Author Topic: Wank Dad 2: Electric Wankaloo  (Read 23095 times)

curly

Re: Wank Dad 2: Electric Wankaloo
« Reply #840 on: January 10, 2019, 02:20:14 AM »
I'm sure someone has brought this up, but I was always confused why when that story came out nobody seemed to think the opposing team wouldn't just leave back a defender ala hockey/soccer/etc., especially to potentially front the pass. Instead all the writers seemed to be arguing about the advantage of an extra man on offense, which I think would be less of a problem of having an unguarded man shooting and more of not being able to as easily box out the fifth player. Teams already have plenty of experience guarding possessions with a single weak side man in a zone and two or more offensive players not even involved in it.

edit: Actually, perhaps ironically, a center like Boogie gives you arguably the same advantage as that 4-on-5 scheme if he doesn't have to run block to block but instead plays outside. That's why the Bucks can play five out with Brook Lopez, or why Channing Frye is still in the league.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:expert

Now I'm having flashbacks to when I used to check up on Dave Berri's blog, where every post was some variation of "Conventional wisdom says that Joel Przybilla is an unremarkable player. This shows that everybody involved in decision-making in the NBA is an idiot, because he has the highest Wins Produced since Dennis Rodman and has single-handedly won 15 games this season."

benjipwns

« Reply #841 on: January 10, 2019, 02:28:30 AM »
I never understood why WoW didn't see how obvious it was they were overweighting (offensive) rebounds.

BoxScoreGeeks has never bothered, even with all their tweaks, to fix their inability to project future wins within a sensible MoE with it.

edit: here's some peak-Joel for ya: https://www.boxscoregeeks.com/players?sort=wins_produced&direction=desc&season=2008
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 02:34:49 AM by benjipwns »
meowr

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #842 on: January 10, 2019, 02:33:19 AM »
I'm sure someone has brought this up, but I was always confused why when that story came out nobody seemed to think the opposing team wouldn't just leave back a defender ala hockey/soccer/etc., especially to potentially front the pass.

Everybody said this!

benjipwns

« Reply #843 on: January 10, 2019, 02:35:29 AM »
k
meowr

benjipwns

« Reply #844 on: January 10, 2019, 02:39:11 AM »
huh
After the story was written, it was published and run on Forbes.com at 9:00 a.m. ET on October 23rd. However, after the NBA complained about the content of Berri’s story to his editors, the story was removed from Forbes’ website shortly after noon on the same day. No one at Forbes edited the piece before it was published, according to Berri.

Berri and Forbes have since parted ways after the article was taken down and not re-run. The two parties were unable to come to an agreement over republishing the story and how it could be further improved and edited for publication.

“The article was removed because it failed to meet Forbes’ strict editorial standards for accuracy and fairness,” Forbes said in a statement to WNBAInsidr. “Specifically, the contributor intentionally omitted facts and context from an authoritative source that would have undermined his thesis. As a result, David Berri was removed as a Forbes contributor.” Berri told WNBAInsidr that the editor at Forbes failed to indicate to him which specific claims made by Berri undermined his argument and what changes needed to be made. Berri said that he asked his editor to make specific changes, and the editor refused.
meowr

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #845 on: January 10, 2019, 02:39:36 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #846 on: January 10, 2019, 02:43:18 AM »
excellent :mrburns
meowr

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #847 on: January 10, 2019, 02:45:58 AM »
This thread's dredging up some internet names I hadn't thought about in a minute.

It's like when I was reading about the Angry Puppies thing and finally realized that "Theodore Beale" was really just Vox Day.

benjipwns

« Reply #848 on: January 10, 2019, 06:45:47 AM »

:lol
meowr

agrajag

• just a little
« Reply #849 on: January 10, 2019, 06:47:53 AM »
trim your nails benji, jeez. It's like nothing Daddy P says is getting through to you.
prick

BIONIC-ARRRMMM!!

