Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2194058 times)

curly

• cultural maoist
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #16740 on: February 17, 2018, 03:49:40 PM »
That leftist youtube thread seems to have turned into the Jordan Peterson OT https://www.resetera.com/threads/leftist-youtube-ot-we-virtue-signal.6093/page-33

what the fuck is this

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #16741 on: February 17, 2018, 03:57:16 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4652092/

:reeeee Seize the Minnies of Reproduction

Greatly annoys me that there is still a small amount of conservatism showing.
I got 88% "Progressism" (versus 81%) and the same 5% Conservatism as them. :smug

edit: actually, nobody in the thread has a higher "Progressism" score :teehee
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 04:01:45 PM by benjipwns »

El Babua

« Reply #16742 on: February 17, 2018, 04:02:52 PM »
That leftist youtube thread seems to have turned into the Jordan Peterson OT https://www.resetera.com/threads/leftist-youtube-ot-we-virtue-signal.6093/page-33

what the fuck is this

He's just passionate about his beliefs man.  :smug

benjipwns

« Reply #16743 on: February 17, 2018, 04:04:19 PM »

what the fuck is this
some kinky bdsm game going on below the camera frame obviously, way to be intolerant towards minority non-mainstream cultures you alt-right gamergate shitlord

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #16744 on: February 17, 2018, 04:05:12 PM »
Early word on the new Chris Rock special is that its set to trigger Reeeeeeee

About to watch and see.

I saw Ricky Gervais a few weeks ago, and he signed a deal for a Netflix special. I believe it was actually filmed a few weeks before I saw him. It will -definitely- set of the usuals. Maybe justifiably, because his trans material is even more dated and basic than Chappelle’s.

That's cuz all of his material is dated and basic. Shame on you for giving this unfunny clod money. Easily the most disgusted I've ever been with anything you've ever posted.

etiolate

« Reply #16745 on: February 17, 2018, 04:08:50 PM »
That looks like one of his Q&A videos, but doesn't resemble any on his channel.

benjipwns

« Reply #16746 on: February 17, 2018, 04:15:11 PM »

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #16747 on: February 17, 2018, 04:36:31 PM »
I briefly viewed the Chris Rock thread's first page, and it's largely people complaining about the topics. Little to no convo about the comedy, it's almost likely people sped through and jotted down what controversial shit Chris Rock had to say. That's how you consume comedy? Kill yourself.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #16748 on: February 17, 2018, 04:47:22 PM »
What are y'all favourite comedians besides Chapelle? I'm drawing a blank for names of comedians whose standup material I actually enjoy. Patton Oswalt and Louie CK are the only names that really come to mind as having near flawless sets, with no joke that seems weak compared to others.

That Chapelle set was fucking flawless though. I had to watch equanimity and bird rev twice they were so on-point.

etiolate

« Reply #16749 on: February 17, 2018, 04:51:17 PM »
I would say Rock's set had some parts that flowed better than others. Like the freshman orientation into Trump worked well. I did find it interesting that all the women in the front row got uncomfortable when he started saying that you need bullies.

The special didn't slay me but got some smirks.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #16750 on: February 17, 2018, 04:53:07 PM »
You guys are lucky your country has tons of great comedians and Australia only has one:

etiolate

« Reply #16751 on: February 17, 2018, 04:56:43 PM »
Technological progress must not to change society too quickly.

Did Slayven write this test?

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #16752 on: February 17, 2018, 04:57:08 PM »
You guys are lucky your country has tons of great comedians and Australia only has one:

Australia is the joke.

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #16753 on: February 17, 2018, 05:00:38 PM »

that thread is so very, very sad

it's basically "why are they so popular? we're cool too. Hey lets copy their format and show them!"  *nobody watches*

Is it maybe because the modern American "left" are completely humorless, pretentious and preachy with a no fun allowed mentality that no one wants to witness especially in video form?

