Author Topic: RELATIONSHIPS: helping wizards deplete their mana since 2011  (Read 1411349 times)

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
Re: RELATIONSHIPS: helping wizards deplete their mana since 2011
« Reply #9720 on: January 19, 2019, 05:57:51 PM »
Been dead sick for a week or two and had no interest in social. Finally turning back around today and got energy again and I wanna get back to talking with people.

Here's a question, I actually think Atra may be in the best position to give advice for this because he's the most active and in the groove atm in this thread: So there's the people that you read their profile and see something in common or funny to comment on and your first message is that. But when you're messaging someone who has a basic or mostly empty profile (I like food, hikes, dogs, etc...), I never have any idea how to cold open in a message from that because they're giving me nothing to work with. What do you guys open with in initial message/conversation with someone like that?

Just a simple "hey there, how's it going?" And ask a quick conversation starter about what little you can glean off her profile. My girlfriend's profile was pretty bare bones, as was my first message to her (asked her how she got involved in her job field).

Sure, though lots of profiles for women constantly say stuff like "don't just message me with a hi or how's it going", so I try to never do that. Hmmmm. Yeah, I get what you're saying and that's about all I do. Like if they like hiking, a "what are some of your favorite hikes around here?".

Yup, like "know of any interesting, off the beaten path hiking trails?" would work. Just having decent grammar and not being all "hey sexy how r u" is a good start.
^_^

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #9721 on: January 19, 2019, 08:49:45 PM »
Bebs back in the day I had some success with the “what’s your fav local place for happy hour/dive bars/etc” and then when they reply, send a “perfect meet you there tomorrow at 7”
dur

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #9722 on: January 19, 2019, 10:20:19 PM »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #9723 on: January 20, 2019, 07:32:20 AM »
Bebpo, open with a classic such as "do you like getting choked?"  8)

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm so out of the loop with dating stuff that I'd probably actually use that  :doge
[close]

Trust me this shit dont work
What

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #9724 on: January 20, 2019, 08:25:08 AM »
What if you bring roses?

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #9725 on: January 20, 2019, 08:48:29 AM »
Still doesn't work  :-\  :'(
What

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #9726 on: January 20, 2019, 11:48:53 AM »
You're supposed to drink it. Not hit em with it.

Bebpo

« Reply #9727 on: January 20, 2019, 12:26:24 PM »
Messaged a few people and matched with a few on bumble yesterday morning.
No one replied (or messaged me on bumble) :(

I feel like the only way I can online date is to just message mass amounts of people since the return message rate is like <10% for me.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #9728 on: January 20, 2019, 04:21:26 PM »
If you’re a rich lawyer, you should look into professional matchmaking services.  Usually they screen the men pretty hard but it seems like you would make it through.
🍆🍆

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #9729 on: January 20, 2019, 04:41:40 PM »
imagine if they saw your like count  :-[

Bebpo

« Reply #9730 on: January 20, 2019, 04:44:41 PM »
If you’re a rich lawyer, you should look into professional matchmaking services.  Usually they screen the men pretty hard but it seems like you would make it through.

I did for a year and it wasn't cheap, they thought I was a great catch and tried to match me around but to no avail and eventually they gave up on me
[close]

Half-joking, I kinda feel like I'm hopeless at this point. It doesn't seem to matter who am, or how I carry myself, no one that I'm attracted to is interested in a short middle aged man with a 9-5. I honestly wonder if looking around for some sort of a life/dating coach like a workout trainer would help. I just feel like I've been doing this wrong my whole life and that's why I'm one of the only ones left single in my group of friends at this age.

The weird thing is about once a year, just doing what I'm doing and being me, I'll match with some awesome attractive person who finds me interesting and likes me, which makes me feel like I'm actually alright at dating. But then it doesn't work out (almost always because they end up with someone else they're dating whose a little taller, and a more "cool" job [dj, videogame designer, actor are all real situations where this happened in the past]) and then for the other 11 months of the year I get no good matches at all and feel like it's not working.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #9731 on: January 20, 2019, 08:04:32 PM »

I did for a year and it wasn't cheap, they thought I was a great catch and tried to match me around but to no avail and eventually they gave up on me
[close]

Half-joking, I kinda feel like I'm hopeless at this point. It doesn't seem to matter who am, or how I carry myself, no one that I'm attracted to is interested in a short middle aged man with a 9-5. I honestly wonder if looking around for some sort of a life/dating coach like a workout trainer would help. I just feel like I've been doing this wrong my whole life and that's why I'm one of the only ones left single in my group of friends at this age.

