Author Topic: Game of Thrones Season 7 Thread | Winter is Here  (Read 46107 times)

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
Re: Game of Thrones Season 7 Thread | Winter is Here
« Reply #360 on: August 08, 2017, 02:00:50 PM »
Breh Sansa ain't no strong woman. The show has plenty of them and Sansa is a little mouse compared to them.

Being a strong woman has nothing to do with kicking ass. Sansa is pretty fucking strong.  :beli

For real.

It does, however, has at least 66% to do with having the right hair. See:

:bow QUEENS :bow2
serge

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #361 on: August 08, 2017, 02:12:38 PM »
Some niccas itt complaing daily about broken hearts and feels meanwhile Sansa has seen her dead get killed, got raped and abused and is still standing strong being all hard and shit leading the North

take a seat wilde homos

Himu

« Reply #362 on: August 08, 2017, 02:17:48 PM »
And she's a great leader. She knows what's best for Winterfell better than Jon.
IYKYK

TVC15

« Reply #363 on: August 08, 2017, 03:03:33 PM »
So, uh, who was behind the Bran assassination attempt? I know it's not really resolved in the books, but the show seems to imply Littlefinger, but I don't see what his motive would be. Littlefinger could've just done it to cause further chaos, but I'm not sure what sort of chaos he could've counted on such a move causing.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 03:09:00 PM by TVC 15 »
serge

agrajag

« Reply #364 on: August 08, 2017, 03:11:46 PM »
Breh Sansa ain't no strong woman. The show has plenty of them and Sansa is a little mouse compared to them.

Being a strong woman has nothing to do with kicking ass. Sansa is pretty fucking strong.  :beli

Where did I say anything about kicking ass? Cersei doesn't fight and she she's the baddest bitch on the show

Sansa's been nothing but a whimpering little girl the entire show. Every time she had an opportunity to stand up to someone she faltered. Every time she got out of trouble someone else had to bail her out. She might have a coniving, survivalist streak in her, but that's about it.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #365 on: August 08, 2017, 03:20:08 PM »
So, uh, who was behind the Bran assassination attempt? I know it's not really resolved in the books, but the show seems to imply Littlefinger, but I don't see what his motive would be. Littlefinger could've just done it to cause further chaos, but I'm not sure what sort of chaos he could've counted on such a move causing.
Basically creating a rift between the Lannisters and Starks, which seems to have been an early goal of his. They are two of the biggest houses and the whole idea of marrying Sansa to Joffrey was to get them all on the same page and invested in the Baratheon dynasty. So it could make sense that he'd move to cause problems before that could happen.

I'd have more questions about how it would work logistically. He wasn't at Winterfell at the time, so even if he's using ravens to give orders there's the question of the knife.

agrajag

« Reply #366 on: August 08, 2017, 03:22:22 PM »
Plus Sansa betrayed her own father to the little shit Joffrey. And now she's trying to undermine Jon Snow's leadership. Fuck Sansa.

TVC15

« Reply #367 on: August 08, 2017, 03:28:56 PM »
Basically creating a rift between the Lannisters and Starks, which seems to have been an early goal of his. They are two of the biggest houses and the whole idea of marrying Sansa to Joffrey was to get them all on the same page and invested in the Baratheon dynasty. So it could make sense that he'd move to cause problems before that could happen.

I'd have more questions about how it would work logistically. He wasn't at Winterfell at the time, so even if he's using ravens to give orders there's the question of the knife.

That's what I figured it had to be, but it's kind of a convoluted scheme. If Caitlyn brought the dagger to anyone aside from Littlefinger (and bringing it to him wasn't her original goal, it just happened that way), the scheme may not have worked. I'm guessing LF pinned it on Tyrion rather than another Lannister since he was the brains of the family (I forget whether Tyrion was on the Small Council at the time).

I forget too many show details about the first season. I just read the book explanation (I never did finish the third book), and if it was who the AWOIAF page fingers, it's really not a particularly satisfying resolution.
serge

Himu

« Reply #368 on: August 08, 2017, 03:48:07 PM »
TBH I've always thought it was either Jaime or Cersei.

