Author Topic: FFXIV  (Read 216411 times)

nachobro

• Live Más
Re: FFXIV
« Reply #1920 on: August 22, 2019, 04:57:53 PM »
i haven't tried it yet either, just glanced at a mechanics guide. i believe if you want the mount you should just run normal. that seems to give two normal scales, while ex gives one normal and one rathalos+ scale and the mount is 50 normal scales.

only XIV dungeon i've done where you actually have to loot the boss. the game reminded me about it and i still almost forgot.

Bebpo

« Reply #1921 on: August 22, 2019, 10:35:23 PM »
Haha, that’s because it’s a monster hunter fight!

They did a good job

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1922 on: August 22, 2019, 11:22:48 PM »
i've never played a monster hunter game but i love when crossovers like this really take everything from the source material. the mechanics guide i used also said that his tells before tail swipe and fire are the same as in monster hunter, so that's cool.

Bebpo

« Reply #1923 on: August 23, 2019, 02:37:12 AM »
Kind of an interesting tidbit. So I had to delete some games to clear HDD space and stuff like Hitman 2 is like 100gb, and every standard AAA game is 60-80gb, and games that are a service like Gran Turismo Sport on PS4 are like 100gb+ because they keep adding content.

So I figured with FF14 continually adding content and VA work and stuff it'd probably be like 100-150gb at this point, but when I checked it's like 40gb? Game is really efficient space-wise.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1924 on: August 23, 2019, 09:15:46 AM »
something about mmos leads to space efficiency, wow has been adding content and video and va for like 15 years and it's only ~80gb

Rman

« Reply #1925 on: August 23, 2019, 11:18:13 AM »
So I may join in since I love FF and this has been getting tons of love. Is it worth playing on a base PS4? Not a PC guy.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1926 on: August 23, 2019, 11:47:10 AM »
I was playing it for a bit on a silm PS4, worked well imo. Only annoying thing is using chat with PS4 pad but you can hook up any usb KB/M if you want for both play and chat.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 11:52:16 AM by nachobro »

Bebpo

« Reply #1927 on: August 23, 2019, 11:51:18 AM »
So I may join in since I love FF and this has been getting tons of love. Is it worth playing on a base PS4? Not a PC guy.

I play with a ps4 controller on pc and it plays great, but I chat on keyboard and imagine that would be awful on controller.

If you can get a ps4 keyboard it should be fine.

Bebpo

« Reply #1928 on: August 23, 2019, 02:04:33 PM »
Aaaand after like 6 months of fashion reports and daily scratch offs, got my 2 million MGP Golden Saucer mount (which is way too expensive compared to other mounts)

Now back to 0 MGP!

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1929 on: August 23, 2019, 03:19:23 PM »
that thing is crazy  :o

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1930 on: August 25, 2019, 09:42:53 PM »
slowly slowly slowly making my way towards shadowbringers. did a bunch of stormblood story got through the whole weird yotsuya and zenos fanboy arc and then got sidetracked with the animal god trials, they are all really fun. someone in the party compared the phoenix one to ddr and said i'd better not mess it up as a dancer, but it was easy enough.

also purchased the endless summer set cause it's only $5 and the sunglasses that come with it are well worth it for a Frat Boy WoL look :lol also you can wear them on your forehead with /visor

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1931 on: August 26, 2019, 05:14:05 PM »
Got 80 on miner way out of line with the other turn--ins, I was going to gear it up but got cheap and may wait until I can craft it all myself lol. all the crafting classes are like 72-74 so it may be a while.

Haven't had much time to play recently but that will change once wife starts class.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1932 on: August 27, 2019, 11:50:44 PM »
barely touched the game this week but i had to post this extra dumb reshade preset i installed :lol

[close]

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1933 on: August 28, 2019, 12:10:16 AM »
 :lol

I haven't really done any battle content since the first tomestone week.  :doge

Did the rising cause generally I really like it...it's kinda soso this year, but was able to get a lot of...posters lol. I caved and got gatherer gear, will need to outfit a retainer anyway (it's 80 already as well).