Boredfrom

« Reply #16754 on: February 17, 2018, 05:07:35 PM »
Both groups of people from your political spectrums are humorless assholes.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #16755 on: February 17, 2018, 05:10:04 PM »
Lol name a single funny right wing stand-up comedian

etiolate

« Reply #16756 on: February 17, 2018, 05:11:22 PM »
nah the kek folks are funny

and the left is prime for mockery

Late Night shows right now be  :thinking :derp

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #16757 on: February 17, 2018, 05:13:08 PM »
i have no idea what 'kek folk' means, speak english you fuckin ninny

BisMarckie

« Reply #16758 on: February 17, 2018, 05:13:15 PM »

Trump?

A US President never made me laugh as much as that guy.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #16759 on: February 17, 2018, 05:14:09 PM »

Stephen Colbert from The Colbert Report?

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #16760 on: February 17, 2018, 05:14:36 PM »
nah the kek folks are funny

and the left is prime for mockery

Late Night shows right now be  :thinking :derp

The shit they did to Shia Le Beef should be made into a fucking movie :lol

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #16761 on: February 17, 2018, 05:21:32 PM »

Stephen Colbert from The Colbert Report?

... :confused

paprikastaude

« Reply #16762 on: February 17, 2018, 05:21:58 PM »

Trump?

A US President never made me laugh as much as that guy.

Before his presidency, but...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/262976896512442368

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #16764 on: February 17, 2018, 05:38:12 PM »
Nick DiPaolo comes to mind immediately. Most of the funniest comedians are middle of the road types anyway, other than Carlin who was one of the few hard left comedians that were actually funny.

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #16765 on: February 17, 2018, 05:39:22 PM »
Both groups of people from your political spectrums are humorless assholes.

It depends, since we're talking about that thread are we going by the resetera definition of alt-right, because according them fucking PewDiePie is alt-right, or are we going by sane people definition that acknowledges that the majority of youtubers just laughs at both sides and treats them as jokes?

« Reply #16766 on: February 17, 2018, 05:43:12 PM »

Seinfeld & Chappelle.

dont argue with me if you think they arent right wing, go convince resetera.

Hell I'll throw you a bone, you only have to convince Reset they arent actually nazi kkk members

« Reply #16767 on: February 17, 2018, 05:47:44 PM »
Has no one mentioned that Gamergate icon Brad Glasgow is now on Era?

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4613725/

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #16768 on: February 17, 2018, 05:49:05 PM »
Does Norm McDonald still do stand-up? I dont know his politics but I know he rustles jimmies

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #16769 on: February 17, 2018, 05:50:26 PM »

no one gives a shit about gamergate, and i swear if you guys talk about this garbage for pages again, i'll spam this thread with shia la beef's fursona

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #16770 on: February 17, 2018, 05:53:29 PM »
Does Norm McDonald still do stand-up? I dont know his politics but I know he rustles jimmies

Yeah he does and yeah he does

Boredfrom

« Reply #16771 on: February 17, 2018, 05:53:44 PM »

I saw that post, but Im surprised it got not attention from the usual suspects. They probably want to buy the whole Wu stuff rather than give it more attention.

etiolate

« Reply #16772 on: February 17, 2018, 05:57:22 PM »

Yes, he does. He's more conservative leaning than most, but probably just in the center of political spheres. He avoids putting politics into his comedy because he finds it preachy. He's more into the crafting of the joke than making any huge statement.

Though this probably makes him evil alt-righter now:

https://twitter.com/normmacdonald/status/964024730423455744

Boredfrom

« Reply #16773 on: February 17, 2018, 05:57:26 PM »

no one gives a shit about gamergate, and i swear if you guys talk about this garbage for pages again, i'll spam this thread with shia la beef's fursona

How else we can discuss deep stuff like this

https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-you-pee-in-the-shower.24057/

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #16774 on: February 17, 2018, 06:01:59 PM »
Norm Macdonald is fucking hilarious in ways I cant explain, I dont know why he makes me laugh, when I look at his material from a detached view I'm not sure it's even funny, but when I'm watching his stuff I die laughing

