Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5827969 times)

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
Re: Other Forums |OT| Book Reading, Free Speech, and Full-Blown Centrists Within
« Reply #53940 on: January 15, 2019, 10:23:29 AM »
Isnt Ubisoft French?

The signs were all there.
:O

marrec

Re: Other Forums |OT| Book Reading, Free Speech, and Full-Blown Centrists Within
« Reply #53941 on: January 15, 2019, 10:26:14 AM »
Isnt Ubisoft French?

The signs were all there.

Probably yellow-vest protesters forced Ubi to add this disgusting content

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #53942 on: January 15, 2019, 10:26:41 AM »
But muh headcanon

That's what she calls it. :smug

Himu

« Reply #53943 on: January 15, 2019, 10:30:06 AM »
What’s the origin of the thread title change? Centrists I get but what’s this against book reading?
IYKYK

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #53944 on: January 15, 2019, 10:36:26 AM »
What’s the origin of the thread title change? Centrists I get but what’s this against book reading?

Old posts from a year ago that are still funny to reminisce about

was searching for that post and found out the mods silenced this dude for warning about PewDiePie and the rise of Nazi's, no wonder caravans of droves being:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fascism-alt-right-nazis-the-importance-of-de-platforming-ot.21852/post-4292718
Is pew die pie alt right? I remember him making nazi "jokes" and using racial slurs but he is almost never mentioned. Is it the lack of political motivation that makes it more just racism than alt rightism?
He perpetuated the alt-right "reading books" meme (every alt-righter is obsessively reading books right now, btw, a good way to spot em) with his new video and even read typical alt-right books, including Fahrenheit 451, Aldous Huxley, Jordan Peterson.
Fahrenheit 451 is not an alt-right book.

I guess in principle you can read anything into anything if you really want to but I can't really see any sense in calling it an alt-right book.
It's a very common alt-right book, it's basically "i'm thinking about becoming alt-right but haven't yet"
I agree with you 100%. The people we're talking about have the IQ of about 60. It's still a common alt right book. They like 1984 too. Go check /lit/. I'm talking about pewdiepie being a transparent alt-right troll, not the substance of the book
I'm serious. It's important to recognize the signs of someone becoming radicalized. You realize that there's literal nazis out there, right? This is long past being a joke and I'm right in the center of it all (I can drive to Charlottesville for lunch) so I hear about these things all of the time. The straight white male obsessed with bitcoin who scoffs at mass media and becomes obsessed with reading the Great White Male authors has become a major trope and it's becoming so frequent that I hear stories about them in coffee shops all over the place. This is the start of a major movement and it's important to recognize the signs so that people know when they need to help intervene on these people and spread positive messages.

They're reading:
Dystopian Novels (Huxley, Dick, Bradbury, Orwell)
Anti-Media novels (Wallace)
Pro-Capitalist (Rand)
Bible
Old Philosophers (Aristotle, Plato, etc)
Self Help novels (toxic male ones, like Jordan Peterson or Tim Ferris)
Nietzsche (especially him)

If you see anyone reading these books in a coffee shop, I dare you to ask them the questions you could use to spot a typical white supremacist. Ask them their favorite classical music artist and ask them their racial heritage. They'll have long answers prepared for both and will answer delightfully. Now imagine for a moment, that if you could just look down on this poor, obviously angry soul (probably reading Infinite Jest or Evola), and you reach out to him and you say, "Listen, I know it's hard. Life's hard. I know it's hard to lose your privilege, but it's time to finally think about PoC, LGBT+, and women and the persecution they face, too. It's not all about you." You could really reach out to these vulnerable kids with a message of love and unity and prevent them from becoming absorbed in hate. Offer to take them around an urban neighborhood and do some good, donate some time or something. Having one less nazi in the world is hardly something to take lightly.
Uncle

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #53945 on: January 15, 2019, 10:36:44 AM »

Look at this elitists fuck.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #53946 on: January 15, 2019, 10:38:09 AM »

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=45505.msg2552118;topicseen#msg2552118

He perpetuated the alt-right "reading books" meme (every alt-righter is obsessively reading books right now, btw, a good way to spot em) with his new video and even read typical alt-right books, including Fahrenheit 451, Aldous Huxley, Jordan Peterson.

