Author Topic: RELATIONSHIPS: helping wizards deplete their mana since 2011  (Read 1412547 times)

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
Re: RELATIONSHIPS: helping wizards deplete their mana since 2011
« Reply #11160 on: July 12, 2019, 08:54:39 AM »
Bring your hottest frying pan to work, have a laugh about the misunderstanding then tell her you two'd have a fun story to tell your future children.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11161 on: July 12, 2019, 09:02:34 AM »
Bring your hottest frying pan to work, have a laugh about the misunderstanding then tell her you two'd have a fun story to tell your future children.

The pun wouldn't work here but :lol
ὕβρις

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #11162 on: July 12, 2019, 01:54:32 PM »
Show up to work dressed up as Peter Pan? :yeshrug

Rahxephon91

« Reply #11163 on: July 12, 2019, 02:03:58 PM »
Have any of you been in a long distance relationship? Any advice?

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #11164 on: July 12, 2019, 02:09:06 PM »
Show up to work dressed up as Peter Pan? :yeshrug

Wear a Partido Acción Nacional shirt.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
French people fucking with Mexican politics. :donot
[close]

Rahxephon91

« Reply #11165 on: July 12, 2019, 02:24:53 PM »
Is that a no don’t do it?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11166 on: July 12, 2019, 02:26:07 PM »
Well I planned on leaving this alone (don't shit where you eat yadda yadda), it's just funny but I deffo will come up on Monday in full Peter Pan garb.

I'm kinda apprehensive of people piling up unconventional labels on the dating profile. It's probably judgemental but there's definitely a whole type attached as far as OKCupid profiles go. I don't think I'm closed to those discussions but I'd rather avoid getting the impression on my first date to be evangelized at.
ὕβρις

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #11167 on: July 12, 2019, 02:42:32 PM »
move to be with her, breh

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #11168 on: July 12, 2019, 02:45:15 PM »
Kinda agree with filler if you’re serious about staying with her. You still work for the same place? I bet you could transfer

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #11169 on: July 12, 2019, 03:07:57 PM »
The hot 30-something who lives across from me and locked eyes with me once while I was jerkin it on the couch is out on her patio again. Should I give her a second performance?
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #11170 on: July 12, 2019, 10:18:59 PM »
The % thing became a bit wonky, questions are much less prominent in the UI and when you check it turns out many people only responded to two dozens or so. Less common to be able to compare 50 or more questions. I thought it was more interesting before but I guess the commercial numbers must say the opposite.
I just updated my profile after having scrapped it a few years ago and only leaving an Umberto Eco article in my summary, and holy shit, they really ruined the questions. They used to be interesting survey questions that could help me screen people or be an ice-breaker: opinions on drugs, very general political questions, pet stuff, your disposition for saving money or where to take a date... now half the questions I'm getting are very topical and political, like Do we build the wall?, and What do you think of trans people in bathrooms?, and the other half seems explicitly geared toward sedentary and/or urban lifestyles like "should you and your partner be binging the same tv shows" and "do you like coffee dates"... I got at least four questions about podcasts. I don't know what the French questions are like and mine are clearly localized. Trump really ruined America! :maf
每天生气

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11171 on: July 13, 2019, 04:45:18 AM »
We have all those and the French specific equivalent (Is Macron good for France ?). The most egregious is probably "Parlez vous francais ?". Gun ownership questions or those about creationism don't make a lot of sense over here as well.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 06:43:19 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #11172 on: July 13, 2019, 04:57:58 AM »
Do we build the wall?

Only if they put glory holes in it.

What do you think of trans people in bathrooms?

*insert ahegao face pic*

These are some easy ass questions.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11173 on: July 14, 2019, 11:56:32 AM »
OkCupid pet peeves : OkCupid puts in the swipe queue people younger than specified preferences (up to 4 years). I don't mind in principle (there could be a great match just under the arbitrary age limit) but it's to the point they make up 80-90%. Probably has to do with younger demographics being more populous and not wanting you to reach the dreaded "we have no one else to show you" message but still... Especially since they allow to reset all your decisions to pass.

Minor bugs that seemingly won't ever get fixed like resetting the search filter to 25-60 every time you change a variable on your preferences about who you're looking for.

I have a like that keep popping in and out of existence apparently because the person who gave it to me must have moved in the meantime out if my range to somewhere else in the word. It triggers in app notifications. False hopes.
:fbm
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11174 on: July 14, 2019, 12:21:56 PM »
They don't do "we have no one else to show you" anymore. Now they just keep cycling through people you've passed on repeatedly until you finally give in and like and never message.