Bebpo

« Reply #1934 on: August 28, 2019, 02:21:38 AM »
barely touched the game this week but i had to post this extra dumb reshade preset i installed :lol

[close]

Haha, that’s great. Eorza Vice.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1935 on: August 28, 2019, 08:42:47 AM »
oh shi i better do the rising, need that yshtola minion

Bebpo

« Reply #1936 on: August 28, 2019, 03:35:16 PM »
Yeah, will do Rising one of these weekends. Crafters are making some progress with turn-ins and alllmost have all the legendary books (just need fishing) and white scrip gear for the 3 gatherers. I'll probably end up with all my crafters at 80 well before the crafting beast tribe this time, so guess I'll skip that one since no real point outside the few items if you're not getting xp.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1937 on: August 29, 2019, 08:48:05 AM »

Bebpo

« Reply #1938 on: August 29, 2019, 12:38:07 PM »
Yeah, this is interesting. Everyone was saying they were doing a full rotation rehaul with 5.1 in a month for NIN so I didn't expect anything, but they pretty much buffed a ton of the standard combos by another 10% or so. I gotta imagine at some point this "buff, buff, buff" fixing of NIN should give them enough DPS to be competitive again.

Bebpo

« Reply #1939 on: September 02, 2019, 03:00:30 PM »
Got the first of my crafters to 80 with GSM. Bought a full set of HQ lvl.80 gear (when having gil comes in handy) and even at that can't even attempt the first recipe book ingot lol
Tried crafting the final normal item for Rowena to get white scrip and can barely get like 200-300 quality and need 1080 to turn in minimum lol

The final lvl.80 quest in the BSM/ARM/GSM item was challenging for me and made me change my rotation. Thankfully the mats were free but with the 80 HQ full set and my standard rotation I'd used up until now I was only getting about 20-30% HQ. After some adjusting and a good run got 96% HQ and got it.

But yeah, I forgot how the jump goes from "easy crafting everything" to "can barely even finish the NQ item" once you get to crafting endgame without overmelding and stuff.
Almost done with my gatherer recipe books/white scrip gear from custom deliveries (should finish on tuesday) and after that will just do crafting custom deliveries each week for white scrips and gear out my crafters a bit.

Have a few other crafters in the 77-79 range and almost at 80, a couple around 75 and like 2 still at 73. Getting there.

Maybe by the time 5.1 comes out I'll have all crafters/gatherers and DRK/NIN/WHM at 80 and then will generally be done with the grind for another 1.5 years until the next expansion.

Bebpo

« Reply #1940 on: September 03, 2019, 01:13:59 PM »
Ok, yeah got my last splendors book and all gatherers are decked out in scrip gear. Done with gatherers until 5.3 or so. Now just gotta finish up crafters.

Bebpo

« Reply #1941 on: September 03, 2019, 01:53:32 PM »
Damn, leeves these days are pretty affordable way to level crafting. Here I am spending 110k for a HQ GC turn in item to get maybe 6 million xp of a 20 million xp level, but can buy HQ leeve item for 50-60k that gets me 5 million xp each, buy 4 for 200k and that's a level.

Might speed level my crafters this week to 80 with leeves and finishing the role quests. Would be nice to be done with gatherers/crafters and can just focus on battle stuff.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1942 on: September 03, 2019, 02:45:04 PM »
Damn, leeves these days are pretty affordable way to level crafting. Here I am spending 110k for a HQ GC turn in item to get maybe 6 million xp of a 20 million xp level, but can buy HQ leeve item for 50-60k that gets me 5 million xp each, buy 4 for 200k and that's a level.

Might speed level my crafters this week to 80 with leeves and finishing the role quests. Would be nice to be done with gatherers/crafters and can just focus on battle stuff.

HMM I need to look at this, I hadn't even looked at leaves lately. If cheap may snag a few. Most of the GC turns I have been doing I don't pay over 10k or so.

I think for the leves i was saving for botanist but am like 76 on it barely trying. May spread them around, I have like 100 of them.

