Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3796862 times)

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #4500 on: March 21, 2019, 04:29:52 PM »
depositing nearly $2000 in cash on the last day of the month for "rent" is weird, but I seem to remember this dude from NeoGAF.com constantly doing weird stuff like this with money
look at this white privilege ::)
每天生气

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4501 on: March 21, 2019, 04:30:05 PM »
That's what it means, the guy suggesting recording is okay. The OP would possibly be committing a felony.

benjipwns

« Reply #4502 on: March 21, 2019, 04:31:51 PM »
A marginalized person wouldn't have any money to deposit, they are too busy spending all their money at McDonalds to acquire the special calories rather than running around with enough cash to buy a salad. :ufup

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #4503 on: March 21, 2019, 04:33:30 PM »
"sniggering"?

the era mods are the opposite of niggardly when it comes to handing out bans

niggardly is a shitty excuse to be edgy

sniggering is a perfectly cromulent word I will not surrender to the language nazis
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #4505 on: March 21, 2019, 04:41:36 PM »
Speaking of which, seeing a bunch of coons in these basketball games giving the white supremacist sign after hitting three pointers.

benjipwns

« Reply #4506 on: March 21, 2019, 04:47:27 PM »
https://resetera.com//threads/emilia-clarke-reveals-she-beat-back-two-life-threatening-aneurysms-in-2011-and-2013.106789/post-19081943
User Banned (5 Days): Inappropriate commentary in sensitive threads, previous warning for the same behavior
i think i had one of those during season 7.

Sensitive thread?  :doge
User Warned: Inappropriate commentary in sensitive threads.
Stop. You're not funny.
Counterpoint: it was funny.

benjipwns

« Reply #4507 on: March 21, 2019, 04:49:13 PM »
User Banned (1 Week): Stereotyping of a language

I wonder how the idea for this collaboration came about. Did one of the indie devs throw the idea out there on a whim not expecting it to go anywhere, and then Miyamoto turned out to be a fan of CotND and said "Hell yes" (only it would be in Japanese, so like, "Hellfu yesfu").
nice

benjipwns

« Reply #4508 on: March 21, 2019, 04:54:59 PM »
Rami is one of the smartest people in the industry. He’s more than right.
I won’t feel bad when Steam is gone.
:gaben

also, this dude got annihilated for arguing with a protected user:
Quote from: A.By
The exact opposite of competition is when a large entity manipulates the situation to the result of no one being able to compete with them. Valve is not small, Valve is not powerless. Companies paying for exclusivity is a very normal thing, and doing so requires that Valve create greater incentives for people to not migrate away from Steam.
So you're suggesting that Valve pay publishers and developers for exclusivity? Because that's the only reason pubs and devs are signing up for timed EGS exclusivity. It's not about revenue share, curation or discoverability. If those were the reasons, these wouldn't be timed exclusives. They'd be permanent. Timed exclusives only occur when Company A gives Company B a large sum of money to hurt Company A's competitors. This is not a practice anyone should be condoning. It doesn't help consumers, it only hurts them.
But the alternative is that consumers only reasonably have Valve to turn to. That isn't healthy for their base, especially when the lack of competition is likely one cause of why Valve feels so complacent as to have basically zero content curation.
Valve doesn't force any publisher or developer to use Steam. They never have. Publishers and developers chose to use Steam because that's what the majority of consumers want. Why? Because Steam is objectively the best distribution platform on PC. It has the most features (for both developers and customers), the best selection and the best sales.

All this talk about curation is incredibly short-sighted. There was a time when Steam was highly curated. Guess what happened? Small indie devs complained that it was too hard to get on Steam. So Valve added the Greenlight system which let users vote on what games should be on Steam. Guess what happened? Smaller indie devs still complained that it was too hard to get on Steam. So Steam said "screw it" and just let all developers on Steam. This doesn't affect 99% of customers, as the trash-tier games won't appear on any of their lists. However, gaming journalists seem to have a fetish for searching for offensive/garbage games on Steam and then writing angry articles about them. Jim Sterling made a living from it. The term "outrage culture" is a controversial one but is perfectly apt to describe how the gaming media treats Steam.

