Author Topic: The Intellectual Wank Dad [ ot ] jordan peterson Jordan Peterson JORDAN PETERSON  (Read 207375 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: The Intellectual Wank Dad [ ot ]
« Reply #1500 on: May 20, 2018, 11:21:12 PM »

This honestly says quite a lot lol.
Nola, admit to me you're a self hating white male. It keeps you up at night doesn't it?

Like I've said, if your loaded reads on people on this forum are indicative of the way you analyze social behavior in your day to day, I suspect your heavy reliance on those anecdotal experiences to shape your worldview, and those people you can find that reinforce them, are an order of magnitude more shitty than someone with even average social IQ doing it...Not that it wasn't already clear in your posts here.

soyboy cuck confirmed

Oblivion

« Reply #1501 on: May 20, 2018, 11:45:13 PM »
No, you try to argue in good faith, like your daddy etiolate always said. You know you changed your argument once I called you out on it, just admit it and move on, it's not a big deal. And the reason why I point out the fallacies is because they suggest fallacious reasoning on your part. And I still think you missed the point.

No dude, no. I'm not backing off on anything. He's popular for a variety of reasons, if one of those is helping disheartened males maybe there's a reason for that? Maybe there's a problem there that needs addressing. Again, you come into this as a way to win cred or some shit. It's a very inefficient way to have a discussion when all you want to do is paint someone as the loser, racist, bigot, whatever.

So you're going to once again ignore that nobody gave this clown the time of day until he started shitting on trans people and feminists?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1502 on: May 21, 2018, 01:38:09 AM »
the dog
the beak
the unibrow
 :rejoice

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1503 on: May 21, 2018, 02:20:06 AM »
Same old wank dad thread I see  :betty

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1504 on: May 21, 2018, 02:45:36 AM »
No dude, no. I'm not backing off on anything. He's popular for a variety of reasons, if one of those is helping disheartened males maybe there's a reason for that? Maybe there's a problem there that needs addressing. Again, you come into this as a way to win cred or some shit. It's a very inefficient way to have a discussion when all you want to do is paint someone as the loser, racist, bigot, whatever.

Don't start trying to carepost, boy-o. You haven't the practice.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1506 on: May 21, 2018, 09:48:02 AM »
No, you try to argue in good faith, like your daddy etiolate always said. You know you changed your argument once I called you out on it, just admit it and move on, it's not a big deal. And the reason why I point out the fallacies is because they suggest fallacious reasoning on your part. And I still think you missed the point.

So you're going to once again ignore that nobody gave this clown the time of day until he started shitting on trans people and feminists?

:gddr5

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #1507 on: May 21, 2018, 01:05:15 PM »
So you're just a c*nt then? Right, moving on.
yar

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1508 on: May 21, 2018, 07:12:52 PM »
So you're just a c*nt then? Right, moving on.
Oh nooos i jumped on the crazy trans community for going after comedians making jokes

how nazi of me  :patel

agrajag

« Reply #1509 on: May 21, 2018, 07:54:16 PM »
I know right. Even filler knows, deep down. He likes Assimilate's posts because he thinks he has to, but his heart ain't in it.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1510 on: May 21, 2018, 08:18:14 PM »
 :doge

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #1511 on: May 21, 2018, 09:46:39 PM »
the dog
the beak
the unibrow
 :rejoice

MGS3 as Kojima intended, hope we see a restoration mod at some point :esports

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #1512 on: May 21, 2018, 09:50:17 PM »
just for the record: i came.
duc

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1513 on: May 21, 2018, 10:04:01 PM »
just for the record: i came.

Daddy's home. :rejoice
dog

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1514 on: May 21, 2018, 10:05:38 PM »
filler is only using his platform to help the disenfranchised.
Chill out Master Unibrow.

I know he believes in me.  :heart

agrajag

« Reply #1515 on: May 21, 2018, 10:10:58 PM »
Kind of reminds me of another guy that likes to create nicknames for people

:trumps

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #1516 on: May 21, 2018, 11:24:01 PM »
was editing my ignore list and decided to see why i stopped seeing the walrus post here.

turns out mandark was instrumental in his departure too.

great final post. byeeeee.

:lol
http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=39503.msg2167527#msg2167527
◕‿◕

Tasty

« Reply #1517 on: May 21, 2018, 11:33:21 PM »
was editing my ignore list and decided to see why i stopped seeing the walrus post here.

turns out mandark was instrumental in his departure too.

great final post. byeeeee.

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=39503.msg2167527#msg2167527

It annoyed me cause that was right before Borecon and Walrus was supposed to go.

Hope that doesn't happen to anyone in particular again this year. 👀

agrajag

« Reply #1518 on: May 21, 2018, 11:35:41 PM »
That Walrus character sure went on tilt a lot

:thinking

benjipwns

benjipwns

« Reply #1520 on: May 22, 2018, 03:16:55 AM »

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1521 on: May 22, 2018, 03:22:23 AM »
Rule #10 of his book is "be precise in your speech."

