Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2193726 times)

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #1320 on: November 08, 2017, 12:34:30 PM »
What in the god damned fuck did he do to his fucking cock?

Novid

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #1321 on: November 08, 2017, 12:36:24 PM »
It was roughly around the same time that they nuked FigureGAF entirely, along with a good percentage of the AnimeGAF posters.

Duckroll came through that day.
The only thing duckroll ever came over was pictures of little boys. Duckroll is a pedo just like your girl Hillary.
O_O
What?
When you hear about this?

gfm793

« Reply #1322 on: November 08, 2017, 12:37:12 PM »
I still can not believe that Colin Moriarty is too consevative for anyone. The man hates Trump with a passion and can't shut up about it. He is more socially liberal than most Libertarians, and is moderate as fuck on economics. Is this all still about the dad joke?

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1323 on: November 08, 2017, 12:50:01 PM »
I agree. A beautiful woman is a beautiful woman, what’s between the legs makes no difference. And it’s no secret than roughly 99% of straight men are insecure of their masculinity.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/laverne-cox-straight-men-who-sleep-with-trans-women-but-not-date-them-are-insecure-af.4621/#post-659917

:lawd
The double standards these folks do. Its a god damn mess.
As much as I hate to say the words "Agree" and "Novid" anywhere in close succession, I do have to admit I generally believe that you do not gain empathy and respect for your argument by taking it away from others. It's not a zero sum game. Now, for those Reseters and GAFers reading I'm not talking about racists, sexist and rapists, get out of here with that thought stopping reductio ad absurdum crap. I'm talking about statements like "Everyone know that 99% of men blah blah blah." If you were to take that sentence and replace the word "men" with "jews" or "women" or "black people" or any other demographic, it doesn't really matter what the rest of the sentence is, chances are it'll be grossly unfair.

Ergo, why I never bought into Bish's race baiting "Haha! You're so white you make mayo look like chocolate pudding" shtick. Because, as we've all seen, should someone reverse that onto him they'll get promptly, and justly, banned.  In essence you're just punching your opponent below the belt because you know the ref won't stop you but will throw your opponent out if they did it to you. In the end, it doesn't prove your argument, or move it forward, or convince anyone that isn't already on your side about anything. All it does is inflates your ego. It's self-serving, intellectually dishonest and lazy.

Now I know, there's people that like to say, "B...b..but their privilege!" But really, I've always believed that it doesn't matter who "they" are and what "they" do. It matters who YOU are and what YOU do. But even so, having grown up in Utah I have way more than my fair share of conservative white friends, and far too often I have to be like "Dude, stop. You're not a minority, you haven't had those experiences, you don't have a frame of reference to understand. Let me try to explain..." But even so, there's a huge difference between that and saying, "Ha ha! Shut up. You're white (or, cis, or a man, or hetero, or whatever the privilege of the day is)"

All of this isn't to set myself up as some paragon of intellectual integrity. One of the reasons I never signed up for an alt on GAF or an account on Peter Cetera is that I know I'd get sucked into these kinds of conversations and I just don't care enough to apply the intellectual rigor or integrity that such topics deserve. Part of that is because the level of discourse is different. It's not like back in the day when you would be going up against a PD, or a Guileless, and if you didn't have your ducks in a row you'd be publically eviscerated. Now we're at the level of "What would disney have to do with Lucasfilm, kiddo?" or Just the old "Quote the post, say 'Wow' and wait for the eventual dogpile" stuff. But the larger part is that I'm just too lazy.

The bore suits me just fine. I know I'm a shitposter, he knows he's a shitposter, she knows she's a shitposter. And for the most part, most of us don't pretend to be anything else. Which is more honest than can be said about some other places :hitler

yep.

they dont get it and they never will. How can they say all women should be treated in that way when Miss Cox dabbled in Prostitution (admittedly). She has no right to say that about dudes when she was apart of the same system and met her man by the same system.

