Author Topic: Sekiro Shadows Die Twice (translator's note: Sekiro means ninja fuckery)  (Read 93426 times)

Bebpo

Re: Sekiro Shadows Die Twice (translator's note: Sekiro means ninja fuckery)
« Reply #600 on: April 22, 2019, 12:54:38 AM »
So yeah now I've got 2 more areas to do, Sunken Valley & Abandoned Dungeon. Saw some creepy shaman mini-boss and a Torii gate that looked boss fight-y so left to get my xp to the next level bar so I don't lose it all.

Should I do these areas before fighting Seven Spears, Grey Haired Blue Samurai & Genichiro?

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #601 on: April 22, 2019, 01:30:24 AM »
So yeah now I've got 2 more areas to do, Sunken Valley & Abandoned Dungeon. Saw some creepy shaman mini-boss and a Torii gate that looked boss fight-y so left to get my xp to the next level bar so I don't lose it all.

Should I do these areas before fighting Seven Spears, Grey Haired Blue Samurai & Genichiro?
I'd do seven spears and samurai guy first, but it's all the same.
Genichiro is really the one advancing the plot, so leave him last maybe.

Bebpo

« Reply #602 on: April 22, 2019, 02:32:43 AM »
Ok, sounds good. So I’ve got one question still.

The sweep warning sign moves. Is there a specific way you’re supposed to counter those like Mikiri for the parries? I find surprisingly on most bosses so far that you can just interrupt it with a slash? Otherwise I just jump away and slash. I feel like since everything else has a specific parry move there should be something for that?

Also are any of the special move skills useful? Because I bought one and like never ever use it.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #603 on: April 22, 2019, 05:32:54 AM »
Ok, sounds good. So I’ve got one question still.

The sweep warning sign moves. Is there a specific way you’re supposed to counter those like Mikiri for the parries? I find surprisingly on most bosses so far that you can just interrupt it with a slash? Otherwise I just jump away and slash. I feel like since everything else has a specific parry move there should be something for that?

Also are any of the special move skills useful? Because I bought one and like never ever use it.
You're supposed to jump over them, ideally making a stomp on their head, Super Mario style, and then finish it off with an aerial combo (should get 2 or 3 hits in, at least).
Later on, you can get a combat skill that's incredibly good at countering them, called "High Monk".

Also don't listen to Borys on prostethics, it all depends on how you play, whether they have some use or not (same for *some* combat arts, though they are admittedly more sparse in their usefulness).  :doge
You'll never convince me the shiled isn't useful, or the shuriken, just very situational, as it's supposed to be.

Violet shield + projected force against Sichiman warrior for example, destroys their posture in seconds, same for High Monk against the long shadow ninjas ( or O'Rin), or Shadow Rush against many enemies, or shuriken against Lady Butterfly, the axe against ROBERTOOO etc.

You can win the game without using them, but you could say the same about anything, they're there to help you, you can win the game without using R1 attack for that matter (as you can see from some challenge runs).

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #604 on: April 22, 2019, 07:50:24 AM »
b) Reduced the Posture damage dealt by the first hit of the Combat Arts "Senpou Leaping Kicks" and "High Monk" as it was causing more damage than intended in certain cases. Posture damage dealt in the latter-half of the combo has been increased.
Famous last words.
Tbh i'm already starting to feel over the game, so i don't care that much, but the last thing combat arts needed, were nerfing, wtf.

kingv

« Reply #605 on: April 22, 2019, 08:43:21 AM »
Spent the evening running around Ashina Castle exploring. Found a couple prayer beads (one under the serpent shrine, one in the hidden wall in the upper antechamber) and found 3 minibosses and 1 boss and a new area.

Here are my options at this point to do in any order:

-Purple Ninja in Hirata
-Headless in Ashina Outskirts
-Lonearm Samurai guy where you were resurrected in the intro
-Seven Spears guy at the temple ahead of that
-Grey haired blue samurai guy at the Dojo
-Genichiro at the top (I got there by going down the stairs from the dojo past the 2 samurai and then run past the 3 grey tengu ninjas up the stairs onto the rooftops; dunno if that was the main way)
-And access to the Sunken Valley (haven't gone in yet)

I've got 2 prayer beads and I read there's a hidden one I missed in Hirata so once I grab that I'll have 3/4 beads. I should be able to get like 2 more VIT upgrades from all those mini-bosses.
I got the umbrella/spear/sabimaru sub-weapons & the anti-air deathblow attack. Can't afford most of the sub-weapon upgrades even though I have the materials because don't have the coin yet.

