Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 1079720 times)

benjipwns

• sources indicate ending vice presidential bid to pursue NBA head coach/front office vacancies
Re: Other Forums |OT| Book Reading, Free Speech, and Full-Blown Centrists Within
« Reply #58560 on: January 10, 2019, 03:18:50 AM »
Every post I've made on this page of the thread has been replying to people giving excuses as to why this story is suspicious, no big deal, or why we shouldn't be worried about the lack of media interest in this. Someone even said the victim sounded like a crazy person, and another said male victims can't be believed without further investigation. You'd think a moderator would have shown up in this thread by now.
wow at this MRA gator incel backseat moderating :wag
meowr

benjipwns

• sources indicate ending vice presidential bid to pursue NBA head coach/front office vacancies
meowr

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
Re: Other Forums |OT| Book Reading, Free Speech, and Full-Blown Centrists Within
« Reply #58562 on: January 10, 2019, 03:24:23 AM »
This sounds absolutely disgusting and unhygienic. Poor ideas and concepts deserve to fail. You have to be a special kind of asshole to let something like this even happen or think it's a good idea.
Why is everyone so angry on this forum, geez lol

https://www.resetera.com/threads/first-nude-restaurant-in-paris-to-shut-down-after-just-over-a-year-of-opening.92492/page-2#post-16724577
ὕβρις

shosta

• just a thought
« Reply #58563 on: January 10, 2019, 03:27:54 AM »
Clayface would like a shitfest of CGI unfortunately.
You're joking right?

They have the technology to do Clayface properly now.
I have no faith in CGI of constantly flowing mud not consistently looking like a video game boss.
did neither of these people see spiderman 3

or any movie since the turn of the century

benita

« Reply #58564 on: January 10, 2019, 03:40:57 AM »
i can never get over the "antagonizing others" action reason
It's basically punishment for not falling into lockstep.

I got permed with that as the reason because over the course of a week I:

• Refused to fall for Enzom's race baiting in which he insisted over the course of 6 pages and 2 dozen posts that I was "dismissing black people" and eventually admitted that "I'll never believe you're not lying".
  • Responded to a typically judgemental RedMercury post by suggesting that a dude who told a suicidal poster to fuck off was in no position to take the moral high ground
  • Quoted The Kree's post count back at him. Something he does constantly.

That's fucking it.

jorma

« Reply #58565 on: January 10, 2019, 03:44:57 AM »

• Refused to fall for Enzom's race baiting in which he insisted over the course of 6 pages and 2 dozen posts that I was "dismissing black people" and eventually admitted that "I'll never believe you're not lying".
  • Responded to a typically judgemental RedMercury post by suggesting that a dude who told a suicidal poster to fuck off was in no position to take the moral high ground

That's fucking it.

we already know, it was covered extensively itt 
we also knew that you were about to be permed long before you did  :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #58566 on: January 10, 2019, 03:50:21 AM »
User was banned for: giving Enzom21 blue balls
meowr

benjipwns

« Reply #58567 on: January 10, 2019, 03:53:52 AM »
The Nation exposed as alt-right GamerGate hive:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-nation-new-studies-show-pundits-are-wrong-about-russian-social-media-involvement-in-us-politics.92292/
Seems like astroturfing.
From a super quick google: https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-nation/

'The Nation endorsed Bernie Sanders for President in 2016. They also have been criticized for being a Pro-Russia publication by both conservatives and liberals. Here is a quote from the right leaning Washington Free Beacon: “The Nation’s modern day Russia coverage has been criticized as too pro-Putin.'

I don't know how unbiased mediabiasfactcheck is, but I am a little skeptical of The Nation in regard to Russia.
This source doesn't seem to be legit at all
That source is reaaaaaaly fishy.
Article comes out downplaying Russia efforts to guide the election not too shortly before the Mueller report is supposed to drop
🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
I understand they seem to be progressive / leftist, but my concern is more that they've been criticized for being pro-Russia in particular.
Why publicize this clearly bad faith article?
OP, are you posting this because you agree?
Wow. The Nation huh? Did people here already forget the publications clear bias? Surprised this even got posted by the OP without any response to the known leanings of said pub.
Quote from: Finale Fireworker
This thread seems to be going nowhere fast and the nature of the editorial doesn’t seem particularly conducive to good discussion, so this thread is closed to further replies.
meowr

benita

« Reply #58568 on: January 10, 2019, 03:54:55 AM »
It's astonishing how myopic he is. I've never seen him make a single post that didn't revolve around race or more specifically racism.

