Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5882413 times)

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
Re: Other Forums |OT| The Desperation For Outrage
« Reply #58560 on: February 04, 2019, 09:09:51 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-you-hold-any-resentment-for-the-fact-that-things-you-were-made-fun-of-liking-before-are-cool-now.97428/

this thread :lol

Yeah, nerds, you were picked on because you were nerds, you fuckin nerd ass nerds. Eat a dick, both of you. You both have this idea that everyone who was bullied or picked on was some nerded out weirdo who made their obsession their everything, meanwhile I was one of many kids who got picked on, beat up and attacked just for liking role playing games or being in drama. We had a fucking wrestling team break in the doors to the theatre while we were rehearsing, because SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS. Nice to know the attitude is still that getting picked on is my fault, 20 years later.

So he was beat up for being a nerd?

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #58561 on: February 04, 2019, 09:10:43 AM »
the fuck?

also, :lol

I am. As a cis male, I am.

BABIES ARE NOT BORN WITH ANY DISTINGUISHING STRENGTH CHARACTERISTICS.

I realize I may seem like splitting hairs, but have you ever SEEN a baby? Again, hormones around puberty start defining the extra muscle mass guys accumulate in adolescence. Again, read the studies in the OP.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #58562 on: February 04, 2019, 09:12:11 AM »
secret good part about that resentment thread is the OP getting increasingly angry at people dismissing his premise

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #58563 on: February 04, 2019, 09:14:19 AM »
the fuck?

(Image removed from quote.)

Of course his friend is wrong. He transitioned into male privilege. He needs to shut up and listen

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #58564 on: February 04, 2019, 09:14:49 AM »

marrec

benjipwns

« Reply #58566 on: February 04, 2019, 09:29:49 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/metro-exodus-devs-interviewed-about-working-conditions-at-4a-games-and-their-crunch-culture-epic-store-release.97562/

lmao at locking this thread after five hours and 64 replies BECAUSE:
Please do not make threads to promote your own content. If somebody else wants to make a topic that's fine but we do not allow self promotion threads like this.

so now somebody has to see the thread (increasingly unlikely as it falls past the third page) and make a new one on the content to start the discussion all over again

marrec

« Reply #58567 on: February 04, 2019, 09:32:40 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/metro-exodus-devs-interviewed-about-working-conditions-at-4a-games-and-their-crunch-culture-epic-store-release.97562/

lmao at locking this thread after five hours and 64 replies BECAUSE:
Please do not make threads to promote your own content. If somebody else wants to make a topic that's fine but we do not allow self promotion threads like this.

so now somebody has to see the thread (increasingly unlikely as it falls past the third page) and make a new one on the content to start the discussion all over again

Steam ERA is going to get someone to post it, anything to tangentially discredit Epic Games Store.

benjipwns

« Reply #58568 on: February 04, 2019, 09:34:00 AM »
not surprised you're storefrontphobic to go along with tranmsphobic

benjipwns

« Reply #58569 on: February 04, 2019, 09:37:16 AM »
Yeah when your headline study is on the self reported long distance running times of eight people over the course of several years, there is no way that you can state that there is no advantage in powerlifting which is an entirely different sport. There may not be an advantage but it should be evaluated.
great, now they're all over the thread, this is terrible, nice science based discussion is being thrown out because of these sneaky fuckers

benjipwns

« Reply #58570 on: February 04, 2019, 09:38:37 AM »
Like, what about Basketball? Everyone who is over 2m large have an inherent advantage over people who are not as large. Everyone who is over 2,1m have an avantage over those. Guess what: They are still not banned. Because that would be insane and differences in physicality are just an everyday reality. So if a guy is 15 cm taller than another guy, giving him an advantage in playing the sport? Well, that's just the way it is, we can't just forbid him from playing Basketball, can we? That would be crazy!
this is stupid, you're stupid

It's inane and the thought process only works if you still think that sex and gender are completely binary and every women is comptley the same as every other woman, simply because they have a vagina.
typical incel logic, women are only vaginas

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #58571 on: February 04, 2019, 09:40:08 AM »
don't be a piece of shit. not difficult criteria to maintain.

benjipwns

« Reply #58572 on: February 04, 2019, 09:44:35 AM »
Why does ice have any fucking opinion on his persona?

