ton of mats and if I don't need to use the gear then it's just for selling and I have enough gil. I'm also pretty tired of making gil as ironic as that sounds. It's a pain in the ass every day to keep restocking my retainers because everything keeps selling -_-

I think I'm just gonna level my WHM & NIN and then call it a day. Cutting out the crafting/gathering stuff will make FF14 much less of a timesink than it is since once you have your battle classes to 80 there's nothing to do besides raid run once a week and fashion report fridays. Maybe I'll get them to 80 using beast tribe like I did mostly in Stormblood, but ehhhh, I think I'm out on crafting.

Akala

• VEGAS
« Reply #1917 on: July 20, 2019, 09:46:24 AM »
I haven’t decided on crafting either. I say I will wait in the beast tribes but we’ll see. I missed the entire Namazu arc as all were already leveled.  :'(

Hopefully beast tribe is in Aumarot but pretty sure will be lol Sahagin again.
Aka

Bebpo

« Reply #1918 on: July 20, 2019, 02:31:00 PM »
Yeah, fighting is definitely more fun than leveling crafters. Figure I can get 1 level WHM, 1 level NIN per day pretty quick. With NIN doing FATES to get the riding maps. When I beat the game I was like where do you get riding maps for Shadowbringers? And then I looked it up and saw you need 6 fates per area and most of mine were between 2-4 with one at rank 2 already.

Also did some hunt trains and that's pretty efficient for tomes since you get 20 instead of the usual 10 for A ranks since these tomes are gonna be outdated soon as everyone gears with Eden normal/savage stuff. Bought an i440 sword for my DRK just because I dunno if I'll do the Ex primals. Also all the crystals from A hunt trains are good money for a while.

Oh and got my frog mount this morning. The flying version is greaaaat.

Akala

• VEGAS
« Reply #1919 on: July 21, 2019, 12:41:45 PM »
Frog mount?
Aka