I gained 7 skill levels doing this. Haven't spent them on anything yet, not sure what to get next. Got the deathblow healing 5 cost skill last. Have air slash/deflection/Mikiri. Hmmm.

Also I got Isshin's letter above the 3 grey haired tengu and it says to ask Emma about it but it won't let me ask her about it at the shrine? Weird.

Haven't really messed around with any of those sub-bosses or bosses yet, just found them, died and went exploring elsewhere.

Grey haired dude in the dojo can be stun locked btw.

Equip the whirlwind slash combat art, and fire crackers. Run up to him at the beginning and firecracker him then just keep spamming whirlwind. After the first health bar just do it again. He can’t get out of it.

Bebpo

« Reply #606 on: April 22, 2019, 11:56:57 AM »
Haha, that’s funny that the only boss they nerf is the flaming bull because the fight sucks.

Bebpo

« Reply #607 on: April 22, 2019, 11:59:05 AM »
Btw, what do you guys think about Mist Raven? I was messing with it last night after getting it and it seem really good? Counter and then teleport behind and get good hits in, repeat over and over and knock down VIT extra fast.

Bebpo

« Reply #608 on: April 22, 2019, 04:51:57 PM »
So I fought the blue samurai guy below Genichiro.

His quick draw 1-2 slice is ridiculous. Does like 90% HP damage and even when I deflect/block it I still take like 30% HP damage and get staggered often. I guess for this guy you're supposed to just dodge around and attack and not attack and parry?

I tried out Mist Raven on him and when he'd go for a hit I'd teleport right behind him and get 2-3 good clean hits -> repeat. Beat him on my first try with mist raven and I didn't even do a stealth deathblow, just took off 2 bars doing that. Mist Raven seems pretty damn useful since a lot of times even if you parry it doesn't free up any room for VIT hits on the enemy. Like usually I'll parry and counter slash they just block them so it's posture battle. But with Mist Raven, by teleporting behind and getting a few hits in after every parry it takes their VIT down fast and gets them to deathblow posture a lot quicker.

But this assumes the opponent has a sword.

I tried the 7 Spear guy next, doing the stealth deathblow for the first lifebar, but not doing so hot on him in battle. I get some Mikiri counters in and hits here and there but the problem I have is when you get the red marker he can either do a stab (mikiri counter) or a circular sweep (jumping) but I have a hard time seeing which he's doing and I mikiri dash into his sweep or jump and get stabbed on his stab.

I tried using mist raven on him but it's kinda useless because when you teleport behind him he still hits you with his circular swing attacks.
He also seems to have a lot of posture/hp, I get some good hits/counters in and he's not even at 50%.

Himu

« Reply #609 on: April 22, 2019, 05:18:21 PM »
a) Slightly reduced Posture and Vitality of Blazing Bull in order to improve game pacing and balance time in combat.

fuck yes
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #610 on: April 22, 2019, 05:20:12 PM »

His quick draw 1-2 slice is ridiculous. Does like 90% HP damage and even when I deflect/block it I still take like 30% HP damage and get staggered often. I guess for this guy you're supposed to just dodge around and attack and not attack and parry?

side step but parry works just fine

IYKYK

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #611 on: April 22, 2019, 05:21:55 PM »

Nah, if you parry is real easy, because his posture gets destroyed in like, 3 combos.

When you see the glimmer in his sword, quickly double tap parry, and jump on his head if you see the perilous attack.
That basically all he does.

If you still cant parry him, use the magnetic shield so you can parry him with that.

He goes down fast.
-
7 spears is probably the toughest miniboss of the first half of the game, in my opinion.

