Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174370 times)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #4620 on: November 26, 2017, 07:24:39 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1389326/
I'm just glad Sarah Silverman got called out for being racist. I have despised ever since her appearances on Late Night with Conan O'Brien in the 90s. And yes, Conan and Andy laughed uproariously at her racist remarks.
Damn, hearing that about Sarah Silverman is news to me, how disappointing. Not surprised that Conan and Andy would laugh at that type of humor, though. They regularly host that bigot Norm MacDonald.
(Image removed from quote.)

That thread also has a Chumley v. Enzom spat.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1387604/
ὕβρις

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #4621 on: November 26, 2017, 07:25:19 AM »
Oh that reminds me of a good one I forgot to post when I saw it.

Era, how did your thanksgiving go with the conservative/liberal sides of your family?

Avoided them, just like last year. It's not worth the pain and frustration.

每天生气

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4622 on: November 26, 2017, 07:25:33 AM »
Wow, I never knew Chumley was racist, I thought he was one of the good guys: https://www.resetera.com/posts/1387657/

nudemacusers

« Reply #4623 on: November 26, 2017, 07:25:54 AM »
Knock it off.
User was warned for excessive use of aggressive font formatting and language.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

« Reply #4624 on: November 26, 2017, 07:26:03 AM »
That Lyle guy has some sort of anime avatar, he's probably one of those alt-right cucks who deserves more than a warning.
I wonder is he’s aware that by drinking, he is participating is a millennia-long cultural tradition that encourages patriarchal attitudes and ownership toward women. Every drink of his zima represents an unwanted proposition, every downed jagerbomb a groped secondary sex characteristic.

I bet he, like the rest of us, doesn't even like the taste of alcohol. He just gets off on propping up the patriarchy. He better pray I never meet him in person, I won't say what I'd do to him but trust me it would be brutal.

benjipwns

« Reply #4625 on: November 26, 2017, 07:27:44 AM »
My family is all liberal and the best part of Thanksgiving is talking shit. So political conversations were about how ignorant Trump supporters are, and jokes about how they probably don't season their food.
oh snap

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4626 on: November 26, 2017, 07:29:30 AM »
Wow, I never knew Chumley was racist, I thought he was one of the good guys: https://www.resetera.com/posts/1387657/

Amazing restraint by Chumley considering of what he really wanted to say in Enzom's mind.
ὕβρις

nudemacusers

« Reply #4627 on: November 26, 2017, 07:30:33 AM »
Oh Lyle while ur here FYI Vianel is having a sitewide 50% sale so you can get a nice iPhone case with the skin of an exotic probably illegally harvested animal for even less.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4628 on: November 26, 2017, 07:31:45 AM »
My family is all liberal and the best part of Thanksgiving is talking shit. So political conversations were about how ignorant Trump supporters are, and jokes about how they probably don't season their food.
oh snap

Well salt is a real killer so joke on you lieberals.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #4629 on: November 26, 2017, 07:32:11 AM »
Quote from: Finale Fireworker
I almost didn’t go. But I was assured my father would not be there. Then he was there anyway. But he came and went and we didn’t really interact so it could have been way worse.

My mother didn’t go so that was a non-issue.

For how much anxiety I had beforehand, it went all right. But I would prefer to not go at all.

shosta

« Reply #4630 on: November 26, 2017, 07:34:20 AM »
Guessing how many ulcers Finale Fireworker has would be a fun betting game.
每天生气

benjipwns

paprikastaude

« Reply #4632 on: November 26, 2017, 07:36:45 AM »
Oh god forbid we don't allow hateful alt-righters to spread their bigotry over there  ::) Please tell me what you ever felt couldn't be discussed on GAFreerra? You're absolutely free to discuss anything, as long as you're a non-drinking a-sexual with the language of a 5 year-old.

benjipwns

« Reply #4633 on: November 26, 2017, 07:38:49 AM »
Please tell me what you ever felt couldn't be discussed on GAFreerra?
The name of Hansel's sister.

nudemacusers

« Reply #4634 on: November 26, 2017, 07:39:43 AM »
Oh god forbid we don't allow hateful alt-righters to spread their bigotry over there  ::) Please tell me what you ever felt couldn't be discussed on GAFreerra? You're absolutely free to discuss anything, as long as you're a non-drinking a-sexual with the language of a 5 year-old.
user was doublepluswarned for excluding sex repulsed individuals and neurodivergent perspectives
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

benjipwns

« Reply #4635 on: November 26, 2017, 07:44:05 AM »
JordanN fighting the good fight for NeoGAF.com against the ResetEra Left:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=253052968&postcount=803
I'm not a person who is comfortable responding to agenda driven posts.