Littlefinger conspires with Lyssa to have her husband killed. A separate incident happens with Bran seeing Jaime and Cersei together. I thought it was clear either one of them would have him killed. Given what we know of the two, I'd hedge my bets on Cersei. When Caitlyn goes to Littlefinger, he deduces that this is a good time for chaos and decides to cause a further rift in the realm by claiming the Lannisters did it. That's just Baelish taking opportunity. Not only is Tyrion the brains of the family but 2/3 of his family absolutely hated him and wouldn't have remorse if he died, which blinds them from the fact he's the brains. Baelish, who knew Caitlyn, deduced that Cat would take Tyrion prisoner and the two families would fight. With the seeds planted, he conspires with Cersei to help kill Ned.

At least that's what I've thought. Littlefinger is a roach. Some things are totally his schemes, but for the most part he seems to be about climbing above the rubble and using it as his advantage more than anything. Although he's a schemer as well, obviously.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 03:55:10 PM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #369 on: August 08, 2017, 03:57:51 PM »
Another possibility is Joffrey. It's been a while since I saw s1/read GoT but I recall Joffrey saying that he'd want to be dead if he could never walk again. Using might without cunning is Joffrey's forte. The assassination attempt in Winterfell itself reeks of pure arrogance. It has Joffrey's signature all over it.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 04:03:39 PM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #370 on: August 08, 2017, 03:58:53 PM »
havent really seen her in anything else imma blame the character

Er, X-Men Apocalypse?

TVC15

« Reply #371 on: August 08, 2017, 04:02:25 PM »
Another possibility is Joffrey. It's been a while since I saw s1/read GoT but I recall Joffrey saying that he'd want to be dead if he could never walk again. Using might without cunning is Joffrey's forte. The knife after all was a gift to Joff. The assassination attempt in Winterfell itself reeks of pure arrogance. It has Joffrey's signature all over it.

This also raises another question: why would the person that ordered that assassination give the hired hand a weapon that could be used to identify the person that ordered the assassination unless they wanted to start a direct conflict? I guess in this case, it would make sense if Joffrey ordered it because he's a fucking idiot.
serge

Himu

« Reply #372 on: August 08, 2017, 04:05:14 PM »
Another possibility is Joffrey. It's been a while since I saw s1/read GoT but I recall Joffrey saying that he'd want to be dead if he could never walk again. Using might without cunning is Joffrey's forte. The knife after all was a gift to Joff. The assassination attempt in Winterfell itself reeks of pure arrogance. It has Joffrey's signature all over it.

This also raises another question: why would the person that ordered that assassination give the hired hand a weapon that could be used to identify the person that ordered the assassination unless they wanted to start a direct conflict? I guess in this case, it would make sense if Joffrey ordered it because he's a fucking idiot.

That's why I think it was Joffrey.

It's been a while. It's all coming back to me.

I think the knife was originally Robert's and someone stole it? It was later when Joffrey was given the knife as a gift, right? It has that little cunts mitts all over it. Cersei, as cruel as she is, isn't an idiot. It has to be Joff (who is an idiot) or Jaime (who would do anything for Cersei and pushed Bran out the window to begin with).
IYKYK

TVC15

« Reply #373 on: August 08, 2017, 04:18:00 PM »

I think the knife was originally Robert's and someone stole it? It was later when Joffrey was given the knife as a gift, right? It has that little cunts mitts all over it. Cersei, as cruel as she is, isn't an idiot. It has to be Joff (who is an idiot) or Jaime (who would do anything for Cersei and pushed Bran out the window to begin with).

I guess he is the only person that makes sense, but we have to accept that he was stupid enough to risk his marriage to Sansa, conflict with his dad, and possible war with the north. I mean, that's really stupid. Why not just tell the assassin to use his own goddamned dagger?
serge

Himu

« Reply #374 on: August 08, 2017, 04:22:47 PM »

I guess he is the only person that makes sense, but we have to accept that he was stupid enough to risk his marriage to Sansa, conflict with his dad, and possible war with the north. I mean, that's really stupid. Why not just tell the assassin to use his own goddamned dagger?