Himu

« Reply #612 on: April 22, 2019, 05:29:27 PM »
Seven Spears is pretty easy once you understand him.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #613 on: April 22, 2019, 06:58:51 PM »
Any tips? Any good sub weapon on seven spears or strategy for his red alert moves? He doesn't seem that bad compared to other mini-bosses (only tried him like 3 times so far) because his attacks are pretty slow but that reach is killer and he's got a lot of HP/posture. So far I'd say that the dude on the stairs with the 4 gunners is the hardest mini-boss I've fought and the fucking bull was the hardest boss because it's bullshit lol. Harder than Lady Butterfly :P

Hmmm, yeah on the sword guy timing on the double tap seemed tough and if you mess it up and eat the 2nd hit you're basically dead. But like I said I love Mist Raven. It's essentially that shit from the Naruto games where you turn into a log and teleport behind the guy. Seems very OP to me, and gives a much wider parry window + ability to punish the enemy much harder when you parry, but what do I know. I tried the umbrella counter and didn't find it helped any more than normal parrying to me.

kingv

« Reply #614 on: April 22, 2019, 07:36:53 PM »

I tried out Mist Raven on him and when he'd go for a hit I'd teleport right behind him and get 2-3 good clean hits -> repeat. Beat him on my first try with mist raven and I didn't even do a stealth deathblow, just took off 2 bars doing that. Mist Raven seems pretty damn useful since a lot of times even if you parry it doesn't free up any room for VIT hits on the enemy. Like usually I'll parry and counter slash they just block them so it's posture battle. But with Mist Raven, by teleporting behind and getting a few hits in after every parry it takes their VIT down fast and gets them to deathblow posture a lot quicker.

I tried the 7 Spear guy next, doing the stealth deathblow for the first lifebar, but not doing so hot on him in battle. I get some Mikiri counters in and hits here and there but the problem I have is when you get the red marker he can either do a stab (mikiri counter) or a circular sweep (jumping) but I have a hard time seeing which he's doing and I mikiri dash into his sweep or jump and get stabbed on his stab.

I tried using mist raven on him but it's kinda useless because when you teleport behind him he still hits you with his circular swing attacks.
He also seems to have a lot of posture/hp, I get some good hits/counters in and he's not even at 50%.

This is the guy you can stun lock with the whirlwind slash.

It makes him really trivial. Just firecracker him once and then spam that move over and over again.

Edit: the guy below Genichiro

Himu

« Reply #615 on: April 22, 2019, 08:07:55 PM »
For 7 spears always back up when he uses a red kanji. You don’t know what he’ll do so wait for the thrust then  counter. You should be able to get a free stealth kill for one life bar.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #616 on: April 22, 2019, 08:20:40 PM »

This is the guy you can stun lock with the whirlwind slash.

It makes him really trivial. Just firecracker him once and then spam that move over and over again.

Edit: the guy below Genichiro

Yeah, you said that but I wanted to fight him normally if I could.

For 7 spears always back up when he uses a red kanji. You don’t know what he’ll do so wait for the thrust then  counter. You should be able to get a free stealth kill for one life bar.

Yeah I get the stealth kill from along the cliffside. I was thinking what you said about the red kanji, stay outta sweep range and that way if he sweeps you're safe and if he mikiris then he'll come at you then mikiri counter.

Bebpo

« Reply #617 on: April 22, 2019, 10:22:55 PM »
It's kinda crazy how busted some of these bosses/mini-bosses are with certain subweapons. I was talking to duckroll and he told me for 7 spears just use the axe and I did slash/slash/axe/slash/slash/axe/slash/slash/axe and he can't break out of it and then he dies or you run out of axe and you die.

Bebpo

« Reply #618 on: April 22, 2019, 10:42:09 PM »
Actually axe isn't that great against him lol. First time I tried that was without going stealth and I trapped him in a slash/axe loop for one lifebar and then ran out of axe. Thought I just needed to do stealth for one bar and then axe/slash combo but died a billion times after doing that. Eventually beat him with stealth, a few mikiris and hits in here and there for some posture/hp damage and then finish it off with a bunch of axe/slash/axe/slash while eating damage and hoping to kill him before I die from eating too much damage aka face tanking.