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #1522 on: May 22, 2018, 03:22:44 AM »
I'm sure that's actually what he means and we're all just conflating that verbiage with the recent article on pussy redistribution but it doesn't change the ridiculous tweet he made some years ago about sexual deviancy justifying state tyranny (tongue in cheek or not).
每天生气

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1523 on: May 22, 2018, 03:44:17 AM »
1) I already yelled a bit about this, so I'll mostly be repeating myself. http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=45437.msg2430445#msg2430445

2) In both the NYT article and in Peterson's response on his site, he's explicitly proposing this to address male violence. Even the nicest, softest version of this boils down to adjusting the rules and incentives of dating to steer women towards men they would otherwise not choose, in hopes that those men will be less likely to lash out.

3) Peterson basically ducks the details of how to do this, just saying it would be socially rather than legally. But the traditional way this was accomplished was by excluding women from the economy so they'd be financially dependent on men, and by attaching a very punitive stigma to unwed mothers and their children. Considering Peterson's comments about tradition, women in the workplace, feminism, etc. and the fact that he doesn't offer any specific alternatives, I think it's fair to say those are the most likely options on the table.

4) He's basically accepted and repeated the red pill incel framing of this as male violence being a problem that women are obligated to solve through sex. He thinks that coercing women to do this "socially" rather than setting up a formal government program means it should be a bland, uncontroversial idea and doesn't get why everyone's so worked up.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #1524 on: May 22, 2018, 10:08:57 AM »
So it is still the woman's fault that men's frustration results in violence?
©ZH

agrajag

« Reply #1525 on: May 22, 2018, 10:17:50 AM »
He is a weasel. He doesn't actually propose any solutions to "incentivise" women to have sex with undesirable men (to prevent them from being violent lolol), because it's a stupid fucking idea. What would he do besides exerting force, tax the shit out of single women? Give them government grants for marrying low status men?

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1526 on: May 22, 2018, 10:29:27 AM »
I see wank dad has an interview thing with Russel Brand - cant care about these two chuckle heads so im leaving it here for you guys

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #1527 on: May 22, 2018, 10:34:09 AM »
Maybe if these "incels" would adjust their standards, they wouldn't be so unfuckable. There is a sea of women who feel the same way as the boys. Unfortunately, both sides are looking over each other's heads to find their ideal.
©ZH

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1528 on: May 22, 2018, 11:25:14 AM »
So it is still the woman's fault that men's frustration results in violence?
(Image removed from quote.)
He isn't blaming women, he's blaming society.
Maybe if these "incels" would adjust their standards, they wouldn't be so unfuckable. There is a sea of women who feel the same way as the boys. Unfortunately, both sides are looking over each other's heads to find their ideal.
I don't see that. But i'm not going to get into a deep dive with you fucks because you'll do the same thing you always do... dog pile. I'll just say let's see where this experiment leads. Either we become like Japan or a version that is far more violent.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #1529 on: May 22, 2018, 12:31:22 PM »

Leadbelly

« Reply #1530 on: May 22, 2018, 01:07:38 PM »
It seems Maajid Nawaz recently interviewed Peterson.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #1531 on: May 22, 2018, 01:13:10 PM »
2) In both the NYT article and in Peterson's response on his site, he's explicitly proposing this to address male violence. Even the nicest, softest version of this boils down to adjusting the rules and incentives of dating to steer women towards men they would otherwise not choose, in hopes that those men will be less likely to lash out.

If one wants to address male violence, making it easier to end relationships safely, quickly, and with the full support of the law are demonstrably effective. Funny how these things are attributed to causing the problem, huh?

We find a large, statistically significant, and econometrically robust decline in the number of women committing suicide following the introduction of unilateral divorce. No significant effect is found for men. Domestic violence is analyzed using data on both family conflict resolution and intimate homicide rates. The results indicate a large decline in domestic violence for both men and women in states that adopted unilateral divorce. We find suggestive evidence that unilateral divorce led to a decline in females murdered by their partners, while the data revealed no discernible effects for men murdered.

Leadbelly

« Reply #1532 on: May 22, 2018, 01:39:34 PM »
To be honest I kind of wish this thread would steer away from Peterson. I'm kind of bored of hearing about him. The hyperbolic interpretations of everything he says even more so. lol

Leadbelly

« Reply #1533 on: May 22, 2018, 01:44:34 PM »
To be honest I kind of wish this thread would steer away from Peterson. I'm kind of bored of hearing about him. The hyperbolic interpretations of everything he says even more so. lol

If only Momo would stop posting his videos.