Also he lived there since 12. How would it make what he said fake until proven?
The discussions in this thread are a good reminder why ICE will get away with literally anything
:lol

benjipwns

« Reply #58574 on: February 04, 2019, 09:51:08 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/this-is-still-the-best-villain-entrance-to-date-rip-smallville-and-the-wb.97599/
Quote from: Slayven
Somebody was paid good gold backed currency for that line, AND went home and slept good that night. Only in America.
You probably post about me on another board.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #58577 on: February 04, 2019, 10:03:12 AM »
I'd just Like to say that that mod edit in the OP is fantastic, bless you mods. Glad transphobia is not tolerated on this site
:salute

benjipwns

« Reply #58578 on: February 04, 2019, 10:04:07 AM »
So what are the chances that ICE has access to some NSA federal database and some ICEhole decided to check him out after his comments about kids at the border and then decide to do this as retribution?
why would they need a "NSA federal database" rather than their own immigration records ???

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #58579 on: February 04, 2019, 10:05:17 AM »
Is this insinuating that POCs can't be TERFS?

(I hate myself for typing that out)

POCs can be white supremacists

So I've noticed a lot of people on my timeline have started using "white supremacy" as a synonym for the Establishment / the Status Quo / Orthodoxy when.... its not the same fucking thing at all.

Like, I'm sure if you made a venn diagram of Hot Button Issues, you'd find White Supremacists in the middle as anti everything, but I'm equally sure you'll find militant Black Supremacists in the anti gay rights / womens independence / trans acceptance overlap circles (and actually in agreement with a number of specific ideals espoused by white supremacists).

The TERF position isn't coming from a place of racial bias, and its baffling to pretend it is, other than I guess saying "I'm fighting WHITE SUPREMACY!" sounds better than "I'm trying to disrupt certain orthodox preconceptions" I guess.
I mean, Apartheid wasn't that fucking long ago guys.

The TERF position is coming from the same place that the blacklivesmatter reluctance to de-emphasise that its about black lives; its a cause that people have fought for on very specific criteria, and are reluctant to see co-opted by people who might broadly align but do not fit that criteria.
I mean, you can disagree with that position, but claiming its something that it isn't is not conducive to discourse or finding agreement on general principles.

benjipwns

« Reply #58580 on: February 04, 2019, 10:05:32 AM »
i think KSweeley deliberately makes titles as long as he can as a "silent" protest against the forum designs broken table, all his threads on the first two pages are like this
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ibm-ai-developed-food-products-to-launch-mid-2019-ibm-announces-collaboration-with-mccormick-company-for-ai-developed-food-products.97605/
...another one

benjipwns

« Reply #58581 on: February 04, 2019, 10:06:38 AM »
Are you sure that defending Shield Hero is the hill you want to die on? Think about this for literally more than one second.
newsfeed

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #58582 on: February 04, 2019, 10:08:27 AM »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey

benjipwns

« Reply #58584 on: February 04, 2019, 10:11:04 AM »
no coke, pepsi

Propagandhim

« Reply #58585 on: February 04, 2019, 10:14:42 AM »
If everything was just about hormones, the schlubby-but-strong dude at my gym abusing dianobol, who probably maintains a serum test level to that of a gorilla, would look like Phil Heath.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #58586 on: February 04, 2019, 10:15:33 AM »
On the one hand, that 21 savage thread is embarassing how the only UK hip hop you yankees know is Mans Not Hot

on the other hand, the welcome return of Mans Not Hot meme

:nothot

jorma

« Reply #58587 on: February 04, 2019, 10:15:47 AM »

So I've noticed a lot of people on my timeline have started using "white supremacy" as a synonym for the Establishment / the Status Quo / Orthodoxy when.... its not the same fucking thing at all.

Like, I'm sure if you made a venn diagram of Hot Button Issues, you'd find White Supremacists in the middle as anti everything, but I'm equally sure you'll find militant Black Supremacists in the anti gay rights / womens independence / trans acceptance overlap circles (and actually in agreement with a number of specific ideals espoused by white supremacists).