I do the same when it's nintendo fanboys, sony fanboys, MS fanboys, creationists, communists, alt-right, dogmatic people and bullies.

A debate only works when both sides understand you can't win on emotion alone. Otherwise, it's a waste of my time. Maybe everyone should check out what Neogaf's header has to say.

NeoGAF is a nexus of hardcore gamers, enthusiast press, and video game industry developers and publishers. This is a neutral ground where facts and evidence, presented within the confines of civil, inclusive discourse, prevail through careful moderation.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=253055089&postcount=880
People have said GAF was suppose to die for years but here we are in 2017. It's basically like Nintendo at this point. Always going third party.... except when it's not.

I'm fine with another website acting as containment for all the far-leftists and GAF haters to go to.

I'm a centrist who fully believes in diversity, and yet last page I'm still called a nazi who wants to drive over people. If that's the tolerance of the far-left, I don't want to imagine what I would be called on ResetEra.

"I believe government shouldn't redistribute hardworking people's money because money is not a human right..."

"OH MAH GAWD, YOU ARE WORSE THAN DONALD Trump! You literally just let another genocide happen you racist, sexist, nazi monster!!"

User warned: Money is a human right. Stop being a genocidal monster and give up all your paychecks to lazy people who don't work.

shosta

« Reply #4636 on: November 26, 2017, 07:44:51 AM »
Zac Efron isn't hot.
Brad Pitt, David Beckham, and Ryan Gosling are the holy trinity of male sex appeal, it seems.

I don't disagree.
None of those three are hot.

I mean, unless you like basic ass white men.
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #4637 on: November 26, 2017, 07:45:41 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1373254/
I posted earlier in this thread, but things got worse for me. I got into a fight with my fiance's parents last night at a restaurant. The mother got mad at me on my phone and took it away. I'm not a fucking child so I went to the bathroom to calm down before I said something I'd regret. During that time my fiancé got a ear full from her father about how he hates my Facebook cause I post news on politics daily. He's being very pro trump and close to the alt right shit from what I've heard and seen. My fiancé was about to cry and everything about the bad mouthing. What's worse is when I came back they were all apologetic and super nice to me and shit. Fucking two face assholes. Apparently my Facebook is so toxic that it's bothering her as well. All I do is post news updates and make a sentence or two on my opionion, I can't fucking help it when idiotic politicians do stupid shit. I should of known something was up when the father has been cutting deep with jokes about me lately since I came. So now all I can think about is how I try to spread what's going on in the world and I'm hated by everyone for it. I just wanna disappear.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1376278/
You should honestly just call them out directly. Don't just complain here. Force a confrontation and call out your fiancé's father on his shitty views. Start it out on Facebook if you have to by calling out his name as someone who is too much of a coward to actually have the discussion and "appears to be demanding a safe space from non-conservative views".

Otherwise that asshole is going to continue his tactics to treat you and your fiancé like shit. Don't let that asshole do that. And don't hold back. Just fucking call him out until HE'S the one that does something he regrets so that you end up suddenly as the person with leverage.
:what

nudemacusers

« Reply #4638 on: November 26, 2017, 07:48:11 AM »
I mean he isn’t wrong tho. Going to the bathroom so you can give yourself a time-out is soft fuccboi shit. Not sure I would accept rough doggystyle sex from such an individual.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

« Reply #4639 on: November 26, 2017, 07:50:39 AM »
Oh Lyle while ur here FYI Vianel is having a sitewide 50% sale so you can get a nice iPhone case with the skin of an exotic probably illegally harvested animal for even less.

