Author Topic: FFXIV  (Read 216855 times)

Bebpo

Re: FFXIV
« Reply #2100 on: February 22, 2020, 08:41:29 PM »
Finished the healer role quest and lvl.80 whm quest.

The only role quest I haven't done is the ranged magic, but I thought the healer one was the best of the ones I did. If I get bored during the summer when I'm pretty caught up I may buy a jump potion for BLM to 70 and do the ranged magic one.

Bebpo

« Reply #2101 on: February 22, 2020, 09:09:14 PM »
oh and the WHM job gear is fucking ugly as hell thanks to the head piece. Like are you supposed to be a magic nun?

And the 2B gear from the Nier raid is lol, I thought I was gonna get the guy version...

Rolling with a modified version of the job gear/nier gear for my WHM

Bebpo

« Reply #2102 on: February 23, 2020, 05:18:04 AM »
Man, did the first raid set of Eden as WHM and healing is so much more fun than tank or dps on these normal raids/trials.

I feel like with tank/dps unless there's some tough mechanics, these fights are pretty straightforward and you just dodge AoEs and that's it. Hell as a tank you barely need to use cooldowns anymore on normal stuff. I feel like if you don't have vuln stacks, nothing on normal can one shot you even with zero cooldowns at full HP.

But with healer, these fights are intense. Gotta keep moving around and dodging all the same AoEs, but also constantly party healing with all your party heals and shielding and regen-ing the tank and picking up any slack from people getting hit and reviving when people are dying. There's always stuff to do and it makes these fights pretty exciting.

Afterwards I turned in my tomes so far and bought a couple of pieces (mostly just i480 weapons) and got my NIN and WHM to i455 each so they're good for Ruby & Eden Tier 2. Will do those next (still need to do Nier raid as healer, will do that maybe tomorrow). Not that excited about the fights as NIN since will be pretty similar to running them as DRK, but pretty excited to do them as WHM since it's the first time I'll be healing current patch content and it should be even more of a challenge.

I think I'm mixed on 4 person dungeons whether I prefer to heal or tank. Tanking is pretty fun, especially on longer pulls hitting your cooldowns and trying to survive. I kinda wish they didn't dumb down aggro management with shadowbringers where it's basically impossible to lose aggro with aggro stance on. I miss the challenge of having to watch all the enemies enmity and provoke and grab enemies that start to stray. Having to watch that + watch your HP and cooldowns was pretty intense in dungeons as tank. It's still fun though. Healing is fun too as long as the tank isn't doing crazy pulls, mostly just keeping the tank healed but on pulls that can be pretty exciting. DPS is zzzzzzzzzzzzz in dungeons. Even in raids/trials DPS is pretty boring. Yeah you are doing bigger numbers than the tank, but since there's 8 people (or 24) you don't really notice your hits when they're doing less than 1% HP damage. Meanwhile tank you basically are doing a lot of the same things plus cooldowns and keeping the enemy faced away so it's a bit more fun.

From here on out will figure out whether to do things first as HLR or TNK. Might run Healer first next expansion.

If I ever get back to trying to do Ex/Savage content though I'll probably do them as NIN because less stuff to worry about. I could see myself maybe tanking those provided I can communicate well enough on tank swaps with the other tank since otherwise it's not much more and sometimes even less to do than DPS.

But I don't think I'm ever gonna try to heal current Ex/Savage content. With how intense and barely surviving healing these fights on normal, I just don't see that going well.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2103 on: February 23, 2020, 10:24:14 AM »
the first set of eden isn't too bad on savage but this new stuff is gonna be brutal. supposedly the new content for 5.2 has a new encounter designer in charge and it shows. i'm really into the increased level of mechanics but also i usually only go story mode these days, spent enough time being hardcore in wow and i'm just on the periphery of that now.

same reason i stick to mostly dps now, my entire wow career was healing or tanking and i'm liking the change of playing all the different dps classes.

