Author Topic: FFXIV  (Read 216833 times)

Bebpo

Re: FFXIV
« Reply #1980 on: September 26, 2019, 02:16:52 AM »
Finished the Fisher role quest. They reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally nerfed fishing this time around.
The final lvl.80 quest? Just stand in a river spot on a normal map with a lvl.73 bait and you'll pretty much catch it on the first try.

Like Shadowbringers was already weird in that normally there is new bait every couple levels, but shadowbringers only has merchants selling lvl.70-73 bait and then it jumps to lvl.80 scrip bait.
But you can catch basically everything outside of the legendary fish with the lvl.70-73 bait.

And all that stuff about snagging and mooch and double mooch, fish eyes, and weather and time of day? Doesn't seem to matter at all anymore. The whole unspoiled node system they added to fisher in Stormblood with the trident spearfishing...there wasn't even one spearfish quest in the fisher quest line this time! And there were a few spearfish points in the maps.

I remember the Heavensward quests would even require you to get the legendary tomes/master recipe books and get stuff out of there.

idk, fishing is cool to chill but there's still like no point to it in FF. None of the fish sell for anything on the MB outside the fish that fishers use to turn in for leves. Just selling to other fishers lol.

And don't get me on desynthing fish, the jump between ilvl 320 fish and ilvl 390 fish at the start of shadowbringers really fucked up desynth.

I feel like Fisher needs a reboot in FF14. Min/Bot are always useful for mats, FSH really should start being more useful for something.

Shit, I just ran across this reddit comment from a month ago:

Just a quick note that this whole guide [on desynth] is going to be irrelevant soon. Apparently desynth is changing to something that won't be leveled and the success rate will always be 100%.

So if you were planning on pushing some desynth levels, I'd highly suggest waiting to see if we get further confirmation about the changes.

Oh man, they're gonna make easy desynth?? That's gonna be game changer for raiders to desynth raid gear they don't use and get $$ mats.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1981 on: September 26, 2019, 09:33:50 AM »
I hope they revamp desynth, the barriers between expansions are terrible, caused me to pretty much give up aside from venture stuff.

Fishing is a breeze but for past few expansions there hasn't been much use aside from filling a bar. With very few exceptions has been selling leve or turn-in fish to other fishers for a while now, and that has slowed down a lot as people are capping. I think it's more of something people do just to relax in game for the most part tbh.

Bebpo

« Reply #1982 on: September 30, 2019, 01:21:19 PM »
Noticed the moogle thing went up today and still just says "until 5.1" with no specific date. I checked Stormblood at 4.1 came out Oct 7th so they're definitely running a bit behind. Nier raid must be pretty spectacular :)

Wonder if it'll even make October.

Chooky

« Reply #1983 on: September 30, 2019, 06:48:59 PM »
they're aiming for late october, but if they don't put out a trailer in the next week or so...

Bebpo

« Reply #1984 on: October 03, 2019, 09:58:32 PM »
Ran a 24-raid roulette as healer to get back into the swing of healing. I figured since 90% of the time it was CT, and now with moogle tomes it'll be 99% CT, that'll be quick and easy.

Got Dun Scaith  :doge

Funny thing is we got to Neo Diablos phase, had 1 wipe and then our other healer votes abandon (this was like 20 mins in) and when we don't DCs and I get to solo heal  :lol
We beat it pretty easily on 2nd try.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1985 on: October 07, 2019, 02:22:12 PM »
I have decided I'm not a big fan of PVP but it really is the quickest way to get those irregular tomes so I'll keep doing it for a bit. Also the XP for it is INSANE so that's really nice :D

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1986 on: October 07, 2019, 06:25:16 PM »
I've never really messed with it. How long do matches take/what are queues like?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1987 on: October 07, 2019, 06:35:46 PM »
seems for frontline (aka battlegrounds) its three maps of king of the hill with moving capture points that rotate every day, there's three GC factions (of course) fighting with 24 man alliances. you can change jobs at your respawn point, which is nice too. queues are pretty quick and i've not had a match take over 15 mins (there's a 20 min time limit). there's a decent penalty for dying, you start with a 5 sec respawn timer and it adds 5 sec every time you die. it's okay but the game seems kinda slow and, at least for a dancer, you play pretty differently.

