Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3799729 times)

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #33420 on: July 26, 2019, 01:52:27 AM »
Quote from: RedMercury
First off, "outrage culture" is not a thing, it's a meme perpetrated by people who on some level do not like that people have the tools to hold other people accountable for bad shit and are using them instead of internalizing it and brushing it off. False accusations are incredibly rare compared to true ones.

Secondly, using your position as a public figure to reach out to your fans multiple times grooming them for sex, some of them much younger than him, is absolutely predatory behavior. He himself admitted that was wrong.

The “tools” that you mention have existed since a while, fucking Simpsons warned us about this like 20 years ago. The fact that a whole generation of dumbasses are just relearning this makes me think the human race is doomed.

RedMercury is so self delusional and so self unaware.  When he looks in the mirror this is what he sees.

Except black

sigh

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #33421 on: July 26, 2019, 01:57:13 AM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/wife-hits-husband-on-plane-with-laptop-video-shows.1494547/post-254951758
See what happens when we stop beating up women? Let this be a lesson.

cool message board
this is why i never stopped beating my wife

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #33422 on: July 26, 2019, 01:58:00 AM »
Using the word "grooming" to describe talking to adult women cracks me up.
maybe they are talking about marriage  :brain

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #33423 on: July 26, 2019, 02:01:43 AM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #33424 on: July 26, 2019, 02:09:32 AM »
i wish i had a bore girlfriend  :juicy

Subscribe to Bore Emblem : all my head is head waifus™ and you can probably get a full set for the low, low price of 15k$ over a couple of years !
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #33425 on: July 26, 2019, 02:26:05 AM »
Quote from: Scullibundo
I don’t want to prove that he never raped anyone. I want to know how you go from ‘Okay, he didn’t rape this sole accuser’ to ‘Doesn’t mean he hasn’t raped others’ when as far as I know (please correct me if I’m wrong) she was the sole accuser of sexual assault.

I’m literally asking how you justify that line of reasoning for anybody. Not just creepy Signore.

There's no dissonance if you just assume that all men are would be rapists.
:rollsafe

https://www.resetera.com/threads/andy-signore-ex-screenjunkies-defends-himself-against-sexual-assault-accusations.131078/post-23070368
ὕβρις

clothedmacuser

« Reply #33426 on: July 26, 2019, 02:27:19 AM »
It's another example of "I'm too dumb to argue against it so maybe we should just ban it."

Maybe, if you are that dumb, you should just stop sharing your opinions Crossing Eden and Excesorf
sigh

clothedmacuser

« Reply #33427 on: July 26, 2019, 02:30:20 AM »
Quote from: RedMercury
First off, "outrage culture" is not a thing, it's a meme perpetrated by people who on some level do not like that people have the tools to hold other people accountable for bad shit and are using them instead of internalizing it and brushing it off. False accusations are incredibly rare compared to true ones.

Secondly, using your position as a public figure to reach out to your fans multiple times grooming them for sex, some of them much younger than him, is absolutely predatory behavior. He himself admitted that was wrong.

The “tools” that you mention have existed since a while, fucking Simpsons warned us about this like 20 years ago. The fact that a whole generation of dumbasses are just relearning this makes me think the human race is doomed.

RedMercury is so self delusional and so self unaware.  When he looks in the mirror this is what he sees.

(Image removed from quote.)

Except black

(Image removed from quote.)

It's a great sketch and I should have posted it.
sigh

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #33428 on: July 26, 2019, 02:37:24 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/devil-advocate-argument-is-a-pain-in-the-ass.131240/#post-23076179

A nice thing to remind someone who admits "I'm just playing devil's advocate here..." is to remind them that YOURE LITERALLY ADMITTING YOU'RE ADVOCATING FOR THE DEVIL

:brain

spoiler (click to show/hide)
...or Poe's law.
[close]
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #33429 on: July 26, 2019, 02:57:02 AM »
CANCEL NAUGHTY GODS Let's not be too hasty there. :doge

https://www.resetera.com/threads/naughty-dog-crunch-culture-examined.131067/

I’m happy to see so many people taking this in the spirit it was meant.
Let’s keep it up y’all.

THREAD LOCKED

https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-time-for-straight-men-to-step-up-and-support-their-fellow-queer-gamers-see-staff-post.131008/post-23059516

It's your money OP, if you have fun and this isn't a big deal then there is no problem. I personally probably spend something like that on other non essential thinga but the important thing is you have fun, i'm sure OP has the money to burn.