Bebpo

« Reply #2104 on: February 23, 2020, 01:50:32 PM »
Are the news savage/ex fights really any harder though? Most people seem to be clearing Ruby Ex no problem and the 2nd phase which on normal seems liked it'd be the most crazy in Extreme, is actually supposed to be pretty easy in Ex and the first phase is the tough one. Also I see lots of normal people in party finder clearing E5S, E6S already.

I did all the Ex fights in the game through Byakko in 4.2 and bailed at Shinryu Ex because it looked scary lol, haven't done an Extreme fight since.
Savage I cleared about half of Alexander and only the first fight in Omega. I could never get a clear party at the time for O2S with the big tentacle ball.

Basically Shinryu Ex and Omega Tier 1 Savage seemed pretty damn hard already, so I'd be surprised if this new battle designer stuff is really any harder. My impression has been that outside the Ultimate stuff for hardcores, the main game (outside Titania normal at launch lol) and Ex/Savage content has gotten easier in Shadowbringers to try to have more mainstream appeal.

At some point I do want to get back to Ex/Savage raiding since it's been officially 2 years now since I bailed out after 4.2. A lot of the most memorable moments I've had with FF14 has been getting first time clears on Ex fights.
Just gotta find the time. I remember every Ex/Savage fight taking up an entire day in learning parties to clear, or sometimes 2-3 nights of attempts until clear. Was just a huge time sucking thing and I've been playing other games and FF14 isn't really my main gaming time, so yeah.

Bebpo

« Reply #2105 on: February 23, 2020, 03:51:09 PM »
Ok did ocean fishing.

Basically all the information it gives you about queues are bullshit. I only learned this because my FC told me to ignore it all. Just be there every 2 hours when it starts and join a PF and you'll get in. Takes 20 mins, is mostly RNG based but gotta check for what bait to use in each area. Goal is to catch the spectral fish to trigger the spectral waters where you get the good fish. Save cordials double hook for spectral waters and !! and !!! pulls and pray for RNG gods.

Minion is 5000 points
Mount is 10000 points

Apparently content will be dead in a month because for the bonus % at the end which you need it is partly based on your team's performance so without a team once everyone gets their mounts...yeah. You also get scrips from it, so it's not a terrible way to get gathering scrips but it's hard to get white scrips and yellow scrips aren't worth much anyhow.

Was fun, got a little over 5k on my run so got the minion. Probably ok with that. Might try it one or two more times in the future but I'm ok with not grinding out the mount since it's RNG based.

Bebpo

« Reply #2106 on: February 23, 2020, 03:52:00 PM »
Otoh if you're leveling FSH it does seem a good way to level since you're catching fish every couple seconds for 20 mins straight. Much faster than grinding out fishes without leves. Might be useful next xpac to level up.

Bebpo

« Reply #2107 on: February 23, 2020, 11:34:06 PM »
I ran the Nier raid as WHM and I wasn't feeling that well so my brain was lagging like a second behind which caused me to get hit by EVERYTHING on the first boss.
I died about 8 times in that first fight. The other healer kept ressing me and must've thought I was mentally distinguished mentally-challenged fellow.

Luckily I woke up and played fine for the rest and didn't die. Other healer died a few times and I brought him back so felt ok about it in the end. Was a fun raid to heal. People get hit A LOT by some of the giant attacks from off-screen.

Bebpo

« Reply #2108 on: February 26, 2020, 12:06:38 AM »
Healed Eden 5 normal and actually had to learn the fight haha
With tank it's so easy to just cruise through a lot of mechanics and face tank them.

That's a pretty great fight on normal. Perfect balance of challenge for a non-savage/ex fight.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2109 on: February 26, 2020, 09:10:17 AM »
i bought the yshtola outfit :-[

e: and it's great

spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 06:13:49 PM by nachobro »

Bebpo

« Reply #2110 on: February 27, 2020, 12:16:22 AM »
That is a nice outfit 👍

Bebpo

« Reply #2111 on: February 27, 2020, 12:17:10 AM »
Is it weird that we’re only in week 2 of new raid and no one is doing weekly normal raid runs for gear? These healer queues are loooong.

