Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3796733 times)

nachobro

• Live Más
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #4560 on: March 21, 2019, 08:00:18 PM »
Having opinions about Star Wars while black :snoop

Leadbelly

« Reply #4561 on: March 21, 2019, 08:00:33 PM »
A POC being falsley acused of crimes really should make Bobby a martyr on Resetera yet here we are.

A transracial POC at that. Surely that gives him extra points... No?

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4562 on: March 21, 2019, 08:02:01 PM »

Leadbelly

« Reply #4563 on: March 21, 2019, 08:06:30 PM »

BisMarckie

« Reply #4564 on: March 21, 2019, 08:15:49 PM »
at least Bobby still has besada at his side to comfort him in these dark days and fight to protect his good name

The FBI will be at the door of the corrupt mods for allowing the Bire‘s harassment campaign. :punch

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #4565 on: March 21, 2019, 08:20:09 PM »
RIP Bobby Digital.

BisMarckie

« Reply #4566 on: March 21, 2019, 08:21:52 PM »
Can‘t wait for Benji to go to prison for what he did to Bobby.

benjipwns

« Reply #4567 on: March 21, 2019, 08:26:11 PM »
I only wanted to promote him so he could get his side of the story out there.

benjipwns

« Reply #4568 on: March 21, 2019, 08:27:54 PM »
I only do what I do out of love. This all hurts me more than it hurts you.

benjipwns

« Reply #4569 on: March 21, 2019, 08:29:48 PM »
Now rewrite what I told you to rewrite. *hefts a rotary phone as if checking its weight*

BisMarckie

« Reply #4570 on: March 21, 2019, 08:31:46 PM »
All of this could have been prevented if the Obliterator didn‘t steal benji‘s name...

How did besada know that you tried to register at resetera incognito? One of the corrupt mods here must have talked. I bet it was Joe.

BisMarckie

« Reply #4571 on: March 21, 2019, 08:33:34 PM »
Now rewrite what I told you to rewrite. *hefts a rotary phone as if checking its weight*

Hey man, I am.just saying that you‘re the victim here. Joe ratted you out.   :maf

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #4572 on: March 21, 2019, 08:36:25 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/can-you-name-a-single-character-from-the-movie-avatar.106856/post-19092769

Quote from: El Bombastico, post: 19092769, member: 2235
Very long story short:

Got permabanned for being an asshole.

Was accused of sexually harassing at least 2 or 3 different women

Nuked all his social media accounts/sites

The game of telephone being played over the BRob saga is pretty amazing.  Wasn't it one serious accusation, relayed second hand and then later on the chick who claimed her friend was raped by him recanted?

This is such a RE response:
Bobby was always kind of an asshole but I never took him for a sexual predator. Yikes.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/can-you-name-a-single-character-from-the-movie-avatar.106856/post-19092975

agrajag

« Reply #4573 on: March 21, 2019, 08:44:21 PM »
Benji post your dossier's on Bobby, Besada and the Masked Obliterator

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4574 on: March 21, 2019, 08:54:45 PM »
Cameron gave nerds a scifi with an alien moon where 9ft tall cat people can psionically link to dragons, before flying them through floating mountains to fight gunships and mechs. The nerds - along with the rest of mainstream audiences, all went to see it multiple times.

Then it became the highest grossing film of all time and a symbol of mainstream culture, and nerds no longer wanted to be associated with it. Titanic, having been dethroned, then was welcomed with newfound appreciation after 12 years of being shat on by nerds for the same reason.