• Liberal Brazilian Trucker #UncalcifyBobby
« Reply #850 on: January 10, 2019, 06:53:33 AM »
Is this now the catch-all thread for all the shitheads that use the phrase “the marketplace of ideas” unironically?  :bedroomeyes
Kcils

benjipwns

« Reply #851 on: January 10, 2019, 06:55:54 AM »
That was etoliate's original vision and I'm staying true to it. Peterson's explosive popularity and Assi's inability to read just made him the premier Wank Dad.
meowr

agrajag

• just a little
« Reply #852 on: January 10, 2019, 06:57:24 AM »
Is this now the catch-all thread for all the shitheads that use the phrase “the marketplace of ideas” unironically?  :bedroomeyes

I don't think there is a single person on the bore that uses marketplace of ideas unironically.
prick

benjipwns

« Reply #853 on: January 10, 2019, 07:00:51 AM »
Oh man, how did this never make it into the canon:
Quote from: etoliate
There's a You Must Be This Tall To Ride rule about this stuff. You Must Be This Emotionally and Intellectually Mature To Ride the discussion roller coaster. [=- Proceed to emoji your rolleyes and newsfeed here -=]
meowr

BIONIC-ARRRMMM!!

• Liberal Brazilian Trucker #UncalcifyBobby
« Reply #854 on: January 10, 2019, 07:02:33 AM »

I don't think there is a single person on the bore that uses marketplace of ideas unironically.

I mean the “personalities” Benji keeps posting about, not my fellow Boritos.
Kcils

agrajag

• just a little
« Reply #855 on: January 10, 2019, 07:10:11 AM »
oh, in that case yes. It occasionally spills over to the Politics thread, to the chagrin of Debbie Downer Mandark.
prick

Mandark

• Icon

benjipwns

« Reply #857 on: January 10, 2019, 07:11:40 AM »
I'd like to point out that Sargon literally e-mailed the Louis C.K. embassy.
meowr

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #858 on: January 10, 2019, 07:18:28 AM »

I don't get this gag.

benjipwns

« Reply #859 on: January 10, 2019, 07:22:46 AM »
There was a ResetERA.com thread about China doing some crappy authoritarian thing and someone posted "what can we do about it?" and the response was "e-mail the embassy."

They've had a large number of similar comments about how people need to post on someone's Facebook/Twitter about [X] and that was rolled into e-mail the embassy. Like one was about something Elizabeth Warren did and dude was all "people need to be telling her on Facebook."

edit: https://www.resetera.com/threads/reuters-tracking-chinas-muslim-gulag.84477/post-15568802
Criticism at world stage should be start. Email chinese embassy. Write in news paper national one.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 07:26:51 AM by benjipwns »
meowr

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #860 on: January 10, 2019, 07:25:46 AM »
well I walked into that one

benjipwns

« Reply #861 on: January 10, 2019, 07:32:09 AM »
I just like that he thinks Louis C.K. personally copyright strikes YouTube videos or answers his public e-mail.
meowr

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #862 on: January 10, 2019, 07:37:13 AM »
Yeah, I was just going to point that out. I know it lists him personally as the claimant rather than a production company or whatever (makes sense, it's a live performance not being distributed otherwise), but what are the odds that the multi-millionaire comedian is sitting at home manually searching Youtube and filling out copyright strike forms?

It's like one step away from middle aged guys tweeting at the pictures posted by some generic Hot Girls Daily type account, as if they're speaking directly to Kylie Jenner or whoever.

edit: or a Canadian professor in the middle of a meat-filled fugue state challenging various quote accounts to a live debate.

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #863 on: January 10, 2019, 10:23:02 AM »
I do sort of remember my personally lumping him in with the (often Canadian for some reason) Objectivist types, even though I don't think he's an Objectivist, that sees a whole "clash of civilizations" going on and argues that it's not a rights violation to murder people in countries with less rights than the United States/Canada because countries that have more freedom are justified to "liberate" less free countries. It was because he was saying some similar stuff about Muslim countries and Islam. Some other wank dad people like Sargon have occasionally expressed similar sentiments about people who live under Islam.

Wasn't something like this the official Ayn Rand Institute position?
QED

riotous

• my wife fucks me
« Reply #864 on: January 10, 2019, 11:11:10 AM »

Narrator:  Nobody understood that reference you weirdo.

agrajag

• just a little
« Reply #865 on: January 10, 2019, 11:16:22 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Narrator:  Nobody understood that reference you weirdo.