Bebpo

« Reply #2112 on: February 27, 2020, 12:58:25 AM »
Being barely get in ilvl healer in these raids is scary.

Raidwide attack does like 95% of my HP
1 mistake and carry 1 vuln stack and raidwide one shots me ;_;

I need to gear up my healer.

Bebpo

« Reply #2113 on: February 27, 2020, 01:35:18 AM »
Ok, having done all the new Eden fights as underleveled WHM with teams that wiped for 30-40 mins each.
These are pretty well designed fights though I still think E7N is kinda dull once you get the pattern down.

I was actually surprised, on tank night one E6N was the toughest, but this time around E6N seemed kinda easy as healer.

healing E7N is ROUGH depending on your group and how many people are gonna fuck up the mechanic and take hit after hit.
E8N has some chokepoints. Our first run I died before the add phase and the other healer couldn't raise me in time and that's an instant wipe with only 1 healer. The mirror mechanics and couple of mechanic stacks can pretty much one-shot you as a healer so you gotta be quick and careful.

Bebpo

« Reply #2114 on: February 27, 2020, 04:23:12 AM »
Started trying to learn Red Mage. Everyone says the job is ez pz, but the rotation is making my head explode trying to feel right.

I don't like how the basic rotation is RNG based and you can't just do 1->2->3. Always trying to stay on top of when dualcast is up/down even/odd casts is a lot of work! And all that gauge build up for 15-20 seconds to hit 80/80 just to get a single 3 hit melee combo in...doesn't feel satisfying. Maybe it gets better as it goes along. I also was dying pretty quick at i120 lvl.50 fighting lvl.51 enemies on the map at western coetheras while messing around with my chocobo.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2115 on: February 27, 2020, 08:21:41 AM »
in the discord i'm in with ff players, they are all doing savage runs already. everyone seems to have just skipped over normal :'(

Bebpo

« Reply #2116 on: February 28, 2020, 10:13:36 PM »
I'm in a queue! Wth!

Did they merge some servers?

Bebpo

« Reply #2117 on: March 05, 2020, 09:27:31 PM »
Did week 3 of Eden 5-8N as NIN. E8N is probably the best fight as DPS. Just a lot of fun patterns to dodge in that one.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2118 on: March 08, 2020, 07:59:01 PM »
focusing on the important things and leveling up my anima weapon, and bard at the same time. might as well get the aiming classes all to max.

[close]

Bebpo

« Reply #2119 on: March 09, 2020, 11:56:44 PM »
Hmmm, so I read a blurb that tonight's 5.21 patch will add a new gathering zone? Like diadum (or however you spell it?). I'd be interested in something like Eureka but for gathering/crafting.
And then 5.25 not too far off is the start of relic weapons (which I don't care about because griiiiiind).

More importantly is
where the hell is Hildebrand??

Hildebrand started at 1.15 or something last expansion!

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2120 on: March 10, 2020, 08:07:53 AM »
i am somewhat curious how hildebrand makes it to the first :doge

also i'm curious how this gathering thing works, so i'll have to read up. wondering if i could use this to level up DoL jobs or if I already have to be leveled to go there.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 10:52:29 AM by nachobro »

Himu

« Reply #2121 on: March 10, 2020, 07:33:36 PM »
I will getting back into this after dark souls 3.

I want to play white mage and be everyone's slut. Is this a bad class? :doge
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2122 on: March 10, 2020, 07:36:04 PM »
nah all the healers are pretty good and are quick to get leveled

Himu

« Reply #2123 on: March 10, 2020, 07:45:11 PM »
When do I get past the boring original content
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2124 on: March 10, 2020, 07:47:40 PM »
like 10 hours past level 50 msq being done. the 2.0 content is being revamped and streamlined around may though.

