Author Topic: FFXIV  (Read 216798 times)

nachobro

• Live Más
Re: FFXIV
« Reply #2160 on: April 02, 2020, 02:27:35 PM »
totally. there's a couple people in the fghq discord (and here i believe) that only resub for a month to play whatever the new story content is and then stop until the next patch.

Bebpo

« Reply #2161 on: April 04, 2020, 01:53:46 PM »
Doing my weekly Eden run, and random thought as I go around doing my daily map harvesting,

They really should boost the xp payout for regular quests. Like the level sync was a great great step, but I still have so many quests littered around these maps because the probably is that even when you're leveling an alt job, there's many more efficient ways to level than quests. Quest are just really inefficient xp payouts. So there's very little reason to do them.

They take this time to write little stories and stuff for all these quests and then there's not much point in doing them. They should double or triple the xp payout.

I try to at least do the quests with pictures since those are higher budget quest chains with cutscenes, but the rest of the quests I basically have skipped across all the maps.

Bebpo

« Reply #2162 on: April 04, 2020, 02:09:19 PM »
Lol, had a good run on Eden Verse #2N, tanks/healers alive, but every dps dead so obviously the boss life wasn't going down very fast! We had lb3 and the healers weren't doing anything and then both me and the other tank at the same time were like uh plz healer lb3 and then they did and it went a bit faster.

I was always under the mistaken impression that healer lb3 removed weakness from everyone so DPS was at 100% after an lb3, but I noticed it just revives everyone and they still have -25% or -50% dps. I guess that's sorta fair to prevent hl lb3 right before dps checks in ex/savage, but you don't get an lb3 until pretty late in the fight so idk.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2163 on: April 04, 2020, 02:43:15 PM »
by default i just ignore sidequests unless they will unlock something. it's probably the wrong way to go about that but over time they've just been presented as unimportant and give little rewards so yeah some sort of change would make a lot of difference.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2164 on: April 07, 2020, 01:07:34 AM »
saw that the ivalice questline was needed to start the relic weapon stuff and since i'd been putting those raids off...well i got them all done just under the wire. extra fast queues from everyone else rushing to get them in helped a lot. :lol

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2165 on: April 07, 2020, 12:35:09 PM »
So far I'm fucking loving this. I'm only on Lvl12 but I've done most of the side quests I can do. It feels like what a modern final fantasy was supposed to be all this time. I'm thinking I'll be plumbing the depths of this for a long time
que

Bebpo

« Reply #2166 on: April 07, 2020, 02:16:26 PM »
So I read the patch notes and uh, Skysteel Tools? Are they seriously introducing a Relic type grind to get the BiS tools which you'll need to make the latest HQ gear crafts? If so, expect the MB prices to skyrocket on gear in 2 patches.

Also it says there's a new Trial added but the only new content is the relic questline, what? So the relic questline has a new original raid? I normally don't do relics because of the grind but I don't want to miss out on a good boss trial.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2167 on: April 07, 2020, 02:19:32 PM »
The new ex trial gives dyable AF 5.0 gear. There's no raid associated with the relic questline as far as I can tell, haven't logged in yet to get it though.

gallery of the new relics: https://imgur.com/a/wUbHT13

i've seen a lot of complaining that prices on the new crafted gear tanked super quick on MB so maybe skysteel relics is their idea to make that not happen? not sure...

Bebpo

« Reply #2168 on: April 07, 2020, 02:27:01 PM »
Hmm, yeah just looked it up. So is this the first trial that doesn't have a non-Ex version?

I've been off the Ex/Savage train for a couple years now.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2169 on: April 07, 2020, 08:51:05 PM »
okay, that was kinda fun. short solo/trust scenario and some cutscenes and now i have the first dancer relic

spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 10:48:59 PM by nachobro »

Bebpo

« Reply #2170 on: April 07, 2020, 09:19:57 PM »
So the first step in the relic isn't a billion hour grind? I've never done the relics cause I have no patience for even tome grinding.

Also, nice photo!

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2171 on: April 07, 2020, 09:22:32 PM »
thanks! also yeah this is the easiest first step of any of them and its a 485 weapon.

