Author Topic: FFXIV  (Read 216415 times)

Bebpo

Re: FFXIV
« Reply #1860 on: July 28, 2019, 02:44:55 AM »
So like the price of selling a solo treasure map in SHB is like 10-12k whatever but I just did my first in SHB and the HQ mats I got from the chest sold for like 125k total lol

Bebpo

« Reply #1861 on: July 28, 2019, 06:53:49 PM »
Yeah, once the treasure canals open for SHB I'll get back to running 8 person map parties.

Bebpo

« Reply #1862 on: July 28, 2019, 09:57:56 PM »
Got NIN to 73 and WHM almost to 72. Wanna get them in sync so they can share dungeon drops. My dungeon drop experience in SHB has been pretty awful across the board. Barely got any DRK/NIN/WHM left-side pieces in all my DRK dungeon runs and I've run that first 71 dungeon like 2 times with WHM and 2 times with NIN and I still don't have a single left-side NIN piece and only have the head piece & cane for WHM.

I feel like you still get lots of drops for job gear that isn't one of the 4 players, which is stupid. Dungeons should just drop gear for the jobs of the people playing. Also what's up with the first and second boss fights only dropping 1 piece of gear each. I thought usually it's 2-3 in past dungeons.

Basically feels like if you want to grind out a dungeon gear glam left-side set for a job it'll take you pretty close to the full 10 runs of it per class since it still gives you 1 piece per run.

WHM is fun as usual, but with NIN I really feel the weakass DPS. Feels like I'm doing barely any damage and even just AoE spamming the enemies takes foreeever in the 71 dungeon. I really hope the patch on Tuesday buffs NIN damage output.

Bebpo

« Reply #1863 on: July 28, 2019, 10:16:51 PM »
I also think I'm ready to take a break and play some other stuff. Doing roulette/SHB dungeons/fates with secondary jobs to slowly level them is very doable but it's also putting me to sleep. Will see what Tuesday's patch brings, but might get out after I finish my Eden set for my DRK.

Bebpo

« Reply #1864 on: July 30, 2019, 03:19:44 AM »
Patch notes:
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/b6083dbda4e9497698b64163ffc8cee52472b81a

Seems so bizarre that it almost feels like this patch was in the works before release and is not a reactionary patch to balance issues since launch. NIN and AST got minor bandaids that will make both jobs a little bit more competitive, but I still think NIN is gonna end up the worst DPS even with TA included for now. All it got was a damn 50 potency buff on its standard 1-2-3 combo which will add up as you do a lot of combos in a fight, but it still needed some more changes.

SAM players are all very confused at Hakagure is coming back apparently because it has no place in the current rotation.

Red Mage is a little better, same but MP is less of an issue.

and Monk which was already top-tier DPS output got a bunch of improvements to make it a better and more fun rotation, so it's probably the best physical DPS right now? With Black Mage being the best magical.

Anyhow, pretty disappointed at the NIN lack of changes. Hoping 5.1 in September brings some more fixes. At least they didn't nerf White Mage and DRK is generally fine if a bit simple.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1865 on: July 30, 2019, 11:04:56 AM »
I don't remember seeing much of the FFT raid before it dropped so who knows. Then again, this time last expansion I was kind of over it.

I sort of feel bad for the devs, it's kind of a no win situation...they just dropped tons of content, and people are already getting sort of bored. That said, the tome grind is really disheartening to me and just really not my thing. I mean I know it's a treadmill and they need steady content but what a fake drip. I do like the look of the phanta set for heals and especially caster though.

I think I just really like the journey more than the end (to an extent anyway).

Bebpo

« Reply #1866 on: July 30, 2019, 01:23:43 PM »
Yeah, I did the tome grind for a bit when I first caught up to current level and then decided it's not worth spending 30 mins doing an old crappy dungeon for 20 tomes of some gear that'll be quickly outdated.

I feel like the normal raid grind is the only grind that isn't bad. You do 4 fun fights which are about 10-15 mins each once a week for a month every 6 months and you're basically geared up good enough for everything except Savage fights.

*edit* actually this time around the i450 gear can take you through Savage E4.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 01:51:17 PM by Bebpo »

Bebpo

« Reply #1867 on: July 31, 2019, 03:39:23 PM »
MIN/BOT hit 80 through GC turn-ins & some custom deliveries, yay. FSH like halfway to 79 but will get there soon.
Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.

