Author Topic: RedLetterMedia Thread  (Read 226985 times)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Re: RedLetterMedia Thread
« Reply #1860 on: February 06, 2022, 12:08:57 AM »

there's a dark side to this particular video...I saw someone mention this in the comments and googled it, and found this article (depends on whether you put stock in reports like this):

https://okmagazine.com/p/bruce-willis-truce-family-fading-on-set-memory-loss/

Hollywood superstar Bruce Willis has been spotted with his family more often these days — and there’s a telling reason why he's spending so much QT with his kids.

After OK! exclusively revealed that the 65-year-old Die Hard star has been battling early on-set memory loss for at least the past two years, a second source divulged that Willis sold his New York real estate so that he can be with his children and wife Emma Heming Willis full-time in Los Angeles.

“His wife Emma has helped Demi Moore and the children Bruce shares with his ex-wife to make truces because they know he’s fading,” a source exclusively tells OK!.

[...]

As OK! previously reported, while Bruce has not been formally diagnosed with the first stages of dementia, “he’s been waging a personal war for a number of years” with his health and a memory issue, an insider revealed.

[...]

In 2015, Bruce was seen wearing an earpiece to feed him lines when he made his Broadway debut in Misery alongside Laurie Metcalf. Over time, it seems like Bruce’s health has continued to deteriorate.

“While filming Glass [in 2019], staffers worked around him by cutting and editing and having him overdub lines because he struggled to remember and/or deliver them,” an insider reveals. “In most scenes on Glass he’s hooded, and they used stand-in and body doubles to replace him. On set, he wouldn’t smile and was always chaperoned by an assistant to guide him while walking.”

Despite the hiccup, the father-of-five doesn’t seem to be stopping anytime soon, as he has five films in post-production and will start shooting Die Hard 6, also known as McClane, in the near future.

“The good news is that although there is the real concern of dementia fears, it largely has not impacted his ability to work in Hollywood — and in true super hero form — he won’t slow down because new technology like ear pieces allows actors of his caliber not to skip a beat,” the source said.

Fortunately, Bruce isn’t alone as he learns to adjust to his new normal. “Between Demi and Emma, the family has always ensured Bruce has the support and care he might need at any given time,” the insider added. “It’s sad that people are making fun of him.”

if true I hope RLM just didn't know about this, since they spend so much time ragging on the earpiece and the nonexistent acting

I could see this being a video that might even get taken down once they find out
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1861 on: February 06, 2022, 12:29:50 AM »
That's actually worse that people are clearly taking advantage of a diminished mind and no one is doing anything to step in for him.

alternatively, he's well aware of what's happening, and he's making 6 movies a year and passing out zany product endorsements to have as much money to leave behind for his family as possible before he's too far gone
:fbm
Uncle

Tasty

« Reply #1862 on: February 06, 2022, 12:53:11 AM »
If anything they'll make a 5-10 min update vid like they did for WW84 and Rise of Skywalker.

Tasty

« Reply #1863 on: February 06, 2022, 12:55:09 AM »
And actually thinking about it they wouldn't probably comment on it unless Willis himself confirmed it. This is all third-party hearsay at this point.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1864 on: February 06, 2022, 01:08:19 AM »
And actually thinking about it they wouldn't probably comment on it unless Willis himself confirmed it. This is all third-party hearsay at this point.

I thought about that too, if they had heard about it but held off mentioning it out of respect for his privacy, but if you even slightly suspect something like that then you wouldn't go on for an hour about how ashamed he should be at his own lack of caring and his embarrassing earpieces  :gloomy

"oh it's unconfirmed reports so I'll just poke fun at him as if nothing's wrong until I know for sure"
Uncle

Tycoon Padre

« Reply #1865 on: February 06, 2022, 08:33:15 AM »
On-set memory loss :ohhh

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #1866 on: February 06, 2022, 10:23:14 AM »
I love that any time something is really shit they go "that's just like in space cop!"

there's a dark side to this particular video...I saw someone mention this in the comments and googled it, and found this article (depends on whether you put stock in reports like this):

https://okmagazine.com/p/bruce-willis-truce-family-fading-on-set-memory-loss/

Hollywood superstar Bruce Willis has been spotted with his family more often these days — and there’s a telling reason why he's spending so much QT with his kids.