Bebpo

« Reply #2172 on: April 07, 2020, 10:33:56 PM »
oh shit, I didn't even think about the weapon! I've been gearing up to i480 with Eden Verse runs, but my weapons are what's keeping my ilvl down. And i485 weapon for my main 3 would help get them to i485 in time for Raid Set #3 which will be i485.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2173 on: April 07, 2020, 10:53:33 PM »
each weapon after the first only costs 1000 poetics, so that's not too bad...but it is a little tome grinding :lol

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2174 on: April 09, 2020, 01:46:04 PM »
ok fuck the skysteel tools lol. the base level and +1 pickaxe is shittier than the crafted one and you need to mine like 500 things for each upgrade :nope

Bebpo

« Reply #2175 on: April 09, 2020, 03:10:10 PM »
lol

Bebpo

« Reply #2176 on: April 09, 2020, 03:10:53 PM »
I'll take a look at that after trying out the relic quest and part #2 of easter bunny this weekend. Pretty sure I will be ignoring the skysteel stuff completely.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2177 on: April 09, 2020, 05:16:48 PM »
skybuilder scrips on the other hand have been a massive boon. made 4 million gil since i've hit 80 miner just from reselling cosmetic items i buy with the scrips plus selling the approved mats :rejoice

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2178 on: April 09, 2020, 06:00:59 PM »
I may pop in and do the easter event...is it a pain?

my inventory is really the main thing keeping me away, sorting it will be ZERO FUN.

Bebpo

« Reply #2179 on: April 09, 2020, 06:04:18 PM »
Haha, yeah every 6 months or so I spend a couple hours one day just sorting inventory. I think I'm at a good place right now until next expansion unless I pick up some new jobs.

btw, the glamor dressor really needs to be able to separate by job. I have all my NIN/DRK gear in there and it's messy. And my WHM gear on a retainer and DoL/DoH gear on another retainer.

Instead of selling you retainers they should just sell you glamor dressors. I'd buy one for each job I run.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2180 on: April 09, 2020, 07:04:00 PM »
easter event is very easy, at least part 1. it's just running one low level FATE

also you can sort the dresser by job, bepbo. it's the little dropdown on the top. not as good as having a different dresser for each job but its something

« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 07:10:10 PM by nachobro »

Bebpo

« Reply #2181 on: April 09, 2020, 08:22:09 PM »
Game changer!

Now just need expanded inventory. With 2 jobs I passed 400 and had to start pulling out the uglier stuff.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2182 on: April 09, 2020, 08:30:04 PM »
yeah i'm lucky brd/dnc/mch all share gear. :lol adding in smn gear and its getting tight though

Bebpo

« Reply #2183 on: April 12, 2020, 04:14:57 PM »
Easter pt.2 was alright.

Did the Skysteel tools tutorial. The grind isn't terrible. For a DoH the items aren't harder to craft than the custom deliveries, but crafting 40 HQ of them (20/20) to get the i475 tool is probably a good 40-50 mins of crafting if you don't use macros like I don't, plus buying the mats if you don't have them look to be a couple hundred thousand gil, all for a tool that's only 5 ilvls higher than the white scrip i470 gear. Doesn't seem worth it.

Although considering there's no more white scrip gear until next expansion (besides belt and accessories probably patch), if the tools keep increasing in ilvl every patch, they could end up like i500 by next expansion while the scrip tools are i470.

Still, roughly an hour of time + say 200k gil per tool x 8 and then the time for the gathering ones and I don't even want to think about the time grind for the fishing one...eh, not worth it. I mean it's sure better than 200 hours of gathering light on some relic weapon or something, but still just seems like a waste of time unless you're crafting current patch HQ endgear. I generally am crafting lvl.70 or below items because I'm lazy and auto-HQ button for 70 and below is nice, so don't care.

Gonna go do the relic run next and get my weapon. My job trio are just about full i480 gear, so I wonder what my ilvl will be with i480 gear + i485 weapon. Just need to get all 3 above i485 for 5.4 raid tier #3 and next expansion.

Someone in the chat today said 5.3 is delayed because of COVID slowing work down at the team. I wonder if it'll effect the launch of the next expansion since it's only a year and a couple months away.

Bebpo

« Reply #2184 on: April 12, 2020, 07:27:21 PM »
That was a long ass questline. The new music for the area is really good though and very Shadowbringers OST.

Not sure how I feel about Gabranth cameo being relegated to just a sidequest line. Also did the previous relics have actual storylines with cutscenes and instances? I only did the first step in them.

The instance was ok. I don't get why they couldn't have made that a multiplayer dungeon and the end boss a normal trial. Single player instances are always less fun than MP.