I don't know.

I remember one part where someone (Littlefinger?) shows Joff the dagger and Joff acts like he's never seen or used it totally has.

Plus, there's the quote.

"You're not s'pposed to be here; no one's s'pposed to be here. It's a mercy; he's dead already." And as said, Joffrey wouldn't want to live if he could never walk again. He thought he was doing Bran a favor.

From the wiki:

In A Clash of Kings, Catelyn found out that Littlefinger lied to her about the dagger only after she interrogated Jaime Lannister. Jaime bluntly admitted that he pushed Bran from the window in attempt to kill him, but claimed that neither he nor Cersei nor Tyrion had anything to do with the assassin; both Tyrion and Jaime pointed out the key flaw in Littlefinger's story- Tyrion couldn't have won the dagger in a gambling bet because he never betted against Jaime in such circumstances. When asked about the dagger, Jaime remembered that Littlefinger bet and lost it - to Robert, not to Tyrion. Catelyn realized Jaime was telling her the truth, for he had nothing to gain by lying about the assassin and the dagger after admitting that he pushed Bran. Jaime admits that he and Cersei considered having Bran killed, but given the fact Catelyn was in his bed chamber at all times and the room was guarded, it would have meant murdering their way through half of Winterfell's population to reach Bran, and they concluded there was no need when it seemed more likely that Bran would die of his injuries from the fall.

During a casual conversation at King's Landing, Tyrion made a comment about Littlefinger's elegant suit and handsome knife. Littlefinger drew his knife, glanced at it casually, as if he had never seen it before and said “Valyrian steel, and a dragonbone hilt. A trifle plain, though. It’s yours, if you would like it." Noticing the mischief in his eyes, Tyrion realized that Littlefinger was teasing him insolently about the assassin's dagger, without saying anything explicit.

Tyrion suffered a lot as a result of Littlefinger's lie: he was humiliated, kidnapped, beaten, locked in a sky cell and nearly killed three times (on the way to the Eyrie, at the Eyrie, and on the way back) - and yet he never attempted to settle the score with Littlefinger, either openly or secretly (as he did with a singer who tried to blackmail him), even after being taunted about it. It is unclear why Tyrion let Littlefinger get away with that, in contrast to the unofficial motto of his house (though Tyrion does note that at the time, Littlefinger is still too useful to House Lannister to kill him out of hand simply for revenge, though Tyrion's own train of thought implies that he will gladly have Littlefinger killed for the grief he caused Tyrion, once his usefulness is at an end).

In A Storm of Swords, Tyrion and Jaime independently deduce that it was Joffrey who sent the assassin:

After Joffrey uses his new sword to cut the book Tyrion gave him at his wedding, he says "I am no stranger to Valyrian steel." That strange comment makes Tyrion realize it was him (discounting the only two other possible culprits, because Jaime was too proud to have another do his killing for him, while Cersei was too cunning to use a knife that could be traced back to her). Tyrion remembers overhearing Joffrey jesting with the Hound in Winterfell about killing wolves: "Send a dog to kill a wolf." Even Joffrey was not so foolish as to command the Hound to slay a son of Eddard Stark, as Clegane would have informed Cersei. Instead he found his catspaw among the unsavory lot of freeriders, merchants, and camp followers who had attached themselves to the King's party as they made their way north. Since even Joffrey was not stupid enough to use his own dagger, he went poking among his father's weapons. No doubt some diligent servant had made certain that the King's weapons went with him, in case he should desire any of them. The only thing Tyrion cannot figure out is Joffrey's motive. Recalling a nasty quarrel between Joffrey and Robb, Tyrion asks Sansa if there was any ill feeling between Bran and Joffrey, but her answer is negative. He guesses then it was mere cruelty of Joffrey. Another possibility is that Joffrey grew incensed when Tyrion slapped him and ordered him to offer his sympathies to Eddard and Catelyn about Bran's injury (simply for the sake of decorum); in his warped mind, Joffrey felt so insulted at being commanded to express sympathy to Bran's parents that he may have wanted to soothe his wounded pride by having an unconscious seven year old boy assassinated.

