Author Topic: Wank Dad 2: Electric Wankaloo  (Read 601935 times)

Oblivion

Re: Wank Dad 2: Electric Wankaloo
« Reply #1020 on: March 21, 2019, 05:17:25 AM »
https://twitter.com/Katja_Thieme/status/1108466383010951168

Possibly the greatest infringement on free speech yet!  :fbm

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #1021 on: March 21, 2019, 11:51:29 AM »
There was also a 33 page part one created by the master: http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=45437.0

I read through this entire thing. I expected one of you to snidely point out to etoilétte that Locke was secretary / advisor to parties directly involved in colonialism and in what I recall was fairly plain language admitted that the natives (or was it Savage races?) conception of property was irrelevant. I haven't read him in a few so correct me if I'm wrong here. :doge
im going through the two treatises right now and, in the process, revisiting all those jacobin pieces that try to drag him:
https://www.jacobinmag.com/2015/06/locke-treatise-slavery-private-property/
https://www.jacobinmag.com/2015/10/locke-classical-liberalism-treatise-nozick-constitution/
https://www.jacobinmag.com/2016/08/locke-property-manifest-destiny-jefferson-slavery-indigenous

and a new one that came out this month: https://jacobinmag.com/2019/03/john-locke-freedom-slavery-united-states/

There’s also a new book out that argues Locke’s political philosophy was an afterthought for all the utilitarian classical liberals from the 19th century like Bentham and the Mills. The Locke wars are one of my favorite subplots in early modern.

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #1022 on: March 21, 2019, 12:17:44 PM »
woops, yeah here it is: https://press.princeton.edu/titles/13258.html

Locke was an investor in some transatlantic slaver enterprise and Mill was an administrator in the BEIC. Don’t know if it’s in the book -haven’t read it- but one of the upshots I saw from discussion about it was that, after liberalism starts being reconstructed following the perceived failures that lead to two world wars, the canon gets reassessed, Locke gets employed as an early champion, displacing people that had been there for decades like Constant and Grouchy.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 03:12:45 PM by jakefromstatefarm »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1023 on: March 21, 2019, 01:09:18 PM »
Edit; or was it the other way around? Exploitable natives and resources existed and their ideologies were born as a result. Is this dialectical materialism  :doge :ussrcry
Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

Oblivion

« Reply #1024 on: March 21, 2019, 04:21:33 PM »
Jorp would like to let everyone know how not mad he is about Cambridge thinking he's not worthy of a fellowship from them:

Quote from: Daddy P
I visited Cambridge University in November of last year, during my 12 Rules for Life Book tour, one stop of which was the city of Cambridge, where I spoke publicly at the venerable Cambridge Corn Exchange. While there, I had lunch and dinner and various scheduled conversations with a good number of faculty members and other interested individuals who came in for the occasion, and we took the opportunity to speak with a welcome frankness about theological, philosophical and psychological matters. I also recorded twoYouTube videos/podcasts: one with the eminent philosopher Sir Roger Scruton, presented by The Cambridge Center for the Study of Platonism, and another with Dr. Stephen Blackwood, founding President of Ralston College, a university in Savannah, Georgia, preparing for launch.

I was also invited to address the student-run Cambridge Union, the oldest continuously running debating society in the world – a talk which was delivered to a packed house (a relatively rare occurrence) and which, despite being posted only four months ago, is now the second-most watched of their 200 total videos. I’m mentioning this for a very particular purpose: CUSU, the Cambridge University Student Union (not to be confused with the aforementioned Cambridge Union), pinned to their Twitter account the rescindment announcement three minutes before (!) the Faculty of Divinity did so, and in a spirit of apparent “relief.” The Guardian cited the following CUSU statement:

We are relieved to hear that Jordan Peterson’s request for a visiting fellowship to Cambridge’s faculty of divinity has been rescinded following further review. It is a political act to associate the University with an academic’s work through offers which legitimise figures such as Peterson. His work and views are not representative of the student body and as such we do not see his visit as a valuable contribution to the University, but one that works in opposition to the principles of the University.