The TERF position isn't coming from a place of racial bias, and its baffling to pretend it is, other than I guess saying "I'm fighting WHITE SUPREMACY!" sounds better than "I'm trying to disrupt certain orthodox preconceptions" I guess.

The TERF position is coming from the same place that the blacklivesmatter reluctance to de-emphasise that its about black lives; its a cause that people have fought for on very specific criteria, and are reluctant to see co-opted by people who might broadly align but do not fit that criteria.
I mean, you can disagree with that position, but claiming its something that it isn't is not conducive to discourse or finding agreement on general principles.

i mean.. did you read the rest of those tweets that benji posted? "discourse" is probably not ever on the menu here :lol

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #58588 on: February 04, 2019, 10:17:14 AM »
i mean.. did you read the rest of those tweets that benji posted? "discourse" is probably not ever on the menu here :lol

yeah, its not the loonies I'm worried about, its the otherwise reasonable folks who've started doing it

marrec

« Reply #58589 on: February 04, 2019, 10:19:56 AM »

I was just replying to Cauliflower helping to clear up they're misunderstanding.

On the topic of TERF = White Supremacy, it's certainly possible that trans-exclusion could lead one toward white supremacist groups because they truck in some of the same ideology, but they are not one in the same at all and I'd imagine that most TERFs would be vehemently against the idea of a white ethnostate.

However, the status quo as a stand in for white supremacy isn't weird considering... white supremacy is the status quo in America. People conflating the two is natural.

benjipwns

« Reply #58590 on: February 04, 2019, 10:20:47 AM »
ERA MODS, PLEASE UPDATE THE INAPPROPRIATE COMMENTARY LIST, THIS IS ANOTHER YOU CAN CONNECT WITH PERSONALLY:

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #58591 on: February 04, 2019, 10:23:17 AM »

jorma

« Reply #58592 on: February 04, 2019, 10:24:01 AM »

I was just replying to Cauliflower helping to clear up they're misunderstanding.

On the topic of TERF = White Supremacy, it's certainly possible that trans-exclusion could lead one toward white supremacist groups because they truck in some of the same ideology, but they are not one in the same at all and I'd imagine that most TERFs would be vehemently against the idea of a white ethnostate.

However, the status quo as a stand in for white supremacy isn't weird considering... white supremacy is the status quo in America. People conflating the two is natural.

not really, white surpremacist groups are heavily male dominated and TERFS are women that hate men so fucking much they aren't gonna let a single one get away by becoming a woman. they aren't trucking in the same ideology at all.

benjipwns

« Reply #58593 on: February 04, 2019, 10:25:29 AM »
Free 21
Abolish ICE

for a supposedly "progressive" forum a lot of y'all are missing the point here
MUST BE ON AT ALL TIMES, NO FUN ALLOWED

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #58594 on: February 04, 2019, 10:27:12 AM »
"clear things up" by posting stupid shit.

:lol

benjipwns

« Reply #58595 on: February 04, 2019, 10:28:24 AM »
If there’s anything frivolous I’ve learned from transitioning, it’s why women’s and men’s sports are divided. My baseline strength is pathetic now, to the point that I’m legitimately worried about mens’ ability to throw me around at their convenience.
wtf another one, i'm no doctor, but you are seriously doing something wrong ladies

benjipwns

« Reply #58596 on: February 04, 2019, 10:29:19 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/usa-powerlifting-bans-all-trans-women-from-competing-as-women-read-op.97448/post-17563566
deleted.
MODS, REVERT THIS POST PLS AND BAN

https://www.resetera.com/threads/usa-powerlifting-bans-all-trans-women-from-competing-as-women-read-op.97448/post-17563908
that study shows there's still a chance they will have the genetic advantage that a ciswoman couldn't have possibly achieved naturally.
GET THIS ONE TOO PLS

THX, A FAN
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 10:33:24 AM by benjipwns »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #58597 on: February 04, 2019, 10:34:01 AM »

I mean, I'm not gonna go balls deep on this one because I'm not american, I don't live in america, and I haven't been to america since george dubya was president, but equating americas unique cocktail of social issues to being a white supremacist state reeks to me of first world problems while there are still currently regimes actively pursuing ethnic cleansing

marrec

« Reply #58598 on: February 04, 2019, 10:35:02 AM »

not really, white surpremacist groups are heavily male dominated and TERFS are women that hate men so fucking much they aren't gonna let a single one get away by becoming a woman. they aren't trucking in the same ideology at all.