Jaime tells Cersei that Catelyn suspected him of sending the assassin to kill Bran. Cersei recalls Robert saying of Bran: "We kill our horses when they break a leg, and our dogs when they go blind, but we are too weak to give the same mercy to crippled children" in the presence of their children, including Joffrey. Jaime deduces that it was Joffrey, but he was a child hungry for a pat on the head from the drunken fool Cersei let him believe was his father - that somehow in Joffrey's warped train of thought, he concluded that Robert would appreciate his decisiveness for euthanizing Bran without permission. It also may have been a combination of all these motives.

Although there is no direct evidence that definitively proves that Joffrey was the one who sent the assassin, it is very likely Tyrion and Jaime are correct about pinning the assassination attempt on him. When Jaime finally engineers Tyrion's escape from the dungeons, during their conversation through the secret tunnels of the Red Keep, Tyrion becomes annoyed and asks Jaime if he knew that his son tried to kill Bran Stark. Jaime grudgingly admits that he had thought he might have.

Riiiight, I forgot that Jaime and Tyrion came to those conclusions. Yeah, it was Joff.
IYKYK

agrajag

« Reply #375 on: August 08, 2017, 04:24:53 PM »

This guy breaks down the sparring session from a HEMA perspective, pretty cool.

TVC15

« Reply #376 on: August 08, 2017, 04:38:49 PM »

I don't know.

I remember one part where someone (Littlefinger?) shows Joff the dagger and Joff acts like he's never seen or used it totally has.

Plus, there's the quote.

"You're not s'pposed to be here; no one's s'pposed to be here. It's a mercy; he's dead already." And as said, Joffrey wouldn't want to live if he could never walk again. He thought he was doing Bran a favor.

From the wiki:

In A Clash of Kings, Catelyn found out that Littlefinger lied to her about the dagger only after she interrogated Jaime Lannister. Jaime bluntly admitted that he pushed Bran from the window in attempt to kill him, but claimed that neither he nor Cersei nor Tyrion had anything to do with the assassin; both Tyrion and Jaime pointed out the key flaw in Littlefinger's story- Tyrion couldn't have won the dagger in a gambling bet because he never betted against Jaime in such circumstances. When asked about the dagger, Jaime remembered that Littlefinger bet and lost it - to Robert, not to Tyrion. Catelyn realized Jaime was telling her the truth, for he had nothing to gain by lying about the assassin and the dagger after admitting that he pushed Bran. Jaime admits that he and Cersei considered having Bran killed, but given the fact Catelyn was in his bed chamber at all times and the room was guarded, it would have meant murdering their way through half of Winterfell's population to reach Bran, and they concluded there was no need when it seemed more likely that Bran would die of his injuries from the fall.

During a casual conversation at King's Landing, Tyrion made a comment about Littlefinger's elegant suit and handsome knife. Littlefinger drew his knife, glanced at it casually, as if he had never seen it before and said “Valyrian steel, and a dragonbone hilt. A trifle plain, though. It’s yours, if you would like it." Noticing the mischief in his eyes, Tyrion realized that Littlefinger was teasing him insolently about the assassin's dagger, without saying anything explicit.

Tyrion suffered a lot as a result of Littlefinger's lie: he was humiliated, kidnapped, beaten, locked in a sky cell and nearly killed three times (on the way to the Eyrie, at the Eyrie, and on the way back) - and yet he never attempted to settle the score with Littlefinger, either openly or secretly (as he did with a singer who tried to blackmail him), even after being taunted about it. It is unclear why Tyrion let Littlefinger get away with that, in contrast to the unofficial motto of his house (though Tyrion does note that at the time, Littlefinger is still too useful to House Lannister to kill him out of hand simply for revenge, though Tyrion's own train of thought implies that he will gladly have Littlefinger killed for the grief he caused Tyrion, once his usefulness is at an end).