Look, im just gonna keep it real with yall. There hasn't been a honest women in the industry in decades. They have all dabbled in Prostitution/Yacht Culture for years. I even know that Both Lohan and Del Ray are still talking to Harvey at this very fucking moment. The people promoting such double talk never had a sexual experience they didn't pay for or they never even had one. Im even at the point somewhat that aspects of the Church despite its massive, massive hypocrisy dealing with sex had a point - that sex and its consepts belongs to God (imo belong to nature) and not to man because if it belong to man then man will use it to destroy his own self.
I miss Creepy Stalker :goty

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 01:03:04 PM by Great Rumbler »
que

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #1325 on: November 08, 2017, 12:56:27 PM »
I still can not believe that Colin Moriarty is too consevative for anyone. The man hates Trump with a passion and can't shut up about it. He is more socially liberal than most Libertarians, and is moderate as fuck on economics. Is this all still about the dad joke?

Mostly, yes.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #1326 on: November 08, 2017, 12:57:49 PM »
He's overall a conservative and made a joke about women.

He's basically Hitler.

Jansen

« Reply #1327 on: November 08, 2017, 12:58:00 PM »
Why isn't novid lepered yet

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #1328 on: November 08, 2017, 01:18:52 PM »
JFC, they're still whining about Quiets design in that ERA thread. FFS.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #1329 on: November 08, 2017, 01:29:09 PM »
Even without knowing much about Colin Moriarty political view, he is an extremely annoying cunt. Even his face annoys me.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1330 on: November 08, 2017, 01:31:32 PM »
Is he the guy from Who's Line is it Anyway? I liked him, he was funny.
©@©™

Jansen

« Reply #1331 on: November 08, 2017, 01:32:39 PM »

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1454974&page=7

Quote from: GAR-OU;252993749
Prior to the purge if you took my posts at face value without context you'd think I was a toxic, racist, sexist, gamergater, white, Nazi member of the alt-right. In reality, I'm black, voted Obama twice, and Sanders. I voted Trump this time around because of a core group of hard left leaning, identity politic group hijacked the Dem party, and also continues to, in my view, degrade the quality of games & game companies with their agendas. I'd say Neogaf moderation was full of these types of people in fact, along with many of the posters who left in the purge. So it's not that I'm "alt-right", but I'm working with them because I dislike the "Social Studies Warrior" even more.

I think Sanders could have been a fine candidate had he not bowed down to the Social Studies Warriors and Hillary Clinton. For that reason I've adopted an extreme anti-Social Studies Warrior stance, which naturally gets confused for me being alt-right, but I'm anything but.

Quote from: GAR-OU;252993861
Here's the thing, Social Studies Warriors are working with literal communists and anarchists. I'm about to get REALLY controversial and my even get banned here for this, but hear me out. Nazis were horrible monsters that did unspeakable acts in the name of discrimination against specific groups. Absolutely unacceptable. However, Communism has, despite it's good intentions, killed millions more people regardless of their sex, race, gender, or religion. So while Nazis actively discriminate, they still have killed significantly LESS people with their ideology than communists have.

So while yes Nazis are horrible, communists are arguably even worse. I really wish the media and the Left would denounce communism the way they do Nazis, but they never do. It's always an excuse about how it wasn't true communism. However, because communism isn't racist it's actually seen in a better light by Social Studies Warriors, and Nazis are the number one evil because they were racist and mean. So I'm far from being pro-Nazi, but I think it's disingenuous to freak out over Nazis when Commies are arguably worse, yet there's not the same fear for some reason.

Yet again identity politics provides cover for terrible ideas and excuses it from persecution. That's basically the whole reason I hate Social Studies Warriors.

Quote from: GAR-OU;252993901
Horizon Zero Dawn, Mafia 3, and Watchdogs 2 as examples. All three of these games made quite a deal about "diversity" and "inclusion", and if you dared speak against the very obvious agenda being pushed in these games with the way certain characters were included and implemented in the story, you were either called racist or sexist. The problem isn't with having women or blacks in games, the issue is that said groups are often times shoved into games to make a political statement of some kind by Social Studies Warriors. That's what causes controversy.

For the most extreme example just look at Wolfenstein 2. Jesus Christ, the marketing team directly implied Trump and his supporters to be Nazis multiple times with their twitter campaign.

Quote from: GAR-OU;252993941
But again, I'd be boned regardless with Commies in charge as well. So in an absolutely worst case, I'd rather take my chances with Nazis than live in a Communists state where no matter how equally the system views me, I'm still screwed.

