Author Topic: The Intellectual Wank Dad [ ot ] jordan peterson Jordan Peterson JORDAN PETERSON  (Read 207727 times)

agrajag

Re: The Intellectual Wank Dad [ ot ]
« Reply #1440 on: May 20, 2018, 04:42:48 PM »
Beginning to think this isn't the most rigorous science.

You have a great sense of humor, sir!

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
Re: The Intellectual Dank Wad [ ot ] Hour Long Youtubes unf unf
« Reply #1441 on: May 20, 2018, 05:14:48 PM »
"

Even if we give JP the benefit of the doubt that he's talking about socially "preferenced and standardized monogamy," what's that going to look like? It'll be a taboo about sex before marriage, enforced by punishing women*. Also, he was pretty explicit in the NYT interview that monogamy was meant to solve the problem of young men who had turned against God because they couldn't get dates. So this is very clearly a system where we use social stigma to limit the choice of girls and women, in order to make them fuck the guys who might otherwise become school shooters.

Which is VERY UNCOOL, and considering the incidence of intimate partner violence, probably a bad idea even based on its own shitty internal logic.

You think the system is good right now? Women are being shown that it's cool to dump your man when he isn't making good money anymore, dump his ass and find yourself a prince, girl, because you need to do you and you deserve it because you got a twat between your legs. That's the fucking message out there right now.

I had a female manager one time that honestly said this in front of everyone "next time i go on a date with a guy i'm going to ask to his financial statements before anything gets serious" . My jaw was on the floor, and i thought every other female at lunch at that time was going to look at her like some cunt, but nope, they all nodded in agreement.  :lol

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1442 on: May 20, 2018, 05:15:56 PM »
'kay

agrajag

« Reply #1443 on: May 20, 2018, 05:19:36 PM »
Ah yes, the terrible "system" of everyone having agency over their bodies and life choices we have now.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1444 on: May 20, 2018, 05:21:08 PM »
Ah yes, the terrible "system" of everyone having agency over their bodies and life choices we have now.
Yeah that's what i'm talking about here  ::)

agrajag

« Reply #1445 on: May 20, 2018, 05:22:52 PM »
Be more specific then. What is this system you speak of? And what system would you like to have instead?

Nola

« Reply #1446 on: May 20, 2018, 05:27:58 PM »

You think the system is good right now? Women are being shown that it's cool to dump your man when he isn't making good money anymore, dump his ass and find yourself a prince, girl, because you need to do you and you deserve it because you got a twat between your legs. That's the fucking message out there right now.

I had a female manager one time that honestly said this in front of everyone "next time i go on a date with a guy i'm going to ask to his financial statements before anything gets serious" . My jaw was on the floor, and i thought every other female at lunch at that time was going to look at her like some cunt, but nope, they all nodded in agreement.  :lol

So you hang around with woman that see marriage through the sort of transactional lens in the way that proponents of reinstating pre-feminism patriarchal social norms like yourself are pining for? What is your problem again?

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1447 on: May 20, 2018, 05:37:48 PM »

So you hang around with woman that see marriage through the sort of transactional lens in the way that proponents of reinstating pre-feminism patriarchal social norms like yourself are pining for? What is your problem again?
Yes, naturally women seek power, wealth, etc. It's what they want. Exactly what Peterson has said.

It only gets worse now because if women are naturally like this because of the natural hierarchy of things what's going to happen when there's not enough dudes walking around with a decent fucking job? The outcome that you guys think will happen won't because a woman making good money isn't going to support your fuck ass most of the time.

Like Peterson has said, women have always been the selectors. They are the ones who choose. They already had a ton of power. Society isn't the way it is because of oppression, that's his point.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #1448 on: May 20, 2018, 05:41:58 PM »
what the fuck.

replying to dumb shit intensifies attention whoring idiocy: the thread.
◕‿◕

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1449 on: May 20, 2018, 05:44:58 PM »
like I said, assimilate's trying to step in but clearly doesn't actually give a shit about peterson or this incel nonsense

he's just finding something to do until the pizza guy gets there

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1450 on: May 20, 2018, 05:47:23 PM »
His point is idiotic then.
Your opinion. And we don't know if he's totally right or horribly wrong. From my own personal observation i think a lot of what he says is correct. Looking around at corporate women in their 30s, most of them (the ones i interact with) are miserable and probably wish they didn't go down this road.

