Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3794676 times)

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #12060 on: April 24, 2019, 01:22:51 AM »
Wait people pay attention to the story in Mortal Kombat?

Boredfrom

« Reply #12061 on: April 24, 2019, 02:00:33 AM »
https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/1120427591972859905
https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/1120706768269643778

Reading about MK 11 storyline spoilers, makes me think they are overthinking time travel consequences in the MK universe:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
The main villain obsession with balance is the main reason why everyone is miserable in both main timelines. Liu Kang becomes a god and good again because love/friendship/mentorship/whatever and decides just fix the timeline again
[close]

MK storyline is cheesy and with the complexity of Saturday morning cartoon behind all the blood and gore.

It's even stupider though because it seems like an argument against having time travel scenarios entirely.
Time travelling has completely fucked up this franchise imo, not that it wasnt fucked up before, but it's beyond fucked now.

:doge

It kind of save the franchise since IX

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #12062 on: April 24, 2019, 02:02:46 AM »

Reading about MK 11 storyline spoilers, makes me think they are overthinking time travel consequences in the MK universe:

The main villain obsession with balance is the main reason why everyone is miserable in both main timelines. Liu Kang becomes a god and good again because love/friendship/mentorship/whatever and decides just fix the timeline again
[close]

MK storyline is cheesy and with the complexity of Saturday morning cartoon behind all the blood and gore.

It's even stupider though because it seems like an argument against having time travel scenarios entirely.
Time travelling has completely fucked up this franchise imo, not that it wasnt fucked up before, but it's beyond fucked now.

How many games in a row do you think they can do the "time travel and retcon the previous plot" plotline?

will they go for 4 or is this just the time travel trilogy

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #12063 on: April 24, 2019, 02:37:07 AM »

[close]

strong disagree

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #12065 on: April 24, 2019, 02:45:05 AM »
Reset planning to create alternative twitter

BisMarckie

« Reply #12066 on: April 24, 2019, 04:56:11 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/spare-a-thought-for-everyone-who-will-never-see-avengers-endgame.113246/

Sorry if this is a morbid thread, but whenever we come to these epic pop-culture events, I always find myself thinking about the people who wake up on the day of release excited but are killed over the course of the day in accidents etc.

Given that basically everyone on the planet wants to see this movie it's fair to say there are a decent number of people worldwide who won't make the next 15-24 hours before it releases in their country.

Wasn't there even that guy who died while watching Infinity War? Spare a thought for the folks who won't get to see how it ends. Is this a weird way to think?

:neogaf

PogiJones

« Reply #12067 on: April 24, 2019, 05:14:11 AM »
I was with you until racists latch onto Republicans but that doesn’t make republicans racist.  That’s literally a #notallmen defense.  Many republican candidates openly embrace the racist vote so I’d say it’s pretty fair to criticize them as a whole for it.  If racists didn’t have a party that aligned with their values they just wouldn’t vote.  If racists are flocking to you in droves and that’s not the plan wouldn’t you ask yourself, “What am I doing to earn the support of people I find repugnant and what should I stop doing to prevent that?”
Just saw this.

It depends on the policy. A common example: If an R senator opposes "hand outs" (i.e. social security) because he thinks it's keeping poor people down by keeping them dependent on the gov't (a very popular belief among R's), and racists support the R's policy because they just don't want to give their money to brown people, then no, I think it would be strange for an R senator to suddenly support an opposite policy he thinks harms poor people just to stick it to the racists. I think asking yourself "What am I doing to earn the support of people I find repugnant" is a fair question that should be asked, but making losing their support Priority One--even at the expense of your own beliefs and doing what you believe makes the country worse off--is not reasonable.

I think there are a lot of reasons to believe racism is present in a lot of R's policies. I think it's important to ask what the costs of a policy are, and emboldening racists is one of those costs. When an R like Trump seems to demonstrate time and again through what he says and policies like the Muslim ban that he holds little value for brown people's lives, I thinks it's not only reasonable but essential to call him and his policies out on his racism. But I don't think it's reasonable to say R's are racist because racists also want some of the same policies. You don't craft policy to spite racists. You craft policy to effect change in the way you think will best help people.