If phone cases weren't for cowards I would be interested.

shosta

« Reply #4640 on: November 26, 2017, 07:51:13 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1373254/
There's something wrong with that guy. This was posted earlier in the thread but is worth reposting. From the "do you know any conservatives" thread:
I know a few but none that I would consider good friends. One is the family landscaper who I basically don't talk to much and who I know literally is afraid of talking politics with me because the last time it happened I fucking destroyed him on his bullshit claim that MLK Jr. was a republican by handing him my laptop, demanding he provide a primary source proving MLK Jr. was a republican, and then giving him shit as he kept fumbling and failing to find any real source. This incident was oddly enough BEFORE the whole trump stuff. I just knew about his shitty politics enough to know he supports Trump. We have still spoken since but not about politics.

The second is a former boss of mine that LITERALLY supported the moment he learned he announced his candidacy (as in BEFORE he heard about the racist comments about Mexicans) and he basically went into this rabbit hole where he would just warp from this weird independent into a full-on Trump Nut. The last time I spoke with him was a few weeks after the election when there was news of Post-Trump-Win Hate-Crime-Violence and I literally drove to his house, banged on his door, showed him on my cellphone a picture of one these violent acts, told him "You fucking voted for this", and then told him that I'm glad he lost his wife years ago and I hope he dies alone for not just voting for Trump but actively defending all of Trump's bigotry. Then I left and never have spoken to him since. The reason that it escalated to that point with him and not with the landscaper is because me and the landscaper had stopped talking politics by 2014 whereas through 2015 and 2016 this former boss of mine was actively defending EVERYTHING. Not even just deflecting but outright DEFENDING everything Trump said and did.

The rest are too insignificant for me to remember.
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #4641 on: November 26, 2017, 07:52:35 AM »
I mean he isn’t wrong tho. Going to the bathroom so you can give yourself a time-out is soft fuccboi shit. Not sure I would accept rough doggystyle sex from such an individual.
"Are you okay? Does it hurt? Am I doing it too hard? Are the razor blades cutting you too deeply? Is the belt cutting off circulation? Should I take out one of the hedgehogs? Let me know will you. I don't want you uncomfortable."

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4642 on: November 26, 2017, 07:56:30 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1382089/

Body shaming.  :maf Also : confused but considering it's HUELEN (or fake HUELEN troll ? Wasn't there something like that?) I guess I shouldn't be.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 08:31:01 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #4643 on: November 26, 2017, 07:57:32 AM »
There's something wrong with that guy. This was posted earlier in the thread but is worth reposting. From the "do you know any conservatives" thread:
I know a few but none that I would consider good friends. One is the family landscaper who I basically don't talk to much and who I know literally is afraid of talking politics with me because the last time it happened I fucking destroyed him on his bullshit claim that MLK Jr. was a republican by handing him my laptop, demanding he provide a primary source proving MLK Jr. was a republican, and then giving him shit as he kept fumbling and failing to find any real source. This incident was oddly enough BEFORE the whole trump stuff. I just knew about his shitty politics enough to know he supports Trump. We have still spoken since but not about politics.

The second is a former boss of mine that LITERALLY supported the moment he learned he announced his candidacy (as in BEFORE he heard about the racist comments about Mexicans) and he basically went into this rabbit hole where he would just warp from this weird independent into a full-on Trump Nut. The last time I spoke with him was a few weeks after the election when there was news of Post-Trump-Win Hate-Crime-Violence and I literally drove to his house, banged on his door, showed him on my cellphone a picture of one these violent acts, told him "You fucking voted for this", and then told him that I'm glad he lost his wife years ago and I hope he dies alone for not just voting for Trump but actively defending all of Trump's bigotry. Then I left and never have spoken to him since. The reason that it escalated to that point with him and not with the landscaper is because me and the landscaper had stopped talking politics by 2014 whereas through 2015 and 2016 this former boss of mine was actively defending EVERYTHING. Not even just deflecting but outright DEFENDING everything Trump said and did.