Bebpo

« Reply #619 on: April 23, 2019, 12:51:10 AM »
So instead of fighting Genichiro, decided to try to do Sunken Valley & Abandoned Dungeon first.

:maf SUNKEN VALLEY :maf

Here I was thinking that Sekiro's bosses are harder than Souls/Bloodborne (although a couple Bloodborne ones are definitely up there), but the stage stuff inbetween is way easier in Sekiro compared to those. Then in Sunken Valley the game becomes fucking DARK SOULS.

Not only is the entire way to gunfort fucking HARD the first time, but the two bosses, Snake Eyes and Cenitpede. Not only are they hard as fuck and I have no idea where to even start in fighting against them (centipede seems impossible? Parrying his 10 hit combo breaks my posture by the end), but do neither of them have a stealth option so you have to do 2 full lifebars on both? I can't even get either of them down to 50% on one lifebar. 

Everything about Sunken Valley feels like the game just got REAL and this whole area is way harder than any of the areas before this. Should I even be here yet? Or should I go explore the Abandoned Dungeon or go beat Genichiro? Feels like I need some VIT and ATK upgrades for these bosses in Sunken Valley.

Himu

« Reply #620 on: April 23, 2019, 12:59:53 AM »
Haven’t gotten to Sunken valley yet.

Still at the temple.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #621 on: April 23, 2019, 01:00:40 AM »
Genichiro is a Main Quest boss, everything else is Side Quest. Just as in a proper RPG (like in Pillars) you should always focus on cleaning up Side Quests first before doing the Main Quest thing.

And yes, there are specific situations in Sekiro when you will forever lose the possibility to obtain some Prayer Beads if you rush through with Main Quest. So keep that in mind!

/no spoilers

I loved Sunken Valley. FROM's signature poisonous areas :bow2

:ohhh
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #622 on: April 23, 2019, 01:01:12 AM »
Genichiro is a Main Quest boss, everything else is Side Quest. Just as in a proper RPG (like in Pillars) you should always focus on cleaning up Side Quests first before doing the Main Quest thing.

And yes, there are specific situations in Sekiro when you will forever lose the possibility to obtain some Prayer Beads if you rush through with Main Quest. So keep that in mind!

/no spoilers

I loved Sunken Valley. FROM's signature poisonous areas :bow2

All the guides I'm seeing in Sunken Valley have wayyyyyy better stats and waaaaaaayyy further in.

I'm still AP3, VIT13. Should I be doing the Sunken Valley mini-bosses now? I just feel like I'm too underpowered with not enough posture to beat them.

Bebpo

« Reply #623 on: April 23, 2019, 01:03:20 AM »
I'm reading up on it and everything I'm seeing says

Genichiro -> AP4 -> Abandoned Dungeon -> Sunken Valley.

I'm gonna try Centipede man a few more times and then go do Genichiro and get my AP4.

Himu

« Reply #624 on: April 23, 2019, 01:04:40 AM »
Why are you reading guides man
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #625 on: April 23, 2019, 01:04:45 AM »
Nevermind, just beat centipede guy easily lol

Why are you reading guides man

I don't use them for exploring, but if I'm stuck on a boss for an hour I'm going to look up tips for beating them. Otherwise I'll never get unstuck because obviously I'm missing something.

Like on this guy I didn't realize

spoiler (click to show/hide)
his red attack is a jump on head attack, so just parry the 10 hit and try not to get posture-broken and then head stomp, repeat twice and you get a deathblow, repeat 4 times and you win.
[close]

kingv

« Reply #626 on: April 23, 2019, 01:14:59 AM »
Not really sure how to beat the armored dude. I got his posture broken... but it didn’t work?

Bebpo

« Reply #627 on: April 23, 2019, 01:15:54 AM »
Found the hidden bead after centipede man, got to VIT14. Time to try Genchiro.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #628 on: April 23, 2019, 01:41:59 AM »
Not really sure how to beat the armored dude. I got his posture broken... but it didn’t work?
There's a gimmick, look at the arena you're in.  :doge

Bebpo

« Reply #629 on: April 23, 2019, 01:51:51 AM »
Genichiro's a pretty good fight. The only thing fucking me up is his mixups in his red alert moves. I know when he'll do them but he either stabs, sweeps, or grabs. The grab fucks me up the most when I jump thinking he's going for a sweep and he grabs me and does major damage. Otherwise got pretty close.