That said you have definitely have gambling problems that you need to be checked

I want you to know that no one is judging you or your motivations. The police is almost there now.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/after-over-3-years-and-more-than-15k-im-essentially-done-with-fire-emblem-heroes.131128/post-23078512
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #33430 on: July 26, 2019, 03:13:11 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/devil-advocate-argument-is-a-pain-in-the-ass.131240/

Quote from: slayven
To me it means "Let me be an asshole, but not want to be called out for it"

:trigger
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #33431 on: July 26, 2019, 04:59:26 AM »
UBI advocate & Yang Gang member Crossing Eden does it again :

User warned.

This is literally tales from your ass. Ubisoft titles are straight up known for having some of the least intrusive stores and they tend to hide their stores behind multiple UI.
Yves, listen... in New Dawn it's basically in your face whenever you go to upgrade/buy weapons. Every stash also doles out a small amount of premium currency to constantly remind you that it's there.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/wolfenstein-youngblood-ot-les-louves-chassent-en-meute.130576/post-23056609
ὕβρις

Snoopycat_

« Reply #33432 on: July 26, 2019, 05:30:44 AM »
"I've somehow managed to live a full and productive life without perceiving any benefit in inhaling smoke of any kind. I'm now in my sixties."

:whatisthis

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-is-europe-so-far-behind-on-legal-marijuana.131241/#post-23076510

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #33433 on: July 26, 2019, 05:37:37 AM »
So people can’t have opinions here now? Yeesh.

This place will become extremely shitty if people start getting banned because they think differently from you, OP. Not like people are advocating for blindly murdering people.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-why-is-being-pro-death-penalty-allowed-here.131222/post-23074236

The place is extremely shitty because people get banned constantly because they think differently from each other.

You dumb fucks. You stupid mother fucking morons.

Its not locked because era doesn't routinely - as site policy - lock threads that convey a different worldview than the narrative they want to propagate.

Its locked because 'the optics' of purple gaf being a bunch of hang-'em-high deaths too good for 'em I hope they get buttfucked in prison types on the subject of crime and punishment is Not A Good Look

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #33434 on: July 26, 2019, 05:39:18 AM »
That story smelled like BS since a mile away and her reactions probably says more about the situation...

won't stop it being vaguely cited as truthfact (no source) in future threads about japanese charactewr design ("How can you defend this when we know from developers that its the suits who force artists to make their characters younger and more sexualised???")

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #33435 on: July 26, 2019, 06:13:52 AM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/wife-hits-husband-on-plane-with-laptop-video-shows.1494547/post-254951758
See what happens when we stop beating up women? Let this be a lesson.

cool message board
this is why i never stopped beating my wife
...at Mario Kart.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #33436 on: July 26, 2019, 06:36:47 AM »
If you don't agree with Sugar Noodles that a man proven to not have raped is simply a man who has raped but not caught or a soon to be raper . .

If you don't agree that the Hemispherical dispoid of the skull means The Africaniod Man is biologically more aggressive . .

You are the worst of all . . .

Starring Scarlett Johansson as a 7 foot tall black man.

sigh

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #33437 on: July 26, 2019, 06:53:09 AM »
This has been a fascinating thread. The number of people in here saying "you don't have to spend money in this game, I don't".

To those people: are you not aware that this person and his addiction is the only reason the game is "free"? He spends $15k so that you can pay $10.

I don't use the word "hero" very often but...

https://www.resetera.com/threads/after-over-3-years-and-more-than-15k-im-essentially-done-with-fire-emblem-heroes.131128/post-23080567

I have addiction problems too but I'm addicted to not spending money.

Weird way to put it...

https://www.resetera.com/threads/after-over-3-years-and-more-than-15k-im-essentially-done-with-fire-emblem-heroes.131128/post-23077602
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #33438 on: July 26, 2019, 07:02:03 AM »
I don't use the word "hero" very often but...

The correct phrase is: I don't use the word "an hero" very often but  :bolo

I don't use the word "an pedant" very often but...
ὕβρις

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #33439 on: July 26, 2019, 07:04:24 AM »
I only use "an finger" when I want another one up my butthole :bolo

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #33440 on: July 26, 2019, 07:09:20 AM »
I love how people are suggesting the OP get psychological help when that same psychological help is also used by developers to make their games as addicting to spend money on as possible.