The weird thing is about once a year, just doing what I'm doing and being me, I'll match with some awesome attractive person who finds me interesting and likes me, which makes me feel like I'm actually alright at dating. But then it doesn't work out (almost always because they end up with someone else they're dating whose a little taller, and a more "cool" job [dj, videogame designer, actor are all real situations where this happened in the past]) and then for the other 11 months of the year I get no good matches at all and feel like it's not working.

If I recall correctly, that dating coach was a loser and was misrepresenting you left and right. You need to think about trying a different life coach, or dating service, and giving it another go. You’re a sweet guy, very considerate, and I think you haven’t really matched with people that are good around people who are as open as you are. The one girlfriend of yours that I’ve met was clearly self absorbed.   

Bebpo

« Reply #9732 on: January 20, 2019, 11:39:20 PM »
You know, maybe I need to go back to being myself on my dating profiles. At some point I stopped being a nerdy weird guy and started making normalized profiles that would attract more people instead of just a small nerdy subset. Like I have no mention of videogames or Japanese really on my profiles, and obviously that's a big part of my life.

But that small nerdy niche are the only people that when I do match with, I click with. And I used to do a lot better in online dating, which I've just been attributing to the market saturating and being harder to stand out as more attractive guys use it and getting older and less desirable with age each year.

But maybe I did better when I was online dating and met cooler people and had better adventures (even if most didn't work out) when years ago I came off more myself and nerdy. Might be time to redo my profiles.

[close]

If I recall correctly, that dating coach was a loser and was misrepresenting you left and right. You need to think about trying a different life coach, or dating service, and giving it another go. You’re a sweet guy, very considerate, and I think you haven’t really matched with people that are good around people who are as open as you are. The one girlfriend of yours that I’ve met was clearly self absorbed.

Well it wasn't a dating coach, just a matchmaker, so it's not like I was getting any real advice on improving myself/dating. I'd be open to using a matchmaker again or having a dating coach but idk how you find a good person.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #9733 on: January 21, 2019, 01:10:47 AM »
Try to shut down your filters, whether you're interacting with a friend or an online/real life potential date. At the end of the day, everyone's a picky bitch and it's best to just own that.

It seems most people play a role for a couple months while online dating and then when they catch somebody, they keep it up for another month. It doesn't work out, rinse/repeat. It's a general human weakness.

Of course, as far as I know you're just a weaboo nerd. If you were a 4chan hentai king then my advice would be sorta different.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #9734 on: January 21, 2019, 02:13:34 AM »
I think today went ok.

So after work she messaged me asking me if she knew a place she could work on her resume. Well I did something uncharacteristically and suggested my house.

So she ended up coming to my house to work. We just talked a lot and she stayed from 7:30 till 12:30 so I'm going to assume she had an ok time.

I will say she's too good for me and she's pretty hot.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 02:24:32 AM by Rahxephon91 »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #9735 on: January 21, 2019, 02:17:33 AM »
I was about to like your post until you said "she's too good for me". edit that part out, breh

Oblivion

« Reply #9736 on: January 21, 2019, 02:56:05 AM »
A little while back, I bought a ton of plain t-shirts of various colors (they were on sale). They're super comfortable, and fit very nicely on my frame (imo  :-[), but one of my good friends/co-workers has been giving me a lot of shit for them cause he thinks they're too boring. I didn't think much of it, but now he's made me feel a little bit self-conscious.

But really, no one who finds you attractive is going to lose interest cause you wear an unremarkable t--shirt right?  >:(

skullstorm

« Reply #9737 on: January 21, 2019, 05:17:52 AM »
Sorry but it's a known fact that only Ed Hardy clothes can get people laid  :trumps

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #9738 on: January 21, 2019, 12:13:09 PM »
Oh hi im back with an ultimate dumb idea

Saw that one girl in the city tonight.. a quick glance was exchanged but that was it. Seeing her made all that old shit resurface. I felt like fuck she's so gorgeous and cute how did I fuck this up so bad what an idiot I was/am

I guess I shouldnt show up on her doorstep with another bouquet of flowers :(

Just dont do it mmarsu you dumb cunt
What

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #9739 on: January 21, 2019, 12:19:57 PM »
@MMR

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #9740 on: January 21, 2019, 01:10:52 PM »
@MMR

This and

this made me cry man

I guess it wasnt a smart move to pull an all nighter last night, im emotional as fuck
What

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #9741 on: January 21, 2019, 01:24:07 PM »
Go easy on yourself 🥰

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #9742 on: January 21, 2019, 02:44:59 PM »
Oh hi im back with an ultimate dumb idea

Saw that one girl in the city tonight.. a quick glance was exchanged but that was it. Seeing her made all that old shit resurface. I felt like fuck she's so gorgeous and cute how did I fuck this up so bad what an idiot I was/am

I guess I shouldnt show up on her doorstep with another bouquet of flowers :(

Just dont do it mmarsu you dumb cunt
is this about the chokey girl?