It seems to me that the packed Cambridge Union auditorium, the intelligent questioning associated with the lecture, and the overwhelming number of views the subsequently posted video accrued, indicates that there a number of Cambridge students are very interested in what I have to say, and might well regard my visit “as a valuable contribution to the University.” I also have to say, as a university professor concerned with literacy, that the CUSU statement offered to The Guardian borders on the unintelligible, perhaps even crossing the line (as so much ideological-puppet-babble tends to): what in the world does it mean that “it is a political act to associate the University with an academic’s work through offers which legitimise figures such as Peterson”? And who could write or say something of that rhetorical nature without a deep sense of betraying their personal conscience?

In any case: In November, when I was in Cambridge, I began discussions with one of the faculty members (whom I had met briefly before, in London) about the possibility of entering into a collaboration with the Cambridge Divinity Faculty. I enjoyed the conversations I had at Cambridge immensely. I learned a lot about Biblical matters that had remained unknown to me in a very short time. This was of particular relevance to me, but also perhaps of more broad and public import, because of a series of lectures on the Biblical stories of Genesis I prepared, delivered live (at the Isabel Bader Theatre in Toronto) and then posted on YouTube (playlist here) and in podcast form.

Since their posting, beginning in May of 2017, these lectures have received about 10 million hits (as well as an equal or greater number of downloads). The first lecture alone, on the first sentence of Genesis, has, alone, garnered 3.7 million of those, which makes it the most well-received of all the talks I have ever posted online. I have received correspondence in great volume from religious people all over the world, Jews, Christians, Buddhists and Muslims alike—and an equally large number from atheists—all telling me that my psychological take on the Genesis material resonated very strongly with their faith, or that it helped them understand for the first time the value of these stories. You can see this for yourself by reading the comments on the YouTube channel, which are remarkably civilized and positive, by modern social media standards. I don’t think there is another modern religious/psychological phenomenon or happening that is genuinely comparable. It’s also the case that my books, 12 Rules for Life and Maps of Meaning both rely heavily on Judeo-Christian thinking, and are predicated on the idea that the stories that make up such thought constitute the bedrock of our civil, peaceful and productive society. The former has now sold 3 million copies (one million in tongues other than English), and will be translated into 50 languages; the latter, a much older book, was recently a New York Times bestseller in audio format. This volume of interest is clear indication of the widespread cross-cultural appeal of the work that I am doing.

In the fall, I am planning to produce a series of lectures on the Exodus stories. I presume they will have equal drawing power. I thought that I could extend my knowledge of the relevant stories by spending time in Cambridge, and that doing so would be useful for me, for faculty members who might be interested in speaking with me, and to the students. I also regarded it as a privilege and an opportunity. I believed (and still believe) that collaborating with the Faculty of Divinity on such a project would constitute an opportunity of clear mutual benefit. Finally, I thought that making myself more knowledgeable about relevant Biblical matters by working with the experts there would be of substantive benefit to the public audience who would eventually receive the resultant lectures.

Now the Divinity school has decided that signaling their solidarity with the diversity-inclusivity-equity mob trumps that opportunity–or so I presume. You see, I don’t yet know, because (and this is particularly appalling) I was not formally notified of this decision by any representative of the Divinity school. I heard about the rescinded offer through the grapevine, via a colleague and friend, and gathered what I could about the reasons from social media and press coverage (assuming that CUSU has at least something to do with it).

I would also like to point out something else. As I already noted, the Divinity Faculty (@CamDivinity) tweeted their decision to rescind, consciously making this a public issue. This is inexcusable, in my estimation, given (1) that they did not equally publicize the initial agreement/invitation (which has to be considered an event of equal import) and (2) that they implied that I came cap-in-hand to the school for the fellowship. This is precisely the kind of half-truth particularly characteristic of those who deeply practice to deceive, as the fellowship offer was a consequence of mutual discussion between those who invited me to Cambridge in July and my subsequent formal request, and not something I had dreamed up on my own.

