Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3791697 times)

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #11940 on: April 23, 2019, 01:39:14 PM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/gaf-has-reached-a-sweet-spot-in-terms-of-user-activity.1477468/
Quote from: MrTickles, post: 254049727, member: 740670
We are in the process of fingering the G-spot of the online forum experience.
The Bore fingers the prostate of the online forum experience.
 :tauntaun
每天生气

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #11941 on: April 23, 2019, 01:40:05 PM »
Guys? Can we... guys? Hey! Read this book, it'll help.

https://www.amazon.com/Subtle-Art-Not-Giving-Counterintuitive-ebook/dp/B019MMUA8S

Anyone who needs to read a book to learn how to think for themselves is a fucking moron.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #11942 on: April 23, 2019, 01:40:14 PM »

https://www.amazon.com/Subtle-Art-Not-Giving-Counterintuitive-ebook/dp/B019MMUA8S

Wow, must be nice to be white and be afforded the ability to have this attitude.

Don't vilify my lived experience, it's all I have.  :maf

PogiJones

« Reply #11943 on: April 23, 2019, 01:40:54 PM »
I thought they were offers. I get the same offer in PM from TIMU every day.

Great, now he's gonna get sharp with me again, jealous that I went hard on riotous.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #11944 on: April 23, 2019, 01:41:28 PM »

Wow, must be nice to be white and be afforded the ability to have this attitude. 

It's not bad.
©@©™

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #11945 on: April 23, 2019, 01:42:00 PM »

Anyone who needs to read a book to learn how to think for themselves is a fucking moron.

yeah, its Date().getFullYear() and you can get a free audible trial

Boredfrom

« Reply #11946 on: April 23, 2019, 01:42:03 PM »
Giving Sage the benefit of doubt, I think he wanted to say that white supremacy ideologies are not limited to manifiestos from NeoNazis or Rednecks with MAGA hats.

It's more... look, if you use a race-only lens to look at disparities in society, it just doesn't work. There are demonstrably flaws in using that hypothesis to explain how things are.
Thats not saying that lens isn't useful, and its not saying that lens offers no insight; but that lens is not enough.

While I agree with this, there has been a genuine effort to try to undermine those lens by people that find inconvenient that people also use this lens now. I can get why Era get neurosis every time some asshole uses a ok sign to provoke a reaction in mass media, I just don’t agree that the reasonable reaction is going full RE on it.

It sucks to have mostly leftists positions but being called names because refusing to participate in a proxy war between trolls and scam artists.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #11947 on: April 23, 2019, 01:44:40 PM »
While I agree with this, there has been a genuine effort to try to undermine those lens by people that find inconvenient that people also use this lens now. I can get why Era get neurosis every time some asshole uses a ok sign to provoke a reaction in mass media, I just don’t agree that the reasonable reaction is going full RE on it.

It sucks to have mostly leftists positions but being called names because refusing to participate in a proxy war between trolls and scam artists.

I think someone linked in this thread a study that ideological zealots at both ends of the spectrum have basically driven everyone else away from online discussion spaces

BisMarckie

« Reply #11948 on: April 23, 2019, 01:46:04 PM »
This is the carepost future Pogi wants. :goldberg

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #11949 on: April 23, 2019, 01:48:21 PM »

I think someone linked in this thread a study that ideological zealots at both ends of the spectrum have basically driven everyone else away from online discussion spaces

Anecdotal I know, but it’s exactly why I’ve stopped posting in PoliEra despite almost 100% agreeing with them on policy goals.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #11950 on: April 23, 2019, 01:49:05 PM »
That book pops up in my youtube ads so often. It honestly offends me that the targeted ads recommend it to me so often.

I also get bombarded with Joe Rogan's podcast clips like "Rogan DESTROYS trans advocate" or "Jordan Peterson DESTROYS feminist". If the algorithm thinks this is what I want to watch, it must think i'm an asshole, because you'd have to be one to want to watch that shit.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #11951 on: April 23, 2019, 01:50:40 PM »
No offense Pogi

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #11952 on: April 23, 2019, 01:51:02 PM »
That book pops up in my youtube ads so often. It honestly offends me that the targeted ads recommend it to me so often.

I also get bombarded with Joe Rogan's podcast clips like "Rogan DESTROYS trans advocate" or "Jordan Peterson DESTROYS feminist". If the algorithm thinks this is what I want to watch, it must think i'm an asshole, because you'd have to be one to want to watch that shit.