Quote from: GAR-OU;252993969
Perhaps I am, but that doesn't make me wrong. You can't tell me that Communism is a lesser evil than Nazism. Social Studies Warriors hate Nazis, but are basically totally fine with Communism taking over. I think the alt-right would be far less likely to become full Nazi than Social Studies Warriors to become full Commie.

Quote from: GAR-OU;252994013
If I voted for either of those two then there's a very good chance Hillary Clinton and her Social Studies Warrior horde would have won. I don't trust Social Studies Warriors to have power. The alt-right aren't that great either, but I think they're far more open to logic and reason, despite their racism/sexism, than Social Studies Warriors who operate purely on emotion and are easy to manipulate.

Look up Communism's kill count vs Nazism. Less people died in the Holocaust than Commies have killed total, by like millions. Despite that Social Studies Warriors don't at all share nearly the same hatred towards Commies that they should, that's not acceptable.

Quote from: GAR-OU;252994057
What exactly about my arguments do you find "asinine", that I believe Communism to be the far bigger evil than Nazism despite it's good intentions? Are you saying Communism is ideal to Nazism? What exactly are you taking issue with? Do you believe Social Studies Warriors are less likely to be brainwashed and go full Commie than Alt-Right going full Nazi?

Quote from: GAR-OU;252994071
Be specific about what you don't agree with. My contention is that Communism is far more evil than Nazism, and that Social Studies Warriors, being as overly emotional as they are and easy to manipulate, are much more likely to go full Commie than the Alt-RIght is likely to go full Nazi. Both are terrible, but one is clearly worse than the other, with a group much more likely to be indoctrinated.

Clockwork5

« Reply #1332 on: November 08, 2017, 01:36:47 PM »
Why are we posting Steve Bannon's diary?

etiolate

« Reply #1333 on: November 08, 2017, 01:45:15 PM »
Just cleaning this up so it doesn't become a quote pyramid.

What strikes me actually is how little credence is given to things like Obama being elected. Sure racism hasn't ended, but it means something right? It's not nothing.

There's some argument that it's actually increased since Obama, if not in numbers then increased in ferocity. My first instinct is that for some reason that tribe feels threatened and the outpouring of behavior is in response to that. What threatens them? Not sure.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #1334 on: November 08, 2017, 01:50:31 PM »
Looks like Jansen found Joe McCarthys alt

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #1335 on: November 08, 2017, 01:59:39 PM »
Novid is what you get when you feed Etoliate after midnight.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1336 on: November 08, 2017, 02:03:06 PM »

Moriarty strikes me as the stereotypical douchebag LIer, I'm so used to the type so he doesn't bother me. Don't see why people treat him like public enemy #1.
^_^

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #1337 on: November 08, 2017, 02:08:24 PM »
Have you ever seen a commie drink a glass of water?

etiolate

« Reply #1338 on: November 08, 2017, 02:09:52 PM »
Colin gets hate because he was within the clique and left. He was in the bay area, a part of the whole douchey game journalist vibe, and was on a pod that GAF liked. Then he started saying "dangerous" things, made a joke, and peaced out. Not only that, but he moved on by essentially saying game journalist was a side thing and his real love was history, which sent the terrible message that vidya  and vidya press isn't serious.

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #1339 on: November 08, 2017, 02:17:58 PM »
More Russian spam bots  :lol

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=252994299&postcount=31

Ahhh... good times, good times.

Also, as a master computer hacker, I decided to perform a traceroute on neogaf.com - it doesn't appear to be landing on liquidweb.com anymore -- me thinks maybe a server downgrade has happened? The site seems to load a bit slower than a few days ago, and I kinda doubt it's because of heavy traffic load.
Fish<

zomgee

• We've *all*
rub

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #1341 on: November 08, 2017, 02:33:46 PM »
I can't even shitpost to that crap.

Leadbelly

« Reply #1342 on: November 08, 2017, 02:35:50 PM »

What strikes me actually is how little credence is given to things like Obama being elected. Sure racism hasn't ended, but it means something right? It's not nothing.

There's some argument that it's actually increased since Obama, if not in numbers then increased in ferocity. My first instinct is that for some reason that tribe feels threatened and the outpouring of behavior is in response to that. What threatens them? Not sure.

