Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3793372 times)

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #23220 on: June 16, 2019, 02:05:48 PM »
https://twitter.com/REXS0L/status/1139398884046716928

:lol

I don't think Resetera peeps realizes that they are not the target audience for Cyberpunk 2077. Or the Cyberpunk series in general.

paprikastaude

« Reply #23221 on: June 16, 2019, 02:06:21 PM »
EVERYTHING IS POLITICAL... unless it's not about hamfisted references to the US 2016 election.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #23222 on: June 16, 2019, 02:12:33 PM »
Literal feminazis, as in not feminists but female nazis  :lol

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #23223 on: June 16, 2019, 02:13:41 PM »
This thread has been rebooted. If you are going to participate in this thread, you are expected to abide by these guidelines.

1. There have been numerous conversations surrounding the way Cyberpunk 2077 may depict different races and identities. These conversations are not identical or interchangeable and should not be treated as such.

2. Minorities are not a monolith. Pondsmith’s personal perspective should be respected. It’s also important to understand other people may still take issue with his work. This includes other minorities, including other black people. Anyone arguing that discussion surrounding these details are disingenuous or invalid will be moderated.

3. Do not attack or antagonize other members.

This thread is a discussion thread, not a battleground. Please stay on topic and don't generalize members or the community.

Thank you.

Now we've rebooted, let's see how we arbitrarily apply these guidelines to favour specific lines of arguments and posters!
Please remember:
1) The world of cyberpunk allows you to fully Rachel Dolezal by drinking a fucking soda, but we're going to reference contemporary IRL in order to attack this world
2) Minorities are not a monolith, but any member of any minority on era has as much leeway as they need to declare whatever they want as problematic as objective fact, and anyone claiming otherwise will get a downplaying ban
3) Do not question orthodoxy you fucking piece of shit

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #23224 on: June 16, 2019, 02:16:00 PM »
https://twitter.com/anitasarkeesian/status/1140137417661407232

:era

Our hands-on consulting style is direct, honest, and non-judgmental.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #23225 on: June 16, 2019, 02:16:51 PM »
Jesus christ the shitstorm towards Cyberpunk 2077 from crazed idiots keeps on going doesnt it
What

Raist

« Reply #23226 on: June 16, 2019, 02:19:23 PM »
2. Minorities are not a monolith.

But wypeepol are amirite.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #23227 on: June 16, 2019, 02:20:27 PM »
Jesus christ the shitstorm towards Cyberpunk 2077 from crazed idiots keeps on going doesnt it
Cyberpunk is unstoppable but these idiots don't realize that yet.

It's probably the biggest thing happening in entertainment right now.
🤴

nudemacusers

« Reply #23228 on: June 16, 2019, 02:21:17 PM »
Nobody is going to remember this shit in 8 months.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #23229 on: June 16, 2019, 02:22:53 PM »
Cyberpunk is unstoppable but these idiots don't realize that yet.

It's probably the biggest thing happening in entertainment right now.
the e3 thread for the game seems overwhelmingly positive  :yeshrug even on reee it just seems to be a few very vocal lunatics reeeing

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #23230 on: June 16, 2019, 02:24:47 PM »
The Sarkeesians of the world had their chance and they fucked it up and lost.
🤴

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #23231 on: June 16, 2019, 02:28:02 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/mike-matei-i-never-thought-that-jamesnintendonerd-channel-that-i-made-would-get-3-million-subs-on-youtube.123634/

Mike Matei is racist?

He drew extremely racist comics back in the days. He’s still proud of them. He also photographed his dick and shared the picture on reddit.

The racist cartoons I can understand, but dick pics are the most vile racism of all. :yuck
©@©™

Dennis

« Reply #23232 on: June 16, 2019, 02:29:17 PM »

It is in every single Cyberpunk 2077 thread. So I don't know.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #23233 on: June 16, 2019, 02:35:40 PM »
The Sarkeesians of the world had their chance and they fucked it up and lost.

nudemacusers

« Reply #23234 on: June 16, 2019, 02:37:41 PM »

It is in every single Cyberpunk 2077 thread. So I don't know.
On a single forum draining its user base. It’ll sell millions and the galaxy brain will reroute efforts to something else.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #23235 on: June 16, 2019, 02:48:33 PM »
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

(Image removed from quote.)

