Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3793567 times)

marrec

Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #23160 on: June 16, 2019, 09:58:34 AM »
Mike Pondsmith would be banned on ERA for dismissing the concerns of posters who are afraid CDPR are misappropriating Mike Pondsmiths vision.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #23161 on: June 16, 2019, 09:59:09 AM »
Discussion going strong with zero posts since reopening the thread 24 minutes ago

I'm beginning to question Productivity Assessors qualifications and assessment methodology

zepblackstar

« Reply #23162 on: June 16, 2019, 10:03:04 AM »
Why don't they just come out and say that Mike Pondsmith is not giving them the right minority opinion their white asses don't like? :maf :maf

marrec

« Reply #23163 on: June 16, 2019, 10:10:18 AM »
ERA Poster: I'm afraid the original vision of Cyberpunk 2020 is getting warped by the white supremacists over at CDPR

Mike Pondsmith: Don't worry it's not

USER BANNED: (duration pending)

nudemacusers

« Reply #23164 on: June 16, 2019, 10:15:35 AM »
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #23165 on: June 16, 2019, 10:18:29 AM »
ERA Poster: I'm afraid the original vision of Cyberpunk 2020 is getting warped by the white supremacists over at CDPR

Mike Pondsmith: Don't worry it's not

USER BANNED: (duration pending)

Too bad that they didn't stumble over the comment where Pondsmith is mad that people keep saying that Poland is a racist hellhole

Quote from: Pondsmith
Anyway, CDPR's a company based in a country that really, really, REALLY doesn't like black people. Like to the point where it's considered politically incorrect in Poland to not be racist. In other countries, racist politicians usually try to hide behind dogwhistles and other shit. In Poland, the ruling government flat-out says gay people are degenerates and non-whites aren't welcome. So I can understand people being a bit wary of how it handles race, especially since the setting is largely composed of non-white people. It would be a bit like if a company from Saudi Arabia decided to a make where the characters were all gay. You'd look into it a bit lol.
I'm going to assume you aren't living in Poland and you're not black. That being said (and I apologize if you manage to fit into these narrow parameters), I've travelled all over Poland and have never encountered anything but friendly, accepting people. "But Mike," I hear you say, "you'ra a famous game designer who travels with a CDPR entourage. It's different for you. Wrong. I'm travelling alone to a lot of cities, with my son, friends and occasional people I meet. I'm taking taxis, trains and even UBER. People are unerringly friendly.

Look, reality check. A government does NOT define it's people. A government reflects whoever managed to grab the wheel for a while. That's one reason why there should be Cyberpunks. Most of the Poles I have met really hate the current government and that's why there are huge demonstrations in the streets of Warsawa against them. On top of it, the CDPR crew is one of the most ethnically diverse, international crews I have ever worked with. And I get a bit tired of people who have never talked to them, have never visited the country, and still make sweeping generalizations about what other people think.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/c0a5b5/awesome_black_characters/er45mil?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #23166 on: June 16, 2019, 10:19:57 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-fathers-day-yall.123637/

Happy Father’s Day everyone!

My father is a stupid piece of shit and I wish he was dead.

theres that era spirit

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #23167 on: June 16, 2019, 10:21:40 AM »
Theres also this, that keeps being retweeted and I have no doubt is rustling some jimmies

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23168 on: June 16, 2019, 10:23:33 AM »
Polish brainwashing really is strong, damn !
ὕβρις

Tiops

« Reply #23170 on: June 16, 2019, 10:43:34 AM »
Audioboxer finally gave up and requested to have his account deleted.

Dennis

« Reply #23171 on: June 16, 2019, 11:23:16 AM »

Audioboxer was without the shadow of a doubt one of the most level-headed and reasonable posters on ResetEra, and before that, on NeoGAF.

A great loss for any debate forum.

:salute

Tiops

« Reply #23172 on: June 16, 2019, 11:28:07 AM »

Audioboxer was without the shadow of a doubt one of the most level-headed and reasonable posters on ResetEra, and before that, on NeoGAF.