Epic's "curation" just means that small indie devs won't be able to sell their games on EGS. This isn't limited to trash-tier games either. It means that any game arbitrarily deemed unworthy won't make the cut. Games like Undertale or Pony Island, for example, would likely never appear on EGS simply because of their low-budget presentation.
User Banned (Duration Pending): Dismissing Concerns on Bigotry as "Outrage Culture" and Inflammatory False Equivalences Over a Series of Posts; History of Severe Infractions
It is not outrage culture to show just how frequently awful games get through. Valve couldn't even prevent a game called "Kill the taco" from being put on Greenlight.

Also, the fact that Valve curated too much is not a defense of the fact that they now curate too little.
The issue is that people are pretending that the lack of curation actually affects their Steam experience. It doesn't. You actively have to look for the crappy/offensive games and if you're doing that, you want to be offended. If you use Steam like an actual user, it will never show you said crappy/offensive games.
i just hope sabrina is okay

benjipwns

« Reply #4509 on: March 21, 2019, 04:57:17 PM »
whatever happened to the "Official Fun Thread |OT| All fun goes here" did they lock it?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #4510 on: March 21, 2019, 04:58:18 PM »
User Banned (1 Week): Stereotyping of a language

I wonder how the idea for this collaboration came about. Did one of the indie devs throw the idea out there on a whim not expecting it to go anywhere, and then Miyamoto turned out to be a fan of CotND and said "Hell yes" (only it would be in Japanese, so like, "Hellfu yesfu").
nice

All Mario games now banned for 1 week at resetera  :wag
Uncle

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #4511 on: March 21, 2019, 04:59:15 PM »
Sensitive Threads
A clothing store for the woke.

hurry and tweet this
:O

benjipwns

« Reply #4512 on: March 21, 2019, 05:09:35 PM »
no official fun since February 5th:
Man, Finale Fireworker's post yesterday hit home this morning.

Dad talked about how awful Nancie P was last night on the phone, heard Bill Spadea on 101.5 and hate listened, dealing with old friends blaming gov't workers for now having 2 paychecks worth of savings and "Democrats are Lunatics". Go on Era, see thread about 13, 14 year old girls being "aggressors" in sexual assault case, thread on tax return battle and I was exhausted before getting in the fucking door today at work. It's a mental load.

Of course, the Gaming side isn't any better lol.

Bananas

« Reply #4513 on: March 21, 2019, 05:14:29 PM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/palestinian-lives-don%E2%80%99t-matter-new-york-times.1473887/

The Jew York Times? I wonder who's behind this article? Checks author and background 'Jewish descent'.

Couldn't possibly be a completely biased and worthless piece.

benjipwns

« Reply #4514 on: March 21, 2019, 05:17:26 PM »
yikes, THEY banned that guy, NeoGAF.com turning into ResetERA.com, home of political prisoners Kirblar and Cheebo

james

« Reply #4515 on: March 21, 2019, 05:19:34 PM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/palestinian-lives-don%E2%80%99t-matter-new-york-times.1473887/

The Jew York Times? I wonder who's behind this article? Checks author and background 'Jewish descent'.

(Image removed from quote.)

Yikes

kingv

« Reply #4516 on: March 21, 2019, 05:19:45 PM »
BTW how many REEEEers have tummy problems?  Like anything besides tendies and water will make them deathly ill.

:ufup
Era only drinks 6 cans of pop a day minimum.

There's that quotient, but any time a beverage comes up (especially beer or soda) there's a whole slew of people who go "yuck, all I need to drink is delicious water".

I actually went to a BK recently and the person in front of me and behind me ordered coffee. Made no fucking sense.