:aah
Are there more of these?  :whoo

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
🍆🍆

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #23238 on: June 16, 2019, 02:54:36 PM »
©@©™

Averon

« Reply #23239 on: June 16, 2019, 03:04:13 PM »
So Audioboxer walked before he was perm. I don't blame him one bit, tho. It is clear he was far too level-headed and sensible for modern day Reee. It is all about indignation, internet mobbing to tear people down, rage, and assuming the very worst out of everyone that aren't lock step with you 100%. What's the fucking point of spending energy making detailed, reasonable commentary when every time it's ignored, you're assumed to be a secret bigot, and you get repeatedly banned while the instigators either get off scott-free or get a slap on the wrist.

I mean, what the hell was in his last post that warranted a 1 month ban, that was increased from a 2 week ban? Nothing in it was was out of bounds or unreasonable. Why were the instigators like Kitstunelaine given a 3-day ban (a slap on the wrist) when it was she who came into the thread looking to shit it up (and, boy, did she succeed at that)? And then these fucking clowns have to gall to claim that protected posters don't exist?  :lol
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 04:25:20 PM by Averon »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #23241 on: June 16, 2019, 03:15:48 PM »
FBI Atlanta special agent in Chris Hacker

:thinking

So Audioboxer walked before he was perm. I don't blame him one bit, tho. It is clear he was far too level-headed and sensible for modern day Reee. It is all about indignation, internet mobbing to tear people down, rage, and assuming the very worst out of everyone that aren't lock step with you 100%. What's the fucking point of spending energy making detailed, reasonable commentary when every time it's ignored, you're assumed to be a secret bigot, and you get repeatedly banned while the instigators either get off scott-free or get a slap on the wrist.
It has been like this since the beginning. Why he and others stick with that toxic wastedump for so long I will never understand.
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #23242 on: June 16, 2019, 03:16:33 PM »

Raist

« Reply #23243 on: June 16, 2019, 03:20:39 PM »

Link?

Averon

« Reply #23244 on: June 16, 2019, 03:29:40 PM »

Link?

This is the post in particular that got him a 1 month ban: https://www.resetera.com/threads/mike-pondsmiths-cyberpunk-2020-creator-response-to-some-cyberpunk-2077-criticism-accuracy-to-his-orig-work-race-representation-see-staff-post.123627/page-4#post-21931677

But read the whole thread (if you can stomach it). Kitsunelaine and her ilk comes into the thread hot, accusing everyone they can of downplaying playing transphobia. Audioboxer tries to make some meaningful commentary to combat that, but he gets banned while Kitsunelaine--that help kickoff the thread going to shit--gets a slap on the wrist. The guy finally said "fuck this" and walked after that 1 month ban. He probably realized that spending energy trying to be reasonable and insightful on ERA is a waste of his time.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #23245 on: June 16, 2019, 03:41:38 PM »
Here's the thing: marrec has always been kind of critical of RE, but now that he's banned, his hatred of it has been turned way up, and he never defends it anymore.

Then we have that "exposé" from a bitter banned member, and her criticisms are being dismissed as revenge.

If you all want to know why I try to keep my account, it's so I and others know that all the criticisms I call them out for isn't stemmed from bitterness at being banned. It's purified hatred, untainted by bitterness.  :delicious

That may be, but let’s not pretend marrec wasn’t guilty of going full RE on many occasions.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #23246 on: June 16, 2019, 03:54:12 PM »
Is... is that new title for the thread and accurate quote? Please tell me one of those fucking galaxy brains over there said that?

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #23247 on: June 16, 2019, 03:58:27 PM »
Kitsunelaine comes into the thread, throwing out all sorts of accusations at users with nothing to back it up, put words into Kinthey mouth, and yet it is Kinthey that's eating a ban instead.
What is this, like, her 6th ban? She's been doing this from day one.
每天生气

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #23248 on: June 16, 2019, 03:58:57 PM »
I'm not sure I even understand what the latest "gotcha" about Cyberpunk is. It seems to me the rule just qualify what sort or roll you have to make (since as evidenced there's different levels of penalty rolls in a table depending on the sort of augments I guess), the mention has an use and a first glance I'm not convinced it's just there for the benefit of being spiteful at trans people... "Humanity cost" may have unfortunate implications and is not very sensitive language especially by today's standard but according to most everyone it was quickly revised out.