It’s not going to make much difference to my future, in some sense. I have more opportunities at the moment than I can keep track of, let alone (let’s say) capitalize on. It’s a complex and surreally fortunate position to occupy, and I’m not taking it for granted, but it happens to be true. In the fall, therefore, I will produce the lectures I plan to produce on Exodus, regardless of whether they occur in the UK or in Canada or elsewhere, and they will attract whatever audience remains interested. But I think that it is deeply unfortunate that the authorities at the Divinity school in Cambridge decided that kowtowing to an ill-informed, ignorant and ideologically-addled mob trumped participating in an extensive online experiment in mass Christian and psychological education. Given the continued decline of church attendance, the rise in atheistic or agnostic sentiment, the increasing irrelevance of theological education and the collapse in interest in such matters among young people, wiser and more profound decisions might have been made.

You see, it matters whether people around the world understand these ancient stories. It deeply matters. We are becoming unmoored, because we no longer share the structure these stories undergird. This is psychologically destabilizing. It’s producing a pathological and desperate nihilism that is increasingly common and, at the same time, a pronounced proclivity for the ideological certainty that mimics but cannot replace true religious belief. Both consequences are bound to be, as the evidence certainly indicates, divisive and truly dangerous.

I think the Faculty of Divinity made a serious error of judgement in rescinding their offer to me (and I’m speaking about those unnamed persons who made that specific decision). I think they handled publicizing the rescindment in a manner that could hardly have been more narcissistic, self-congratulatory and devious.

I believe that the parties in question don’t give a damn about the perilous decline of Christianity, and I presume in any case that they regard that faith, in their propaganda-addled souls, as the ultimate manifestation of the oppressive Western patriarchy, despite their hypothetical allegiance to their own discipline.

I think that it is no bloody wonder that the faith is declining (and with it, the values of the West, as it fragments) with cowards and mountebanks of the sort who manifested themselves today at the helm.

I wish them the continued decline in relevance over the next few decades that they deeply and profoundly and diligently work toward and deserve.

P.S. I also find it interesting and deeply revealing that I know the names of the people who invited me, both informally and formally, but the names of the people who have disinvited me remain shrouded in exactly the kind of secrecy that might be expected from hidden, conspiratorial, authoritarian and cowardly bureaucrats. How many were there? No one knows. By what process did they come to the decision (since there were obviously people who wanted me there)? No one knows. On what grounds was the decision made? That has not been revealed. What role was played by pressure from, for example, the CUSU? That’s apparently no one’s business. It is on such ground that tyranny does not so much grow as positively thrive.

P.P.S. Here’s something from Vice-Chancellor Professor Stephen Toope of the University of Cambridge that’s worth consideration, in the current context (the described “openness” is apparently part of the university’s declared strategic initiatives regarding (what else) equality and diversity (bold mine):

One very specific aspect of…openness is being inclusive, and open to diversity in all its forms – diversity of interests and beliefs, of gender, of religion, of sexual identity, of ethnicity, of physical ability.

https://www.jordanbpeterson.com/blog-posts/cambridge-university-rescinds-my-fellowship/

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #1025 on: March 21, 2019, 05:12:51 PM »
I think they handled publicizing the rescindment in a manner that could hardly have been more narcissistic, self-congratulatory and devious.

I wish them the continued decline in relevance over the next few decades that they deeply and profoundly and diligently work toward and deserve.
:teehee

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #1026 on: March 21, 2019, 06:42:04 PM »
i now have a new go-to example for "performative affronted pseudo-intellectualism"

daddy p makin' believers of us all!
duc

benjipwns

« Reply #1027 on: March 21, 2019, 11:18:32 PM »
everything's turning up Daddy P: https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/entertainment/2019/03/jordan-peterson-s-12-rules-for-life-removed-from-whitcoulls-following-christchurch-terror-attack.html
A Jordan Peterson book is no longer for sale from Whitcoulls in New Zealand following the Christchurch terror attack.

The controversial Canadian professor visited Aotearoa in February, weeks before a gunman killed 50 people and injured dozens more at two mosques in Christchurch.

Although Peterson's book promotes self-help rather than violence or racism, he was photographed in New Zealand embracing a fan wearing a T-shirt emblazoned with the words "I'm a proud Islamaphobe", along with a list of various inflammatory accusations about Muslims.

