Author Topic: Monster Hunter World is out please dress your cat appropriately  (Read 40463 times)

Tasty

Re: Monster Hunter World is out please dress your cat appropriately
« Reply #540 on: September 13, 2019, 12:05:55 AM »
Brachydios needs to show up more often.

Gigginox too.

And honestly Lagiacrus is too good a design to waste on being water-only. Throw Ivory Lagi in there or something for representation.

Tasty

« Reply #541 on: September 13, 2019, 12:06:06 AM »

Holy SHIT what is this beauty :uguu

Bebpo

« Reply #542 on: September 13, 2019, 12:06:51 AM »
I'm on PS4, the load times are awful BUT the silver lining is you activate the quest and it starts loading while you are in town so then you go eat and re-stock items/change equip and the loading is done and the mission starts in like 10-15 seconds which is fine. But coming back takes a good minute or so and cutscenes can have shitty loading.

PC is way better in every aspect (loading is like 20-30 seconds max I hear with SSD, graphics better) but Iceborne isn't out there until January.

Framerate is pretty smooth at this point in PS4 Pro on Performance mode. Have no issues with PS4 graphics though PC probably looks better.

Tasty

« Reply #543 on: September 13, 2019, 12:07:04 AM »
Oh right GU does have Lagi :ohhh

Bebpo

« Reply #544 on: September 13, 2019, 12:07:23 AM »
Brachydios needs to show up more often.

Gigginox too.

And honestly Lagiacrus is too good a design to waste on being water-only. Throw Ivory Lagi in there or something for representation.

You know Brachydios is in Iceborne, right?  :P

Tasty

« Reply #545 on: September 13, 2019, 12:08:54 AM »
I've been on a semi-blackout for World since I want it to feel super new whenever I get around to playing it, but that's excellent news. :D

Not sure he fits the Ice theme tho :P

Bebpo

« Reply #546 on: September 13, 2019, 12:09:58 AM »
Yeah, idk, haven't got to him yet.

You know who does fit? Zamtrios, but they didn't put him in because he's too goofy when he blows up into a big ball :( Instead we get a non-ball form ripoff with Beotodus which is ok but Zam is better.

Tasty

« Reply #547 on: September 13, 2019, 12:10:26 AM »
For real tho why does GU which has a billion monsters including a previously-water-only species, yet doesn't include the box mascot for one of the main series games...

Bebpo

« Reply #548 on: September 13, 2019, 12:11:52 AM »
I mainly just like the status effect Gore Magala has where you have to do X amount of damage in Y amount of time or you debuff and the fight takes forever, but if you succeed you get Atk up buff which makes the fight shorter. Very MMO, but great exciting status effect that makes you want to play more risky when you have it to get the damage in and shorten the fight.

Tasty

« Reply #549 on: September 13, 2019, 12:28:41 AM »
Oh yeah, Frenzy Virus is pretty fun stuff.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #550 on: September 13, 2019, 01:12:57 AM »
havent played since i got sapphire star in like February, will probably be playing this again after BL3

paprikastaude

« Reply #551 on: September 13, 2019, 10:17:10 AM »
Which is the least time consuming game? MH is time consuming or can be.

MHW is really fast paced until the first story ends. Then gets back to normal for higher ranks.

Generations is whatever. The formula and its restrictions were just totally played out at that point. Glad they went away from the Nintendo audience not only for better gameplay on better hardware, but because it was only just one entry away from having a "rub the guild girl" minigame and go full Fire Emblem.