He was accusing me of dismissing black people because I was defending... Chris fucking Rock, and shitting on 2 white dudes saying the n-word. He legit did not no how would handle me not giving up or telling him to fuck off.

Jenkem

• poop ship destroyer
« Reply #58569 on: January 10, 2019, 04:05:01 AM »
It's astonishing how myopic he is. I've never seen him make a single post that didn't revolve around race or more specifically racism.

He was accusing me of dismissing black people because I was defending... Chris fucking Rock, and shitting on 2 white dudes saying the n-word. He legit did not no how would handle me not giving up or telling him to fuck off.

Stay in your lane.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #58570 on: January 10, 2019, 04:06:58 AM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ResetEra

made an edit :teehee

I don't see that site surviving much longer with its ostensibly terrible policies like "be welcoming to new members" and "assume good faith".
No wonder Jimmy Wales is always looking for handouts, probably from alt right gamergater incels.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #58571 on: January 10, 2019, 04:07:25 AM »

yeah, but what did you really want to call him?

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #58572 on: January 10, 2019, 04:09:40 AM »
This is like that Social Credit situation emerging in China. "BACK TO THE LURK TANK, YOUR OPINION HOLDS NO VALUE MR 46P".
Just mere coincidence that fuckos using their all accounts to post shit takes always follow the same pattern then

https://www.resetera.com/threads/gordon-ramsay-under-fire-for-resurfaced-interview-with-sofia-vergara.92184/page-9#post-16695110

:morans

Exactly. Like 20-40 posts about a Nintendo game/sale or Fortnite, and then a post jumping in to defend bullshit. It's transparent
ὕβρις

shosta

• just a thought
« Reply #58573 on: January 10, 2019, 04:21:15 AM »
The Nation? Didn't they produce that awful Iraq War neocon Christopher Hitchens? Probably Russian supported.

shosta

• just a thought
« Reply #58574 on: January 10, 2019, 04:22:24 AM »
yeah, but what did you really want to call him?
a noogler

benjipwns

« Reply #58575 on: January 10, 2019, 04:24:17 AM »
Ramsey always seemed like the Trump of celebrity chefs.
meowr

benjipwns

« Reply #58576 on: January 10, 2019, 04:28:42 AM »
I think they should take away the ability of juniors to post until they prove they aren't going to be posting in bad faith.
meowr

Jenkem

• poop ship destroyer
« Reply #58577 on: January 10, 2019, 04:34:51 AM »
I think they should take away the ability of juniors to post until they prove they aren't going to be posting in bad faith.

They should make a junior only forum like servers for cheaters in multiplayer games. Of course, you can unlock posting privileges on the senior forum with an Era Clear membership.

Jenkem

• poop ship destroyer
« Reply #58578 on: January 10, 2019, 04:35:08 AM »
"Era Clear"

hah, sounds like an Acne medication...

who is ted danson?

• disney/star wars blogger
« Reply #58579 on: January 10, 2019, 04:39:37 AM »
Prevent juniors from posting until they report 10 posts that result in actioning from the mods. False reports or non-actioned reports reset the counter. Once they pass this, they can progress to the first tier of their posting career: linking to Sony/Nintendo press releases

benjipwns

« Reply #58580 on: January 10, 2019, 04:44:14 AM »
Yes, yes, this is good, I like when we act as the Think Tank for ResetERA.com to better improve its user friendly access to progressive discussion.

It says: "I care."
meowr

Don Rumata

« Reply #58581 on: January 10, 2019, 04:52:02 AM »
Gaf required you to have a paid email? Take it one step further, to post on Era you need a REE neck tattoo.
That'd weed out trolls real fast.

benjipwns

« Reply #58582 on: January 10, 2019, 04:54:28 AM »
That's one way to get all the women that the incels are seducing.
meowr

Tiops

« Reply #58583 on: January 10, 2019, 05:32:11 AM »

That's fucking it.

Well, you bothered Enzom and RedMercury. That's almost a explicit request for a permaban there. Should have added incelsiorlef to the list just to go out with a bang.

Transhuman

« Reply #58584 on: January 10, 2019, 05:39:47 AM »

In his mind the only appropriate response from Chris Rock would be to stop the interview and punch Louis C.K in the jaw.

Transhuman

« Reply #58585 on: January 10, 2019, 05:45:02 AM »
Then Louis C.K's face-mask comes loose, and he tears it off to reveal... Red Skull!