:exxy
©@©™

Propagandhim

« Reply #53947 on: January 15, 2019, 10:38:37 AM »

It's a meme.  The reading books meme.  It's when you read a book.  Jesus Christ, don't you know anything. 

Himu

« Reply #53948 on: January 15, 2019, 10:38:42 AM »
“every alt-righter is obsessively reading books right now, btw, a good way to spot em”

Newsfeed!!!!!!! I’m choking from laughter!!
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #53949 on: January 15, 2019, 10:46:09 AM »
If you see anyone reading these books in a coffee shop, I dare you to ask them the questions you could use to spot a typical white supremacist. Ask them their favorite classical music artist and ask them their racial heritage. They'll have long answers prepared for both and will answer delightfully. Now imagine for a moment, that if you could just look down on this poor, obviously angry soul (probably reading Infinite Jest or Evola), and you reach out to him and you say, "Listen, I know it's hard. Life's hard. I know it's hard to lose your privilege, but it's time to finally think about PoC, LGBT+, and women and the persecution they face, too. It's not all about you." You could really reach out to these vulnerable kids with a message of love and unity and prevent them from becoming absorbed in hate. Offer to take them around an urban neighborhood and do some good, donate some time or something. Having one less nazi in the world is hardly something to take lightly.

I’m black, lgbt, and read two PKD books in the past month or so.

This is so dumb dumb. Even philosophy is a sign of being a white supremacist?

I’m convinced that wokeness is actually brain damage.

It’s best to not convince ones self that this person and their ideals aren’t an actual portrayal of the left. This person is an extremist radical. They’re not left. They’re nuts.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 10:50:25 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

james

« Reply #53950 on: January 15, 2019, 10:49:47 AM »
JayDubya and Cindi come back on the same day.

Interesting.

james

« Reply #53951 on: January 15, 2019, 10:51:18 AM »
Two birds one stone.

I like using titles to take well deserved shots.

Feel free to report it and ask for a change, if the people upstairs agree I'll respect it.

Guess who.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/attn-kevin-hart-even-family-guy-is-doing-it-better-than-you-family-guy-phasing-out-gay-jokes-because-they-are-no-longer-acceptable.93606/

Himu

« Reply #53952 on: January 15, 2019, 10:53:25 AM »
Right now I’m reading Lolita, Michelle Obama’s book, and last night I purchased The Secret Garden and *whispers* Ubik.

As my third PKD book Ubik might very well be the final nail to let me transform into a white supremacist.

Interesting.

:confused

I never left. I just don’t post in this thread you dirt cretin.
IYKYK

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #53953 on: January 15, 2019, 10:54:30 AM »
Ask them their favorite classical music artist

I don't think there's any court in this fine land that wouldn't find this as justifiable cause for colorful murder.

Himu

« Reply #53954 on: January 15, 2019, 10:55:56 AM »
My favorite classical musician is Chopin FYI. :snob
IYKYK

james

BikeJesus

« Reply #53956 on: January 15, 2019, 11:03:30 AM »
nobody asked

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #53957 on: January 15, 2019, 11:05:26 AM »
Me too. Might support them by buying more Gillette blades

These rubes are such easy marks

Saw some commentary on that gillette thing

Uncle

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #53958 on: January 15, 2019, 11:09:51 AM »
what the fuck am i watching and reading

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/14/business/gillette-masculinity-ad/index.html

I like how the only "celeb" they could get was the turks person. makeshift bryancranston. :neogaf

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #53959 on: January 15, 2019, 11:18:12 AM »

It's a meme.  The reading books meme.  It's when you read a book.  Jesus Christ, don't you know anything.

That’s funny. I though it was about Kirblar being able to read faster than someone can type.

:meeble

Propagandhim

« Reply #53960 on: January 15, 2019, 11:25:12 AM »
Imagine caring about any of this shit.  Razor ads.  Don't these nibbas have bills to pay and shit?

Tiops

« Reply #53961 on: January 15, 2019, 11:25:15 AM »
Right now I’m reading Lolita, Michelle Obama’s book, and last night I purchased The Secret Garden and *whispers* Ubik.

As my third PKD book Ubik might very well be the final nail to let me transform into a white supremacist.

Change your helmet to a MAGA hat.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #53962 on: January 15, 2019, 11:25:37 AM »

That’s funny. I though it was about Kirblar being able to read faster than someone can type.