Bebpo

« Reply #1943 on: September 03, 2019, 03:07:31 PM »
I’m lazy, if it’s under 150k for HQ turn in gear that’s starred I buy it. I’m losing a bit of money but once all crafters are 80 it’ll just be pure profit so I’ll catch back up.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #1944 on: September 04, 2019, 11:19:42 PM »
I did the EX primals but then I left my sub to lapse because I wasn't really playing so much anymore and don't wanna do Savage, really. Loved my time with this game. Absolutely my favourite mmo experience

I have all 450 gear, so I think I'm gonna come back for the Nier raid. I kind of miss it already though. I wanted to level healer and a DPS and I haven't done any of the hildebrand stuff.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 11:24:26 PM by remy »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1945 on: September 05, 2019, 11:13:16 AM »
Finally finished all the SB content (minus Ivalice stuff cause I waited 1hr in queue and still didn't have a party so I gave up :lol). Popped into Shadowbringers for just a sec, checked out the Crystarium and the zone around it. Really unique and fun look to the zone imo.

Only a few notes so far on ShB:

1. The Russian or whatever weird accent the bunny lady NPCs use is excellent and hilarious

2. This Crystal Exarch dude kinda seems like a fuckup. "I meant to just grab you but I accidentally stole all your friends and also they are stuck here forever. Anyway you down to help a brother out? Thx"

3. Feo Ul best new character

https://twitter.com/titania_KING/status/1166433823804002304

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1946 on: September 05, 2019, 11:32:06 AM »
Crystarium is best city.  :delicious

How'd you like SB overall? Vs HW?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1947 on: September 05, 2019, 11:46:30 AM »
I definitely like SB more than HW. SB had more interesting zones to me, I really liked Doma and the other eastern areas a lot. I also liked the characters more. Gosetsu, Hien, the return of Nero in side stuff, all the Au Ra tribe leaders all were great. Lyse is kinda wack but I get that her story was more about her personal growth into a leader blah blah. Also Gaius Baelsar being back and on our side is cool but weird. I feel like no one ever stays gone in the story: Nero, Gaius, Zenos, Gosetsu, Yotsuyu, probably more. :lol

Also liked a bit more diving into the Empire's issues and motivations of the characters there. The whole thing about the Ascians actually making the Empire in the first place is some :mindblown shit.

Not saying HW was bad but I didn't connect with the characters as much and I found the zones to be sorta samey. Also it sounds dumb but HW post-game actually took away from the story to me. Oh the dragon is dead, actually not really. Okay Estinan is cool, oh nvm, oh he is cool and he's retired now, oh actually not.

E:I liked the SB dungeons and trials more too, especially that last dungeon where you are fighting on an actual battlefield. Susano is probably my favorite trial so far but I did like the Four Lords trials too.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1948 on: September 05, 2019, 12:14:35 PM »
Make sure to start rebuilding the enclave, you likely have to do some BS Mor Dhona quests but if you like Doma it's super worth it. Just takes forever as it's still weekly gated.

I think personally I liked the best parts of SB more than HW, although due to it being kind of disjointed with the 2 fronts it wasn't really able to be as cohesive. The post-HW story I don't think was as good as the post-story SB, but it's been a while lol.

ARR needs to be trimmed tf down as soon as possible, it's honestly hard to recommend the game to new players otherwise.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 12:20:38 PM by Akala »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1949 on: September 05, 2019, 12:24:28 PM »
Yeah I already rebuilt the food stalls, on the second part now. Totally worth it for the extra gil for selling junk and non-market board items.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1950 on: September 06, 2019, 09:08:31 AM »
Headed out to Eulmore, cool design and idea for a floating city. Plus the two jesters from FF9 returned kinda! I love that they made a fat miqote model for the Chai lady. I liked both of those characters so I hope they return. The leader of Eulmore being a giant fat dude that throws tantrums is also pretty great.

Forgot the name of the desert zone but that was a pretty sad questline to get Alisaie, went a different way than I expected. :'( Also I didn't look it up but I'm 90% sure the little lizard models there are also a mob in XI.

Also I'm sure this is not a unique opinion but goddamn I really like the design of the Sin Eaters. They are like living statues and it's super cool. I thought that SB was a big step up from HW (and it is) but goddamn ShB is immediately another big step up in characters and design of zones and mobs.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1951 on: September 06, 2019, 11:51:51 AM »
IT GOOD.

yeah that’s leaping lizzy/FFXI lizard model. Have a few others too...