there's also "wolves den" which seems to be like wow arenas but you don't get irregular tomes for that so i'm not doing it lol

also theres good glamour gear and hairstyles you can buy with wolf marks so i'm gonna do a bit more of this :lol
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 07:12:10 PM by nachobro »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1988 on: October 08, 2019, 07:09:29 PM »
ok pvp is growing on me :lol this is pretty fun, getting mounts as an eventual reward helps too.

starting to get passably good too, i don't think dancer is suited much to it but i get plenty of assists

Bebpo

« Reply #1989 on: October 08, 2019, 07:21:41 PM »
I honestly enjoy the pvp! But I hardly do it since I got what I needed rewards-wise.

And yeah, there's lots of neat glamor gear for every job in there. There's a bunch of full sets for ARR and a couple for each expansion. When I'm leveling a new job I always look at them and grab any pieces I like. WHM had a talking broom handle staff.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1990 on: October 12, 2019, 12:48:49 PM »
Hit 80 on a draw pvp match :D now to finish the msq!

[close]

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1991 on: October 18, 2019, 11:26:40 AM »
5.1 trailer! Patch is dropping on the 29th

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1992 on: October 18, 2019, 12:11:28 PM »
 :whew

I don't know what I was expecting but this exceeded it.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1993 on: October 18, 2019, 01:28:32 PM »
Halloween event is going on now too. Gonna have to go hard to finish that and the MSQ by the 29th

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1994 on: October 19, 2019, 08:07:37 PM »
halloween event is neat

[close]

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1995 on: October 22, 2019, 07:37:11 PM »
well damn that last dungeon and trial are pretty cool

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1996 on: October 22, 2019, 07:38:17 PM »
wrapped up? what did you think?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1997 on: October 22, 2019, 09:37:12 PM »
i think it's my favorite story so far, but oddly i didn't really connect with many of the new characters, i think stormblood still has my favorite characters: hien, gosetsu, yotsuyu, and sadu i connected with more than most of the new people in ShB. i really liked emet-selch, easily the best villain so far. the bioshock zone at the end was pretty cool and really unexpected as well. the return of zenos is...interesting i guess? we'll see how that goes. i'm really not sure how they continue the story from here or how nier ties in but i'm looking forward to it.

Bebpo

« Reply #1998 on: October 22, 2019, 09:39:15 PM »
Ya, pretty much how I felt. Emel-Sech = best FF villain in forever, end cool stuff, rest was good but like the NPCs better in Stormblood like Gosetsu and Heian.

I've been busy but gotta do the halloween event before it's gone. Should have time first week of November to knock out 5.1.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1999 on: October 24, 2019, 11:05:23 AM »
5.1 site was updated and the new PVP gear is :whew

and a sin eater mount!

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2000 on: October 24, 2019, 11:10:41 AM »
they could have maybe picked a slightly better screen of the mount, that looks like PS2-level geometry.  :lol

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2001 on: October 24, 2019, 11:14:17 AM »
yeah not the best first shot of it but i just made a sin eater glamour so now i'm thinking about the two combined and how great it'd look

[close]

Bebpo

« Reply #2002 on: October 24, 2019, 11:15:22 AM »
That green full on cyborg ninja suit is good. Looks like SAM?

Not feeling the ones that show skin. Which is NIN?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2003 on: October 24, 2019, 11:21:25 AM »
the one with the little cloak and light up shoes is great, dunno what job it is

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2004 on: October 25, 2019, 08:51:07 AM »
Preliminary patch notes are up for Monday https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/8ce1cb59a72145623c96a2aeabdb5df4189ff01a

Dancer buffs and a bit of fixes for Bard makes me happy

Bebpo

« Reply #2005 on: October 25, 2019, 12:48:23 PM »
Welp, that NIN reboot. No idea how it's gonna play out.

