Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3751283 times)

Clockwork5

Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #4620 on: March 21, 2019, 10:30:07 PM »
Because every media has proven that it is. It’s only a matter of time.

Movies and CDs can be buffered;  your experience is not ruined by brief latency spikes, or even having terrible latency at your connection at all, other than the time to start the video or audio stream up. 

Video games are an entirely different beast and your experience can be completely hosed by even a breif latency spike.. and having even moderate latency can make the entire experience unusable to people...And latency is not a completely solvable issue.  It literally is controlled by physics.  It can get better but it will NEVER be as good as playing locally from a control perspective.  And... controlling a video game.. kinda important.

Admittedly I have not been thrilled with PlayStation now in terms of input lag. However, Project Stream was butter. I do have a 1gig ISP so yeah, I’m ahead of the curve, but I honestly could not detect any more latency than I could on my old 2003 LCD display that I had until a couple years ago.

Did you play any fighting games on Project Stream? You would probably notice a difference there when trying to pull off complicated moves.

No I did not, Assassins Creed was the only game and yeah, on PlayStation now it was “alright” checking out something like Red Dead Redemption but driving games were unplayable. I get it, there are barriers to the latency issue. But I’m not arrogant enough to think I understand this better than the engineers at Alphabet Inc who gave the green light on this. Also, ID software sounded pretty confident playing Doom on stadia is going to be an enjoyable experience. That was surprisingly effective in my eyes. ID is a bit protective of that IP since it is on such a high note right now.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4621 on: March 21, 2019, 10:31:57 PM »
stadia is some linux shit and id will take any opportunity to pimp vulkan :doge

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4622 on: March 21, 2019, 10:35:20 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/can-you-name-a-single-character-from-the-movie-avatar.106856/post-19092769

Quote from: El Bombastico, post: 19092769, member: 2235
Very long story short:

Got permabanned for being an asshole.

Was accused of sexually harassing at least 2 or 3 different women

Nuked all his social media accounts/sites

The game of telephone being played over the BRob saga is pretty amazing.  Wasn't it one serious accusation, relayed second hand and then later on the chick who claimed her friend was raped by him recanted?

There's a blog post trying to sum it up but I found it more confusing than anything.

https://disneystarwarsisdumb.wordpress.com/2019/02/20/did-jason-ward-lie/

Star Wars fandom : not even once :hhh
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 10:45:05 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Clockwork5

« Reply #4623 on: March 21, 2019, 10:35:33 PM »
stadia is some linux shit and id will take any opportunity to pimp vulkan :doge

Lol fair enough

Jansen

« Reply #4624 on: March 21, 2019, 10:36:27 PM »
Cameron gave nerds a scifi with an alien moon where 9ft tall cat people can psionically link to dragons, before flying them through floating mountains to fight gunships and mechs. The nerds - along with the rest of mainstream audiences, all went to see it multiple times.

Then it became the highest grossing film of all time and a symbol of mainstream culture, and nerds no longer wanted to be associated with it. Titanic, having been dethroned, then was welcomed with newfound appreciation after 12 years of being shat on by nerds for the same reason.

Internet dudes don't want to be lumped in with mainstream audiences.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/can-you-name-a-single-character-from-the-movie-avatar.106856/post-19093930

what a take :lol good to know sculli is still going full retardo

Eh he's an asshole about it but he is right.

I remember getting my VHS copy of titanic at midnight. NO SHAME

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4625 on: March 21, 2019, 10:36:46 PM »
I don't think Microsoft nor Sony is going to crater third party support without consulting the third parties. There's too many costs involved for the gaming companies. Google, like Epic, isn't going to be swallowing the costs to get stuff on Stadia forever. I can't imagine Microsoft and Sony will even be willing to do it for half as long, none of the third parties are in position to truly afford it they rely on so many outside hardware costs being just handled.