Internet dudes don't want to be lumped in with mainstream audiences.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/can-you-name-a-single-character-from-the-movie-avatar.106856/post-19093930

what a take :lol good to know sculli is still going full retardo

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4575 on: March 21, 2019, 08:56:00 PM »
Movie came out long ago and no sequels yet. Can anyone remember the names from Mad Max: Fury Road?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/can-you-name-a-single-character-from-the-movie-avatar.106856/post-19094123

i don't even like this stupid movie and i can remember max, furiosa, and immortan joe. what a dunce.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4576 on: March 21, 2019, 09:01:20 PM »
i also remember the Pursuit Special from the good movies. do i get a prize for that? :doge

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #4577 on: March 21, 2019, 09:08:53 PM »

:mouf :mouf :mouf
Oi Oi

benjipwns

« Reply #4578 on: March 21, 2019, 09:12:33 PM »
Meeko was the name of the raccoon, you could play as him in the Genesis game

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4579 on: March 21, 2019, 09:16:28 PM »
Meeko was the name of the raccoon, you could play as him in the Genesis game

We named the dog Indiana.
©@©™

ResetBanBot

« Reply #4580 on: March 21, 2019, 09:17:53 PM »
Anyone heard anything about Enzom21? Is he persona non grata now? Is everyone just going to pretend they didn't have a cac running around ranting about nוggers and accusing PoC users of being coons and fake-black?

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #4581 on: March 21, 2019, 09:20:26 PM »
yes that's the plan
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #4582 on: March 21, 2019, 09:21:58 PM »

Clockwork5

« Reply #4583 on: March 21, 2019, 09:22:43 PM »
Stadia has already proven its worth in all of the extreme hot takes and defensive man-children showing their asses. Here is my hot take, by the end of next gen streaming will have the majority of the video game market share, just like every other entertainment media.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #4584 on: March 21, 2019, 09:24:59 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-review-thread.106705/
(Image removed from quote.)

Freaking gaudy  :yuck
Just remember! all games are only as good as the big green number on metacritic. That's all the matters you fucking plebians

benjipwns

« Reply #4585 on: March 21, 2019, 09:25:44 PM »
interesting, Enzom21 hasn't posted since Kirblar was banned :thinking

Leadbelly

« Reply #4586 on: March 21, 2019, 09:26:11 PM »
Movie came out long ago and no sequels yet. Can anyone remember the names from Mad Max: Fury Road?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/can-you-name-a-single-character-from-the-movie-avatar.106856/post-19094123

i don't even like this stupid movie and i can remember max, furiosa, and immortan joe. what a dunce.

I played the Mad Max game because it was 'free' on PS plus. Apart from finding it boring and repetitive, there are storms in the game, that happen more often than you would ever want them to, that will kill you if you stand out in them and last for fucking ages. About 5 minutes or so. You literally have to stand in shelter waiting for the storm to pass. Like you have nothing better to do than just stand there.

Clockwork5

« Reply #4587 on: March 21, 2019, 09:29:21 PM »
Stadia has already proven its worth in all of the extreme hot takes and defensive man-children showing their asses. Here is my hot take, by the end of next gen streaming will have the majority of the video game market share, just like every other entertainment media.

You know it was like 7-8 years after Napster and the explosion of MP3 before streaming/mp3 sales revenue surpassed physical CD sales? 

Like people had been proclaiming the CD dead for years when it was still well above 50% of the market.  I know that's not a DIRECT comparison, because we already have digital games... but things don't change nearly as fast as people think they do.
CDs are dead now. The infrastructure exists now, it didn’t then. Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, ITunes, have decimated the physical media market for movies within a few years. It doesn’t have to move fast because it’s been moving for a decade. It’s only a matter of marketing and pricing at this point

benjipwns

« Reply #4588 on: March 21, 2019, 09:31:17 PM »
a majority of the video game market isn't even inherently on consoles and thus not part of the "generation" cycle and I'm not sure it would gain anything for anyone from being streamed to devices over the current model

Clockwork5

« Reply #4589 on: March 21, 2019, 09:33:34 PM »
a majority of the video game market isn't even inherently on consoles and thus not part of the "generation" cycle and I'm not sure it would gain anything for anyone from being streamed to devices over the current model

You’re right they are played on android phones and google is going all in. So...