Instead of going all the way and removing trick attack and buffing NIN's personal dps, they reduce trick attack from 10% to 5%, increase the timer length and buff NIN's personal DPS to a degree.
Now Ninjutsu isn't every 20 seconds, but uses mudra charges that you have to build up. Ninjutsu magic is all about 2x more powerful.

Meanwhile they debuff the power of the ninki gauge attacks but also reduced their ninki cost so I guess you'll be spamming more of these.

Dunno how it will play out in the overall meta. that 5% team dps loss on trick attack is gonna take some real dps to make up for.

Bebpo

« Reply #2006 on: October 28, 2019, 08:02:18 AM »
Shoot, I had no idea most of your stuff is saved client-side. I built my new PC and booted up FF14 to try it out and all my crossbars are empty  :'( all my job sets are missing  :'( and all my settings are default  :'(

Just in time for the new patch lol

But damn, getting 144fps locked everywhere with all the graphic settings maxed out at 1440p is hella nice. Shadowbringers areas looking really good. Can't wait to do dungeons/raids/bosses with nice visuals.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2007 on: October 28, 2019, 08:33:10 AM »
Oh no! If you still have access to your old PC they have an option on character select to upload your settings to the cloud, then you can get them back on the new PC.

I just upgraded to 1440p myself and it really does look good

Bebpo

« Reply #2008 on: October 28, 2019, 08:40:48 AM »
Yeah I kept my old rig and it’s main ssd in case stuff comes like this comes up. That’s really good to know, will do that soon.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2009 on: October 28, 2019, 09:10:05 AM »
good reminder for me to do that now that i've changed some settings for 1440p.

post with pics of the process/menu location: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/002552.html

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2010 on: October 29, 2019, 01:31:14 PM »

Bebpo

« Reply #2011 on: October 29, 2019, 02:46:17 PM »
 :lol

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2012 on: October 29, 2019, 04:01:59 PM »
They changed crafting and gathering by a lot. shoulda waited.  :doge

Bebpo

« Reply #2013 on: October 29, 2019, 04:26:52 PM »
Oh damn, will have some time this weekend so gonna have to learn all this stuff & the new ninja.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2014 on: October 29, 2019, 05:18:49 PM »
well now i look like the genius for waiting to level mining for *checks notes* nine years

Bebpo

« Reply #2015 on: October 29, 2019, 05:39:57 PM »
well now i look like the genius for waiting to level mining for *checks notes* nine years

:lol

bluemax

« Reply #2016 on: October 30, 2019, 12:18:58 AM »
I listened to the Raid boss music. It is so good.
NO

Bebpo

« Reply #2017 on: October 30, 2019, 02:57:06 AM »
I listened to the Raid boss music. It is so good.

Are they new arrangements?

The only disappointing part of Ivalice raid was all the music were just the old Sakimoto tracks with no new arrangements.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2018 on: October 30, 2019, 08:26:38 AM »
Just the final boss is a new arrangement

video has boss fight spoilers if you care
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 08:33:16 AM by nachobro »

Bebpo

« Reply #2019 on: October 30, 2019, 04:01:51 PM »
Went to try to do my weekly crafting custom deliveries for finishing up my white scrip gear outfits and fuck all my crafting options are greyed out! Didn’t realize updating crafting meant killing all my routines. Will have to learn this new crafting on the weekend so I don’t miss this week’s deliveries.

Freyj

« Reply #2020 on: October 30, 2019, 08:33:36 PM »
Now that I’ve successfully gotten the WoW Classic monkey off my back I’ll probably catch up here soon. As a NIN main it sounds like I should wait for 5.1 to hit and the smoke to clear a bit?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2021 on: November 05, 2019, 09:50:04 AM »
5.1 is out now and it sounds like NIN came out better after all the changes.