And it's kinda funny because they all fantasize about being plucked out of the workforce by a wealthy man.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1451 on: May 20, 2018, 05:54:21 PM »
Everybody in their 30's regrets their life choices. The house wife wishes she went college to have a career, the career women wishes she settled down. So what?

Yeah, we know, Mandark. It's just funny that he tries. Say what you will about etiolate, but the man honed his craft through decades of disingenuous shit-posting.
I don't believe that. That's part of that societal stigma you speak of "women HAVE TO BE unhappy in the house cooking". Yet, when i go to another country, countries in latin america, i don't see disgruntled housewives at all.

I wasn't ordering a pizza Mandark, i was watching Vegas Knights head to the Stanley Cup finals.  :doge

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1452 on: May 20, 2018, 05:58:40 PM »
It's funny cause I figure that normally, Assimilate would love talking shit about a bunch of self-pitying basement dwellers who had turned to overanalyzing literal Disney fairy tales in order to feel better about their place in the world.

But he's trapped by being the forum contrarian, so he has to nominally take the side of swamp witches and lobster sex when his heart's clearly not in it.

Nola

« Reply #1453 on: May 20, 2018, 06:01:36 PM »
Yes, naturally women seek power, wealth, etc. It's what they want. Exactly what Peterson has said.

It only gets worse now because if women are naturally like this because of the natural hierarchy of things what's going to happen when there's not enough dudes walking around with a decent fucking job? The outcome that you guys think will happen won't because a woman making good money isn't going to support your fuck ass most of the time.

Like Peterson has said, women have always been the selectors. They are the ones who choose. They already had a ton of power. Society isn't the way it is because of oppression, that's his point.

Power and wealth are things that human's often want. Hierarchal thinking and behavior is also a pretty universal human trait. Gender is pretty irrelevant in that regard. Peterson isn't exactly exposing some dark truth no one has figured out before.

And lol at woman always being the selectors throughout history. Most of human history is punctuated by conquest, rape, slavery, and forced marriage. Or in the pre-feminism era, an even more overt economic structure that limited woman's ability to be self sufficient or not reliant upon a male for bare minimum financial support. Woman have enjoyed very little agency in that regard throughout history and in most societies. If trying to assert the opposite is one of Peterson's main points, I dare say he is an even bigger moron than I initially thought.

Nola

« Reply #1454 on: May 20, 2018, 06:04:27 PM »
Your opinion. And we don't know if he's totally right or horribly wrong. From my own personal observation i think a lot of what he says is correct. Looking around at corporate women in their 30s, most of them (the ones i interact with) are miserable and probably wish they didn't go down this road.

And it's kinda funny because they all fantasize about being plucked out of the workforce by a wealthy man.

You know who also tends to feel that way about the corporate world? Men.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1455 on: May 20, 2018, 06:08:33 PM »
Women want a high-status older man who's paid off the mortgage on his desiccated tower.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1456 on: May 20, 2018, 06:13:42 PM »
I'm from Saudi Arabia, dude. A lot of forced housewives absolutely are disgruntled and it wouldn't shock me if it doesn't come up in casual conversation, unless you're a weirdo who asks dumb questions all the time.
Let's not talk about extremes. I've seen extremes. I have been in places where there were literally no dudes for women to choose from. Tiny little towns where the capable men all fled, and nothing was left but lowlifes.  Women would marry guys 20,30 years older then them. I've also seen the opposite. Where women became such snobs it was impossible for a guy to talk to a girl.

It's funny cause I figure that normally, Assimilate would love talking shit about a bunch of self-pitying basement dwellers who had turned to overanalyzing literal Disney fairy tales in order to feel better about their place in the world.

But he's trapped by being the forum contrarian, so he has to nominally take the side of swamp witches and lobster sex when his heart's clearly not in it.
It depends. If something i see is like REE where a group of people are trying to forcefully push an agenda by shaming others then i don't have any sympathy. Also, like how a lot of the trans community and their hyper crazy activists have been acting lately.

Plus, i like to work on my sensitive side.  :-[

Nola

« Reply #1457 on: May 20, 2018, 06:16:52 PM »
It depends. If something i see is like REE where a group of people are trying to forcefully push an agenda by shaming others then i don't have any sympathy. Also, like how a lot of the trans community and their hyper crazy activists have been acting lately.