The rest are too insignificant for me to remember.
He essentially murdered his own wife anyway by voting for Trump so no sympathy. #TheResistance #ImStillWithHer

nudemacusers

« Reply #4644 on: November 26, 2017, 07:57:34 AM »

Bold posting coming fresh off of a warning. Just say what you really mean.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

« Reply #4645 on: November 26, 2017, 07:58:08 AM »

I have never been warned for anything in my entire life. I do not know who that person on reset is.

benjipwns

« Reply #4646 on: November 26, 2017, 08:00:01 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1382089/

Body shaming.  :maf Also : confused but considering it's HUELEN (or fake HUELEN troll ? Wasn't there something like that I guess I shouldn't be.
No stickers, it’s an iMessage app to share gift cards. Useful when spotting for co-worker’s coffee. I do have a LOT of iMessage stickers though, dozens and dozens of apps and packs. Sometimes, the simplest ones are the best, and sometimes I buy a whole pack just for that ONE sticker...

nudemacusers

« Reply #4647 on: November 26, 2017, 08:01:39 AM »

I have never been warned for anything in my entire life. I do not know who that person on reset is.
user was warned for gaslighting
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

shosta

« Reply #4648 on: November 26, 2017, 08:03:59 AM »
Hey nude, what were you even banned on GAF for?
每天生气

nudemacusers

« Reply #4649 on: November 26, 2017, 08:07:04 AM »
Trolling europeans in a pewdiepie thread. 😪
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

« Reply #4650 on: November 26, 2017, 08:07:23 AM »
Hey nude, what were you even banned on GAF for?

He got angry at someone claiming he was a pedophile. Nude responded with "Actually it's ephebophilia."

benjipwns

« Reply #4651 on: November 26, 2017, 08:10:23 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/take-action-and-defend-net-neutrality.7519/
so we’re planning to protest at Verizon retail stores across the country on December 7, one week before the vote and at the peak of the busy Holiday shopping season.
peak holiday shopping is done at Verizon retail stores in the first week of December?

By protesting at Verizon stores, we’re shining light on the corruption and demanding that our local do something about it. Only Congress has the power to stop Verizon's puppet FCC, so at the protests we'll be calling and tweeting at legislators, and in cities where it's possible we'll march from Verizon stores to lawmakers offices.
HOW ELSE CAN I HELP? If you haven't already, there's a bot you can text, that helps you write an email or a fax, free of charge, to your senator, or governor. Text "resist" to "504-09" and it'll ask you some questions, then you're onto writing. Here is an example that we recommend:
Net Neutrality is the cornerstone of innovation, free speech and democracy on the Internet.
Control over the Internet should remain in the hands of the people who use it every day. The ability to share information without impediment is critical to the progression of technology, science, small business, and culture.

Please stand with the public by protecting Net Neutrality once and for all.
Share away! Seriously only takes a few minutes of your time. You can also find this Bot on Facebook Messenger under the name "ResistBot"
What's a state governor or "local" going to do about the FCC?

Do not takes this likely or think you can do nothing.
Okay, I won't.

benjipwns

« Reply #4652 on: November 26, 2017, 08:13:31 AM »
If you want to send Verizon a message they understand, do what I did and switch away from Verizon. I switched to T-Mobile but there's also AT&T and Sprint.
:dead :dead :dead :dead

nudemacusers

« Reply #4653 on: November 26, 2017, 08:13:39 AM »
For clarity, Slave-Chan is a canonically 500 year old agender pansexual bdsm prostitute vampire. While she may be trapped in the body of a 6 year old school girl due to a curse, I assure you she has the maturity of a fully developed adult.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

benjipwns

« Reply #4654 on: November 26, 2017, 08:16:13 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1365618/
Filed a comment with the fcc, emailed ajit pai, called my republican senator (We must focus on republicans who control the FCC, dems are already for it) several times.

Will go protest as well. I shared battle for the net and the protest on my facebook.

Ajit Pai is a traitor to the american people and I will not quietly let him destroy the internet.

Every protest, every call, every manifestation of the clear will of the american against his evil plan will help vilify him for the rest of his miserable natural life.

I do not use the words "evil" or "traitor" lightly.
:badass

benjipwns

« Reply #4655 on: November 26, 2017, 08:18:59 AM »
Can we contact any judges or lawyers in the Supreme Court to try and put pressure on them to block this since he’s clearly going against the public and listening to the money that big telecom gave him?
lawyers@supreme-court.ru

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4656 on: November 26, 2017, 08:35:32 AM »
Can we contact any judges or lawyers in the Supreme Court to try and put pressure on them to block this since he’s clearly going against the public and listening to the money that big telecom gave him?
lawyers@supreme-court.ru

I might have been misled on how US courts work.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4657 on: November 26, 2017, 08:45:31 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1382222/

Questionable? How?
That’s what people on my feed keep saying. Of course there’s nothing wrong with them, but some people are saying they look too much like troll faces and “frogposting” to be kid friendly.