Don’t read that much into the algorithm, YouTube just wants to keep eye and earballs on YouTube and finds that those types of videos drive the best engagement and thus recommend them to everyone.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #11953 on: April 23, 2019, 01:53:03 PM »
I TAKE IT BACK I LOVE YOU ALGORITHM

iPaul

« Reply #11954 on: April 23, 2019, 01:54:23 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/jordan-peterson-the-intellectual-we-deserve.30669/post-20111108   :snob
Quote from: excelsiorlef
If I got drinks for all the effort I've put into education people all over this forum... I'd never be sober and probably dead by alcohol poisoning XD
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 01:58:28 PM by iPaul »

Boredfrom

« Reply #11955 on: April 23, 2019, 01:59:15 PM »
Because he doesn’t represent a real threat and is easy to mock.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #11956 on: April 23, 2019, 01:59:57 PM »

Most things REE forbids aren't real threats.  :doge

agrajag

« Reply #11957 on: April 23, 2019, 02:00:30 PM »
MK: Riotous and jamesCauliflower Deadly Alliance

Propagandhim

« Reply #11958 on: April 23, 2019, 02:01:50 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/jordan-peterson-the-intellectual-we-deserve.30669/post-20111108   :snob
If I got drinks for all the effort I've put into education people all over this forum... I'd never be sober and probably dead by alcohol poisoning XD

excelsior will just have to settle for being paid in 'exposure'

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #11959 on: April 23, 2019, 02:02:07 PM »

I legit feel bad for spreadsheets, such a loser.

Boredfrom

« Reply #11960 on: April 23, 2019, 02:03:56 PM »

Most things REE forbids aren't real threats.  :doge

Real threats against the forum hive mind. Peterson has become someone that is more difficult to take seriously to change anyone opinion there. Stuff that can make the average user think twice is the first to get closed.

Boredfrom

« Reply #11961 on: April 23, 2019, 02:21:27 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tolkien-estate-disavows-upcoming-tolkien-biopic-film.113120/

There is literally nothing in Tolkien's personal life that suggests he was racist

The books however

:lol

Go fuck yourself Incelsior.

:sheik

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11962 on: April 23, 2019, 02:29:21 PM »
I don't want to add another carepost but to make a quick tangent : recognizing that Cortes was only able to topple the Aztec because of the massive "auxiliary" native troops provided by tribes (to choose one example, but it's pretty common to see those complex tiers of oppression and competing factions throughout most modern colonization efforts) disaffected with Aztec rule might mean "minimizing" (but not denying of negating) the idea of colonization being that absolute, dogmatic rule by Europeans but it is also more historically accurate, give back agency to native actors and actually a more finely tuned and granular analysis of how power relations play.

GreatSage post, to me, had no tint of using biological or essentialist arguments as to why some Asian/Asian American populations were able to overcome some of the racial prejudice and perform better than whites in the US (a situation that is established by studies AFAIK and that no one is contesting in its general outline). My impression is that you and james jumped to the most uncharitable reading of his posts repeatedly. Identifying why and how certain groups were/are able to compensate their lack of privilege (racial and / or economic) can actually help at better understanding how it is possible to negate those sort of entrenched injustices in more effective ways.

I know that in this thread the discourse can be unsavoury and reactionary but you know, it was not one of those cases IMHO.

:no1curr
ὕβρις

shosta

« Reply #11963 on: April 23, 2019, 02:30:21 PM »
Big ups to almond boy over here. I used to put it in my cereal. I get to do my part to end dairy cow abuse, too. Respect.
每天生气

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #11964 on: April 23, 2019, 02:35:25 PM »
I believe that dairy milk is unethical, but almond milk tastes so shit

I only had it once on a whim a few months back. Had one sip and then just threw the whole carton in the bin. And I fucking love almonds too

Boredfrom

« Reply #11965 on: April 23, 2019, 02:35:53 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/guardian-ed-the-only-way-to-rein-in-big-tech-is-to-treat-them-as-a-public-service.113125/

:doge

Why...

The techno-libertarian utopia they envisioned back then always left the fact that a significant portion of the population are degenerate assholes out of the equation. The founders of the net really only considered that people like themselves would be online.

Didn’t RE hates the shit out of Libertarians?

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #11966 on: April 23, 2019, 02:39:45 PM »
I believe that dairy milk is unethical, but almond milk tastes so shit

I only had it once on a whim a few months back. Had one sip and then just threw the whole carton in the bin. And I fucking love almonds too

Trick is to add some half-n-half to it.

So you cover up the lies with more lies

BisMarckie

« Reply #11967 on: April 23, 2019, 02:39:46 PM »
I don‘t think I drank any milk (dairy, almond, soy whatever) in over 15 years. :doge

marrec

« Reply #11968 on: April 23, 2019, 02:41:37 PM »
Dairy milk tastes like shit dunno how anyone can drink it with enjoyment.

Almond milk on the other hand is so delish

BisMarckie

« Reply #11969 on: April 23, 2019, 02:45:03 PM »
I rather drink soda than milk. Less calories too. :doge

Nuitangg

« Reply #11970 on: April 23, 2019, 02:46:36 PM »
Horizon Organic milk is the best.  Lasts forever to.

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #11971 on: April 23, 2019, 02:47:56 PM »
I only drink milk from big tittied bitches #totallystraight

Boredfrom

« Reply #11972 on: April 23, 2019, 02:48:58 PM »
Yuri doujinshis featuring lactation.

agrajag

« Reply #11973 on: April 23, 2019, 02:50:41 PM »
I only drink milk from big tittied bitches #totallystraight

i drank milk from a giant's teet for three months

BisMarckie

« Reply #11974 on: April 23, 2019, 02:51:32 PM »
I drank milk from a giant dick for three months.

