Author Topic: E3 2018 Is Here Bayyybeeee  (Read 94282 times)

Rahxephon91

Re: E3 2018 Is Here Bayyybeeee
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2018, 09:52:56 AM »
I would love for them to repurpose Scalebound into let's say a new Drakengard. Even if it was Platnium's worst it would still be better than the other games in the series.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2018, 09:58:21 AM »
I would love for them to repurpose Scalebound into let's say a new Drakengard. Even if it was Platnium's worst it would still be better than the other games in the series.

Just replace that dumb bro-looking dude with an anime lady, problem solved.
dog

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2018, 11:56:58 AM »

Tasty

« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2018, 01:35:13 PM »
I guess if I want anything from E3 it’s a cheaper or sexier somehow Switch cuz I’ll probably buy one this year as the step son has been clamoring for one

I mean, I think that it's dumb that it's $300. I understand some people are morons and will treat that thing like a portable but I never will.  I would happily pay $200 for it, grudgingly $250. But it is undeniably building a library of quality games. A decent console Fire Emblem will be the final nail in the coffin of my resistance, even at $300.

https://kotaku.com/new-skimpy-switch-bundle-released-in-japan-1826252957

Nintendo deliberately trolling Snorenado by offering a ~$250 Switch that's... essentially handheld-only. :rejoice :lol

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2018, 02:02:22 PM »
I guess if I want anything from E3 it’s a cheaper or sexier somehow Switch cuz I’ll probably buy one this year as the step son has been clamoring for one

I mean, I think that it's dumb that it's $300. I understand some people are morons and will treat that thing like a portable but I never will.  I would happily pay $200 for it, grudgingly $250. But it is undeniably building a library of quality games. A decent console Fire Emblem will be the final nail in the coffin of my resistance, even at $300.

Nintendo deliberately trolling Snorenado by offering a ~$250 Switch that's... essentially handheld-only. :rejoice :lol

yar

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2018, 02:44:31 PM »
Unforgivable

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2018, 02:47:42 PM »
Scalebound will probably return retooled for another publisher. Kamiya really liked the idea.
Maybe Nintendo will turn it into Star Fox: Dragon Planet or Xenoblade: Dragon Rider or something.

In any case, Microsoft was dumb to let it die. They should've just kept it going in the background and then in 2019 or something, when everyone's like: "Bro the Xbox One is dead, time for Xbox Two" they could've delivered that final 10/10 game (and perhaps even cross gen too). At the same they would've denied their competitors to use Kamiya's talent to build a game for them.

🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2018, 03:01:35 PM »

It's a Japan-only thing.  Doubt they will do that here.  The "reduced price" is stupid because it doesn't include essential shit like an AC ADAPTER.  Classic Nintendo right there.  :-\
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2018, 03:03:19 PM »
Scalebound will probably return retooled for another publisher. Kamiya really liked the idea.
Maybe Nintendo will turn it into Star Fox: Dragon Planet or Xenoblade: Dragon Rider or something.

In any case, Microsoft was dumb to let it die. They should've just kept it going in the background and then in 2019 or something, when everyone's like: "Bro the Xbox One is dead, time for Xbox Two" they could've delivered that final 10/10 game (and perhaps even cross gen too). At the same they would've denied their competitors to use Kamiya's talent to build a game for them.

Scalebound was the brainchild of (former) Platinum localization/creative guy JP Kellams, who was producer on the game, IIRC.  I don't know the guy personally so I have no idea if this was the reason why, but after the game got canned, he quit Platinum and moved to the States to go work at EA.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2018, 03:04:02 PM »

It's pretty crazy we live in a reality where sweet, Disneyfied Nintendo essentially bought an M-rated IP, turned it into a series, and is now going back to the well a third time despite the first two games fitting various definitions of "bomba." And then added the X-rated protagonist to fucking Smash Bros. :lol

Meanwhile, Microsoft - who at one recent point had more money than God (and probably still does) - cancelled one of their only compelling future releases when it fit their target audience well and filled some massive gaps in their system's lineup.

Madness.

Tasty

« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2018, 03:04:59 PM »
Also, it doesn't reeeaaaallly matter considering how Bayo 2 was received, but it'd be pretty great if Kamiya came back for 3.

Does that have an announced director yet?

Tasty

« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2018, 03:07:07 PM »
It's a Japan-only thing.  Doubt they will do that here.  The "reduced price" is stupid because it doesn't include essential shit like an AC ADAPTER.  Classic Nintendo right there.  :-\

Classic Nintendo for everyone outside America. :american :pimp

Based Reggie keeping our AC adapters safe. :bow2

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2018, 03:14:43 PM »

https://www.polygon.com/2015/1/14/7547465/new-nintendo-3ds-xl-charger-ac-adapter-warranty
New Nintendo 3DS XL doesn't include an AC adapter, and you should get the official one
:doge
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2018, 03:21:34 PM »
:nintendo