A year ago they did the repeat but you could reach an end until some people were added (I guess account who logged back or new ones).
I use mostly the search tool to find profiles I like, the Swipe queue I use to see people I excluded from my filters (non-smokers for instance), I generally reset on a regular basis.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11175 on: July 14, 2019, 01:00:24 PM »
The owner of OKCupid also control Tinder, Match.com and Meetic (which was really big in France before the app boom) so I guess they can't undercut their other branches too much commercially though it also, probably, help keep OKCupid distinct enough to not alienate its userbase. Overall the service got worse and sounded a lot better as it existed in 2015 or so, from what I read.

I don't mind the curation via algorithm but there's no downside to being aware of it.
ὕβρις

BisMarckie

« Reply #11176 on: July 14, 2019, 02:28:37 PM »
I think the worst thing they've done recently is make it so you can't send a message without liking someone, and they can't read the message or even know they have one if they haven't liked you back.

We should implement that here tbh

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11177 on: July 14, 2019, 02:59:07 PM »
I think the worst thing they've done recently is make it so you can't send a message without liking someone, and they can't read the message or even know they have one if they haven't liked you back.

The first part isn't recent tho. It's always been like that for me. They might have changed the second (now it's an "intro"). One year ago the idea was that they would only see the message notification if they opened and read the profile or something.

From the FAQ :
Any introductions you receive will be visible in DoubleTake (look for a "They messaged you!" indicator) and Discovery (look for a blue line under their photos).
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 01:38:18 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

shosta

« Reply #11178 on: July 14, 2019, 07:43:57 PM »
Which one of you is this?

每天生气

Tasty

« Reply #11179 on: July 14, 2019, 07:47:13 PM »
That last one is actually strangely comforting. Like, you don't really have to exist, but you're not totally gone either. The rest of the world happens without you, but you can still check in.

On the other hand, could easily be a 'I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream' story...

Bebpo

« Reply #11180 on: July 15, 2019, 12:46:24 AM »
Had a good date for once in a while. Looking forward to the 2nd one!

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #11181 on: July 15, 2019, 02:01:01 AM »

To echo our warband's resident Lheorvine Ukris (that's filler), you should have an exit strategy. Unless by long-distance you mean "close enough to drive to on the weekends."

You're going to have to generate intimacy from afar. That's different for each relationship so there's no one size fits all answer for that.

You're going to have to get comfortable with expressing your feelings in a healthy manner. She's not going to be able to reliably read your body language or understand your nonverbal communication for the foreseeable future.

This is probably unnecessary to say as you posted a sex tape on a NeoGAF refugee forum but you're going to have to be able to build sexual intimacy from afar.

Lastly you should accept the fact that you could fail in your endeavor and make peace with that. To inappropriately quote Warhammer 40K in a semi-serious manner as is my custom, "I am Angron, the Eater of Worlds, and I am already dead."

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11182 on: July 15, 2019, 09:27:16 AM »
Oh OKCupid also now hides the target range of the people whose profile you're looking. This deal keeps getting etc etc.
ὕβρις

Rahxephon91

« Reply #11183 on: July 16, 2019, 03:57:55 AM »
She moved to Arizona for her job. She's a Rez Life admin at one of the colleges there. I think she decided that it would be better to go first to set herself up and get herself situated. She also realized that finally finishing school would be good for myself and it's something I need to do for me. The option of finishing school where she is, is an option, but I'm already 106 credits deep where I am.

But I mean the plan and desire is for me to move out to where she is. She has said she sees a future and that she wants me to come out to her. Though she also thinks I need to visit her first for an obviously needed trial run of living together. She wants me to be successful on my own.

She has reassured me that she is very happy with what we have and that I make her feel ways that no one else has and that our sex has been the best she's had. That she's not intersted in looking for anyone, nor does she think she'd have the time anyway because of her job. If anythings she's more jealous and worried about me. I mean obvuisly we've talked a lot about this and the point is we both want it to continue and think trying long distance first is better. If we can survive that, maybe its as worthwhile as we think or something.

It's not a perfect comparison, but I've stayed close with my best friend while he's lived overseas and far away thanks to him being in the military. We don't talk every day or every week. Sometimes we go a week or two without talking. I like my space and doing my own thing. As long as I have some contact I don't question the streght of my relationship. She and I are somewhat the same that we aren't one of those lovey dovey couple and like our space. When we were together it's not like she was constantly questioning what I was doing or got mad when I did things without her. We enjoy each other's company, but we also are our own people. I think thats one of the things we like about each other.

So I'm not as hopeless about this situation. I mean we'll still talk and play games online. I'll visit her when I can. Are personalities aren't dependent on always being together. So I think a long distance thing can work.