Himu

« Reply #2125 on: March 10, 2020, 07:48:32 PM »
Is the original content the 2.0 content?
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2126 on: March 10, 2020, 07:55:08 PM »
yeah sorry. 1.0 is og ff14, thats all gone. 2.0 is "a realm reborn" and then 3.0-5.0+ are each of the expansions.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2127 on: March 10, 2020, 09:29:46 PM »
damn i didn't realize leveling a gatherer was so easy, i'd have done this a while ago. just doing the quest objectives for a mining quest gets me enough levels to take the next job quest. once that stops happening i guess i'll move on to the ishgard gathering zone and figure out how that works so i can get some more hairstyles and other nonsense :D

Bebpo

« Reply #2128 on: March 10, 2020, 11:05:10 PM »
I read they made gathering level up super fast in the last 5.2 patch (or maybe 5.1). It used to still take a while. I mainly leveled them through daily GC turn-ins back in the day.

So lol at the new gathering area. Instead of making a new area they're re-using diadedum since a lot of people like me who joined at the end of HW or later never got a chance to get into that. Basically for the ishgard restoration content in this patch, the mats all come from there. So gatherers go there and get mats, crafters make stuff, story advances for everyone. Will check it out like once to see the gathering area.

Last time by a month into the patch when I checked out the ishgard restoration it was 100% complete already lol I expect this one to be completed in like a week.

Bebpo

« Reply #2129 on: March 11, 2020, 12:32:26 AM »
Spent 5 mins in the daidem and was like nope.
Saw all I needed to see.

Will enjoy other people's efforts to rebuild Ishgard while I do nothing  :heart

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2130 on: March 11, 2020, 08:31:46 AM »
i popped in there at level 20 and i was surprised there were nodes for me to mine, so that was nice. kind of a weird setup and it's clearly repurposed for this current gathering event but it's a good easy place with no aggro mobs to level up so i'll take it. might hunker down this weekend and level miner AND botanist with how quick they are to level up and they share gear too

also the laser cannon limit break thing is pretty hilarious and gives a TON of mats. :lol

Bebpo

« Reply #2131 on: March 11, 2020, 11:03:01 AM »
How does getting mats even work? I grabbed a bunch but when I left they couldn’t be appraised or sellable so I just had to discard them all.

Do you have to gather them as collectibles?

I didn’t stick around long enough for the laser cannon thing because the meter was filling real slow.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2132 on: March 11, 2020, 11:21:59 AM »
when you get back from diadem you gotta get them "inspected" by one of the npcs (Flotpassant) and he marks them as "approved" mats or something like that but it'll only approve them in stacks of 10 so anything less than that shows as not inspectable or something like that.

my understanding is only approved mats can be used in the new crafting recipes so and once they are approved you can sell them on MB or use them to craft the new stuff.

Bebpo

« Reply #2133 on: March 11, 2020, 11:32:53 AM »
Oh, my issue was I grabbed like 3 of every mat type. Will focus on stacks of 10.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2134 on: March 11, 2020, 11:36:19 AM »
you get some scrips from getting mats approved too, not a ton but it adds up

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2135 on: March 12, 2020, 08:38:11 AM »
:whew cleaned up last night. was blasting monsters left and right in diadem and my inventory was filled to capacity when i left. problem is the mb is pretty overloaded so i'm not making much off of selling the mats but i'm just grinding for scrips anyway so the gil is just a side benefit.

i think i need like 5000 scrips to get the items i want so it might be a bit...at least i'll level a couple jobs getting there :lol

Bebpo

« Reply #2136 on: March 14, 2020, 03:14:24 AM »
Did my weekly Eden run. I really like this raid. I actually look forward to doing it each week (would do it more but no rewards is kinda less fun). Pretty much have all 4 fights down really well at this point.