Anyhow, DRK relic weapon goes well with Eden Verse DRK set. Also full i480 DRK set with i485 relic gives me...i480 lvl wtf. I thought weapons/armor/legs are worth a lot in ilvl.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2185 on: April 12, 2020, 08:18:42 PM »
when/if i eventually level a tank i think it'll be DRK, it's probably the coolest looking one and seems pretty good judging by the ones i see in DF

Also yeah, Yoshi said 5.3 will be delayed up to a month due to issues with not being able to record VA and get art assets. Was a nice little message you don't often see from a developer.
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/8fe8fffe4d952e017ec0b1961b9868224ef0517c

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2186 on: April 13, 2020, 09:37:14 PM »
limsa was on one tonight. bunch of folks were handing out blue robes and it grew pretty quick into people surrounding the aetheryte and even a walking parade around it

[close]

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #2187 on: April 13, 2020, 10:36:02 PM »
when/if i eventually level a tank i think it'll be DRK, it's probably the coolest looking one and seems pretty good judging by the ones i see in DF

Also yeah, Yoshi said 5.3 will be delayed up to a month due to issues with not being able to record VA and get art assets. Was a nice little message you don't often see from a developer.
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/8fe8fffe4d952e017ec0b1961b9868224ef0517c

Definitely looks cool. I do think it feels kinda autopilot/braindead at lower levels but gets fun when you unlock some of the big moves. Gunbreaker is my favourite tank to play.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #2188 on: April 13, 2020, 10:46:09 PM »
edited
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 12:54:40 PM by Rahxephon91 »

Bebpo

« Reply #2189 on: April 13, 2020, 10:53:48 PM »
DRK is fun, but it's brain dead simple. at 70 you get a invincible shield that absorbs basically 1 attack with a 9 sec cooldown that uses MP. And a damage buff timer attack that uses MP on 30 second buffs. If you pop the invincible barrier right before you get hit, it gives you an MP free usage of the damage buff attack.

Other-wise you just have a standard 1-2-3 combo that builds MP/enmity and some attacks every 100 seconds or so that pop for extra damage. You'll pop various stuff when it gets off cooldown and DRK has a burst damage every 3 mins or so. But otherwise it's just 1/2/3 combos while popping invincible barrier and keeping damage buff up, the end. Super simple job. Can just focus on the general tank strategy stuff for each fight.

I'd rather play DRK than DPS any day except for solo instances.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2190 on: April 14, 2020, 08:56:17 AM »
i already play and love the most braindead dps job (dnc) so lets keep the train rolling :lol

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #2191 on: April 14, 2020, 09:32:09 PM »
i already play and love the most braindead dps job (dnc) so lets keep the train rolling :lol
Well hell fucking yeah dude get into it

The DRK job quest is big brained enough to make up for the small brain gameplay anyway

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2192 on: April 15, 2020, 09:21:48 AM »
also on another note i'm considering a fantasia again but i cant decide which cat i want to be...any opinions on which face is the best? :doge

[close]
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 09:45:31 AM by nachobro »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2193 on: April 15, 2020, 09:25:18 AM »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2194 on: April 15, 2020, 09:26:32 AM »
yeah i'm leaning 2 or 4
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 09:45:56 AM by nachobro »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2195 on: April 16, 2020, 01:29:41 PM »
if anyone cares i went with a mix of 1 and 2 :-*

[close]

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2196 on: April 25, 2020, 04:46:46 PM »
Took a while but I finally got the Sabotender mount!

[close]

Bebpo

« Reply #2197 on: April 25, 2020, 09:56:42 PM »
Congrats! It's great.

After I got it I've been saving MGP back up in case something like that ever comes on sell again. Otherwise after that and Typhoon mount, nothing to really spend MGP on.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #2198 on: April 30, 2020, 08:36:40 PM »
Installing now. Thinking about taking on the Ninja road since I've always dug their playstyle and aesthetic but I'm reading it's a bit involved at the higher levels to manage in groups.
:9

Rahxephon91

« Reply #2199 on: April 30, 2020, 09:16:37 PM »
Well you’re not going to listen to me because you think I’m dumb, but yes Ninja is a bit harder then other jobs, but nothing impossible. It’s just active and you have more to remember and to keep up.

You have several button combinations that you have to memorize or you waste them if you fail.

You have a normal combo with two different endings. One has a boost if attack from the right position. The other helps your gauge that effects your cool down.

You have a gauge to keep up.

In small groups I think Ninja has better and more aoe attacks then say Monk.

And you have Trick Attack that is very useful on bosses. Plus a regular dot on cool down. Also trick attack leads to some other useful attacks.

Ninja is very fun if you enjoy active jobs. It’s not brain dead.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #2200 on: April 30, 2020, 09:24:13 PM »
Well you’re not going to listen to me because you think I’m dumb, but yes Ninja is a bit harder then other jobs, but nothing impossible. It’s just active and you have more to remember and to keep up.

You have several button combinations that you have to memorize or you waste them if you fail.

You have a normal combo with two different endings. One has a boost if attack from the right position. The other helps your gauge that effects your cool down.

You have a gauge to keep up.

In small groups I think Ninja has better and more aoe attacks then say Monk.

And you have Trick Attack that is very useful on bosses. Plus a regular dot on cool down. Also trick attack leads to some other useful attacks.

Ninja is very fun if you enjoy active jobs. It’s not brain dead.