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #16775 on: February 17, 2018, 06:16:18 PM »
"I had one client years ago. He was no joke, man. Totally lost. Absolutely broken. And I mean broken. He was jerking off punks under the bridge for five bucks a man. Holocaust denier, too."
每天生气

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #16776 on: February 17, 2018, 06:22:02 PM »

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #16777 on: February 17, 2018, 06:24:01 PM »

etiolate

« Reply #16778 on: February 17, 2018, 06:24:48 PM »
"At first, these soldiers had to pull the prisoners out of the camp, knowing they'd be killed. And the labor wasn't the point of the labor camps. Not at all. They would have the prisoners haul sacks of rocks from one part of the camp to the other. And those that didn't, well, they made them strip naked and sleep outside in the snow. At first, these guards were burying the bodies. Inch by inch, man, they'd go along with it. The next week they were shooting the prisoners. By the end, they were torturing the prisoners. They lost their humanity bit by bit. I mean, these guys were real jerks."

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #16779 on: February 17, 2018, 06:43:38 PM »
What are y'all favourite comedians besides Chapelle?

Jim Jefferies

jorma

« Reply #16780 on: February 17, 2018, 06:46:31 PM »
i have no idea what 'kek folk' means, speak english you fuckin ninny

What's up with all these angry outbursts all the time?
I think you need to get laid man.

etiolate

« Reply #16782 on: February 17, 2018, 06:49:52 PM »
One of my fav Norm jokes was his Crocodile Hunter rant on the Daily Show a week after the guy died. Unfortunately, comedy central keeps it off of YT.

benjipwns

« Reply #16783 on: February 17, 2018, 06:51:03 PM »
Though this probably makes him evil alt-righter now:

https://twitter.com/normmacdonald/status/964024730423455744
He was a new wave neo-Nazi long before that tweet:
Do you find any Trump satire funny?
Personally, with comedy, I think if it doesn’t make you laugh 100 years from now, what good is it? Have you listened to a Mort Sahl album lately? The Eisenhower stuff is a little weak.

So it’s not working for SNL?
It’s good for them, because Saturday Night Live is at its best when it’s political. You’d think they’ll have to find another approach to Trump eventually. I can’t see making jokes with that fever behind them for so long before the whole thing collapses into itself. But, you know, I don’t want to watch things about Trump in real life, so I definitely don’t want to watch it in comedy. If I see that stuff, I change to ESPN. I can’t take Morning Joe anymore. I can’t take wall-to-wall Trump. I see his picture all the time almost like how’d you’d see Mao’s picture all the time in China. Not in a fascist way, which is how it seems like Trump’s being portrayed. I don’t think that’s the kind of person he is.

What kind of person do you think he is?
You know, people say stuff like, “You gotta wake up. Trump and his boys are trying to take over. There’s a coup going on.” That’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. I don’t know much, but I know coups are not undertaken by the president of the United States. If anything, it looks like a coup going on the other way. They’re talking about impeaching a guy before any investigation has even begun.

You think he’s being treated unfairly?
Remember how people would get really mad if someone referred to President Obama as just Obama and not President Obama? “You’re talking about President Obama.” Now Trump’s critics never call him President Trump. It’s just “Trump’s over there, pretending to be president again.” The whole thing is crazy. But I think what they’re doing on Saturday Night Live is smart, especially when they go after the side characters like Spicer.

There’s probably some element of cynicism there too. SNL’s Trump stuff has done so well for them.
I don’t know, I’ll spend my time on YouTube watching William F. Buckley talking to some super intellectual on Firing Line. The funny thing is that the subjects are exactly the same. They were talking about immigration back then, too.

The subjects stayed the same, the caliber of public conversation didn’t.
Instead of dumb guys, have super-smart guys that like each other talking about stuff. Maybe someone should give that a try again.
I understand that people’s politics shift, but I’ll see a Dennis Miller line about climate change and think, Do you really not believe that issue is a problem? Or do you feel obligated to take this position because of who butters your bread? I don’t mean that disparagingly. I’m legitimately curious to know where his politics end and his act begins.
So you think he just says this stuff as a money-making thing? I think some people are cynical like that, but I know Dennis and I don’t think that happened with him. He was pretty liberal and then 9/11 just blew his mind. It knocked him out and changed everything for him. That’s what it is.