KennyLoggins

benjipwns

« Reply #58587 on: January 10, 2019, 06:09:11 AM »
Amazing how America is so submissive when it comes to that genocide state.
:delicious
meowr

KennyLoggins

« Reply #58588 on: January 10, 2019, 06:19:01 AM »
Can someone give me a list of ways in which I can actually boycott Israel?
Might as well just try to piss off these lobbyists more.

fillerLobbyistsrellif

jorma

« Reply #58590 on: January 10, 2019, 06:38:11 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cnn-lady-gaga-facing-pressure-to-condemn-r-kelly-with-whom-she-collaborated-as-recently-as-2015-up-gaga-responds.92472/

This whole thread.  Think that celebrities are your friends, brehs.

"we see her as an ally, therefore she absolutely has an obligation to say the things we want her to say, and do the things we want her to do"

BIONIC

• Liberal Brazilian Trucker #UncalcifyBobby He/She
« Reply #58591 on: January 10, 2019, 06:39:31 AM »
The only good things to come out of R. Kelly’s wretched existence is the opening scene in Space Jam, and this music video:

Drip drip drip  :rkelly
Kcils

VomKriege

• 韬光养晦
« Reply #58592 on: January 10, 2019, 06:45:01 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cnn-lady-gaga-facing-pressure-to-condemn-r-kelly-with-whom-she-collaborated-as-recently-as-2015-up-gaga-responds.92472/

This whole thread.  Think that celebrities are your friends, brehs.

and people were mad she didnt win the other day

...but I always knew there was something fishy.
ὕβρις

agrajag

• As a man of few words, preferring passion and belief to be carried out upon, I am bemused to careless and reckless dialog for no other purpose than to make myself heard among the masses plagued by willful ignorance.
« Reply #58593 on: January 10, 2019, 06:51:30 AM »
You know it shows your name when you report a post, right
remember at the launch when all those idiots put in their real name for their username :lol

selfdoxx

benjipwns

« Reply #58594 on: January 10, 2019, 06:51:36 AM »
Seems to me to just want to ignore the fact she made a boatload of cash and got to introduce herself with his massive fan base. I don’t think you can overlook how that song helped her career and fan base.
R. Kelly invented Lady Gaga in 2013.
meowr

benjipwns

« Reply #58595 on: January 10, 2019, 06:53:36 AM »
Why does no one care about how this affects the legacy of Space Jam?!?!?
meowr

Crash Dummy

« Reply #58596 on: January 10, 2019, 06:58:37 AM »
i'm listening to ignition remix right now, don't @ me

agrajag

• As a man of few words, preferring passion and belief to be carried out upon, I am bemused to careless and reckless dialog for no other purpose than to make myself heard among the masses plagued by willful ignorance.
« Reply #58597 on: January 10, 2019, 06:59:48 AM »
has Shawn Bradley commented on the situation?

benjipwns

« Reply #58598 on: January 10, 2019, 07:05:17 AM »
You know, for having the power to steal anyone's basketball ability the Monstars sure made some questionable choices.
meowr

benjipwns

« Reply #58599 on: January 10, 2019, 07:07:32 AM »
Seems like the most obvious pick to me if I want to take over a planet or whatever the fuck was the macguffin:
meowr

BIONIC

• Liberal Brazilian Trucker #UncalcifyBobby He/She
« Reply #58600 on: January 10, 2019, 07:07:42 AM »
You know, for having the power to steal anyone's basketball ability the Monstars sure made some questionable choices.

Can’t really blame them though. Who could’ve guessed Bill Murray was the real best basketball player of all time?
Kcils

benjipwns

« Reply #58601 on: January 10, 2019, 07:37:29 AM »
i accidentally came across this thread but i'm glad it's categorized this way. trans people ARE their own thing and grouping them in with everyone else would cause more problems than it would solve. sorry if this is.. like, drive-by posting or something, but i wanted to put my on opinion in

:hitler
meowr

PsychoBee

« Reply #58602 on: January 10, 2019, 07:43:07 AM »
real talk: kinda glad to see people leaving ree even if it requires them getting banned in the process

ree now reminds me a lot of what gamergate was like on the inside, and it's highly disturbing how cult-like it is tbqh

some of the more casual posters and people on the fringe may not notice it, but a lot of people, especially a lot of posts that show up here, are definitely prime example of "wow this is fucking unsettling"

