Author Topic: Snyder Cut of benji/toku Never Getting Over It Snyder Cut Bless Up Thread  (Read 35717 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
https://twitter.com/MTVNEWS/status/1071159918126755840

Figured I should stop putting this crap in the Movie News Thread. :lol

Everyone else (aka haters of SnyderDaGod) can just use Tasty's extensions to hide this thread to protect their precious worldview endorsed by the Big Conservative Money of Warner Bros.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Re: Snyder Cut of benji/toku Never Getting Over It Snyder Cut Bless Up Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 07:57:55 AM »
Give me my Snyder Cut, I want to experience this fuckery from a different point of view :rejoice

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 11:32:27 AM »
Jason Momoa using his new aquaman clout for all the right reasons is just another reason to love him and why Aquaman is gonna be great.

You see the CW Elseworlds crossover trailer Benji? Even CW is giving us black suit superman.

Warner Bros is filled with cowards

:pacspit

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 12:34:25 PM »
I'm continuing to boycott Justice League until the Snyder Cut is released.
©@©™

kingv

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 01:22:06 PM »
Is that the Flash costume from the 90s show?!

I loved that when I was 10. That and some show where there were aliens and like, salt water was like acid to them.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 01:28:09 PM »
No Gleek still, I bet ::)

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018, 04:30:24 PM »

I loved that when I was 10. That and some show where there were aliens and like, salt water was like acid to them.

Yeah, the actor plays Jay Garrick on the show
WDW

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2018, 10:48:12 PM »

Yeah, same costume, same actor -- it was a nice touch in the Flash show, and an even neater one now.

Mark Hammill also reprised his Trickster role from the '90s TV show.

benjipwns

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
TL;DR: DCCU sucks shit, who gives a damn about an unfinished cut of a shitty film? God.

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
I hope they do release it, because it'll fucking suuuck.
___

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

benjipwns

TL;DR: DCCU sucks shit, who gives a damn about an unfinished cut of a shitty film? God.
you two now have to ask permission before posting in this thread

Tasty

nachobro

• Live Más
Supposedly Snyder is in town filming Army of the Dead. Need to track him down for an official word on the The Cut :doge

kingv

you two now have to ask permission before posting in this thread

Excommunicado.

Himu

why do people want the snyder cut so bad? the snyder cut to what exactly? Justice League? BvS?
IYKYK

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
It’s for Justice League, he left production before finishing and Josh Whedon finished it.

BvS is 100% Snyder quality
WDW

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Already sounds dumb that Chris Pine returns. He got blown up in that plane, it was a near perfect ending.

Having his character return doesn't make any sense.
🤴

Himu

It’s for Justice League, he left production before finishing and Josh Whedon finished it.

BvS is 100% Snyder quality

Why would anyone care about this?
IYKYK

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
Some people care about an auteur's vision.

Rahxephon91

Because they liked Man of Steel and Batman Vs Superman? Or are interested in whatever the original idea for Justice League was?

MoS was whatever to me and BvS is a failure of a movie, but at least they were something different then what the Marvel movies are. I'd rather take the Synder version of Justice League instead of the Marvel market focused one we got. Would have probably been a bad movie, but probably something more interesting then most of the simply ok Marvel movies.

I'm sure most reactions will be "who the fuck cares about this stuff". Well I do because I use my time poorly and post on a video game forum. I like Marvel movies enough. They are fun and entertaining. Some of them a bit more then the normal formula. The connected universe they've created is impressive and it has allowed a somewhat unique serialized story. Still, at the end of the day have a lot of the same beats, humor, and well most of them aren't visually interesting.

The Synder DC movies where well....for sure made by Zack Snyder. There's no doubt about that and so you got all that entails. From the mans idea of "mature" storytelling, and hypercharged kentic visuals. To be honest I like the idea of watching MoS and BvS on my 4ktv over say Winter Soldier or Infinity War, not because they are better movies. But they are a bit more interesting to look at. Beyond that BvS set up storylines and a tone that Justice League did not continue. No doubt because WB wanted a course correction. I rather take an interesting failure then a pretty boring and bland movie that Justice League turned into.

I mean in 10 minutes MoS's Krypton feels far more developed with a visual identity then whatever space I guess viking thing all three Thor movies have shown. Or even Wakanda which from what I can tell is a street and a lab.

Himu

Some people care about an auteur's vision.

:kobeyuck

Not like this, Toku. Don't do that heel turn on us now.
IYKYK

Himu

Because they liked Man of Steel and Batman Vs Superman? Or are interested in whatever the original idea for Justice League was?

MoS was whatever to me and BvS is a failure of a movie, but at least they were something different then what the Marvel movies are. I'd rather take the Synder version of Justice League instead of the Marvel market focused one we got. Would have probably been a bad movie, but probably something more interesting then most of the simply ok Marvel movies.