Crafters are all over the place. I'm really only leveling them through custom deliveries xp if the bonus is on a crafting item. Once in a while if the starred double xp GC turn-in is an item that only takes like 2 mats to make I'll just go gather the HQ mats myself and make a HQ item for 4x xp and get a 1/2 level of xp. Did that this morning with Purple Carrot Juice for my CUL (Pixie Apples + Purple Carrots). The blacksmith/armorer gear that takes like 5-6 mats (and most are ingots/nuggets so if you're starting from base materials it's like 10 mats) just ain't worth the time or money. Might as well just do basic item leves at that point.

When I get a chance I'll do my week 3 Eden normal and get closer to gearing out my DRK in full Eden i450 set. Should be able to get body piece this week, have all right-side pieces and legs right now, aiming for body & head this week and then will do legs & arms in the next 2 weeks to finish out.

I watched some clear vids of E1 Savage. Looks ok, kinda disappointed they didn't do anything really interesting with it (like the guess people were making that the order would be reversed making Eden Prime the final epic 4th battle), but maybe just had too high expectations. I did like the new pattern they threw in with E1S where you get the new rotating markers but on multiple spots on the map so you have to pay attention to them all instead of just running in a circle around the boss. I might try to clear the 2 Ex bosses and E1S on PF at some point. I'm still a little nervous about taking my DRK into serious content because I've never tanked or healed a real non-unsync Ex/Savage, only DPS so I'm comfortable DPS-ing on those but not sure about tanking/healing on them. But since NIN sucks now and it's my only DPS, if I do Ex/Savage this expansion I might try doing it as a healer since WHM is great and pretty easy to play.

Also saw the bit on E4S where

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Titan goes big on the side of the map.

But still, it's just Titan yawn, we better fight Eden itself again at the end.
[close]

Bebpo

« Reply #1868 on: August 01, 2019, 12:03:46 AM »
Yay, got exactly the drops I needed on first run of each. So far in first 3 weeks haven't had to do any of the 4 Eden trials more than once each week. Just have arms/legs left.

[/url]

[close]

Also I discovered in this run that there are some mechanics I don't really understand in E4 and somehow just got lucky and never died in the first two weeks. Died a bunch of times and had up to 5 vuln stacks :( Time to watch a guide.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1869 on: August 01, 2019, 08:46:29 AM »
goddamn thats a cool armor set

Bebpo

« Reply #1870 on: August 01, 2019, 09:52:56 PM »
I reallly need to take a break so I don't get addicted. All other games are boring right now :( And it's not like I'm doing anything interesting in this. Fisher hit 80 so all gatherers at 80, I'd made about 10-15 million gil in the last month so I went the lazy route and jumped from lvl 70 yellow scrip gear -> i430 HQ crafted set which should take me until year 2 of the expansion when I can upgrade to scrip gear V2 easily through custom deliveries.

Started getting into the sinkhole that is crafting ughhhh, started doing the role quest items for GSM/BSM/ARM and mats were way overpriced so I went around gathering everything from scratch myself and then make the items and making extra mats to sell and make more gil because I always feel like if I'm taking the time to craft anything might as well always craft 2 and sell the other one for the next person in my spot. Got GSM from 73->75 from the first 2 levels of the role quest, all 6 items gives almost a whole level. Took me a few hours though gathering and crafting the mats. Rest of crafters are 70/71/72. It's definitely doable to level crafters outside the 1 free level a week from custom deliveries, but once you're done with the role quest xp, it's either expensive buying the big leve items or takes forever grabbing the leves and turning them in with the smaller mat items. That across 8 crafters is way too tedious.

Doing some hunts that get called while I'm doing other stuff. Did a couple S ranks and getting some tomes from that. I think I'll just save up the new tomes until I hit 1000 for the i460 weapon I can upgrade to i470 since I don't see myself getting the Savage weapon.

I also checked out the full sets for tank gear from the new i450 crafted set & i460 tome set. The i450 looks pretty nice, i460 looks meh. The i475 Eden sword that goes with the Eden tank outfit is pretty nice but yeah no way I'm getting that lol. I just realized today that all these 8man Raid gear sets every 6 months actually have a nice looking weapon that goes with them and matches...it's just its the savage weapon which I never get so I never see it haha. Maybe I can go back and get the Alexander/Omega ones unsync at some point.