I used to get breakfast at BK pretty regularly.  Their coffee is actually pretty good.  IIRC they use Seattle's Best.

Where’s the “all I need to drink is delicious cum” posters at?

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #4517 on: March 21, 2019, 05:23:19 PM »
Sensitive Threads
A clothing store for the woke.

*jots down unrelated clothing store name*

james

« Reply #4518 on: March 21, 2019, 05:23:22 PM »
BTW how many REEEEers have tummy problems?  Like anything besides tendies and water will make them deathly ill.

:ufup
Era only drinks 6 cans of pop a day minimum.

There's that quotient, but any time a beverage comes up (especially beer or soda) there's a whole slew of people who go "yuck, all I need to drink is delicious water".

I actually went to a BK recently and the person in front of me and behind me ordered coffee. Made no fucking sense.

I used to get breakfast at BK pretty regularly.  Their coffee is actually pretty good.  IIRC they use Seattle's Best.

Where’s the “all I need to drink is delicious cum” posters at?

Cream was banned

benjipwns

« Reply #4519 on: March 21, 2019, 05:24:46 PM »
a Bananas like would be pretty rare now that you mention it... :thinking

tummyfat

« Reply #4520 on: March 21, 2019, 05:59:40 PM »
Every Reeee thread about having kids in video form

https://twitter.com/hashtaggriswold/status/1108437000045162501

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #4521 on: March 21, 2019, 06:16:14 PM »
Eg. blaming the Internet itself for Anthem's launch issues, claiming it was nothing to do with EA or the developers. It was later revealed that EA programmers had designed their launcher to effectively DDoS their servers.

Notice how *autistic screeching* AI hasn't posted at all today to vERAfy this claim. :thinking

benjipwns

« Reply #4522 on: March 21, 2019, 06:17:46 PM »
how do i report inappropriate commentary through the use of likes on riotous' sensitive threads commentary?

Bananas

« Reply #4523 on: March 21, 2019, 06:21:50 PM »
yikes, THEY banned that guy, NeoGAF.com turning into ResetERA.com, home of political prisoners Kirblar and Cheebo
Don't worry, you can still post how school shootings didn't happen and the NZ shooting was a false-flag.  :yuck

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #4524 on: March 21, 2019, 06:23:15 PM »

Yikes
268 Likes but 0 Yikes? That pretty good.

Btw can we add a Yikes feedback next to the likes one, here on the bore?

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #4525 on: March 21, 2019, 06:37:29 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/chris-hayes-the-iraq-war-is-the-single-biggest-tragedy-of-my-political-lifetime.106849/#post-19089916

Quote from: Riotous post: 19089916, member: 5576
It was a terrible time to be informed on the internet;  I remember the approval ratings for the invasion were off the charts, in the 90% arena IIRC.  The evidence was blatant, well documented by international and domestic sources (not conspiracy sites), etc... yet most of the country was bloodthirsty.  I'd make threads on forums with tons of facts laid out and would get crickets;  people all over talking about "glassing the middle east" and whatnot.

Where I worked there were people watching bombs go off on web streams and laughing; it was like 40+ year old guys doing this.  I walked up to them (as the youngest employee at the company) and said "Wow, watching potentially thousands of people die, that's pretty messed up."   Everyone I worked with spent half their happy hours talking about how cool MOABs sounded, etc.   And this was in Seattle.

A few years later and everyone acted like they were against the war from the start;  really fueld my apathy for discussing politics, as I'd spent years exhausting a lot of energy trying to convicne people.. only to have them wait for the mainstream media to start questioning things then prerens like they always were at least skeptical.. but it was all surface level crap.. nobody actually cared enough to do anything about it, and we re-elected Bush.

This has to be peak era, no wonder nobody likes these fucks.  Being against the Iraq war at the time is fine and great but the jerking off over it is pathetic.