Bebpo

« Reply #630 on: April 23, 2019, 01:57:23 AM »
Fuck he's

got a third part? lol

Fight's still great. I actually did ok on the 3rd part until I got trapped against a wall and the camera went away and I couldn't see anything and died :(
[close]

Damnit

fucking had, 4 heals left, full life, down to less than 50% in his final form.

Then he gets me with a combo (not even lightning or anything) and does 100% HP damage and I already had 1 death :(

If I can just get to the last form without having used my ressurection I got this fight no prob
[close]
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 02:03:36 AM by Bebpo »

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #631 on: April 23, 2019, 02:01:35 AM »
imo that's the best looking fight in the game besides
lady butterfly
[close]
每天生气

Bebpo

« Reply #632 on: April 23, 2019, 02:08:52 AM »
Ok, beat him.

Yeah that's a damn good and pretty fair fight.

Himu

« Reply #633 on: April 23, 2019, 02:09:01 AM »
Really hyped to dive in Souls games once I beat Sekiro.
IYKYK

shosta

« Reply #634 on: April 23, 2019, 02:10:23 AM »
A friend of mine tried that and isn't really enjoying Dark Souls 3. He thought Bloodborne was much better but couldn't even finish that. Finished Sekiro with easy.
每天生气

Bebpo

« Reply #635 on: April 23, 2019, 02:13:12 AM »
Souls games play totally different. Same with Bloodborne which is like a halfway between Souls and Sekiro. I actually tell people who haven't played any to play DS1-3 and Bloodborne first and then Sekiro after.

Bebpo

« Reply #636 on: April 23, 2019, 02:23:35 AM »
Good progress, Bebpo! You are flying through the game.

Of course you missed a Main Boss for AP4 before Genichiro :teehee that's why I said EXPLORE FIRST.

Eh, I doubt the other AP4 boss is easier than Genichiro. Genichiro you can do at AP1, it's just about learning his moves and parrying until he's posture broken. And I explored everywhere outside doing Abandoned Dungeon at this point.

Like even at AP4 I'm trying Snake Eyes again and I can't beat him lol, dude is so annoying and it seems like no way to get a free stealth deathblow on him?
I'm going to kill him eventually and then do Abandoned Dungeon next.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #637 on: April 23, 2019, 02:24:55 AM »
A friend of mine tried that and isn't really enjoying Dark Souls 3. He thought Bloodborne was much better but couldn't even finish that. Finished Sekiro with easy.
I tried playing some DkS3 yesterday, and the slow speed is really hard to stomach, but rolling through attacks is still fun.
I probably wouldn't go back to BB though, because of the 30fps nonsense.

Maybe on PS5, if they upgrade it to 60.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #638 on: April 23, 2019, 02:26:29 AM »
Good progress, Bebpo! You are flying through the game.

Of course you missed a Main Boss for AP4 before Genichiro :teehee that's why I said EXPLORE FIRST.

Eh, I doubt the other AP4 boss is easier than Genichiro. Genichiro you can do at AP1, it's just about learning his moves and parrying until he's posture broken. And I explored everywhere outside doing Abandoned Dungeon at this point.

Like even at AP4 I'm trying Snake Eyes again and I can't beat him lol, dude is so annoying and it seems like no way to get a free stealth deathblow on him?
I'm going to kill him eventually and then do Abandoned Dungeon next.
Snakeeyes is a she.  :-*

And yeah, you can stealth kill one bar off of her.

Bebpo

« Reply #639 on: April 23, 2019, 02:28:34 AM »
HOW

I got 1 deathblow kill on her but it's gonna be the hardest boss in the game so far to try to get two. She fucking stuns me and then shoots me for like 90% damage on VIT 14.

Bebpo

« Reply #640 on: April 23, 2019, 02:35:57 AM »
For Genichiro all I used was ichimouji to reduce posture a couple times. Otherwise none of the subweapons seemed useful so didn't use anything else.