In A Storm of Swords, Tyrion and Jaime independently deduce that it was Joffrey who sent the assassin:

After Joffrey uses his new sword to cut the book Tyrion gave him at his wedding, he says "I am no stranger to Valyrian steel." That strange comment makes Tyrion realize it was him (discounting the only two other possible culprits, because Jaime was too proud to have another do his killing for him, while Cersei was too cunning to use a knife that could be traced back to her). Tyrion remembers overhearing Joffrey jesting with the Hound in Winterfell about killing wolves: "Send a dog to kill a wolf." Even Joffrey was not so foolish as to command the Hound to slay a son of Eddard Stark, as Clegane would have informed Cersei. Instead he found his catspaw among the unsavory lot of freeriders, merchants, and camp followers who had attached themselves to the King's party as they made their way north. Since even Joffrey was not stupid enough to use his own dagger, he went poking among his father's weapons. No doubt some diligent servant had made certain that the King's weapons went with him, in case he should desire any of them. The only thing Tyrion cannot figure out is Joffrey's motive. Recalling a nasty quarrel between Joffrey and Robb, Tyrion asks Sansa if there was any ill feeling between Bran and Joffrey, but her answer is negative. He guesses then it was mere cruelty of Joffrey. Another possibility is that Joffrey grew incensed when Tyrion slapped him and ordered him to offer his sympathies to Eddard and Catelyn about Bran's injury (simply for the sake of decorum); in his warped mind, Joffrey felt so insulted at being commanded to express sympathy to Bran's parents that he may have wanted to soothe his wounded pride by having an unconscious seven year old boy assassinated.

Jaime tells Cersei that Catelyn suspected him of sending the assassin to kill Bran. Cersei recalls Robert saying of Bran: "We kill our horses when they break a leg, and our dogs when they go blind, but we are too weak to give the same mercy to crippled children" in the presence of their children, including Joffrey. Jaime deduces that it was Joffrey, but he was a child hungry for a pat on the head from the drunken fool Cersei let him believe was his father - that somehow in Joffrey's warped train of thought, he concluded that Robert would appreciate his decisiveness for euthanizing Bran without permission. It also may have been a combination of all these motives.

Although there is no direct evidence that definitively proves that Joffrey was the one who sent the assassin, it is very likely Tyrion and Jaime are correct about pinning the assassination attempt on him. When Jaime finally engineers Tyrion's escape from the dungeons, during their conversation through the secret tunnels of the Red Keep, Tyrion becomes annoyed and asks Jaime if he knew that his son tried to kill Bran Stark. Jaime grudgingly admits that he had thought he might have.

Riiiight, I forgot that Jaime and Tyrion came to those conclusions. Yeah, it was Joff.

Yeah, I read that and still thought it was pretty weak, although that final paragraph does toss in some uncertainty. I'm still not totally convinced that even Joffrey would use a weapon that could be easily traced to his family. I guess he could have been unaware of the weapon's significance, but I'm still unclear on why an assassin would be using a weapon other than their own if not to send a message.
serge

Lothar

« Reply #377 on: August 09, 2017, 12:02:46 AM »
The actress that plays Sansa is so boring, she has no charisma. She's like a wet rag.

It's the writing.  She acted well enough during lots of key scenes.  Ned dying, the moment when she thought about pushing Joffrey off of the roof, lead up to the Ramsay rape scene where she's getting more and more scared, afterwards when she's an abused prisoner, meeting Theon, Theon telling her that Bran was alive, reunion with Jon.  She had to play a wide range of emotion in Season 5 and did it well.  She was one of the few good parts of Season 5.  Especially when you compare it to what Jon and Dany have been doing.

agrajag

« Reply #378 on: August 09, 2017, 12:28:42 AM »
Jon Snow actor is awful.