PogiJones

« Reply #11975 on: April 23, 2019, 02:56:43 PM »
That argument with riotous made me lose track of time and miss picking up my kid from kindergarten. Riotous you dickhead

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #11976 on: April 23, 2019, 02:58:02 PM »

I don’t know what any of those words mean.

BisMarckie

« Reply #11977 on: April 23, 2019, 02:59:20 PM »
That argument with riotous made me lose track of time and miss picking up my kid from kindergarten. Riotous you dickhead

Neglect your kid to own the libs. :goldberg

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11978 on: April 23, 2019, 03:03:53 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/guardian-ed-the-only-way-to-rein-in-big-tech-is-to-treat-them-as-a-public-service.113125/

:doge

Why...

The techno-libertarian utopia they envisioned back then always left the fact that a significant portion of the population are degenerate assholes out of the equation. The founders of the net really only considered that people like themselves would be online.

Didn’t RE hates the shit out of Libertarians?
"The founders of the internet wanted to quickly share the state of the Russian advance and have a way to easily transmit data in the event of a nuclear war.
Citizens were not told this was the goal of the internet"
*images of border patrols along the Berlin wall*

"At the same time the Russians didn't think much of this new American toy. Believing the US would bankrupt themselves chasing such technologies with no clear goal or purpose"
*images of tense meetings with Soviet leadership*

Then a man named Al Gore came forward and said 'we need to privatize this'. A controversial idea at the time that would change the course of history.
What no one knew back then was that Gore believed he could use the internet to get himself elected President. He figured that if his face was on every screen of every computer in every household, he would be unbeatable.
So Gore did what Jesus, Gengis Khan and Alexander the Great had done before him. He created a 'myth'. He said that he had 'invented' the internet. Which by now was taking over the homes of citizens in nearly every NATO state.
*images of Al Gore's failed Presidential run / Jesus / Alexander the Great / 90's Balkan War and spooky music*
*90's pop song*

INTERCOMMUNICATION - BY ADAM CURTIS
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 03:09:02 PM by Nintex »
🤴

PogiJones

« Reply #11979 on: April 23, 2019, 03:06:09 PM »
Colin Moriarty, on the other hand...

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #11980 on: April 23, 2019, 03:09:45 PM »
For fucks sake just drink water
:O

PogiJones

« Reply #11981 on: April 23, 2019, 03:10:58 PM »

Hey, at least it was little-n neglect  :bolo

BisMarckie

« Reply #11982 on: April 23, 2019, 03:11:06 PM »
For fucks sake just drink water

Or drink delicious PepsiCo products like Dr.Pepper.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #11983 on: April 23, 2019, 03:11:15 PM »
WATERBOY!

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #11985 on: April 23, 2019, 03:15:48 PM »
A couple of people I play with regularly are trying to convince me to try out Conan. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to like the game but can anyone confirm whether it's possible to create a female character and use armour that actually covers most of the body and that won't require hours of gameplay to craft? Generally prefer to play women characters but not if I'm going to end up running around all but naked for hours.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/april-playstation-lineup-the-surge-conan-exiles.107927/post-19559871

Literally  :exxy

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #11986 on: April 23, 2019, 03:15:52 PM »

Hey, at least it was little-n neglect  :bolo

Little-n?

Tell us what you really want to say :bolo
Margs

james

« Reply #11987 on: April 23, 2019, 03:17:24 PM »
 Almonds :clap Dont :clap Have :clap Nipples :clap

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #11988 on: April 23, 2019, 03:20:45 PM »
©@©™

shosta

« Reply #11989 on: April 23, 2019, 03:24:06 PM »
Have you guys seen where cashews come from?
每天生气

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #11990 on: April 23, 2019, 03:24:42 PM »
Nibbles, Stro, nibbles.

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #11991 on: April 23, 2019, 03:25:51 PM »
Have you seen where some vanilla comes from?

:nsfw
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
:nsfw

jorma

« Reply #11992 on: April 23, 2019, 03:26:34 PM »

one post in four pages that didn't make me want to puke with disgust and i have no idea what it means

agrajag

« Reply #11993 on: April 23, 2019, 03:26:51 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

can't unsee demonic Toads

agrajag

« Reply #11994 on: April 23, 2019, 03:36:48 PM »
I have an almond, can you nipple me?

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #11995 on: April 23, 2019, 04:05:25 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
They’re also poisonous as fuck. That’s why cashews cost more. The process to render the nut inert adds to the cost. But gawd I love cashews. Best nuts out there aside from my own.

agrajag

« Reply #11996 on: April 23, 2019, 04:08:09 PM »
they sell cashew fruit juice at the local Brazilian cafe. Is it poison?

james

« Reply #11997 on: April 23, 2019, 04:16:44 PM »
Did we ever learn who Cauliflower of Love was?

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #11998 on: April 23, 2019, 04:21:10 PM »
was? he's gone?

james

« Reply #11999 on: April 23, 2019, 04:22:33 PM »