We all have our own chokey girls in our past.
que

Rahxephon91

« Reply #9743 on: January 21, 2019, 05:38:40 PM »
I was about to like your post until you said "she's too good for me". edit that part out, breh
I probably shouldn't, but talking to her really made me realize I need to get my shit together. She really is pretty accomplished and has a pretty curvy yet fit body. So I don't know why she likes me, but she does and I guess I should'nt worry about that. She already said I'm too hard on myself.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #9744 on: January 21, 2019, 06:24:43 PM »

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #9745 on: January 22, 2019, 12:05:00 AM »
I probably shouldn't, but talking to her really made me realize I need to get my shit together. She really is pretty accomplished and has a pretty curvy yet fit body. So I don't know why she likes me, but she does and I guess I should'nt worry about that. She already said I'm too hard on myself.
There are a few people in life that can see through people's bullshit and get the potential underneath. You hold onto those people. You keep them close. Because they are a treasure. I still am amazed my wife married me, and I couldn't tell you why she did it, but man, I'm greatful she did. Just don't me a drag on them. If they say you're worthy just go with it instead of constantly being like "no I'm not" it's their time and life, if they don't think you're worthy of it, they'll tell you. But if they think you are, just accept it and be appreciative
que

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #9746 on: January 22, 2019, 02:11:26 PM »
So let's tell our chokey girl stories:

- Mine? I had a girl I dated only a few times we made out a few times she decided that she just wanted to be friends because it turns out she had a marine that was in boot camp and she had promised to wait for him. I was like "Eh, I have so many friends I don't need another. Let alone one with some sexual tension with. So you decide." Not as bad as writing letters and poems and asking her about being choked. But here's the thing, she and my wife are friends. So every few months I see her and I'm like :snoop

To her credit, she's never let what happened between us known or let it make things awkward, but that was a dumb move.
que

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #9747 on: January 22, 2019, 04:45:52 PM »
What's the definition of chokey girl, here?
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #9748 on: January 22, 2019, 04:56:51 PM »
That would make Puppy the chokey girl here.
每天生气

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #9749 on: January 22, 2019, 04:58:13 PM »
Yeah I’m confused as well. If it’s “girls we got way too into too quickly and embarrassed ourselves” got one or two of those stories

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #9750 on: January 22, 2019, 04:59:04 PM »
I leave the definition of chokey girl to you. Just feed my schadenfreude.
que

shosta

« Reply #9751 on: January 22, 2019, 05:00:25 PM »
For the past two years, without fail, every time I've hooked up with a girl, I've taken a gnarly shit in their bathroom right after.
每天生气

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #9752 on: January 22, 2019, 05:02:26 PM »
That would make Puppy the chokey girl here.

Well I mean he got friend zoned.. but yeah it's just another one of his humble-brags lol
How's this, I once asked a girl out and she said no and my reply was "Oh...ok..I'll...leave you to your....extra curricular activities."
That whole year I was Mr. Extra Curricular.
que

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #9753 on: January 22, 2019, 05:03:35 PM »
For the past two years, without fail, every time I've hooked up with a girl, I've taken a gnarly shit in their bathroom right after.
I've been with a woman who after sheorgasms she has to go pee urgently. Does this only happen when you're with women and not when you're alone? I'm genuinely interested for some reason....
que

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #9754 on: January 22, 2019, 05:07:01 PM »
I mean a lot of women have issues with UTI if they don't pee right after sex (it's recommended all women do it, but it's a specific genetic thing for some women.)

Other than that there's the obvious potential pressure put on the bladder.
That I get. But the pooping, riotous. The pooping!
que

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #9755 on: January 22, 2019, 05:12:02 PM »
a good pegging will loosen up the ol' bowels everytime  :-[

shosta

« Reply #9756 on: January 22, 2019, 05:15:59 PM »
Does this only happen when you're with women and not when you're alone?
Yes, I get constipated when I haven't been on a date in a while.