The same ideology of exclusion. One can necessarily lead to another if you are immersing yourself in the wrong places.

benjipwns

« Reply #58599 on: February 04, 2019, 10:46:11 AM »
Quote from: Gender: Male
Seems like the best way to do this is get rid of gender based sports and instead base it on their weight and other measurable attributes.
Honestly before reading the articles I was of the belief they had an inherent advantage and was skeptical.
Based on the data I see no harm in allowing trans to compete in there chosen fields.
Its clear that more research needs to be done but until its proven one way or another inclusion seems the only sensible option.
The default answer should be to let everybody compete and figure things out from there.
Or they could just allow women to compete with women. If it's as obvious as some of you make out it is then all the trans women will rise the top of their respective sports right? Then there will be a clear evidence base to work with.
I rather let trans folk be let in, and then after some time when enough and concrete data is had, make a decision whether segregating trans folk is warranted.
The question is, what to do or don’t do while all the sports associations figures out the new rules. A BAN is not a rule, is a lack of trying. Not doing anything is not that good either.
what's with all these men posting what they'd let women do? why are they not shutting up and listening to what the women decide, whatever it may be?

this is why packs of women are leaving in trams

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #58600 on: February 04, 2019, 10:55:24 AM »
Seems like the best way to do this is get rid of gender based sports and instead base it on their weight and other measurable attributes.
Honestly before reading the articles I was of the belief they had an inherent advantage and was skeptical.
Based on the data I see no harm in allowing trans to compete in there chosen fields.
Its clear that more research needs to be done but until its proven one way or another inclusion seems the only sensible option.
The default answer should be to let everybody compete and figure things out from there.
Or they could just allow women to compete with women. If it's as obvious as some of you make out it is then all the trans women will rise the top of their respective sports right? Then there will be a clear evidence base to work with.
I rather let trans folk be let in, and then after some time when enough and concrete data is had, make a decision whether segregating trans folk is warranted.
The question is, what to do or don’t do while all the sports associations figures out the new rules. A BAN is not a rule, is a lack of trying. Not doing anything is not that good either.
what's with all these men posting what they'd let women do? why are they not shutting up and listening to what the women decide, whatever it may be?

this is why packs of women are leaving in trams

©@©™

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #58601 on: February 04, 2019, 10:57:48 AM »
Resetera policy is that anyone concern posting about genetic advantages by transgender women in competitive sports or claiming transgender women have genetic advantages will be treated as transphobia and/or spreading misinformation on a sensitive issue and moderated appropriately.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #58602 on: February 04, 2019, 10:59:19 AM »

Official staff communication about staff communication.

:girlaff

GUYS LISTEN TO US!

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #58603 on: February 04, 2019, 10:59:29 AM »

marrec

« Reply #58604 on: February 04, 2019, 11:00:15 AM »
It's simply anti-science to quote a single poorly concepted and executed study as the definitive answer to this question, I can't post that though because it would be "concern trolling" and I'd be banned :-/

https://m.twitch.tv/playapex

1 min 2 go

Is there a youtube stream my work banned twitch after I watched too much DOTA

benjipwns

« Reply #58605 on: February 04, 2019, 11:02:11 AM »
OP being a Good Male:
I know your banned but it seems like you didn't even read the mod edit which had the facts.