Hello riotous, I would like to introduce you to Beni (not to be confused with the ResetERA video game sales insider)
prick

riotous

• my wife fucks me
« Reply #866 on: January 10, 2019, 11:32:38 AM »
I like to think Benji is locked in a padded room somewhere staring at a bank of computer screens that scroll resetera, neogaf, thebore, twitter posts, etc. past him 24 hours a day.   Every once in a while a keyboard emerges from the wall and he is allowed to type posts into the Bore for a few minutes at a time.   

benjipwns

« Reply #867 on: January 10, 2019, 11:36:16 AM »
I like to think Benji is locked in a padded room somewhere staring at a bank of computer screens that scroll resetera, neogaf, thebore, twitter posts, etc. past him 24 hours a day.   Every once in a while a keyboard emerges from the wall and he is allowed to type posts into the Bore for a few minutes at a time.   
pls no dox
meowr

agrajag

• just a little
« Reply #868 on: January 10, 2019, 11:37:54 AM »

he's like the alt-right Cypher from The Matrix

#Assireference
prick

agrajag

• just a little
« Reply #869 on: January 10, 2019, 11:39:02 AM »
"I don't even see the code. All I see is giant dad, SJW, furry, transracial."
prick

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #870 on: January 10, 2019, 12:43:04 PM »

recursivelyenumerable

« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 06:43:20 PM by recursivelyenumerable »
QED

curly

« Reply #872 on: January 11, 2019, 12:46:19 AM »
do you think I am fucking stupid enough to not check Babylonian genetics?

newsfeed pls

Mr Gilhaney

« Reply #873 on: January 11, 2019, 01:43:31 AM »

my close family is currently going through genetic testing, due to a defect in my liver that they can't figure out. as a result, i've had to listen to my brother who is on this diet, arguing with the doctors there about what a great diet this is. the amount of times i've had to listen to his bullshit recently and just pray to god him or the doctor would give up.  :stahp
👨

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #874 on: January 11, 2019, 09:16:20 PM »

agrajag

• just a little
« Reply #875 on: January 11, 2019, 09:18:04 PM »
 :dead
prick

benjipwns

« Reply #876 on: January 11, 2019, 09:24:31 PM »
Ignoring for the moment that Steve King's whole thing has been pretty obvious for a long time, I think that's actually pretty good of him to openly update an article from 2017 like that. Most of the Wank Dad would just memory hole it completely or dig in more. Shapiro sometimes seems like he's trying to be better than he has to be.
meowr

agrajag

• just a little
« Reply #877 on: January 11, 2019, 09:32:24 PM »
Shapiro sometimes seems like he's trying to be better than he has to be.

:iface
prick

benjipwns

« Reply #878 on: January 11, 2019, 09:50:51 PM »
I mean in that he actually does journalistic like things like this or firing really bad writers, he is often actually nice to people dunking on him on twitter and will play along, he will go on YouTube channels to poke fun at himself and the "this is epic" meme, is willing to debate/appear on non-positive-only sites, agreed with Sandy on the debate thing others were trying to start but said he was still open to a debate on her terms, etc.

Compare that to the rest of the Wank Dad and the conservative media in general who are completely humorless and don't even feign integrity. (edit: I don't think he's totally reversed his Trump position either like Tucker did) He clearly doesn't have to do these things and keep his fans. Hell, compare to a "comedian" in Steven Crowder and it seems like Shapiro is massively more comfortable with it all.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 09:55:27 PM by benjipwns »
meowr

benjipwns

« Reply #879 on: January 11, 2019, 09:52:14 PM »
I mean in that he actually does journalistic like things like this or firing really bad writers, he is often actually nice to people dunking on him on twitter and will play along, he will go on YouTube channels to poke fun at himself and the "this is epic" meme, is willing to debate/appear on non-positive-only sites, agreed with Sandy on the debate thing others were trying to start but said he was still open to a debate on her terms, etc.