Islam is a genuine fear for a number of people for obvious reasons. Right-wing populism has seen a significant upsurge particularly in Europe, which I imagine is fueled by Islamic terrorism and the migrant crisis. A lot of people no longer have the stomach for it any more. The levels of immigration into Europe has been absolutely unprecedented over the last decade, and people are now worried about what it means for the future. The thing is, the Left doesn't have any answers, in fact the mainstream political parties from all sides don't really have any answers, which is why there has been an upsurge in populism to begin with.

What is clear though is, the Left no longer speaks for white working-class voters and this is a big problem. They are only exasperating the problem.

Pills Here

« Reply #1343 on: November 08, 2017, 02:49:32 PM »
"Schreier: None of Bethesda's games since Fallout 4 have been very high interest to Kotaku readers"

Who the fuck is Kotaku relevant to?

Novid

« Reply #1344 on: November 08, 2017, 02:54:00 PM »
Why isn't novid lepered yet
You cant lepered the shepherd of lost ECW Muties

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #1345 on: November 08, 2017, 02:54:23 PM »
As a dev or as a publisher?

Novid

« Reply #1346 on: November 08, 2017, 02:56:11 PM »
Thats why you have growth in say a Phoenix for example over say Boston. Or More Growth in Atlanta as most of these larger northern cities with heavy black populations get gentrified.

For all intents, the coastal cites act like they are a NATION set apart from federal government and as well as their state government, but use state and federal funds to propagate there existence.

Hmm.. how does Seattle, probably the most liberal city in the country, and one of the fastest growing, fit into your narrative?

And cities where all of the jobs are, thus a huge portion of the tax revenue, are a burden on the State and Federal governments?  The fuck?  lol
its called creative accounting, all of the major cities do it. See whats going on in Illinois, motherfuckers raiding the pension box.

fizzel

« Reply #1347 on: November 08, 2017, 02:57:28 PM »

Islam is a genuine fear for a number of people for obvious reasons. Right-wing populism has seen a significant upsurge particularly in Europe, which I imagine is fueled by Islamic terrorism and the migrant crisis. A lot of people no longer have the stomach for it any more. The levels of immigration into Europe has been absolutely unprecedented over the last decade, and people are now worried about what it means for the future. The thing is, the Left doesn't have any answers, in fact the mainstream political parties from all sides don't really have any answers, which is why there has been an upsurge in populism to begin with.

What is clear though is, the Left no longer speaks for white working-class voters and this is a big problem. They are only exasperating the problem.

The Left (and centre) have repeatedly and unequivocally made it clear that there isn't a problem in the first place, and if you dare to disagree they attempt to make a pariah of you.

People are not going to sit back and let their countries turn in to third world shitholes to sate do-gooder bellyfeels. The mother of all arse kickings is brewing and it will not be pleasant to watch or experience.

Novid

« Reply #1348 on: November 08, 2017, 02:58:13 PM »
"Schreier: None of Bethesda's games since Fallout 4 have been very high interest to Kotaku readers"

Who the fuck is Kotaku relevant to?
Those that go to the Philippines like Schreier and Gracison to find a call boy

Marhunchy

« Reply #1349 on: November 08, 2017, 03:03:22 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/amazon-orders-garth-ennis-and-darick-robertson’s-‘the-boys’-to-series.4820/

Ok, i don't know much about Ennis, but everytime a thread about him appears it is swarmed

What has this guy done?

Novid

« Reply #1350 on: November 08, 2017, 03:03:33 PM »

The Left (and centre) have repeatedly and unequivocally made it clear that there isn't a problem in the first place, and if you dare to disagree they attempt to make a pariah of you.

People are not going to sit back and let their countries turn in to third world shitholes to sate do-gooder bellyfeels. The mother of all arse kickings is brewing and it will not be pleasant to watch or experience.
You want to see shit go down, when that pogrom starts motherfuckers will let the blood stick to the walls, they wount even clean up the mess. Forget arse kickings. Try Genocide just as bad as WWII and they would all go to jail for it.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1351 on: November 08, 2017, 03:34:01 PM »
Garth Ennis is a outspoken writer and he love using foul words and naughty stories. Not exactly subtle but can be powerful. He's Frank Miller without the crypto-troubled views.