TVC15

« Reply #379 on: August 09, 2017, 12:33:53 AM »
I think LF’s accent has changed every season.  But it’s always sexy.
serge

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #380 on: August 09, 2017, 12:36:14 AM »

Aiden Gillen's natural speaking voice is weird and a bit unplaceable now in general:

TVC15

« Reply #381 on: August 09, 2017, 12:40:02 AM »

Aiden Gillen's natural speaking voice is weird and a bit unplaceable now in general:

<3 You could drown a toddler in my panties right now <3
serge

Tasty

« Reply #382 on: August 09, 2017, 01:53:09 AM »
havent really seen her in anything else imma blame the character

Er, X-Men Apocalypse?

This movie was worse than BvS and Suicide Squad combined, but no one even talks about it.

Uhhhhhhh... no. Apoc is schlock but it's a ton of fun.

BvS and SS make me want to slice my wrists.

agrajag

« Reply #383 on: August 09, 2017, 02:05:24 AM »
What happened with Daario Naharis? Budgetary cuts?

Himu

« Reply #384 on: August 09, 2017, 02:12:24 AM »
Shit character.
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #385 on: August 09, 2017, 03:29:40 AM »
- Mags merking those chumps in the forest
- Mags at Auschwits
- Quicksilver's sweet dreams are made of this
- "You're in my house now!"
- The entire finale being one giant DBZ-esque teamup of all the mutant powers

Apoc was fantastic.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #386 on: August 09, 2017, 07:45:28 AM »
Shit character.

Getting rid of him is like the one good thing this show ever did for book fans.

Also getting rid of LSH

:umad
yar

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #387 on: August 09, 2017, 03:37:26 PM »
Jon Snow actor is awful.

Pretty much, yeah.

Raist

« Reply #388 on: August 09, 2017, 03:57:29 PM »

He sounds exactly like what you'd expect from an irish-born who's been living in the UK for a while, and also trained in theatre acting.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #389 on: August 09, 2017, 04:12:21 PM »
What happened with Daario Naharis? Budgetary cuts?

He was left in Meereen to rule.

studyguy

« Reply #390 on: August 09, 2017, 05:18:22 PM »
There's a ton of bad actors in this series that got carried by the rest of the cast. When it starts getting whittled down, D&D realized that the best way to stop people from criticizing the actor's abilities is to just not have them say much at all anymore. This is why Dany gets like 2m total speaking time in a season and 30min flying on a dragon per episode. That chick can't act worth a damn.
pause

Dennis

« Reply #391 on: August 10, 2017, 12:28:45 PM »

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #392 on: August 10, 2017, 12:37:35 PM »
i mean thats not even what it looked like in the scene. psshhh
nat

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #393 on: August 10, 2017, 01:40:41 PM »
Mere inches to the right of the horse is a 50 foot drop into the sea.  :doge

As Jaimee was sinking all I could think was
©ZH

Tasty

« Reply #394 on: August 10, 2017, 07:13:03 PM »
Anyone interested in Max Landis' Game of Thrones? :idont

https://twitter.com/Uptomyknees/status/895780166592483332

Himu

« Reply #395 on: August 10, 2017, 07:25:25 PM »
:holeup
IYKYK

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #396 on: August 11, 2017, 10:07:21 AM »
i'm not really interested in max landis anything tbh
nat

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #397 on: August 11, 2017, 10:56:25 AM »
Fuck Max Landis forever for ruining Dirk Gently.
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #398 on: August 12, 2017, 10:57:28 AM »
and fuck his dad for killing kids

Himu

« Reply #399 on: August 12, 2017, 12:02:33 PM »

For real?!
IYKYK

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #400 on: August 12, 2017, 12:07:52 PM »

For real?!

he's talking about the 80s twilight zone movie he directed where there was some horrible helicopter accident on set that killed 2 child extras and an older actor

zepblackstar

« Reply #401 on: August 12, 2017, 10:10:51 PM »
Fuck Max Landis forever for ruining Dirk Gently.

