Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3790002 times)

agrajag

Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #11880 on: April 23, 2019, 10:24:59 AM »
Wait, am I reading this correctly that the poster was a woman?

Is a woman white-knighting for white dudes at Microsoft?

Women can’t be knights :snob

Objection!

Look up the Order of the Hatchet, for example.

Arguably, Joan of Arc was a Knight in anything but name, too.

And if we look for historical examples, Jamie Lannister just knighted Brienne of Tarth.

BisMarckie

« Reply #11881 on: April 23, 2019, 10:28:44 AM »
Brienne of 'tard

Boredfrom

« Reply #11882 on: April 23, 2019, 10:28:54 AM »
Some women desperately desire the affirmation that they aren't like those other bitches. They are, in fact, almost one of the guys! Think of them as a guy completely! Erase their gender entirely so that they can be equal!

Also probably a racist who cares more about protecting whiteness than anything else.

It's like the men of color joining the proud boys because they hate women and think it will make them "one of the good ones."

:doge

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #11883 on: April 23, 2019, 10:41:11 AM »
someone said bitch or reee?  :holeup :gurl :badass :whoo :ufup :drudge :picard :pacspit :tocry :(

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #11884 on: April 23, 2019, 10:42:40 AM »
They called off the hit on Kirblar by themselves though in paranoid terms it could be used at prep work for later reporting. But I don't see how things could get any better the closer we are to the primary. I think "leftists" feel they have more leverage this time round to try to shut down their opposition (One could say... It's their turn   :P ).

As much as I clown on Kirblar, this particular exchange was really strawmanning to the max.

Why are you giving a known war criminal the benefit of the doubt?
:O

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #11885 on: April 23, 2019, 10:47:43 AM »
Some women desperately desire the affirmation that they aren't like those other bitches. They are, in fact, almost one of the guys! Think of them as a guy completely! Erase their gender entirely so that they can be equal!

Also probably a racist who cares more about protecting whiteness than anything else.

It's like the men of color joining the proud boys because they hate women and think it will make them "one of the good ones."

But isn't she also talking about how this negatively affects Asians?

There is some irony there with them being completely unwilling to "listen"

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11886 on: April 23, 2019, 10:59:52 AM »
They called off the hit on Kirblar by themselves though in paranoid terms it could be used at prep work for later reporting. But I don't see how things could get any better the closer we are to the primary. I think "leftists" feel they have more leverage this time round to try to shut down their opposition (One could say... It's their turn   :P ).

As much as I clown on Kirblar, this particular exchange was really strawmanning to the max.

Why are you giving a known war criminal the benefit of the doubt?

Over the word of someone who sells crack for likes ? Yeah.   :hmph
ὕβρις

Boredfrom

« Reply #11887 on: April 23, 2019, 11:01:10 AM »
I really dunno, I feel RE has a point about white privilege and unconscious bias, but the argument of fighting discrimination with discrimination feels like just changing who is privileged than fundamentally changing society. 

james

« Reply #11888 on: April 23, 2019, 11:07:00 AM »
Im going to start a tech company and only hire asian women. Hot asian women. And white gingers.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11889 on: April 23, 2019, 11:10:28 AM »
Im going to start a tech company and only hire asian women. Hot asian women. And white gingers.

Um, EXCUSE ME?  Why did you not CAPITALIZE "Asian!?"  CALL HR IMMEDIATELY.
 :drudge  :social
ど助平

Jansen

« Reply #11890 on: April 23, 2019, 11:23:16 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/hoo-boy-jaxs-ending-in-mk11-is-quite-something-spoilers.112762/page-12#post-20104458

https://www.resetera.com/threads/hoo-boy-jaxs-ending-in-mk11-is-quite-something-spoilers.112762/page-12#post-20106575

Quote from: TheSyldat, post: 20106575, member: 49330
No people are making that leap and putting words in my mouth while personnaly all I'm saying and always said , is that time travel is equally as morally bankrupt if not more than slavery . And that regardless of outcome anyone reshaping time to their whim is immoral while doing it .

If  that makes me a slavery appologist in your eyes then you have big reading comprehension problems folks .

People just dont understand thesyldat

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #11891 on: April 23, 2019, 11:29:05 AM »
That MS diversity thread is hilarious.

They seem to ignore that it was written by a woman and she also says that Asians are discriminated against. Not Asian Men, 'Asians and White men'.

Yet of course, they go on and on about how its just white men whining about discriminating practices.

I see so many articles from tech outsiders lamenting about the "lack of diversity" in tech that completely write out south and east Asian people.
^_^

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #11892 on: April 23, 2019, 11:38:32 AM »
"Where would whites be of they hadn't enslaved entire black civilizations?!?!" is really a mindset that completely lacks self-awareness.