:fbm

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1382734/

Good troll. Oh wait it's excelsiorlef so who knows  :yeshrug

And all the conductor ones are basically capitalist industrialist brainwashing encouraging the user of the stickers to become just a cog in the wheel of "progress"

Bottom says all on board... because the goal of a capitalist industrialist society is that everyone is to perpetuate the system

(...)

"You have caused confusion and delay" Blatant anti-union propaganda (...)

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1389781/

I would never use humour in a case like this, humour causes the real to become unreal, the tangible to become the fantastical, and destabilizes our morality in the face of absolute horror.

I made a joke once, it was terrible. I don't think I could ever repent.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1391750/

I mean let's be real it's no coincidence that trains are being used as the means of indoctrinating children into the machine, the act is right there in the word train...

Slow down Morpheus.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 08:56:50 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4658 on: November 26, 2017, 08:57:26 AM »
For clarity, Slave-Chan is a canonically 500 year old agender pansexual bdsm prostitute vampire. While she may be trapped in the body of a 6 year old school girl due to a curse, I assure you she has the maturity of a fully developed adult.
ど助平

benjipwns

« Reply #4659 on: November 26, 2017, 08:59:11 AM »
I like how this protest is targeting Verizon (retail stores, the employees of which will have to deal with the five people who show up) and people are talking about things like switching to AT&T. Verizon is not one of the three big broadband ISPs. That's Comcast, Charter and AT&T. With Comcast being the only one to own regular broadcasting. AT&T is the world's largest communication company. Verizon isn't even a top ten global telecom company last I knew. Is it just because the chairman used to work for Verizon? The one before worked for the entire industry:
Prior to working at the FCC, Wheeler worked as a venture capitalist and lobbyist for the cable and wireless industry, whom the FCC is now responsible for regulating, and holding positions including President of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) and CEO of the Cellular Telecommunications & Internet Association (CTIA).

As an aside I don't think we're going to reach some of these goals:
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) published a National Broadband Plan in March 2010, after first soliciting public comments from April 2009 through February 2010. The goals of the plan as described on Broadband.gov are:

At least 100 million U.S. homes should have affordable access to actual download speeds of at least 100 megabits per second and actual upload speeds of at least 50 megabits per second by the year 2020.
Every American should have affordable access to robust broadband service, and the means and skills to subscribe if they so choose.
FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski, named the plan "his top priority"
my lawyers will be filing a case with the Alabama Supreme Court over Julius' statement

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4660 on: November 26, 2017, 09:02:28 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1392143/

CNN: GLEE actress Naya Rivera arrested and charged with domestic battery

Never liked Glee anyway tbh, always thought that the actors (or rather their characters) were pretentious.

Yup, glad I dodged this stinker. All my friends would nut themselves over the show and I thought it was trash. Looks like the crew was trash too

:ego
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #4661 on: November 26, 2017, 09:04:36 AM »
Whew, totally dodged that bullet here too. Glad I'll be on the right side of history when it comes to Glee.

benjipwns

« Reply #4662 on: November 26, 2017, 09:05:18 AM »
Wait, I mean left side of history.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4663 on: November 26, 2017, 09:05:30 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1392418/

Really? This person didn't even get a warning for this gif implying rape?

I think we're back in business boys. ERA is terrible. :neogaf
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #4664 on: November 26, 2017, 09:05:47 AM »
WAIT, wouldn't the left be the alt-right side of history?!?

benjipwns

« Reply #4665 on: November 26, 2017, 09:08:58 AM »
Spoiler: TW: Rape gif

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4666 on: November 26, 2017, 09:13:37 AM »
I had to look up "TW"... Trigger Warning  ::)

To be fair that gif wouldn't be broadcasted on network TV, it even could be possibly arrested for indecent clothing so it's a big nono according to new ERA image content rules.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #4667 on: November 26, 2017, 09:17:34 AM »
It was broadcast on basic cable, where does that fit in the rules?

I think Family Guy did a similar joke too. This one is from Drawn Together.