I'm genuinely interested for some reason....
I told you, I don't live in Sactown anymore!
每天生气

Rahxephon91

« Reply #9757 on: January 23, 2019, 12:03:08 AM »
Ok well things are going ok.

We are going to hang out on either Wednesday or Thursday and I guess watch a movie.

And Saturday hang out with my friends at some of the more hipster bars we go to. I'm really excited about this because I think I do best in group settings and well these outings are usually fun.

But I won't lie and say my negative thinking has stopped. It's shifted from "does she like me" to "does she still like me".

I wouldn't say I'm dating this girl, but a relationship seems to be booming. It's weird. I wonder when and how I should make a more physical move.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #9758 on: January 23, 2019, 12:12:24 AM »
You know what, rahx breh. You've been doing just fine on your own, I think you'll know when to make a move. At the very least, she likes talking to you and spending time alone with you. That's pretty good, breh.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 12:25:50 AM by filler »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #9759 on: January 23, 2019, 02:21:51 AM »
Want more.  :shaq

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #9760 on: January 23, 2019, 09:29:51 AM »
But I won't lie and say my negative thinking has stopped. It's shifted from "does she like me" to "does she still like me".
this was me at the beginning stages of every relationship i ever had so you're about at the right spot :lol

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #9761 on: January 23, 2019, 11:08:34 AM »
Wtf..

:doge
What

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #9762 on: January 23, 2019, 11:23:57 AM »
At least she’s honest about it  :idont
Margs

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #9763 on: January 23, 2019, 11:54:12 AM »
I'd rejuvenate her sex drive and make her bf watch.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #9764 on: January 23, 2019, 12:02:53 PM »
Ask her if the baby is sexy.

Then say.. "Whoops, baby you are sexy is what I meant."

:what
Margs

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #9765 on: January 23, 2019, 12:17:15 PM »
Good lord  :ohhh :betty
What

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #9766 on: January 23, 2019, 12:20:23 PM »
Wtf..

(Image removed from quote.)

You're in, if she's sharing this much information about her situation then she views you as a possibility. She wouldn't do that for everyone.

That being said, you'd better have rules going into this. Like, this is just a hook up and nothing else, don't catch feels. Her relationship problems with her BF are between them and she can't vent to you about them. They deal wit their stuff. You don't want to become a shoulder to cry on or someone to vent to. Be ready to bail at any moment.

Does she like being choked?
que

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #9767 on: January 23, 2019, 12:33:34 PM »
Wtf..

(Image removed from quote.)

choke the shid out this dumbass biiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatch

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
que

nachobro

• Live Más

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #9770 on: January 23, 2019, 12:54:06 PM »
You're in

:mindblown
Not to the kids. You sicko!

1) Just had a baby
2) Lives with BF
3) Has no sex drive
4) Immediatly discussing long term potential over a dating app chat

YOU ARE IN!
Mupepe would have that deal closed 20 minutes ago. 
que

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #9771 on: January 23, 2019, 12:56:04 PM »
Yo that’s a solid lead for your new wife

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #9772 on: January 23, 2019, 12:57:40 PM »
Also, pls post results.
que

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #9773 on: January 23, 2019, 01:38:06 PM »
You're in

:mindblown
Not to the kids. You sicko!

1) Just had a baby
2) Lives with BF
3) Has no sex drive
4) Immediatly discussing long term potential over a dating app chat

YOU ARE IN!

I'd say realistic expectations are def a good thing but this... sheeeit. The only time I'd get involved with a single mother again is if there was a definite spark there worth exploring and fully realizing ya gon be new dadda lol
:9

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #9774 on: January 23, 2019, 01:53:24 PM »
Obviously you need to shut that relationship crap down. She's not ready and no, you don't wanna be a dad. But a hook up? Go for it.  On second thought though, tell her how good you are with kids and how understanding you are and set up a date. (Pls post results)
que

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #9775 on: January 23, 2019, 01:58:54 PM »
she got a live-in babysitter   8) get you some that milk  :-[

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #9776 on: January 23, 2019, 02:02:10 PM »
But a hook up? Go for it.

Dude.. did you not read why her live in BF is ditching her? lol
Did you not read the "Pls post results"?
que

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #9777 on: January 23, 2019, 02:02:45 PM »
she said nothing about sucking them tidds and enjoying the refreshing lechita  :drool

shosta

« Reply #9778 on: January 23, 2019, 02:09:39 PM »
Fill the hole in her life  :-[
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #9779 on: January 23, 2019, 02:11:04 PM »
nothing sexual about feeding her new boyfriend  :rash