Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174588 times)

nudemacusers

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #4680 on: November 26, 2017, 10:37:23 AM »
Eh, I'm straight edge too.
:idont

Although the not drinking part is for health reasons and not by choice, so fuck all those pussies in that thread.  :doge
Nothing shameful about caring for one’s health  :obama

lol jk pussy fakkit :ufup  :supergay :heyman
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #4681 on: November 26, 2017, 10:41:11 AM »
More evidence that Comey deserved to be fired - but got fired for entirely wrong reasons.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1392363/

Guess everybody won in the end !

Edit :

Shitposting, repeated offense

itt comey experts who have an encyclopedic knowledge of him

:lol

However the following is not "shitposting"

There is/was(?) a pro Trump wing in the FBI that could care less about having people they disliked hacked so no surprise here.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 10:53:53 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4682 on: November 26, 2017, 10:48:43 AM »

Although the not drinking part is for health reasons and not by choice, so fuck all those pussies in that thread.  :doge

LOL OWNED

benjipwns

« Reply #4683 on: November 26, 2017, 10:52:39 AM »
[Comey]'s a lawful good type.
Come for the gaming breaking news, exclusive insider leaks and straight talk with gaming industry figures; stay for the hard hitting and detailed political analysis.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4684 on: November 26, 2017, 11:03:11 AM »

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4685 on: November 26, 2017, 11:05:29 AM »
I'm actually liking ERA a lot.  It seems mods have been very strict on shitposting, which was rampant on NeoGAF.  Yes, they're not going to catch everyone and yes ERA also some GAF baggage, but I'm pleased so far.  Seems the sarcastic shitposters from GAF are being put on notice. Again, no board is perfect, but it scratches the itch that GAF did without all the GAF awfulness.

The moderation has been slowly getting worse and is already back to 2016-2017 levels of crap in some cases. 
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #4686 on: November 26, 2017, 11:05:51 AM »
this dude is celebrating rape and saying it's even better if you don't know it's coming wtf kind of sick site is this ERA and we have posters from there on here?!? Do the mods know?!?!?!?
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1393552/

That excelsiorlef post below it is something else. It honestly makes me think she is actually a troll account.

Even this is disturbing, the national anthem of the machine plays and look at how these colourful individuals move in and sway almost in a machine like pattern, as time goes on they all seem to sort of hook up, synchronize and the dance itself basically becomes metaphor for the machine... all individuality gets lost, all the colour, becomes demphasized as the movements become similar as individuality blends into sameness... they cease to be ones but are instead a whole... goes to show the usefulness of having a national anthem as part of the authoritarian structure.

There is an embedded video she is responding to called “cyberpunk goths Dance to Thomas the tank”

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4687 on: November 26, 2017, 11:06:27 AM »
I'm actually liking ERA a lot.  It seems mods have been very strict on shitposting, which was rampant on NeoGAF.  Yes, they're not going to catch everyone and yes ERA also some GAF baggage, but I'm pleased so far.  Seems the sarcastic shitposters from GAF are being put on notice. Again, no board is perfect, but it scratches the itch that GAF did without all the GAF awfulness.

In fairness I can only be biased to ERA and I always thought GAF issues were largely "systemic" anyway but the constant warnings (and attached discourse pointers) are suffocating. Thing is turning into a non Euclidean mesh of impossible safe spaces.
ὕβρις

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4688 on: November 26, 2017, 11:11:10 AM »

In fairness I can only be biased to ERA and I always thought GAF issues were largely "systemic" anyway but the constant warnings (and attached discourse pointers) are suffocating.

Yes, but better to have warnings than outright bans.  However I keep seeing too many stupid examples of warnings and/or bans being posted here that are legit head-scratchers.  It can't be all of the moderators there doing it and it's just a few who really should be removed as mods based on their reactions.  There's seriously something wrong with people being warned or banned for just having a different opinion than yours.  And yeah, people making stupid little jokes or "drive by posts" are dumb most of the time, but it is also harmless. 

Warn/ban users for going against the TOS/shitting up threads with actual nonsense/flamebait-trolling and nothing else.  It cannot be said enough.  If you don't like what someone says and try to effectively censor them by telling them not to post or you'll stop them from doing so, you shouldn't be moderating.
ど助平

Borgnine

« Reply #4689 on: November 26, 2017, 11:12:51 AM »

It's fucking boooorrrrrrrrrring

Rman

« Reply #4690 on: November 26, 2017, 11:40:29 AM »

It's fucking boooorrrrrrrrrring
It's boring in the same regard GAF became boring, at least in the OT, heavy handed moderation, lack of shittalk and fun, and so on. That's the GAF baggage I was talking about.  But as a place for gaming news, it scratches the primary GAF itch. 