:shaking

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #11893 on: April 23, 2019, 11:50:57 AM »
I see so many articles from tech outsiders lamenting about the "lack of diversity" in tech that completely write out south and east Asian people.

I mean... there are a lot of academic papers about white supremacy in the US that ignore asian-americans, because their general success in spite of adversity is pretty inconvenient when discussing power structures and their oppressive nature.

james

« Reply #11894 on: April 23, 2019, 11:57:58 AM »

I mean... there are a lot of academic papers about white supremacy in the US that ignore asian-americans, because their general success in spite of adversity is pretty inconvenient when discussing power structures and their oppressive nature.

This is bs. There "general success" comes from difficulty in migrating due to distance and geographic borders. That means those who are able to come to the US from places like India already have a high degree of education and wealth. Every Indian person you meet in NJ is an engineer married to a doctor.

On the flip side, asians who came to the US via asylum programs (like the Hmong) are up against the same issues that migrants from central america face.

$5 that Google has less than 20 Hmong working at their HQ, even though tens of thousands live in the central valley.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #11895 on: April 23, 2019, 11:58:06 AM »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #11896 on: April 23, 2019, 12:02:44 PM »
How can the community be managed without a community manager?

Resetera is a lawless place ever since SweetNicole stepped down.

SweetNicoles are leaving in droves.
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11897 on: April 23, 2019, 12:12:41 PM »
I don't think GreatSage ascribed any "biotruth" to it. Whatever the reason, I think all studies find that in the recent past and present "Asians" or "American Asians" (and I think it's true in Europe as well) do "overperform" in getting into elite schools and in certain valued professional sectors, sometimes in spite of soft discrimination (like in the US schools where interviews and value judgements + evaluations were suspected to be used to discriminate). Correct me if I'm wrong.

Might be all nurture, social (as I would tend to think) and a case of getting the best prospects to sample from (and defining what does "Asian" mean), but the outcome isn't disputed AFAIK.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 12:18:36 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #11898 on: April 23, 2019, 12:15:17 PM »

This is bs. There "general success" comes from difficulty in migrating due to distance and geographic borders. That means those who are able to come to the US from places like India already have a high degree of education and wealth. Every Indian person you meet in NJ is an engineer married to a doctor.

On the flip side, asians who came to the US via asylum programs (like the Hmong) are up against the same issues that migrants from central america face.

$5 that Google has less than 20 Hmong working at their HQ, even though tens of thousands live in the central valley.

I'm talking the longterm history of the US and asia as a whole, not more recent immigration specifically relating to India.
The history of Chinese immigration to the US makes for unpleasant reading, but by the 1960s were considered 'honorary whites' in terms of things like scholastic segregation in the southern states.

e:
Because when you're looking at historical events and how they shape society, you have to take the long view, because history doesn;t happen in a vacuum; its all built on whats gone before.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 12:19:30 PM by GreatSageEqualOfHeaven »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #11899 on: April 23, 2019, 12:23:35 PM »
Is white supremacy exaggerated?  The people arguing about it are apparently ignoring that whites made some asian people honorary whites.. therefor?

That if your starting thesis is that white supremacy is some monstrous monolith that individuals, or even individual groups, are completely powerless in the face of, examples of individuals and groups overcoming that adversity undermine that thesis.
Its way more fucking nuanced than that.

Like, the principle behind "Jax stops europeans going to africa, boom, slavery never happened" is utterly preposterous, but its a fucking fantasy ending to a videogame and deserves no more thought than glasnost ending and the soviet union continuing forever because zangief danced the kazatsky with mikhail gorbachev in SF2

james

« Reply #11900 on: April 23, 2019, 12:44:31 PM »
That if your starting thesis is that white supremacy is some monstrous monolith

via Imgflip Meme Generator

PogiJones

« Reply #11901 on: April 23, 2019, 12:47:15 PM »

I honestly can't tell if this is from that GAF thread on women putting their feet on things or the RE thread on that Microsoft diversity business.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #11902 on: April 23, 2019, 12:51:48 PM »
pointing out flaws in criticism ain't defending the target of criticism brehs

james

« Reply #11903 on: April 23, 2019, 12:55:19 PM »
pointing out flaws in criticism ain't defending the target of criticism brehs

iM nOt rAcIst BUT

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #11904 on: April 23, 2019, 12:57:11 PM »
oh yea i forgot some of you still post on era and still have those posting habits.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #11905 on: April 23, 2019, 12:58:28 PM »
I want to be an honorary white :fbm

agrajag

« Reply #11906 on: April 23, 2019, 01:04:54 PM »
this is spicy, keep going brehs

PogiJones

« Reply #11907 on: April 23, 2019, 01:07:15 PM »
Not a racist; but my arguments are #1 with racists.
Okay, now this is a crap argument regardless of context.

Legitimate, actual freeloaders (not as the republicans define them, but real ones that could get a job but choose not to) prefer Democrats over Republicans.