:ego :snob :popular

agrajag

« Reply #4526 on: March 21, 2019, 06:38:43 PM »
this is gonna be awkward

PogiJones

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #4528 on: March 21, 2019, 06:41:44 PM »
lol, wasn't jerking off over it.. was remarking how distrubing the time was

Knew that would get posted here but expected benjisales.

“It was a terrible time to be informed on the internet”

“Not jerking myself off”

:crowdlaff :girlaff :sabu :point

benjipwns

« Reply #4529 on: March 21, 2019, 06:41:49 PM »
the NZ shooting was a false-flag
the what?

oh, you mean The PewDiePie Massacre

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4530 on: March 21, 2019, 06:43:34 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/chris-hayes-the-iraq-war-is-the-single-biggest-tragedy-of-my-political-lifetime.106849/#post-19089916

Quote from: Riotous post: 19089916, member: 5576
It was a terrible time to be informed on the internet;  I remember the approval ratings for the invasion were off the charts, in the 90% arena IIRC.  The evidence was blatant, well documented by international and domestic sources (not conspiracy sites), etc... yet most of the country was bloodthirsty.  I'd make threads on forums with tons of facts laid out and would get crickets;  people all over talking about "glassing the middle east" and whatnot.

Where I worked there were people watching bombs go off on web streams and laughing; it was like 40+ year old guys doing this.  I walked up to them (as the youngest employee at the company) and said "Wow, watching potentially thousands of people die, that's pretty messed up."   Everyone I worked with spent half their happy hours talking about how cool MOABs sounded, etc.   And this was in Seattle.

A few years later and everyone acted like they were against the war from the start;  really fueld my apathy for discussing politics, as I'd spent years exhausting a lot of energy trying to convicne people.. only to have them wait for the mainstream media to start questioning things then prerens like they always were at least skeptical.. but it was all surface level crap.. nobody actually cared enough to do anything about it, and we re-elected Bush.

This has to be peak era, no wonder nobody likes these fucks.  Being against the Iraq war at the time is fine and great but the jerking off over it is pathetic.

:ego :snob :popular

holy shit what a terrible attitude. Talk about gettign everything wrong and being a scumbag.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I didn't read one word of that carepost
[close]

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #4531 on: March 21, 2019, 06:46:27 PM »
I always knew Riotous was jerking himself off whilst posting here. I knew it.

agrajag

« Reply #4532 on: March 21, 2019, 06:48:28 PM »
I thought we were all doing that.

*slowly zips pants*

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #4533 on: March 21, 2019, 06:49:06 PM »
Everyone agrees, if we have to see a member of Era jacking it we want it to be Pogi.

benjipwns

« Reply #4534 on: March 21, 2019, 06:50:56 PM »
I thought we were all doing that.

*slowly zips pants*
lmao wearing pants while on The Bire, newb

PogiJones

« Reply #4535 on: March 21, 2019, 06:55:00 PM »
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 12:12:42 AM by PogiJones »

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #4536 on: March 21, 2019, 06:56:28 PM »
Why would you need to jerk off when you could just write a carepost to cum?

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4537 on: March 21, 2019, 06:57:00 PM »
Why do people think the VP just sits around all day long?

"abrams would be wasted in a VP slot"

get a fucking grip.

---

I wonder if this triggers Sanders and Beto getting their own minority VPs before the first debate

I can't tell if this is a good joke or a bad post.

benjipwns

« Reply #4538 on: March 21, 2019, 07:00:21 PM »
what am i watching

this is amazing

that's true
[close]

Leadbelly

« Reply #4539 on: March 21, 2019, 07:00:23 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-review-thread.106705/

Freaking gaudy  :yuck

90-94 (As good as Bloodborne and Dark Souls 2)
85-90 (As good as Dark Souls, Dark Souls 3 and Demon's Souls)

I'm guessing this is based on metacritic scores, but many people consider Dark Souls 2 to be the worst in the series. So in that sense it kind of doesn't work.