Plus, i like to work on my sensitive side.  :-[

Like calling people distinguished mentally-challenged fellows for not latching onto the group think and narratives you want them to have?

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1458 on: May 20, 2018, 06:19:30 PM »

You know why you're obnoxious Nola? Because it's apparent where you get your thoughts from, and most of everything of what you say you've had no real world experience in. Like, zero. A true keyboard warrior as it would be.

Anyways, the point i was making was you won't find many guys saying "wow i wish i could find me an older wealthy woman to save me from this" . You will be hard pressed to hear that from a guy but it's constantly a reappearing theme for women, women's fantasies, and something they actively strive for.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1459 on: May 20, 2018, 06:21:18 PM »
Now that etiolate is gone I'd love if this thread became the place for those comfy ass long jakefromstatefarm posts.

yeah, my plan is to learn philosophy by saying one wildly ignorant thing each week in this thread, forcing him to correct me with references and footnotes

Nola

« Reply #1460 on: May 20, 2018, 06:29:49 PM »

You know why you're obnoxious Nola? Because it's apparent where you get your thoughts from, and most of everything of what you say you've had no real world experience in. Like, zero. A true keyboard warrior as it would be.

Anyways, the point i was making was you won't find many guys saying "wow i wish i could find me an older wealthy woman to save me from this" . You will be hard pressed to hear that from a guy but it's constantly a reappearing theme for women, women's fantasies, and something they actively strive for.

At least when etiolate tried to personally insult as an attempt to cheat code his way out of losing arguments, he did it with some sincerity....Mostly because he clearly had no chill or capacity to admit fault, let alone self-critique.

I think you've demonstrated those traits as well, but I also tend to think you know that you are mostly trolling with these lame arguments, so I don't feel bad not going into detail about why your personal anecdotal experience isn't really substantive ground to make large social inferences from, I think you know that...Though if your assumptions about me and others on this board are anything to go by, you are piss poor at that game anyways.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 06:37:01 PM by Nola »

Nola

« Reply #1461 on: May 20, 2018, 06:32:23 PM »
Now that etiolate is gone I'd love if this thread became the place for those comfy ass long jakefromstatefarm posts.
Seconded.

The wank dad we need, but not the wank dad we deserve.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1462 on: May 20, 2018, 06:39:25 PM »

I think you've demonstrated those traits as well, but I also tend to think you know that you are mostly trolling with these lame arguments, so I don't feel bad not going into detail about why your personal anecdotal experience isn't really substantive ground to make large social inferences from, I think you know that...
I don't get this train of thought. I don't have the time like some of you do to sit here and go on and on in dumb arguments that do nothing. And i also find it interesting how a lot of keyboard warriors such as yourself pretend you guys like, i dunno, are scholars in various fields because you can google shit?

I'm not a professional in this area. I listen to what Peterson says, i listen to what other profs say, and i weigh that against my personal experiences. I've traveled a lot, i've seen various cultures, and been on both sides of this argument through the years.

What i notice now with my own eyes is that Peterson is not wrong in a lot of what he says. Shrugging this off as some kind of bullshit trolling... i dunno, that's weird logic to me. He's immensely popular for a reason.

People like you, like most on this forum, dismiss the other side constantly as "idiots" or "trolls" or pretend those people are just hateful assholes without ever stopping for a second and thinking maybe you're the ones that are wrong?

agrajag

« Reply #1463 on: May 20, 2018, 06:42:44 PM »
Karl Marx was and is immensely popular.

Pat Robertson is immensely popular.

Donald Trump is immensely popular.

Dr. Oz is immensely popular.

I don't even have to google the proper term for this logical fallacy to show how stupid your line of thinking is.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1465 on: May 20, 2018, 07:08:44 PM »
Karl Marx was and is immensely popular.

Pat Robertson is immensely popular.

Donald Trump is immensely popular.

Dr. Oz is immensely popular.

I don't even have to google the proper term for this logical fallacy to show how stupid your line of thinking is.
Ok? And you never bothered to understand why they were popular? It's obvious that your 'line of thinking' would never lead to a very successful career in any field lol.  You can not agree with someone and still understand why that person may appeal to others.

Nola

« Reply #1466 on: May 20, 2018, 07:17:52 PM »

I don't get this train of thought. I don't have the time like some of you do to sit here and go on and on in dumb arguments that do nothing. And i also find it interesting how a lot of keyboard warriors such as yourself pretend you guys like, i dunno, are scholars in various fields because you can google shit?