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1952 on: September 07, 2019, 01:33:03 AM »
I made it night! I'm the Warrior of Darkness! 8)

bonus cool shot

[close]

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1953 on: September 08, 2019, 12:13:10 PM »
jesus il mheg is bright. :lol got there at like 1am last night and it was burning my eyes and i just gave up and went to bed

i mean come on :rofl

[close]

Bebpo

« Reply #1954 on: September 10, 2019, 04:13:58 PM »
I definitely like SB more than HW. SB had more interesting zones to me, I really liked Doma and the other eastern areas a lot. I also liked the characters more. Gosetsu, Hien, the return of Nero in side stuff, all the Au Ra tribe leaders all were great. Lyse is kinda wack but I get that her story was more about her personal growth into a leader blah blah. Also Gaius Baelsar being back and on our side is cool but weird. I feel like no one ever stays gone in the story: Nero, Gaius, Zenos, Gosetsu, Yotsuyu, probably more. :lol

Also liked a bit more diving into the Empire's issues and motivations of the characters there. The whole thing about the Ascians actually making the Empire in the first place is some :mindblown shit.

Not saying HW was bad but I didn't connect with the characters as much and I found the zones to be sorta samey. Also it sounds dumb but HW post-game actually took away from the story to me. Oh the dragon is dead, actually not really. Okay Estinan is cool, oh nvm, oh he is cool and he's retired now, oh actually not.

E:I liked the SB dungeons and trials more too, especially that last dungeon where you are fighting on an actual battlefield. Susano is probably my favorite trial so far but I did like the Four Lords trials too.

Yeah, I think gameplay-wise they improved their game in Stormblood, so SB/SHB gameplay content is >> HW, but story/music/areas I still prefer HW. The chocobo forest is really melancholy in the best way.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1955 on: September 16, 2019, 10:43:56 PM »

Bebpo

« Reply #1956 on: September 16, 2019, 10:54:17 PM »
lol noooooooo

don't even joke

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1957 on: September 17, 2019, 09:04:41 AM »
i've seen a weird amount of 1.0 "nostalgia" lately online and i have to assume it's coming from people who never actually played it. :lol i've posted about the game before in this thread and it really was bad. the only (gameplay wise anyway) good thing about it imo was Path Companions, which was just an NPC that would show up and partner with you on some MSQ and have related fun dialogue along the way. And that's sorta been replicated now in Trusts so even that's not really needed anymore.

in ShB news I've finally taken out Titania which was a surprisingly intense primal. took us two tries with a duty finder group but no one complained or was a jerk so it wasn't too bad. now i'm hanging out with black mage yshtola and the eulmore kung fu master just showed up. also i liked crystal exarch (pretty sure i got spoiled on his real identity, oh well) pulling a TLJ Luke on Vauthry and just showing up as a projection. seems the eulmore guys are just the empire replacement, which works for me. so i'm continuing to make slow progress, not in any real rush but i'll keep pecking away at the story.

also made a semi-generic warrior of darkness glamour since i'm out here killing the light

was trying out long hair but every damn catlady has long hair so i had to go with something else :lol

[close]

Bebpo

« Reply #1958 on: September 21, 2019, 01:21:40 AM »
My current NIN outfit fits the Regalia pretty well

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1959 on: September 21, 2019, 10:42:33 AM »
Still bummed I missed resubbing for the XV event by one day. ah well

Bebpo

« Reply #1960 on: September 21, 2019, 01:17:09 PM »
Still bummed I missed resubbing for the XV event by one day. ah well

:'(

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1961 on: September 21, 2019, 01:36:01 PM »
I didn’t log and missed it. It was pretty bad at ShB launch nothing but flying cars.

Bebpo

« Reply #1962 on: September 21, 2019, 03:09:45 PM »

Finished the Crafting role quests. Making progress. 5/8 at 80. Might power through with leves on the remaining 3 this weekend just to not have to bother spending the 15 mins each day on GC turn-ins.
Still need to do the Fishing role quest, then will unlock the combined crafting/gathering final role quest.

Goal is still to get all the crafters to 80 by 5.1 and then spend the first few weeks of 5.1 finishing up my NIN/WHM and then take a break from the game for a few months until the next real raid set comes out in January. Enjoying it, but definitely will be nice to take a few months break and then play more casually just doing the weekly normal raid set one night a week since nothing left I want to level.