Tasty

« Reply #552 on: September 13, 2019, 07:07:51 PM »
It's amazing what the specter of Nintendo can be blamed for when you put your mind to it, I suppose.

paprikastaude

« Reply #553 on: September 13, 2019, 10:47:22 PM »
just seen the 90s average for iceborne - kind of surprised at the good reviews, considering the difficulty level. :goldberg

Himu

« Reply #554 on: September 13, 2019, 10:52:23 PM »
How is World an improvement on MH gameplay?
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #555 on: September 13, 2019, 11:49:43 PM »
Combat & multi-player. More environment interaction, combat options and depth.

paprikastaude

« Reply #556 on: September 14, 2019, 01:47:20 AM »
More natural animations, instead of waiting half a minute to pick a few flower or standing still for a drink. No more mandatory flower picking quests. Heftier combat feedback. Mounting doesn't feel tacked on anymore. No more running into accidental loading screens because the monster is stuck on the edge of some shitty tiny map. Cleansed up menus. More tactical options plus environmental interaction. Better traversal. Quick item menu. Cleansing redundancies like breakable grindstones.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 02:02:38 AM by Spieler1 »

Himu

« Reply #557 on: September 14, 2019, 03:10:37 PM »
I've never had an issue with any of those.
IYKYK

Svejk

« Reply #558 on: September 14, 2019, 03:14:17 PM »
Been tempted to get back into this again also.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #559 on: September 14, 2019, 05:00:14 PM »
Eh whatever, grabbed on steam.  :doge

paprikastaude

« Reply #560 on: September 15, 2019, 12:32:37 AM »
New Beetlejuice :notlikethis :gamer

Savage Jho rushing in to slap it 8k damage :gladbron :preach :whoo :heyman :dsp :rejoice
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 10:33:47 PM by Spieler1 »

Bebpo

« Reply #561 on: September 15, 2019, 10:47:08 PM »
Did Coral Pukei, again fired up my SOS after the cutscene and...no one ever joined. I'm getting kinda sick of Iceborne being weirdly empty compared to MHW. Not sure what to think. Did tons of casual people jump in for Monster Hunter World but never beat it and so the audience for Iceborne is small? Hmmm, will be interesting to see what the sales are.

Anyhow, Coral Pukei was a pretty fun variant because the moves are so different it's pretty much an entirely new monster. Took it down in 28 mins. Next up is Barioth. Never fought him in GU/XX so this will be all new for me!

Bebpo

« Reply #562 on: September 16, 2019, 05:12:17 AM »
So I messed around with some Master Rank and High Rank online quests just joining SOS stuff and beating quests in like 10 mins getting loot. Then I tried taking on BARIOTH.

Since I never fought Barioth in GU/XX I thought he was just some sabertooth tiger monster, no big deal.
 :doge

...no he's a giant leaping fucking Tigrex kinda dragon with INSANE ICE TAIL swipe, crazy movement ice tornadoes, huge range fast shoulder check, etc....

I tried him single player for a bit with slow hammer and at first was getting wrecked, then found some safe spots and did ok for a while then died.

Got in a 4p match and it was easily the most intense and challenging monster I've fought in all of World + Iceborne as well as GU/XX. Fight was pretty epic and we had 2 faints and I was doing a lot of run in and get some hits and run away and heal tactics so I didn't wipe our group. I took out both his front legs which was supposed to slow down mobility but he still seemed as fast idk. Then our sword guy took off the tail which definitely helped on the giant tail swipes. We kept the pressure and cleared around 33 mins.

Crazy good fight. Is Baroith considered an Elder Dragon because it sure seemed Elder Dragon material. I can't believe the moveset he has with that speed and wall climbing and range. Insane monster fight.

lol, just googled him in GU/XX and he's like a tiny little baby. They dramatically beefed him up in Iceborne. He's so much bigger so he hits in a much much bigger radius and he also seems more aggressive and faster in Iceborne compared to this video.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 05:20:25 AM by Bebpo »

paprikastaude

« Reply #563 on: September 22, 2019, 12:00:53 PM »
I don't get the postgame :doge

Bebpo

« Reply #564 on: October 04, 2019, 02:57:20 AM »
Tried to get back to this but after 2 hours of wipes against Glavenus with like 3 different teams, I don't know if I have it in me. You really need to find a good team or these higher end Master Rank fights are just a time waster. Glavenus doesn't even hit that hard as long as you back off him when he bits his tail and maybe does the spinning 1 hit KO attack. Dunno why everyone is always dying :(

My biggest issue with Glavenus isn't staying alive, but as a hammer user getting hits in because he is always moving and it's hard to get openings.