After OK! exclusively revealed that the 65-year-old Die Hard star has been battling early on-set memory loss for at least the past two years, a second source divulged that Willis sold his New York real estate so that he can be with his children and wife Emma Heming Willis full-time in Los Angeles.

“His wife Emma has helped Demi Moore and the children Bruce shares with his ex-wife to make truces because they know he’s fading,” a source exclusively tells OK!.

[...]

As OK! previously reported, while Bruce has not been formally diagnosed with the first stages of dementia, “he’s been waging a personal war for a number of years” with his health and a memory issue, an insider revealed.

[...]

In 2015, Bruce was seen wearing an earpiece to feed him lines when he made his Broadway debut in Misery alongside Laurie Metcalf. Over time, it seems like Bruce’s health has continued to deteriorate.

“While filming Glass [in 2019], staffers worked around him by cutting and editing and having him overdub lines because he struggled to remember and/or deliver them,” an insider reveals. “In most scenes on Glass he’s hooded, and they used stand-in and body doubles to replace him. On set, he wouldn’t smile and was always chaperoned by an assistant to guide him while walking.”

Despite the hiccup, the father-of-five doesn’t seem to be stopping anytime soon, as he has five films in post-production and will start shooting Die Hard 6, also known as McClane, in the near future.

“The good news is that although there is the real concern of dementia fears, it largely has not impacted his ability to work in Hollywood — and in true super hero form — he won’t slow down because new technology like ear pieces allows actors of his caliber not to skip a beat,” the source said.

Fortunately, Bruce isn’t alone as he learns to adjust to his new normal. “Between Demi and Emma, the family has always ensured Bruce has the support and care he might need at any given time,” the insider added. “It’s sad that people are making fun of him.”

if true I hope RLM just didn't know about this, since they spend so much time ragging on the earpiece and the nonexistent acting

I could see this being a video that might even get taken down once they find out

Oh damn, this would also explain why he's cranking out shitty movies because he just wants to make as much money as possible while he still can.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 10:29:14 AM by HaughtyFrank »

Tasty

« Reply #1867 on: February 06, 2022, 12:15:27 PM »
Don't worry, his deepfake is gonna be paying his bills all by itself soon enough.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1869 on: February 07, 2022, 02:00:01 PM »
©@©™

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1870 on: February 08, 2022, 06:37:39 AM »
Presumably, those hypothetical "Black Critics" would say "This is a great film! What a comeback for Travolta! Jackson steals every scene he's in!" like all the non-black critics did.

If you really want to get into post-colonial analysis, the fact all the black people in the film are criminals (and probably the dead distinguished black fellow storage scene) would seem more worthy of a conversation than Marcellus getting 'Buck Broken'

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1871 on: February 14, 2022, 05:32:04 PM »
Uncle

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 04:49:19 PM by benjipwns »

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #1873 on: February 17, 2022, 04:48:16 PM »
Is that a MovieBlob burner? :heh
(ice)

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #1874 on: February 17, 2022, 04:56:23 PM »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1875 on: February 17, 2022, 05:46:32 PM »
 :lucas "I watched the entire review and he's right, I'm a failure, I need to sell the franchise to Disney"
Uncle

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1876 on: February 17, 2022, 06:28:49 PM »
The irony with Lucas is that he didn't want to direct the prequels but he was told by everyone that he asked to direct it himself because it was his creation and it would be most true to his vision.

Disney sort of got lucky with Marvel making everyone think they could only make hit movies.
But they've made an equal ammount of mediocre films with flashy visuals (TRON Legacy) to outright trash (Tommorowland).
Even among the Marvel movies there are some stinkers.

In Disney's track record the new Star Wars trilogy is less of an outlier than people think.

And a lot of their films and shows don't really have a lot of staying power. Who is still talking about or remembers Mulan and Cruella?
🤴

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1877 on: February 18, 2022, 09:58:10 AM »
https://twitter.com/ChaseRazor/status/1493967035465830402

Red Letter Media have done more to harm than good to online criticism. They have a long list of grievancestransgressions.
'Grievance' is a synonym for 'complaint', not 'crime' as you mean here, inverting your argument.