Not really feeling motivated to level WHM/NIN that much right now. Fine saving this for later when I come back for 5.1 in the fall. But yeah, after I get the last pieces of my Eden set I need to just stop playing until the 24man raid patch drops in September and take a break.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1871 on: August 01, 2019, 11:25:55 PM »
I kind of feel you.  :lol

Personally I am kind of done but also kinda having fun, have slowed play but still have the want to crack out, which is for the best. Still a lot of classes to play/stuff to do, I haven't done most of the 3.x bosses or raids tbh.

I started gathering but am too cheap to put much into it so it's going to be slow. Crafting seems like a carnival of pain, although it's pretty easy, my 72 BSM and can make HQ weapons.

Will be fucking around with this for a while but tbh focus shifting back to other games/RL lol.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1872 on: August 02, 2019, 08:38:00 AM »
My schedule of only having time to really go hard 1 day a week has certainly helped with keeping the game interesting, even if I'm progressing slowly. I believe I'm nearly through Stormblood base game now though. I took over some bridge in Ala Mhigo and I gotta go fight a snake primal out of nowhere so things are looking interesting.

Stormblood story has been real up and down but I think I still like it more than Heavensward just because the locations are more interesting. I really liked the look and feel of everything in Doma more than most of Heavensward stuff (minus Sea of Clouds, I loved that zone).

Bebpo

« Reply #1873 on: August 04, 2019, 02:18:53 PM »
Did a map party and did like 3-4 runs of the new map dungeon. We only got to floor 2 ;_;

And the loot payouts were really bad. Like all the items people would get lumber/yarn/nuggets were all base lvl.70-72 type items that sell for maybe 3k-5k each. Basically in 8 map runs I got about 30k when could've sold the map for 200k+, doesn't seem worth doing the maps at this point.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1874 on: August 05, 2019, 09:48:15 AM »

:rofl

Bebpo

« Reply #1875 on: August 05, 2019, 03:04:59 PM »
Map prices cratered today on Ultros. Goodbye daily extra 200k gil intake, was nice while it lasted. Probably fall back to standard 50-70k soon.

Bebpo

« Reply #1876 on: August 06, 2019, 01:19:23 PM »
Yeah, was at 110k yesterday, down to 61k this morning on Ultros.

Anyhow, I did my custom deliveries with my lvl.80 gatherers and starting gearing with white scrip gear which then led me to try the rowena white scrip turn ins for unspoiled/legendary nodes (have legendary mining book already) and damn, I never realized how quick and easy it is to gear up gatherers with scrip gear.

Like fuck crafting and leveling 8 freaking jobs and gearing them, if you only did battle characters & gatherers it wouldn't be that much of a timesink to stay near top gear level in this game. Crafters...yeah, gonna take me 6 months at this rate lol why am I doing this. I do like crafting items with mats I've gathered though, something fun in that.

Another thing is that I see people bash on FFXIV's combat sometimes as slow and boring and you know when it comes to DPS-ing in dungeons I can agree with that. Leveling my NIN from 70-80 is pretty damn boring. I did the 73 dungeon the other day (NIN/WHM are 73 now) and all you do in dungeons is sit in the AoE circle and hit 2 buttons (used to be 1 button) over and over as you slowly grind the grunts down. Bosses are fine, but generally dungeon bosses are too easy to be all that interesting. Raids/bosses are great, but dungeons as DPS are zzzzzzzzzzz.

Healing is a lot more fun in dungeons because you actually have to try to keep your tank alive and keep the other players alive in addition to some dps. Tanking is fun too because of all the big pulls and cooldown popping trying to glass cannon. But DPS is really boring to level. Even fates get old quick and sidequests just don't pay out that much xp though I should probably do more of them. Hunts are helpful though.

One thing that is annoying is if you have a battle job retainer and then you change main jobs like I did from NIN -> DRK, your retainer is fucked. If you want to change to DRK you start at lvl.1 again (lol). So now my MIN/BOT/FSH retainers all hit 80 but my battle retainer is stuck at 73 and I'm always going to have to keep NIN up every expansion for that retainer.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #1877 on: August 08, 2019, 05:15:44 PM »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1878 on: August 09, 2019, 07:23:46 PM »
Had fun with the Moonfire stuff, I'm a fan of jumping puzzles though. Also there was glamour gear so I had to do it :lol

[close]

Bebpo

« Reply #1879 on: August 09, 2019, 07:28:40 PM »
Nice, yeah I gotta do it this weekend.