I'm not a professional in this area. I listen to what Peterson says, i listen to what other profs say, and i weigh that against my personal experiences. I've traveled a lot, i've seen various cultures, and been on both sides of this argument through the years.

What i notice now with my own eyes is that Peterson is not wrong in a lot of what he says. Shrugging this off as some kind of bullshit trolling... i dunno, that's weird logic to me. He's immensely popular for a reason.

People like you, like most on this forum, dismiss the other side constantly as "idiots" or "trolls" or pretend those people are just hateful assholes without ever stopping for a second and thinking maybe you're the ones that are wrong?

You don't exactly make sophisticated arguments that require a PHD to engage in with Assimilate. Unspecified immigrant culture is making me less safe in America you idiotic liberals can easily be drilled down into by looking at the crime rates of immigrants, legal and otherwise, then measuring them with US crime rates. The problem, like usually happens, is that when presented with contradictory evidence to the opinions you hold, you go off the fucking deep end like etiolate did.

For someone that loves to rail about people's high sensitivity to out-group opinions, it seems to always be you that loses your cool when others push back on statements you make. That seems wholly incapable of engaging with civility with people that don't agree with you. 

spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's also a little  :neogaf to try and project the whole excuse of "I don't have the time like some of you do" for why you can only post at a troll level when you have been on here for 6 months and have 1400 posts.
[close]

agrajag

« Reply #1467 on: May 20, 2018, 07:22:42 PM »
Ok, since you are dumb as a rock, I will explain what I inferred with my examples.

You made an appeal to popularity. He is popular therefore what he is saying must have merit. That is demonstrably false, as all sorts of crazy ideas and cult leaders have amassed large numbers of followers. I know you are trying to be your best to be like your toilet daddy and be a contrarian, but surely you will not argue that there might be something to Hitler's ideas because he was immensely popular?

Second, you made another fallacious argument, and that is an appeal to authority. You mentioned how Peterson is a professor, therefore we should listen to him. That's a roundabout way of you saying that he is smarter than you, therefore you concede to his expertise. Only problem is that he is a doctor in psychology, not in social engineering, and his expertise in that area is overstated. That's kind of like saying that Ben Carson is a great presidential candidate or a great secretary of HUD because he was a brilliant surgeon.

Nola

« Reply #1468 on: May 20, 2018, 07:42:24 PM »
That Shoko Asahara must really have some important truths about achieving healthy religious enlightenment and the benefits of hierarchal cuckoldry. The proof is in the following.

agrajag

« Reply #1469 on: May 20, 2018, 07:44:32 PM »
That Shoko Asahara must really have some important truths about achieving healthy religious enlightenment and the benefits of hierarchal cuckoldry. The proof is in the following.

Oh man, I remember when I was growing up they used to play his brainwashing tv pieces in between morning cartoons.

Nola

« Reply #1470 on: May 20, 2018, 08:13:02 PM »

Oh man, I remember when I was growing up they used to play his brainwashing tv pieces in between morning cartoons.

Some real cult classics.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1471 on: May 20, 2018, 08:58:11 PM »
It just dawned on me that Jordan Peterson is just doing the intellectual, Canadian version of MAGA

Alternately, he's a mild-mannered Jungian professor who was bitten by a radioactive fedora.

Oblivion

« Reply #1472 on: May 20, 2018, 09:23:19 PM »

I think you've demonstrated those traits as well, but I also tend to think you know that you are mostly trolling with these lame arguments, so I don't feel bad not going into detail about why your personal anecdotal experience isn't really substantive ground to make large social inferences from, I think you know that...

It's because Peterson is a goddamned lightweight when it comes to anything aside from psychology (which honestly, should also be viewed with intense skepticism). I mean, this guy's entire understanding of something like postmodernism and cultural marxism has been shaped by literally reading ONE BOOK about them. The man is not a deep thinker by any stretch of the imagination.

Yes, because he gives right-wing idiots pseudointellectual justifications for their already shitty beliefs and worldview. His first book sold a grand total of 500 copies. Nobody gave a shit about this guy until 2016 when he skyrocketed to fame by fearmongering about transgender people. Then he continued to get popular because he went on to shit on feminists, liberal arts departments, and SJWs.

Did you ever find it weird how almost everyone on the Right loves JP and almost no one Left does? And did you ever consider the possibility that the two might be related somehow?