Yep, always liked his posts, agreeing or not. But it's expected, due to the level of insanity in Era at the moment. Godspeed, normal person.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #23173 on: June 16, 2019, 11:31:02 AM »

Yep, always liked his posts, agreeing or not. But it's expected, due to the level of insanity in Era at the moment. Godspeed, normal person.

Gonna say the same. Do at some point, some ban for someone as prolific as this, whom asks for closure, cause the other mods to question the atmosphere they’ve cultivated?

Is such a thing possible?

Good luck, Boxer.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 02:24:22 PM by joeboy101 »

PogiJones

« Reply #23174 on: June 16, 2019, 11:31:46 AM »
Mods pls ban nudemac from every forum ever and also life for that avatar

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #23175 on: June 16, 2019, 11:34:21 AM »

So a great gain for ResetEra. :doge

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #23176 on: June 16, 2019, 11:38:51 AM »

So a great gain for ResetEra. :doge

It’s certainly going to speed their insular polarizing.

« Reply #23177 on: June 16, 2019, 11:52:13 AM »
Lmao at the Mike from Cinemassacre thread

Just 3 pages of rage for no real reason other than to rage
Link please

PogiJones

« Reply #23178 on: June 16, 2019, 12:18:54 PM »
Y'all should have told me to draft Audioboxer before it was too late.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #23180 on: June 16, 2019, 12:25:08 PM »
Locked AGAIN.  :lol

jorma

« Reply #23181 on: June 16, 2019, 12:25:36 PM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23183 on: June 16, 2019, 12:35:18 PM »
Lmao at the Mike from Cinemassacre thread

Just 3 pages of rage for no real reason other than to rage
Link please

As a deputy mod admiral in the absence of BenjiOwnSales I'd like to direct RE staff attention to this thread :

https://www.resetera.com/threads/mike-matei-i-never-thought-that-jamesnintendonerd-channel-that-i-made-would-get-3-million-subs-on-youtube.123634/
ὕβρις

PogiJones

« Reply #23184 on: June 16, 2019, 12:36:19 PM »
Here's the thing: marrec has always been kind of critical of RE, but now that he's banned, his hatred of it has been turned way up, and he never defends it anymore.

Then we have that "exposé" from a bitter banned member, and her criticisms are being dismissed as revenge.

If you all want to know why I try to keep my account, it's so I and others know that all the criticisms I call them out for isn't stemmed from bitterness at being banned. It's purified hatred, untainted by bitterness.  :delicious

« Reply #23185 on: June 16, 2019, 12:36:36 PM »
Ah I love it. RE wants to be insiders so much and then the author fires a shot across their faux-wokeness bow, and they lose their shit.  :lol

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #23186 on: June 16, 2019, 12:38:00 PM »
Oi Oi

Coffee Dog

« Reply #23187 on: June 16, 2019, 12:40:19 PM »
Is marrec permed? I must have missed that.

« Reply #23188 on: June 16, 2019, 12:42:30 PM »
Someone should explain to Mike that most of these people he's talking about can't even tell their Uncle Bob to pass the salt without having an anxiety attack, much less go face to face on issues that matter.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #23189 on: June 16, 2019, 12:43:02 PM »
In on page 420
🍆🍆

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23190 on: June 16, 2019, 12:48:08 PM »
I'm not sure I even understand what the latest "gotcha" about Cyberpunk is. It seems to me the rule just qualify what sort or roll you have to make (since as evidenced there's different levels of penalty rolls in a table depending on the sort of augments I guess), the mention has an use and a first glance I'm not convinced it's just there for the benefit of being spiteful at trans people... "Humanity cost" may have unfortunate implications and is not very sensitive language especially by today's standard but according to most everyone it was quickly revised out.