"Not a party of freeloaders, but #1 with freeloaders!"

It's a crap argument that could be applied to virtually any policy or party, because terrible people all latch onto different groups and policies for different reasons. Racists latching onto R's is no more a condemnation of R's than freeloaders latching onto D's. Go wash the RE off of you, then come back with a better argument.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #11908 on: April 23, 2019, 01:10:10 PM »
Racism is pretty fun, if you keep a close eye on the right websites you can get a day pass for fairly cheap and try it out without needing to commit
Uncle

PogiJones

« Reply #11909 on: April 23, 2019, 01:11:01 PM »
Who cares who it's "used by"? An argument either has merit or it doesn't. If he's making a baseless argument, dismantle the argument. Trying to apply guilt by association to a faulty-or-not logic process is ridiculous.

PogiJones

« Reply #11910 on: April 23, 2019, 01:13:39 PM »
I really am just pointing out that "B-b-but Asians!" is an incredibly common argument used by... racists.

Okay, now this is a crap argument regardless of context.

I didn't argue anything.
BS and you know it. By saying, "I'm not racist but I use arguments #1 with racists!" you are making the argument that he should be dismissed as a racist.

James made a really good rebuttal to his Asian argument. You did not; you made a crap argument.

SmokyDave

« Reply #11911 on: April 23, 2019, 01:14:37 PM »
oh yea i forgot some of you still post on era and still have those posting habits.
Don’t try to have complicated conversations on difficult issues over the internet. It’s a complete waste of time.

The glee with which people wilfully misconstrue anything they feel they can pry malice from is cloying. It’ll suffocate you.

PogiJones

« Reply #11912 on: April 23, 2019, 01:16:20 PM »
Don’t try to have complicated conversations on difficult issues over the internet. It’s a complete waste of time.

The glee with which people wilfully misconstrue anything they feel they can pry malice from is cloying. It’ll suffocate you.
Did I just do that to riotous?  :-\

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #11913 on: April 23, 2019, 01:17:02 PM »
But I will continue to suspect anyone who throws around random "white supremacy is exaggerated" arguments might be racist.   

You call that "guilt by association" I call it logical deduction.

and I'm sure you're gonna double down on my supposed racism for saying this, but renouncing your own agency and power over your life to the actions of a monolithic 'white people' is literally perpetuating white supremacy. In both the academic and the more literal commonly used sense of the term.

PogiJones

« Reply #11914 on: April 23, 2019, 01:20:11 PM »
But I will continue to suspect anyone who throws around random "white supremacy is exaggerated" arguments might be racist.   

Then make that deduction based on the argument potentially flirting with a racist ideology, not based on a bunch of people also using an argument.

10centtacos

« Reply #11915 on: April 23, 2019, 01:20:55 PM »

No clue what's going on here but this is a good post. The internet is one big joke, treat it as such.

Propagandhim

« Reply #11916 on: April 23, 2019, 01:21:36 PM »
Guys, I know how to diffuse this situation. 

Let's all name 1 thing we love about white people.  I'll start:

Sunchips.

Boredfrom

« Reply #11917 on: April 23, 2019, 01:21:55 PM »

Giving Sage the benefit of doubt, I think he wanted to say that white supremacy ideologies are not limited to manifiestos from NeoNazis or Rednecks with MAGA hats.

PogiJones

« Reply #11918 on: April 23, 2019, 01:22:08 PM »
Eat a fucking dick Pogi.  I didn't dismiss anyone you twat.

And stop wingmanning TIMU

PogiJones

« Reply #11919 on: April 23, 2019, 01:23:03 PM »

Then make that deduction based on the argument potentially flirting with a racist ideology, not based on a bunch of people also using an argument.

I'll make that deduction how I damn please you fucking twat.
That's fine, be illogical in your reasoning all you want, and I'll call out your faulty reasoning when you do it.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #11920 on: April 23, 2019, 01:24:08 PM »
This reminds me of how much I love the word TWAT.  :heartbeat

Twonk is great too, you guys should use that to insult each other!

SmokyDave

« Reply #11921 on: April 23, 2019, 01:24:57 PM »

Ah dude, I don’t know. I’m just fucking bummed. Sometimes feels like there’s a vested interest in everyone refusing to understand each other. I get why so many people are drawn to becoming Resetera posters or Neogaf posters. Then you just sit back, wait for an opening to fire off one of your default zingers, and you’re that little bit closer to righteousness. It’s quick, easy, and provides an immediate assurance that you’re ‘right’.

It just fucking sucks. I guess it’s the natural result of not actually sharing the same space.

Digital wolves leering at spoiled meat. That’s how I think of most people on the net.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #11922 on: April 23, 2019, 01:24:58 PM »
Has pogi dropped the "democrats were the real slave owners" line yet?