Its layered.
Its also about their reclassifying manga, comics and instruction manuals as books so they can claim how they've read thousands of books in their lifetime.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #53963 on: January 15, 2019, 11:28:35 AM »
Imagine caring about any of this shit.  Razor ads.  Don't these nibbas have bills to pay and shit?

razor thin margins

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #53965 on: January 15, 2019, 11:48:21 AM »
Governments and celebrities may abandon us, but good ol' corporations will NEVER give in to hate and leave us liberals standing alone.

Now, watch me smoke this Marlboro.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #53966 on: January 15, 2019, 11:48:37 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-is-complaining-about-rap-in-videogames-still-a-thing-in-2019.93607/post-16891216

couldn't make identity politics stick the first time this happened, so time for another go-round in the OT I guess.

Bananas

« Reply #53967 on: January 15, 2019, 11:49:32 AM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/nobel-prize-winner-james-watson-stripped-of-titles-after-suggesting-genes-make-black-people-less-intelligent.1471028/page-3

@mckmas8808

Your post represents the NAXALT fallacy.
(Image removed from quote.)

No one who is well versed in this subject believe no smart black people exist. It's where the averages lie that makes the difference.

(Image removed from quote.)

james

« Reply #53968 on: January 15, 2019, 11:54:40 AM »
Bananas, why do you browse a white supremacist forum?

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #53969 on: January 15, 2019, 11:57:18 AM »

The more racist one, usually called "The Bire", was down for a few days.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #53970 on: January 15, 2019, 12:01:28 PM »
you should just fuck JordanN and get it out your system bananas.

although based on both of your posting habits one or both of you would qualify for statutory rape

Bananas

« Reply #53971 on: January 15, 2019, 12:02:26 PM »
Why don't you? There is more insanity on neogaf than era.  :doge

thetylerrob

« Reply #53972 on: January 15, 2019, 12:12:10 PM »
Posting gaf is just punching down, which we all know isn’t comedy

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #53973 on: January 15, 2019, 12:13:26 PM »
He was talking about the bire
Uncle

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #53974 on: January 15, 2019, 12:17:52 PM »
Did Ree forget that Maximillian said the nword on a stream a few years ago?

:ltg :ltg :ltg

That was a clear slip of the tongue though.  Felt bad for the guy- you could tell he genuinely didn't mean to say it and knew he fucked up right away.
ど助平

Coitus

« Reply #53975 on: January 15, 2019, 12:20:28 PM »
Era is (unintentionally) funnier and more ridiculous. NeoNazi is just the same boring shit you can see at FreeRepiblic or Stormfront or /pol/.  It’s only funny when Thug1 descends from his MMA throne to lecture the plebs.

Jansen

« Reply #53976 on: January 15, 2019, 12:36:47 PM »

Interesting.

Well International Iron Man was banned so it was inevitable that  cindi would come back

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #53977 on: January 15, 2019, 12:43:50 PM »
Is that Terrence Howard's nickname now? International Iron Man?

Propagandhim

« Reply #53978 on: January 15, 2019, 12:47:13 PM »
It also has to do with the fact that white nationalists and people preoccupied with race and IQ are relegated to the margins of society and aren't taken seriously in the mainstream.  In the circumstance you have one that slithers through the system like Steve King, they are uncontroversially forced into capitulation and brought to task.  Plus, there's something funny about the cultural-left delusions that lack any comedy on the right.  There's a mean-spiritedness in the far-right's activity that you can't laugh at, like you can on the other side.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #53979 on: January 15, 2019, 12:49:13 PM »
The original black panther.

james

« Reply #53980 on: January 15, 2019, 12:53:19 PM »

Interesting.

Well International Iron Man was banned so it was inevitable that  cindi would come back

:woooo

Damn it adds up

venereology

« Reply #53981 on: January 15, 2019, 01:22:26 PM »
https://www.vg247.com/2019/01/15/assassins-creed-odyssey-legacy-first-blade-part-2-ignores-gay-characters/

viDeOGaMe JoURnAlISm

Bisexual characters don't exist.

even if you played kassandra completely gay, there's a very key plot reason as to why she'd want to get pregnant. and there's more or less one way to do that in ancient greece.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #53982 on: January 15, 2019, 01:23:19 PM »
gay people don't want to be pregnant? way to be exclusionary

bigot

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #53983 on: January 15, 2019, 01:29:30 PM »
https://www.vg247.com/2019/01/15/assassins-creed-odyssey-legacy-first-blade-part-2-ignores-gay-characters/

viDeOGaMe JoURnAlISm

Bisexual characters don't exist.

even if you played kassandra completely gay, there's a very key plot reason as to why she'd want to get pregnant. and there's more or less one way to do that in ancient greece.