Did enough Eden to get my arms. All that's missing for my tank set are belt & legs and since both aren't visible I don't care anymore :P Just doing it for the glam.
Now that 3 of my 4 retainers are 80 I'm figuring out what items are the most profitable to grab, craft and sell.

The ironic thing about making money through gathering, low level crafting (ingots/woods) is that it's always the mats from the old expansions that are selling for more than the current expansion items because there's fewer people gathering them. So basically you have a maxed out i440 gatherer and it's more efficient to just grab some HW/SB mats.

Game always amazes me how often the carrot at the stick ends up being worthless and you're leveling up just for the sake of leveling. Still good to have for grabbing & selling maps and grabbing any specific items you need for crafting if there's nothing reasonable on the MB.

Bebpo

« Reply #1880 on: August 14, 2019, 02:37:26 PM »
So in the FC chat, the people who follow this stuff said SAM is getting a minor update in 5.08 and NIN job getting a complete rework to come with 5.1

Hope they can save NIN without dumbing it down to boring. My NIN's still 73 so I might just focus on my 74 WHM for now and leave leveling NIN to 80 for after 5.1 drops.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1881 on: August 14, 2019, 03:03:52 PM »
Hope they fix it or at least bring it up some for you lol.

I have been kind of off and on, really only doing starred turn-ins and making a few additional to sell. Got my SCH to 70, I just really don't like it as much as WHM (to 70 anyway). I dig that I get a charity DPS to 70 as well, and gear is free with poetics. Not sure how much more I will be raising it in short-term.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1882 on: August 14, 2019, 04:55:16 PM »
I kind of don’t mind the Astro changes. I just wish the cards had different effects beyond damage buffs.

I’ve leveled it to 80 recently and still find it to be a very fun and active as fuck class. 

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1883 on: August 15, 2019, 12:28:20 PM »
Finished Stormblood (base) and been fucking around with side stuff before going into the other story bits. Omega is really awesome...fighting the Phantom Train and Kefka really is sweet and all the boss fights have been a blast. Gonna try and go through the Alphascape section tonight, we'll see how the queues treat me.

Also I love that because I'm doing all this during the Moonfire stuff, I get these cutscenes about how this is the most deadly threat of all time to the entire world and it's all very serious and important...and then everyone in the group is wearing holiday masks and beachwear :lol

[close]
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 12:34:12 PM by nachobro »

Bebpo

« Reply #1884 on: August 15, 2019, 04:01:29 PM »
Yeah the Phantom Train is probably my favorite throwback moment in the entire game. The chime at the start is so nostalgic! I grew up on FF6 so that tier is like best thing ever for me.

Bebpo

« Reply #1885 on: August 15, 2019, 04:02:59 PM »
Lately just been crafting and gathering. Been going through the crafting role quests and the starred 2x xp GC turns. Basically if the mats are cheap I'll grab them on the MB, but if they're not I'll just go and gather a bunch and make the mats to use and sell the extra mats since they're expensive.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1886 on: August 15, 2019, 05:41:45 PM »
Lately just been crafting and gathering. Been going through the crafting role quests and the starred 2x xp GC turns. Basically if the mats are cheap I'll grab them on the MB, but if they're not I'll just go and gather a bunch and make the mats to use and sell the extra mats since they're expensive.

yep, literally what I've been doing. getting paid to level, and with macros I really don't mind crafting (especially if working from home).

Bebpo

« Reply #1887 on: August 16, 2019, 11:25:39 AM »

yep, literally what I've been doing. getting paid to level, and with macros I really don't mind crafting (especially if working from home).

I've never made any crafting macros  :'(

Are you upgrading your gear? I'm still running the i340 scrip gear at around lvl.75-77 with some crafters and on lvl.75 role quest turn-ins I'm still getting 100% quality with all normal mats. I figure at some point I may need to upgrade but if I can make it to 80 and then get a set of crafted gear that'd be good (since scrip turn-ins first time around is way too much since each crafting class has unique gear) and that should take me to the second set of scrip turn-in gear where it's just one outfit for all crafters + unique primary/secondaries.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1888 on: August 16, 2019, 12:29:03 PM »
I HQ'd the 71 tools myself and have the top 70 scrip gear on all slots and have had no issues with anything. May need to make more tools at 75 but i honestly don't think will need to upgrade clothes till 80.