Bebpo

« Reply #565 on: October 05, 2019, 12:45:06 AM »
Yay, Era carried me through Glavenus and I got lucky having a good 4p team for Narcuga and cleared. Narcuga didn't seem that hard until I realized he had MR HP pool and is very fast and does 75% HP damage in one good tail swipe so longer the fight drags on more room for mistakes and dying. Both are pretty fun here.

Next up Tigrex & Brachy. I probably should try to upgrade my stuff. I was watching a youtube vid of a hammer user vs. Glavenus and he's doing like 150 damage on small hits and 300 damage+ on big hits and I'm doing like 80 damage & 180 damage for those on my rarity 9, 1200 atk raw bone tree hammer. Should grind out some rarity 10 elemental hammers.

Bebpo

« Reply #566 on: October 09, 2019, 12:48:06 AM »
Built a free element set

Added 600 thunder to my hammer

:o

Bebpo

« Reply #567 on: October 09, 2019, 02:20:39 AM »
Took out Brachy & Tigrex. Both are really buffed up here compared to XX where I remember Brachy just being goofy and Tigrex was fine outside some fast leaps. Brachy is so fast and explodes everywhere alwayssss. I really hate my Hammer's short reach for these big monsters. Had a 2p match and it took us like 40 mins and 3 turf wars of damage to take him but we did with 2 faints.

Tigrex is just crazy. So.much.damage, and so fast and large hit radius. He just destroys randoms in multiplayer. Wiped the first 4p team I tried and the team was pretty good. Then did another 4p team and team had to bust out every item they've got. I'd never seen any other monster in World get all the players to just launch trap after trap after trap and use every turf war possible to get every opening they could. I think we cleared him pretty quick in like 16-20 mins, but we had 2 faints and almost wiped. Intense fight and being in the poison build up pit for a lot of it sure doesn't help.

Then did the main Velkhana fight #1 in solo. Wasn't bad outside again short hammer range making it hard to get hits in. But beat it in like 21 mins.

Unlocked next tier and Shrieking Legiana. Definitely will need to kit out some Ice resistance for this guy. Seems fast and aggressive af compared to the normal version. Main danger seems to be the huge radius ice blast attack that's almost like a Kirin type lightning blast.

Rocking a Free element/Thunder Atk Iron+ gear which works with my Bone tree hammer that has thunder sealed as its element. Have around 772 DEF. Can drop it to like 712 if I wanna focus more on slugger stuns but things are hitting pretty hard so would rather have the DEF.

Bebpo

« Reply #568 on: October 09, 2019, 11:17:40 PM »
spoiler (click to show/hide)
TWO
[close]

Shreiking Legiana was bullshit. Camera suckssss for that mission. Ugh.

Bebpo

« Reply #569 on: October 10, 2019, 12:18:10 AM »
So with Fulgar Agajanth being thunder and my hammer being thunder I tried switching to Longsword which I have and is water. No one joined my SOS so I was doing it solo and he hits so.fucking.hard even with 20+ thunder def. He'd basically 2 shot me. I cut his tail off but ran out of healing items, had 2 feints and with my tiny HP bar could be one-shotted.

Was 30 mins in at that point, on my last legs and put a trap down having no idea if he was low enough HP to trap but figure it was worth a shot because otherwise I'm gonna wipe. Got him in the trap and tranq'd him and it captured him phew.

I definitely need to up my DEF at this point in 4-star MR.

Bebpo

« Reply #570 on: October 11, 2019, 04:21:47 AM »
Took down Ebony Oga~ on first try with a 3 person team. Wasn't too bad. The other 2 people carted towards the end and was worried they were gonna wipe us so I started throwing down traps but he wasn't low enough HP to tranq, so we beat on him and then threw down another trap and still wasn't enough and beat on him some more and after the 3rd trap attempt he was limping and we captured on the 4th trap thankfully.

