Author Topic: #latestagecapitalism  (Read 359735 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: #latestagecapitalism
« Reply #3540 on: December 07, 2021, 06:15:37 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
That movie is like a window in the future. Are we 100% sure the writer wasn't a time traveler?
🤴

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3541 on: December 08, 2021, 02:32:59 AM »

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #3542 on: December 08, 2021, 08:40:39 AM »
Nothing wrong with euthanasia.  :trumps
Unless you think they work like the suicide booths in Futurama.  :doge

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3543 on: December 08, 2021, 01:22:25 PM »
Why are we doing this again?

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1468634035308085250

Why have the graphics not improved. Did GameFreak make this?
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3544 on: December 08, 2021, 02:20:07 PM »
Why are we doing this again?

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1468634035308085250

Why have the graphics not improved. Did GameFreak make this?

We're not though. Some weird tech bros in California are pushing this and the general public is just a bit bemused by this thing that no one asked for and no one outside of those weird tech bros cares about.
Spud

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3545 on: December 08, 2021, 04:08:21 PM »
Think guest lists that number in the thousands. Gift registries that feature NFTs, or non-fungible tokens. Maybe even destination weddings in space.

“They’re going to take their friends on a space rocket,” Ms. Hammer said

:notlikethis
©@©™

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #3546 on: December 09, 2021, 04:30:53 AM »
Can we somehow link the suicide pod and the metaverse?

T-Short

• hooker strangler
« Reply #3547 on: December 09, 2021, 04:21:16 PM »
Quite an incredible ratio on this announcement for an account with a million followers

https://twitter.com/Kickstarter/status/1468744619068436480
地平線

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #3548 on: December 10, 2021, 06:59:54 AM »

BisMarckie

« Reply #3549 on: December 10, 2021, 07:09:00 AM »
Hollywood elites can clone themselves on a whim, yet it sonetimes is a pain in the ass to clone a hard drive :curious

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3550 on: December 10, 2021, 04:23:44 PM »
Literally...

I mean, I can excuse 14 year old kids for abusing that word and using it in incorrect ways, but journalists?

The erosion of any sense of professionalism in modern journalism is one is the most damaging things to happen to western civilisation and we will regret it once we have completely destroyed it.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 05:36:09 PM by Potato »
Spud

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.

Coax

« Reply #3552 on: December 11, 2021, 12:45:33 AM »
Literally...

I mean, I can excuse 14 year old kids for abusing that word and using it in incorrect ways, but journalists?

Consider that it's Buzzfeed and they know that such usage of the word is sure to generate discussion about it. Anything to drive engagement.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3553 on: December 11, 2021, 01:42:03 AM »
I know, but still...have a little professional dignity.
Spud

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #3554 on: December 11, 2021, 08:49:18 AM »
you sacrifice that when you accept a job at the feed :maduro
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3555 on: December 11, 2021, 09:21:52 AM »
They make up fake stories about golden showers in Moscow and support illegal wars, they have no dignity :trumps
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3556 on: December 12, 2021, 05:11:17 PM »
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #3558 on: December 12, 2021, 05:47:03 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #3560 on: December 13, 2021, 04:40:11 PM »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #3561 on: December 13, 2021, 06:43:23 PM »
^_^

benjipwns

benjipwns

« Reply #3565 on: December 24, 2021, 12:06:05 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #3566 on: December 24, 2021, 05:53:49 AM »

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #3567 on: December 24, 2021, 05:53:57 AM »
https://twitter.com/CoinersTakingLs/status/1473212892505800706

https://twitter.com/Eli_Navvy/status/1473302706693545986

:neogaf
I'm starting to feel alienated.
Is it because i'm getting old, being left behind, or is a parallel dimension made up entirely of morons, manifesting itself?

benjipwns

« Reply #3568 on: December 24, 2021, 06:45:54 AM »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Quaker

« Reply #3570 on: December 25, 2021, 03:55:48 PM »
https://twitter.com/stereogum/status/1459581059029426176
where's the video  ???

https://twitter.com/jaydetbh/status/1459024486188072965

:piss                            :piss2
(Image removed from quote.)
1. Wait, this is a lady doing the pissing?
2. Why does this sound like RATM?
3. Why is there a trumpet?
4. Of course the volunteer is a fat old white guy in Florida.
5. Holy shit that's a lot of piss.

10/10.

I love that in 2021 it's just up on twitter.com instead of having to go to the dark web or liveleak. I also find it incredibly hilarious and fucked up that(although mostly harmless) this is going to follow these people around forever. Like how do you live that down after it goes viral like that?
P.S. these dudes are responsible for the awful end credits Rage Against the Machine cover in Matrix 4.

Couldn't explain why it was a particularly bad/hilarious choice to my normie companions without revealing myself as a chronically online sicko.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3571 on: December 27, 2021, 02:25:20 PM »
:mouf :piss2
©@©™

Quaker

benjipwns

« Reply #3573 on: December 29, 2021, 05:24:53 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #3574 on: December 29, 2021, 06:26:21 PM »

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3576 on: December 31, 2021, 02:14:00 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #3577 on: December 31, 2021, 05:10:48 PM »

benjipwns

« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 07:00:12 PM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

benjipwns

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Uncle

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #3582 on: January 05, 2022, 10:17:30 PM »
Wow, i'd love to have a virtual lady comment on everything i buy!

"Didn't you buy Nutella last week, you fat fuck?"

Also, i love having to fumble around with a cartoon 3d milk carton, instead of quickly click "add to cart" on a browser page and be done in 2 minutes!  :doge

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3583 on: January 05, 2022, 10:21:39 PM »

Also, i love having to fumble around with a cartoon 3d milk carton, instead of quickly click "add to cart" on a browser page and be done in 2 minutes!  :doge

Cross-posting from our conversation in the random gaming thread because it's relevant here.