I guess it's a topic worthy of debate but there's the sentiment that people will keep digging for ammo just for the sake of getting stone carved judgements now.

Humanity Cost is like Vampire's "Humanity" system. Basically, if it goes low, you frenzy/go crazy.

So Cyberpunk's version is "how far can you push your body near the limit and getting cool shit without losing your spirit/humanity?"

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #23249 on: June 16, 2019, 04:02:06 PM »
Crossing Eden spinning like a motherfucker while dragging around those goalposts in the reboot topic.

I'm certainly wondering if he signed off on the "ebonics" style subtitles and voice direction.
other posters: what? are you saying that people don't talk like that, or that transcribing speech is racist?

There's authentic accents, and then there's reinforcing harmful stereotypes like that even if well intentioned.
other posters: thats an actual language though, like patois or pidgin

Highly doubt they do it for the sake of accuracy considering it's subtitles being added for the player, who the character proceeds to make fun of on more than one occasion. Which'll be doubly weird if we choose to play as a POC.
other posters: but all their games transcribe NPC dialogue as how it is spoken, not how it might be written in queens english

Do Haitians type out they as "dey" and them as "dem." As this whole situation is giving me knuckles "do u know the way" or "Barret's original localization is just a Mr. T homage" vibes when it comes to how people are saying "well it's ok because x"
Makes me wonder how the subtitles will be displayed for these npcs:

:mindblown

like the subtitles for obvious hillbilly redneck looking NPCs are going to be "I say good sir, would you mind awfully returning to the public carriageways, for you see this is private property and I fear you are committing the act of tresspass"

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #23250 on: June 16, 2019, 04:06:53 PM »
It's quite amazing how many people have declared themselves an authority of what the cyberpunk genre is. They never happen to actually cite any works though. I imagine they'd be quite shocked if they actually read something like Neuromancer.

Quote from: Neuromancer
A pair of predatory- looking Christian Scientists were edging toward a trio of young office techs who wore idealized holographic vaginas on their wrists, wet pink glittering under the harsh lighting. The techs licked their perfect lips nervously and eyed the Christian Sci entists from beneath lowered metallic lids. The girls looked like tall, exotic grazing animals, swaying gracefully and un consciously with the movement of the train, their high heels like polished hooves against the gray metal of the car's floor. Before they could stampede, take flight from the missionaries, the train reached Case's station.

Ugh, does he even know what cyberpunk is?  :exxy

Oh man, I don't remember that line. Time for a re-read. :rejoice

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #23251 on: June 16, 2019, 04:15:17 PM »
Crossing Eden spinning like a motherfucker while dragging around those goalposts in the reboot topic.

I'm certainly wondering if he signed off on the "ebonics" style subtitles and voice direction.
other posters: what? are you saying that people don't talk like that, or that transcribing speech is racist?

There's authentic accents, and then there's reinforcing harmful stereotypes like that even if well intentioned.

Highly doubt they do it for the sake of accuracy considering it's subtitles being added for the player, who the character proceeds to make fun of on more than one occasion. Which'll be doubly weird if we choose to play as a POC.
other posters: but all their games transcribe NPC dialogue as how it is spoken, not how it might be written in queens english

Do Haitians type out they as "dey" and them as "dem." As this whole situation is giving me knuckles "do u know the way" or "Barret's original localization is just a Mr. T homage" vibes when it comes to how people are saying "well it's ok because x"

like the subtitles for obvious hillbilly redneck looking NPCs are going to be "I say good sir, would you mind awfully returning to the public carriageways, for you see this is private property and I fear you are committing the act of tresspass"

jorma

« Reply #23252 on: June 16, 2019, 04:20:10 PM »

they are trying so hard for an angle in on the racist thing :lol

i guess something has to be deemed racist, or all that rage spent was for nothing

« Reply #23253 on: June 16, 2019, 04:20:18 PM »
The Kitsunelaine slap on the wrist kind of brings us back to the whole "voices that need to be heard" thing of gaf.  Era moderation is having the same problem with separating the concepts of marginalized groups needing protection and marginalized groups getting special treatment that gaf moderation had.  Of course this only applies to the marginalized posters with the "correct" view.  I legitimately think Cream would not be banned from the Era of today.