On snake eyes I'm getting better at parrying her stuff. But the stealth shit never works for me. I have to do this fight with 2 deathblows, the stealth is fucking broken in my game. I run past her onto the bridge she loses focus and I get in stealth next to her but it won't let me deathblow because her default position is too close to the wall and I can't get behind her, only to the side of her.

Bebpo

« Reply #641 on: April 23, 2019, 02:40:08 AM »
I see the issue. When I parry her attack -> gunfire, the gunfire shot does a shitload of posture damage and after a few my posture breaks from the first attack and she clear shots me with the gun on the 2nd. I can dodge her grab by dashing/jumping away and get like 1 hit in but with her 1-2 combos I never get much damage in, just slowly increase her posture from parrying the first attack of the combo. Not sure what subweapon would be useful. Even parrying with raven's mist it teleports me too far behind her and I can get in and get a hit after the parry teleport. The umbrella is ok for defending but I can't figure out how to use it offensively. I don't have skill where you can reflect shots back.

Might have to move on and do Abandoned Dungeon before Snake Eyes. This fight is just annoying.

Coax

« Reply #642 on: April 23, 2019, 02:40:44 AM »
I run past her onto the bridge she loses focus and I get in stealth next to her but it won't let me deathblow because her default position is too close to the wall and I can't get behind her, only to the side of her.

Traveling past the bridge to the next idol, resting then backtracking is the common method to get one on her.

Bebpo

« Reply #643 on: April 23, 2019, 02:45:25 AM »
That's really really far to run from Gun Fort just for 1 attempt that you might die and have to do the run again.

But like I said, I can get to standing 2 feet from her in stealth just sitting there but I can't get her away from the wall in a non-combat way to let me walk behind her and get a stealth attack.

I'm now starting to parry the first hit and side dodge the gun shot and get a slash in which is helping a bit. I can continually get 1 deathblow on her but I can't get to 2. If I could get a stealth attack in I'd beat her no problem at this point but I can't  :'(

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #644 on: April 23, 2019, 02:49:19 AM »
Get back from the bridge, that's the method, but you can watch a video to see how to do it properly maybe (and a invisibility sugar may help, too).
I know you can cause i saw it on video, though personally i just killed her normally.
She's tough to fight, yeah.

Himu

« Reply #645 on: April 23, 2019, 03:03:44 AM »
What the fuck is AP4
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #646 on: April 23, 2019, 03:06:58 AM »
Beat her. By the end I think I knew the fight pretty well. I use Ichimouji a lot to recover posture when I'm parrying like 95% of the time non-stop.

So here was an earlier attempt where I got her to like 1-2 hits from death on 2nd lifebar and fuck it up by JUMPING OFF A CLIFF and then fuck it up by Resurrecting and not healing or being smart and trying to rush and get that last 1-2 hits to finish her.

Here was the next attempt where I got her to like 1-2 hits away from death on 2nd bar again but fuck it up at the end with 2 gourds left by not healing when I should have

And then here was my final run beating her and I think I did pretty well. That's what like AN HOUR OF RETRYING A BOSS until you have all their moves down tends to do  :'(
Also the reason I ran behind the rock about halfway is if I go over to where she was I'd get shot to death by grunts so I had to pull her back in.

What the fuck is AP4

Attack Power 4, yeah I didn't know what it was either at first when Borys was writing AP3.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 03:11:42 AM by Bebpo »

Himu

« Reply #647 on: April 23, 2019, 03:11:18 AM »
Souls games play totally different. Same with Bloodborne which is like a halfway between Souls and Sekiro. I actually tell people who haven't played any to play DS1-3 and Bloodborne first and then Sekiro after.

It won’t be my first time playing Souls. I have only played Demons (loved) and Dark (hated). I just didn’t like the way DkS1 was designed but I’m willing to push through Dark Souls 1-3 and BB.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #648 on: April 23, 2019, 03:14:56 AM »
Idk, I tend to get hit when I throw them out half the time so if I got the boss patterns down and can parry/dodge all their attacks, it's like why risk it. But that's just me and bad luck with firecrackers.