Nola

« Reply #1473 on: May 20, 2018, 09:30:29 PM »
And for the low cost of $200 a month.....

Peterson will reinforce your biases through a workshop and Q and A session where you can cock stroke his ego one on one or ask questions that will  directly tailor his lobster metaphors to your needs.

Long-time Patreons will also have first access to the upcoming "Peterson Online University." Where we are using "the most sophisticated statistical and computational strategies to identify the most relevant domains of knowledge" and using our super secret technology to help determine and shore up your identified weak points.

agrajag

« Reply #1474 on: May 20, 2018, 09:40:37 PM »
what a charlatan

Oblivion

« Reply #1475 on: May 20, 2018, 09:43:01 PM »

This is what seriously gets me. Right-wingers (and apparently Left-wingers with right-wing opinions) love to talk about how manly, and alpha they are, and shit on soy boys, effeminates, and cucks til the cows come home, but but they find themselves having to defend the very same crowd that makes up the latter because shitting on women always seems to take priority. It's the same rationale that arose from shit like Gamergate.

Similarly, I'm pretty sure etoilet was a staunch atheist, but he had to contort himself to defending JP's weirdo mystic beliefs about witches and dragons because somebody needs to defend Daddy's honor.

Tribalism is a helluva drug.

agrajag

« Reply #1476 on: May 20, 2018, 09:47:44 PM »
Also kind of amusing that a scrawny frail-looking old guy who sounds like Kermit the frog, looks like he'll break down into tears any moment and tells stories about standing his ground when confronted by a toddler is their avatar of alpha masculinity.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1477 on: May 20, 2018, 10:02:11 PM »

You don't exactly make sophisticated arguments that require a PHD to engage in with Assimilate. Unspecified immigrant culture is making me less safe in America you idiotic liberals can easily be drilled down into by looking at the crime rates of immigrants, legal and otherwise, then measuring them with US crime rates. The problem, like usually happens, is that when presented with contradictory evidence to the opinions you hold, you go off the fucking deep end like etiolate did.

For someone that loves to rail about people's high sensitivity to out-group opinions, it seems to always be you that loses your cool when others push back on statements you make. That seems wholly incapable of engaging with civility with people that don't agree with you. 

spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's also a little  :neogaf to try and project the whole excuse of "I don't have the time like some of you do" for why you can only post at a troll level when you have been on here for 6 months and have 1400 posts.
[close]

First, Nola wtf you even talking about? When did i ever say immigrants make me feel unsafe here? I don't have patience for people that take what i say and the apply identity politics to it. The Bore is not any different than Ree in this respect.

You made an appeal to popularity. He is popular therefore what he is saying must have merit. That is demonstrably false, as all sorts of crazy ideas and cult leaders have amassed large numbers of followers. I know you are trying to be your best to be like your toilet daddy and be a contrarian, but surely you will not argue that there might be something to Hitler's ideas because he was immensely popular?

Second, love that you tried to make this point because it's a great example of what i was saying and one that Peterson also uses.
Nazis did not just fall from the fucking sky one day. The German people didn't turn into loons overnight. You have to examine the conditions that lead to someone like Hitler. In the same way that Trump appeals to certain people in the U.S that aren't fucking racist bigots. Not everything Trump says is pure madness. 

But none of this will result in anything. You fucks will always fall back on identity politics and that's how things will go.... until Trump wins again.

Right wingers continue to prove that they're the most easily scammed people of modern times.
And liberals don't get fooled? They're just as easily duped. Gwyneth Paltrow sells the same snake oil that Alex Jones does. The anti-vaccine movement is huge within the progress left and let's not get started on applying gender reassignment surgery to children.

Go watch MSNBC and think you're soooo lit with knowledge.

agrajag

« Reply #1478 on: May 20, 2018, 10:05:13 PM »
Oh yes, please do go on. Tell us of the good parts of Nazism that maybe we should look into adopting in our society.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1479 on: May 20, 2018, 10:12:58 PM »
Not everything Trump says is pure madness.

:dead
You would then take this and try and label me a Trump supporter wouldn't you?