Definitely look into at least the 40 durability macro, I can give you one later this weekend if you can't find...basically ensures HQ mats which make HQ crafts a breeze.

**and yes screw class-specific gear.  :camby

Bebpo

« Reply #1889 on: August 16, 2019, 01:55:35 PM »
Yeah that’d be nice. I don’t even bother trying to HQ current content 40 Durability items. Just do NQ and sell them or use them for other crafting. I can usually HQ 80 durability just stacking inner quiet and then using bygrot blessing at the end (btw it’s bullshit that’s specialists lost 100% success on that).

I use steady hand II and the one that makes durability use 5 instead of 10 for four turns, and use rapid progress to get 1 careful synthesis away from completion and then spam touch I or II until out of SP and bygrot and then final turn finish progress.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1890 on: August 16, 2019, 02:36:31 PM »
Had a recent guide on reddit.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IU-2SAffMkyhNEr2VtXVcgEJKTRgb2gq9maiFNv3xdk/edit

I think prep touch is the one with only 5 dura loss, with ManipII it is free lol. Think this would be it:

/ac "Inner Quiet" <wait.2>
/ac "Manipulation II" <wait.2>
/ac "Steady Hand II" <wait.2>
/ac "Preparatory Touch" <wait.3>
/ac "Steady Hand I" <wait.2>
/ac "Great Strides" <wait.2>
/ac "Byregot's Blessing" <wait.3>
/ac "Careful Synthesis III" <wait.3>

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1891 on: August 16, 2019, 07:19:54 PM »
yeah. it's a rabbit hole, although they made it a lot easier this xpac.

also, PRUDENT touch is the one i was talking about not prep...that's a (good) new skill.

Bebpo

« Reply #1892 on: August 16, 2019, 08:26:37 PM »
I haven't touched any of the new skills haha, I should. Haven't checked out any of the 71-80 gathering skills either other than Fishing where identical catch/gig is helpful.

So I was running some duty roulettes as WHM and I got the Yojimbo trial and we were barely making it and at last 10% my controller disconnected and ran out of batteries so I just stood there and couldn't heal :( First time that's ever happened! Apologized to everyone (we still made it) but felt bad about it. One reason to go KB+M I guess.

Bebpo

« Reply #1893 on: August 17, 2019, 03:28:06 PM »
Is the lvl.74 nuke for White Mage not supposed to have any visual effect? Considering it's a super holy nuke I was expecting to see a big flash like holy or something but first time I did it I wasn't sure if I actually used it, then I used it again and it just seemed like it had zero visual to it and just a number pops up?

I'm getting the hang of healing rotation in SHb with WHM. Full team staying alive lately in dungeons with full pulls.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1894 on: August 17, 2019, 05:34:22 PM »
Yeah I'm about done for this part of FFXIV. Leveling a SMN is really boring and I don't care to play SCH outside of the MSQ Daily. I've never been into caster or range classes, but I want to finish at least SMN so I can do the last Role Quest. If I can finish just this, I'll be out of FFXIV until next patch.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1895 on: August 17, 2019, 06:14:48 PM »

Bebpo

« Reply #1896 on: August 17, 2019, 06:21:30 PM »
Lol, the fishing bit throwing the phone into the lake was lol

Is this official or just a fan made thing?

Chooky

« Reply #1897 on: August 17, 2019, 09:59:57 PM »
this was one of their april fools jokes

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1898 on: August 18, 2019, 11:32:59 AM »
Yeah  :lol

Pretty sure I posted it before but saw it again yesterday

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1899 on: August 18, 2019, 12:39:07 PM »
i still wish they'd make the fighting game they put out a joke video for :(

Bebpo

« Reply #1900 on: August 18, 2019, 12:42:50 PM »
Lol, I haven’t seen these. That fighting one looks like a ps1 shitty spinoff fighter. Aka they nailed it!

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1901 on: August 18, 2019, 05:16:48 PM »
Finally used a Fantasia since I have four sitting around and...I'm not sure if I'm digging it. Might just be cause I haven't changed my look since 2013 so I'm gonna keep using this for a weekish and see what I think

[close]
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 05:49:03 PM by nachobro »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1902 on: August 18, 2019, 06:28:56 PM »
also not gonna lie i'm mainly salty that the hempen camise looks like underwear on au ra so it ruins my main glamour

[close]

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1903 on: August 19, 2019, 12:30:21 AM »
 :lol

Nuuuu Lizard ppl are gross.