Whitcoulls doesn't specify the exact reason for dumping Peterson's 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos, but the Islamaphobe T-shirt photo could be a part of the "disturbing material" referred to in replies to customer enquiries.

"Unfortunately 12 Rules for Life is currently unavailable, which is a decision that Whitcoulls has made in light of some extremely disturbing material being circulated prior, during and after the Christchurch attacks," Whitcoulls says in an email.

"As a business which takes our responsibilities to our communities very seriously, we believe it would be wrong to support the author at this time. Apologies that we're not able to sell it to you, but we appreciate your understanding."

12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos does not contain the word 'Islam' and only contains the word 'Muslim' once, but not in a negative context.

Meanwhile, other titles about Islam are still available - including Islam Unmasked by Henry Malone, which claims to expose "the lies behind [Islamic] doctrines" and "the futility of [Islamic] practices".

Adolf Hitler's Mein Kampf is also still available for purchase from Whitcoulls.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #1028 on: March 21, 2019, 11:43:24 PM »

but why
每天生气

Biff

« Reply #1029 on: March 22, 2019, 12:02:06 AM »
everything's turning up Daddy P: https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/entertainment/2019/03/jordan-peterson-s-12-rules-for-life-removed-from-whitcoulls-following-christchurch-terror-attack.html
A Jordan Peterson book is no longer for sale from Whitcoulls in New Zealand following the Christchurch terror attack.

The controversial Canadian professor visited Aotearoa in February, weeks before a gunman killed 50 people and injured dozens more at two mosques in Christchurch.

Although Peterson's book promotes self-help rather than violence or racism, he was photographed in New Zealand embracing a fan wearing a T-shirt emblazoned with the words "I'm a proud Islamaphobe", along with a list of various inflammatory accusations about Muslims.

Whitcoulls doesn't specify the exact reason for dumping Peterson's 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos, but the Islamaphobe T-shirt photo could be a part of the "disturbing material" referred to in replies to customer enquiries.

"Unfortunately 12 Rules for Life is currently unavailable, which is a decision that Whitcoulls has made in light of some extremely disturbing material being circulated prior, during and after the Christchurch attacks," Whitcoulls says in an email.

"As a business which takes our responsibilities to our communities very seriously, we believe it would be wrong to support the author at this time. Apologies that we're not able to sell it to you, but we appreciate your understanding."

12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos does not contain the word 'Islam' and only contains the word 'Muslim' once, but not in a negative context.

Meanwhile, other titles about Islam are still available - including Islam Unmasked by Henry Malone, which claims to expose "the lies behind [Islamic] doctrines" and "the futility of [Islamic] practices".

It's really quite sad/frightening that ideas have become so scary that adults must be shielded from exposure to them.

I don't care if it's 12 Rules to P Your Daddy or Mein Kampf. It's words on a page for fuck's sake.

"Badman took a picture with some dipshit. Adults can't see that! They'll gun down innocents!"

Oblivion

« Reply #1030 on: March 22, 2019, 02:34:55 AM »

fucking annihilated

Oblivion

« Reply #1031 on: March 22, 2019, 02:36:43 AM »

It's really quite sad/frightening that ideas have become so scary that adults must be shielded from exposure to them.

I don't care if it's 12 Rules to P Your Daddy or Mein Kampf. It's words on a page for fuck's sake.

"Badman took a picture with some dipshit. Adults can't see that! They'll gun down innocents!"

are you a lobster, friend?

Also,

"Badman took a picture with some dipshit"

which one is which?  :doge

BisMarckie

« Reply #1032 on: March 22, 2019, 05:12:47 AM »
Islamaphobe? :rage

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1033 on: March 22, 2019, 05:16:32 AM »
chinstrap beard a phobe

BisMarckie

« Reply #1034 on: March 22, 2019, 05:18:49 AM »
And why is proud capitalized? There is so much wrong with this picture. :trash

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1035 on: March 22, 2019, 12:06:41 PM »
Don't think they're afraid of that, no. :doge

Can anyone make out what else is on the shirt? Seems to be a list of offensive things. Is there a punchline, or something?

edit: Found a high-res version, but crucial bits are still missing. Whatever, I tried.