But yes, people are too sensitive for the locker room (not Trump locker room!) talk of old school GAF.  Those days are over.  Even the formerly banned GAF personalities on ERA are rather neutered and tame. 

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #4691 on: November 26, 2017, 11:50:18 AM »
this dude is celebrating rape and saying it's even better if you don't know it's coming wtf kind of sick site is this ERA and we have posters from there on here?!? Do the mods know?!?!?!?

That excelsiorlef post below it is something else. It honestly makes me think she is actually a troll account.

Even this is disturbing, the national anthem of the machine plays and look at how these colourful individuals move in and sway almost in a machine like pattern, as time goes on they all seem to sort of hook up, synchronize and the dance itself basically becomes metaphor for the machine... all individuality gets lost, all the colour, becomes demphasized as the movements become similar as individuality blends into sameness... they cease to be ones but are instead a whole... goes to show the usefulness of having a national anthem as part of the authoritarian structure.

There is an embedded video she is responding to called “cyberpunk goths Dance to Thomas the tank”

You're not serious are you?
rub

benjipwns

« Reply #4692 on: November 26, 2017, 12:00:48 PM »

LOL OWNED

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #4693 on: November 26, 2017, 12:27:56 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1382089/
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1382258/

Huelen is walking, talking evidence that, yes — some kids do need to get hit.

Jansen

« Reply #4694 on: November 26, 2017, 12:49:34 PM »
Put links in your posts you fucking distinguished mentally-challenged motherfucker

Jansen

« Reply #4695 on: November 26, 2017, 12:57:24 PM »
lolipantsu got name changed to captainunderpants

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1384251/

Beezy

« Reply #4696 on: November 26, 2017, 01:12:39 PM »
Does resetera have a Gundam Versus thread?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4697 on: November 26, 2017, 01:24:13 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1397216

:drudge STOP THE PRESSES : BAD ARTICLE IN THE LONG HISTORY OF BAD ARTICLES IN OTHERWISE DECENT NEWSPAPER :drudge

the fuck is up with The New York Times lately?

First that horribleThomas Friedman article, now this. What is going on with the New York Times?

nyt is a rag

Fuck the New York Times. They are complicit in spreading Nazism. There should be no humanizing these monsters.

This reminded me that I need to cancel my digital subscription to these guys. Just checked and the only way to do so is to call them. Good lord.

I'm also trying to, and it looks like there's no phone number for my country so I sent them an email instead.

Seems like I have a little over a week left till the next renewal so they better be fast.

*insert cat in a suit at a table macro "I should subscribe to a newspaper"*

Washington Post and The Atlantic remain bae

Glad I give my money to the Bezos/Amazon Washington Post instead of nyt. After trump was elected I said I need to support journalism, but after how the nyt treated Hillary I wasn’t going to them. That decision looks better every day.

I live in Ohio.

If I drove up there and beat the shit out of this Nazi (I considered it) I'd be called intolerant.

In 1950, I'd be called American.

Also, UNSUBSCRIBE from NYT. WaPo and New Yorker are better.

:salute :badass

It’s been a rough fucking week for awful NYT profiles. It’s crazy how much they’ve been getting their asses kicked by the Washington Post in terms of providing quality journalism for the Trump era.

Well there's still the WaPo and Bezos...  :uguu
Unless...

Can we also blame Washington Post for not just saying Nazi but White Nationalist instead.

:noooo
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4698 on: November 26, 2017, 01:36:31 PM »
But srsly, NYT still has the upper hand on the WaPo in physical sales. They need better moneyhats to strenghten exclusives and their first party reporting and they'll turn the tide for sure next administration.

This is 4 the readers
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 03:42:22 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

kingv

« Reply #4699 on: November 26, 2017, 01:42:52 PM »

You're not serious are you?

It crossed my mind that maybe she is being sarcastic, but honestly I can’t tell.

.... and that’s kind of the insidious ness of GAF/ERA. People have such dumb opinions that you start to bel Be that they could believe anything.