I'm sure most reactions will be "who the fuck cares about this stuff". Well I do because I use my time poorly and post on a video game forum. I like Marvel movies enough. They are fun and entertaining. Some of them a bit more then the normal formula. The connected universe they've created is impressive and it has allowed a somewhat unique serialized story. Still, at the end of the day have a lot of the same beats, humor, and well most of them aren't visually interesting.

The Synder DC movies where well....for sure made by Zack Snyder. There's no doubt about that and so you got all that entails. From the mans idea of "mature" storytelling, and hypercharged kentic visuals. To be honest I like the idea of watching MoS and BvS on my 4ktv over say Winter Soldier or Infinity War, not because they are better movies. But they are a bit more interesting to look at. Beyond that BvS set up storylines and a tone that Justice League did not continue. No doubt because WB wanted a course correction. I rather take an interesting failure then a pretty boring and bland movie that Justice League turned into.

I mean in 10 minutes MoS's Krypton feels far more developed with a visual identity then whatever space I guess viking thing all three Thor movies have shown. Or even Wakanda which from what I can tell is a street and a lab.

I'm just surprised Zack Snyder has fans at all, is all.
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Justice League started out very interesting with the heist and the "the world has gone to shit" vibe that I wanted to see more of. The intro felt very much Dark Knight-ish.
Ben Affleck, certainly didn't phone in his performances either. The movie had potential bur the villain they choose was just awful.
🤴

Rahxephon91

I don't think it's that surprising. Batman has plenty of fans that like certain versions of Batman because they are dark and not for kids. Even though you know, he is a character made for kids.

Not to say, Batman can't fit into many diffrent molds. But there are people "edgelords" if you will who vibe with dark and supposedly serious/gritty stuff. Which is no doubt what Snyder was trying to do.

I will say his Batman is probably the only one with a good looking action scene. Nolan can't direct non-vehicle action thats for sure. Though you could argue the tone of Snyder's action scene dosen't fit Batman.

I thought this was a good video.

Tasty

I still maintain the nonexistent Batman Forever Director's Cut is probably a solid C+/B- movie.

Dickie Dee

You can give Snyder all the "style" points you want but at the end of the day he is simply not a storyteller and doesn't even understand it.
___

benjipwns

Why would anyone care about this?
Because it's fascinating like any alternative films, like when you get the Donner Cut of Superman II. Or Richard Wise's cut of Star Trek: The Motion Picture. On and on with director cuts. The Donner Cut is a similar thing that animated fans for years because he had already shot 75% of the movie. Snyder got further, he shot a whole version, he even got the effects done. Mainly, Snyder shot a different movie than we got, the movie we got is borderline nonsensical and consists of mostly people standing around talking because so much of it is replaced with budget-less reshoots.

We already got one "Snyder Cut" and it was fascinating, BvS's "ultimate cut" is what Snyder originally submitted, the theatrical cut was not done by him alone but along with WB to trim it down to two and a half hours. The entire Superman plot disappears from the film, as does most of Lois' plot and the details on everything Luther. BvS's theatrical cut is pretty nonsensical and there's basically no understanding as to why Superman or Batman are doing anything at all. Snyder's cut restores how Luther manipulates Bruce AND Clark into questioning if Superman is good for the world. Sure, BvS ultimately falls apart, the Martha scene even explained is bad, Doomsday should have never been in the film even if it does give Diana some great moments, the logistics of Lois and the spear never make any sense, etc. But the movie is far more interesting when Lois is uncovering some kind of plot Luther is engaged in and doing real investigating shit, Bruce and Clark are being manipulated, Clark now has reasons to distrust Bruce after doing his investigating, etc. The movie doesn't kill time until Bruce and Clark fight like the theatrical cut, shit happens to set that fight up. Is it good or not, I dunno, it's like Man of Steel in a lot of ways. I think it's ultimately better and starts to deal with more interesting ideas but even Batman Returns has some issues.

Now, as Stro points out, we're never getting the actual Snyder vision. Warners borderline fired him before he shot the film because of it. The original intent, and original script he and Terrio wrote, would have shown a world in which Darkseid had unleashed the Anti-Life Equation and Superman was in his thrall. Bringing together the Justice League would have been meant to handle this, not a borderline unnamed lackey. It would have been like Endgame's start in a bleak world turned up to Snyder.

Even the version we got barely shows any of what Snyder shot regarding Steppenwolf, Apokolips, etc. Snyder has shared a frame of Darkseid from his cut. The flashback scene showing the previous arrival of Darkseid that was turned back, the Diana narration was all dubbed in and people who would know have indicated it was more than an exposition dump; likely rather the opening of the film. Which would have then cut forward to the rearrival of the Parademons. So the audience knows what the danger is, the heroes don't. In the actual film, it starts off where Batman is hunting them for some reason, but doesn't know why, then Diana expo dumps it on him. There's also a bunch of Bruce/Diana, Bruce/Barry stuff on the floor that can be seen in the original teaser and one of the trailers.