Sure, they're ironing out the technical issues, but they are making no progress on the social and practical issues inherent in VR for gaming and for other purposes.

I may live to regret this opinion, but VR and the whole meta verse thing is just nerds with unlimited money trying to live out their 90s cyberpunk fantasies. It's dead in the water for mainstream adoption because the practical purposes are inherently terrible compared to other ways of doing things.
Spud

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #3584 on: January 05, 2022, 10:40:09 PM »
For sure, i mainly look at VR for gaming, both arcade and immersive sim kind of thing, not as an alternative to do completely mundane tasks.
It's just the wrong interface.

In general, anything involving gestures is a failure when it comes to mundane usability, which is why Minority Report in bullshit.
If i have to be in front of a computer 10 hours a day, i'd rather move a mouse in a 10²cm area, rather than wave my arms around like a Goalie.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #3585 on: January 05, 2022, 11:28:44 PM »

"I've detected you already have enough milk, you ought to put that back," she admonishes me as I add gallon after gallon, far more milk than one man requires.  The physics-enabled jugs slide around and two of them bounce out of the cart.  She doesn't seem to know how to react, and I decide I am done.

We finally visit the electronics department.  "Ah, I see you saved the best for last, we can get that TV you wanted!" she says excitedly.  My hand hovers over the "purchase" button, but I pause.  Suddenly I reach into the cart to pull out one of the gallons of milk, and her face falls.  I unscrew the virtual lid, and while solemnly locking eyes with her, I pour virtual milk all over the virtual TV.  Silently and with commitment, I do this again and again, until my cart is empty and jugs lie strewn about the ruined electronics department.  My work complete, I turn and teleport out of the store without making a purchase.
Uncle

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #3586 on: January 05, 2022, 11:54:03 PM »

"I've detected you already have enough milk, you ought to put that back," she admonishes me as I add gallon after gallon, far more milk than one man requires.  The physics-enabled jugs slide around and two of them bounce out of the cart.  She doesn't seem to know how to react, and I decide I am done.

We finally visit the electronics department.  "Ah, I see you saved the best for last, we can get that TV you wanted!" she says excitedly.  My hand hovers over the "purchase" button, but I pause.  Suddenly I reach into the cart to pull out one of the gallons of milk, and her face falls.  I unscrew the virtual lid, and while solemnly locking eyes with her, I pour virtual milk all over the virtual TV.  Silently and with commitment, I do this again and again, until my cart is empty and jugs lie strewn about the ruined electronics department.  My work complete, I turn and teleport out of the store without making a purchase.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3587 on: January 06, 2022, 12:48:28 AM »

Gimme that virtual anarchy all over my face  :mouf
Spud

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #3588 on: January 06, 2022, 12:10:46 PM »
For sure, i mainly look at VR for gaming, both arcade and immersive sim kind of thing, not as an alternative to do completely mundane tasks.

In general, anything involving gestures is a failure when it comes to mundane usability, which is why Minority Report in bullshit.
If i have to be in front of a computer 10 hours a day, i'd rather move a mouse in a 10²cm area, rather than wave my arms around like a Goalie.

VR is definitely gonna grow in importance in medical and military processes, virtual tourism, sex... not so much mundane tasks or work conferencing.
^_^

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #3589 on: January 06, 2022, 12:37:12 PM »
I liked that they showed the total for current items in your shopping cart.  That was the most absurd part.   

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #3590 on: January 06, 2022, 03:24:24 PM »

VR is definitely gonna grow in importance in medical and military processes, virtual tourism, sex... not so much mundane tasks or work conferencing.
Oh yeah Google Earth VR is already very cool to use for that.

benjipwns

« Reply #3591 on: January 06, 2022, 10:22:22 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #3592 on: January 06, 2022, 10:24:59 PM »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3593 on: January 07, 2022, 01:10:39 AM »
Do you really see a difference between the "them" and the "reality" people though?
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #3594 on: January 07, 2022, 01:47:55 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #3595 on: January 07, 2022, 01:50:36 AM »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #3596 on: January 07, 2022, 10:37:12 AM »

Oh yeah Google Earth VR is already very cool to use for that.

When my fiancee and I went to visit you guys in 2019, we did a tour of the Baths of Caracalla, and we had the pseudo VR app/cardboard glasses for our phones, that allowed us to see what it looked like back in the day, superimposed over the modern day version. Was really neat, definitely excited to see more stuff like this.
^_^

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3597 on: January 07, 2022, 05:12:33 PM »
https://twitter.com/USCPSC/status/1478794691634155523
That's actually a really good social media campaign for something that, at its core, is unlikely to get much attention. Particularly for a government organisation which is subject to so much oversight and restriction when it comes to social media.

The message is positive, funny and a bit silly. It takes advantage of dumb internet culture and turns that into eyeballs on their new consumer protection website. It also attracts a demographic which is notoriously difficult to reach for something like consumer complaints.
Spud

benjipwns

benjipwns

« Reply #3599 on: January 07, 2022, 09:14:15 PM »
That's actually a really good social media campaign for something that, at its core, is unlikely to get much attention. Particularly for a government organisation which is subject to so much oversight and restriction when it comes to social media.

The message is positive, funny and a bit silly. It takes advantage of dumb internet culture and turns that into eyeballs on their new consumer protection website. It also attracts a demographic which is notoriously difficult to reach for something like consumer complaints.
https://twitter.com/ZacharyZillman/status/1479270405328150528