Bebpo

« Reply #1904 on: August 19, 2019, 03:15:33 AM »
Yeah, catgirls > weird dragon people.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1905 on: August 19, 2019, 07:19:36 AM »
anything is better than the new big dopey looking cat guys.  :doge

I have no room to really talk about anything as I play a fucking catgirl, but objectively this is a dangerously furry game.

:notlikethis

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1906 on: August 19, 2019, 08:39:18 AM »
hrothgar make some pretty hilarious dancers but i'll still skip that change. :lol

i'll probably end up swapping back but i figured it was worth a shot. i actually would probably keep the change but there's been a couple shots in cutscenes that annoy me cause my character's eyes are too far apart now so she looks extra dumb.

got an unintended creepy shot on the quest where you go out with the sultana
[close]
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 08:43:27 AM by nachobro »

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1907 on: August 19, 2019, 10:39:27 AM »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1908 on: August 20, 2019, 06:52:25 PM »
I told myself I was gonna wait and see instead of immediately changing back but

[close]

been a cat too long for that. :lol now i wish i could sell fantasias on the market board cause i got these other ones i know i'll never touch.

now to finish off stormblood. finished omega and some other bits. gonna do the FFT/12 stuff and then bang out the rest of the main story.

Bebpo

« Reply #1909 on: August 20, 2019, 07:04:41 PM »
Where do you get the hat that's off-center? Or is that using the adjust visor button? Because my masks all just cover my face from the event.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1910 on: August 20, 2019, 07:07:56 PM »
just the adjust visor button. took me longer than i want to admit to figure that out :doge

Bebpo

« Reply #1911 on: August 20, 2019, 08:06:23 PM »
I don't think anyone else has figured that out  :lol Never seen anyone wearing it like that.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1912 on: August 20, 2019, 08:42:05 PM »
that's funny :lol i just saw a character with it on the lodestone page so i figured it had to be possible

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2019/Moonfire_Faire/

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1913 on: August 20, 2019, 09:51:22 PM »
I never knew that.

I was trying to figure out how Warriors had their helms show their face!

Bebpo

« Reply #1914 on: August 20, 2019, 10:50:11 PM »
Nothing more soul-destroying than waiting 15 mins in a DPS queue, then 45 mins in some old dungeon that people are dying in, and then your xp gain from leveling roulette is so small you can't even tell what it did for you  :(

I'm really not enjoying leveling my NIN that much in the mid-70s. Roulettes are take hours to gain a level, Fates are empty and hard to survive solo with DPS, and quests giving like 250k xp is ok but you gotta do like 50 of them just to gain a half level. Everything just feels like a total grinddddd.

For whatever reason WHM doesn't feel as bad because dungeons are more fun and you can solo fates a lot easier.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1915 on: August 22, 2019, 10:01:54 AM »
Rathalos was a fun fight! Of course now to get the glamour armor I have to run it 13 more times. :lol Guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend while watching GB vids and TI.

[close]

Bebpo

« Reply #1916 on: August 22, 2019, 12:39:05 PM »
Someday I will grind that 50 times to get the mount...

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1917 on: August 22, 2019, 12:46:22 PM »
I still haven't done Rathalos. I have a shitton of trails to finish in general, I dislike healing trial fights. DPS has it so much easier...it's more likely I do them on BRD/SMN, wrapping up warring triad now.  :lol

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1918 on: August 22, 2019, 01:15:20 PM »
Rathalos was pretty easy, didn't even take any damage outside of the unavoidable bits. There's no ground markers for his attacks but if you just watch him you can move out of the way of his fire and such. 3rd phase doesn't even have any healing, you have to use the dungeon item (mega potion) so that helps a bit for healers. Whole thing took under 5 mins on normal.

EX seems to be the same fight but with 4 players instead of 8. I understand that's a bit harder because the adds don't give a fuck about tank aggro in EX.

Akala if you go while I'm on to trials hmu cause I'll run anything that has a quicker queue than 20+ min per for solo dps
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 01:19:43 PM by nachobro »

Bebpo

« Reply #1919 on: August 22, 2019, 04:11:34 PM »
EX seems to be the same fight but with 4 players instead of 8. I understand that's a bit harder because the adds don't give a fuck about tank aggro in EX.

I haven't tried the Ex fight. Are you doing it sync or unsync?