It's basically the same thing I said to riotous: If an argument or policy seems to be flirting with racism on its merits, that's the reason to call it out as racist. Not because some racists have also embraced that argument or policy for what could be completely different reasons.

Don't get me started on trying to use an ironic hashtag to de-legitimize an argument  :ufup
[close]

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #12068 on: April 24, 2019, 05:14:44 AM »
I haven't seen one of these MCU movies since Spiderman Homecoming.
It's why i can't be reintegrated into society, it's too late for me!

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #12069 on: April 24, 2019, 05:14:45 AM »
How many games in a row do you think they can do the "time travel and retcon the previous plot" plotline?

Is this an Endgame spoiler

BisMarckie

« Reply #12070 on: April 24, 2019, 05:22:05 AM »
Don't get me started on trying to use an ironic hashtag to de-legitimize an argument  :ufup

#YesAllCareposts

BisMarckie

« Reply #12071 on: April 24, 2019, 06:27:17 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/trump-administration-announces-all-countries-importing-iranian-oil-will-be-subject-to-us-sanctions.112917/

That‘s a low-key great thread. Lots of graduates from WikipediaU trying to be geopolitical experts.
Even village idiots like commedieu make an appearance.

But Iran sanctions from Donald Fucking Trump isn't a healing maneuver. Its a dumb-ass petty move because he hates black people.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #12072 on: April 24, 2019, 07:23:57 AM »
But Iran sanctions from Donald Fucking Trump isn't a healing maneuver. Its a dumb-ass petty move because he hates black people.
:ltg

Superstar

« Reply #12073 on: April 24, 2019, 07:35:12 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/spare-a-thought-for-everyone-who-will-never-see-avengers-endgame.113246/

Sorry if this is a morbid thread, but whenever we come to these epic pop-culture events, I always find myself thinking about the people who wake up on the day of release excited but are killed over the course of the day in accidents etc.

Given that basically everyone on the planet wants to see this movie it's fair to say there are a decent number of people worldwide who won't make the next 15-24 hours before it releases in their country.

Wasn't there even that guy who died while watching Infinity War? Spare a thought for the folks who won't get to see how it ends. Is this a weird way to think?

:neogaf

Truly one of the dumbest threads ever made. Impressive

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #12074 on: April 24, 2019, 07:45:47 AM »
India has announced that they will go along with US sanctions. China will also probably do the same. We are fucked.
Not shocked. These countries will always refuse to stand up to the US

:confused
ὕβρις

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #12075 on: April 24, 2019, 07:48:08 AM »
Even worse, the entire population will never get to see a sequel to fury road because it’s never getting made.
 :crybaby
Oi Oi

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #12076 on: April 24, 2019, 07:50:02 AM »
If he starts a war he'll find a way to NOT leave office.. I think that's the plan. He and the Repubs keep going against the accepted way of things in Washington so don't think he's not gonna try.

None according to the not Keikaku.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #12077 on: April 24, 2019, 07:53:16 AM »
Just like yellows are honorary whites, browns might be honorary blacks ?
ὕβρις

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #12078 on: April 24, 2019, 07:58:47 AM »
If all your life was really amounting to watching end game I think you probably are the right person to die.

Nothing of real value was lost.

:era

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #12079 on: April 24, 2019, 08:07:08 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/trump-administration-announces-all-countries-importing-iranian-oil-will-be-subject-to-us-sanctions.112917/

That‘s a low-key great thread. Lots of graduates from WikipediaU trying to be geopolitical experts.
Even village idiots like commedieu make an appearance.

:what

Does he think Iran is in Africa?

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #12080 on: April 24, 2019, 08:32:21 AM »
I haven't seen one of these MCU movies since Spiderman Homecoming.
It's why i can't be reintegrated into society, it's too late for me!

Watch them on the airplane like the rest of us normies
:O

Ghoul

« Reply #12081 on: April 24, 2019, 08:58:02 AM »
I watched suicide squad on a long flight, I still felt robbed of time.

jorma

« Reply #12082 on: April 24, 2019, 09:18:05 AM »

i downloaded avengers and dr strange from the pirate bay (just like most normies do, james) and i still felt robbed  :hmph

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #12083 on: April 24, 2019, 09:19:28 AM »

i downloaded avengers and dr strange from the pirate bay (just like most normies do, james) and i still felt robbed  :hmph

You can always make more money, but you can never get more time. :(
©@©™

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #12084 on: April 24, 2019, 09:19:31 AM »
if you werent going to be before, you're 100% getting doxxed by the ree marvel ninjas now  :stan

BisMarckie

« Reply #12085 on: April 24, 2019, 09:22:52 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/identifying-yourself-as-a-minority-instead-of-what-you-identify-as.113275/
Probably because they are full of shit
Probably because they're just white people...
Y‘all ain‘t slick.