Excelsiorlef also think Ghostbusters 2016 is the best ghostbusters movie. She probably also thinks it’s better than the cartoon. Is it really a jump to go from that insanity to also saying that she is also serious about how she thinks Thomas the Train is creepy?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 01:50:55 PM by kingv »

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #4700 on: November 26, 2017, 01:54:10 PM »
I barely browse Reset except for the rap and b/s/t threads, but the latter has some of my favorite petty dust-ups on the internet. People itt get so aggravated by posts with shitty formatting and jump on them to point it out, but no one really ever even bothers to ever fix it :lol In a few months I think I'm gonna drop a mid-aughts-ebay-listing-esque post with a bunch of Blingee gifs listing the 100~ unredeemed Humble codes I have, which they also fucking hate

Risible

« Reply #4701 on: November 26, 2017, 02:13:06 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1382089/
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1382258/

Huelen is walking, talking evidence that, yes — some kids do need to get hit.

I was only banned once on GAF, and it was when I finally snapped and posted something along the lines of "Can we please get rid of joke/obvious troll posters like Huelen", which earned me a backseat modding 30 day timeout.  If that dude is real, well... 
:kobeyuck

counterhit

« Reply #4702 on: November 26, 2017, 02:41:18 PM »

:hitler

FStop7

« Reply #4704 on: November 26, 2017, 03:00:13 PM »

Amazing. They just had a 10+ page thread labeling it problematic and racist. Now that's all imagined.

Is it “gaslighting?”  That’s the word they’re always posting to describe similar things.  Make a statement and when someone refutes it they deny having made the statement in the first place.  Then they browbeat, insult, and provoke people who disagree until they shut up.  If someone loses their temper and claps back then they run screaming to the mommyators.

It’s indoctrination 101.  How to build your own little cult/echo chamber.  That sure did work out well for GAF.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 03:06:38 PM by FStop7 »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4705 on: November 26, 2017, 03:01:55 PM »
And yeah, people making stupid little jokes or "drive by posts" are dumb most of the time, but it is also harmless. 

It's so fucking ironic that mods are warning against this shit and how it derails the thread and then they have this warning like

:drudge USER WAS WARNED: DON'T DERAIL THE THREAD :drudge

a small little shitpost u can easily ignore, but a warning like that with red text shit?

era mods are embarrassing

And if people did in fact just ignore those kind of shitposts...they'd stop. No action needed.

Excelsiorlef also think Ghostbusters 2016 is the best ghostbusters movie.
:drudge :trigger :trigger :trigger :trigger :drudge
ど助平

nudemacusers

« Reply #4706 on: November 26, 2017, 03:15:54 PM »
Well it is the second best one :hitler

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1401171/

:leon
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #4708 on: November 26, 2017, 03:18:03 PM »
Nah even GB2 is like citizen kane compared to that POS.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4709 on: November 26, 2017, 03:35:03 PM »

LEPER THIS FILTH

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=253050706

:iface

WOW.  Do they have no moderators left anymore?  :lol

Someone made a thread on another one his posts in gaming: http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1458529
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4710 on: November 26, 2017, 03:41:30 PM »
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1458460
Quote from: LordRaptor;253060414
The switch has a more modern GPU and supports more graphical features than the Xbox One.
:what
ど助平

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #4711 on: November 26, 2017, 03:43:03 PM »
What's with all the digital blackface on this site? It's making me uncomfortable. :'(

nudemacusers

« Reply #4712 on: November 26, 2017, 03:46:02 PM »

LEPER THIS FILTH

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=253050706

:iface

WOW.  Do they have no moderators left anymore?  :lol

Someone made a thread on another one his posts in gaming: http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1458529
Well resetera did let lolipantsu slip by :trumps

Nobody’s perfect, bad hombres on both sites :trumps

And lol at the dudes asking for the mods... there is 1, and he’s probably on a coke bender right now.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Jansen

« Reply #4713 on: November 26, 2017, 03:56:26 PM »
Why are there so many era Stan's on thebore ???

Couple of y'all seem ready to deep throat cerium

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4714 on: November 26, 2017, 04:02:23 PM »
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1458460
Quote from: LordRaptor;253060414
The switch has a more modern GPU and supports more graphical features than the Xbox One.
:what
Alternative take:

AMD sucks at making chips with their rope and stick budgets  :doge
🤴

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #4715 on: November 26, 2017, 04:19:56 PM »
There isn't one laugh in GB2.

Okay. the funny little foreign guy is funny the first time you see him, but even he becomes a one trick pony.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4716 on: November 26, 2017, 04:34:20 PM »

Okay. the funny little foreign guy is funny the first time you see him, but even he becomes a one trick pony.