At least with the Switch you can use any 56k USB-C cables from anyone. The Switch and my Pixel chargers are well acquainted.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2018, 03:24:22 PM »

https://www.polygon.com/2015/1/14/7547465/new-nintendo-3ds-xl-charger-ac-adapter-warranty
New Nintendo 3DS XL doesn't include an AC adapter, and you should get the official one

Please Understand
yar

paprikastaude

« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2018, 03:29:50 PM »
We can talk about that shit maybe once Platinum dates and localises that mobile IP RPG that looks better than all modern Tales and Final Fantasy games.

thisismyusername

« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2018, 04:28:14 PM »
>Battlefield 1: WW1
>Battlefield 5: WW2

:beli :beli :beli :beli

Ignoring that title gap, WW2. :beli :snore :snore

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2018, 04:37:14 PM »
If it's like Battlefield 1 or Battlefront, i don't think im buying it.

thisismyusername

« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2018, 04:49:45 PM »
If it's like Battlefield 1 or Battlefront, i don't think im buying it.

Don't even think: It's going to be looking at that.

>Robo arm
>in 1940
>Somehow historical accurate

Nope. After buying the last outing and only playing like 12-50 hours MAX (while other entries I have like 800+ each in) due to a friend twisting my arm despite me hating the beta? DICE can get fucked. The series is now firmly in the EA death cycle and it's sad.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2018, 05:11:47 PM »

I bought a USB charging cable for my 3DS.  :success
dog

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2018, 07:27:34 PM »
True Nintendoh story.

- Had an old and busted OG 3DS launch model
- Bought a brand new Samus 3DS XL (oh wow the screen isn't supposed to be piss yellow!)

Thought to myself, I already have the 3DS adapter, certainly no New 3DS adapter needed.
Wanted to transfer old 3DS files to new 3DS. Including my Ambassador Program pity ROM collection and DSWare that had made the journey from DSi>3DS and now New 3DS.

As soon as I start the transfer process it says: "The transfer requires a power adapter to be plugged in" on both systems. I only have one adapter for two systems.
Head to store to buy another 3DS adapter just for this transfer.

24,99 Euro

:mjcry

🤴

Tasty

« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2018, 10:58:15 PM »
Man, why do people even play FPS's?

Cryo

« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2018, 11:12:41 PM »
what the shit, this isn't the bloodstained thread  :doge

Tasty

« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2018, 11:15:17 PM »
what the shit, this isn't the bloodstained thread  :doge

Lol idiot.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2018, 11:20:11 PM »

why do people even play anything?

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #85 on: May 24, 2018, 12:15:21 AM »
who the fuck cares about historical accuracy

Tasty

« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2018, 12:36:21 AM »
Have you played Doom, breh? Check it before you say anything.

:ohhh I did like Doom 1 and Duke 64.

But my favorite was Metroid Prime Hunters on Nintendo DS.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2018, 12:37:53 AM »
Titanfall 3 might make me feel something again but it won't be there.

correction, I would shed a tear for Mortal Kombat XI

thisismyusername

« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2018, 12:58:33 AM »

Why do you play with dicks?

Tasty

« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2018, 10:54:10 AM »

Why do you play with dicks?

It's an honest question. Sometimes I'm not sure.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2018, 10:58:31 AM »
Have you played Doom, breh? Check it before you say anything.

:ohhh I did like Doom 1 and Duke 64.

But my favorite was Metroid Prime Hunters on Nintendo DS.

'scust

this is literally unforgivable
püp

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2018, 11:13:48 AM »
Lol Tasty wtf

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2018, 01:26:22 PM »
Hunters is fine and all but favorite FPS :teehee

paprikastaude

« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2018, 01:29:11 PM »

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2018, 03:19:34 PM »
that was corny af
püp

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2018, 03:21:53 PM »
Ubisoft's E3 lineup:

-Open world shooter
-Open world shooter
-Open world hack-and-slash
-Open world shooter
-BG&E 2 teaser, release date unknown
dog

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2018, 03:24:04 PM »
Is Aisha "Girl Wood" Tyler going to be there though?

paprikastaude

« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2018, 03:26:14 PM »
Ubisoft's E3 lineup:

-Open world shooter
-Open world shooter
-Open world hack-and-slash
-Open world shooter
-BG&E 2 teaser, release date unknown

You forgot Tom Clancy for half of those.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2018, 05:42:22 PM »
Any good rumors out there?

It seems awfully quiet on the E3 rumor front, which usually means there's jack shit
🤴

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #99 on: May 24, 2018, 06:26:08 PM »
look forward to seing more of sucker punch's ghosts of tsushima. really enjoyed the first Infamous fwiw.
◕‿◕

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #100 on: May 24, 2018, 06:55:18 PM »
Ubisoft is a company that thrives on repetition but their games are good imo.