We know it‘s impossible to lie about your skin color on the internet.

jorma

« Reply #12086 on: April 24, 2019, 09:25:04 AM »

You can always make more money, but you can never get more time. :(

True! Although I don't work anymore so time is not really an issue, but that doesn't mean Marvel scamming me into wasting those hours is fair play..

I kinda liked spiderman though (mostly because it's spiderman), so i'll just pretend that me and Marvel are even stevens since i'm not likely to be compensated for lost time either way.

SmokyDave

« Reply #12087 on: April 24, 2019, 09:28:40 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/identifying-yourself-as-a-minority-instead-of-what-you-identify-as.113275/
Probably because they are full of shit
Probably because they're just white people...
Y‘all ain‘t slick.

We know it‘s impossible to lie about your skin color on the internet.
That thread man. Definitely not racists though. No paper bag tests or one-drop rules here.

I’m going to assume Elegant Weapon is the new Enzom and that once again, it’s all just whitey shouting at whitey.

BisMarckie

« Reply #12088 on: April 24, 2019, 09:31:28 AM »
White Latinos and white homosexuals, yeah.

Most of the time I read “I’m a minority”, I assume it’s a white Latino dude. I feel like I’m usually right about that too lol

Look at this racist shit that is perfectly acceptable on resetera. :lol

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #12089 on: April 24, 2019, 09:35:23 AM »
10 biggest ree-jects

10. The Kree: literally has reeee in his name
9. Slayven: sorts everything but his grammar
8. "Sweet" Nicole: nothing sweet about them
7. Messofanego: mess of a negro
6. Red Mercury: only person ever who would rather be black
5. Digital OP: thinks hes cornell west
4: Cerium: herded the lunatics
3. Nepenthe: wants to kill white babies
2. Enzom21: faked being black
1: Excelsheets: what can be said

muteKi (a new challenger) or SugarNoodles easily deserve their place on any such list  :hhh

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #12090 on: April 24, 2019, 09:36:54 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/hoo-boy-jaxs-ending-in-mk11-is-quite-something-spoilers.112762/page-29

Look at all the fun they're having

FinaleFireworker is usually so quick to shut down topics for being "not productive" too.
They're literally just clowning on syldat for pages.
Which, you know, syldat kinda deserves, but how many pages of dogpile do you actually need resetera mods?
not even a threadmark in sight.

e:
Oh, syldats even banned, so its double bad form for shit talking someone who cant even respond.
GG

BisMarckie

« Reply #12091 on: April 24, 2019, 09:38:48 AM »

I don't work anymore so time is not really an issue

How? I hope you are 65+ years old.  :tocry

Propagandhim

« Reply #12092 on: April 24, 2019, 09:43:39 AM »
White Latinos and white homosexuals, yeah.

Most of the time I read “I’m a minority”, I assume it’s a white Latino dude. I feel like I’m usually right about that too lol

Look at this racist shit that is perfectly acceptable on resetera. :lol

https://www.resetera.com/threads/identifying-yourself-as-a-minority-instead-of-what-you-identify-as.113275/#post-20138254

Quote from:
Landy828
I'm 100% white, so I can't claim anything (German/Austrian). Family came over to the US a few hundred years ago (took part in the "Indian Wars", Revolutionary War, and Civil War). I even had a great, great, great (not sure about number of "greats") aunt that was held prisoner during the "Indian Wars". Interesting stuff.

Getting OT there though, haha.

My wife has Native American on both sides of her family, but doesn't claim any kind of "minority" status. No one would know with her dyed blond hair, although she does have a slightly darker complexion than someone like myself.