The current development model is entrenched to such a level that the next step has to resemble it, not completely shift to turning into video streaming services and content providers built to supply them. The existing streaming services are piggybacking on other industries and their entrenched models. And even then they haven't at all upset the apple cart on the development side like it seems.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4626 on: March 21, 2019, 10:38:30 PM »
for now streaming a game at 4K/60 is just a pipe dream for basically everyone but it's probably a lot easier to stream 720p/30 to people and that's good enough for a large segment of the population and will be a good start.

agrajag

« Reply #4627 on: March 21, 2019, 10:39:18 PM »
scullibundo can suck a fat, blue alien dick

benjipwns

« Reply #4628 on: March 21, 2019, 10:40:48 PM »
But then you have the other company, let's say Sony, going look at our fucking version of these games. Simply because they didn't shift out the guaranteed hardware platform. And all the developers looking at that too.

Just like they did over five years ago by handing a game to another dude. :doge

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4629 on: March 21, 2019, 10:42:06 PM »
the kids are out here watching nazi youtubers on cracked screen android tablets and playing fortnite on their phones while smoking spice and downing kratom. you think these people give a fuck about a little input lag?

benjipwns

« Reply #4630 on: March 21, 2019, 10:43:23 PM »
Not lag, visible content differences. Entire chunks of the game not existing on the all-streaming platform.

benjipwns

« Reply #4631 on: March 21, 2019, 10:44:36 PM »
But why would you talk about "Stadia style" streaming when it's so obvious it won't take? Might as well talk about the moon rock threat.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4632 on: March 21, 2019, 10:45:39 PM »
But then you have the other company, let's say Sony, going look at our fucking version of these games. Simply because they didn't shift out the guaranteed hardware platform. And all the developers looking at that too.

MS' possible solution seems the best way to go if they do one streaming box and one big dick local hardware box

Jansen

« Reply #4633 on: March 21, 2019, 10:47:34 PM »
scullibundo can suck a fat, blue alien dick

I hope n'avi cock works like their hair

benjipwns

« Reply #4634 on: March 21, 2019, 10:48:16 PM »
You are a fucking prick dude.  Very ResetEra if you to just ignore me pointing out you’ve been off base this entire conversation.
Fine, you've convinced me. Stadia style streaming is the future and definitely will be how the majority of gaming is done in 2022.

Jansen

« Reply #4635 on: March 21, 2019, 10:49:36 PM »
Can a mod please separate and archive these last few pages so we can revisit the convo when stadia inevitably fails

tuna_love

« Reply #4636 on: March 21, 2019, 10:51:20 PM »
 :lol

Jansen

« Reply #4637 on: March 21, 2019, 10:51:29 PM »
Please leper riotass

agrajag

« Reply #4638 on: March 21, 2019, 10:51:55 PM »

MS' possible solution seems the best way to go if they do one streaming box and one big dick local hardware box

big dick hardware energy

:lawd

Jansen

« Reply #4639 on: March 21, 2019, 10:52:09 PM »
You are a dumb cunt riotous.

benjipwns

« Reply #4640 on: March 21, 2019, 10:53:18 PM »
Reread the convo you fucking loser dickhead.  I like how you’ll devote an entire day to spamming posts from a Resetera thread here but can’t bother to read a convo in which you decided to insult me.
:rofl

agrajag

« Reply #4641 on: March 21, 2019, 10:53:32 PM »
Stadia is srs business brehs

Jansen

« Reply #4642 on: March 21, 2019, 10:55:45 PM »
YOU'VE INSULTED HIM. FORGIVENESS IS OFF THE TABLE

benjipwns

« Reply #4643 on: March 21, 2019, 10:56:53 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #4644 on: March 21, 2019, 10:58:07 PM »
Hint:  I literally think game streaming is going to fail miserably by the end of next gen.
Well, I disagree.

when.. we were talking about ... Stadia.
Well, I disagree.

Jansen

« Reply #4645 on: March 21, 2019, 10:58:20 PM »

agrajag

« Reply #4646 on: March 21, 2019, 11:00:01 PM »
mods delete the last couple of pages and ban Stadia-related discussion from The Bire. As a matter of fact, word filter Stadia.