The rumor is that Snyder again shot three hours, but this time knew he had to cut it down to two. The final cut two hours is more like an hour of Snyder, thirty minutes of reshoots and thirty minutes of stuff totally moved around, chopped up and edited.

But of course the main thing is I want to know if Snyder's cut actually did have Diana failing to save all the kids as part of its setup. Because that's an obvious thing Warners would have deemed unreleasable.

Also, Dickie Dee, you DID NOT ask permission before posting. Consider this to be going on your PERMANENT record.

Tasty

Mainly, Snyder shot a different movie than we got, the movie we got is borderline nonsensical and consists of mostly people standing around talking because so much of it is replaced with budget-less reshoots.

:confused If *anything* the extra talking made it less nonsensical.

Also if you think it's physically possible for Whedon to make something more nonsensical than Snyder, even when frankensteined together, then we have different opinions of those two directors.

Tasty

BvS Ultimate Cut barely moves the needle. It's actually a toss-up IMO whether it's worse than the theatrical version. But in any case fuck any version of that movie.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
Jesus benji. How many fringe lunatic groups are you a member of?
serge

Tasty

Jesus benji. How many fringe lunatic groups are you a member of?

Tasty

ST TMP DC was preeeeettyy good tho. And obviously the Donner cut is so far and away superior it's not even funny. The people watching the original version in theaters seem... pitiable.

benjipwns

Whedon didn't get final cut either. It was probably worse for him than Age of Ultron. No director coming in, even if he's worked on the script, in those circumstances is going to produce with limited reshoots. The entire reshoot plan was stupid and I believe Whedon opposed it preferring typical reshoots plus a re-edit. He didn't want to reshoot Snyder's movie, just finish it.

Ultimate Cut has a plot, the theatrical cut doesn't and is a series of random events that are mostly unconnected.

Don't make me ban you from this thread.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
Is it worth watching either bvs or justice league for the lolz or are they not bad enough for that?
serge

benjipwns

Is it worth watching either bvs or justice league for the lolz or are they not bad enough for that?
oh god no

watch the BvS fight scenes on YouTube or something, especially the Superman vs Batman and Batman vs. a bunch of guys he kills in Snyder's cut ones

Tasty

I never said Whedon got final cut, it's obvious he didn't by the fact he's not even credited as director. :P

With Age of Ultron I think Whedon's burnout was inevitable, and Disney's ultimatum regarding Hawkeye's family versus Thor's jacuzzi seems pretty above-the-board for Hollywood. I will lay some blame with Disney, and Feige, in that both of them approved the script with all the scenes.

But in any case shooting two Avengers movies basically back to back isn't easy, and in fact that's probably why Feige "promoted" the Russos so fast -- there's two of them.

Tasty

Whedon didn't get final cut either. It was probably worse for him than Age of Ultron. No director coming in, even if he's worked on the script, in those circumstances is going to produce with limited reshoots. The entire reshoot plan was stupid and I believe Whedon opposed it preferring typical reshoots plus a re-edit. He didn't want to reshoot Snyder's movie, just finish it.

Ultimate Cut has a plot, the theatrical cut doesn't and is a series of random events that are mostly unconnected.

Don't make me ban you from this thread.

Does the plot to a movie even matter when every single other element fills one with rage?

And said plot ends up being stupid and uncharacteristic of the source material anyways?

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
I think they thing I love the most about BvS and Snyder's DC is the stuff that reflects our world so perfectly like Jimmy Olsen working for the CIA and C-D string villains basically being piece of shit mercs. I've mentioned that before and I get why ppl dont like it but I appreciate Snyder giving me comic book movies that are basically "world's kinda fucked up huh? now imagine if ppl could collapse buildings with eye beams"

benjipwns

I think there is a thing once removed because we now know what Snyder wanted and how even a Snyder Cut Justice League is a compromise on a compromise. I don't think the films are great or anything but I am a big fan of where the DCEU was going, and actually has gone even into Wonder Woman, the exploration of the heroes as a force. The scenes of war everybody loves were Diana just tearing through man's greatest armies of the moment.

It's totally on the nose with the Superman stuff in what we did get (and Superman = Jesus parallels are as old as Jesus himself), but if Snyder had been able to bring Actual Gods™ into it with Darkseid, I think it could have been a different, especially for the mass market of films, take that may have gone somewhere interesting. Luther's ramblings about man and gods are totally stupid and a disaster until he shaves his head, but as a setup for the entire "trilogy" with Man of Steel already destroying a city and Justice League bringing in True Gods, it explains his madness. (Especially since the Kryptonian Ship showed him those gods were coming.)