Oh yes, please do go on. Tell us of the good parts of Nazism that maybe we should look into adopting in our society.
Who said anything about the good parts of Nazism? It's about understanding the situation that people were in and how Hitler could appeal to them. 

agrajag

« Reply #1480 on: May 20, 2018, 10:15:56 PM »
I understand perfectly what Jordan Peter is saying that appeals to his audience of incels and right wingers that rage against SJ Double U's. Stro posted a perfect summary higher up on the page. I also understand how he uses these losers to make a fortune for himself. What of it?

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1481 on: May 20, 2018, 10:19:30 PM »
I understand perfectly what Jordan Peter is saying that appeals to his audience of incels and right wingers that rage against SJ Double U's. Stro posted a perfect summary higher up on the page. I also understand how he uses these losers to make a fortune for himself. What of it?
Your judging the guy for making money now? Stop being mad you still do retail.

And do you really believe that everyone that listens to Peterson is a right wing nut?

agrajag

« Reply #1482 on: May 20, 2018, 10:21:41 PM »
I said right wingers AND incels, bucko.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1483 on: May 20, 2018, 10:26:35 PM »
I said right wingers AND incels, bucko.
Yeah, and then when someone tries to understand how ordinary young males can fall into this incel shit and automatically you think we're defending it or excusing it.

And do you really believe that everyone that listens to Peterson is a right wing nut?

yes
   :trumps

Nola

« Reply #1484 on: May 20, 2018, 10:30:24 PM »
what a charlatan
I kind of come down more and more on this side as I see the cult of personality around him develop and how he addresses it(and how so many of his followers respond to it).

For a guy that claims to be trying to promote free speech(and the free exchange of ideas), enlighten and improve the critical thinking and well being of young males, as a trained psychologist, he seems to engage in a lot of things you would see in group identity development and manipulation, not positive personal development, and certainly not in pursuit of many of the things he claims to be pursuing.

Like there is very little doubt in my mind that he has studied the minimal group paradigm, or how cult of personality is often nourished though appeals to negative emotion masquerading as enlightenment or wisdom, and recognizes that developing a counter-identity, in this case anti post-marxism/anti-feminism, that is built on top of convoluted messaging and obscured delivery that basically requires his guidance to unlock and understand(but rarely in a completely clear or concise way), or requires personal interpretation, runs smack dab into some of the most counter-productive ways to achieve what he claims on the surface to be his mission of creating free-thinking, self-reliant people pushing for a world of more tolerance to the free exchange of ideas.

agrajag

« Reply #1485 on: May 20, 2018, 10:31:58 PM »
You're back pedaling on what you previously said now. You said this:

Appeal to authority: Peterson is not a "professional in this area" either. Only by virtue that he made this his mission and started making money off it.

Appeal to popularity: you say that Peterson is correct on many points and you back that up with the fact that he is popular.

Notice that nowhere in this quote, or earlier, did you say "maybe we should study and understand why young men are becoming incels and turning to guys like Jordan Peterson." This is a new thing that you're saying now.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1486 on: May 20, 2018, 10:34:02 PM »
You're back pedaling on what you previously said now. You said this:

Appeal to authority: Peterson is not a "professional in this area" either. Only by virtue that he made this his mission and started making money off it.

Appeal to popularity: you say that Peterson is correct on many points and you back that up with the fact that he is popular.

Notice that nowhere in this quote, or earlier, did you say "maybe we should study and understand why young men are becoming incels and turning to guys like Jordan Peterson." This is a new thing that you're saying now.
How about you appeal to my dick in your face?

agrajag

« Reply #1487 on: May 20, 2018, 10:35:30 PM »
good one

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1488 on: May 20, 2018, 10:40:32 PM »
good one
What exactly do you think you're accomplishing by pointing out argumentative fallacies? I"m not having a philosophical debate with you. Everyone appeals to authority in day to day life. I take what Peterson says vs a counter point some other knowledgeable person in the area says against it. I then weigh that with my own personal experiences.

What else am i supposed to do? Go full crazy Nola keyboard warrior and start looking up citation after citation after citation to back up an opinion i already decided on in my mind?

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #1489 on: May 20, 2018, 10:45:20 PM »
i'm sure nudemacusers has some thoughts on the fashions

plus that whole thing about the lesser races

agrajag

« Reply #1490 on: May 20, 2018, 10:45:26 PM »
No, you try to argue in good faith, like your daddy etiolate always said. You know you changed your argument once I called you out on it, just admit it and move on, it's not a big deal. And the reason why I point out the fallacies is because they suggest fallacious reasoning on your part. And I still think you missed the point.