:curious

And after reading his edit I'm more : :what

https://www.resetera.com/threads/after-over-3-years-and-more-than-15k-im-essentially-done-with-fire-emblem-heroes.131128/post-23069957
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #33441 on: July 26, 2019, 07:19:50 AM »
ὕβρις

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #33442 on: July 26, 2019, 07:22:44 AM »
Shugga being Shugga  :curious

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #33443 on: July 26, 2019, 07:25:38 AM »
Man, I'd love to applaud people being able to make a living doing and talking about things they care about on Youtube and finding enough of an audience to do so, but those grapes are so fucking sour

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #33444 on: July 26, 2019, 07:31:35 AM »
why not make a youtube on sour grapes?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #33445 on: July 26, 2019, 07:33:04 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tesla-posts-wider-than-expected-q2-loss-yahoo.130986/post-23044629

I know i'm late to this conversation, but can people use a different acronym than ICE?

ὕβρις

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #33446 on: July 26, 2019, 08:02:46 AM »
ignition warning
Uncle

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #33447 on: July 26, 2019, 08:35:16 AM »
what does that man even do for halo
after the master crapup collection, halo is down to b tier and is relegated to nostalgia

This is my thought as well.  Granted, I haven't played one since Halo 2, but I got the feeling that the series was pretty irrelevant now.  Maybe that's why Stinkles has the time to shit out his word salads on REEEEE 24/7.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #33448 on: July 26, 2019, 08:40:21 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/margaret-qualley-talks-about-her-feet-scenes-in-once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood.131062/post-23049894

this thread is so weird
 - actress says she doesn't much like her feet because as a professional dancer she feels her toes are messed up
 - a bunch of era usuals redefine this into quentin tarantino basically sexually assaulting her

:confused

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #33449 on: July 26, 2019, 08:43:00 AM »
Uma Thurman nearly died man. It's even worse than abuse at this point. The accident could have been prevented easily if Tarantino actually cared about Thurman safety, which he clearly didn't.

Also, tin foil hat, but that has probably nothing to do with the fact that his good friend Weinstein wanted to force his way into Thurman and she pushed him back, many times, before the accident happen. Because Weinstein and Tarantino are actually decent human beings that are far above those things, right (/s) ?

:drudge :derp :hans1 :gddr5 :gamergate :morans :drudge

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #33450 on: July 26, 2019, 08:52:15 AM »
Uma Thurman nearly died man. It's even worse than abuse at this point. The accident could have been prevented easily if Tarantino actually cared about Thurman safety, which he clearly didn't.

Also, tin foil hat, but that has probably nothing to do with the fact that his good friend Weinstein wanted to force his way into Thurman and she pushed him back, many times, before the accident happen. Because Weinstein and Tarantino are actually decent human beings that are far above those things, right (/s) ?

:drudge :derp :hans1 :gddr5 :gamergate :morans :drudge

Holy shit  :lol

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #33451 on: July 26, 2019, 08:54:32 AM »
Shugga is having one hell of a season :

https://www.resetera.com/threads/korean-youtuber-6-earns-enough-money-for-family-to-buy-5-storey-building-worth-8-million.131262/post-23079988

Dude is all over that first page.

Shugga said:

Brainwashed kids who spend 4+ hours a day on youtube

IHaveIce said:

How many hours a day do you spend on Era and other sites?

:heh

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #33452 on: July 26, 2019, 09:00:39 AM »
Holy shit  :lol

clumsily hitting on people, having a fetish, sexual predator, full on rapist, conspiracy to commit murder, why nit pick, its all the same thing :trumps

skullstorm

« Reply #33453 on: July 26, 2019, 09:10:10 AM »
They're all just jealous because no one would fetishize their nasty ass feet

Ghoul

« Reply #33454 on: July 26, 2019, 09:51:14 AM »
I mean not everyone can be stealing 18 year olds from 52 year olds right?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #33455 on: July 26, 2019, 10:05:29 AM »
You have no fucking idea how exploitative and predatory youtube is, so give me a break with your "lol u jelly" shit.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/korean-youtuber-6-earns-enough-money-for-family-to-buy-5-storey-building-worth-8-million.131262/post-23082279
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #33457 on: July 26, 2019, 10:10:26 AM »
should white people even sing along to songs with the n-word in the first place? skipping the word or replacing it strikes me as odd, like you can just remove it and ignore whatever context it appears in.

Don't whistle or hum it either, you're robbing it of all context !
:rage
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #33458 on: July 26, 2019, 10:13:06 AM »
Quote from: Crossing Eden who keeps finding way of being a moran
These songs aren't for white people.....

https://www.resetera.com/threads/people-who-sing-the-n-word-in-songs-while-not-black.131177/post-23083511

I avoid singing those bits, unless I'm alone.