#free.creme

benjipwns

« Reply #4647 on: March 21, 2019, 11:00:09 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #4648 on: March 21, 2019, 11:01:13 PM »
EPIC GAMES IS THE FUTURE, NOT STADIA:

tho when you click "skip sign in" they won't let you access your games, just drop you out to the log in page

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4649 on: March 21, 2019, 11:02:29 PM »
bloodlines 2 is going to be announced tonight as a joint epic/stadia exclusive and you nerds are just gonna sit there and insult each other :wag have some goddamn respect

benjipwns

« Reply #4650 on: March 21, 2019, 11:03:48 PM »
discussing actual video games :donot

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4651 on: March 21, 2019, 11:04:56 PM »
if we're lucky it'll actually be an epic exclusive and that will give everyone some excellent meltdowns

benjipwns

« Reply #4652 on: March 21, 2019, 11:05:21 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #4653 on: March 21, 2019, 11:05:49 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #4654 on: March 21, 2019, 11:06:20 PM »

agrajag

« Reply #4655 on: March 21, 2019, 11:10:27 PM »
BENJI IS A CONVICTED RAPIST

wow, that's a hefty accusation to level against the SalesEra expert.

benjipwns

« Reply #4656 on: March 21, 2019, 11:12:09 PM »
i didn't want to have to explain the mask

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #4657 on: March 21, 2019, 11:23:34 PM »
I think one thing you guys are ignoring about the success of netflix - and the potential success of stadia - is that its not just the carrot of netflix being one sub, a wide variety of content within that sub without any hidden extras, and that sub works on any of the devices you already own and you can access it in any way you feel like entirely at your own conveinence.

Its also the stick of cable companies being stupid greedy assholes, and that netflix sub letting you get away from all of their bullshit.

Sony and MS are stupid greedy assholes, and they have utterly fucked up huge aspects of the value proposition of owning a console in the first place in their chase to be more like a cable company.
Don't get me wrong, Nintendo are stupid greedy assholes too, but they're working in an entirely different asshole space.

Jansen

« Reply #4658 on: March 21, 2019, 11:24:21 PM »
Quote from: GraveRobberX, post: 19089110, member: 5237
Ah fuck ‘em

He will die an old hateful man

This isn’t some woke commentary, just cause you make pretty cartoons is not the be all to tell the world, that everything is wrong and to forget about the past atrocities your own people committed, fuck outta here

There’s a reason those Bombs were dropped on your country, it wasn’t just for fun’s and giggles

https://www.resetera.com/threads/hayao-miyazaki-not-fond-of-american-movies.106816/page-3#post-19089110

BikeJesus

« Reply #4659 on: March 21, 2019, 11:27:58 PM »
Console plebs might use Stevia, but PC mustard race won't.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #4661 on: March 21, 2019, 11:40:56 PM »

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4662 on: March 21, 2019, 11:43:23 PM »
Stadia talk  :nope

benjipwns

« Reply #4663 on: March 21, 2019, 11:45:11 PM »
I think one thing you guys are ignoring about the success of netflix - and the potential success of stadia - is that its not just the carrot of netflix being one sub, a wide variety of content within that sub without any hidden extras, and that sub works on any of the devices you already own and you can access it in any way you feel like entirely at your own conveinence.
Hosting and servicing games has a totally different cost model to it compared to movies or TV shows or music. And in any case, they don't operate against the primary platform and market first. That's the problem of Stadia and that OnLive had before. They can't affordably be the first run for the industry once the subsidies go away. Netflix isn't even close to being the primary funding method for movies or TV shows and it probably will never be without significant changes to the cost model. Companies starting their own streaming services aren't even close to daring put all their costs on it, they aren't even approaching it with serious loss leaders.

Netflix operates on top of the pre-existing development model. On their first-runs they fund it, they don't change the model.

benjipwns

« Reply #4664 on: March 21, 2019, 11:50:30 PM »
TL;DR of the entire argument is whenever they get to streaming movies being the primary first-run market, then we can talk about games.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #4665 on: March 21, 2019, 11:57:24 PM »
OMG! Can you fuckers get back to posting Reeeee stupidity instead of this shit. My lunch break is getting kinda boring and I need some comedy to get me through my Friday.
Spud

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #4666 on: March 22, 2019, 12:00:54 AM »
Hosting and servicing games has a totally different cost model to it compared to movies or TV shows or music. And in any case, they don't operate against the primary platform and market first. That's the problem of Stadia and that OnLive had before. They can't affordably be the first run for the industry once the subsidies go away. Netflix isn't even close to being the primary funding method for movies or TV shows and it probably will never be without significant changes to the cost model. Companies starting their own streaming services aren't even close to daring put all their costs on it, they aren't even approaching it with serious loss leaders.