Boredfrom

« Reply #4540 on: March 21, 2019, 07:09:48 PM »

Leadbelly

« Reply #4541 on: March 21, 2019, 07:14:26 PM »
what am i watching

this is amazing

that's true
[close]

Putting the weird hand gestures and monotone voices to one side, reducing the population by simply not having children doesn't seem like the brightest idea to me. All you will end up with is an aging population without any young people to do the work. More importantly, you need young women to produce offspring. That's a problem unless you want the total extinction of the human race rather than simply a smaller population.

agrajag

« Reply #4542 on: March 21, 2019, 07:16:52 PM »
Autodidact has a Klobuchar avatar :yuck

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #4543 on: March 21, 2019, 07:19:40 PM »
She said "the world has 7 billion humans and it's looking like the ideal amount is 1 billion"

And I'm picturing daily life with 6/7ths fewer people everywhere

Looks like a North Korean metropolis in my head

Also who the fuck is gonna make my chipotle chicken griller

6/7ths fewer people means 6/7ths fewer businesses and probably a lot of niche services that would no longer be sustainable

I dunno it's weird to think about
Uncle

tummyfat

« Reply #4544 on: March 21, 2019, 07:20:28 PM »
That’s true!

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4545 on: March 21, 2019, 07:22:01 PM »
Quote from: Quote from: Riotous post: 19089916, member: 5576
It was a terrible time to be informed on the internet

I also watched Loose Change

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4546 on: March 21, 2019, 07:23:49 PM »
so much for being informed on the internet ::)

benjipwns

« Reply #4547 on: March 21, 2019, 07:23:52 PM »
i literally forgot she was running for president

benjipwns

« Reply #4548 on: March 21, 2019, 07:24:58 PM »
Putting the weird hand gestures and monotone voices to one side, reducing the population by simply not having children doesn't seem like the brightest idea to me. All you will end up with is an aging population without any young people to do the work. More importantly, you need young women to produce offspring. That's a problem unless you want the total extinction of the human race rather than simply a smaller population.
She said "the world has 7 billion humans and it's looking like the ideal amount is 1 billion"

6/7ths fewer people means 6/7ths fewer businesses and probably a lot of niche services that would no longer be sustainable

i can tell the normie losers who didn't watch until the good part about Western medicine

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4549 on: March 21, 2019, 07:25:18 PM »
Isn't Loose Change riotiou's mothers walker name?

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #4550 on: March 21, 2019, 07:27:52 PM »

Amy KKKlobberintime  :punch
Margs

benjipwns

« Reply #4551 on: March 21, 2019, 07:29:02 PM »
how dare you, her dad was a mean drunk

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #4552 on: March 21, 2019, 07:30:53 PM »
how dare you, her dad was a mean drunk

Guess she got her phone throwin techniques from him :teehee
Margs

Leadbelly

« Reply #4553 on: March 21, 2019, 07:30:57 PM »

i can tell the normie losers who didn't watch until the good part about Western medicine

That's another thing: you would have an aging population and will lack Western medicine in order to care for that aging population. lol

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #4554 on: March 21, 2019, 07:31:34 PM »

I watched the whole thing  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Uncle

tummyfat

« Reply #4555 on: March 21, 2019, 07:37:52 PM »
That’s true

I found their YouTube channel and can’t stop watching these
[close]

Leadbelly

« Reply #4556 on: March 21, 2019, 07:38:12 PM »
Another thing I am wondering actually... Is the woman in the blue top the daughter of the woman in the white top? Kind of looks like she is.

benjipwns

« Reply #4557 on: March 21, 2019, 07:55:45 PM »
at least Bobby still has besada at his side to comfort him in these dark days and fight to protect his good name

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4558 on: March 21, 2019, 07:57:55 PM »
at least Bobby still has besada at his side to comfort him in these dark days and fight to protect his good name

can we not? :wag

benjipwns

« Reply #4559 on: March 21, 2019, 07:58:28 PM »
The Hate Machine never sleeps