Built an Efflua~~ resistant charm for Acidic Glavenus and blocked out Stun through decorations. Gave it a go solo with my hammer, but gave up 15 mins in after my first faint because I just wasn't hitting him enough and was worried I wouldn't clear in 60 mins solo hammer. His head hangs so high up almost none of my attacks can reach him :( Will do this in multiplayer next time.

Up to around 1400 ATK w/500ish thunder and ~20% affinity. Feel pretty ok with that. If I use the Defense charm can get to ~802 DEF pre-food.

Bebpo

« Reply #571 on: October 13, 2019, 03:33:20 AM »
Wooo, cleared the title cover Elder. When you have a good 4p team the game is so much fun. We had a healer that constantly healed everyone and basically helped make the battle a fun breeze.

paprikastaude

« Reply #572 on: October 13, 2019, 02:46:16 PM »

Bebpo

« Reply #573 on: October 13, 2019, 11:21:56 PM »
Looking forward to Rajang. The monster interaction animations are really great (and the free damage is nice).

Did Seething Bazaelgeese. Fight was fun with a good 4p but damn enraged he does crazy damage. I got knocked into one of the purple giant bombs and was combo 1-shotted along with another guy on our team. Lost 2 faints at the same time. Luckily still cleared.

Had some trouble with the "find the Elders" investigation thing, spent like 30 mins running around a map trying to find them twice. Next time will just google. I don't like how the tracks are like nowhere near where they are. Tried Blackveil Hazaak but had the gear and with HP in 1/2 was trouble. Need to build a set for this fight. 4 fights left until post-game! Getting there!

I like how every fight after the first 1/3rd feels like an epic battle and you gotta prep build for fights and have a good team and then kick some ass and win just barely. Difficulty level here is definitely what World should've been.

Bebpo

« Reply #574 on: October 14, 2019, 04:19:53 AM »
So I got gated for the first with Blackveil Vaal Hazak because I don't have Effluvia Resistance gear or decos (I have one lvl.1 deco).
I searched for MR gear with Effluvia Res and the only ones were a Girros piece with crap defense and an Acidic Glavenus helm with 2 lvls of Effluvia res and a lvl.4 slot and good DEF.

I had one investigation with Acidic Glavenus to try to get the mats, but it was a fight Acidic Glavenus & Ebony Odogaron in Rotton Vale. I went in just to check it out but ended up solo-ing the whole thing with 5 mins to spare (out of 50 mins). Got an Acidic Glavenus only investigation opened up from that and all the mats for the helm with +2 effluvia resistance except ...one spinshell mat :(

Still, definitely learned how to fight both Acidic and Ebony with a hammer from that experience. Shouldn't be a problem to do the Acidic only investigation and hopefully will get my one spineshell and make the helm so can fight Blackveil Vaal.

First time I've had to grind in Iceborne, but if it only takes a couple hours of investigations that's not too terrible I guess. Will try to get a 4p team for the Acidic Glavenus only investigation next time I play and then take down Vaal in 4p and get down to the last 3 final bosses before post-game. I never really got into the post-game in the original since I'm not big on grinding, so I just wanna beat the main Iceborne story and get to post-game and then bail if it's too much of a grind (would like to get to Zinogre at least). ~85 hours game right now with the original being around 55 hours, so 30-ish in Iceborne which is solid.

Bebpo

« Reply #575 on: October 15, 2019, 02:47:26 AM »
Got my Effluvia Resist+3 gear and a good 4p team against Blackveil Vaal and we wiped after 32 mins (no carts on me)  :'(

This is a rough fight. He can hit so hard (one rage mode blast can do like 75% of my HP with 180 HP and DEF 820) that a bad hit can wipe someone and his HP is enormous so it's a long ass fight. Might be a few days until I get past this fucker.

Or I can just solo him. Pretty sure with infinite HP from my cat heals and my cat distracts I could solo it fine but would take like 40-50 mins probably.