He's always been hassled because of how crass, vulgar and outrageous his stories can be. In Preacher it was because the bad guy turned into a shameful gay after being raped by a cockney private dick.
ὕβρις

Himu

« Reply #1352 on: November 08, 2017, 03:45:26 PM »

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1454974&page=7

Quote from: GAR-OU;252993749
Prior to the purge if you took my posts at face value without context you'd think I was a toxic, racist, sexist, gamergater, white, Nazi member of the alt-right. In reality, I'm black, voted Obama twice, and Sanders. I voted Trump this time around because of a core group of hard left leaning, identity politic group hijacked the Dem party, and also continues to, in my view, degrade the quality of games & game companies with their agendas. I'd say Neogaf moderation was full of these types of people in fact, along with many of the posters who left in the purge. So it's not that I'm "alt-right", but I'm working with them because I dislike the "Social Studies Warrior" even more.

I think Sanders could have been a fine candidate had he not bowed down to the Social Studies Warriors and Hillary Clinton. For that reason I've adopted an extreme anti-Social Studies Warrior stance, which naturally gets confused for me being alt-right, but I'm anything but.

Quote from: GAR-OU;252993861
Here's the thing, Social Studies Warriors are working with literal communists and anarchists. I'm about to get REALLY controversial and my even get banned here for this, but hear me out. Nazis were horrible monsters that did unspeakable acts in the name of discrimination against specific groups. Absolutely unacceptable. However, Communism has, despite it's good intentions, killed millions more people regardless of their sex, race, gender, or religion. So while Nazis actively discriminate, they still have killed significantly LESS people with their ideology than communists have.

So while yes Nazis are horrible, communists are arguably even worse. I really wish the media and the Left would denounce communism the way they do Nazis, but they never do. It's always an excuse about how it wasn't true communism. However, because communism isn't racist it's actually seen in a better light by Social Studies Warriors, and Nazis are the number one evil because they were racist and mean. So I'm far from being pro-Nazi, but I think it's disingenuous to freak out over Nazis when Commies are arguably worse, yet there's not the same fear for some reason.

Yet again identity politics provides cover for terrible ideas and excuses it from persecution. That's basically the whole reason I hate Social Studies Warriors.

Quote from: GAR-OU;252993901
Horizon Zero Dawn, Mafia 3, and Watchdogs 2 as examples. All three of these games made quite a deal about "diversity" and "inclusion", and if you dared speak against the very obvious agenda being pushed in these games with the way certain characters were included and implemented in the story, you were either called racist or sexist. The problem isn't with having women or blacks in games, the issue is that said groups are often times shoved into games to make a political statement of some kind by Social Studies Warriors. That's what causes controversy.

For the most extreme example just look at Wolfenstein 2. Jesus Christ, the marketing team directly implied Trump and his supporters to be Nazis multiple times with their twitter campaign.

Quote from: GAR-OU;252993941
But again, I'd be boned regardless with Commies in charge as well. So in an absolutely worst case, I'd rather take my chances with Nazis than live in a Communists state where no matter how equally the system views me, I'm still screwed.

Quote from: GAR-OU;252993969
Perhaps I am, but that doesn't make me wrong. You can't tell me that Communism is a lesser evil than Nazism. Social Studies Warriors hate Nazis, but are basically totally fine with Communism taking over. I think the alt-right would be far less likely to become full Nazi than Social Studies Warriors to become full Commie.

Quote from: GAR-OU;252994013
If I voted for either of those two then there's a very good chance Hillary Clinton and her Social Studies Warrior horde would have won. I don't trust Social Studies Warriors to have power. The alt-right aren't that great either, but I think they're far more open to logic and reason, despite their racism/sexism, than Social Studies Warriors who operate purely on emotion and are easy to manipulate.

Look up Communism's kill count vs Nazism. Less people died in the Holocaust than Commies have killed total, by like millions. Despite that Social Studies Warriors don't at all share nearly the same hatred towards Commies that they should, that's not acceptable.

Quote from: GAR-OU;252994057
What exactly about my arguments do you find "asinine", that I believe Communism to be the far bigger evil than Nazism despite it's good intentions? Are you saying Communism is ideal to Nazism? What exactly are you taking issue with? Do you believe Social Studies Warriors are less likely to be brainwashed and go full Commie than Alt-Right going full Nazi?

Quote from: GAR-OU;252994071
Be specific about what you don't agree with. My contention is that Communism is far more evil than Nazism, and that Social Studies Warriors, being as overly emotional as they are and easy to manipulate, are much more likely to go full Commie than the Alt-RIght is likely to go full Nazi. Both are terrible, but one is clearly worse than the other, with a group much more likely to be indoctrinated.

Go "I'm black" as cover for when you bitch about games having diversity and inclusion. A black man bitching about a video game talking about race and featuring a black person? Lol.

Right. Hahaha. Right, riiiiight.

:heh
IYKYK

paprikastaude

« Reply #1353 on: November 08, 2017, 03:49:59 PM »

Historically, the current wave of refugees isn't even that big in most countries. Big cities are effected the most and that's where right wings had the smallest growth. If there's a failure on the left, then it's that it apparently wasn't possible to properly educate people in rural areas. It's like a left behind cosmos now inhabited by distinguished mentally-challenged rednecks who are afraid of brown people that they've only ever heard of, who don't understand globalisation and vote the fear mongering parties that will fuck them over the most, because they lack basic critical thinking.

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #1354 on: November 08, 2017, 03:58:45 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=252992735&postcount=8

(Image removed from quote.)

qwality stuff guys

That shower thread got deleted outright  :lol

Guess the veil was too thin.

Nevermind, just the post got nuked.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 04:23:41 PM by railGUN »
Fish<

Novid

« Reply #1355 on: November 08, 2017, 03:59:54 PM »

Historically, the current wave of refugees isn't even that big in most countries. Big cities are effected the most and that's where right wings had the smallest growth. If there's a failure on the left, then it's that it apparently wasn't possible to properly educate people in rural areas. It's like a left behind cosmos now inhabited by distinguished mentally-challenged rednecks who are afraid of brown people that they've only ever heard of, who don't understand globalisation and vote the fear mongering parties that will fuck them over the most, because they lack basic critical thinking.
Globalization without a commitment to Human Space Exploration, is Exploitation of Human Beings to the point of Global Slavery.

Leadbelly

« Reply #1356 on: November 08, 2017, 04:01:18 PM »

Well first of all, the destination of migrants tends to be the richer European countries as opposed to the poorer ones. That said it is the sustained levels of immigration year over year where it is unprecedented. Take the UK for example: before 98 the level of immigration was around 40,000 a year. In recent years it was around 300,000 net and increasing.

etiolate

« Reply #1357 on: November 08, 2017, 04:03:12 PM »

Not sure I was clear. The tribe I refer to is the social justice tribe or the "racism everywhere" tribe. Right leaning populism (even tho the same populism shows up in pretty socialist leaning anti-immigration forms in Europe) is clearly about the dissonance between immigration impact and public messages. Both political sides know Islamist ideology is a threat, but I agree they have no clue as to how to deal with it and so they don't talk about it. Anyone who pops up to at least name it can get support.

The "everything is racist" tribe isn't a response to that response, as it precedes the current populism movement.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #1359 on: November 08, 2017, 04:14:54 PM »
 :-*

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #1361 on: November 08, 2017, 04:19:26 PM »

Globalization without a commitment to Human Space Exploration, is Exploitation of Human Beings to the point of Global Slavery.

OK maybe Novid is actually good

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #1362 on: November 08, 2017, 04:27:06 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/705697/

Yikes. Who would ever want a hot woman to do that to you? Not me, because I’m a good male feminist.

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #1364 on: November 08, 2017, 04:36:41 PM »

Go "I'm black" as cover for when you bitch about games having diversity and inclusion. A black man bitching about a video game talking about race and featuring a black person? Lol.

Yes, how can a black person have different views than other black people? As we know all blacks are Hollywood movie black people now, not one of them hates SJ Ws, or is obsessing about "communism", or doesn't like liberals obsessing with diversity or in fact likes that idiot Trump, or even has wrong opinions. Blacks are all following a specific stereotype, I mean stereotypes are wrong but you can make them right if it's a positive stereotype. Like, you know, all asians are good at math.

...turns out horseshoe theory is correct.

Leadbelly

« Reply #1365 on: November 08, 2017, 04:44:08 PM »

Yes, how can a black person have different views than other black people? As we know all blacks are Hollywood movie black people now, not one of them hates SJ Ws, or is obsessing about "communism", or doesn't like liberals obsessing with diversity or in fact likes that idiot Trump, or even has wrong opinions. Blacks are all following a specific stereotype, I mean stereotypes are wrong but you can make them right if it's a positive stereotype. Like, you know, all asians are good at math.

What if a Left leaning black man questioned the level of police brutality against black people? I wonder what Bish would think about that.

Oh wait... look

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1367 on: November 08, 2017, 04:57:46 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/battlefront-iis-problematic-space-nazi-singleplayer-campaign.4872/

::)

*Thread was created for contributor/member “GinoFelino" as part of Adopt a User Program.

Wait, what? If you're a newbie what can't post good, there's a Big Brother/Big Sister program you have to join to get someone to create a post for you? Sounds wilde homo, tbqh. Can I adopt nudemacuser?
:supergay
©@©™

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #1368 on: November 08, 2017, 04:57:59 PM »

What if a Left leaning black man questioned the level of police brutality against black people? I wonder what Bish would think about that.

Oh wait... look

Yeah, this isn't surprising to me. A decent part of the left that isn't distinguished mentally-challenged has realized that they're being played by the neoliberal status quo and their corporate media with this onslaught of identity politics bullshit. Spiked is part of that left.

That is not to say that we have fixed society and racial/gender relations, what they're saying is that this identity politics obsessed toxic environment that media have created and the gullible liberals and even leftists blindly followed and helped preserve has made matters much MUCH worse for everyone.

Leadbelly

« Reply #1369 on: November 08, 2017, 05:04:52 PM »

Yeah, this isn't surprising to me. A decent part of the left that isn't distinguished mentally-challenged has realized that they're being played by the neoliberal status quo and their corporate media with this onslaught of identity politics bullshit. Spiked is part of that left.

That is not to say that we have fixed society and racial/gender relations, what they're saying is that this identity politics obsessed toxic environment that media have created and the gullible liberals and even leftists blindly followed and helped preserve has made matters much MUCH worse for everyone.

Yeah. In terms of Spiked, I kind of like the argument brendan O'neill made about the Left not being Left. He called them 'reactionaries'. I kind of like the idea of riling them up by denying their leftist credentials. lol

Boredfrom

« Reply #1370 on: November 08, 2017, 05:18:17 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/battlefront-iis-problematic-space-nazi-singleplayer-campaign.4872/

::)

Can we discuss this than the pseudo populist shit?

Because some users in Resetera are really competing for show who is the most woke.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #1371 on: November 08, 2017, 05:26:27 PM »

Nah, he's batshit crazy in some opinions which made me dislike him. Maybe he just comes off as an utter tool on Twitter, though.

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #1374 on: November 08, 2017, 05:44:26 PM »

He's just an idiot with a soap box.  :yeshrug

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1375 on: November 08, 2017, 05:46:45 PM »
Harass me Mariah :noah

Himu

« Reply #1376 on: November 08, 2017, 05:46:57 PM »

Black people have our own opinions. But a black person being mad a video game had a diverse cast? A black person? :lol They might be apathetic to it but consider it part of the problem? :lol In a medium that is historically overwhelmingly lacking in black characters? Every black person I know who has saw Mafia had a similar reaction. I cannot fathom a black dude being MAD that entertainment is trying to become more diverse and include black people. Not all black people think the same, but we all agree that representation and seeing people who look like you is important. At most, you'll find an ambivalent black person who doesn't care. But being mad at it? Saying it's part of the problem? :heh I can sniff out a cac pretending to be black online like a fox hound and that person ain't black. The only kind of diversity black folks have a problem with is showing LGBT people as normal. That dude is 90% most likely a cac.
IYKYK

Tokyosandblaster

« Reply #1378 on: November 08, 2017, 06:18:36 PM »

Black people have our own opinions. But a black person being mad a video game had a diverse cast? A black person? :lol They might be apathetic to it but consider it part of the problem? :lol In a medium that is historically overwhelmingly lacking in black characters? Every black person I know who has saw Mafia had a similar reaction. I cannot fathom a black dude being MAD that entertainment is trying to become more diverse and include black people. Not all black people think the same, but we all agree that representation and seeing people who look like you is important. At most, you'll find an ambivalent black person who doesn't care. But being mad at it? Saying it's part of the problem? :heh I can sniff out a cac pretending to be black online like a fox hound and that person ain't black. The only kind of diversity black folks have a problem with is showing LGBT people as normal. That dude is 90% most likely a cac.
You're black?