*looks at bio*

#ActuallyAutistic

:mike

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1878 on: February 18, 2022, 10:03:02 AM »
outright trash (Tommorowland).

I actually like Tomorrowland, outside of the weirdness of whats clearly a woman in her mid 20s playing whats clearly supposed to be a 13-14 year old girl; the idea that cynicism and expectations of failure become a self-fulfilling prophesy that leads to inaction and apathy is pretty good. It has some pretty cool ideas and set pieces.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1879 on: February 18, 2022, 10:03:49 AM »
nobody posted the latest video

Uncle

Tasty

« Reply #1880 on: February 18, 2022, 10:23:37 AM »
It was up for about 3 hours before being made private originally. I think a clip got copyright claimed. :lol Apparently bots care about this film.

Polident Hive

« Reply #1881 on: February 18, 2022, 10:30:30 PM »
The irony with Lucas is that he didn't want to direct the prequels but he was told by everyone that he asked to direct it himself because it was his creation and it would be most true to his vision.

Disney sort of got lucky with Marvel making everyone think they could only make hit movies.
But they've made an equal ammount of mediocre films with flashy visuals (TRON Legacy) to outright trash (Tommorowland).
Even among the Marvel movies there are some stinkers.

In Disney's track record the new Star Wars trilogy is less of an outlier than people think.

And a lot of their films and shows don't really have a lot of staying power. Who is still talking about or remembers Mulan and Cruella?

Less luck and more feeling the need to capture that teen to early twenties mostly boys audience. Disney briefly had those three Pirates movies in the early 2000s. Those you called out and attempts at Sorcerers Apprentice, John Carter, Prince of Persia, Lone Ranger never panned out. Attempts at bringing back the Pirates movies were stupidly expensive for the levels of success they were reaching. With Marvel, they nearly snatched up that entire market, and continue to grow the audience.

Star Wars seems stagnate appealing to the same audience. Lack of interest from international audiences who didn't have the build in cultural acceptance of the brand. Some desperate attempts to make Solo play better in other countries. Changing the name to Ranger Solo because "Star Wars." Casting choices and fates of certain characters in that movie. Last I read they hit pause on two of the upcoming movies?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1882 on: February 22, 2022, 01:55:09 PM »
Uncle

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #1883 on: February 27, 2022, 10:22:31 AM »

Tasty

« Reply #1884 on: February 27, 2022, 01:17:40 PM »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1885 on: February 28, 2022, 09:18:50 AM »
Oh no, the car fuckers!
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #1886 on: February 28, 2022, 05:52:52 PM »
Oh no, the car fuckers!

Wait a second... you're car fuckers!

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1887 on: March 01, 2022, 10:29:43 AM »
I've seen The Incredible Melting Man because it was on MST3K and I've seen every episode of MST3K, but the only thing I remember was the nurse running through the glass door. What an incredible scene. :lol
©@©™

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1888 on: March 01, 2022, 10:34:46 AM »
I've seen The Incredible Melting Man because it was on MST3K and I've seen every episode of MST3K, but the only thing I remember was the nurse running through the glass door. What an incredible scene. :lol

I remember the amazing old couple and was just waiting for them to talk about them!

https://youtu.be/wWALN1cRFWM?t=2209

:whatisthis :dead
Uncle

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1889 on: March 01, 2022, 10:42:18 AM »
Oh yeah, the lemon thieves lol
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #1890 on: March 08, 2022, 07:41:55 PM »

Don't know how Mike got Rich to do this. :lol

Edit- Wait, it was the other way around. :o

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1891 on: March 08, 2022, 09:27:52 PM »
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #1892 on: March 20, 2022, 04:44:28 PM »

If anything they'll make a 5-10 min update vid like they did for WW84 and Rise of Skywalker.