EA hasn't released a great game yet this gen, like, anything of the same caliber compared to last gen. They've single handedly destroyed any opportunity for good Star Wars games too with that exclusivity deal.
OH!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #101 on: May 24, 2018, 07:06:53 PM »

EA hasn't released a great game yet this gen, like, anything of the same caliber compared to last gen. They've single handedly destroyed any opportunity for good Star Wars games too with that exclusivity deal.
Battlefield's pretty good and Titanfall 2 was surprisingly stellar but that's like all they have going for them. Disappointment after disappointment otherwise.
🤴

thisismyusername

« Reply #102 on: May 24, 2018, 09:54:12 PM »
Ubisoft's E3 lineup:

- who
- the
- fuck
- cares

I care. :wag :wag :wag

The Division 2
Assassin's Cred
Splinter Cell

About the only three things from them I give a damn about.

Battlefield 4 is solid, especially given the two-year tune-up they did with it. I don't agree with every change they did, but it's in a solid place now a days.

Tasty

« Reply #103 on: May 24, 2018, 11:35:34 PM »
Hunters is fine and all but favorite FPS :teehee

:lol I was completely blasted when I wrote that, in all honesty my favorite FPS is probably Duke 3D (which is what I meant by Duke 64 last night, never played that version lol.) Or maybe something like Dementium or Half-Life 1.

I don't really like FPSs lol.

thisismyusername

« Reply #105 on: May 25, 2018, 12:07:09 AM »
>Hating on Splinter Cell.

I know you're all about BINGBINGWAHOO and Soy, but at least PRETEND you aren't. :doge

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #106 on: May 25, 2018, 12:13:14 AM »
Splinter Cell 1 is the best video game to take place in Tbilisi. Dare you to prove me wrong. :vr

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #107 on: May 25, 2018, 06:18:23 AM »
The only clear memories I have of Splinter Cell is a) Sam Fisher looks full on cro-magnon at the beginning of Chaos Theory and b) I couldn't figure out how to ghost a level near the end of Chaos Theory (?) until I looked it up, only to get a forehead slapping reminder that Fisher has this split jump move to 'hide' in otherwise empty hallways. I didn't have to use it after the tutorial, so I couldn't even remember the button combination, much less think to attempt it.

Corporal

« Reply #108 on: May 25, 2018, 07:48:40 AM »
I'm looking forward to a big fat nothingburger from Nintendo. This is the perfect time to get people aboard their pay2online racket and to hype the switch into the stratosphere, so of course they're gonna fuck this up in the most terrible way possible.

Can't wait to be excited about Mario Music Party or something. :lawd :aah
!list

Tasty

« Reply #109 on: May 25, 2018, 09:57:26 AM »
I can't think of a single lacking year Nintendo's had since switching from keynotes to Directs for E3. We know Smash will be there, with Prime 4 and Pokemon as likely bets as well. We might even see some Bayo 3 stuff.

paprikastaude

« Reply #110 on: May 25, 2018, 10:09:12 AM »
That year with the robot chicken skits was good, any other webshow-E3 by Nintendo was bad/boring. Remember when they had some endless Skylanders interview or a documentary about making real life yarn Yoshi's or something?  :heh
spoiler (click to show/hide)
:snore
[close]
Last year I don't even remember outside of the sub-CGI-trailer-tier announcement for Metroid Prime.

e: oh god, I just remembered when they had nothing to show but a really boring hour of Pokemon and then the Zelda tutorial. I think the 3DS reveal was the last time they've been hype.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 10:32:20 AM by Spieler1 »

thisismyusername

« Reply #111 on: May 25, 2018, 10:26:03 AM »
I can't think of a single lacking year Nintendo's had since switching from keynotes to Directs for E3. We know Smash will be there, with Prime 4 and Pokemon as likely bets as well. We might even see some Bayo 3 stuff.
2XXX was really, really lame.

FTFY.

I know you're all about BINGBINGWAHOO and Soy, but at least PRETEND you aren't. :doge

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #112 on: May 25, 2018, 10:54:16 AM »
Only thing I remember about Splinter Cell is the Amon Tobin soundtrack in one of the games.
^_^

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #113 on: May 25, 2018, 10:55:02 AM »

Also, Fire Emblem switch for gamers with actual discerning, non-shit taste.

:snob
yar

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #114 on: May 25, 2018, 11:11:52 AM »
Splinter Cell Blacklist is a great stealth game more people should've played. I stand by my opinion that Sam should've been killed off tho and that new protagonist shouldve been introduced.
OH!

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #115 on: May 25, 2018, 11:18:16 AM »
be excited for assassins creed in 2018 brehs

paprikastaude

« Reply #116 on: May 25, 2018, 11:18:50 AM »
since you wanted rumours: http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/source-resident-evil-2-remake-to-be-best-looking-entry-to-date/
tl;dr Resident Evil 2 remake will play like RE4.  :shaq2 That was posted by that Dino Crisis jokester on Ratata, so who knows how reliable it is.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #117 on: May 25, 2018, 11:21:46 AM »
 :yuck

Tasty

« Reply #118 on: May 25, 2018, 12:30:21 PM »
Also, Fire Emblem switch for gamers with actual discerning, non-shit taste.

:snob

You're stanning for a series with this in it:

"Discerning taste," you say? :heyman :ryker

agrajag

« Reply #119 on: May 25, 2018, 01:20:58 PM »
Nintendo is going to have a good E3 brehs. As long as you aren't expecting big budget EA game ____