I just posted a video. lol

It was recent though and I like Maajid Nawaz. I just need to find something else from other people.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1534 on: May 22, 2018, 02:04:38 PM »
It's really interesting how the only people that ever REALLY understand what Peterson is REALLY saying are the people that give him money to affirm their bloody feelings of bloody inadequacies and outdated views, that they bloody well have the right to have. That's the sane thing. Literally every one else is attacking him.
That's a lot of people that like him.

And it's funny that the people that are attacking him are exactly the type of people you would think would attack him. He was never going to win over the audience that already made up their minds about him after the pronoun debate. People inaccurately painted him a transphobe, and you fucking know that was it for that crowd. Nothing else he said would do anything to change that.

Whacked out fuckers like the people on REE attack everyone. Even their own. When you play the who can be more woke than who, it's a race to the fucking bottom. No one wins.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1535 on: May 22, 2018, 02:22:49 PM »
If one wants to address male violence, making it easier to end relationships safely, quickly, and with the full support of the law are demonstrably effective. Funny how these things are attributed to causing the problem, huh?

You, a simpleton: men beating and killing women is bad cause it harms the women.

Jordan Peterson, an intellectual: men beating and killing women is bad cause it's a cri de coeur, showing us how much boys are traumatized by a post-feminist society.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #1536 on: May 22, 2018, 02:24:28 PM »
You know, Mandark, someone might interpret all this French phrase dropping as status signalling.
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1537 on: May 22, 2018, 02:26:03 PM »

Muhammad Abdallah-Saleh
1 year ago
love this guy, and I'm a straight, black, muslim...Milo is the man

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1538 on: May 22, 2018, 02:35:00 PM »
You know, Mandark, someone might interpret all this French phrase dropping as status signalling.

meet me at my desiccated tower and say that

benjipwns

« Reply #1539 on: May 22, 2018, 02:41:00 PM »
maybe if you cleaned out the witches from the swamp around it we could get there

Oblivion

« Reply #1540 on: May 22, 2018, 03:27:31 PM »
Reminder:

1) Peterson used a defense by one of his lobsters to defend his dumbass comments in the NYT.

2) Among other things, Peterson thinks women haven't been subjugated throughout history because England had queens.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #1541 on: May 22, 2018, 04:22:44 PM »
Reminder:

1) Peterson used a defense by one of his lobsters to defend his dumbass comments in the NYT.

2) Among other things, Peterson thinks women haven't been subjugated throughout history because England had queens.

Reminds me of that one time when Greece conquered Egypt. Women had their own thing going on and then this happened.

Greece: "We're here, we're queer and we hate women."

agrajag

« Reply #1542 on: May 22, 2018, 04:25:57 PM »
So much hubub over a guy whose entire schtick can be summed up with MRA

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #1543 on: May 22, 2018, 04:34:57 PM »
I got called out for saying that the guy basically just sells self-help books to the alt-right. I guess they were right, it's not just books but also seminars.

agrajag

« Reply #1544 on: May 22, 2018, 04:39:58 PM »
I got called out for saying that the guy basically just sells self-help books to the alt-right. I guess they were right, it's not just books but also seminars.

and tiered Patreon accounts.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1545 on: May 22, 2018, 04:53:29 PM »
I wonder how much it burns etiolate to see all these people in here in need of an L and knowing that he can no longer hand it to them?
dog

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1546 on: May 22, 2018, 05:46:49 PM »
It's really interesting how the only people that ever REALLY understand what Peterson is REALLY saying are the people that give him money to affirm their bloody feelings of bloody inadequacies and outdated views, that they bloody well have the right to have. That's the sane thing. Literally every one else is attacking him.
That's a lot of people that like him.

And it's funny that the people that are attacking him are exactly the type of people you would think would attack him. He was never going to win over the audience that already made up their minds about him after the pronoun debate. People inaccurately painted him a transphobe, and you fucking know that was it for that crowd. Nothing else he said would do anything to change that.

Whacked out fuckers like the people on REE attack everyone. Even their own. When you play the who can be more woke than who, it's a race to the fucking bottom. No one wins.

Literally just quoting his own words back to him is taken as a direct personal attack. Asking him to clarify his stances is also a direct personal attack. Even though one of his big thinga is speaking with clarity so people know what you mean, yet magically whatever he says isn't what he means and he has to explain it by saying something different to what he said the first time.

Weird.
Peterson has only grown in reputation because every single time he's challenged he crushes.

lol, i mean wtf do you want bro? Until the guy gets challenged by someone, decently, let's shut the fuck up yeh? Because keyboard warriors going at him doesn't mean anything.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1547 on: May 22, 2018, 05:49:39 PM »
He doesn't "crush" at all.  He deflects.  There's no way anyone can honestly "challenge" him in his and his followers eyes. 
püp

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1548 on: May 22, 2018, 05:49:59 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1549 on: May 22, 2018, 05:52:31 PM »
Jordan Peterson really went off the deep end. He had some interesting takes on society and parallels with History. Some spot-on comments on religion and myths.
Now's he's just putting up more extreme versions of the same idea every day and unlike Alex Jones he's not even funny.