I wasted time watching that godawful first season.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #402 on: August 13, 2017, 12:50:57 PM »
the HBO leak confirms

(not a real spoiler imo)
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Rhaegar was cast and will be in this season (in a flashback scene)
[close]

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #403 on: August 13, 2017, 10:11:11 PM »

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #404 on: August 13, 2017, 11:07:44 PM »
it's just a series of bad conversations

they dont even have the t&a anymore to break up the monotomy

fanfic level

zepblackstar

« Reply #405 on: August 13, 2017, 11:52:16 PM »
Gilly learns to read, drops a huge plot bomb and sam acts like Al Bundy.

But I do appreciate they are blowing thru the plot lines

Go fast to the end!

Sausage

« Reply #406 on: August 14, 2017, 12:11:11 AM »
How the fuck
A. Dany let somebody as valuable as Jaime just get away after he tried to kill her
B. Jamie and Bronn stay underwater long enough to get far away from the battlefield without drowning.

TVC15

« Reply #407 on: August 14, 2017, 12:28:40 AM »
Has Littlefinger's actor done any nude scenes in anything? He's seriously like my ideal male.
serge

bluemax

« Reply #408 on: August 14, 2017, 02:15:41 AM »
How the fuck
A. Dany let somebody as valuable as Jaime just get away after he tried to kill her
B. Jamie and Bronn stay underwater long enough to get far away from the battlefield without drowning.

I realize it was a river, but like, wouldn't you want to put sentries along a river so that you can capture easily the highest value target on the battlefield? Who gives two shits about Randyll Tarly?

Then you don't have to sneak Tyrion into King's Landing to talk to Jamie because you already have him as your prisoner.

Even dumbass Robb Stark knew this stuff.
NO

Himu

« Reply #409 on: August 14, 2017, 09:27:15 AM »
I'm just strapping in at this point y'all. Every flaw we said about the show is being shown for all to see, and I'm just in for the fuckery now. They said us book readers are just nitpicking autistics but the series lacks detail and cohesion, just like we said. lol. I'm in for that ending. I need closure even if it's a badly written, mess of a rushed story, at least I'll get an ending! Finally an ending to something whose name starts with S and takes place in an epic story whose name is not Suikoden or Shenmue.
IYKYK

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #410 on: August 14, 2017, 09:31:21 AM »
that was certainly the most brisk episode in terms of travel times  :lol
püp

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #411 on: August 14, 2017, 09:33:47 AM »
right? i'm generally not bothered by it but it was friggin egregious in this episode.

Jon going from Dragonstone - without a plan - to being north of the wall with a full crew in less than 10 minutes was super jarring.
nat

FunSlower

« Reply #412 on: August 14, 2017, 09:50:19 AM »
Has Littlefinger's actor done any nude scenes in anything? He's seriously like my ideal male.

watch the UK Queer as Folk

Raist

« Reply #413 on: August 14, 2017, 10:14:56 AM »
Well that was boring.

I thought the whole point of only 7 episodes this season was because episodes were going to be longer with more shit happening?

They're going to add a couple more seasons. Just watch.

studyguy

« Reply #414 on: August 14, 2017, 12:04:09 PM »
I didn't know a Suicide Squad sequel was in the works.
Also just gave up on timelines. Everyone has the ability to teleport, w/e.

Little Finger continues to be a hilarious caricature of a shifty eyed villain, all he needs to do is twirl the moustache. 
pause

agrajag

« Reply #415 on: August 14, 2017, 12:12:35 PM »
I blame Zelda for this fast travel toxicity.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

agrajag

« Reply #417 on: August 14, 2017, 01:27:54 PM »
What did that little scroll say that Littlefinger was reading?

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #418 on: August 14, 2017, 01:31:53 PM »
What did that little scroll say that Littlefinger was reading?

it was the note Cersei has Sansa write back in s1 I believe requesting Cat and Rob come to Kings Landing and ben da knee.
nat

TVC15

« Reply #419 on: August 14, 2017, 03:10:24 PM »

watch the UK Queer as Folk

Shit, had no idea that was him! I only saw like two episodes of that. It's almost 20 years old now, does it still hold up?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I prefer the way he looks now, though :(
[close]
serge