Oblivion

« Reply #1036 on: March 22, 2019, 02:11:06 PM »
I believe the punchline is something really stupid and Jorpian like, he hates all those things about Islam, but doesn't hate the INDIVIDUAL.

Oblivion

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1038 on: March 24, 2019, 02:36:22 AM »

President Santana
1 day ago
When the sniffing gets more ardent, you know he’s about to drop some potent knowledge  :rejoice

Oblivion

« Reply #1039 on: March 24, 2019, 05:57:34 PM »
Almost like people project what they hate about themselves onto others to make them feel better about themselves or something

Literally everything from this clown is projection:

:oreilly :dayum :what :crazy :cmonson :foodcourt

benjipwns

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #1041 on: March 25, 2019, 03:03:51 AM »
Perhaps it's done already, perhaps they have said me already, perhaps they have carried me to the threshold of my story, before the door that opens on my story, that would surprise me, if it opens, it will be I, it will be the silence, where I am, I don't know, I'll never know, in the silence you don't know, you must go on, I can't go on, I'll go on.
每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1043 on: March 29, 2019, 06:54:20 PM »
Wank dad world championship

Get it before the machines remove it  :fbm
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1044 on: March 29, 2019, 07:14:42 PM »
ben shapiro reasonable?  ::)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1045 on: March 29, 2019, 07:16:54 PM »
The Joe / Jones interview is actually pretty good.  :doge

Rogan / Jones 2024
[close]

Joe: "China will have 10 foot dudes with 10 inch dicks"
Alex: "That would be so hot"
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 07:24:13 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1046 on: March 30, 2019, 02:54:54 PM »
Wank culture

Still I think there's some truth to counter culture moving away from certain subjects.
Gaming, comic books and Star Wars used to be 'nerdy' things that the mainstream shrugged at and now everything must be for 'everyone'.

Which is part of why stuff like Dark Souls and Nier: Automata finds a niche audience, as well as the crypto memes.
Because it is genuine counter culture or going against the trend. So even if he's somewhat right, he's not looking in the right places for counter culture.
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1047 on: April 01, 2019, 03:54:18 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1048 on: April 01, 2019, 03:56:35 PM »

agrajag

« Reply #1049 on: April 01, 2019, 04:23:40 PM »
thass my boy Dougie Lane, you made it bro

benjipwns

« Reply #1050 on: April 05, 2019, 12:51:38 PM »

agrajag

« Reply #1051 on: April 05, 2019, 02:08:48 PM »
is he from the future?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1052 on: April 08, 2019, 01:57:35 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #1053 on: April 08, 2019, 11:27:43 AM »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1054 on: April 08, 2019, 11:35:37 AM »
Has Wank Dad had his wankoff with Smirnoff Zazzle yet?
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #1055 on: April 08, 2019, 11:40:08 AM »
APRIL 19

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1056 on: April 08, 2019, 12:04:48 PM »
#WankAway
©@©™

agrajag

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1058 on: April 08, 2019, 05:42:04 PM »

:lol

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1059 on: April 09, 2019, 09:50:11 AM »

juan
juan
6 days ago
He cleaned his room in preparation for the debate... to win, he must get inside the mind of his opponent

benjipwns

« Reply #1060 on: April 10, 2019, 08:43:17 PM »
forgot about this lol

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/therapist-who-told-podcast-listeners-to-shun-their-families-reprimanded/article4846791/
Five years ago, a Mississauga therapist named Christina Papadopoulos took part in an online podcast with her husband and described how one day she cut off contact with her parents, whose company she found phony and stifling.

Ms. Papadopoulos also said she was worried her online musings about shunning her relatives might land her in trouble with "the psychology community."

Her fears came true this week when, in an unprecedented disciplinary case, the College of Psychologists of Ontario found her guilty of professional misconduct because she used the Internet to counsel people to emulate her and sever ties with their families.

A disciplinary panel of the college heard Tuesday that Ms. Papadopoulos, a psychological associate, gave improper advice on a number podcasts made with her husband, Stefan Molyneux.