I don't think you're dumb Rahx I was just yanking your chain in the VII thread. I appreciate the writeup!  Seems like it's going to require actually practicing the skillsets. I think I'm up for the challenge. It looks overwhelming but I thinks it's because I'm trying to comprehend the playstyle and skills developed over many hours of playtime.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 09:30:05 PM by BlueTsunami »

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #2201 on: May 01, 2020, 01:08:06 AM »
Fuck I'm already hooked. Something about the chunky square UI, the sandbox quest nature and general square aesthetic is tickling my pickle.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2202 on: May 01, 2020, 10:04:14 AM »
you had never played before?

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #2203 on: May 01, 2020, 10:31:45 AM »
I have not, have always had an MMO aversion. Figure now is the time to get over that with the time off

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2204 on: May 01, 2020, 11:01:48 AM »
if you like the early stuff you are in for a treat, just keep in mind there are a few slogs/filler arcs until they figured out pacing in Ishgard. they planned on removing some of it but I don't think they revamped 1.0 yet.

just don't try and force it to where you burn out, it's really worth sticking it out.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #2205 on: May 01, 2020, 06:22:44 PM »
Oh God, the Gathering/Crafting skills aren't just mindlessly press X to gathher/craft? I'm in heaven.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2206 on: May 04, 2020, 02:15:37 PM »
probably june/july

Himu

« Reply #2207 on: May 04, 2020, 02:16:24 PM »
My game on the way. Can't wait. Going to bum rush those awful quests and get to the good.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2208 on: May 04, 2020, 02:19:08 PM »
the starter stuff is still good, just generic. its that 2.1.-2.5 patch bit that is the rough part but there's still some good stuff and setup in there.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #2209 on: May 04, 2020, 07:52:08 PM »
Won 10K off my third cactuar scratcher :hyper

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2210 on: May 04, 2020, 07:56:51 PM »
thats a bigger single prize than i've gotten in 7 years :lol

Himu

« Reply #2211 on: May 04, 2020, 07:59:10 PM »
Gacha?
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2212 on: May 04, 2020, 08:01:36 PM »
theres a weekly lotto for MGP (manderville gold points) in the golden saucer. you can buy stuff like pets, glamour gear, emotes, and mounts with them. you can also earn it from various other activities and such in there too. there's a setzer outfit you can get from there...also one for your chocobo iirc
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 08:07:01 PM by nachobro »

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #2213 on: May 04, 2020, 08:15:37 PM »
I got lucky on the initial scratches. Revealed a 2 and 3 which had a 1 hidden between them. Figured that row had a high chance of being 6 and guessed right. Although 10k is a drop in the bucket against those higher prizes

Coffee Dog

« Reply #2214 on: May 05, 2020, 12:38:22 PM »
I'm not really able to squeeze in a monthly sub MMO when my friends dont play with me, but I love logging in during these free periods to chill out and wander the world leveling my BLU.  :-[ eorzea is such a fun setting.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #2215 on: May 05, 2020, 09:31:02 PM »
Won another 10k off the scratcher :lol must be a skill acquired from playing a shit load of sudoku. Guess I now have SEED coin to invest in other games.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #2216 on: May 08, 2020, 01:33:47 PM »
Man, I've been living for the Golden Saucer. Triple Triad and Chocobo Racing/Breeding. It's the most fun I've had from mini games in an RPG in a very long time.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2217 on: May 08, 2020, 09:41:31 PM »
i dunno when you get mahjong but people seem to love that too. i played it once and was completely lost :lol

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #2218 on: May 09, 2020, 12:25:43 AM »
Apparently the cactuar scratcher can be won. Takes a little process of elimination logic but if you search for the one, two, or three and scratch the right column or row giving you the best idea of the landscape , you'll win sort of consistently. Think minesweeper. I've already won 40k off them.

Used a portion of the MGP won to buy the non ludicrously priced cards to get to the second triple triad tier.

Bebpo

« Reply #2219 on: May 09, 2020, 04:05:12 PM »
Yeah, there’s a strat for the scratch off. Been making my millions from it  :D

Took a break from Eden weeklies for a few weeks since my DRK & NIN i480 sets are complete and WHM is just missing head & hands at i477. Did Refulgence just now and worst run I’ve ever seen lol, wiped first time about 90% in after DPS wastes lb3 and then both tanks die lol Even second run was a mess and one by the skin of our teeth. Was playing a WHM and the MT melted like I’ve never seen anyone melt in these normal difficulty raids, damn. Both healers were constantly healing him. I never have to use Cure II anymore but was using it when out of cooldowns. Rough stuff, didn’t get any rewards lol tough when you’re down to only 1 or 2 useful drops and need them.

Most likely I’ll just buy the pieces. So just doing this out of fun.