Edit: Admittedly this is a bad take, Google isn’t going to abandon the Google play cash cow.

Clockwork5

« Reply #4590 on: March 21, 2019, 09:37:27 PM »

You’re right they are played on android phones and google is going all in. So...

lol, people are totally going to be streaming Doom to their phones instead of playing Candy Crush suddenly.

You would make an asinine argument. No, they will be streaming Candy Crush Saga at some point.

benjipwns

« Reply #4591 on: March 21, 2019, 09:40:22 PM »
Even discussing capital G gaming, we also need to know the development costs of switching to a streaming model for the major companies. For example, what will it cost Activision to stream Call of Duty to players versus having players provide key components of the hosting as they currently do?

Leadbelly

« Reply #4592 on: March 21, 2019, 09:43:01 PM »
In terms of haardcore gamers, I still think most would prefer real-time graphics over video. A compressed 4k video image will never be as good as a real-time 4k image. And you will still have issues like lag. No matter how much it improves it will never be as responsive as direct input. Also issues with connection drops. Sudden break ups of the stream.

benjipwns

« Reply #4593 on: March 21, 2019, 09:43:59 PM »
Microsoft had every incentive to make the "cloud" work this generation as they were hinting. And they haven't really. It's still mostly extrapolated from where we've been with it. Cloud saves. Background downloading content. So many games that are "ready" early in the install still cut off 80+% of the content and they certainly don't let you go online with them.

Clockwork5

« Reply #4594 on: March 21, 2019, 09:44:59 PM »
You would make an asinine argument. No, they will be streaming Candy Crush Saga at some point.

Are you being serious here?

So for some reason.. even though Candy Crush runs perfectly on every cell phone on the market.. with no reason to think it ever won't or would really benefit from more powerful hardware (other than what is always going to be in phones simply to power their UIs/decode video/do non gaming tasks)...

You know what, never mind.. another one for the pile of people who just think "straming is the future" and have no fucking clue why they think that.
Because every media has proven that it is. It’s only a matter of time. I just happen to be of the persuasion that it’s within the next decade. I also would be surprised if stadia isn’t a steady success. I honestly cannot understand why people look at every other form of digital media and see that streaming has completely changed everything, completely shifted the market in a way that it will never return to the way it was and think video games are somehow impervious to this shift.

benjipwns

« Reply #4595 on: March 21, 2019, 09:46:57 PM »
Candy Crush certainly will stream "content" but it probably already does this in a way that it wouldn't change noticeably. It's inherently small enough that it can fetch later levels and delete unnecessary content to minimize its footprint on your device without hitting any kind of data cap. You're not going to be able to do this with games that already break the 50GB barrier any time soon. You probably can't even get away with this for the biggest game in the world, Fortnite.

Clockwork5

« Reply #4596 on: March 21, 2019, 09:50:00 PM »
Even discussing capital G gaming, we also need to know the development costs of switching to a streaming model for the major companies. For example, what will it cost Activision to stream Call of Duty to players versus having players provide key components of the hosting as they currently do?

It doesn’t really matter. Do you think Disney makes as much money from someone streaming Black Panther as they would if someone bought the DVD or BR off Amazon? No. But they still put that movie on Netflix pretty damn quick because that is where people watch movies.

benjipwns

« Reply #4597 on: March 21, 2019, 09:50:10 PM »
Fortnite, just the BR, on PC is 44GB. You're not streaming this in the foreseeable future. Let alone while players are playing. And those players are also streaming upwards.

Clockwork5

« Reply #4598 on: March 21, 2019, 09:54:17 PM »
Fortnite, just the BR, on PC is 44GB. You're not streaming this in the foreseeable future. Let alone while players are playing. And those players are also streaming upwards.

You’re not streaming the game files.. Is that what you’re saying? I’m kinda confused by this statement.