It feels like he became sort of an ideologue.
I think he really believes what he believes. But he’s still funny. So when people go, “What happened to Dennis? He’s not funny anymore” — no, he’s still funny. If you listen to his jokes, they’re the same, it’s just that the premises are different. He still does the thing where he picks some guy from Petticoat Junction and throws him in a joke. I think the cynicism you’re talking about does happen on the right a lot more than it does on the left. When I watch Rush Limbaugh, Bill O’Reilly, Tucker Carlson — there’s extreme entertainment value in what they’re doing. Tucker Carlson is practically laughing the whole time he’s on camera.

With disdain.
A mocking laughter. Oh, those crazy old liberals. But the liberals aren’t laughing. They’re going, Oh, those evil Republicans and saying it with real venom. It’s hard to get people on your side when you’re that guy. On an entertainment level, the Republicans may be winning just because it’s more fun to listen to them.
Are you following the Kathy Griffin stuff at all?
What she did was grotesque. Disgusting. It shows how isolated everyone is. I was golfing last week and I told the guy I was golfing with, “It’s getting pretty crazy. I heard someone say they’re trying to ‘humanize’ Trump. Well, he is human.” And this guy goes, “Well, barely.” Jesus Christ. But Kathy Griffin went about as far as you can go. It’s like she had no sense of the history of that kind of image.
Some of your peers — I’m thinking of Jerry Seinfeld and Chris Rock — have said they don’t want to play college campuses because those environments are oversensitive. But isn’t it also progress for people to call out what might actually be offensive material as offensive?
You want to be on the right side of history with these issues; you don’t want to look like an idiot. But comics always think they’re right. They never consider, “Oh, maybe I’m wrong about this social issue.” The stuff that’s happening on college campuses, though, like, this “resistance” stuff — I don’t even like protests. It’s all too much for me.

What’s wrong with protests?
I don’t like groups of people. If I’m walking down the street, I think it’s freaky to see a group. And if I saw a group of people that was obviously all thinking alike? Oh god, that’d scare the fuck out of me. I’d just be like, what does that sign they’re all carrying say? I better agree with it or I might be in trouble. And what’s going on in colleges, with not giving free speech to morons, is ridiculous. It’s insulting to everyone in the country to think people can’t handle hearing some distinguished mentally-challenged fellow. I can listen to any distinguished mentally-challenged fellow I want. Like, I enjoy listening to Louis Farrakhan. He’s just funny to me. Or Charles Manson. I like listening to crazy people.

Ah, okay. So like, “call Charles Manson crazy, but the man could write a song?”
With Manson, his biggest flaw was probably his bloodlust for slaughtering people.

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #16784 on: February 17, 2018, 06:51:47 PM »
one day waypoint is going to sniff one of their own farts so hard that they choke and die
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

benjipwns

« Reply #16785 on: February 17, 2018, 06:54:28 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/waypoint-we-havent-covered-kingdom-come-deliverance-lets-talk-about-why.24062/

Goddamn waypoint sucks
wow, thread actually got it in one, hadn't yet seen that on resetera:
So they're talking about it while not talking about it? Were they hoping more people would notice their lack of talking about this game or something?

benjipwns

« Reply #16786 on: February 17, 2018, 06:55:49 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4657965/
So what’s the controversy? I never heard about it.
USER WAS WARNED FOR: JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, SO TIRED... WHAT YOU REALLY MEAN WITH THIS POST IS OBVIOUS, DON'T MAKE OTHERS DEFEND THEIR HUMANITY

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #16787 on: February 17, 2018, 06:58:40 PM »
I love how they copypasta the same disclaimer at the beginning of any thread about the game :lol

etiolate

« Reply #16788 on: February 17, 2018, 06:59:44 PM »
What’s wrong with protests?