This is probably my 2nd favorite normal Raid set after the FF6 raid tier, then FF5 raid tier is 3rd although the 3rd fight with the frogs and maze and stuff was amazing at that time and Ex-Death's magic portal system is really clever so maybe FF5 tier should be higher. I actually only ran the final Omega tier like twice or three times, outside the first fight with Chaos, wasn't fanservice-y enough like the others and was getting pretty burnt out on the game at that time.

Right now have:

DRK i466
NIN i465
WHM i468

and since next patch's 24man raid will be i465 to enter, I'm good to go and use that and weekly gear to keep gearing up.

I looked at the market board just out of curiousity and all the i480 pieces are about 100,000 gil each. I paid 1 million gil each when 5.2 launched to get these jobs into Eden's Verse lol, gear really took a hit on the MB. Could easily gear everyone up to i480 for cheap if I wanted, but no rush since don't need it yet and not doing current patch Ex/Savage content.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2137 on: March 16, 2020, 08:55:10 AM »
got to miner 76 while under social isolating...not bad! :lol

Bebpo

« Reply #2138 on: March 20, 2020, 02:13:19 AM »
Weekly stuff still going good. Got all 3 jobs over i470 now so can try the Exs if I want and I'm set for the next 24 man raid which will be i465. Finished gearing out all my crafters in i470 and all master recipes. Almost done gearing out my gatherers in i470. Pretty much good for the next 6 months.

Looked through the Eden Verse gear sets for NIN/WHM/DRK
DRK has the best one. First tier DRK's was great, but NIN's shirt was pretty dope. NIN is boring this time though. Dumb head pieces for NIN/WHM.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2139 on: March 20, 2020, 07:36:54 AM »
got miner to 80, been playing a bit while i work as well because its the easiest class to jump in and out of while answering emails or calls without worrying about dying, (maybe the most first world sentence i've written in a while) and i'm getting plenty of scrips of every variety. did the actual math and i need about 7600 skybuilders to get all the emotes/gear/haircuts i want so it'll be a slow process but it seems i've got nothing but time stuck at home anyway. can tackle that and my "stuff to watch" queue at the same time. :D

[close]

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2140 on: March 20, 2020, 08:43:27 AM »
got miner to 80, been playing a bit while i work as well because its the easiest class to jump in and out of while answering emails or calls without worrying about dying

No Comment.  :lol

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2141 on: March 20, 2020, 09:02:28 AM »
well, you know what i mean :-\ :lol

Bebpo

« Reply #2142 on: March 20, 2020, 04:24:48 PM »
Also, crafted this Knights of the Round glowy sword for my DRK a few weeks ago when I was looking through the MB for cool swords. Was going like 350k and I crafted it from about 100k in mats. Made a second one to sell for profit and it still hasn't sold and is down to like 200k on the MB lol

Still, like how it looks with armor.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2143 on: March 20, 2020, 04:44:24 PM »
:whew

Rahxephon91

« Reply #2144 on: March 29, 2020, 02:12:08 AM »
I've been playing a lot more since my friend bought the game. So I decided to play Machinst as I know they changed it. I really just wanted to level it because I had Balthier from FFXII's chest piece from the Stormblood raid. Pretty fun job, though I'm not sure I ever really understood it even though I got it to 80. It seemed to be built around doing as much damage as you can during the windows of damage increase. I haven't done any content with it in the 70s so I'm not sure how it's 70+ stuff is.

I've also leveled a Warrior to like 60, but it's pretty boring compared to GUN and PAL.

Also started playing Ninja which seems pretty fun actually as I think I'm starting to wrap my head around it.

I play this game pretty casually(as casual as like 2000 hours can be) so I'm not exactly concerned with playing top tier. I want to play as best as possible, but being the best player with the best gear is'nt what I'm interested in. But I think I'm understanding the Ninja enough, seems very active which is what I like about the Monk(my favorite job).
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 04:41:08 AM by Rahxephon91 »

Bebpo

« Reply #2145 on: March 29, 2020, 03:48:06 PM »
6 weeks in I feel like a lot of people still running Eden normal for gear aren’t that great. Having some very long clear times this week with everyone at -50% DPS weakness.