Also after a few dungeon runs I now have the GS to run the Nier raid :jeb

Tiops

« Reply #2022 on: November 05, 2019, 02:43:00 PM »
Oh look, you guys have a FFXIV thread here. Cool.

Already lost a week of alliance raid loot, as I was a lazy fuck last week and didn't play enough. Let's see if I can roll that glamour set this week, but rolling a 97+ will be hard. Here's my tall, floortank bunnygirl:

Bebpo

« Reply #2023 on: November 05, 2019, 08:19:31 PM »
Welcome!

So thebore was down when I read the patch notes and messed around with 5.1 over the weekend. Here's how it went:

Gathering - New sneak is great and more importantly OUT OF REACH IS GONE meaning on current level unspoiled nodes you don't have to waste a % hit on first activating the node. This means you get 1 or 2 extra collectibles/items gathered per node. Also auto unspoiled node locator is nice like mounted stealth.

Crafting - Crafting things 10 levels under is amazing. You hit AUTO HQ BUTTON and instantly get 100% HQ and then hit one progress to finish. On current level items, much easier to HQ 40 items and 70/80 durability items now with being able to increase progress & quality by 100% per hit. Also not having to use a turn or SP on steady hand and the truth of elemental one gets you 3 hits of 200% progress for like 50 SP which ain't bad.  Reworking the hotbars on all crafters is annoying but w/e, will have to get the hang of ideal rotations.

NIN - Not sure if any more/less fun. Slower now that you can't weave ninjutsu between physical combos and you're firing ninjutsu so much you're almost never even doing standard 1->2->3 combos anymore. The damage increase and insane burst ability is pretty cool though. Fighting single mobs for hunts or whatever they die before you can finish one burst rotation you're throwing out so much damage. Bodes well for boss DPS which makes up for 5% of trick attack they lose.

Nier Raid - Pretty cool. Wish the shmup ball dodging was a bit tougher and more shmupy like Nier, final boss original music is great.

MSQ - Only started this and got past the dungeon. Dungeon was fun enough. I liked the mechanics in a couple of the bosses.

New PVP Gear - Yes, NIN gets the cool Grey Fox gear. Will have to grind that at some point.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2024 on: November 05, 2019, 08:41:08 PM »
Remember you can copy hotbars when redoing crafters.  :)

Haven’t played in a few weeks, will see lol

Bebpo

« Reply #2025 on: November 05, 2019, 10:23:27 PM »
Whaaaaaaaaat

How?

Bebpo

« Reply #2026 on: November 05, 2019, 10:24:28 PM »
Also market board for HQ items gonna crash because of how easy it is to HQ now. Especially older mats.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2027 on: November 05, 2019, 10:43:04 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/6j0nve/how_to_make_your_crafting_hotbars_uniform_easily/

Looks like the above but didn't get too into, I think I posted macro earlier in thread when i found it but prob easier to google a bit. Basically set one then change class and copy direct, did not take long.

Bebpo

« Reply #2028 on: November 05, 2019, 11:12:00 PM »
Wow, that is helpful. Going to put it to use now.

Depending on how long the MSQ is might burn through the rest tonight. With the dungeon out of the way it should just be cutscenes and talking to people I suppose.

Bebpo

« Reply #2029 on: November 06, 2019, 12:29:20 AM »
Lol, old custom deliveries on bonus week

Instant HQ 100% -> Easy Synth = done, 2 buttons for max white scrips!

I mean it was always easy but this instant HQ thing at lvl.80 for crafters is sorta amazing time saver.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2030 on: November 06, 2019, 08:51:45 AM »
why do old white scrip stuff?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2031 on: November 06, 2019, 08:56:29 AM »
didn't end up doing nier last night, just pvp'd instead. i did not expect this outcome when i starting running frontlines for mounts. :lol either way finally got enough wolf marks to afford one of the pvp haircuts

Bebpo

« Reply #2032 on: November 06, 2019, 02:17:07 PM »
why do old white scrip stuff?

(Image removed from quote.)

???