Split the diff? :P

Tasty

Coax

« Reply #1894 on: March 21, 2022, 09:03:19 PM »
The voicemail they left for the company that produced the hand impact safety video in latest BotW :lol

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1895 on: March 22, 2022, 07:51:47 AM »
The voicemail they left for the company that produced the hand impact safety video in latest BotW :lol

unless I'm misremembering, I think it's the first time Mike has ever done his Plinkett voice on camera  :o
Uncle

Tasty

« Reply #1896 on: March 22, 2022, 03:41:26 PM »
He's done it at least once before but I forget the context. I wanna say it was in the 6-7 years ago range.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1897 on: March 22, 2022, 07:29:03 PM »
What

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1898 on: March 23, 2022, 12:06:04 PM »
I like how by the end of the last series there was nowhere else to go with the photoshop thumbnails but mike continues to try to go deeper

by the end of this he's going to have to photoshop a lovecraftian flesh horror
Uncle

Tuckers Law

« Reply #1899 on: March 23, 2022, 01:06:16 PM »
outright trash (Tommorowland).

I actually like Tomorrowland, outside of the weirdness of whats clearly a woman in her mid 20s playing whats clearly supposed to be a 13-14 year old girl; the idea that cynicism and expectations of failure become a self-fulfilling prophesy that leads to inaction and apathy is pretty good. It has some pretty cool ideas and set pieces.

Holy shit, someone other than myself liked Tomorrowland.  I knew I wasn’t the only one!

Tasty

« Reply #1900 on: March 23, 2022, 03:42:03 PM »
Never seen Tomorrowland but I'll always hate it for cancelling Tron 3.

And as good as his movies are, Brad Bird is still generally overrated.

Boredfrom

« Reply #1901 on: March 30, 2022, 12:53:58 PM »
https://pagesix.com/2022/03/30/bruce-willis-diagnosed-with-aphasia-stepping-away-from-acting/?utm_source=P6Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=SocialFlow

Welp, it is official. Glad RLM did a follow up acknowledging his posible mental issues before this happened.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1902 on: March 30, 2022, 01:21:54 PM »
yeah uh...with the timing it sort of seems like their videos forced the family's hand
Uncle

Boredfrom

« Reply #1903 on: March 30, 2022, 01:28:37 PM »
Dunno, at one point is impossible to hide that you can’t communicate at all and cannot even comprehend written language. I still question if he was exploited or not.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1904 on: March 30, 2022, 01:34:39 PM »
Dunno, at one point is impossible to hide that you can’t communicate at all and cannot even comprehend written language. I still question if he was exploited or not.

like the possibility that his family was pushing him into it for a last bit of cash at the end, and were getting away with it until recent attention?
Uncle

Boredfrom

« Reply #1905 on: March 30, 2022, 01:40:35 PM »

like the possibility that his family was pushing him into it for a last bit of cash at the end, and were getting away with it until recent attention?

Pretty much. Hopefully was willing and not a Stan Lee situation.

HaughtyFrank

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1907 on: March 31, 2022, 04:15:26 PM »
What

Tasty

« Reply #1908 on: April 04, 2022, 05:15:44 PM »

Tasty

« Reply #1909 on: April 04, 2022, 05:57:23 PM »
The custom intro :lol :lol

paprikastaude

« Reply #1910 on: April 10, 2022, 02:39:43 PM »

NekoFever

« Reply #1911 on: April 10, 2022, 04:40:54 PM »
“Reins like on a horse, R-E-I-G-N”

:shaking

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1912 on: April 10, 2022, 08:31:40 PM »
“Reins like on a horse, R-E-I-G-N”

:shaking

©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #1913 on: April 10, 2022, 10:41:45 PM »
I read Joe's post and heard the sound effect in my head :lol

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #1914 on: April 22, 2022, 09:36:52 PM »

Features a special guest  :shh

Tasty

« Reply #1915 on: April 22, 2022, 09:45:07 PM »
Features a special guest  :shh

Max Landis?!

Tasty

« Reply #1916 on: April 22, 2022, 10:36:20 PM »
:lol
Mike giving Jack his script :lol
[close]

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1917 on: April 25, 2022, 11:14:20 AM »
How long until Jack Quaid is cancelled for sex crimes?
©@©™

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1918 on: April 25, 2022, 11:35:15 AM »
Where is my Picard review I want to see them have a mental breakdown
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1919 on: May 02, 2022, 07:40:23 PM »
What