I don’t like groups of people. If I’m walking down the street, I think it’s freaky to see a group. And if I saw a group of people that was obviously all thinking alike? Oh god, that’d scare the fuck out of me. I’d just be like, what does that sign they’re all carrying say? I better agree with it or I might be in trouble. And what’s going on in colleges, with not giving free speech to morons, is ridiculous. It’s insulting to everyone in the country to think people can’t handle hearing some distinguished mentally-challenged fellow. I can listen to any distinguished mentally-challenged fellow I want. Like, I enjoy listening to Louis Farrakhan. He’s just funny to me. Or Charles Manson. I like listening to crazy people.

Ah, okay. So like, “call Charles Manson crazy, but the man could write a song?”

With Manson, his biggest flaw was probably his bloodlust for slaughtering people.

:dead

The setup and punchline from outta nowhere. Norm for god emperor .

benjipwns

« Reply #16789 on: February 17, 2018, 06:59:54 PM »
If this dude tried to make it into the comic industry with these opinions he would have been roasted by the press and public and shamed into hiding. Video games allow his type to stay hidden and as long as he delivers a good product then he gets a pass.
Yep games media is to be blamed for this
Review it and give it a 1/10 to tank the metascore, fucks sake.
:dead

benjipwns

« Reply #16790 on: February 17, 2018, 07:04:25 PM »
However, Gamergate is the gatedrug to the actual far-right
:pimp

Averon

« Reply #16791 on: February 17, 2018, 07:04:26 PM »
They are seething that people don't care what some random guy on a development team said on social media and just wanted to enjoy playing a games they found good. That's partly because normal people don't spend all day on social media looking for wrong-think to get outraged by.

That they are so mad normal people aren't sperging out about Kingdom Come Deliverance and is actually enjoying the game is pathetic.

Averon

« Reply #16792 on: February 17, 2018, 07:08:53 PM »
Review it and give it a 1/10 to tank the metascore, fucks sake.

Advocating reviewers to be petty and unprofessional just to virtue signal. They are nuts  :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #16793 on: February 17, 2018, 07:10:41 PM »
gonna start a gaming website where every (non-Nintendo) game gets a 0/10 review until the developers sign legally binding affidavits that they've never and will never do anything i find objectionable

imma durnk wiht powerrrr

etiolate

« Reply #16794 on: February 17, 2018, 07:13:52 PM »
They have yet to respond to Brad Glasgow posting in that thread.

This goes along with my intellectual prey animal theory. They hide in the herd for protection, make "callouts" to warn the herd, but when face to face with the thing itself, they run away, freeze up or play dead. All prey animal behaviors, just translated into human beings who can't win internet arguments.

Marhunchy

« Reply #16795 on: February 17, 2018, 07:17:02 PM »
When's KCD coming out on GOG?

Resist :success

etiolate

« Reply #16796 on: February 17, 2018, 07:21:59 PM »
It's on GOG.

Boredfrom

« Reply #16797 on: February 17, 2018, 07:22:17 PM »
If they were totally silent, it could be viewed as them just wanting to avoid the issue and forfeiting the narrative to someone else. Making a statement about how you aren't going to talk about it anymore gives some attention, but it's still the difference between actually making a statement and closing your eyes and hoping for the best.

But they stay silent when it is their parent company doing wrong doing.

Exactly, if Warhorse Studio make KCD 2 without Vavrá i would not have any issue buying it.

Well, it doesnt seem that you are needed as a costumer.

Averon

« Reply #16798 on: February 17, 2018, 07:27:38 PM »
I also find it rich how they are all praising WayPoint after their recent sexually harassment allegations. Given the logic in that thread, WayPoint should be excommunicated from ERA. But of course they aren't going to do that since WayPoint is "woke." Just goes to show their outrage is not serious at all and is just an excuse to show how "woke" they are to each other.

etiolate

« Reply #16799 on: February 17, 2018, 07:28:47 PM »
If it's one thing Vice is good about, it's staying silent. One of the many things they have in common with GAF/Reset.