Bebpo

« Reply #576 on: October 17, 2019, 12:55:58 AM »
Era helped me take out Blackveil in 2p downing him in 20 mins
Dunno how the fuck we wiped at 32 mins in 4p

Unlocked Nam and watched the cutscene, decked out in:

Water res lvl.3 (20+ now)
HP boost Lvl.3 (+50)
Divine blessing lvl.3 (50%)
Stun resist lvl.3 complete resist
Speed eating
Defense boost lvl.7 (I know everyone slags on it but I use a Def lvl.4 charm and that extra 50-100 DEF is nice)

Yaaaa, I am still beginner at Monhun so on G-rank elders and stuff I go full defense build so I can fuck up a lot and not cart and get my teammates pissed at me.

Also running ATK boost lvl.2
Expert lvl.3 or so (~15% affinity)
Part breaker lvl.1
Slugger lvl.1
And some attack boost

Bebpo

« Reply #577 on: October 17, 2019, 03:04:03 AM »
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Nam down. Was a fun fight, reminded me of some of the most fantastically XX Elder fights with the tsunamis and divebombs and electric currents. My thunder hammer (my only high rank hammer I have to use) was rated "X" for efficiency and I definitely saw that doing like 30-40 damage per hit  :'(

Had one guy join me about 7 mins in and we cleared in 41 mins just in time. No faints, but not a lot of damage.

Got to Nerg, luckily thunder seems to do nicely against him, so fight should go better than the last. Was able to get the end of the weapon tree for the bone hammer I'm using (Earth Ender III) so I've got a little over 1500 damage + 500ish thunder.

End is in sight!

Bebpo

« Reply #578 on: October 17, 2019, 03:16:22 AM »
Also, I gotta say Iceborne has an insane amount of content.

In the 50 hours it's going to take me to get through the main Iceborne story, it's been nothing but new monsters. I think I fought a Kulu-Yaku once and maybe Pukei-Pukei and that's about it for fighting Master Rank versions of old monsters. And since the MR versions are slightly different and their aggressiveness feels fresh, that means there's still like MHW vanilla MR monsters to fight even after I'm done with the Iceborne stuff.

I guess maybe you were supposed to fight some of the MHW Vanilla MR elders during the elder research missions at the end, but once I noticed that I got like 50% of the research bar from just going in and grabbing 5 mins of tracks and returning from expedition, it just seemed quicker to do that 2-3x than do a 20-40 min Elder fight so didn't bother fighting them.

Iceborne definitely seems like the best MH game. Could easily put another hundred hours or so into the post-game and grinding out Vanilla MR monsters and their sets, plus Iceborne weapons.

One thing I need to do after I beat Iceborne main story is to go back and clear the 3 High Rank monsters I never beat now that I'm overpowered for HR. Need a clear on Lunastra, Behemoth and the Witcher sidequest which I haven't even started.

Bebpo

« Reply #579 on: October 18, 2019, 04:01:56 PM »
Beat this last night   :hyper

Nerg was hard, but also seemed kinda low HP, short and over fast. I hear it's because his MR99 form is the real one. Too bad I doubt I'll spend the grind to get to MR99 and fight him. Will watch a youtube run to see what he's like. One thing that was tough for me on Nerg was I'm so used to using clutch claw combos with my hammer in Iceborne (end every combo with a clutch grab and smash) and because Nerg is spikey I'd take damage when I tried to clutch claw him after a combo and get knocked off. This meant I lost about 1/3rd of my damage per combo.

The final boss was way easier than expected. Compared to Xeno'Jiva that seriously gave me issues and was impossible to clear with MP randoms (ended up solo-ing it in a 40 min battle), this dude had really simple telegraphed moves and you basically just stayed behind him and you're mostly safe. Still had one 4p wipe from people getting one shotted by blasts, but beat it with my second 4p team.

Anyhow, it was kind of a neat boss in how you break pieces off him until he becomes final form.

Got into guilding lands and unlocked the Rajang quest. Will start on the post-game when I have some time and clear up HR Lunastra, Behemoth and Witcher.

Great game.