Uh...  Thanks for your input?   ???
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 09:48:05 AM by Propagandhim »

BisMarckie

« Reply #12093 on: April 24, 2019, 09:50:38 AM »
Your tone probably scares people off from identifying their minority status. Not saying they’re right for being shifty, but I imagine when they see someone like yourself obviously categorizing other minorities as less credible they don’t feel safe fully sharing what their experience is.

This is why minorities who don’t matter are leaving in droves.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #12095 on: April 24, 2019, 09:57:10 AM »
why the fuck would someone get a famously scandinavian character tattooed with japanese kanjis as accompanying text?

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #12096 on: April 24, 2019, 09:57:34 AM »

Also, five bucks to the man or woman who can find someone not of Igbo descent pronouncing "Igbo" correctly.

(It's pronounced "E-bow")

I was gonna guess “iggaboo”
Oi Oi

BisMarckie

« Reply #12097 on: April 24, 2019, 09:58:30 AM »
It’s not like I’m ethnic minority checking people due to their innocuous opinions on random shit. I first started seeing it on forums where people would say status quo shit like “I’m a minority and I don’t need diverse characters to feel represented”

I think some people on resetra have a word to describe this kind of person with the goal to self-police their community. :gopnik

jorma

« Reply #12098 on: April 24, 2019, 09:58:31 AM »

nah, i still have about 20 years until my pension kicks in.
i make a fairly modest living on my capital gains, or at least i have been so far - i only quit working last year

if shit don't pan out as intended i might go back to work in 5-10 years unless i have UBI by then :)

BisMarckie

« Reply #12099 on: April 24, 2019, 10:00:52 AM »

i make a fairly modest living on my capital gains, or at least i have been so far - i only quit working last year

if shit don't pan out as intended i might go back to work in 5-10 years unless i have UBI by then :)

Alright, I thought about charging you for likes if you were loaded. :money

Boredfrom

« Reply #12100 on: April 24, 2019, 10:03:40 AM »
why the fuck would someone get a famously scandinavian character tattooed with japanese kanjis as accompanying text?

Is actually known in Japan. I think the cartoon was co produced by a Japanese company.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #12101 on: April 24, 2019, 10:06:03 AM »

most weebs only know it from the shin mumin anime  :expert

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #12102 on: April 24, 2019, 10:06:48 AM »
Is actually known in Japan. I think the cartoon was co produced by a Japanese company.

yeah, but it would be just as weird for, say, a european to get an amercian character like spiderman or batman tattooed with japanese kanji as accompanying text.

Like, if you give enough of a shit about a cartoon character that you get 5 tattoos of them, its sort of unlikely you think its some anime :idont

e:
maybe I'm wrong :idont

jorma

« Reply #12103 on: April 24, 2019, 10:06:55 AM »

Alright, I thought about charging you for likes if you were loaded. :money

no i don't have that sort of money - if i paid for likes i wouldn't have money for weed  :lol

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #12104 on: April 24, 2019, 10:09:44 AM »
If they’re not actually very marginalized and there are dismissing people who are, it’s not really “oppression olympics” as much as a privileged dickhead being dismissive of concerns that don’t really concern them

I can see why you would want cover from that position

"I'm not playing oppression olympics and I'm criticising people being dismissive of concerns outside their experience, but I'm going to declare my minority status as most attacked, and also declare other minorities outside my experience as not very marginalised"

Boredfrom

« Reply #12105 on: April 24, 2019, 10:10:29 AM »

yeah, but it would be just as weird for, say, a european to get an amercian character like spiderman or batman tattooed with japanese kanji as accompanying text.

Like, if you give enough of a shit about a cartoon character that you get 5 tattoos of them, its sort of unlikely you think its some anime :idont

e:
maybe I'm wrong :idont

I think is also a meme character there.

https://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=moomin+

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #12106 on: April 24, 2019, 10:16:53 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/hoo-boy-jaxs-ending-in-mk11-is-quite-something-spoilers.112762/page-29

Look at all the fun they're having

Quote from: Akira86
thing is, we peeped Slydat's game many pages ago, and it took this long for us to admit the bullshitting was undeniable, even though they were clinging to that ledge like damn Spiderman. that's the thing that gets me, and makes my finger linger over the ignore button. they were disingenously "loving" the time travel ending while making time travel out to being this humongous problem and inventing all sorts of issues for why people who actually liked the ending are wrong.