:yikes

https://www.resetera.com/threads/people-who-sing-the-n-word-in-songs-while-not-black.131177/post-23079487
ὕβρις

SmokyDave

« Reply #33459 on: July 26, 2019, 10:25:59 AM »
Given that all white people are already racist, surely we can say whatever the fuck we want? What are you going to do, accuse us of being super-double-extra racist? Accuse us of being Polish?

That said, I don't sing along to certain words because they leave a bad taste in my mouth. That's my choice though, not a rule I'd force on others.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #33460 on: July 26, 2019, 10:27:01 AM »
If I see the word printed on page/screen. I quickly close the book/browser and set it down. Then I immediately begin to walk in a counterclockwise circle 100 times in an attempt to reverse time.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #33461 on: July 26, 2019, 10:28:51 AM »
I’m honestly surprised there’s basically 0 blowback against non-black rappers who use the n-word.

Lil Pump and 6ix9ine both use the n-word frequently and no one cares. Is the rule for everyone or just white people? Instead of getting mad at white people who say it alone in their car why not get mad at Latinos that say it to the whole world?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #33462 on: July 26, 2019, 10:31:58 AM »
i say it into a mirror 10 times every morning to keep my teeth white

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #33463 on: July 26, 2019, 10:38:36 AM »
The council is laying it on too thick

I watched this movie last night and when this scene came on, I closed my eyes. I refuse to disrespect someone's wishes like that.

There was a scene of Margot Robbie's feet too which caught me by surprise and made me physically ill knowing that Tarantino likely thought about threatening her career if she didn't allow it
https://www.resetera.com/threads/margaret-qualley-talks-about-her-feet-scenes-in-once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood.131062/post-23082866

EightBitNate

« Reply #33464 on: July 26, 2019, 10:39:41 AM »
The council is laying it on too thick

I watched this movie last night and when this scene came on, I closed my eyes. I refuse to disrespect someone's wishes like that.

There was a scene of Margot Robbie's feet too which caught me by surprise and made me physically ill knowing that Tarantino likely thought about threatening her career if she didn't allow it
https://www.resetera.com/threads/margaret-qualley-talks-about-her-feet-scenes-in-once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood.131062/post-23082866

:exxy

Ghoul

« Reply #33465 on: July 26, 2019, 10:41:22 AM »
I'm triple dog racist. I always use hard R's when I sing along to that fusion techno jazz

Ghoul

marrec

« Reply #33467 on: July 26, 2019, 11:25:18 AM »
Y'all really still crying about not being able to say the n-word?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #33468 on: July 26, 2019, 11:25:46 AM »
I say enzom in memoriam to the one person on the planet who desperately, achingly, needed to hear the word, but tragically never did before his untimely departure from this realm

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #33469 on: July 26, 2019, 11:29:13 AM »

Shut up you Nintex.
ὕβρις

EightBitNate

« Reply #33470 on: July 26, 2019, 11:33:40 AM »

Not all of us are as okay with saying it as you are.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #33472 on: July 26, 2019, 11:36:35 AM »
Is he using one of those asmr microphones?

SmokyDave

« Reply #33473 on: July 26, 2019, 11:41:14 AM »
That’s a devastatingly accurate and perceptive summary, indeed.

When will this nightmare end?!

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #33475 on: July 26, 2019, 11:50:52 AM »
what a low effort thread, just posting a video?  :wag
Uncle

marrec

« Reply #33476 on: July 26, 2019, 12:09:41 PM »

You know how to end it Smoky.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #33477 on: July 26, 2019, 12:10:59 PM »
I love how people are suggesting the OP get psychological help when that same psychological help is also used by developers to make their games as addicting to spend money on as possible.

:curious

And after reading his edit I'm more : :what

https://www.resetera.com/threads/after-over-3-years-and-more-than-15k-im-essentially-done-with-fire-emblem-heroes.131128/post-23069957

It's like the gun nuts say, the only way to stop a bad shrink with a postsecondary education is a good shrink with a postsecondary education.

SmokyDave

« Reply #33478 on: July 26, 2019, 12:58:09 PM »

You know how to end it Smoky.
It ends when I throw off the shackles of your oppression and use the word negligible as and when I want to. Your marginalisation of my ability to express marginal margins cannot be allowed to fester any longer.

I may have heatstroke. Or I’m an idiot. Maybe both.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #33479 on: July 26, 2019, 01:13:45 PM »
I just use the Japanese whisky brand Nikka as a substitution for the n-word.