Also when not playing HLR I get annoyed when healers never use LB3, one healer dead, the other one struggling, almost every dps with weakness...use the damn LB3. The dps increase is gonna be better than some one-shot 4-5% dps LB3.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2146 on: March 29, 2020, 03:50:18 PM »
yeah it definitely feels like people are not getting any better at it in DF :lol i'm blaming a combo of the weekend (DF is always worse on the weekend) and the quarantine bringing lapsed players back.

i'm just doing the diadem grind and collecting stuff for glamour at the moment, not really on the gear grind at the moment cause i'm still looking pretty good ilvl-wise

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2147 on: March 30, 2020, 12:49:32 PM »
easter stuff started today and the reward is pretty excellent, got a shot of the bros chilling

you can use /visor to show or hide the buckteeth too :lol

Bebpo

« Reply #2148 on: March 30, 2020, 01:52:33 PM »
TERRIFYING

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2149 on: March 30, 2020, 02:55:25 PM »
TERRIFYING

sounds like you're in the wrong neighborhood

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2150 on: March 30, 2020, 04:27:30 PM »
it's the reward for doing the easter holiday quests...and it's growing

also the leveling process is basically single player but once you hit 60/70/80 you get access to more group stuff

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2151 on: March 30, 2020, 05:10:52 PM »
8 and 24 man raids and these things called deep dungeons that are good for leveling with (though you'll still need to do the story quests to progress through the expansions)

palace of the dead: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/contentsguide/deepdungeon/
heaven on high: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/contentsguide/deepdungeon2/

there's also big public group content like eureka but no one does that shit anymore from what i can tell. :lol there's also pvp battlegrounds if you are into that.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2152 on: March 30, 2020, 05:10:54 PM »

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2153 on: March 30, 2020, 05:55:57 PM »
Alrighty guys, I have decided with the whole quarantine thing and the fact that I'm between games, maybe now is the time to check this out.
Two big buts in this though

1. I'll be playing on the PS4.
2. I'll largely be playing solo as my time is variable.

Is this something that can be done and enjoyed? I remember in earlier FFXI soloing was technically possible with a summoner but not enjoyable. The main reason would be to try all the expansions my friends have been talking about especially shadowbringers (although I know it's gonna be a long ways off). Is this advisable? Should I just go play something else? If not, what jobs would be good for a mainly solo player? What server?
que

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2154 on: March 30, 2020, 06:09:45 PM »
you'll be fine, game is very solo-friendly and dungeon finder makes it easy to play in short bursts/when you have time.

be aware it starts slow and there is a bit of a slog to get to the stuff people rave about (3.0 onwards).

server doesn't matter a ton, pick one in region. jobs DPS can be easier to start, but queue times way shorter on tank or heals.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2155 on: March 30, 2020, 08:12:18 PM »
cool. Thanks guys. Any classes I should stay away from as a primarily solo player? Any that are good for soloing?
que

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2156 on: March 30, 2020, 08:17:06 PM »
any job should be soloable, it's much more of a structured and wow-like mmo than XI so that helps, not 100% sure about healers but they can do damage so they are probably fine.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2157 on: April 01, 2020, 10:54:04 PM »
got two friends to join this week, this quarantine must be going well for square. :doge and of course my server is always so full they both had to wait til late hours to make characters :-\

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2158 on: April 01, 2020, 11:34:51 PM »
During the morning works too. I tried last night and I couldn't even connect. It took til this morning for me to be able to get through.
que

Himu

« Reply #2159 on: April 02, 2020, 02:20:46 PM »
Can I play this casually? Like play it maybe during the weekend or something and just play for story?
IYKYK