Isolate yourself from your friends and family if they don't agree with what ree tells you is right (which is ever increasingly extremist and delusional to the point most rational people will look at you funny): check
group reinforcement that *they* are your true friends and you need to just stick with *them*: check
positive reinforcement for "thinking the right thoughts" and extremely negative feedback for not thinking with the group, to the point of warnings/bans: check

there's a lot more at play there, but overall the site has taken such a turn that I don't think they've even realized what they've become, and I don't think they possess the self awareness to ever really grasp it. if it's point out, "oh you're just a troll" and the idea is instantly dismissed bc your support structure (ree) is there to tell you otherwise

& before banana saltdae comes along and yells "ur just mad bc u got banned" I haven't been banned yet, I just actively stopped posting there bc the site is so negative it became bad for my mental health, being around people that are so angry all the time was legitimately affecting me

the real internet hate machine was the internet forum we made fun of all along
dumb

Occam

I think era are racists.

Of course they are. Believing in the existence of separate human races (aka racial theory) makes you a racist.
I genuinely don't understand why you are so hung up on this line.

The rest of the modern world will continue to operate no matter how much you continue to yell "You're Proving Hitler Right!" whenever someone even mentions race in regards to racial identity/inequality/politics etc.

You need to take off your edge.

Drink, jack off, and/or eat at Taco Bell. Do something.

Sorry for the late reply. While the concept itself (believing in the existence of separate human races makes you racist) is simple enough, most (Americans) seem to have a hard time to grasp it. Keeping this idiocy alive doesn't prove Hitler right, it perpetuates his mental poison [edit: to clarify, I'm using Hitler as a generic term here; he didn't invent racism].
The reason I brought it up more than once in this thread is because of the constant race-nonsense at Resetera. Many of their "prominent" members/mods are indeed incredibly racist. A while ago they actually permed a French member who explained that black Frenchmen generally don't consider themselves African-French, but simply French, which is exactly how it should be.

This issue is the root cause of lots of nonsense that they seem to believe in at Resetera, like "cultural appropriation", "racial identity" and so on. That's why I think it bears repeating.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 07:59:40 AM by Occam »

benjipwns

« Reply #58604 on: January 10, 2019, 08:39:16 AM »
[edit: to clarify, I'm using Hitler as a generic term here; he didn't invent racism]
No, but he was the founder of GamerGate.
meowr

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #58605 on: January 10, 2019, 08:50:53 AM »
This is getting embarrassing

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pewdiepie-promotes-known-white-supremacist-again.92504/

Pewdiepie watched a compilation of tiktok videos that features an altright guy for five seconds. He doesn't promote him, he doesn't mention his name and the guy's face isn't recognizable to anyone who isn't deep into the right wing scene.

KennyLoggins

« Reply #58606 on: January 10, 2019, 08:50:55 AM »
Dude, Serbia was starting its Gamergate operations while Hitler was still  tinting postcards. :gurl. :ufup

archduke  Franz Ferdinand, the first victim of Gamergate, never forget. :salute

joeboy101

• Treasurer for Big Conservative Money
« Reply #58607 on: January 10, 2019, 08:52:12 AM »
[edit: to clarify, I'm using Hitler as a generic term here; he didn't invent racism]
No, but he was the founder of GamerGate.

Tripon

« Reply #58608 on: January 10, 2019, 09:01:07 AM »
This is getting embarrassing

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pewdiepie-promotes-known-white-supremacist-again.92504/

Pewdiepie watched a compilation of tiktok videos that features an altright guy for five seconds. He doesn't promote him, he doesn't mention his name and the guy's face isn't recognizable to anyone who isn't deep into the right wing scene.

By that logic, people on resetera are promoting the white supremacist person because they made a thread and had to explain why this is 'such a big deal' and 'problematic'. Also, The Bore is now promoting white supremacy by linking to resetera.  :doge
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 09:05:30 AM by Tripon »

Occam

« Reply #58609 on: January 10, 2019, 09:09:04 AM »
real talk: kinda glad to see people leaving ree even if it requires them getting banned in the process

ree now reminds me a lot of what gamergate was like on the inside, and it's highly disturbing how cult-like it is tbqh

some of the more casual posters and people on the fringe may not notice it, but a lot of people, especially a lot of posts that show up here, are definitely prime example of "wow this is fucking unsettling"

Isolate yourself from your friends and family if they don't agree with what ree tells you is right (which is ever increasingly extremist and delusional to the point most rational people will look at you funny): check
group reinforcement that *they* are your true friends and you need to just stick with *them*: check
positive reinforcement for "thinking the right thoughts" and extremely negative feedback for not thinking with the group, to the point of warnings/bans: check

there's a lot more at play there, but overall the site has taken such a turn that I don't think they've even realized what they've become, and I don't think they possess the self awareness to ever really grasp it. if it's point out, "oh you're just a troll" and the idea is instantly dismissed bc your support structure (ree) is there to tell you otherwise