I guess it's a topic worthy of debate but there's the sentiment that people will keep digging for ammo just for the sake of getting stone carved judgements now.
ὕβρις

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #23191 on: June 16, 2019, 12:48:59 PM »
User Banned (2 weeks): Hostile and dismissive comment in a serious discussion
I absolutely hate comments like these. It’s only going to embolden and aid bigots.
No this comment is aimed at myopic fools who run with conjecture.
What discussion?  :gopnik
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #23192 on: June 16, 2019, 12:53:09 PM »
Someone should claim to be Mike Podsmith.
每天生气

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23193 on: June 16, 2019, 01:03:44 PM »
More bans in that C2077 thread. Some got one month, some 3 days, I'll let you guess.
ὕβρις

shosta

« Reply #23194 on: June 16, 2019, 01:07:17 PM »
This is kind of a bullshit response because he's assuming all these people making criticisms are white.

Also, because it seems like it needs to be said, him being black doesn't make him immune to being ignorant.
Getting closer to jenkem bingo
每天生气

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #23195 on: June 16, 2019, 01:07:45 PM »
Theres also this, that keeps being retweeted and I have no doubt is rustling some jimmies
(Image removed from quote.)

Star Wars says that representative republics inexorably turn to graft and bad governance, paving the way for Caesarean seizures of power.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #23196 on: June 16, 2019, 01:08:37 PM »
More bans in that C2077 thread. Some got one month, some 3 days, I'll let you guess.
Only an eclipse can stop the ritualistic slaughter at this point.  :rejoice

marrec

« Reply #23197 on: June 16, 2019, 01:11:06 PM »
All the distinguished mentally-challenged fellows on GAF have to do at this point is wait for CP2077 to be released, ERA will absolutely implode from the weight of self-righteousness caused by everyone playing and enjoying such a problematic game

No need to make up pedo bullshit

« Reply #23198 on: June 16, 2019, 01:13:33 PM »
how do you pronounce NoneEra? Gonna need a video.

NonceEra

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23199 on: June 16, 2019, 01:16:58 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-is-cyberpunk-2077-being-described-as-open-world-action-adventure-title-and-not-open-world-rpg.123677/

CDPR deadnaming RPGs now :yikes

All the distinguished mentally-challenged fellows on GAF have to do at this point is wait for CP2077 to be released, ERA will absolutely implode from the weight of self-righteousness caused by everyone playing and enjoying such a problematic game

No need to make up pedo bullshit

Well maybe but that ERA pedo secret has been the only thing that could qualify as outside attention, "winning" several users back in a couple of days and high traffic (or so it seems) so they'll surf that wave as hard as they can.
ὕβρις

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #23201 on: June 16, 2019, 01:22:14 PM »
if transhumanism is problematic outside a philosophical sense those fuckers are further gone than i thought

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #23203 on: June 16, 2019, 01:26:36 PM »
Meanwhile at CDPR after the first pre-order numbers roll in

:success  :gladbron :lawd :mynicca :whoo :whew :rejoice
🤴

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #23204 on: June 16, 2019, 01:27:30 PM »
Here's the thing: marrec has always been kind of critical of RE, but now that he's banned, his hatred of it has been turned way up, and he never defends it anymore.

Then we have that "exposé" from a bitter banned member, and her criticisms are being dismissed as revenge.

If you all want to know why I try to keep my account, it's so I and others know that all the criticisms I call them out for isn't stemmed from bitterness at being banned. It's purified hatred, untainted by bitterness.  :delicious
i cant imagine posting on a non bire orange gaf forum ever again, those people are loons and add nothing but salt and bitterness to one's daily life. when the bire goes under im going to fly to stro's place so we can kill each other.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #23205 on: June 16, 2019, 01:27:56 PM »
"The whole of the Internet"
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Anita, this is "CyberPUNK," not "CyberBEG."   :doge
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #23208 on: June 16, 2019, 01:30:25 PM »
https://twitter.com/anitasarkeesian/status/1140137414381322240
 :crowdlaff :girlaff :mueller :taylor :popular :brock
to think carl of akkad outlasted her ito cultural significance and reach, must suck when she wakes up everyday, look in the mirror and deep down know a fat clown from england and complete failure of a politician still has more to offer than her

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #23209 on: June 16, 2019, 01:30:36 PM »

paprikastaude

« Reply #23210 on: June 16, 2019, 01:32:08 PM »