But the post below them is still spreading misinformation:
It's ultimately still not correct to say the science on this is settled, and to cite studies that don't come to that same conclusion

the debate between keeping a honeypot open and locking it must be intense in the discord

benjipwns

« Reply #58606 on: February 04, 2019, 11:03:29 AM »
It's simply anti-science to quote a single poorly concepted and executed study as the definitive answer to this question, I can't post that though because it would be "concern trolling" and I'd be banned :-/
that's because you have a history of a history of similar of similar infractions

benjipwns

« Reply #58607 on: February 04, 2019, 11:05:35 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ice-has-arrested-21-savage-and-are-claiming-he%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%9Cunlawfully-in-the-u-s-%E2%80%9D.97470/post-17564275
Yeah, I can't make a joke about a genuinely evil piece of shit like McCain after he died (not even about his death) who literally went out of his way to murder innocent people and put forward legislation that ruined lives. Yet taking the piss out of somebody who's being deported after he contributed a ridiculous amount to both the US economy (next to a regular person) and his Atlanta community by an institutionally racist organisation that murders kids and destroys family is fair game.
lol at the butthurt over a three day ban back in August

benjipwns

« Reply #58608 on: February 04, 2019, 11:06:18 AM »
I'm not really seeing what's funny at all about any of this but maybe it's because I don't know who 21 Savage is?
that's usually how it works

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #58609 on: February 04, 2019, 11:07:34 AM »
https://m.twitch.tv/playapex

1 min 2 go

Is there a youtube stream my work banned twitch after I watched too much DOTA

Looks like a troll. They're saying that it's gonna be 4 more hours. rn now the stream is just grass.

benjipwns

« Reply #58610 on: February 04, 2019, 11:08:23 AM »
I SEE LOTS OF DICKS

EDIT: A TOUCAN

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #58611 on: February 04, 2019, 11:08:30 AM »
Why do West and Vince Zampella find it so easy to betray people

benjipwns

« Reply #58612 on: February 04, 2019, 11:09:28 AM »
Jason West retired six years ago breh

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #58613 on: February 04, 2019, 11:10:09 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ice-has-arrested-21-savage-and-are-claiming-he%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%9Cunlawfully-in-the-u-s-%E2%80%9D.97470/post-17564275
Yeah, I can't make a joke about a genuinely evil piece of shit like McCain after he died (not even about his death) who literally went out of his way to murder innocent people and put forward legislation that ruined lives. Yet taking the piss out of somebody who's being deported after he contributed a ridiculous amount to both the US economy (next to a regular person) and his Atlanta community by an institutionally racist organisation that murders kids and destroys family is fair game.
lol at the butthurt over a three day ban back in August

I need a citation on the claim that John McCain murdered people that weren't right in his way.
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #58614 on: February 04, 2019, 11:11:13 AM »
I mean it's pretty obvious to me that Harris will win this Primary unless she has a Howard Dean level snafu. It feels kind of inevitable.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #58615 on: February 04, 2019, 11:12:17 AM »
Outside of being a soldier, McCain went out of his way to murder innocent people?

and they let him stay in the senate!!!!!???!!

I mean it's pretty obvious to me that Harris will win this Primary unless she has a Howard Dean level snafu. It feels kind of inevitable.

Harris is gonna win this easily, but a howard dean esque meme is gonna sack her.

:doge

benjipwns

« Reply #58616 on: February 04, 2019, 11:13:49 AM »
and even if the associations decide to wait for a while to getter data of transgenders competing as Nephtis suggests, it should be acknowledged, so it can't be used as a weapon to hurt the Transgender’s collective.
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

benjipwns

« Reply #58617 on: February 04, 2019, 11:15:39 AM »
I just wish people on forums would stop judging others based on whether or not they have an ‘anime avatar’. It’s common to see a user’s post completely ignored and just responded with a quote of their avatar. And if you don’t like this, you get called a “walking persecution complex”.

I just think it’s shitty. I could understand slightly if someone used an image of a male MC surrounded with girls at his feet but not a freaking Serial Experiments Lain, Priss from Bubblegum Crisis or Poppi alpha avatar. Liking anime doesn’t equal bad person.
found Joe's alt

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #58618 on: February 04, 2019, 11:15:39 AM »
Also having a primaries thread(with the everything must go in here rule!) is just having poliera in the general section.

benjipwns

« Reply #58619 on: February 04, 2019, 11:16:46 AM »
Also having a primaries thread(with the everything must go in here rule!) is just having poliera in the general section.

not everything! for example, the Warren DNA thread...and others are free and open

while Bernard Sanders, not a candidate, introducing a bill to the U.S. Senate = PLEASE KEEP IN PRIMARY THREAD