Obviously there's the lack of physical connection. She has sexual appetite as do I, but I mean both of us have gone long stretches without sex. And well I she likes me because in her words "I make her feel special, make her feel like she knows what she's doing, beautiful during sex and outside of it, feel right and normal, not dirty or a whore as other people have". She makes me feel like a worthwhile person and is someone I can be confortable and open with. I have obviously had plenty of issues and it's amazing that I met a person who is actually understanding of me. Which is probably why our sex life has been good. I don't think this is something you can build with just anyone either. We both have hang ups with it comes to sex, so both of us aren't out here just looking for quick fucks.

So I don't know. This where we are at I guess. She's said she's going to wait for me. I'm taking my first steps to resume and finish school. I don't know where things are going to go obviously.

Oblivion

« Reply #11184 on: July 16, 2019, 05:43:09 AM »
well i just came back from one of the most awkward dates i had in a long, long time.

met up with this pawg who seemed pretty interested in meeting up. when we did however, there were frequent long bouts of uncomfortable, awkward silence. we did manage to have some okay conversation, but it seemed pretty clear she was no longer interested. she barely even smiled. anyway, the date ended with literally no physical contact whatsoever. normally i'm able to get a kiss, or at least a damn hug.  :maf

THAT BEING SAID

while i was disappointed, i'm not going to lose too much sleep over it. while she was a pawg, she was a bit...too much of a pawg if you get my meaning. shame though. she had great tits which i would have loved to fondle and such. alas

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11185 on: July 16, 2019, 01:03:08 PM »
The Neverending Story
I need a better photo for the dating app.
Meh. I can't really be arsed with the effort.
ὕβρις

Rahxephon91

« Reply #11186 on: July 16, 2019, 06:24:19 PM »
I will say that for the first time honestly ever, I feel like I have something to work towards and am actually thinking and slowly(if I’m being honest) making steps towards it.

Oblivion

« Reply #11187 on: July 16, 2019, 09:25:44 PM »
[...] she had great tits [...]

literally every oblivion relationship thread post ever

so you're saying i should stop neglecting their calves as well?  :doge

shosta

« Reply #11188 on: July 16, 2019, 09:38:15 PM »

:dead
每天生气

Oblivion

« Reply #11189 on: July 16, 2019, 09:47:43 PM »
y'all are kinda making me feel like a bit of a skeez.

what can i say though? everyone has preferences. i like big boobies. that's just how i'm wired.   :'(

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #11190 on: July 16, 2019, 09:51:17 PM »
what kind of nipples you like?  :gentleman

Rahxephon91

« Reply #11191 on: July 16, 2019, 09:51:44 PM »
Who doesn’t like big boobs?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #11192 on: July 16, 2019, 09:53:02 PM »
my favorite are the milla jovich big doorknocker nips :drool. least favorite are puffy pink white girl nips :yuck

Oblivion

« Reply #11193 on: July 16, 2019, 09:55:31 PM »

big saucer-y kinds like silver dollars :drool

small nips would obviously look odd on big boobs

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #11194 on: July 16, 2019, 10:39:54 PM »

big saucer-y kinds like silver dollars :drool

small nips would obviously look odd on big boobs
I like to call them dinner plate nipples  :delicious

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #11195 on: July 17, 2019, 01:26:18 AM »
I will say that for the first time honestly ever, I feel like I have something to work towards and am actually thinking and slowly(if I’m being honest) making steps towards it.

You've got this, if you're willing to work for it.

chronovore

• relapsed dev

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #11197 on: July 17, 2019, 01:27:49 AM »
wrath likes goths? that's like the most unattainable shit as a poc  :lol

Kara

« Reply #11198 on: July 17, 2019, 02:04:42 AM »
y'all are kinda making me feel like a bit of a skeez.

You come off that way, but the Bore is a safe space. :blessup

Oblivion

« Reply #11199 on: July 17, 2019, 03:12:08 AM »
wrath likes goths? that's like the most unattainable shit as a poc  :lol

I've had better luck with goths than Asians.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #11200 on: July 17, 2019, 04:14:41 AM »
like wait what kind of goths

Kara

« Reply #11201 on: July 17, 2019, 04:22:50 AM »
tfw your SO calls back to a Mario Balotelli x Bruno Mattei movie joke you made 9 years ago. :mjcry

Oblivion

« Reply #11202 on: July 17, 2019, 04:43:43 AM »

big tiddy goths i imagine

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #11203 on: July 17, 2019, 04:57:43 AM »

Raiders from the ancient eastern regions of what would eventually become Germany.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #11204 on: July 17, 2019, 05:06:22 AM »
Ostrogoths?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #11205 on: July 17, 2019, 07:27:01 AM »