Netflix operates on top of the pre-existing development model. On their first-runs they fund it, they don't change the model.

I agree in the sense that its content and pricing that will determine its success, not tech stuff which non nerds DGAF about, and given nothing about content or pricing has really been revealed yet...
 :idont

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey

thetylerrob

« Reply #4668 on: March 22, 2019, 12:03:39 AM »
I like my coffee  :bobby with a little bit of Cream and 2 Stadia packets.

benjipwns

« Reply #4669 on: March 22, 2019, 12:06:27 AM »
User warned: trolling inflammatory accusation and conspiracy theories

This just makes me think something I've long suspected: Steam is being used to launder cash. That's why there are so many garbage asset flip things on Steam.
So the ResetERA.com mods are part of it?

Also it'd be way easier to launder the cash through all the crap you can buy like the trading cards. Valve even has made changes to the marketplace because it was being used like this. :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #4670 on: March 22, 2019, 12:08:05 AM »
Of course the bank would just screw you when you go to deposit all the laundered cash through the ATM.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #4671 on: March 22, 2019, 12:08:38 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pewdiepie-fans-release-ransomware.106803/post-19083158

:mindblown

era continue to believe that pewdiepie is IRL Cobra Commander or Ernst Stavro Blofeld or some shit

benjipwns

« Reply #4672 on: March 22, 2019, 12:33:39 AM »
Hope legal action is taken.
Can't stand this guy and his trash fanbase
Guy's influence managed to get 50 innocent people killed. He's not going to jail over this, he's never going for jail over anything unless he's explicitly complicit.

benjipwns

« Reply #4673 on: March 22, 2019, 12:33:59 AM »
What I wouldn't give to go full Negan on one of these little racist, sexist dipwads.

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #4674 on: March 22, 2019, 12:34:01 AM »
User warned: trolling inflammatory accusation and conspiracy theories

This just makes me think something I've long suspected: Steam is being used to launder cash. That's why there are so many garbage asset flip things on Steam.
So the ResetERA.com mods are part of it?

Also it'd be way easier to launder the cash through all the crap you can buy like the trading cards. Valve even has made changes to the marketplace because it was being used like this. :lol

Why do you think Frank Cali got shot on his doorstep the other week, Benji? Its because Steam is being muscled out of the money laundering space by Epic. Gabe is pissed.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

benjipwns

« Reply #4675 on: March 22, 2019, 12:36:05 AM »
Manson didn't tell anyone to murder actors, either.
yeah he did, that was the whole problem he ran into

benjipwns

« Reply #4676 on: March 22, 2019, 12:37:07 AM »
This meme has gone too far.

Reminds me, My brother who is in the 6th grade said that last week they had to do presentations for history class and every kid in his class said " and remember to subscribe to PewDiePie " at the end of their presentations -___-
That is scarier than an episode of Black Mirror.

‘Like and subscribe’ should be the epitaph of the 21st century.

benjipwns

« Reply #4677 on: March 22, 2019, 12:38:36 AM »
He should really start adressing his 'fans' on this, since he's in Europe, not the US. Even if Youtube doesn't do anything, that doesn't mean Swedish law or EU law will do the same.

In fact, I am kind of curious how he's been dealing with the Christchurch attack as it is. Buuuut I don't really want to go and check either.
:lol

benjipwns

« Reply #4678 on: March 22, 2019, 12:39:52 AM »
Maybe, but it also has to do with his love of incel nazis.

benjipwns

« Reply #4679 on: March 22, 2019, 12:41:37 AM »
Don’t cross that shit out because it’s totally true. His fans trying to keep him the most subscribed channel on YT is very much a race war and all about keeping the white man on top. It’s disgusting.
man, race wars have gotten lame