A self-described Internet philosopher, Mr. Molyneux is behind hundreds of posts, podcasts and videos on his website, Freedomain Radio, that discuss a range of topics from a libertarian mindset. "Stef and I, we have the capacity to help the world," Ms. Papadopoulos says in one podcast.

The couple has garnered little attention in Canada, but several parents from Britain and the United States have told The Globe and Mail that their children consulted Freedomain Radio, then became estranged from their families.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/controversial-podcaster-listened-in-on-therapist-wife-and-clients-lawsuit-alleges/article22158708/
Already controversial for counselling his followers to shun their parents, a Toronto-area podcaster is facing allegations he listened in on his therapist wife as she met with distraught patients.

Stefan Molyneux is a self-described libertarian philosopher. His wife, Christina Papadopoulos, is a psychological associate in Mississauga.

The College of Psychologists of Ontario found Ms. Papadopoulos guilty of professional misconduct in November, 2012, faulting her for adopting Mr. Molyneux's views and using the Internet to counsel people to sever ties with their families.

A civil court complaint filed on Oct. 24 in California says Mr. Molyneux boasted in a 2006 podcast that he would listen while his wife talked with her patients, even interjecting and suggesting they sign up with his website.

The allegations are part of a lawsuit filed by a Texas woman who has accused Mr. Molyneux of abusively invoking U.S. copyright law to silence her criticism of his podcasts.
Her lawsuit said one of her video criticisms quoted from a Molyneux podcast in which he said "that he listens in on his wife's confidential sessions with her patients in her home office and interferes with the therapy sessions to suggest the patients join and donate to Freedomain Radio."

The comments are not in the version of podcast 291 now on Mr. Molyneux's YouTube channel, but are in a longer version Ms. Raven provided after a request from The Globe and Mail.

In the version provided by Ms. Raven, Mr. Molyneux states that it is June 21, 2006. He then speaks about listening in as his wife meets with "messed up and sobbing" clients at her home office.

"I'm in the vent system, listening, and I'm – she calls it heckling, but I don't really call it heckling, I just call it providing suggestions about how things should go and that the people should donate to Freedomain Radio," he says in the podcast.

"I mean, it takes them a while to figure what on Earth that is, but I do, sort of, try to put my two cents in and Christina says that sometimes can be distracting and so on. But even with the combined weight of her, directly in front of them, and me, my ghostly voice floating in through the vents, they still have trouble making the kind of personal changes that really have a positive effect on their lives."

Ms. Raven says in her lawsuit that her YouTube channel was shut down after complaints from an associate of Mr. Molyneux, Michael DeMarco, who invoked the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), a U.S. law regulating intellectual property.

Under the DMCA, an Internet provider facing allegations that its clients violated copyright can avoid liability by removing the contentious content, even without investigating the validity of the complaint. As a result, so-called DMCA takedowns have been criticized as an abusive form of censorship.

"Molyneux apparently believes that it is acceptable to use the copyright laws to silence his critics – without any claimed copyright basis – by publishing false accusations," the lawsuit said, noting that Mr. Molyneux previously opposed intellectual property.

https://members.cpo.on.ca/public_register/investigation_detail/124
The parties presented the Panel with an Agreed Statement of Facts which states as follows:

The member, Ms. Christina Papadopoulos, hereby formally admits the following facts:

The Member has been a member of the College, registered as a Psychological Associate since December 10, 1997. Since that time, the member has been authorized to provide psychological services in Ontario, and provide such services in an autonomous practice in Mississauga.

The College received two complaints concerning the Member. The first was received in June 2009 and the second was received in April 2011. A panel of the Inquiries, Complaints and Reports Committee (“ICRC”) of the College considered each complaint and disposed of it in accordance with the provisions of the Health Professions Procedural Code (the “Code”) by way of a referral, in each case, of specified allegations of misconduct arising from those complaints to the Discipline Committee of the College.