Which is kind of interesting because it seems like literally no one is happy there.  The marginalized groups are requesting bans/leaving in droves™ despite that special treatment while the other end is bitter about said special treatment and lopsided moderation in the first place.  How the hell is this sustainable?   

paprikastaude

« Reply #23254 on: June 16, 2019, 04:24:32 PM »
Which is kind of interesting because it seems like literally no one is happy there.  The marginalized groups are requesting bans/leaving in droves™ despite that special treatment while the other end is bitter about said special treatment and lopsided moderation in the first place.  How the hell is this sustainable?

It's not, Cyberpunk will kill the place :goldberg

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #23255 on: June 16, 2019, 04:36:23 PM »
discord? sorry i am not a pedophile

marrec

« Reply #23256 on: June 16, 2019, 04:37:24 PM »
I’m pretty sure he browses Bore, he’s talked to me about it before.

marrec

« Reply #23257 on: June 16, 2019, 04:38:00 PM »
How do they reconcile the standard RE mandate that only white people can be racist with a black guy being responsible for the stuff in a game they thought was racist and from a white guy (with the implication they don't think black people write sci fi or games) being from a black guy?
Internalized racism is a thing, but this ain’t it

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #23258 on: June 16, 2019, 04:39:14 PM »
I've got him on Grindr but looks like he doesn't use it very much anymore.
每天生气

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #23259 on: June 16, 2019, 04:49:30 PM »

One of the few bans in my history of histories resulted from a debate about whether a writer should have written the quotes from one of the last surviving slaves in the US in the original pidgin English or not.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-last-slave-ship-survivor-gave-an-interview-in-the-1930s-it-just-surfaced.42034/

BCT mobilised on that occasion to call me racist for suggesting that maybe there were plusses and minuses for both keeping the original pronunciation and for transcribing into modern English. Even though I said my preference was to keep the original pronunciation rather than "correcting" it.

Obviously, my dangerous centrist thoughts were too much for a bunch of screeching assholes and it was my fault for thinking that it was possible to have an academic debate about an issue like history.
Spud

Dennis

« Reply #23260 on: June 16, 2019, 04:57:39 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-last-slave-ship-survivor-gave-an-interview-in-the-1930s-it-just-surfaced.42034/

BCT mobilised on that occasion to call me racist for suggesting that maybe there were plusses and minuses for both keeping the original pronunciation and for transcribing into modern English. Even though I said my preference was to keep the original pronunciation rather than "correcting" it.

Anybody know what happened to Enzom21?

I just realized I haven't seen him post in a long time.

Jansen

« Reply #23261 on: June 16, 2019, 05:00:28 PM »
Member figuregaf? They're about to have another exodus lmao

https://www.resetera.com/threads/japanese-mobile-gacha-games-ot-gatcha-wallet.911/page-54#post-21921668

Quote from: Castile, post: 21921668, member: 35077

Oof, I may leave this site if it starts affecting other threads. I wonder how those new strict guidelines will affect the anime thread.

Quote from: Einbroch, post: 21921690, member: 1319

Visual novel, GBF, E7, GFL, FGO, FEH all about to be banned. This site is hilarious.

Quote from: commish, post: 21921697, member: 8858

Yeah. I already post a lot less here. This is just silly. But hey, not my site, so what can I say.

Quote from: Chrono, post: 21921729, member: 4148

Man, I hope not. This site is the source I use for my gacha communities as I don't particularly like Reddit. I guess I could move to Discord, but I prefer forum systems over chat programs. :/

I also learned that the Senran Kagura games are banned here? I had no idea.

Quote from: Numberfox, post: 21921779, member: 46436

Wow... will this thread also get locked since we regularly post trailers and talk about games that would get banned?