Himu

« Reply #649 on: April 23, 2019, 03:15:33 AM »
So wait attack power 4 is missable if you beat genichiro first?
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #650 on: April 23, 2019, 03:16:28 AM »
Idk, I tend to get hit when I throw them out half the time so if I got the boss patterns down and can parry/dodge all their attacks, it's like why risk it. But that's just me and bad luck with firecrackers.

Upgrade them to widen the hitbox space and get the skill that lets you follow up attack after using an item. Firecrackers are op.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #651 on: April 23, 2019, 03:24:38 AM »
Oh ok. I love how freeform the structure is. Unlike Darks Souls 1 I can choose to go somewhere else  if I want to take a break I can always come back. Reminds me of Demon’s Souls. I hated how in Dark Souls they touted it as open world but for the most part you were always rail roaded in terms of progress. It was very linear and despite the “open world” felt more linear than Demon’s. And here Sekiro has the freedom of Demon’s. Lurv.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #652 on: April 23, 2019, 03:26:33 AM »
Dark Souls 1 branches out pretty fast...

Himu

« Reply #653 on: April 23, 2019, 03:28:17 AM »
Not in my experience. Ring the tower, go to blight town, find other tower I think. You find some ruins but can’t do anything because the enemies are ghosts. No likey. Very linear.
IYKYK

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #654 on: April 23, 2019, 03:48:35 AM »
Oh ok. I love how freeform the structure is. Unlike Darks Souls 1 I can choose to go somewhere else  if I want to take a break I can always come back. Reminds me of Demon’s Souls. I hated how in Dark Souls they touted it as open world but for the most part you were always rail roaded in terms of progress. It was very linear and despite the “open world” felt more linear than Demon’s. And here Sekiro has the freedom of Demon’s. Lurv.
This is bull, Cindi.
If you take the master key at the start, you can basically explore 40% of the game right off the bat.

It's how i usually went to get my Gravelord Nito's sword right at the start of the game, and 1 shotted some of the early bosses.
Not in my experience. Ring the tower, go to blight town, find other tower I think. You find some ruins but can’t do anything because the enemies are ghosts. No likey. Very linear.
The only thing you "have" to do, is obtain the lord's vessel to open up the final three areas., and you have to beat Sen's fortress before getting to Anor Londo.
Almost anything else if fair game.
Catacombs, Burg, Blighttown, Depths, New Londo Ruins, Ash Lake, Great Hollow, etc.

Himu

« Reply #655 on: April 23, 2019, 04:05:09 AM »
I see. I’ll keep that in mind.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #656 on: April 23, 2019, 04:57:55 AM »
Now I remember what I was gonna say about Sekiro earlier today but forgot,

So I’m in the minority of action game players that didn’t enjoy Metal Gear Rising. I felt the whole game revolves around parries & counters but the parry was easy and incredibly OP, so the combat felt shallow to me.

Sekiro, to me, is basically the same concept, and on paper an entire game where you just parry and counter over and over sounds shallow, yet because it’s much better executed here, it’s anything but. Sekiro is what I wanted MGR to be in gameplay.

Himu

« Reply #657 on: April 23, 2019, 02:11:28 PM »
Haven’t been able to play and I’m at the temple still. Hoping to play today.
IYKYK

shosta

« Reply #658 on: April 23, 2019, 03:02:01 PM »
I lol'd watching Borys' vid. Somewhere, Miyazaki is crying.
每天生气

Bebpo

« Reply #659 on: April 23, 2019, 03:55:35 PM »
Newest patch fixes a lot of speedruning skips :/ Dream of sub 24 minutes is dead :rip

I am kind of missing the game already after Platinuming it... wish they would announce the DLC already.

Yeah, one thing about patches in games like this is sometimes you come late and all the broken strategies people come up with don't work anymore. I've had that happen in games where all the tips and strategies are outdated and it's just like idk.

I do think that patching some of the stuff like boss skips is dumb. No one is legit using them to skip a legit playthrough, they're just fun for stuff like speedrunning and they should leave it alone and let people try to break the game for that stuff.