Subsequent to the referral arising out of each complaint of specified allegations of professional misconduct to the Discipline Committee, the College issued an amended Notice of Hearing, in order that, in accordance with the consent of the Member, these two related matters could proceed together by way of one consolidated hearing. There is significant overlap between the specified allegations of professional misconduct and the facts underlying those specified allegations, in each case, and accordingly, a joint hearing is the most expeditious and appropriate manner in which to proceed, given the public interest.

In the course of investigating the second complaint, the College conducted an investigation pursuant to S. 75 of the Health Professions Procedural Code, being Schedule 2 to the Regulated Health Professions Act, 1991. The investigation reviewed 10 records from the Member’s practice, and found that the Member had not recommended deFOOing to any of the clients to whom the 10 records pertained. However the Member made public statements and provided advice to the public via the website www.freedomainradio.com and podcasts available thereon, wherein she discussed and recommended “deFOOing”, or dissociating from families of origin in providing advice to specific individuals. The Member made statements and provided advice in the context of her personal experience and also while relying upon her qualifications and registration as a Psychological Associate. While providing advice to individuals, she did so without properly assessing the circumstances of the members of the internet audience to whom advice was provided.

Ms. Papadopoulos acknowledges and recognizes, that the making of personal disclosures in the context of the podcasts in which she was identified as a therapist and a registered member of the College, were capable of misinterpretation as psychological advice although she maintains that they were not intended as such.

While it may be appropriate to recommend family separation in cases of abuse, the Member did not obtain a sufficient history to ascertain whether the advice was warranted in the circumstances discussed in the podcasts. Although the Member advised that listeners seek professional help in their home communities on a number of locations, she acknowledges that this advice was given in the absence of any meeting or proper assessment, and there was significant risk of misunderstanding by members of the public and the individuals to whom the Member directed advice and comments and such misunderstandings posed a risk of harm.

The Member made general statements and provided advice, both in general terms and directed towards particular individuals that are not supported by current professional literature or consistent with the Standards. One example is the following statement, made in the context of answering the question regarding whether some people are better off single than coupled. The Member replied:

“My immediate impulsive reaction is: no one is better off single than coupled-and sometimes our impulses are correct, and sometimes are (sic) impulses are just that, and need to be explored and debated.”

“Given how dysfunctional many people are in today’s society, I’d say that it is better for them to be single. In fact I do counsel a lot of my clients not to date while they’re going through the process of therapy, because it is far too difficult to manage the relationship while you’re trying to figure yourself out, and often times those relationships will end up failing.”

“… In a perfect world where everybody is psychologically healthy, I think, you know, relationships are absolutely-can be absolutely wonderful. Very stimulating… I can only speak based on my relationships with [her husband] how enormously satisfying and fulfilling it is, and how happy we are. And, I wish that for everybody. I really, truly do… But, I don’t think it’s possibly for everybody until they are able to work through a lot of their own issues.”

Another example is the following statement, made in response to a question about why someone was attracted to women who were not interested in a romantic relationship:

“I would say that it’s because he questions himself that he ends up choosing women who are not interested in him, or-not necessarily interested in him, who are not emotionally available or whom moved him directly into a guy friend status there’s part of you, my dear friend, that doesn’t think you are worthy of having that level of intimacy, or that level of connectedness with someone. There’s a part of you, I think, that’s also quite afraid of it so you’re drawn to people who aren’t going to be able to give it to you.”

There is the risk and certainly the perception of the public, that the Member’s objectivity, competence and effectiveness were compromised by financial interests, since the Freedomain Radio website (although not the Member herself), actively solicited donations from readers and listeners, which promoted and benefited the site managed by the Member’s husband, with the suggestion that the level of donation to the website (her husband) reflect the number of podcasts listened to by any individual. The member’s private practice website (www.mississaugatherapy.com) was also accessible in the “Ask a Therapist” section of the Freedomain Radio website.