Quote from: Biestmann, post: 21921861, member: 2611

Sorry, guys, but I was the one that put in the ban request. Too many kindergarteners in that game, with creepy dialogue and a marriage mechanic to cap it off. It's too much even for a gacha game.

Quote from: Refrain, post: 21921900, member: 19763

What is their reason for this? This is fucking bullshit

Quote from: commish, post: 21921934, member: 8858

Honest question, but why could you just not go to that thread if it bothered you?

Quote from: Biestmann, post: 21922063, member: 2611

That was just a hypothetical. Realistically, those games should be safe.

It is my belief that this site shouldn't permit discussion of games that objectify children to this degree. I apologize to those of you playing the game for other reasons, but hope you at least can acknowledge the presence of problematic content in the game that prompted me to contact those in charge here.

Quote from: commish, post: 21922247, member: 8858

I never really seen it as objectifying children, tbh.  I know Japanese culture is very different than American culture in this way, so I’m not surprised that some have an issue with it.

Quote from: Chrono, post: 21922253, member: 4148

It does seem strange to ban a game that's rated 12+ on the app stores, but what's done is done. I doubt the decision will be reversed.

Quote from: LordDraven, post: 21924966, member: 52336

Apparently the guy chose to make a mock of the situation

[MEDIA=streamable]tbcay[/MEDIA]

Mod Edit: This is from 2017.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/japanese-mobile-gacha-games-ot-gatcha-wallet.911/page-107#post-21927871

Quote from: Grimmjow, post: 21927871, member: 5711

Lol this ain't the first time mods made some silly ass decisions

Dennis

« Reply #23262 on: June 16, 2019, 05:07:09 PM »
Member figuregaf? They're about to have another exodus lmao

https://www.resetera.com/threads/japanese-mobile-gacha-games-ot-gatcha-wallet.911/page-54#post-21921668

But this time they are safe from nudemacusers.

Jansen

« Reply #23263 on: June 16, 2019, 05:07:44 PM »

Bct:

nudemacusers

« Reply #23264 on: June 16, 2019, 05:08:20 PM »
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Jansen

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #23266 on: June 16, 2019, 05:17:13 PM »
This was posted only 4 days ago but nearly 30 pages ago in this thread

https://www.resetera.com/threads/im-glad-that-this-forum-exist.122849/page-2#post-21818444

I can't even remember what all happened after that post

how's it going beef

y'all alright?
Uncle

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #23268 on: June 16, 2019, 05:27:42 PM »

CYBA PUNKS 2077

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #23271 on: June 16, 2019, 05:40:22 PM »
Y'all should have told me to draft Audioboxer before it was too late.

The multiple posts of support for audioboxer brought a tear to my eye and a dox to my fingertips

I think this is him, the tweets are protected but you can send a follow request and try to say hey
Uncle

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #23272 on: June 16, 2019, 05:42:23 PM »

CYBA PUNKS 2077
Alex Jones should sue for copyright infringement  :yuck
🤴

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #23275 on: June 16, 2019, 06:00:45 PM »

I dunno man, you should make a topic about it on era, maybe someone can let you know if he's okay

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #23277 on: June 16, 2019, 06:17:08 PM »
https://twitter.com/flglmn/status/1139635915935141888

Meanwhile, Bob Chipman has some thoughts.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #23278 on: June 16, 2019, 06:17:39 PM »
This was posted only 4 days ago but nearly 30 pages ago in this thread

https://www.resetera.com/threads/im-glad-that-this-forum-exist.122849/page-2#post-21818444

I can't even remember what all happened after that post

how's it going beef

y'all alright?

He's obviously fine, he's making trashy troll threads under mod-immunity
:trumps

PogiJones

« Reply #23279 on: June 16, 2019, 06:32:10 PM »

Not sure if you're joking, but in case you're not, he disappeared once someone noticed a video he posted of himself a few years ago had a very light-skinned (white, tbh) thumb. At first most of us didn't buy into it, but him completely disappearing at the exact same time suggests it's true that he was actually a white dude posing as a black dude. No one, not even his closest friends, has even mentioned him since his disappearance after he posted every day for years, so we assume he must have been confronted in the Discords, and the BCT has just kept a lid on it since. Nate made a thread asking where he was and got perm'd for it.