I don't give a whit about the disagreement, but the dishonesty covered up with "you just have bad reading comprehension i am being totally logical" wrapping paper was just too much.

They peeped his game!!  It wasn't a good look

Syldat was the fairly desexualized guy right?

Uncle

Crumb

• *cough*
« Reply #12107 on: April 24, 2019, 10:24:38 AM »
Elegant Weapon is getting murdered in that thread.

Slayven sort that shit out.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #12108 on: April 24, 2019, 10:32:06 AM »
Did enzom seriously never return
Uncle

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #12109 on: April 24, 2019, 10:32:11 AM »
ERA Clear double step authentification of Verafied Minority Status when ?
:trigger

That thread is so bad that Elegant Weapon is getting dragged pretty fierce.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #12110 on: April 24, 2019, 10:33:07 AM »
BTW I identify as a Russian bot.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #12111 on: April 24, 2019, 10:37:39 AM »
Quote from: Elegant Weapon

"I'm narrow minded and will make a ton of unfounded assumptions I'll never be able to verify and I feel really good about it !"
ὕβρις

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #12112 on: April 24, 2019, 10:38:06 AM »
Elegant Weapon is getting murdered in that thread.

Slayven sort that shit out.

Uncle

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12113 on: April 24, 2019, 10:39:52 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/persona-5-the-royal-pv-1-third-semester-new-characters-areas-pro-support-oct-31-2019-jp-and-2020-in-the-west-ps4-only-see-staff-post.113273/page-3
User Warned: Portbegging
Quote from: Rosur, post: 20137271, member: 22097
Hopefully comes to the switch as doubt I'll buy for PS4 again.

On the same page:

Quote from: Elven_Star, post: 20137350, member: 15214
Would have been interested if it were on Switch, but there is no way in hell I'm going to replay this 100-hour game on PS4. Disappointed.

No warning.

ど助平

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #12114 on: April 24, 2019, 10:41:45 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/persona-5-the-royal-pv-1-third-semester-new-characters-areas-pro-support-oct-31-2019-jp-and-2020-in-the-west-ps4-only-see-staff-post.113273/page-3
User Warned: Portbegging
Quote from: Rosur, post: 20137271, member: 22097
Hopefully comes to the switch as doubt I'll buy for PS4 again.

On the same page:

Quote from: Elven_Star, post: 20137350, member: 15214
Would have been interested if it were on Switch, but there is no way in hell I'm going to replay this 100-hour game on PS4. Disappointed.

No warning.

Oh you see the first person is hoping for a port, which is like begging for one, and the other is recognizing that there is no port which is a state of quiet acceptance
Uncle

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #12115 on: April 24, 2019, 10:41:55 AM »
"Portbegging" was always a wack infraction though I understand why it existed back on GAF to deal with some console war bullshit. But unless fanboys are flooding thread with this sort of whines, I never really understood why isolated messages were so severely moderated. Who never thought "ah man it's a rad game, too bad it's not on the hardware I have" ?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 12:40:00 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Rahxephon91

« Reply #12116 on: April 24, 2019, 10:42:58 AM »
Persona 5 threads have become the most whinny threads on reeee.

Loved the game. Never want to talk about it.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12117 on: April 24, 2019, 10:45:02 AM »
Way less "GROSS" reactions to the new character design than I thought, too.  They're too busy drooling over the humanized Morgana design instead I guess.

:exxy WARNING EXPOSED THIGHS :exxy
[close]

Quote from: Apollo, post: 20137120, member: 2462
her metaverse outfit is extremely bad

Quote from: Linkark07, post: 20137277, member: 3208
That metaverse outfit is so bad. Who thought that was a good idea?

Cat-human:
[close]

Quote from: Frozenprince, post: 20137159, member: 4582
GOD DAMN HE FINE

Quote from: Brazil, post: 20137194, member: 30
:O

That is indeed one good-looking dude.

:reeeee

ど助平

Boredfrom

« Reply #12118 on: April 24, 2019, 10:46:11 AM »
Maybe Enzom is genuinely black but went away because he was light skinned enough to be discriminated by the likes of Elegant Weapon.

Ghoul

« Reply #12119 on: April 24, 2019, 10:55:47 AM »
stop humanising furries you sick fucks. We all know they want to be animals.