Right? You can't have genetic memories to tap into if your ancestors don't procreate.  :doge

Even so, it's their story, it's fucking DLC that these spergs don't have to play to keep their gay headcannon Kassandra gay for as long as they live.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 01:37:35 PM by stufte »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #53984 on: January 15, 2019, 01:46:22 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-is-complaining-about-rap-in-videogames-still-a-thing-in-2019.93607/post-16891216

couldn't make identity politics stick the first time this happened, so time for another go-round in the OT I guess.

My favorite is how those who dislike hip hop must be white suburbanites, as if white suburbanites haven't been the biggest market for the genre since like the 90s...
^_^

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #53985 on: January 15, 2019, 01:51:50 PM »
The real question is, why can't Alexios be pregnant?

stufte

« Reply #53986 on: January 15, 2019, 01:54:24 PM »

A gay man having hetero responsibilities foisted upon him? SMDH.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #53987 on: January 15, 2019, 01:57:32 PM »
My Alexios, my choices.

My Alexios has an inflation fetish and would like to push a baby out of his semen hole.

marrec

« Reply #53988 on: January 15, 2019, 01:59:32 PM »

Cause I haven't finished my mpreg fanfic yet

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #53989 on: January 15, 2019, 02:01:47 PM »
Been offline for a while

Someone fill me in on the last 10 pages

Is RE over yet

stufte

« Reply #53990 on: January 15, 2019, 02:03:12 PM »
Been offline for a while

Is RE over yet

Who are you again?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #53991 on: January 15, 2019, 02:05:24 PM »
NeoGAF is DEAD Bananas.

What you are doing is digging up a corpse and pissing and shitting on it.
Then digging it up again through your own piss.

In fact you've dug up the body so many times that at this point you're digging up more of your own feces than the remains.
🤴

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #53992 on: January 15, 2019, 02:05:48 PM »
Been offline for a while

Is RE over yet

Who are you again?

ur worse fuckin night mare , kiddo

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #53993 on: January 15, 2019, 02:28:38 PM »
This is so sad... Alexios, play despacito

james

« Reply #53994 on: January 15, 2019, 02:29:59 PM »
LOL gay people

Cauliflower Of Love

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #53996 on: January 15, 2019, 02:48:28 PM »
That ResetEra has zero chill thread continues to provoke hilarious THE FUCK YOU SAY MUTHAFUCKER? responses

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #53997 on: January 15, 2019, 02:51:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-is-era-so-particularly-angry-this-2019.93449/post-16901118

Go make them

Be the change

Or just bitch at everyone who isn't living up to your standards of positivity that'll make things better.

:mindblown

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-is-era-so-particularly-angry-this-2019.93449/post-16901519
Not really. You interpret sarcasm and acerbic language with anger.

Which is pretty goofy.

thetylerrob

« Reply #53998 on: January 15, 2019, 03:07:49 PM »
Another player, who is white but says he often makes black in-game characters to add “diversity” to his friend group, told The Verge that every single time he kills someone in Red Dead Online, he gets called the n-word. It doesn’t offend him, he claims, but it still happens.
Lol

Jared Rosen plays online as a black woman. (“I didn’t want to be another white cowboy,” he says.)
lol
It got bad enough that Rosen says he now walks around with a sawed-off shotgun, so he can dispose of assholes more quickly. He also spent in-game money to make his guns look as menacing as possible to deter players from picking fights with him, though it doesn’t always work.
lol

It also only happens with characters who appear white in-game. “The women and black characters are 5000% more chill and we all have a kind of silent understanding to leave one another alone,” Rosen says.
:dead

Journalizm is asking your white sjw bros to tell you how racist people are online.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/1/15/18183843/red-dead-online-black-character-racism

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #53999 on: January 15, 2019, 03:14:04 PM »
Isn't that digital blackface tho ?
ὕβρις