« Reply #4668 on: November 26, 2017, 09:18:29 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/who-else-is-21-and-doesnt-drink.8117/page-4#post-1392505

Getting drunk? Nah don't like it never did, it's awful, but drinking 1 or 2 Beer or a Glass of Whine from time to time? Sure.
If you ask me that whole thread is full of people who enjoy drinking whine a bit too much.

benjipwns

« Reply #4669 on: November 26, 2017, 09:22:05 AM »
Never have. Honestly I'm too scared that I wouldn't be able to handle it. I can have a tendency to get easily addicted to things. So I just full stop stay away.

benjipwns

« Reply #4670 on: November 26, 2017, 09:24:21 AM »
Completely and happily straight edge and always have been ^^
:hhh

benjipwns

« Reply #4671 on: November 26, 2017, 09:29:50 AM »
Palmer Luckey is straight edge :gddr5

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_who_follow_a_straight_edge_lifestyle#List_of_drug_abstainers_who_do_not_identify_with_straight_edge
This is a list of notable people who refrain from using any kind of drugs but who have not identified themselves with the straight edge subculture or term.
So are they accusing anyone not on this list of being either a drug user and/or not notable?

Good to know Jay Leno isn't a big druggie. I once watched a segment of Headlines.

benjipwns

« Reply #4672 on: November 26, 2017, 09:40:58 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1392143/

CNN: GLEE actress Naya Rivera arrested and charged with domestic battery

Never liked Glee anyway tbh, always thought that the actors (or rather their characters) were pretentious.

Yup, glad I dodged this stinker. All my friends would nut themselves over the show and I thought it was trash. Looks like the crew was trash too

:ego
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1392830/
So much stupid anger I see here in people.
So much for "enlightened" community.

And, no, I am not talking at issue at hand, but about over the top reaction, like "this show was trash, all people who were involved were trash too, because, someone involved did something wrong". I've seen such ridiculous reaction quite a few times here.

Do you really think you will receive more cookies by throwing blanket accusations?
Well, knowing this people, they probably believe this. So, it was more or less, rhetorical question.
People will take any chance to feel emotionally morally superior in a situation that is blatantly black and white/cut and dry .. because they'd be "technically right" so their emotional outrage is 'justified', see what I'm saying? Angsty teens often have these reactions.

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #4673 on: November 26, 2017, 09:49:49 AM »
Burn the heretics!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4674 on: November 26, 2017, 10:10:53 AM »
Eh, I'm straight edge too.
:idont

Although the not drinking part is for health reasons and not by choice, so fuck all those pussies in that thread.  :doge
ど助平

Rman

« Reply #4675 on: November 26, 2017, 10:13:11 AM »
I'm actually liking ERA a lot.  It seems mods have been very strict on shitposting, which was rampant on NeoGAF.  Yes, they're not going to catch everyone and yes ERA also some GAF baggage, but I'm pleased so far.  Seems the sarcastic shitposters from GAF are being put on notice. Again, no board is perfect, but it scratches the itch that GAF did without all the GAF awfulness.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4676 on: November 26, 2017, 10:16:44 AM »
Warning: Drive-by belittling of normal personal choices. User was banned for conduct in another thread.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1393063/

Look at that disgusting anglist rhetoric in that gif too. :hhh
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #4677 on: November 26, 2017, 10:23:10 AM »
Mmkay. So if you don't drink to reduce your inhibitions, what do you drink for?

The person I responded to asked for good reasons people do it, and all the others are frankly kind of shit.

If you need alcohol to be able to get up and dance or talk to someone you're attracted to, as people have said as much in this thread, that's a pretty good reason. If you just drink because of peer pressure or chemical addiction, those are certainly reasons, but they aren't especially good ones.
:snob

benjipwns

« Reply #4678 on: November 26, 2017, 10:25:53 AM »
I don't do it because I don't like the taste and I was annoying as fuck the one time I got a little buzzed.
:hitler

I've been 21 since April and still have no idea what alcohol tastes like.
:badass

benjipwns

« Reply #4679 on: November 26, 2017, 10:30:50 AM »
this dude is celebrating rape and saying it's even better if you don't know it's coming wtf kind of sick site is this ERA and we have posters from there on here?!? Do the mods know?!?!?!?
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1393552/