Peterson 2017: "We had the Hero in ancient times, Hercules, muscular man, Thor in Marvel it's all the same in our culture"

Peterson 2018: "If We DoNt EquAllY DiViDeZ Ze WomeN Men WiLl starT KillING EVERYONE"  :derp

Hot take: Peterson disgraced himself and his followers more in 2018 than Donald Trump did  :doge
🤴

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1550 on: May 22, 2018, 05:54:36 PM »
He doesn't "crush" at all.  He deflects.  There's no way anyone can honestly "challenge" him in his and his followers eyes.
Come on, have some goddamn honesty behind you for once. His popularity exploded after that Chanel 4 interview. He destroyed that fucking news reporter.

Same thing he did with the vice news piece when it was edited to make him look ridiculous, when the whole interview was released you see why it was edited.

The problem with a lot of hyper-liberals is they don't LISTEN. Regardless if you find the opinion wrong or not, you should listen and actually try and understand where the person is coming from. They don't do that. So you can't even have a decent discussion.

Peterson 2018: "If We DoNt EquAllY DiViDeZ Ze WomeN Men WiLl starT KillING EVERYONE"  :derp

Can you link or quote exactly what he said.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1551 on: May 22, 2018, 05:58:23 PM »
I do have some honesty.  I've watched that Channel 4 thing, and both of them come off badly.

I've read his nonsense.  I've watched these videos.  And after all that, my opinion of him is exactly what Nathan Robinson opines.

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2018/03/the-intellectual-we-deserve

Keep up the good fight though, ass
püp

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #1552 on: May 22, 2018, 06:01:08 PM »
Speaking of Channel 4, JP reminds me of the guy Mark Corrigan cucked

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1553 on: May 22, 2018, 06:01:42 PM »
I do have some honesty.  I've watched that Channel 4 thing, and both of them come off badly.

:neogaf

ok well then you just can't be impartial. Even his critics recognized how bad that interview looked for the host.

Oblivion

« Reply #1554 on: May 22, 2018, 06:01:50 PM »
That Cathy Newman interview is pretty much going to be Peterson's "four touchdowns in a single high school football game", isn't it?

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1555 on: May 22, 2018, 06:04:24 PM »

ok well then you just can't be impartial. Even his critics recognized how bad that interview looked for the host.

bitch what did I just fucking say.  I said the the host looked bad.  But Peterson's rhetoric is bullshit.

God, you're insufferable
püp

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1556 on: May 22, 2018, 06:06:12 PM »

bitch what did I just fucking say.  I said the the host looked bad.  But Peterson's rhetoric is bullshit.

God, you're insufferable
You stupid bitch you said they both come off badly. He doesn't come off badly at all, you just don't like him, and therefore can't be impartial.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1557 on: May 22, 2018, 06:06:20 PM »
That Cathy Newman interview is pretty much going to be Peterson's "four touchdowns in a single high school football game", isn't it?

yoooooooooooooooooooooo

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1558 on: May 22, 2018, 06:07:11 PM »
Come on, have some goddamn honesty behind you for once. His popularity exploded after that Chanel 4 interview. He destroyed that fucking news reporter.

Same thing he did with the vice news piece when it was edited to make him look ridiculous, when the whole interview was released you see why it was edited.

The problem with a lot of hyper-liberals is they don't LISTEN. Regardless if you find the opinion wrong or not, you should listen and actually try and understand where the person is coming from. They don't do that. So you can't even have a decent discussion.

Can you link or quote exactly what he said.
Violent attacks are what happens when men do not have partners, Mr. Peterson says, and society needs to work to make sure those men are married.
“He was angry at God because women were rejecting him,” Mr. Peterson says of the Toronto killer. “The cure for that is enforced monogamy. That’s actually why monogamy emerges.”
"Enforced monogamy is, to him, simply a rational solution. Otherwise women will all only go for the most high-status men, he explains, and that couldn’t make either gender happy in the end."

Women don't seem to have much say in this 'solution' in Peterson's world. Also I have no pity for the media doing another 'hit job' on poor Jordan. After all he decided to do an interview with the NYT in his home which he himself littered with communist/soviet artifacts. He made himself look like an unhinged lunatic with what he said and how he presented himself. Blaming the journalist for writing that down is just dumb.
🤴

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1559 on: May 22, 2018, 06:07:41 PM »

God, you're insufferable
You stupid bitch you said they both come off badly. He doesn't come off badly at all, you just don't like him, and therefore can't be impartial.

And you don't like anyone who disagrees with his nonsense.  Do you see the fucking recursion here
püp