What I dislike, and the hook for this thread's silliness, is saying may, could have, etc. when it was cut short and yet Warners is going to go ahead anyway and actually hired someone to write/direct a literal New Gods film. And is putting out that Joker movie. After being afraid of going "too dark" against the MCU, which the MCU then went ahead and did a version of and wasn't only praised but made literal billions doing. :lol

I don't think it's uncharacteristic of the source material anyway, Superman was always going to be the hero who saves the day in the end. Snyder was just trying to push it off one film*. Bruce at the funeral and then in Justice League is literally acting as if he's a born again believer, Diana is still the skeptic.

But we also disagree on which Crisis is better. When it's clearly Final Crisis.

*Ultimate Cut comes close to making a Batman vs. Superman fight where both are in the right, Clark clearly sees Bruce as a dangerous madman who has become unhinged and so he needs to stop as much as Bruce sees Clark as an existential threat to humanity. That's hard to do because nobody roots for Superman.

benjipwns

Batman Forever is an interesting case in terms of the script, Schumacher never shot the version that got him to sign on even though he's said he wanted to but gave in too easily. And he is the one who started the path to Begins by wanting to adapt Year One near directly.

Until BvS, Forever's intro was like the only other time a non-Adam West Batman actually did a decent fight on film:

benjipwns

Also, I hold out hope that a Snyder Cut finally explains how Superman gets his hair cut. We all know how he shaves even though it makes no sense, but how does he cut his hair?!?

nachobro

• Live Más
Not like this, Toku. Don't do that heel turn on us now.
respecting an artist is the most face move of them all

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
Snyder DCEU highlight is also Zod telling the entire fucking planet that he "crossed an ocean of stars" to find superman. Big Horny. Big Mood. Some real poets in the military class on Krypton.

Tasty

Final Crisis :jeanluc

Admit it, your second favorite is Identity Crisis :bolo

Tasty

If Snyder Cut has mullet black suit Supes it MAY be worth something.

Maybe.

benjipwns

I liked that trailer in comparison to the "dad lecture" ones too, even though those were pretty hott Supes porn:

It's funny how Warners seemed to "get" Man of Steel in the advertising in comparison to BvS which is kinda a mess and JL where they just gave up. When it's still the same idea.

Tasty

"Bro, if Superman were real, he wouldn't give a FUCK about flooding the bathroom floors. He's fucking Superman, ya know? He's going to fuck Lois in the tub and he's not going to give a shit if it ruins the floor. It's awesome." - Zack Snyder 2017

Had to Google whether this was a direct quote or not.

benjipwns

The second best Crisis is The OMAC Project. :hmph

Tasty

It's totally on the nose with the Superman stuff in what we did get (and Superman = Jesus parallels are as old as Jesus himself), but if Snyder had been able to bring Actual Gods™ into it with Darkseid, I think it could have been a different, especially for the mass market of films, take that may have gone somewhere interesting. Luther's ramblings about man and gods are totally stupid and a disaster until he shaves his head, but as a setup for the entire "trilogy" with Man of Steel already destroying a city and Justice League bringing in True Gods, it explains his madness. (Especially since the Kryptonian Ship showed him those gods were coming.)

Ugh this is what you don't get.

Yes it made sense and "worked" in straight terms of narrative and film, but was any of that actually a good idea?

No.

Tasty

The second best Crisis is The OMAC Project. :hmph

OMAC is basically the intro for Best Crisis, man.

benjipwns

Nah, it's a good idea. Where it fails (see Civil War) is when people pussy out and refuse to stick to the idea that superheroes are something to fear, not adore or desire. Superman learning that in BvS after not getting it against Zod was how he could live up to his mythos, Bruce's new found devotion and ultimately defy Darkseid.

Diana's being handed that character arc on a platter now. :doge

Dickie Dee

I never said Whedon got final cut, it's obvious he didn't by the fact he's not even credited as director. :P

With Age of Ultron I think Whedon's burnout was inevitable, and Disney's ultimatum regarding Hawkeye's family versus Thor's jacuzzi seems pretty above-the-board for Hollywood. I will lay some blame with Disney, and Feige, in that both of them approved the script with all the scenes.

But in any case shooting two Avengers movies basically back to back isn't easy, and in fact that's probably why Feige "promoted" the Russos so fast -- there's two of them.

Early Marvel heavy-handedness was more Ike Perlmutter, who Feige reported to. Who also not coincidentally is an incredible asshole and Mar-a-Lago regular.
___

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
Another underrated thing about Snyder (and a reason why nerds hate him) is that he gets that nerds are edge lord dweebs and makes edge lord dweeb movies. Like The Comedian he holds the mirror up to his society and shows them what they really are. Daniel Way's run on Deadpool is a similar case study.