Compare that to the rest of the Wank Dad and the conservative media in general who are completely humorless and don't even feign integrity. He clearly doesn't have to do these things and keep his fans. Hell, compare to a "comedian" in Steven Crowder and it seems like Shapiro is massively more comfortable with it all.
wow why don't u marry him or bump ur love letter thread
meowr

benjipwns

« Reply #880 on: January 11, 2019, 10:03:08 PM »
basically what i'm saying is I MADE A GLORIOUS INTELLECTUAL BEN SHAPIRO THREAD ALREADY, DON'T HIDE HIS GLORY IN HERE :maf :maf :maf :maf

we won't be able to see him if all the rest of the Wank Dad's stand up front
meowr

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #881 on: January 11, 2019, 10:16:47 PM »
Shapiro very clearly wants to be the next in the Buckley/Safire/Will line of big time conservative public intellectuals, and probably thought that he would already be at that point by now.

Probably kills him inside that he has to keep shilling brain pills and crypto currency instead of taking the spot on the ideas festival circuit that is rightfully his.

benjipwns

« Reply #882 on: January 11, 2019, 10:33:07 PM »
Last time I saw a clip of him on a Fox show, maybe Tucker, you could see that doing a remote, while the other guest was in studio, was offensive to him. :lol
meowr

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #883 on: January 11, 2019, 10:49:56 PM »
On a similar note, I had the problematic thought that if the libertarian gun girl would be a much bigger deal than she is if she were actually hot.

agrajag

• just a little
« Reply #884 on: January 14, 2019, 10:46:06 PM »
You gotta love how the entire Rubin Report subreddit is nothing but people dunking on Dave Rubin. Take a look

https://www.reddit.com/r/daverubin/
prick

recursivelyenumerable

QED

CatsCatsCats

« Reply #886 on: January 17, 2019, 10:36:18 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Yo pretty sure JPs gammy molested him, seems to make sense
😽💨

Nintex

• <(^_^)>
« Reply #887 on: January 18, 2019, 02:50:46 PM »
Shapiro reminds us that he's unfortunately not dead yet.
https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1086301380334272512
dutch

benjipwns

« Reply #888 on: January 19, 2019, 08:20:07 AM »
meowr

KennyLoggins

« Reply #889 on: January 19, 2019, 09:24:25 AM »
I expected a voiceover at the end of the first video telling me to donate for Poland.

Besides that, monoculture in Poland? Danzig or Breslau are just weird sounding Polish names. Lithuania? Never heard of it.

KennyLoggins

« Reply #890 on: January 19, 2019, 09:31:25 AM »
This guy has clearly no idea about Poland. Communist architecture being left up to remid the people of the horrors of communism? No Pole worth his salt would tear down a perfectly functional building just to send some ideological message. :doge

benjipwns

« Reply #891 on: January 19, 2019, 09:40:13 AM »
the music and the constantly swaying camera work just fucking kills me, he's not even in the frame for like twenty seconds at one point :dead
meowr

filler

• filler
  • Lupus
« Reply #892 on: January 19, 2019, 03:04:45 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #893 on: January 28, 2019, 02:18:42 PM »
meowr

Mandark

• Icon

benjipwns

« Reply #895 on: January 28, 2019, 02:36:15 PM »
Peterson promoted this video against him:
https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1089250376098947072

While the CBC apparently aired this documentary:
meowr

shosta

• just a thought
« Reply #896 on: January 28, 2019, 02:39:37 PM »
did jordan peterson do anything in 2018 at all besides hanging out with dave rubin

KennyLoggins

« Reply #897 on: January 28, 2019, 02:53:45 PM »
did jordan peterson do anything in 2018 at all besides hanging out with dave rubin

:gurl :ufup

Kara

• The P in MPL secretly stands for Petite Bourgeois
« Reply #898 on: January 28, 2019, 03:04:35 PM »
A Discord I started posting in has a dedicated channel for shit posting but it's basically one for politics and there are some genuine Daddy P fans in it. They also have massive self own health issues like alcohol-induced gout under the age of 40.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #899 on: January 28, 2019, 03:07:09 PM »
did jordan peterson do anything

fixed
©ZH