Weekly custom deliveries is 2 sets, right. Go with whichever 2 is giving the bonus for the week. Since there's only 1 new custom delivery set for Shadowbringers introduced in 5.1, the other set is still gonna be 60-70 items with one of those recipients. Now you can instant 100% HQ them in like 5 seconds. Free easy white scrips.

Crafting - Crafting things 10 levels under is amazing. You hit AUTO HQ BUTTON and instantly get 100% HQ and then hit one progress to finish.
!!!

That's insane, haven't kept up much but that'd normally tank the economy. I made millions on millions for putting in the small effort for making early stuff HQ, and there isn't much from this expansion (like the last) to make an economy from.

Yup, I sell old HQ stuff too for $$$. So far markets haven't crashed too much on old stuff, but it's only been a week and a lot of crafters probably aren't back yet.

Bebpo

« Reply #2033 on: November 07, 2019, 01:50:39 AM »
Alright, finished the 5.1 MSQ. Was ok, mostly boring epilogue stuff. Will run Nier a few more times and use the beast tribes to finish up NIN and WHM to 80, but generally good to take a break until next year when 5.2 hits. I'm one set of white scrips away from finishing all 8 crafters in white scrip gear too, so almost caught up. New crafting definitely makes crafting easier.

I appreciate that they added VERY EASY difficulty to solo instances on retries.
Would be better if their engine could just add fucking checkpoints to solo instance dungeons with boss fights. Like you die and respawn outside the boss area to try again like what happens in an MP dungeon. I don't get why they can't do that. Especially when you're 20 mins into a single player cutscene dungeon boss instance and then get instant wiped because of something going on you're not even noticing. But at least on replay can set it to very easy and blow through it much quicker and pretty much instant win. Still, just add fucking checkpoints plz.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2034 on: November 07, 2019, 10:00:15 AM »
i know exactly the bit you are talking about and goddamn that was annoying. :lol i died to the same thing and just shook my head when they just dumped me back to the start of the quest again.

Bebpo

« Reply #2035 on: November 08, 2019, 02:08:16 PM »
Other big 5.1 changes.

-Quick Synthesis Crafting can no longer fail. This means if you have your retainer gather hundreds of mats and then just auto-craft you won't lose like 20-30% of the items potentially. On cheap stuff that was always whatever, but when you're crafting stuff that sells for like 10k-20k per item, and you're crafting like 20 of them in auto-craft, losing 5-7 of them always sucked. Definitely a nice QoL thing to be able to auto-craft and then go do something else and come back to all your crafted items.

This combined with auto-HQ and easier crafting is definitely killing the MB now that we're on week #2. For instance Dwarven Cotton used to sell for about 10k-15k each and today they're ~2k each.

-Desynth can no longer fail which completely makes leveling desynth irrelevant gj SE, all those desynth levels that cost millions of gil and time desynthing a thousand items? Only difference in desynthing an i450 item at lvl.1 desynth and lvl.450 desynth is at lvl.450 you increase the chances of getting good items from the desynth. But you can still get them on lvl.1 desynth and will still get some mat at lvl.1 desynth. So yeah, no point leveling desynth now. But now instead of dumping market prohibited gear I get from retainers for GC seals I desynth them and sell whatever mat I get instead.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2036 on: November 10, 2019, 05:11:33 PM »
Got the 2B glamour!

[close]

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2037 on: November 12, 2019, 02:12:20 PM »
5.11 notes: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/d7d53d91c131adfdc71ad0f270f1d38252e5aa39

mainly focused around ishgard rebuilding for crafters, but there's also ultimate alexander and a bunch of new glamour items (including the sky pirate/sky rat gear now being available to all classes)

Bebpo

« Reply #2038 on: November 12, 2019, 02:37:37 PM »
Ooh, alexander ultimate might be a fun watch.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2039 on: November 12, 2019, 02:43:09 PM »
People are streaming it now. Watched a bit during lunch...it's (unsurprisingly) hard as fuck