Raiders from the ancient eastern regions of what would eventually become Germany.
:jawalrus :mynicca

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #11206 on: July 17, 2019, 09:30:45 AM »
the goth waifu dream

nudemacusers

« Reply #11207 on: July 17, 2019, 09:35:01 AM »
White goths :leon

Asian goths :whew

Latina goths  :whoo
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #11208 on: July 17, 2019, 11:02:32 AM »

Went on a few dates with a Colombian goth I met on a plane... unfortunately I was going through a rough period at work so it never went anywhere.
^_^

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #11209 on: July 17, 2019, 11:02:57 AM »
Who doesn’t like big boobs?

Amir0x?
^_^

skullstorm

« Reply #11210 on: July 17, 2019, 11:21:13 AM »
He might like his own

#bodypositivity

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11211 on: July 17, 2019, 01:38:45 PM »

The first part isn't recent tho. It's always been like that for me. They might have changed the second (now it's an "intro"). One year ago the idea was that they would only see the message notification if they opened and read the profile or something.

From the FAQ :
Any introductions you receive will be visible in DoubleTake (look for a "They messaged you!" indicator) and Discovery (look for a blue line under their photos).

I looked more into this and Reddit threads on the matter seems to point you misunderstood Stro, though it's a common misconception. No mutual like required for the message to appear but the person has to open the profile in the Swipe or Search. It's a total crapshoot it will ever be read or even seen. Quite a few anecdotal feedbacks that messages can be buried deep in the queue or only be seen months after the fact. Some people don't like the swipe thing and don't use it.

Honestly I'm thinking of changing shop but I don't know where to go. I tried most of the (free) apps when I was in the most severe of intimacy droughts last year and none really convinced me. Slow dating apps are shit. OkCupid is the only one with less shallow profile and decent usability to search through people. For something more profile / question based I guess some of the older sites pre-app age are like that but meh.

Plus I really need to get on that decent photo effort, just to be 100% sure I wouldn't get more interest like that.
ὕβρις

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #11212 on: July 17, 2019, 02:00:52 PM »

Andrew Eldritch’s all-white corp goth look from the Sisters of Mercy “Dominion” video :whoo
serge

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #11213 on: July 17, 2019, 04:04:57 PM »
vom, aren't you french and if so, is adoptunmec still a thing? that was the hot shit when i lived in france 6 or so years ago

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11214 on: July 17, 2019, 04:19:08 PM »
vom, aren't you french and if so, is adoptunmec still a thing? that was the hot shit when i lived in france 6 or so years ago

Fun fact for non French speakers : AdopteUnMec is AdoptAGuy and as you may have guessed, it was already playing the fiddle to the tune -now sung by Bumble- of "empowering women on dating sites" (the logo is a lady putting a guy in a grocery caddy) which really was just the old night club trick of "free for the ladies, the men have to pay to enter." The few second hand experiences I read about that weren't really stellar on the matter.

Yes it's still around and fairly popular AFAIK though it took a definite step back (like Meetic) when the Tinder wave flooded the market. Never tried it myself.

Edit : looked it up, fairly expensive for men and people complain a lot about fake or scam profiles, though most agree the moderation is good and don't think it's partly orchestrated by the site itself.

OkCupid on Paris (it's useless anywhere else) has, AFAICT, fairly few obvious fake profiles.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 04:34:51 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11215 on: July 17, 2019, 05:01:29 PM »

:wow
ὕβρις

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #11216 on: July 17, 2019, 05:50:17 PM »
i had completely forgot that men had to pay :lol i only knew a handful of women who used the site and they had new stories to share every week and this was in a relatively small, but very touristy town.

skullstorm

« Reply #11217 on: July 17, 2019, 05:58:51 PM »

Whatever this is

:drool

Tasty

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11219 on: July 17, 2019, 06:13:56 PM »
i had completely forgot that men had to pay :lol i only knew a handful of women who used the site and they had new stories to share every week and this was in a relatively small, but very touristy town.

It was the most popular dating site 5 to 10 years ago. It's probably still fairly ubiquitous, especially the farther you get from the handful of massive population centers. It has a feature where a woman can either send the first message OR open her message box to a guy she's interested in. The latter defeat the whole "women are the ones initiating here !" (Like Bumble where the woman who matched with you have to open conversation but apparently will often just send "hey" or "hello" to let the man send the meaty opener.) but I guess it's the most optimal balance between the floodgates of open messaging and having none at all before a mutual match.

Edit : it's definitely seen as more for casual relationships, tho.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 06:31:49 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις