Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2145673 times)

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #3300 on: November 18, 2017, 06:35:29 PM »
I put little effort into my grammar on social media of any type. There's various gears to my writing level and I'm not wasting effort on everyday blather.
*There are
每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #3301 on: November 18, 2017, 06:47:32 PM »
I said I didn't like seeing the old mods parading around without naming anyone because they had banned some of my friends in the past.
Got the usual 'lmao u suck' and a warning for implying that not everyone will hold hands together on the RestArea.

Yikes  :doge
🤴

kingv

« Reply #3302 on: November 18, 2017, 06:54:13 PM »
Have you guys noticed how bad the grammar is on some of these warnings?

Yass.  Makes me think one person is writing most of them.

Yet black panther is spelled correctly in all warnings.

Clockwork5

« Reply #3303 on: November 18, 2017, 06:59:25 PM »
There's also the jerking off in bed with her sister thing and making her play weird kissing games. Why anyone would put this in their own memoirs, christ only knows

Without any context, I legit thought this was a burn against me.
#metoo

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #3304 on: November 18, 2017, 07:03:36 PM »
Why are people bitching about these awesome YouTube kids videos? I’m watching a spider man high heel fetish video aimed at kids right now and it’s kind of turning me on.
serge

etiolate

« Reply #3305 on: November 18, 2017, 07:43:21 PM »
Those knockoff kid videos are crazy. I assume some sort of AI is arranging them.

TVC15

« Reply #3306 on: November 18, 2017, 07:52:31 PM »
Those knockoff kid videos are crazy. I assume some sort of AI is arranging them.

That doesn’t explain the live action ones, though. Unless an AI is generating scripts and people are acting them out. I didn’t think there were many live action ones since they are likely higher effort, but I was wrong. There are a TON of them.
serge

Switters

« Reply #3307 on: November 18, 2017, 07:58:37 PM »
Have you guys noticed how bad the grammar is on some of these warnings?

What are you some kind of grammar NAZI? You wanna get fucking punched?

That said, if the warning looks liked it was typed out by an 8 year old on antihistamines it was Slayven. 
troll

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #3308 on: November 18, 2017, 07:59:13 PM »
There's also the jerking off in bed with her sister thing and making her play weird kissing games. Why anyone would put this in their own memoirs, christ only knows

I thought for sure you were talking about our pal 8bitnate til I read back a page.

etiolate

« Reply #3309 on: November 18, 2017, 08:01:00 PM »

That doesn’t explain the live action ones, though. Unless an AI is generating scripts and people are acting them out. I didn’t think there were many live action ones since they are likely higher effort, but I was wrong. There are a TON of them.

I don't realize live action ones existed. I have only seen the cheap South Park style animation ones with cartoon characters. One of them did have photos of babies pasted onto cartoon bodies.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #3310 on: November 18, 2017, 08:01:47 PM »
Also!

Pedophiles are people too, and trapped within the corrupted US justice system all because privledged adults won’t let them near their privileged children. ERA has a policy of welcoming with open arms any and all underrepresented minorities.

Unless You’re Colin Moriarty. Even if he comes out as a pedophile, he’s still not welcome.

I cam never tell if anyone is joking here. But if you aren't there is absolutely nothing privileged about being a victim. And that's all I'll say on the matter.

If you were joking everybody can laugh at me

And now I will probably go back to lurking forever, because while you guys are funny sometimes has no skills and being feeling myself. Y'all are pretty entertaining

Oh no, I see what this is. You don’t get to pin this on self admitted fat one. This is your way of saying goodbye to us now that you’re a mod on ERA and you’re too cool for our school, isn’t it?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I trust you will be one of the ones who won’t let it inflate your ego and ban unfairly
[close]

Switters

« Reply #3311 on: November 18, 2017, 08:06:44 PM »
I don't think 0p1at3 is a pedo. He just got in trouble by trying super Spock the discussion.

Remember that one thread where he said anything you did in life was meaningless unless you were a doctor or made medicine? I don't remember all the 1's and 0's but it was weird. Really liked him as a mod when he would come in and beep boop about someone catching feelings on any given topic.
troll

Clockwork5

« Reply #3312 on: November 18, 2017, 08:23:12 PM »
I don't think 0p1at3 is a pedo. He just got in trouble by trying super Spock the discussion.

Remember that one thread where he said anything you did in life was meaningless unless you were a doctor or made medicine? I don't remember all the 1's and 0's but it was weird. Really liked him as a mod when he would come in and beep boop about someone catching feelings on any given topic.

This is my general feeling about him as well. At least he was a level headed and somewhat impartial mod.

Also, probably not a pedo.

TVC15

« Reply #3313 on: November 18, 2017, 09:32:04 PM »
serge

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #3314 on: November 18, 2017, 09:33:11 PM »
Godspeed Queen.
rub

Clockwork5

« Reply #3315 on: November 18, 2017, 09:42:27 PM »
Oh, Cindi.

That thread isn't going to make you any friends. While I definitely see your trans woman / man in a dress distinction and mostly agree with you, I don't think there will be many there who will voice their support.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 10:07:41 PM by Clockwork5 »

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #3316 on: November 18, 2017, 09:52:47 PM »
Queen going for a ban. She got TERFed on the first reply.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/era-discussion-non-binaries-and-the-trans-debate.6928/

Posts have been deleted in that thread apparently?

Clockwork5

« Reply #3317 on: November 18, 2017, 10:07:07 PM »
People there saying "cis" in earnest.

::)

Any straight person who calls themselves cis just makes me feel bad for them.

:snoop

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #3318 on: November 18, 2017, 10:17:26 PM »
why do you care lol

Clockwork5

TVC15

« Reply #3320 on: November 18, 2017, 10:21:24 PM »
I wish I was still young enough to do shit like vandalize cemeteries. That would make me happy and snap me out of this funk.
serge

MangoMadness

« Reply #3321 on: November 18, 2017, 10:21:33 PM »
Rule of thumb: when some group represents a fraction of a percent of the population, such that 99.xx% is not that thing, that remainder of 99.x% doesn't need a special name.

How else would you efficiently say "someone who identities as the gender they were born as"?

Clockwork5

« Reply #3322 on: November 18, 2017, 10:22:22 PM »
Rule of thumb: when some group represents a fraction of a percent of the population, such that 99.xx% is not that thing, that remainder of 99.x% doesn't need a special name.

How else would you efficiently say "someone who identities as the gender they were born as"?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Normal... I kid, I kid.
[close]
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 10:33:02 PM by Clockwork5 »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #3323 on: November 18, 2017, 10:23:46 PM »
I don't know about this absolute, citizen.

It's a sensible term if you need that extra context, specifically in text communication among strangers. I don't see the problem.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3324 on: November 18, 2017, 10:25:06 PM »
I wish I was still young enough to do shit like vandalize cemeteries. That would make me happy and snap me out of this funk.
Ever shit on a grave stone?

TVC15

« Reply #3325 on: November 18, 2017, 10:27:10 PM »

I've definitely pissed on some. I don't think I've ever shit in something other than a toilet or my pants. Aside from the single time I was throwing up into my toilet and started shitting at the same time and it sprayed all over my bathroom.
serge

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3326 on: November 18, 2017, 10:28:08 PM »
I havent looked into it (EddieBravo.gif) but from the outside it seems cis is used so the 99.xx% as you put it is not referred to as 'normal' as that implies there is something wrong with the .xx.

Clockwork5

« Reply #3327 on: November 18, 2017, 10:29:39 PM »

I've definitely pissed on some. I don't think I've ever shit in something other than a toilet or my pants. Aside from the single time I was throwing up into my toilet and started shitting at the same time and it sprayed all over my bathroom.
The one time this happened to me I did a sweet 180 and shit in the toilet while continuing to vomit in the bathtub.

Himu

« Reply #3328 on: November 18, 2017, 10:30:51 PM »
I havent looked into it (EddieBravo.gif) but from the outside it seems cis is used so the 99.xx% as you put it is not referred to as 'normal' as that implies there is something wrong with the .xx.

I guess there's something wrong with you when people call you straight as well.
IYKYK

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3329 on: November 18, 2017, 10:31:11 PM »

I think the worst I've ever done is puke down my sleeve on a dance floor so no one would see. What kind of shit do you get upto in a cemetery then?

TVC15

« Reply #3330 on: November 18, 2017, 10:37:18 PM »

I think the worst I've ever done is puke down my sleeve on a dance floor so no one would see. What kind of shit do you get upto in a cemetery then?

There was an old Civil War era (note: it wasn’t a graveyard for CW people or anything like that. The dates on the graves just seemed to stop in the 1860s/70s) graveyard right outside of town where I grew up. Nobody used it anymore and it wasn’t maintained. It was remote enough that we used to party there and kick over grave stones and throw them off a small cliff onto the road below. One time we dug up a grave there while whacked out on acid. Almost dug up. We kinda punked out in the end because the acid was wearing off and we were also drinking heavily so we were kinda tired.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 10:45:04 PM by TVC 15 »
serge

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3331 on: November 18, 2017, 10:42:58 PM »

I thought for sure you were talking about our pal 8bitnate til I read back a page.

so did he :lol :lol

Without any context, I legit thought this was a burn against me.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3332 on: November 18, 2017, 10:43:19 PM »
I walked through a cemetery everyday to get to my high school, so they've for sure lost their edginess/rogue appeal to me. Hiking trails and getting baked 20 km from the nearest road though :lawd

shosta

« Reply #3333 on: November 18, 2017, 11:26:57 PM »
Cindi targeting Cream. Not good. Cream is made out of fissile material.
每天生气

kingv

« Reply #3334 on: November 18, 2017, 11:39:26 PM »

There is nothing wrong with them but they are basically the dictionary definition of not being normal.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #3335 on: November 18, 2017, 11:39:54 PM »
When I was 15, I pulled someone's mailbox off the post, drove to a park with some friends, pooped in it, drove back and put it back on said post with a note saying I had, in fact, pooped in the mailbox.

I just know I've got some horrible karma coming my way for that, now that I have kids of my own.

shosta

« Reply #3336 on: November 18, 2017, 11:46:36 PM »
boom goes cream
每天生气

Clockwork5

« Reply #3337 on: November 18, 2017, 11:56:18 PM »
How many different loli anime avatars of 10 year olds getting blasted is Cream going to use?

That is the most offensive thing about that thread.

shosta

« Reply #3338 on: November 19, 2017, 12:03:00 AM »
Cindi just pulled out the DSM, implying trans is a mental illness. Really hope that doesn't cause issues.
每天生气

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #3339 on: November 19, 2017, 12:04:39 AM »
I'm on #teamcindi. I have nothing but respect and sympathy for people with genuine gender dysphoria. People who are effectively effeminate men should not get to call themselves trans just because they reject some stereotypical masculine label.

This sort of thing has been common for ages in Thailand and the Philippines, actually. That's kind of what the ladyboy culture is about. Socially, it goes, "if you're gay, you must want to be a girl"... and lo and behold, nearly every gay man in either of those countries acts very feminine and at least incorporates some element of women's fashion into their daily lives. But all the ones I've ever met would also never identify as trans.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 12:22:57 AM by samfish »

Jansen

« Reply #3340 on: November 19, 2017, 12:19:38 AM »
huelen10 as fuck

Rise

« Reply #3341 on: November 19, 2017, 12:22:17 AM »
25 posts in and I already see a "you don't need dysphoria to be trans" posted unironically

:fbm :heh :mjcry :trigger :stop

etiolate

« Reply #3342 on: November 19, 2017, 12:31:43 AM »
That facebook video in Cindi's post is extreme cringe.

TVC15

« Reply #3343 on: November 19, 2017, 12:36:40 AM »

I found the shitting on Descartes really weird. To use him as an example of the creation of social dichotomies was a strange idea, and then for some reason they felt the need to put a negative spin on him and his work?

I’m all for shitting on overly heady and ultimately pointless philosophers, but Descartes is one of the few I’d consider a master.
serge

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #3344 on: November 19, 2017, 12:38:49 AM »
It comes from the cock. Like most everything.

Lots of dudes would be open to fucking a woman with a dick. Most of the aforementioned dudes would not be down to fuck a gay stereotype in a dress.

etiolate

« Reply #3345 on: November 19, 2017, 12:44:45 AM »

I found the shitting on Descartes really weird. To use him as an example of the creation of social dichotomies was a strange idea, and then for some reason they felt the need to put a negative spin on him and his work?

I’m all for shitting on overly heady and ultimately pointless philosophers, but Descartes is one of the few I’d consider a master.

Judging by the way they open up that Descartes bit, I assume they picked him to bring up colonialism and drop a "bad white people" bit. You can't invent dualism. It's way older than Descartes, but they needed a European to hate.

TVC15

« Reply #3346 on: November 19, 2017, 12:48:14 AM »

Judging by the way they open up that Descartes bit, I assume they picked him to bring up colonialism and drop a "bad white people" bit. You can't invent dualism. It's way older than Descartes, but they needed a European to hate.

This is what I figured, too. Especially once they brought up slavery, a subject Descartes never tackled. I think you’re starting to rub off on me, bro.
serge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #3347 on: November 19, 2017, 12:50:00 AM »
 :mynicca :respect :success

TVC15

« Reply #3348 on: November 19, 2017, 12:52:43 AM »
I figured trans and non-binary academics would love Descartes since mind-body dualism is good philosophical grounding for explaining their situations.
serge

etiolate

« Reply #3349 on: November 19, 2017, 01:01:23 AM »
As for the rest of the video: It falls under a pattern I've noticed of the eliminating or distancing from the idea and acceptance of weird. Where I came from, time wise, you certainly got shit for being weird, but if you embraced your weirdness it ultimately earned respect. A sophomoric outsider pride also came from being weird.

Now, even when everything about you is performative weirdness, the goal is to force everyone to accept you as nothing worth batting an eye at. Weird can't exist because it separates, but mostly it can't exist because working to stand on your own is too hard. It's easier to collectivize and destroy the whole idea of weird and shove it in as a part of the everyday.

Makes no sense to me. Like making a Black Metal band and hoping to appear on The Ellen Show.

TVC15

« Reply #3350 on: November 19, 2017, 01:06:03 AM »
Himuro’s thread SILENCED for being out of hand.
serge

Himu

« Reply #3351 on: November 19, 2017, 01:09:47 AM »
I was banned and made this reply to Kristoffer but couldn't post it because of the ban.

My concern is the community. Is it really good for the community if we don't have higher standards? What ultimately happened due to lower standards? This woman was embarrassed and made fun of and put on a national spotlight. Is that really good? I think that there's a harmful undercurrent in the trans community where we just go along with everything. You identify, therefore do whatever. I and I just don't agree with it. I've seen plenty of people who tell others they pass when they remotely don't and it almost always results in some self harm in the end. I do not judge or wish harm on this woman. But I'm seeing a beard, and I don't see why it's okay to present that way when expecting people to just accept you as a woman. It just results in pain and lack of support in the end which makes things harder. I know more than a few trans women who just pop their E pills and expect things to turn out and do the bare minimum effort and then wonder why people don't call them she/her and then people online coddle them, shush them, and make them feel a little better, until the next time it happens. It results in true pain for them and on more than one occasion results in suicidal tendencies and ideation. Sometimes in "successful" attempts. My goal here isn't to judge other trans women from a passing/non-passing perspective, and I understand that not everyone is in a position for a successful transition with resources. I sure didn't, and in many ways still don't since I was off hormones almost all year and went nuts because of it. I simply do not think that the way the community commands itself lends to the best of support and happiness.
IYKYK

TVC15

« Reply #3352 on: November 19, 2017, 01:17:02 AM »
Cindi, can I get some tummy rubs for my correct ban prediction?
serge

shosta

« Reply #3353 on: November 19, 2017, 01:28:46 AM »
cindi if you're going to talk so much shit you better post some nudes so we can critique your hairless nipples
每天生气

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #3354 on: November 19, 2017, 01:32:06 AM »
I just want to live in a society where I can wear leggings in public.

TVC15

« Reply #3355 on: November 19, 2017, 01:33:36 AM »
I just want to live in a society where I can wear leggings in public.

It’s called California.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #3356 on: November 19, 2017, 01:52:16 AM »
So I just had a bottle of Johnnie Walker delivered. The delivery guy gets out of his car, and he’s a white dude of the Wilford Brinkley variety. I give him my name, and he responds with “If all the cell phones and the internet stopped working, do you think it would be the end of civilization?”

I thought for a few seconds, maybe too much, and said something like “I think things would be extremely chaotic for a few years, but that we’d ultimately be alright.”

His response was “Do you think things would be okay in 23 years?” I was weirded out by the specificity and said “Uh yeah” and now I’m back inside drinking and wondering what that was.
serge

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #3357 on: November 19, 2017, 02:02:31 AM »
He sounds high.

shosta

« Reply #3358 on: November 19, 2017, 02:04:04 AM »
Sounds like he bought 23 year bonds in a doomsday prep company.
每天生气

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #3359 on: November 19, 2017, 02:15:35 AM »
So I just had a bottle of Johnnie Walker delivered. The delivery guy gets out of his car, and he’s a white dude of the Wilford Brinkley variety. I give him my name, and he responds with “If all the cell phones and the internet stopped working, do you think it would be the end of civilization?”

I thought for a few seconds, maybe too much, and said something like “I think things would be extremely chaotic for a few years, but that we’d ultimately be alright.”

His response was “Do you think things would be okay in 23 years?” I was weirded out by the specificity and said “Uh yeah” and now I’m back inside drinking and wondering what that was.

Probably some planet X nonsense or whatever.