Anyway, I don’t mean to derail the thread. I was just laughing at them and clearly there is a bit of sympathy here so w/e.

benjipwns

« Reply #4599 on: March 21, 2019, 09:55:20 PM »
It doesn’t really matter. Do you think Disney makes as much money from someone streaming Black Panther as they would if someone bought the DVD or BR off Amazon? No. But they still put that movie on Netflix pretty damn quick because that is where people watch movies.
Disney doesn't continue paying the costs of distributing the film after it's finished. Netflix, Amazon, whoever are paying the costs of serving that to subscribers. Disney and the other media conglomerates can easily afford a large chunk of these costs because it's relatively small AND consistent which is why they're hopping into it.

Even Google can't afford this with Games, let alone any of the major Gaming corporations such as Activision, EA, etc.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #4600 on: March 21, 2019, 09:56:16 PM »
Every other form of media streaming can be buffered, video game streams cannot be buffered. 60fps requires a 16.6ms round trip time, this is not realistic even under the most ideal circumstances. Any dropped packets will be immediately noticeable (lol wifi) and cannot be compensated for with buffering. Compression will be required, which is the norm in other forms of offline media, but not the norm for video games and compression artifacts could potentially ruin the UIs of certain video games.

If your game does not require visual details, or responsive controls then it'll work fine (ie. walking simulators). But what do I know, it's not like anyone has ever tried this exact same thing before, and we all know how much faster ISPs have gotten over the past several years.

benjipwns

« Reply #4601 on: March 21, 2019, 09:59:28 PM »
WTF are you talking about benji?

That's an entirely different streaming concept... are you high?  lol
You don't think that's the way they're going to do it with A level games? Not the stream you video and interact with it OnLive path, they know that won't work. Plus they're probably going to find they want local files knowledge. It'll be easier to "stream" you chunks of the game onto local storage then delete it.

The current consoles already can do this they just don't delete without your permission because you expect the whole game once you get it. But I'm not sure why you need to reinvent the wheel if players don't expect that.

If they can get enough players to also host the content to others that's gravy.

Clockwork5

« Reply #4602 on: March 21, 2019, 10:02:40 PM »
Because every media has proven that it is. It’s only a matter of time.

Movies and CDs can be buffered;  your experience is not ruined by brief latency spikes, or even having terrible latency at your connection at all, other than the time to start the video or audio stream up. 

Video games are an entirely different beast and your experience can be completely hosed by even a breif latency spike.. and having even moderate latency can make the entire experience unusable to people...And latency is not a completely solvable issue.  It literally is controlled by physics.  It can get better but it will NEVER be as good as playing locally from a control perspective.  And... controlling a video game.. kinda important.

Admittedly I have not been thrilled with PlayStation now in terms of input lag. However, Project Stream was butter. I do have a 1gig ISP so yeah, I’m ahead of the curve, but I honestly could not detect any more latency than I could on my old 2003 LCD display that I had until a couple years ago.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4603 on: March 21, 2019, 10:03:27 PM »
I wonder if riotious knows about Google play games that don't need to be installed.

benjipwns

« Reply #4604 on: March 21, 2019, 10:04:27 PM »
What does Stadia have to do with any of this?

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4605 on: March 21, 2019, 10:04:41 PM »
Oh God I'm in this conversation again.

:rage

Clockwork5

« Reply #4606 on: March 21, 2019, 10:06:14 PM »
My bad. I’ll drop it.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #4607 on: March 21, 2019, 10:06:17 PM »
Stadia? Sounds like a sugar substitute.
每天生气

Clockwork5

« Reply #4608 on: March 21, 2019, 10:07:13 PM »
What a dumb name

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4609 on: March 21, 2019, 10:07:48 PM »
Microsoft had every incentive to make the "cloud" work this generation as they were hinting. And they haven't really. It's still mostly extrapolated from where we've been with it. Cloud saves. Background downloading content. So many games that are "ready" early in the install still cut off 80+% of the content and they certainly don't let you go online with them.