& before banana saltdae comes along and yells "ur just mad bc u got banned" I haven't been banned yet, I just actively stopped posting there bc the site is so negative it became bad for my mental health, being around people that are so angry all the time was legitimately affecting me

the real internet hate machine was the internet forum we made fun of all along

Good post. The reason why most remaining members don't notice the insanity is because it developed gradually, while their bubble prevents them from objectively observing the outside world and noticing the discrepancy. For the first couple of months you could have rational discussions on Resetera. Then you were forced to conform (which seems to be an automatic and subconscious process for most) or leave.
And yes, Resetera drags you down and makes you feel bad. Deciding not to post there anymore was a very liberating experience. Anyone who would like to regain a more positive outlook and just feel better in general should just leave that mental prison.

benjipwns

« Reply #58610 on: January 10, 2019, 09:09:48 AM »
what if some of the kids found therealbakedalaska funny and looked him up and start getting pushed nazi agenda and start believing that shit.
yeah, what if?
meowr

benjipwns

« Reply #58611 on: January 10, 2019, 09:10:46 AM »
He is clearly doing this to provoke a response from the Liberal Media.

He's constantly using memes from 4chan and saying that was from Reedit, using Ben Shapiro clips, including far-right memes, like memes about Obama...

He's doing this as a part of his war against Media
When are people going to accept he is just another Nazi promoting their hate agenda. No more excuses.
Wait are you people saying he's not a white supremacist or don't sympathize with those motherfukers?
I'm not saying that Pewdiepie as a whole is innocent. He's at best a Naz-sympathizer and at worst a full-blown nazi himself.
these guys get it
meowr

benjipwns

« Reply #58612 on: January 10, 2019, 09:13:53 AM »
User Banned (3 Days): Pattern of trolling and dismissive behavior in sensitive topics
sensitive topics
PewDiePie
meowr

benjipwns

« Reply #58613 on: January 10, 2019, 09:16:42 AM »
User Banned (Duration Pending): Excusing bigotry, inflammatory false equivalencies surrounding prejudice, dismissing global intolerance
:whoo
meowr

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
Oi Oi

benjipwns

« Reply #58615 on: January 10, 2019, 09:19:49 AM »
Fuck this piece of shit.

Stay safe in your sweet little blubble ERA. Lmao, no wonder people look down to this Place, can't blame them
Hey! Fuck you! Take your bullshit somewhere else.

He got famous with streaming videogame and got really rich with it. Just like that Ninja guy. I think lots are just jealous and copying others their opinions for having a legit reason to hate him. Some are surely legit against him... most of them are just salty i guess.
I guess repeatedly promoting anti-Semitic and racist videos is cool with you, so fuck you too!
:lol
meowr

benjipwns

« Reply #58616 on: January 10, 2019, 09:21:40 AM »
What hole do people like you crawl out of? It's really strange how posts like these pop up every time there's a thread about something like this.
You probably won't be truthful, but I'm generally curious:
  • Who do you get your marching orders from?
  • Where do you get your marching orders from? GAF? KiwiFarms? KotakuInAction? 4chan? A Discord channel?
  • Are low-effort posts like this satisfying some sort of hazing ritual you need to fulfill to on some other site?
Unironically posting what amounts to a "lul safe space" meme in 2019 is just too much.
:putin
meowr

benjipwns

« Reply #58617 on: January 10, 2019, 09:25:38 AM »
It's more then that even. How many times has this asshat done this "oopsie Nazis" thing? That whole "maybe he didn't know thing is long past. He is a legit Nazi simpathizer now.
meowr

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot™
« Reply #58618 on: January 10, 2019, 09:25:48 AM »

What hole do people like you crawl out of? It's really strange how posts like these pop up every time there's a thread about something like this.
You probably won't be truthful, but I'm generally curious:
  • Who do you get your marching orders from?
  • Where do you get your marching orders from? GAF? KiwiFarms? KotakuInAction? 4chan? A Discord channel?
  • Are low-effort posts like this satisfying some sort of hazing ritual you need to fulfill to on some other site?
Unironically posting what amounts to a "lul safe space" meme in 2019 is just too much.
:putin

From Fuhrer Pewdiepie.

benjipwns

« Reply #58619 on: January 10, 2019, 09:29:29 AM »
have they always had this option?
meowr