So all in all I thought the crafting role quests were good and as good as the previous expansions, the CUL/ALC one was pretty good. But they definitely were like "11 stories is too much work, let's trim it down to 5". I have a feeling they're not going back to 11 ever again, and it'll be 5 stories each expansion but they'll probably incorporate the old NPCs from previous crafting/gathering storylines.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1963 on: September 21, 2019, 03:25:40 PM »
Haha you beat me. I am like 79-6. I actually have just been doing turn ins, need to do the quests before I totally outlevel it.

Bebpo

« Reply #1964 on: September 21, 2019, 04:05:08 PM »
The role quests give a ton of xp. Like 3-4 levels worth total. Definitely use them!

Bebpo

« Reply #1965 on: September 21, 2019, 05:46:25 PM »
Started listening to the ost for Shadowbringers and it's weird that it like starts with Omega 4.4 stuff and then goes right into the final boss music & ending music for Shadowbringers before it goes into the actual maps and cutscene music. The other osts generally went in story order so just kinda odd. Small nitpick but it bugs me lol

Bebpo

« Reply #1966 on: September 21, 2019, 10:37:38 PM »
Ok, I'm fucking DUMB. I thought Heartless/From the Heavens was the Shadowbringers final boss but it's the last fight of Omega/Final Omega -> Ending must be Omega ending. The Shadowbringers "actual" OST doesn't start until track 37 of the Shadowbringers OST and runs to track 88. Kinda odd, but whatever. Track 1-36 are 4.4/4.5 last Omega raid -> Ending, Ivalice -> Ending, MSQ and seasonal stuff.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1967 on: September 22, 2019, 12:24:43 AM »
Yeah, Stormblood OST only goes til 4.3. Guess this means 5.1+ is getting it's own OST, which works for me cause I want more Nier/FF crossover tracks :lawd

Bebpo

« Reply #1968 on: September 22, 2019, 07:30:27 PM »
Ok, got all crafters to 80. 2-3 hours of grinding leves zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
But didn't cost that much. Just went for the mats and made the items in bulk to turn in. Then put some on sale and sometimes if the mats were crazy I'd make the mats and put them on sale, so probably did about 11 levels in 2.5 hours at a cost of <500k.

But DONE. I don't mind gearing out using the weekly custom deliveries because that takes like 10 mins once a week. The level grind for group crafters is just the worst and slowest. Safe for another 21 months.

Next up, FISHING role questline!

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1969 on: September 23, 2019, 10:28:31 PM »
mfw hydaelyn is a primal wtf

[close]

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1970 on: September 24, 2019, 08:58:44 AM »

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1971 on: September 24, 2019, 09:31:49 AM »

I hadn't played any battle content in a few weeks tbh.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1972 on: September 24, 2019, 09:33:07 AM »
who wants to run syrcus tower like 50 times to get that airship mount and bomb mount with me? i'll even give the dancer buff :doge

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1973 on: September 24, 2019, 09:41:14 AM »
i think you get 2/ea from CT so only need 25 times. when is 5.1 again? doesn't seem like enough time.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1974 on: September 24, 2019, 09:48:06 AM »
mid-late October I think?

also seems tome drops have been upped across the board. 10 for praetorium and 7 for castrum is much better.

Bebpo

« Reply #1975 on: September 24, 2019, 12:31:05 PM »
Yeah, I haven’t touched pvp since shb launched. At 5 tomes it’s probably the most efficient on that list.
I remember doing a lot of pvp during stormblood since it was one of the best ways to grind xp.

But yeah, considering it’s not even starting until the 30th, I wonder if 5.1 is still a little off. I thought 4.1 came like end of Sept/early Oct? Wouldn’t be surprised if 5.1 is running a bit behind.

Bebpo

« Reply #1976 on: September 24, 2019, 01:05:13 PM »
Going through the fishing role quest, always like fishing in this game. It’s very relaxing to just sit and listen to some music.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1977 on: September 24, 2019, 06:03:43 PM »
between these mounts and the current pvp event one day i should actually try pvp in this game :lol

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #1978 on: September 24, 2019, 09:16:48 PM »
mfw hydaelyn is a primal wtf

[close]
For real this plot twist had me shook. My synapses were firing all sorts of conspiracies after it

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1979 on: September 25, 2019, 10:05:28 AM »
Good turn in yesterday.  :lol

Found my screen folder as well, no filter/gpose/anything

[close]