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #23211 on: June 16, 2019, 01:36:41 PM »
sad and pathetic ebegging
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #23212 on: June 16, 2019, 01:39:04 PM »
They're so fucking thirsty for outrage and to get someone of something #cancelled they're not even pretending to be debating 'in good faith' or even reading their own fucking cited sources anymore

first fucking paragraph: 'basic sex change' (which is technologically superior to what actual IRL contemporary sex changes consist of) - no counselling no follow up treatment.

remapping your entire fucking genome, entirely reconstructing large parts of your body so that they do not match how you used to see yourself in a mirror anymore, implanting completely artificial bodily functions such as growing yourself a child bearing capable womb - either some counselling as to the erosion of your sense of self, or the possibility of some trauma induced mental illness (which is what the 'humanity' stat represents)

e:
same fucking deal with the "PROSTHETICS DOESN'T MAKE YOU LESS HUMAN" twitter bs above; its not fucking saying it does.
Its saying that - if for example - you lose a fucking limb, you aren't automatically a-fucking-okay with that, and you should either get some counselling to repair your sense of identity, or you risk the possibility of some kind of breakdown later.
Which is pretty fucking accurate, which is why there are things like support groups IRL, jfc.

its ultimately a game, and rules like those exist not only to make the players think about deeper issues like what it means to be human when the human body is a blank canvas that you can fuck up however you see fit, but also to stop munchkins from saying "ok, I want sharks teeth embedded in my penis, so I can rape enemies to death, what do you mean doing that to myself might have some repercussions beyond being awesome?"
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 01:43:25 PM by GreatSageEqualOfHeaven »

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #23213 on: June 16, 2019, 01:41:18 PM »
https://twitter.com/anitasarkeesian/status/1140137414381322240
 :crowdlaff :girlaff :mueller :taylor :popular :brock

It's quite amazing how many people have declared themselves an authority of what the cyberpunk genre is. They never happen to actually cite any works though. I imagine they'd be quite shocked if they actually read something like Neuromancer.

Quote from: Neuromancer
A pair of predatory- looking Christian Scientists were edging toward a trio of young office techs who wore idealized holographic vaginas on their wrists, wet pink glittering under the harsh lighting. The techs licked their perfect lips nervously and eyed the Christian Sci entists from beneath lowered metallic lids. The girls looked like tall, exotic grazing animals, swaying gracefully and un consciously with the movement of the train, their high heels like polished hooves against the gray metal of the car's floor. Before they could stampede, take flight from the missionaries, the train reached Case's station.

Ugh, does he even know what cyberpunk is?  :exxy

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #23214 on: June 16, 2019, 01:44:28 PM »
with the avengers and GoT done, cyberpunk is probably one of biggest releases on the entire popular entertainment radar. massive opportunity for CDPR to change the narrative by sticking a rigid digit up to every screaming cunt out there who has been rewarded for their cancel culture histrionics by every popular medium becoming bland innofensive whiteboard-woke trash just to placate them.

really hope they stay the course. if they do and it's a massive success, others would surely follow.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #23215 on: June 16, 2019, 01:53:43 PM »
You'd think it'd be the amputee community who would up in arms over cyberpunk.

FStop7

« Reply #23216 on: June 16, 2019, 01:54:26 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Should have replaced “NYPD” with “NAMBLA”

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #23217 on: June 16, 2019, 01:57:21 PM »
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

:aah
🤴

paprikastaude

« Reply #23218 on: June 16, 2019, 02:01:32 PM »
The only cyberpunk author worthy to reee is David Cage :snob Too bad he's a white cis male, which inherently prevents his masterpiece of subtlety Detroit to be considered fully ree proof :fbm

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #23219 on: June 16, 2019, 02:02:19 PM »
Era: Fuck those whiny man-babies who claim they don't want politics in their videogames, if they don't like what the people making it have to say they can just stfu and not buy it

also era: UGH THIS POLITICISED WORLD BUILDING OFFENDS ME, CANCEL IT, CANCEL THE PUBLISHER, HOW DARE THEY? MGFGFGGSDFGZSRHZRHBSR