GB2 featured Nintendo product placement, so it's okay in my book.  :miyamoto
©@©™

FStop7

« Reply #4717 on: November 26, 2017, 04:43:08 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1388931/

:jared I would like to point put here that Makoto is 17 at the start of the game and turns 18 two weeks into the game, about 2 months before she puts on this outfit for the first time. For all intents and purposes, this figure depicts an adult woman and not a minor. :jared

nudemacusers

« Reply #4718 on: November 26, 2017, 04:45:29 PM »
Breaking news: the wizard is joe Molotov’s favorite film!
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

etiolate

« Reply #4719 on: November 26, 2017, 04:58:51 PM »
When you beat the game, she's legal.

Who says devs ignore their fans?

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4720 on: November 26, 2017, 05:09:40 PM »
Breaking news: the wizard is joe Molotov’s favorite film!

I'd probably give the edge to Super Mario Bros because of Bob Hoskins'(pbuh) Oscar-worthy performance, but it's close.
©@©™

etiolate

« Reply #4721 on: November 26, 2017, 05:34:36 PM »

Amazing. They just had a 10+ page thread labeling it problematic and racist. Now that's all imagined.

Is it “gaslighting?”  That’s the word they’re always posting to describe similar things.  Make a statement and when someone refutes it they deny having made the statement in the first place.  Then they browbeat, insult, and provoke people who disagree until they shut up.  If someone loses their temper and claps back then they run screaming to the mommyators.

It’s indoctrination 101.  How to build your own little cult/echo chamber.  That sure did work out well for GAF.

Gaslighting would infer intent to make others question their sanity or look lacking in sanity. I think what GAF/reset does is just live in a cozy wave of conditioned thinking. They are too oblivious to their own behavior to manage any sort of trickery. All their energy is spent on trickery played upon themselves.

FStop7

« Reply #4722 on: November 26, 2017, 05:35:25 PM »
LOL, she turns 18 during the game.. that is so cliche.

I really respect the 2 paragraphs of justification punctuated with aloofness as to why his underage fap doll is perfectly acceptible.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #4723 on: November 26, 2017, 06:31:01 PM »

Sorry, brah. Figurine collecting is not straight edge. It’s mentioned in the extended 52 second version of the song. You may as well be shooting PCP into your anus.
serge

kingv

« Reply #4724 on: November 26, 2017, 07:19:27 PM »

I like the Titanic joke from Cheech.

The part where wagon is talking about  inspecting Dana gynecologically and Peter says “don’t we all”.

The part where They insinuate thst egon fucked the slime.

It’s not as funny as the first, but it has some decent jokes.

GB16, I basically only really liked the very beginning. And mostly for nostalgic reasons.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #4725 on: November 26, 2017, 07:22:42 PM »
Only good thing about the entire GB franchise...

serge

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4727 on: November 26, 2017, 07:51:40 PM »
I think we now have enough evidence to suspect McDonald's sauces provoke autism

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1402743/
ὕβρις

paprikastaude

« Reply #4728 on: November 26, 2017, 08:02:05 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/leak-massive-devil-may-cry-5-info-potential-heavy-spoilers-inside.8198/

I like how they act like betting your reera account is some kind of high stakes.  :doge

Beezy

« Reply #4729 on: November 26, 2017, 08:02:31 PM »
Please respond so that I can go back to ignoring this thread forever.

MangoMadness

« Reply #4730 on: November 26, 2017, 08:09:43 PM »
Please respond so that I can go back to ignoring this thread forever.

i got you senpai.  no need to thank; it was my pleasure.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4731 on: November 26, 2017, 08:17:41 PM »
Wow another big catch insider for Era !

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1346349/
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

Jansen

« Reply #4733 on: November 26, 2017, 08:27:47 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1402870/

Quote from: hibikase,
Those fast food pretend sriracha sauces are always so weak lol. Like, the epitome of the expression "white people spicy".

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #4737 on: November 26, 2017, 09:09:07 PM »
Wow another big catch insider for Era !

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1346349/

Haha, how are they doing otherwise on that front.  I have to assume Restera will have the same prestige as later year NeoGAF did.
sigh

Pepinappe

• Ass
« Reply #4738 on: November 26, 2017, 09:31:46 PM »
Someone should reply "Real talk m0dus, your themes suck, you have no talent at it, just stop" in that m0dus thread