In presenting information that is not representative of the discipline of the profession of psychology, and which could be harmful to a member or members of the public, while using and relying upon her qualifications and registration as a registered Psychological Associate member of the College, the Member acted in a manner that would reasonably be regarded by members as disgraceful, dishonourable or unprofessional.
[close]

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #1061 on: April 10, 2019, 10:11:23 PM »
:drudge :drudge :drudge Nate Silver called Nassim Taleb a cuck :drudge :drudge :drudge
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1115275628390039555

benjipwns

« Reply #1062 on: April 10, 2019, 10:38:17 PM »
there's a whole bunch of deleted tweets and/or intentional subtweets in that exchange that goes back six months which makes it somewhat difficult to spool out the original start of this argument that led to this point, but the latest thing where 538 tested ALL their predictions back to 2008 seems to be getting a lot of Twitter takes that are debating Taleb's theories about the 50% threshold and focused entirely on the elections data while missing an obvious factor in 538's overall report because i assume they aren't familiar with two-thirds of the dataset which are continually updated sports projections

and that's mostly the other people replying, i can't really figure out exactly what Taleb's complaint is even with the article he keeps referencing as he seems more upset with the fact that other people don't understand 538's probabilities and blames Nate for it because he refuses to lecture higher level statistics methods to the political media and that Nate seems to be ignoring this one Taleb paper in his writeups for a casual audience... and Taleb wouldn't respond directly to Nate for months until just the other day which led to this so it's even harder to figure out what he wants

Taleb sure references his and Nate's number of followers a lot though

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #1063 on: April 11, 2019, 12:11:40 AM »
I don't know anything about statistics but Silver seems like he got pretty mad and Taleb seems like his normal levels of mad so I'm going to give Taleb the victory in this one.

Oblivion

« Reply #1064 on: April 11, 2019, 01:32:40 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

I thought Blaire said she was going to stop being involved in politics after she found out that some of her shitty anti-trans conservative friends weren't genuinely anti-trans enough?

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #1065 on: April 13, 2019, 10:32:37 PM »

jakefromstatefarm

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1067 on: April 18, 2019, 04:38:46 AM »
I thought JORP preferred logical arguments:
'It seems to me that the packed Cambridge Union auditorium, the intelligent questioning associated with the lecture, and the overwhelming number of views the subsequently posted video accrued, indicates that there a number of Cambridge students are very interested in what I have to say, and might well regard my visit “as a valuable contribution to the University.”'
https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_popularity

Oblivion

« Reply #1068 on: April 18, 2019, 02:27:37 PM »
I love every single thing about this exchange:

https://twitter.com/hanton_jeff/status/1118549529047887872

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #1069 on: April 18, 2019, 02:35:03 PM »
Wait Shapiro wouldn't attend a marriage between a Jew and a non-Jew???

Oblivion

« Reply #1070 on: April 18, 2019, 03:36:58 PM »
Wait Shapiro wouldn't attend a marriage between a Jew and a non-Jew???

Yeah, I was surprised about too, but then not really.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1071 on: April 18, 2019, 03:40:43 PM »
CoRpoRaTioNs: "We Will Deplatform ALEX JONES!"

Alex: "Strike me down and I will become more powerful than you can ever imagine"

🤴

Oblivion

« Reply #1072 on: April 19, 2019, 07:13:25 PM »
you guys ready for the  :drudge BATTLE OF IDEAS  :drudge

Oblivion

« Reply #1073 on: April 19, 2019, 08:09:21 PM »
IT'S STARTING

LINK:

Oblivion

« Reply #1074 on: April 20, 2019, 12:30:14 AM »
None of you intellectual COWARDS decided to watch? :punch

It was actually way better than I thought, and Zizek really came through.

agrajag

« Reply #1075 on: April 20, 2019, 12:44:01 AM »
three and  half hours breh

:boring

I'll probably watch it later
[close]

agrajag

« Reply #1076 on: April 20, 2019, 01:07:03 AM »

That student's name? Benjamin Pwns

Oblivion

« Reply #1077 on: April 20, 2019, 01:49:49 AM »

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #1078 on: April 20, 2019, 02:00:16 AM »
From what I hear Peterson went to the Manifesto because he thought it was the definitive Marxist document which goes to show what an intellectual scrub he is

Oblivion

« Reply #1079 on: April 20, 2019, 02:16:58 AM »
From what I hear Peterson went to the Manifesto because he thought it was the definitive Marxist document which goes to show what an intellectual scrub he is

he also decided to go with that cause it was the shortest