PogiJones

« Reply #11923 on: April 23, 2019, 01:25:58 PM »
This reminds me of how much I love the word TWAT.  :heartbeat

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #11924 on: April 23, 2019, 01:26:04 PM »
If you three can't play nice, I'm taking away your videogames.
每天生气

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #11925 on: April 23, 2019, 01:26:04 PM »
smokydave and cauliflowers posts back to back like that  :lawd

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #11926 on: April 23, 2019, 01:27:14 PM »
riotous is just mad I outcontrarianed him

Boredfrom

« Reply #11927 on: April 23, 2019, 01:27:32 PM »

Ah dude, I don’t know. I’m just fucking bummed. Sometimes feels like there’s a vested interest in everyone refusing to understand each other. I get why so many people are drawn to becoming Resetera posters or Neogaf posters. Then you just sit back, wait for an opening to fire off one of your default zingers, and you’re that little bit closer to righteousness. It’s quick, easy, and provides an immediate assurance that you’re ‘right’.

It just fucking sucks. I guess it’s the natural result of not actually sharing the same space.

Digital wolves leering at spoiled meat. That’s how I think of most people on the net.

Ding ding

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #11928 on: April 23, 2019, 01:27:44 PM »

Propagandhim

« Reply #11929 on: April 23, 2019, 01:29:19 PM »
you guys ever wish there was no nazi germany so you could wantonly hate people without people calling you a nazi?  its like geez louise over here

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #11930 on: April 23, 2019, 01:31:05 PM »
I was with you until racists latch onto Republicans but that doesn’t make republicans racist.  That’s literally a #notallmen defense.  Many republican candidates openly embrace the racist vote so I’d say it’s pretty fair to criticize them as a whole for it.  If racists didn’t have a party that aligned with their values they just wouldn’t vote.  If racists are flocking to you in droves and that’s not the plan wouldn’t you ask yourself, “What am I doing to earn the support of people I find repugnant and what should I stop doing to prevent that?”

That said, riotous’ first reply to Sage could have easily been a Cheebo or Excelsheet post on RE

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #11931 on: April 23, 2019, 01:32:21 PM »
Giving Sage the benefit of doubt, I think he wanted to say that white supremacy ideologies are not limited to manifiestos from NeoNazis or Rednecks with MAGA hats.

It's more... look, if you use a race-only lens to look at disparities in society, it just doesn't work. There are demonstrably flaws in using that hypothesis to explain how things are.
Thats not saying that lens isn't useful, and its not saying that lens offers no insight; but that lens is not enough.

PogiJones

« Reply #11932 on: April 23, 2019, 01:33:04 PM »

I honestly believe the internet is pretty terrible for communication. It's not a wild or unique perspective, I know, but I wholeheartedly believe it. But it's like fast food; it's just so easy to access. So we all do it, knowing it's bad for us.

Hey riotous, I'm sorry I went hard on you man. I've always liked you.

stufte

« Reply #11933 on: April 23, 2019, 01:34:15 PM »
POGI 2020

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #11934 on: April 23, 2019, 01:35:39 PM »
Riotous doesn't accept your apology. Go fuck yourself

spoiler (click to show/hide)
riotous I got your back bro
[close]

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #11935 on: April 23, 2019, 01:37:29 PM »
I was with you until racists latch onto Republicans but that doesn’t make republicans racist.  That’s literally a #notallmen defense.  Many republican candidates openly embrace the racist vote so I’d say it’s pretty fair to criticize them as a whole for it.  If racists didn’t have a party that aligned with their values they just wouldn’t vote.  If racists are flocking to you in droves and that’s not the plan wouldn’t you ask yourself, “What am I doing to earn the support of people I find repugnant and what should I stop doing to prevent that?”

That said, riotous’ first reply to Sage could have easily been a Cheebo or Excelsheet post on RE

So kind of like how Nazis are registering on Ree in numbers never seen before?

Not all fascists are Nazis!  :bolo

stufte

« Reply #11936 on: April 23, 2019, 01:37:29 PM »
Guys? Can we... guys? Hey! Read this book, it'll help.

https://www.amazon.com/Subtle-Art-Not-Giving-Counterintuitive-ebook/dp/B019MMUA8S

PogiJones

« Reply #11937 on: April 23, 2019, 01:38:11 PM »
Leave it to SmokyDave to facilitate deescalation  :salute

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #11938 on: April 23, 2019, 01:38:57 PM »
Why do you guys keep saying eat a dick like it’s a bad thing :fbm

Propagandhim

« Reply #11939 on: April 23, 2019, 01:39:04 PM »
Guys? Can we... guys? Hey! Read this book, it'll help.

https://www.amazon.com/Subtle-Art-Not-Giving-Counterintuitive-ebook/dp/B019MMUA8S

Wow, must be nice to be white and be afforded the ability to have this attitude.