Are you sure? I heard Crackdown 3 used the cloud for 10000x more power than a single console alone, and it changed the way I played video games forever.
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #4610 on: March 21, 2019, 10:10:37 PM »
What does Stadia have to do with any of this?

OK so trolling.

Nice to see you so quickly adopt ResetERA.com methods of discussion.

So you think Google is going to be the lone company streaming games and not the current companies who have spent decades invested in video gaming? There's a better chance Google drops this the instance it starts blatantly cutting into their other businesses via costs than there is that Stadia establishes a significant market share of gaming streaming services.

Clockwork5

« Reply #4611 on: March 21, 2019, 10:15:59 PM »
I like how you are both on the same side of the argument yet are somehow fighting about nonsense at this point.

Leadbelly

« Reply #4612 on: March 21, 2019, 10:16:25 PM »
Because every media has proven that it is. It’s only a matter of time.

Movies and CDs can be buffered;  your experience is not ruined by brief latency spikes, or even having terrible latency at your connection at all, other than the time to start the video or audio stream up. 

Video games are an entirely different beast and your experience can be completely hosed by even a breif latency spike.. and having even moderate latency can make the entire experience unusable to people...And latency is not a completely solvable issue.  It literally is controlled by physics.  It can get better but it will NEVER be as good as playing locally from a control perspective.  And... controlling a video game.. kinda important.

Admittedly I have not been thrilled with PlayStation now in terms of input lag. However, Project Stream was butter. I do have a 1gig ISP so yeah, I’m ahead of the curve, but I honestly could not detect any more latency than I could on my old 2003 LCD display that I had until a couple years ago.

Did you play any fighting games on Project Stream? You would probably notice a difference there when trying to pull off complicated moves.

benjipwns

« Reply #4613 on: March 21, 2019, 10:18:43 PM »
Clockwork never said "Stadia" he said streaming. I have no reason to believe OnLive/Stadia streaming will ever go anywhere in capital G gaming. It doesn't even make sense for casual g gaming. Why expend the costs involved in streaming when players will always host the content themselves? And the entire development model assumes this? Films and especially music aren't in an arms race for resources, especially space.

Sony and Microsoft are "playing" with select parts of their catalog, they aren't going to dive in and foot the bill. It'd be insane.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4614 on: March 21, 2019, 10:20:19 PM »
Did you play any fighting games on Project Stream? You would probably notice a difference there when trying to pull off complicated moves.
fighting games just won't exist in the all streaming future. problem solved.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4615 on: March 21, 2019, 10:22:00 PM »
the very next sentence he goes on to talk about streaming in general. you aren't very good at the gotchas.

benjipwns

« Reply #4616 on: March 21, 2019, 10:26:54 PM »
Ironically, if Microsoft pushes out that S without a disc drive and with Nintendo level storage space, I might believe they're serious about streaming solely interactive video to players.

Leadbelly

« Reply #4617 on: March 21, 2019, 10:27:01 PM »
fighting games just won't exist in the all streaming future. problem solved.

lol

I mean, if you're someone who just mashes the buttons I suppose there would be some fun to be had there. However, some moves are difficult to pull off at the best of times, and the key bit of that is, may require timing.

Bore Expert

« Reply #4618 on: March 21, 2019, 10:27:48 PM »
at least Bobby still has besada at his side to comfort him in these dark days and fight to protect his good name

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4619 on: March 21, 2019, 10:28:44 PM »
streaming will have a future in games anyway. it won't be dominant for decades but it'll be there as another way to play games. if nothing else, the temptation to be able to charge people a monthly subscription to own a license to a game will be too tempting for the corps to give up so they'll push for it pretty hard.

Ironically, if Microsoft pushes out that S without a disc drive and with Nintendo level storage space, I might believe they're serious about streaming solely interactive video to players.
isn't the plan for one of their Xbox Two consoles to be an all streaming device? i remember seeing that at some point in the rumor mill.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 10:32:47 PM by nachobro »