Petereson is a doctor of psychology. He's not an anthropologist, he's not a sociologist, he's not a myth interpreter, he's not a philosopher. That is maybe what he is selling, but his credentials are in clinical psychology. He's the guy that sits you in a leather chair and asks you where Amir0x touched you when you were a kid.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1491 on: May 20, 2018, 10:52:49 PM »
No, you try to argue in good faith, like your daddy etiolate always said. You know you changed your argument once I called you out on it, just admit it and move on, it's not a big deal. And the reason why I point out the fallacies is because they suggest fallacious reasoning on your part. And I still think you missed the point.

No dude, no. I'm not backing off on anything. He's popular for a variety of reasons, if one of those is helping disheartened males maybe there's a reason for that? Maybe there's a problem there that needs addressing. Again, you come into this as a way to win cred or some shit. It's a very inefficient way to have a discussion when all you want to do is paint someone as the loser, racist, bigot, whatever.

etoilet was absolutely right saying no one here really cares to listen or to actually discuss anything. It's a place to shit on opinions the majority don't agree with. That's all it is and that's fine but let's not pretend otherwise.

Nola

« Reply #1492 on: May 20, 2018, 10:53:11 PM »

First, Nola wtf you even talking about? When did i ever say immigrants make me feel unsafe here? I don't have patience for people that take what i say and the apply identity politics to it. The Bore is not any different than Ree in this respect.

I really don't think you know what identity politics actually are Assimilate. They basically seem to just appear as an accusation any time you need a cheap way to passively insult someone and ignore anything they say. Which, as has been the case for some time, is ironically what you love to bitch about other people doing on places like Resetera.

agrajag

« Reply #1493 on: May 20, 2018, 10:54:37 PM »

No dude, no. I'm not backing off on anything. He's popular for a variety of reasons, if one of those is helping disheartened males maybe there's a reason for that? Maybe there's a problem there that needs addressing. Again, you come into this as a way to win cred or some shit. It's a very inefficient way to have a discussion when all you want to do is paint someone as the loser, racist, bigot, whatever.

etoilet was absolutely right saying no one here really cares to listen or to actually discuss anything. It's a place to shit on opinions the majority don't agree with. That's all it is and that's fine but let's not pretend otherwise.

I didn't paint you as anything, you do that just fine as your own.

Anyway, you must be happy as a pig in mud. Look at all the attention you've been getting since your god got banned.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1494 on: May 20, 2018, 10:56:54 PM »
Nobody's pretending anything, Assimilate. You're just a fuckwit.
And you're a round faced softboy. 

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1495 on: May 20, 2018, 11:01:15 PM »
I'm so offended you'd default to non-creative insults you lifted online. Considering your usual projection I'm going to guess that deep down you know that's what you are: A whiny cunt who needs JP to make him feel better.
You're right. From now on you'll just be Unibrow.  :doge

Nola

« Reply #1496 on: May 20, 2018, 11:01:58 PM »
good one
What exactly do you think you're accomplishing by pointing out argumentative fallacies? I"m not having a philosophical debate with you. Everyone appeals to authority in day to day life. I take what Peterson says vs a counter point some other knowledgeable person in the area says against it. I then weigh that with my own personal experiences.

What else am i supposed to do? Go full crazy Nola keyboard warrior and start looking up citation after citation after citation to back up an opinion i already decided on in my mind?

This honestly says quite a lot lol.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1497 on: May 20, 2018, 11:08:25 PM »

Nola, admit to me you're a self hating white male. It keeps you up at night doesn't it?

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #1498 on: May 20, 2018, 11:11:55 PM »
Everyone appeals to authority in day to day life.
Elaborate because...I'm skeptical of this claim, in part because:

I take what Peterson says vs a counter point some other knowledgeable person in the area says against it. I then weigh that with my own personal experiences.
This isn't an appeal to authority, for example.

Nola

« Reply #1499 on: May 20, 2018, 11:20:15 PM »

Nola, admit to me you're a self hating white male. It keeps you up at night doesn't it?

Like I've said, if your loaded reads on people on this forum are indicative of the way you analyze social behavior in your day to day, I suspect your heavy reliance on those anecdotal experiences to shape your worldview, and those people you can find that reinforce them, are an order of magnitude more shitty than someone with even average social IQ doing it...Not that it wasn't already clear in your posts here.